PDA

View Full Version : Whose jersey aside from Aldridge and DeMar do you own or you would like to own?

Dejounte
06-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Everyone has favorites. Who's yours?

For me, it's a satisfying feeling when you're invested in a player you like from the very beginning of their career and it's great to watch them blossom. I was one of the first to believe in Kawhi's greatness (not on this forum, but around friends) and bragged about him endlessly when he got good. Of course, we know how that ended and since I'm Spurs fan first over everything, my owned jersey of Kawhi's is now garbage.

So now the point of this thread is to see who you're likely to be invested in and root for out of all the Spurs players (mostly young) whether it's because you enjoy their personality, their work ethic, their talent, etc...

I've been torn between Dejounte, Lonnie, White before Samanic entered the picture. Dejounte because his measurements and talent for rebounding is intriguing, but his grammar can be annoying as hell sometimes. Lonnie because dude showcases out of this world athleticism at times, and thats exciting. He also seems to forge his own path instead of following others (the impression I got, maybe it's his hair). White because he's just so stoic just as Kawhi was. Hopefully he doesnt turn into a sociopath like Nephew, but the way he gives interviews doesnt indicate that. And finally, Samanic... To me, his potential is through the roof. Ive watched his tape for hours weeks on end before he was even drafted, and still watch it after he was drafted. I really think this dude is our next star as I predicted Kawhi was going to be.

So in the end, I think it's down to two for me: Derrick White and Samanic. Decisions, decisions ...

What a time to be alive, who would ever have thought the Spurs would have this much youth. I remember years ago, people would complain hard about not having one single young player with potential.

So who are you going to invest in?

Player fans, assemble?

DAF86
06-25-2019, 07:46 PM
Laprovittolas

SAGirl
06-25-2019, 08:03 PM
None of the new guys tbh. a Timmy D one, my favorite, a Manu one that's my husband's, a Tony one I got on sale (no kidding)... Have 2 Leonard ones, one of them the expensive 2014 championship edition, a classic basically. After 2014 I haven't purchased one and likely won't ever again bc I prefer t-shirts or other clothing. Jerseys aren't flattering to women and are kind of itchy too.

perk
06-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Derrick White sold me last year. He’s by far my favorite player on the current Spurs, so I have his jersey now. I also have 2 Timmy jerseys, a Manu one and Kawhi one that I don’t wear and have been meaning to burn.

gambit1990
06-25-2019, 08:09 PM
scola.

another bad trade by the spurs... (and yeah, i know he never played for spurs)

slick'81
06-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Jst have my duncan and ginobili jerseys havent bought any new ones recently

gambit1990
06-25-2019, 08:50 PM
have no interest in buying a new one but if i could get one for free i’d go with murray or luka.

barakz21
06-25-2019, 08:57 PM
I have Big Fun’s though I haven’t been able to find it when I visited my home town. Also have a rip-off Manu reversible jersey. And of course, I have nephew’s. Kinda wanna burn it, but then that shit is expensive and so I don’t wanna waste money.

Joseph Kony
06-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Robinson/Gervin/Duncan/Parker/Ginobili/LA/DD/Leonard/Splitter(lol), don't really wear them just have a small collection. fuck nephew too because i have like 4 different leonard jerseys :lol

sananspursfan21
06-25-2019, 09:20 PM
My Spurs jersey game sucks tbh. I got a Rodman, Duncan, and Ginobili. I’ve got tons of other NBA jerseys though. Spurs fan through and through but I had a lot of players I really liked as a kid (and hoped they become Spurs)

Manong Ginobili
06-25-2019, 09:51 PM
Quinndary jersey will be a collector's item in years.

Seventyniner
06-25-2019, 10:45 PM
My Spurs jersey game sucks tbh. I got a Rodman, Duncan, and Ginobili. I’ve got tons of other NBA jerseys though. Spurs fan through and through but I had a lot of players I really liked as a kid (and hoped they become Spurs)

Damn, Rodman? Behind Number Two, I can't think of a less desirable jersey. I guess it's a classic now but that guy was like Uncle Dennis and Mike Tyson rolled into one person.

look_at_g_shred
06-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Only jerseys I own Rn are Leonard and Green ... wingstop :cry

LakerHater
06-26-2019, 12:58 AM
Fuck Nike!

I dont own anything Nike!

Seventyniner
06-26-2019, 01:00 AM
Only jerseys I own Rn are Leonard and Green ... wingstop :cry

Go bring them to Academy and trade them in for DeRozan and Poeltl jerseys. You'll even get a draft pick! It will only cost you $5 million!

apalisoc_9
06-26-2019, 01:28 AM
Really only care for Kawhi, Tony, TD, Nazr, Tiaggo jersry

phxspurfan
06-26-2019, 01:34 AM
T-Mac

apalisoc_9
06-26-2019, 01:38 AM
Kyle Anderson.

Would like to own a speedy claxton one too and a James Anderson.

John B
06-26-2019, 01:47 AM
I got Manu Jersey’s. I would not mind getting any of Murray, White or Walker. I think they are going to be the next Spurs Big 3.

Dejounte
06-26-2019, 04:07 AM
Go bring them to Academy and trade them in for DeRozan and Poeltl jerseys. You'll even get a draft pick! It will only cost you $5 million!

That would save people so much money. Imagine being a fan of a losing team where theres so much roster turnover...

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-26-2019, 04:18 AM
George Gervin, David Robinson, 2 Tony Parker's, 2 Manu, 3 Tim Duncan Spurs, and 1 Timmy Wake Forest jerseys.

Legacy
06-26-2019, 04:38 AM
T-Mac

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2019, 05:38 AM
D. White Jersey would be cool. Great kid who embodies what the Spurs are about.

sananspursfan21
06-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Damn, Rodman? Behind Number Two, I can't think of a less desirable jersey. I guess it's a classic now but that guy was like Uncle Dennis and Mike Tyson rolled into one person.

Yeah yeah yeah you like stupid stuff when you’re a kid :lol

benefactor
06-26-2019, 07:55 AM
As others have said, none of new guys right now tbh. My favorite I own is my Duncan '08 All-Star. The last game I wore it to I had a guy offer me 200 bucks to buy it off my back.

SASdynasty!
06-26-2019, 08:33 AM
This might shock you all, but I have a Tony Parker Jersey.

Dejounte
06-26-2019, 10:24 AM
Interesting that Derrick White has more fans than I thought.

BD24
06-26-2019, 04:29 PM
I have a DJ Jersey. Might grab a white, luka, or LW4 Jersey this year depending on how they play

RC_Drunkford
06-26-2019, 04:59 PM
I doubt that a lot of people here own DeRozan or Aldridge jerseys. I'd probably buy none of them because my favorite position is Power Forward (the classic version) which is how I modelled my game and that's the reason Tim Duncan is my favorite player. I bought a Duncan jersey 17 years ago.

As far as the young guys, I like all of them and think our 3 guards will prove the haters wrong