PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Why is Kyrie Irving being talked about as a Max contract player?

MultiTroll
06-25-2019, 10:44 AM
This nonsense of Irving and Durbetta in NY or Brooklyn.

For that matter, why would Brooklyn swap DSnitch for Irving?
I'd rather have DRussel.

R. DeMurre
06-25-2019, 11:55 AM
He couldn't get along with Lebron in the best of situations, then he couldn't get along with a bunch of younger guys on the Celtics-- huge red flags for me. Plus he thinks the earth is flat, meaning the American and Soviet space programs would've had to have been in cahoots together with every scientist from every country, plus every airline pilot and ship captain... the stupidity of this conspiracy theory would definitely make me nervous enough to not want to make him the highest paid player and leader of an NBA team. Plus advanced stats generally show him to be a better-than-average player, but not a Max Player.

whitemamba
06-25-2019, 12:50 PM
The CBA ... everyone’s a max player now.

baseline bum
06-25-2019, 01:06 PM
The CBA ... everyone’s a max player now.

It has been like that ever since they put max salaries in for stars in 1999. Jordan made $33 million in 1998 dollars but the owners put a stop to stars getting market value real quick after that. I think max salary fell to something like $10 million for those not grandfathered in with higher salaries.

gambit1990
06-25-2019, 02:23 PM
the media and dumb fans’ hype. it’s a feedback loop.

i rarely post on reddit but i remember saying kyrie was a cancer early in the season, got downvoted... and now everyone agrees :lol

it takes people on r/nba awhile to catch on.

SuperCam
06-25-2019, 04:20 PM
there's 3, maybe 4 guards better in the entire league. multiple all-nba before age 27 :lol

kiss the ring, faggot

https://i.gifer.com/7Xto.gif

MultiTroll
06-25-2019, 04:57 PM
there's 3, maybe 4 guards better in the entire league. multiple all-nba before age 27 :lol
:lol Still waiting for those 64 wins, RalphieCam.

MultiTroll
06-25-2019, 05:00 PM
He couldn't get along with Lebron in the best of situations, then he couldn't get along with a bunch of younger guys on the Celtics-- huge red flags for me. Plus he thinks the earth is flat, meaning the American and Soviet space programs would've had to have been in cahoots together with every scientist from every country, plus every airline pilot and ship captain... the stupidity of this conspiracy theory would definitely make me nervous enough to not want to make him the highest paid player and leader of an NBA team. Plus advanced stats generally show him to be a better-than-average player, but not a Max Player.

the media and dumb fans’ hype. it’s a feedback loop.

i rarely post on reddit but i remember saying kyrie was a cancer early in the season, got downvoted... and now everyone agrees :lol

it takes people on r/nba awhile to catch on.
If he would show some humility more often (as Ainge alluded to), esp now he could get into a potential Championship team by being for example a 3rd option with Lebron and Brow. Or Philly. Or Milwaukee. Shoot he should try to get on Toronto. But probably too full of himself and not truly interested in being with a real #1 like he was with LeBron.

Instead I wonder if he and his agent are going to drink the Kool Aide of going anywhere in the playoffs with Brooklyn or Knicks.
Inving and Durant. Gawd that would further expose those two phonies. :rollin

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2019, 05:07 PM
this clown is the most overrated player in the league

pre lebron couldnt do shit
post lebron on the celtics on a stacked team? still couldnt do shit

InRareForm
06-25-2019, 05:16 PM
His stock went super high after making that shot in finals and some people are still clinging to that

SuperCam
06-25-2019, 05:17 PM
:lol Still waiting for those 64 wins, RalphieCam.

they were on track until MAGAward ruined the team. 32 million dollars a year to watch fox news :lol

MultiTroll
06-25-2019, 06:15 PM
His stock went super high after making that shot in finals and some people are still clinging to that
Yep.
Reg season Kyrie became playoff Chucking Kyrie without LeBron to take the defensive pressure away.
2018 Celts going farther without Kyrie then they ever had and have with. WCFs.

phxspurfan
06-27-2019, 12:28 AM

kiss the ring, faggot

After this years playoff abomination quit job, not so sure. Current guards better than him:

Curry
Dame
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
James Harden
Westbrook
Klay

Soon to be better:

Jamal Murray
Donovan Mitchell
Middleton
VO
Kemba

gambit1990
06-27-2019, 12:36 AM
this clown is the most overrated player in the league

pre lebron couldnt do shit
post lebron on the celtics on a stacked team? still couldnt do shit
:tu:tu

ElNono
06-27-2019, 01:23 AM
He’s basically an uncultured Patty Mills at this point, tbh... tho Patty will probably get the max from Poop next time :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2019, 10:15 AM
There are 30 teams in the league, they aren't all going to get legit superstars, have to settle for lesser players like Kyrie..

Chucho
06-27-2019, 10:43 AM
https://zayzay.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/uncle-drew.gif
He did a BBall movie without Lebron
BEFORE
LEGOAT

$48 Million Box office against an $18 million budget
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NarrowWatchfulCatfish-max-1mb.gif
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NarrowWatchfulCatfish-max-1mb.gif
Will Space Jame 2 even be profitable?

What Nick Kroll is to Comedy

Kyrie is to BBall and Max Contracts

LOL, Kroll isn't a Paulie Shore or CarrotTop blemish. I don't even know anyone who talks about Kroll anymore. Kyrie is like a Trevor Noah or any of the late night talk show hosts (even Kimmel since he's pushing SJW themes for $$) - they're really not funny, even with teams of writers. They have a built in audience that makes them seem funny, like Kyrie's built in audience see him as a top shelf talent.

Spurtacular
06-27-2019, 03:39 PM
It has been like that ever since they put max salaries in for stars in 1999. Jordan made $33 million in 1998 dollars but the owners put a stop to stars getting market value real quick after that. I think max salary fell to something like $10 million for those not grandfathered in with higher salaries.

IIRC, there were restrictions then that stopped Jordan from getting real market value even then. But you're right that the NBA tightened the screws after that.

BD24
06-27-2019, 06:36 PM
they were on track until MAGAward ruined the team. 32 million dollars a year to watch fox news :lol
At what point were they on pace you lying fuck :lol

Bynumite
06-27-2019, 06:59 PM
D'Angelo's usage is one of the highest in the league. Kyrie is an elite and proven 2nd option, if the Nets bring in KD like recent reports suggest, i'd rather pair him with Kyrie than Russell tbh.

JuegaBonito
06-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Simple answer about the top 30-35 dudes in the league are max players. Sure you may think a max player is a top 10 dude. Then teams start wanting to secure guys like Tobias Harris and Kemba Walker and use max money to do so. Therefore it is easy to see why Kyrie is a max player. Hell Derozen is a max player isn’t he ??

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 07:28 PM
He is awful IMO. Lebron made this dude. He whined his way out of town thinking he was better than he was. He wrecked Boston last year.. That's why Spurs run is so special to me. We have star players that loved playing together. Manu after the 2005 finals did not say "Fuck SA and Tim, trade me so I get my own team"..

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 07:33 PM

kiss the ring, faggot

Hard to win with the guy. Bad team-mate, does not take ownership of anything, puts the blame on others. Thinks he is far better than he really is. Off the top

Giannis
Number 2
Lebron
KD
Klay
Steph
AD
Embiid
Lillard
George
Rus
Harden

All better players.. Not sure he is even better than Butler..

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 07:40 PM
D'Angelo's usage is one of the highest in the league. Kyrie is an elite and proven 2nd option, if the Nets bring in KD like recent reports suggest, i'd rather pair him with Kyrie than Russell tbh.

He is a proven second option if he gets to play with at the time the best player in the league.. Past that he is a pain in the ass.. Not worth it.. Teams like the Knicks wanting him are nuts. They had Melo with a bunch of trash losing shit loads of games for years. Melo in his prime is better than Kyrie... Even if Knicks get KD too, he is out all year..

endrity
06-28-2019, 03:46 AM
His isolation play with the Celtics was a pain to watch. He's got incredible skill, but really no desire to blend that in with the rest of the team.

He can be the second, or third, option on a championship team but he's nowhere near close to being the alpha on a championship team.

Strangely enough, I think he would benefit from a little Pop treatment. It would mature him like it did with Tony Parker.

FkLA
06-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Why is Porzingis?

Fringe all-star at best, career high PPG is like 17, injury risk given his height and weight, diva, bigmen are becoming less and less valuable. Overinflated by the NY market and Nolan's ineptitude, imo.