PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray attended every practice and film session last season to support the Spurs

ducks
06-22-2019, 08:51 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/6/20/18692944/dejounte-murray-attended-every-practice-and-film-session-last-season-to-support-the-spurs?fbclid=IwAR1fcbMfYanRMeI3o8jXwHnn4-30Qm9Fdov81lvWDPF4HtNuTsD229bBmNY

r0drig0lac
06-22-2019, 09:12 PM
the leader

slick'81
06-22-2019, 09:13 PM
the leader

Patty mills says hello

SpurPadre
06-22-2019, 09:16 PM
The Chosen One, tbh.

SPURt
06-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Didn’t every player on the roster do the same thing the whole year? It’s sad when showing up to a job you get paid millions to do is considered some sort of special achievement. I understand that Kawhi didn’t do this, but he’s bitch made. I am looking forward to seeing DJ this year but come on.

DMC
06-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Didn’t every player on the roster do the same thing the whole year? It’s sad when showing up to a job you get paid millions to do is considered some sort of special achievement. I understand that Kawhi didn’t do this, but he’s bitch made. I am looking forward to seeing DJ this year but come on.

"My kids ain't never been to prison" -Chris Rock

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2019, 09:23 PM

You gotta look at context. Yes this is a big deal, considering what happened with Kawhi.

Someone ostensibly wants to be here. After having a top-2 player tell the world that being a Spur sucks, we should honestly be thankful when a player we are counting on shows interest in being here.

That's just where we are as a franchise right now. Due to Kawhi, some reputation and mystique has to be rebuilt.

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2019, 09:24 PM
"My kids ain't never been to prison" -Chris Rock

"My one job is to keep her off the pole."

EricB
06-22-2019, 09:58 PM

A lot of players once once they have the surgery pretty much go home for a bit, start working out with their own trainer etc. Dejounte is as bought in committed as anyone outside the big 3 ever has been.

MultiTroll
06-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Didn’t every player on the roster do the same thing the whole year? It’s sad when showing up to a job you get paid millions to do is considered some sort of special achievement.
This.

I'm not a Kwa hater tho till I learn what really came down.
And it appears that ain't ever gonna happen, at least not any time soon.

barakz21
06-22-2019, 11:37 PM
It’s not that big of a deal, under normal circumstances but given what happened with nephew, that’s a big thing for the spurs. It shows he’s bought in and committed to the team. Personally, I think it’s a good gesture to see from a young buck.

8FOR!3
06-23-2019, 12:07 AM
I feel like Murray goes out of his way to try to come across as a true Spur and I for one appreciate it, loyal to the squad

slick'81
06-23-2019, 12:09 AM
I feel like Murray goes out of his way to try to come across as a true Spur and I for one appreciate it, loyal to the squad

Everyone basically passed on him but sa and hes from the mud!Gotta root for dj

pad300
06-23-2019, 09:19 AM

A lot of players once once they have the surgery pretty much go home for a bit, start working out with their own trainer etc. Dejounte is as bought in committed as anyone outside the big 3 ever has been.

Yeah, it's a definite show of commitment to the team & learning the mental side of basketball. A lot of players (& teams) would see no point in a guy who's out until next season attending a Monday morning film session breaking down the weaknesses of say the new jersey nets for the game next Wednesday.... Players with major (basketball preventing) injuries tend to spend a lot of time with the medical staff, but withdraw a little from everything else.

FkLA
06-23-2019, 09:37 AM
A lot of players once once they have the surgery pretty much go home for a bit, start working out with their own trainer etc.

And you know this how? I'm pretty sure proper form is to still attend team functions even if you're injured. The work being done, whether it's with their own trainer or a team trainer, is done at the team's practice facility as well.

Dejounte is as bought in committed as anyone outside the big 3 ever has been.

:rolleyes

Play Boban
06-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Well, he has to post how he's working his ass off on Instagram tbh...... :wakeup

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2019, 04:19 PM
cocksucker doin cocksucker things, nothing to see here... be in popabitchs good side just to get minutes, mustve learn it from wombat..fck that kents

Pavlov
06-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Have they gotten off your lawns yet?

Spurtacular
06-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Present

Same ole.

YGWHI
06-23-2019, 09:16 PM
It’s not that big of a deal, under normal circumstances but given what happened with nephew, that’s a big thing for the spurs. It shows he’s bought in and committed to the team. Personally, I think it’s a good gesture to see from a young buck.

It's a big thing for DJ too.

If he wants that extension I'm sure his agent told him "did you see what happened to Kawhi in last offseason? If you wants your max just go and sit your ass in every film session and practice. Show you're committed to this team."

Blackhaus
06-23-2019, 09:44 PM
He hungry, gotta like a kid with potential that wants to be in in SA. Doesn’t happen very often

barakz21
06-23-2019, 10:48 PM
It's a big thing for DJ too.

If he wants that extension I'm sure his agent told him "did you see what happened to Kawhi in last offseason? If you wants your max just go and sit your ass in every film session and practice. Show you're committed to this team."

Without a doubt. It’ll help him get that max, especially if he lives up to expectations. Shows them he’s all in, then they’ll offer him the max without a second thought