PDA

View Full Version : Wayfair employees plan walkout over $200K furniture order to immigration detention facility

ducks
06-25-2019, 11:56 PM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/wayfair-employees-walkout-immigration-center-furniture-sale

Did this people have beds in country where the are legal?
Did these people have beds on way to USA ?
Do these people that work there want the illegals to sleep in unsafe beds by other companies ?

Blake
06-25-2019, 11:58 PM
Why do you struggle so mightily with the English language here?

Winehole23
06-26-2019, 12:22 AM
the product of work alienates to the owner according to the prevailing economic custom. uniforms for security guards, for example, you should be so lucky to have a paycheck at all rather than be left to starve, zip it if you don't like it.

HEY WHERE ARE U GOING?

Spurtacular
06-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Fire them.

Winehole23
06-26-2019, 12:41 AM
Fire them.at will employment, owner's prerogative to suspend employment in many states -- I know it is in Texas -- is a guild/labor union involved here?

Chucho
06-26-2019, 02:58 AM
The migrants would rather have the products from Wayfair than Wayfair employee protests and sympathies.

spurraider21
06-26-2019, 04:18 AM
The migrants would rather have the products from Wayfair than Wayfair employee protests and sympathies.
true. i dont think it just amounts to "sympathy"... probably more like disgust at the entire construct, not specifically on the lack of beds, and an unwillingness to contribute to the continuation of such policy

but ultimately same effect, and your point is valid

Chucho
06-26-2019, 09:04 AM
true. i dont think it just amounts to "sympathy"... probably more like disgust at the entire construct, not specifically on the lack of beds, and an unwillingness to contribute to the continuation of such policy

but ultimately same effect, and your point is valid

FB likes and social media grandstanding probably weighs more heavily on their hearts than the actual hearts of the migrants they want to protest for. Social consciousness is en vogue, the level of altruism vs. "Look at me. I'm a good person" among these people more than likely weighs heaviest towards the latter.

boutons_deux
06-26-2019, 09:11 AM
Wayfair could donate the stuff, and claim a tax write off.

Not sure CBP would accept it, as it's refusing donated personal care products.

Trash/Repug Senate will kill the Dem House's $4.5B border finance bill, and their own won't be ready for weeks? Then the $Bs have to flow through bureaucratic procurement obstacle courses. Maybe by the end of the year ... Maybe not even this Congressional session.

benefactor
06-26-2019, 09:15 AM
Why do you struggle so mightily with the English language here?
He didn't used to post like that. Consensus seems to be he might have had a stroke

pgardn
06-26-2019, 09:31 AM
He didn't used to post like that. Consensus seems to be he might have had a stroke

I think hes turning Japanese.
I really think so.

MultiTroll
06-26-2019, 09:33 AM
The beds are intended for migrants or for BP staff?

Confused as to why the Wayfairers are bitching.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2019, 09:40 AM
That's smart. They can get those kids in the concentration camps to put them together. Wayfairs kits are shittier than Ikeas.

Spurminator
06-26-2019, 10:08 AM

Yep. This is a misguided protest that assumes a supply of furniture (and even basic needs) is required to keep the camps running.

Like, do they think the camps are just going to shut down if enough suppliers refuse to offer furnishings? The bar is currently set at "children sleeping on concrete."

ducks
06-26-2019, 10:46 AM
They sleep on the ground where they are from legally
USA should charge each country where they are from for the luxury items they are getting

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 01:12 PM
lol at the outrage of kids sleeping on concrete in cages but lmao at a bunch of stupid fucks protesting against allowing those caged kids to sleep on beds.

i'm outraged we're spending more tax $ on the illegals. fuck it, here's a box to sleep in out side in a caged area; this is the freedom you sought right? just like prisons, make it less attractive; fuck tvs, fuck beds, fuck all health necessities, etc!

Blake
06-28-2019, 10:23 AM
:lol "outraged"

Shut up druggy

Winehole23
06-28-2019, 10:31 AM
They sleep on the ground where they are from legally
USA should charge each country where they are from for the luxury items they are gettingWe should send them a bill for holding them in concentration camps.

#FreeShitIsn'tFree

Blake
06-28-2019, 10:48 AM
We should send them a bill for holding them in concentration camps.

#FreeShitIsn'tFree

Exactly. Make Mexico pay for the camps.

CosmicCowboy
06-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Just curious...can't they leave the concentration camps by just walking back across the border?

koriwhat
06-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Just curious...can't they leave the concentration camps by just walking back across the border?

yep. logic isn't an attribute of the left.

koriwhat
06-29-2019, 12:37 PM
:lol "outraged"

Shut up druggy

whatever psycho zoloft druggy cuckBlake

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Just curious...can't they leave the concentration camps by just walking back across the border?Sure, the children being held apart from their parents in Grand Rapids could just walk the 1600 miles to Matamoros.

Easy peasy.

koriwhat
06-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Sure, the children being held apart from their handlers in Grand Rapids could just be bussed back to the south border and walk their asses back to Matamoros.

Easy peasy.

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 01:09 PM
:lol moar conspiracies

DMC
06-29-2019, 02:08 PM
the product of work alienates to the owner according to the prevailing economic custom. uniforms for security guards, for example, you should be so lucky to have a paycheck at all rather than be left to starve, zip it if you don't like it.

HEY WHERE ARE U GOING?

Owner? That's racist

AaronY
06-29-2019, 03:47 PM
Really? That's sad if true no trolling

benefactor
06-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Really? That's sad if true no trolling
Someone bumped one of his threads form like 12-13 years ago in the NBA forum and he was posting just fine in complete sentences. Now he can't even get his thoughts out straight or spell half his words correctly. He's been silent about it and understandably so, but something definitely happened to him from a cognitive standpoint.

Winehole23
06-29-2019, 07:20 PM
Owner? That's racistDepends on the pay, no?

ducks
06-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Sure, the children being held apart from their parents in Grand Rapids could just walk the 1600 miles to Matamoros.

Easy peasy.

They walked here to begin with dumbass

Spurminator
06-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Someone bumped one of his threads form like 12-13 years ago in the NBA forum and he was posting just fine in complete sentences. Now he can't even get his thoughts out straight or spell half his words correctly. He's been silent about it and understandably so, but something definitely happened to him from a cognitive standpoint.

ducks has never been super articulate, maybe that was a copy/paste thread. I mean, this was ducks in 2005:

did not manu the game before miss 4 free throws
I know at one time manu was 4-8 not against the jazz but the other game

I forget the quote but someone had a brilliant ducks-ism that was so spot-on, people thought he actually said it. "if pop then" something or other.

spurraider21
06-30-2019, 08:11 PM
ducks randomly copy/pastes posts too, not just when he links article and tweets and stuff. one time i was suspicious when he posted a coherent sentence in the middle of a game thread, so i looked it up and he pulled it from the comment section of realgm or some other forum :lol... and i mean this was literally a live game thread comment

Pavlov
06-30-2019, 08:31 PM
They walked here to begin with dumbassTo Michigan?

Chucho
07-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Depends on the pay, no?

Only the corporate rich are bad. The overly entitled, false idols they create and pay exorbitant salaries to are the good rich. They can sopabox and tell the regular schmucks how to live and how to think and feel... and how the men who take all the risk, create the audience and opportunity to beget so many worshipped athletes and celebrities, how they should spend their money. It makes so much sense!

Blake
07-04-2019, 02:55 PM
To Michigan?

:lol