PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Morris - 2019 Free Agent

timvp
06-24-2019, 02:04 AM
https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/headshots/nba/latest/260x190/202694.png

Marcus Morris
Position: SF/PF
Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 235
College: Kansas
Years Pro: 8

Stats (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/morrima03.html)

EricB
06-24-2019, 02:08 AM
If he can reign in the crazy just a bit, and maybe get his own bank account and they can trade Bertans and Belinelli I’m all for it. Maybe S&T for Bertans and Belinelli? Both come off the books, they can try out Davis and see if they want to keep etc... although after the shift rare offer they made for Leonard who knows how things are.

JeffDuncan
06-24-2019, 02:36 AM
His previous contract price vs his stats looks very reasonable. Too much so. He'll be looking for a bigger pay day. It's hard to see how the Spurs can make him the highest offer he'll get.

smaka
06-24-2019, 04:02 AM
I'd like to see him with the Spurs, but probably not for the price he'll command.

RC_Drunkford
06-24-2019, 05:14 AM
My number 1 option besides Bogdanovic. Hope we can get him somehow

MoSpur02
06-24-2019, 05:15 AM
If he can reign in the crazy just a bit, and maybe get his own bank account and they can trade Bertans and Belinelli I’m all for it. Maybe S&T for Bertans and Belinelli? Both come off the books, they can try out Davis and see if they want to keep etc... although after the shift rare offer they made for Leonard who knows how things are.

I actually don't mind the crazy. Spurs need a little craziness.

venitian navigator
06-24-2019, 05:19 AM
I'd say no...probably the best choice as needed skills and the worst as potential locker room problems. I don't see him handle well with Pop...that means potential for trouble, that's the main thing this team wants to avoid...

monty4329
06-24-2019, 05:31 AM
I like him as a player, although I don't now how his game would fit, do we need another mid-range shooter? But the problem is that the guy is a nutcase.
Would make DDR cry, probably.

exstatic
06-24-2019, 06:49 AM
Stephen Jackson, with a twin. Hard pass.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2019, 05:33 AM
http://https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/5/9/8572661/phoenix-suns-morris-markieff-marcus-aggravated-assault-foolishness (http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/5/9/8572661/phoenix-suns-morris-markieff-marcus-aggravated-assault-foolishness)

I wouldn’t call the Morris brothers “Spurs” material.

tbdog
06-26-2019, 06:13 AM
Pretty sure Dante got done for DV.

timvp
06-26-2019, 11:19 AM
http://https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/5/9/8572661/phoenix-suns-morris-markieff-marcus-aggravated-assault-foolishness (http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/5/9/8572661/phoenix-suns-morris-markieff-marcus-aggravated-assault-foolishness)

Good read. It's a good reminder of just how weird the Morris twins are, tbh.

Plus, it's also a positive when two forgettable Spurs wins over the Suns add to Phoenix's misery :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2019, 11:45 AM
Imagine Marcus Morris playing for the Spurs:lol I'd be shocked..

kobyz
06-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Let's go after both!

Dverde
06-26-2019, 12:09 PM
No way Jose.

Spurs da champs
06-26-2019, 12:11 PM
He would clearly fill 2 big needs at the forward positions, 2nd choice would be RHJ.

DAF86
06-26-2019, 12:43 PM
Should be the number one target, imho. Although the MLE likely won't be enough.

Mugen
06-26-2019, 12:47 PM
:lol It's like some veteran posters on the board don't have a clue about what type of guys the Spurs bring in...

DAF86
06-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Murray, White, DeRozan, Morris, Aldridge is a top 5 defense in the league.

Forbes, Walker, Bertans, Gay, Poeltl is a top 5 bench offense in the league.

All together we could have a top 4 team in the West.

DAF86
06-26-2019, 12:52 PM
:lol It's like some veteran posters on the board don't have a clue about what type of guys the Spurs bring in...

Remember when we laughed at the idea of the Spurs bringing empty calories players like Aldridge, DeRozan and Gay? Well, look where we are now.

Mugen
06-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Remember when we laughed at the idea of the Spurs bringing empty calories players like Aldridge, DeRozan and Gay? Well, look where we are now.

None of those guys came with the off the court baggage that the Morris twins do.

:lol Not saying he wouldn't be a good fit basketball wise but the org values character + getting along with Pop probably more than on the court talents unfortunately tbh....

DAF86
06-26-2019, 01:20 PM
None of those guys came with the off the court baggage that the Morris twins do.

:lol Not saying he wouldn't be a good fit basketball wise but the org values character + getting along with Pop probably more than on the court talents unfortunately tbh....

Suppossedly they also value players that got over themselves and there you have them rocking with ":cry mah touches :cry".

Mugen
06-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Suppossedly they also value players that got over themselves and there you have them rocking with ":cry mah touches :cry".

Two different things tbh. LMA or Derozan were never accused of assaulting a homeless man :lol

I'm not even disagreeing with you in that he'd be a great addition. I'm just saying you have followed this team long enough to know there's about 0.1% chance the Spurs bring him onboard while Pop is still part of the organization.

EricB
06-26-2019, 02:59 PM
They share a bank account. They’re so damn weird...

mo7888
07-06-2019, 10:27 AM
The best FA left.

DAF86
07-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Two different things tbh. LMA or Derozan were never accused of assaulting a homeless man :lol

I'm not even disagreeing with you in that he'd be a great addition. I'm just saying you have followed this team long enough to know there's about 0.1% chance the Spurs bring him onboard while Pop is still part of the organization.

This is a new PATFO my brotha :hat

DAF86
07-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Should be the number one target, imho. Although the MLE likely won't be enough.

Good shit sons.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2019, 05:14 PM

lmbebo
07-06-2019, 05:33 PM

:bobo

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Two finger shocked

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Two finger shocked

I'm more shocked that Morris chose the Spurs than the other way around:lol

timtonymanu
07-06-2019, 05:43 PM

Another player exstatic will come around to.

ElNono
07-06-2019, 06:21 PM

:lol

NASpurs
07-06-2019, 06:24 PM

crofl

RC_Drunkford
07-06-2019, 07:05 PM
My number 1 option besides Bogdanovic. Hope we can get him somehow

Great move RC:bobo

slick'81
07-06-2019, 07:10 PM

ahh yes captain optimism

slick'81
07-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Didnt comment because i assumed we didnt have a shot at him but here we are

Slippy
07-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Didnt comment because i assumed we didnt have a shot at him but here we are

Same. Never thought he'd consider the spurs. Credit to coach pop and FO for making it happen

RD2191
07-06-2019, 07:50 PM

In before you start blowing him.

ZeusWillJudge
07-06-2019, 08:15 PM

I didn't see this when you posted it. There's a little more to the story than that article.

The guy who got beat up is Erik Hood. He played some basketball in Europe, and is/was a scout. It looked like "Uncle Erik" came around when the Morris Twins were growing up, and gave some "support". I read the description to mean that he gave their momma some money. The boys found some text messages from Hood saying that he "wanted her to be his girlfriend". (I don't know the exact words of the texts.) The brothers hated him ever since.

The twins signed for cheap in Phoenix, so that they could play on the same team. The Suns got a bargain, and they knew it. The Morris brothers thought they were going to have each others' backs, and kick ass. They totally underestimated just how shitty the Suns' organization was, how bad the team was, and how bad the fans were. They got frustrated, and tired of losing. They were young, and handled it poorly. There's a lot more detail, but that pretty much says it all.

They wound up at a youth center after a game, to watch a youth team that they sponsored. Hood was there, with another team. Words were exchanged. Hood got his ass beat. Afterward, Hood claimed he "didn do nothin". These guys just came up and started beating him, and then the Morris brothers (mostly Marcus, he said) jumped in. He called the Morris' mama the next day, saying they attacked him for no reason, and that he had to have back surgery as a result. (Which was bullshit.) There was a woman "friend" of Hood who was there that night, who identified the twins and said they were part of the attack.

During the trial, Hood (the dumbass) testified that he expected at least $7M from a subsequent civil suit. The dumb shit woman witness had sent text messages about the money she was going to receive in exchange from her testimony. The defense found them, and she stated that she was "just joking with a friend" about the money.

Two other sort-of witnesses testified that the brothers were part of the assault, but then it came out that an attorney had told them to lie, in exchange for money they would receive from the civil suit. One of those two wound up testifying on the stand that he wasn't even at the rec center that night, and he had other people who confirmed it. The other witness couldn't definitely identify either of the brothers.

Two of the other people charged in the assault (friends of the Morris twins) pleaded guilty. The Morris brothers were acquitted. If I had to guess, I would say that Marcus, at least, probably took part - and Markieff was at least a lookout, if he didn't get a few shots in himself. The guy who got beat up was a scumbag, and the brothers had a pretty good reason to hold a grudge. It's a dumb thing to do when you're an NBA player making millions, but they were still pretty young, and still pissed at Uncle Erik expecting to fuck their mom when they were in high school, while claiming to be just a good guy helping out.

I thought they would get some kind of lesser charge at the time, but all the talk about getting paid for testimony probably got them off. The Suns were more pissed that the twins had called out the organization, the fans, and Hornacek.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-06-2019, 10:37 PM
I didn't see this when you posted it. There's a little more to the story than that article.

The guy who got beat up is Erik Hood. He played some basketball in Europe, and is/was a scout. It looked like "Uncle Erik" came around when the Morris Twins were growing up, and gave some "support". I read the description to mean that he gave their momma some money. The boys found some text messages from Hood saying that he "wanted her to be his girlfriend". (I don't know the exact words of the texts.) The brothers hated him ever since.

The twins signed for cheap in Phoenix, so that they could play on the same team. The Suns got a bargain, and they knew it. The Morris brothers thought they were going to have each others' backs, and kick ass. They totally underestimated just how shitty the Suns' organization was, how bad the team was, and how bad the fans were. They got frustrated, and tired of losing. They were young, and handled it poorly. There's a lot more detail, but that pretty much says it all.

They wound up at a youth center after a game, to watch a youth team that they sponsored. Hood was there, with another team. Words were exchanged. Hood got his ass beat. Afterward, Hood claimed he "didn do nothin". These guys just came up and started beating him, and then the Morris brothers (mostly Marcus, he said) jumped in. He called the Morris' mama the next day, saying they attacked him for no reason, and that he had to have back surgery as a result. (Which was bullshit.) There was a woman "friend" of Hood who was there that night, who identified the twins and said they were part of the attack.

During the trial, Hood (the dumbass) testified that he expected at least $7M from a subsequent civil suit. The dumb shit woman witness had sent text messages about the money she was going to receive in exchange from her testimony. The defense found them, and she stated that she was "just joking with a friend" about the money.

Two other sort-of witnesses testified that the brothers were part of the assault, but then it came out that an attorney had told them to lie, in exchange for money they would receive from the civil suit. One of those two wound up testifying on the stand that he wasn't even at the rec center that night, and he had other people who confirmed it. The other witness couldn't definitely identify either of the brothers.

Two of the other people charged in the assault (friends of the Morris twins) pleaded guilty. The Morris brothers were acquitted. If I had to guess, I would say that Marcus, at least, probably took part - and Markieff was at least a lookout, if he didn't get a few shots in himself. The guy who got beat up was a scumbag, and the brothers had a pretty good reason to hold a grudge. It's a dumb thing to do when you're an NBA player making millions, but they were still pretty young, and still pissed at Uncle Erik expecting to fuck their mom when they were in high school, while claiming to be just a good guy helping out.

I thought they would get some kind of lesser charge at the time, but all the talk about getting paid for testimony probably got them off. The Suns were more pissed that the twins had called out the organization, the fans, and Hornacek.

Wow. Interesting. That’s quite a saga. Thanks for the insight. :tu

Dancelot
07-06-2019, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BoJOZP9Cuw&feature=share

Mugen
07-07-2019, 05:56 PM

One of the few things I've been wrong about the Spurs in the last 3-4 years. Pretty damn happy to be wrong tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2019, 07:35 PM
In before you start blowing him.

:lmao

tbdog
07-07-2019, 08:20 PM
I've always said that last years team was built before the Leonard trade, which meant the team was unbalanced. Now we see Buford and Co are building a team since the trade. They pulled off two great signings. I said I wanted Bertans for Crowder traded and sign Morris to the full MLE. We got the better player in Carroll. Insane.

cutewizard
07-08-2019, 03:07 AM
Murray, White, DeRozan, Morris, Aldridge is a top 5 defense in the league.

Forbes, Walker, Bertans, Gay, Poeltl is a top 5 bench offense in the league.

All together we could have a top 4 team in the West.

-----------------------------------

Morris as small ball center (?)
Aldridge at his natural position as power forward
Murray at point forward!
White and DeRozan at guards

then

Poetl at center
Gay and Caroll at forwards
Forbes and Walker at guards

???//!!!!!!

:lobt:

cutewizard
07-08-2019, 03:10 AM
I've always said that last years team was built before the Leonard trade, which meant the team was unbalanced. Now we see Buford and Co are building a team since the trade. They pulled off two great signings. I said I wanted Bertans for Crowder traded and sign Morris to the full MLE. We got the better player in Carroll. Insane.

----------------------------

So what do you think of our chances now good Sir?

venitian navigator
07-08-2019, 03:52 AM
...skill wise the best free agent we could get for how our team currently is...the problem could be his character and attitude...and most of all how he will get along with players such DDR and with Pop. The big part of the risk is the fact that he's just one year rental...next year is PO...so if he doesn't buy in the system he could start to get mad...
One thing to say is that most of the problems, included the one reported above in Phoenix, took place when the twins were together...when separated, they behaved decently...and Marcus has already just been in a similar organization like Boston...doing extremely well.
That said, I'm sorry for Bertans that I liked a lot as a player but he was (sometimes inexplicably, sometimes understandably) in Pop's doghouse...I wish him well on Wizards where, given play time, he could become a real 3 point nuclear weapon, but DMC and Morris take us some needed defense and a good part of the 3 point shooting we missed trading Davis...
So maybe the move is risky (for the reasons above) and for sure non predictable, and in fact I said no to that in my post before the trade happened...but we did it... so i suppose PATFO has already checked and eveluate the guy and came out with positive results about his behavior and personality...

tbdog
07-08-2019, 04:25 AM
----------------------------

So what do you think of our chances now good Sir?

The west is pretty brutal and perhaps Clippers would be the strongest team. It would come down to health. Spurs are stupid deep, so a few health issues shouldn't cost us drastically. In saying that, the team success will be dependent of White and Murray's progression. Depending on their leaps depends on our success. I am far more excited than last year. And tbh, we could have gone to the wcf if it wasn't for the dry spell in game 7.

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 04:48 AM
The west is pretty brutal and perhaps Clippers would be the strongest team. It would come down to health. Spurs are stupid deep, so a few health issues shouldn't cost us drastically. In saying that, the team success will be dependent of White and Murray's progression. Depending on their leaps depends on our success. I am far more excited than last year. And tbh, we could have gone to the wcf if it wasn't for the dry spell in game 7.
i think the only injury that hurts us is if Aldridge gets hurt.. cause we are so thin at center

ceperez
07-08-2019, 07:21 AM
...skill wise the best free agent we could get for how our team currently is...the problem could be his character and attitude...and most of all how he will get along with players such DDR and with Pop. The big part of the risk is the fact that he's just one year rental...next year is PO...so if he doesn't buy in the system he could start to get mad...
One thing to say is that most of the problems, included the one reported above in Phoenix, took place when the twins were together...when separated, they behaved decently...and Marcus has already just been in a similar organization like Boston...doing extremely well.
That said, I'm sorry for Bertans that I liked a lot as a player but he was (sometimes inexplicably, sometimes understandably) in Pop's doghouse...I wish him well on Wizards where, given play time, he could become a real 3 point nuclear weapon, but DMC and Morris take us some needed defense and a good part of the 3 point shooting we missed trading Davis...
So maybe the move is risky (for the reasons above) and for sure non predictable, and in fact I said no to that in my post before the trade happened...but we did it... so i suppose PATFO has already checked and eveluate the guy and came out with positive results about his behavior and personality...

You got to ask why Bertans wasn't as effective as Forbes. To be fair, Spurs had the opportunity here to trade Bertans for Morris. So it might not really reflect on how effective Bertans was. We know though that he wasn't on the floor because he was man handled defensively. But going back to the comparison with Forbes, Forbes was also man handled defensively but it wasn't as bad a mismatch because Denver's guards are much smaller.

Mr. Body
07-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Forbes is a guy who's busted his ass to become at least competitive on defense. Early in the season he struggled with his handles, then solved that problem. I'm really impressed by him -- he'll last in the league because of what he's done.

Mugen
07-09-2019, 04:06 PM

DAF86
07-09-2019, 04:08 PM

I love to shit on PATFO as much as the next guy, when they do retarded shit. But this is not on them, tbh.

Mugen
07-09-2019, 04:13 PM

I love to shit on PATFO as much as the next guy, when they do retarded shit. But this is not on them, tbh.

I'm not saying it's on them. I'm saying there was a reason they wouldn't go after guys like Morris with character issues. And this happened :lmao

spurraider21
07-09-2019, 04:13 PM
this guy knew

slick'81
07-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Cucked

DAF86
07-09-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm not saying it's on them. I'm saying there was a reason they wouldn't go after guys like Morris with character issues. And this happened :lmao

Dude, you said the Spurs' wouldn't go after these type of players with characters issues and you were wrong because they did go after one of them. Too bad he fucked them over. :lol

John B
07-09-2019, 05:57 PM
He’s not over himself

noles1983
07-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Hope that faggot gets ass cancer, tbh.

exstatic
07-09-2019, 06:29 PM

Looks like I won't have to, now. :)

timtonymanu
07-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Looks like I won't have to, now. :)

:lol