PDA

View Full Version : Per Woj, Kent Bazemore Being Traded

MoSpur02
06-24-2019, 03:07 PM
To the Portland Trailblazers for Evan Turner.

slick'81
06-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Meh

Dverde
06-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Never thought I would say this statement “I would rather have Evan Turner”. Bazemore and CJ can podcast together now.

DC23
06-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Blazers needed scoring backup SG. Bazemore is decent, solid pickup.

HarlemHeat37
06-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Bazemore is whatever, but Evan Turner is one of the worst players in the league, shouldn't be in an NBA rotation anymore..good move..

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 04:32 PM
I know ball handling is important but damn ATL. I wish SA would have got him for that price.

Big P
06-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Bazemore is insurance for Rodney Hood leaving.

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 06:24 PM
I would have given up a first for ATL to take Mills/Beli for Baze. Bet they would have done that too.

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 06:35 PM
In fact, if ATL is looking for 1) A back up PG & 2) A vet that will be a positive influence on all the youth, I wonder if they would do Mills+Beli+1st for Evan Turner?

slick'81
06-24-2019, 06:36 PM
In fact, if ATL is looking for 1) A back up PG & 2) A vet that will be a positive influence on all the youth, I wonder if they would do Mills+Beli+1st for Evan Turner?

Nobody is doing mills for anything tbh

Dennis the Menace
06-24-2019, 06:42 PM

This. All the other destinations generate pressure to perform.

talkspurs
06-24-2019, 07:08 PM

I think Houston would take him in a Paul trade as well as Minnesota in a Wiggins trade. There are worse contracts out there. That being said I wish we would trade mills and beli.

tlongII
06-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Great trade. ET sucks.

Mugen
06-24-2019, 07:46 PM

:lol Why would you want that?

slick'81
06-24-2019, 07:48 PM

:lmao

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 08:01 PM

Easy. Turner has some size but really for his contract. It clears out some logjam with it being a 2 for 1. Then it also sheds Mills last 2 years of money which is huge.

Mugen
06-24-2019, 09:05 PM
Easy. Turner has some size but really for his contract. It clears out some logjam with it being a 2 for 1. Then it also sheds Mills last 2 years of money which is huge.

Turner might be one of the rare guys in the league that is both a terrible fit next to Derozan and with everybody else when Demar sits.

I'm not opposed to sending out a 1st to dump Patty (I'd have done it for Bazemore for example) but if you're going to do that and still keep Demar/LMA on the team, you might as well do it for a guy that isn't a horrible fit on the remaining roster.

DAF86
06-24-2019, 09:13 PM

Mills, Belli AND A 1ST!!! for Evan fucking Turner? Bro, do you even watch basketball anymore? :lol

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Turner might be one of the rare guys in the league that is both a terrible fit next to Derozan and with everybody else when Demar sits.

I'm not opposed to sending out a 1st to dump Patty (I'd have done it for Bazemore for example) but if you're going to do that and still keep Demar/LMA on the team, you might as well do it for a guy that isn't a horrible fit on the remaining roster.

Might not get cake and eat it too. If he sucks thats just more minutes for the youth with no loyalty to Turner and Mills/Beli

Millennial_Messiah
06-24-2019, 09:23 PM
Great trade. ET sucks.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9ac50a08ec59f1f55730e8b5e10fbf12/tenor.gif?itemid=12620981

Mugen
06-24-2019, 10:36 PM
Might not get cake and eat it too. If he sucks thats just more minutes for the youth with no loyalty to Turner and Mills/Beli

We both know Patty ain't getting moved, my dude. We should at least try to dream a little bigger than Evan Fucking Turner :lol

slick'81
06-24-2019, 10:47 PM
We both know Patty ain't getting moved, my dude. We should at least try to dream a little bigger than Evan Fucking Turner :lol

Yeah i was smh

DPG21920
06-24-2019, 10:55 PM
Mills, Belli AND A 1ST!!! for Evan fucking Turner? Bro, do you even watch basketball anymore? :lol

I feel like ST got collectively more silly. It’s a salary dump. You aren’t trading Mills and getting a useful player. You are only getting an expiring deal at best.

Sorry you don’t love Turner; neither do I. But ATL needs leadership, a back up PG (why they traded for Turner) and has the ability to absorb Mills remaining years.

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand tbh..No matter who you dump Mills to, you are going to have to give up a first rounder; whether you get a player back or not.

Keepin' it real
06-24-2019, 11:03 PM
Spurs

gambit1990
06-24-2019, 11:52 PM
even the blazers improving by trading a scrub player...

gambit1990
06-24-2019, 11:53 PM
:lol

EricB
06-25-2019, 01:43 AM

Mills. Isn’t. Getting. Traded.

kobyz
06-25-2019, 06:24 AM
Why didn't we offer Bertans and Bellinelli for Baze?

DAF86
06-25-2019, 12:44 PM
I feel like ST got collectively more silly. It’s a salary dump. You aren’t trading Mills and getting a useful player. You are only getting an expiring deal at best.

Sorry you don’t love Turner; neither do I. But ATL needs leadership, a back up PG (why they traded for Turner) and has the ability to absorb Mills remaining years.

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand tbh..No matter who you dump Mills to, you are going to have to give up a first rounder; whether you get a player back or not.

Mills and Belinelli >> Turner

I would even argue that each of those Spurs individually > Turner

What's the point of salary dumping semi-serviceable regular season players while giving up a 1st round pick? Mills contract/situation isn't so bad to give up a 1st round pick just to get rid of him. Sorry, but there's no reason to spin that trade into something not completely retarded, tbh.

DAF86
06-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Why didn't we offer Bertans and Bellinelli for Baze?

Because Bertans alone >>> Bazemore

kobyz
06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
Because Bertans alone >>> Bazemore

bertans sucks, even he said he's not worth the money spurs gave him

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Mills and Belinelli >> Turner

I would even argue that each of those Spurs individually > Turner

What's the point of salary dumping semi-serviceable regular season players while giving up a 1st round pick? Mills contract/situation isn't so bad to give up a 1st round pick just to get rid of him. Sorry, but there's no reason to spin that trade into something not completely retarded, tbh.

What? You are missing the point entirely hence you acting silly.

Mills and Beli are better than Turner, yes. However, Mills and Beli aren’t better than Lonnie/Forbes/Murray/White. Removing Beli/Mills opens up minutes for those guys that are better than Mills/Beli/Turner. This is not hard to comprehend. At all.

Beyond that, knowing you want to give those guys minutes (Lonnie/Forbes/Murray/White), removing a guy with a higher/multi-year contract is why you pay the first.

That would instantly allow SA NEXT season, to have immense flexibility mostly under their control to re-shape the team via free agency/draft.

I really don’t get how you can’t see this basic concept tbh..

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Also, not living in a bubble, there are only so many teams A) with contracts like this B) In a great cap position next year to take on 13M & C) In need of a back up vet PG.

So while ya, I would like someone better than Turner, it’s not realistic since there aren’t a ton of teams that meet ABC in this fictional scenario.

DAF86
06-25-2019, 01:44 PM
What? You are missing the point entirely hence you acting silly.

No, I'm not missing shit. :lol Stop underrating other people's capacity to comprehend stuff son. It's not a good look, tbh. Especially not when you are out there spouting less than conventional opinions.

Mills and Beli are better than Turner, yes. However, Mills and Beli aren’t better than Lonnie/Forbes/Murray/White. Removing Beli/Mills opens up minutes for those guys that are better than Mills/Beli/Turner. This is not hard to comprehend. At all.

Beyond that, knowing you want to give those guys minutes (Lonnie/Forbes/Murray/White), removing a guy with a higher/multi-year contract is why you pay the first.

That would instantly allow SA NEXT season, to have immense flexibility mostly under their control to re-shape the team via free agency/draft.

I really don’t get how you can’t see this basic concept tbh..

You don't need to be giving up fucking first round picks to play your best guys, tbh. :lol

Just man up, stop being a hypocrite, get over your "culture" thing and play your best guys without caring if the feelings of your veterans get hurt.

And let's say Pop won't do this simple thing. You don't really need to give up a first round pick to dump either of Beli (in fact, we might get a 2nd for his shooting and expiring 6 millions) or Mills (like you said previously, a team with cap space and in need of a veteran guard who can shoot would consider taking him without asking for any further asset).

I really don’t get how you can’t see this basic concept tbh.. :lol

DAF86
06-25-2019, 01:45 PM
bertans sucks, even he said he's not worth the money spurs gave him

Well, how much you think Bertans sucks, Bazemore sucks even more.

Mugen
06-25-2019, 01:47 PM
Also, not living in a bubble, there are only so many teams A) with contracts like this B) In a great cap position next year to take on 13M & C) In need of a back up vet PG.

So while ya, I would like someone better than Turner, it’s not realistic since there aren’t a ton of teams that meet ABC in this fictional scenario.

I understand what you're saying but again Turner is the rare guy in the league that might actually make the Spurs worse than Patty/Beli (two guys I hate tbh) and would take away touches from Dejounte/DWhite/Lonnie (also lol @ including Bryn in your list).....

I'd rather just keep that 1st rounder to target a better fit/player. I also don't think anybody worth their salt is coming to the Spurs in free agency for a long, long time so I don't care too much about Fatty's extra year...that's probably where we differ most tbh.....

DAF86
06-25-2019, 01:48 PM

Again: who fucking cares about Turner? It's giving up the first round pick that is awfully retarded. :lol

You are contradicting yourself son. Is it a salary dump or not? If it is, then why do you care what player we get?

timvp
06-25-2019, 01:49 PM
I agree with DPF that the Hawks would request a first rounder to absorb Mills' contract (if not two). Would I do it? Tbh, I'd trade a first rounder only if it created salary cap space this year AND cleared a logged jam (so preferably not get back a high salary player like Turner). Clearing a log jam by itself isn't enough ... unless DeRozan is also traded and the Spurs are opening up salary cap space next summer.

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 01:57 PM
No, I'm not missing shit. :lol Stop underrating other people's capacity to comprehend stuff son. It's not a good look, tbh. Especially not when you are out there spouting less than conventional opinions.

This doesn’t even make sense. You not being able to articulate the basics of the logic of what I proposed is what leads me to believe you can’t comprehend it.

You can disagree with it if you express you understand the “why” but you never did that and with you I’m not assuming anything :lol

You don't need to be giving up fucking first round picks to play your best guys, tbh. :lol

You aren’t giving up a first just to free up minutes for your best players. That is ONE aspect of the deal, but not the only.

Just man up, stop being a hypocrite, get over your "culture" thing and play your best guys without caring if the feelings of your veterans get hurt.

You believe that will happen? Not just in the nba in general, but with Spurs? Mills and Beli played minutes, even in the playoffs. There is a clear logjam and limited roster spots too. Freeing up at least one roster spot would be a big deal IMO, along with guaranteeing a for sure path to minutes for the younger and way higher upside youth.

We just saw ATL do this for that exact reason. Many teams do. Sure, they didn’t give up a pick, but that is because the deal was net neutral and they already have a ton of cap space anyways.

And let's say Pop won't do this simple thing. You don't really need to give up a first round pick to dump either of Beli (in fact, we might get a 2nd for his shooting and expiring 6 millions) or Mills (like you said previously, a team with cap space and in need of a veteran guard who can shoot would consider taking him without asking for any further asset).

I really don’t get how you can’t see this basic concept tbh.. :lol

Pop has never done that simple thing and on top of that there is a major logjam now. Beyond that, the other aspect is giving SA a ridiculous amount of flexibility next year. If SA waits, which they could, and needed that cap space next season they could use a first then and dump Mills. But either way they are using the first and this way gets you two other benefits: opens a roster spot (or two if you buyout ET) and clears the path for minutes with the better younger player.

All of that for one first is worth it to me. ET is really not relevant to the equation in the real world.

Beyond that your silly logic of “team may need a back up PG and give you something!” For Mills is the only “less than conventional” thing in this exchange.

ATL already got their back up PG (ET) for Baze. We would be asking them to take on 13M in salary next year when ET has none. Hence the need for an asset.

I dont doubt Beli might fetch a 2nd rounder in a second deal, but if he allows SA to match salaries, keep the outgoing assets to one pick vs multiple to dump Mills, then I am ok with that since it kills so many birds with one stone.

I know it’s unlikely to happen, but I don’t get all the hubbub about it unless you are really truly confident Mills/Beli will be buried in the rotation. If that is the case? Sure, just wait until next year and waive/stretch Mills if you need more cap space.

I am not sold on Mills making that much money to be Pondexter. You hardly EVER see the 12-15 man making 13M - you just don’t pay that player that much money.

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 01:58 PM
I understand what you're saying but again Turner is the rare guy in the league that might actually make the Spurs worse than Patty/Beli (two guys I hate tbh) and would take away touches from Dejounte/DWhite/Lonnie (also lol @ including Bryn in your list).....

I'd rather just keep that 1st rounder to target a better fit/player. I also don't think anybody worth their salt is coming to the Spurs in free agency for a long, long time so I don't care too much about Fatty's extra year...that's probably where we differ most tbh.....

ET would not be playing. MIlls/Beli due to role on team/POP would be; that’s the point. ET would ride the bench because Pop has no loyalty to ET unlike Mills/Beli.

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 01:59 PM

Did you see what Atl did with their cap space and how many extra first they got for taking on just one year of salary? It’s not just about who will come; especially if you already have a good team. Sometimes it can net you big assets.

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 02:01 PM
I agree with DPF that the Hawks would request a first rounder to absorb Mills' contract (if not two). Would I do it? Tbh, I'd trade a first rounder only if it created salary cap space this year AND cleared a logged jam (so preferably not get back a high salary player like Turner). Clearing a log jam by itself isn't enough ... unless DeRozan is also traded and the Spurs are opening up salary cap space next summer.

DPA+ more like it.

Im fine with wanting cap space this year, but I think 1 first to ensure a cleared up rotation, with the most upside and ability to add more (since you get an extra roster spot) + the ability for cap space next year is worth it.

I am assuming in this type of scenario DeRozan is also moved or not extended which means a likely opt out next season.

kobyz
06-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Well, how much you think Bertans sucks, Bazemore sucks even more.

No, stop being a homer, it's disgusting!

DAF86
06-25-2019, 05:07 PM
This doesn’t even make sense. You not being able to articulate the basics of the logic of what I proposed is what leads me to believe you can’t comprehend it.

You can disagree with it if you express you understand the “why” but you never did that and with you I’m not assuming anything :lol

You aren’t giving up a first just to free up minutes for your best players. That is ONE aspect of the deal, but not the only.

You believe that will happen? Not just in the nba in general, but with Spurs? Mills and Beli played minutes, even in the playoffs. There is a clear logjam and limited roster spots too. Freeing up at least one roster spot would be a big deal IMO, along with guaranteeing a for sure path to minutes for the younger and way higher upside youth.

We just saw ATL do this for that exact reason. Many teams do. Sure, they didn’t give up a pick, but that is because the deal was net neutral and they already have a ton of cap space anyways.

Pop has never done that simple thing and on top of that there is a major logjam now. Beyond that, the other aspect is giving SA a ridiculous amount of flexibility next year. If SA waits, which they could, and needed that cap space next season they could use a first then and dump Mills. But either way they are using the first and this way gets you two other benefits: opens a roster spot (or two if you buyout ET) and clears the path for minutes with the better younger player.

All of that for one first is worth it to me. ET is really not relevant to the equation in the real world.

Beyond that your silly logic of “team may need a back up PG and give you something!” For Mills is the only “less than conventional” thing in this exchange.

ATL already got their back up PG (ET) for Baze. We would be asking them to take on 13M in salary next year when ET has none. Hence the need for an asset.

I dont doubt Beli might fetch a 2nd rounder in a second deal, but if he allows SA to match salaries, keep the outgoing assets to one pick vs multiple to dump Mills, then I am ok with that since it kills so many birds with one stone.

I know it’s unlikely to happen, but I don’t get all the hubbub about it unless you are really truly confident Mills/Beli will be buried in the rotation. If that is the case? Sure, just wait until next year and waive/stretch Mills if you need more cap space.

I am not sold on Mills making that much money to be Pondexter. You hardly EVER see the 12-15 man making 13M - you just don’t pay that player that much money.

I literally said "a team with cap space and in need of a veteran guard who can shoot would consider taking him without asking for any further asset" not that they "may give you something", tbh. And I'm the one having problem with comprehension. :lol

Dude, giving up a first to salary dump Mills isn't worth it. Some of the last Spurs' first round picks: Kawhi, Cory, Anderson, Murray, White, Walker. All worth a lot more than a 12/15 millions per year salary dump.

I think you may get to trade Mills without giving up a pick (or maybe just a 2nd round one) but if you can't, I would rather not trade him at all than to give up a first round pick. I value that pick a lot more than dumping a Patty Mills that will he off the books in a couple of years.

DAF86
06-25-2019, 05:19 PM
No, stop being a homer, it's disgusting!

I suggest you doing a little research. Not an extensive one, just a little is enough.

DPG21920
06-25-2019, 05:34 PM
I literally said "a team with cap space and in need of a veteran guard who can shoot would consider taking him without asking for any further asset" not that they "may give you something", tbh. And I'm the one having problem with comprehension. :lol

Dude, giving up a first to salary dump Mills isn't worth it. Some of the last Spurs' first round picks: Kawhi, Cory, Anderson, Murray, White, Walker. All worth a lot more than a 12/15 millions per year salary dump.

I think you may get to trade Mills without giving up a pick (or maybe just a 2nd round one) but if you can't, I would rather not trade him at all than to give up a first round pick. I value that pick a lot more than dumping a Patty Mills that will he off the books in a couple of years.

That is reasonable. I am not opining using a first to just dump Mills for the sake of it though. I agree not using a first just for that. But if that first would allow SA to be better this year, allow the youth to develop more and lead to a truly good free agent/re-shaping the team next year too? That’s where my head is at.

I know Timvp wants capspace this year for that to be worth it but capspace next year is equally valuable to me.

kobyz
06-25-2019, 06:01 PM
I suggest you doing a little research. Not an extensive one, just a little is enough.

I know more about Bertans than you, he's hardly an NBA material no matter how much meaningless regular season threes he's having, he's robotic, soft, slow minded player, that should never see one minute of playoff basketball...

DAF86
06-25-2019, 06:11 PM
I know more about Bertans than you, he's hardly an NBA material no matter how much meaningless regular season threes he's having, he's robotic, soft, slow minded player, that should never see one minute of playoff basketball...

Are you implying you watched more Euro Bertans than me? Maybe. Although I've watched enough Euro Bertans to know what he's capable of when given confidence and a steady role, tbh.

You calling him "robotic", "slow minded", "soft" gives me the impression that you are a bit of a hater though. I could easily debunk each and every one of those remarks you made about him, but I don't feel like getting into so much trouble.

Anyway, you are missing the point: Bazemore isn't as good as you think he is. By any objective metric, he was a far less efficient player than Bertans on pretty much every category last season.

tonight...you
06-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Are you implying you watched more Euro Bertans than me? Maybe. Although I've watched enough Euro Bertans to know what he's capable of when given confidence and a steady role, tbh.

You calling him "robotic", "slow minded", "soft" gives me the impression that you are a bit of a hater though. I could easily debunk each and every one of those remarks you made about him, but I don't feel like getting into so much trouble.

Anyway, you are missing the point: Bazemore isn't as good as you think he is. By any objective metric, he was a far less efficient player than Bertans on pretty much every category last season.
And keep in mind that debating with that old boy would be the equivalent of arguing with a Dollar Store Teddy Ruxpin made in a country you've never heard of.

kobyz
06-25-2019, 08:21 PM

I watched him some also when he played in Spain, even in euroleague play he was very underwhelming and not an impact player, he was in and out of the rotation even there...
And I'm not thinking bazmore is something special, he's average player and not very consistent, but still he's at least 2 level above Bertans, don't looked only on the numbers, Bertans is in perfect situation and still can't have real impact...
We could really use this type of game winning skill when we face Lakers next season:
https://youtu.be/LdEaDM87lnA

DAF86
06-25-2019, 08:27 PM
I watched him some also when he played in Spain, even in euroleague play he was very underwhelming and not an impact player, he was in and out of the rotation even there...
And I'm not thinking bazmore is something special, he's average player and not very consistent, but still he's at least 2 level above Bertans, don't looked only on the numbers, Bertans is in perfect situation and still can't have real impact...
We could really use this type of game winning skill when we face Lakers next season:
https://youtu.be/LdEaDM87lnA

What would be Bertans' ideal perfect situation, being the player on Pop's shortest leash? :lol

Also you might want to check Bertans' impact stats before saying he doesn't have "real impact".