PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Not Seeking to sign Nikola Milutinov

MoSpur02
06-26-2019, 07:54 AM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/report-spurs-are-not-seeking-to-sign-nikola-milutinov-in-summer

BWS-1994
06-26-2019, 07:57 AM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/report-spurs-are-not-seeking-to-sign-nikola-milutinov-in-summer

Is he a free agent?

Slot is open for Eubanks, Robinson I guess.

bluebellmaniac
06-26-2019, 07:57 AM
I was really hoping to see him this year.

sasaint
06-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Music to the ears of Eubanks, Metu and Samanic.

GusT15
06-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Music to the ears of Eubanks, Metu and Samanic.

The only "music" Metu's ears should be listening to is the ball bouncing against the hardwood as he trains constantly to make an actual NBA player out of himself tbh

Milutinov was the least of his concerns.

lmbebo
06-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Might be too expensive or redundant with Poetl ?

duncan2150
06-26-2019, 08:13 AM
I hope we go with a good big : vonley, Holmes, robin Lopez ...

SpurSpike
06-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Eubanks kinda came out of nowhere last year and seemed pretty decent, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bigger role this year.

sananspursfan21
06-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Interesting. Let’s hope this free agency plan is golden.

Twisted_Dawg
06-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Which begs the question.....why did we waste a #1 draft pick on him?

duncan2150
06-26-2019, 08:20 AM

In order to have the money for aldridge

Raven
06-26-2019, 08:24 AM

because we wiffed a pick. Nothing wrong with wiffing a late first rounder while not investing time in developing him

K...
06-26-2019, 08:38 AM
He's a good player, but not a good fit and too expensive for the role (3rd big). Drafted before poetle, became too good to sign cheaply. Not really a wiff of a pick.

cjw
06-26-2019, 08:45 AM
This, though could have also dealt the first for a future first rounder. Every dollar mattered.

because we wiffed a pick. Nothing wrong with wiffing a late first rounder while not investing time in developing him
This too

He could be Poeltl insurance next offseason should Poeltl get a stupid offer sheet too. They’ve batted three out of four on first rounders over the past four years, and four out of five if you include Kyle. Before that it was barren for a while, though CoJo was decent and so was Hill (and the guy they traded him for). Not bad compared to most teams considering how late they were drafting.

RiverwalkParade
06-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Trade him. Has to have some value right?

Trueblood
06-26-2019, 08:57 AM
He's a good player, but not a good fit and too expensive for the role (3rd big). Drafted before poetle, became too good to sign cheaply. Not really a wiff of a pick.

This.

cd021
06-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Spurs wasted a 1st on a player who was willing to be stashed, in order to save $1.4 million to sign Aldridge. At least that stopped draft and stashes from happening since.

DPG21920
06-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Not too terribly surprising. C with LMA/Poeltl/Eubanks is just not a pressing need at the moment. I wouldn’t be mad if they used the MLE for Milu but it’s not priority 1 imo.

Mugen
06-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Fine with me, means they don't have to waste some of the MLE on C. But hopefully they bring him over once LMA is gone or they can package him in a trade and not just waste an asset, assuming they haven't pissed off Nikola too much by this point.

duncan2150
06-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Fine with me, means they don't have to waste some of the MLE on C. But hopefully they bring him over once LMA is gone or they can package him in a trade and not just waste an asset, assuming they haven't pissed off Nikola too much by this point.

Imo they could spend a part of the MLE for a PF/C, the team needs another inside guy. So i will not be surprised to have it with the MLE ( part of it).

The roster looks full of guards and if we signs rudy gay we'll have derozan beli gay bertans samanic for the SF/PF Spots and also Metu. Barring a cut or a trade i see the last roster spot for a PF OR C.

ZeusWillJudge
06-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I was using Basketball-Reference's team salary page, and it shows Metu as not having any guarantee this year. So I thought the Spurs had an extra roster spot. But Metu is guaranteed for the whole 19-20 season, and they already have 14 spots accounted for.

I also heard yesterday that Milutinov's agent is saying it's a full MLE 3-year deal or nothing, and the Spurs aren't playing. I know at one point he really wanted to play in the NBA. But he may be another one who got his panties twisted because the Spurs didn't treat him the way he wanted. In a way I don't blame him. Pau's dead money from the buyout will count almost as much against this year's cap as what Milutinov would get with the full MLE.

I hope this means draft and stash is dead. Hell, trade the pick to somebody for a future pick.

GusT15
06-26-2019, 09:50 AM
I know timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) did a lot of work on his free agent post, but to me, this is an early indicator that the Spurs are going to sign Trevor Ariza.
I don't know why he didn't include him in his "free agent" Post.
Maybe he doesn't like his game, he doesn't like lakers, doesn't like Rockets, but Trevor Fits all of the Pop TOSB criteria.

Trevor Ariza-2019 Free Agent

1. OLD AS FUCK
2. D-Fence is his Rep
3. Played well against the Spurs
4. He fits the "Culture"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwolkenbrod/2019/06/25/san-antonio-spurs-nba-free-agency-trevor-ariza/#4287c6071317

To me, the only variable in the equation is not money or whether not the Spurs would take him, it if Trevor is Ring Chasing because he'd be insane to consider the Spurs a title contender.

Ariza has a ring as a starting 3&D role player on the 09 Lakers.Ring chasers ring chase when they haven't won shit in their careers.

GusT15
06-26-2019, 09:58 AM
https://i1.wp.com/the-barnburner.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/robert-horry.jpg?fit=640%2C360&ssl=1

LOL love Myopic Spur Fan and Spurstalk doofas

You think Horry was ring chasing?

As in D.West,TMac,P.Gasol ring chasing?

Man,i just thought you were a troll.I just realized you are a complete moron regarding basketball.

Chinook
06-26-2019, 10:04 AM

This, though could have also dealt the first for a future first rounder. Every dollar mattered.

No. Let's be clear here: stashing Miluntinov did not give them any more money to sign guys. LMA's max slot, Leonard's and Green's cap holds and Manu's room exception slot. That math was whatever it was no matter the scenario. Insofar as there was any, the fluidity came from the decision to trade Splitter instead of Diaw and Tim's contract. Once the Spurs decided to go with a Splitter trade, there wasn't any excuse for stashing a pick, because Tim was willing to leave enough on the table to sign Boban. Marjanovic's deal took a larger slice of cap space than the pick would have.

None of this is hindsight. I and other posters here went over the math extensively surrounding that summer. The only thing we didn't know was Tim's number. Now that we know that, we know it never made any sense to not just draft someone who'd've been in the US right away (like Harrell). You can go so far as to argue that that oversight directly led to the team getting screwed in the DeRozan trade, because they would not have valued Poeltl so highly had they already had a promising young big on their roster.

Chinook
06-26-2019, 10:06 AM
You think Horry was ring chasing?

As in D.West,TMac,P.Gasol ring chasing?

Man,i just thought you were a troll.I just realized you are a complete moron regarding basketball.

You undercut your whole argument by listing Pau here. Dude already one two rings as a key piece (more key than Ariza for damned sure). You can chase rings no matter how many you've won.

GusT15
06-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Nobody is going to back you up

lol, doofas

Robert Horry played 16 years in the NBA.

For the whole 16 years of his career he was part of Houston (4 years),Lakers (7 years),Spurs (5 years).

So,he was part of 3 contending teams for the championship for multiple years.

A ring chaser is a player who has never won anything,is nearing the end of his career and wants a team he can leech a ring off.He joins a team he was never a part of and hopes for the best.

A doofus is a dude who has no idea what he is talking about but presents his opinion as knowledgeable.

So i wouldn't necessarily say you're a doofus.I'd say you're a troll or an idiotic moron.Which one is it?

GusT15
06-26-2019, 10:10 AM
You undercut your whole argument by listing Pau here. Dude already one two rings as a key piece (more key than Ariza for damned sure). You can chase rings no matter how many you've won.

Pssst,Chinook,i meant Pau on this years Bucks.Not when he joined the Spurs.

BackHome
06-26-2019, 10:11 AM

My only issue is why did we not use him in a trade to move up in the draft he is a very good player and teams still need at least one good traditional center.

Seventyniner
06-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Not too terribly surprising. C with LMA/Poeltl/Eubanks is just not a pressing need at the moment. I wouldn’t be mad if they used the MLE for Milu but it’s not priority 1 imo.

I think this means that the Spurs are trying to use the full MLE on one player. Even if Milutinov would have taken only part of it, there would be little reason to use the rest because it isn't worth clogging the rotation more with a ~$4M player.

Milutinov is always in the team's back pocket in case Poeltl gets a big offer or demands more than the Spurs are willing to pay. That decision comes next summer, right?

GusT15
06-26-2019, 10:20 AM
https://hightimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/John-Salley-Food-Heals-podcast.jpg

Ring chasing is the Hill GusT15 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50969) is dying on Chinook (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557)

Do i really have to point at the exception that proves the rule?

For every Salley there are 10 players that follow the rule.

For example,Shaq was ring chasing.He is the exception.Not the rule.

Horry was not ring chasing.

And Ariza has not ring chased.YET.

If anything,he seems to care about $$$ nowadays.

timvp
06-26-2019, 10:20 AM

That's the tweet the report is based on.

I don't see how that is any sort of evidence. The Spurs don't have to contact Olympiacos about signing Milutinov. In fact, I'm not even sure they're allowed to right now. Olympiacos would only get involved late in the process after contract discussions were underway with Milutinov. If Milutinov has a clear and inexpensive buyout, the Spurs might not have to contact them at all.

In the big picture, I don't really see the value of bringing over Milutinov. I haven't finished watching him this season but from I've seen, the only thing he might do conclusively better than Poeltl is shoot free throws and do better work on the defensive glass. Otherwise, Poeltl is more mobile, a better offensive rebounder, a better passer, better hands, better perimeter defender, etc. Spending $4-5 million on Milutinov to be a third center isn't the wisest use of money, IMO.

GusT15
06-26-2019, 10:24 AM

I don't see how that is any sort of evidence. The Spurs don't have to contact Olympiacos about signing Milutinov. In fact, I'm not even sure they're allowed to right now. Olympiacos would only get involved late in the process after contract discussions were underway with Milutinov. If Milutinov has a clear and inexpensive buyout, the Spurs might not have to contact them at all.

In the big picture, I don't really see the value of bringing over Milutinov. I haven't finished watching him this season but from I've seen, the only thing he might do conclusively better than Poeltl is shoot free throws and do better work on the defensive glass. Otherwise, Poeltl is more mobile, a better offensive rebounder, a better passer, better hands, better perimeter defender, etc. Spending $4-5 million on Milutinov to be a third center isn't the wisest use of money, IMO.

His buyout was definitely 900k last summer.I think it's at 1.5M right now after the new contract.

ZeusWillJudge
06-26-2019, 11:09 AM

I posted part of this above, and I know rumors are worth what you pay for them. I've got a couple of friends who are Euro fanatics, and both had insisted that Milutinov really wanted to come over last year. I passed a couple of emails with one of them yesterday, and he said that the word is that Milutinov's agent is insisting on a full-MLE deal for three years. Sounded like they were a little bent out of shape that the Spurs didn't bring him over last season. All I can say is that he is one of those guys that everyone loves, and he throws epic parties that lots of different people come to. Doesn't mean the rumor is true, but he probably heard it from someone connected. And it fits.

His current contract was signed in 2017. The Spurs could have signed him cheap that summer, instead of giving 3/$48M to Pau. But at that point, he was the third option off the bench for Olympiacos. I don't blame them for not bring him over then. But last year his buyout was pretty cheap, and he'd had a pretty good year.

If there's any truth to it, the full MLE is steep. But three years guaranteed, when the Spurs are looking at finally having some cap freedom next year, is a bridge too far.

His buyout was definitely 900k last summer.I think it's at 1.5M right now after the new contract.

I think the numbers are right. The contract was signed in 2017, and had buyout clauses for 18-19 and 19-20. Pretty sure the buyout amounts were determined at the time of the contract.

MarCowMar
06-26-2019, 11:10 AM

I got the impression that draft night that he was far from our top option at the spot and that we had no takers for trading out of the pick at better value.

A lot of times you can tell RC and Pop are pretty happy with what they got, as they'll drop some sort of hint in interviews that they had the player ranked higher, or run up and grab the player like they did w/Blair.

With White, Murray, Hill, Anderson, I can recall them mentioning they had the player higher than where he was picked.

Unless the NBA changes their rules it doesn't make much sense to bring Milutinov over. I do wish they would consider doing something to make big guys desirable again. Something is really missing from the game when they can't be on the court any more. The league is wasting Boban's prime.

pad300
06-26-2019, 11:13 AM
If they weren't going to sign him, they probably should have tried to move him for a 2nd or 2 on draft night..

rjv
06-26-2019, 11:31 AM

FkLA
06-26-2019, 12:07 PM
Good. Hopefully it means the full MLE goes to a combo forward and more small ball with LMA at center.

SAGirl
06-26-2019, 12:14 PM
No. Let's be clear here: stashing Miluntinov did not give them any more money to sign guys. LMA's max slot, Leonard's and Green's cap holds and Manu's room exception slot. That math was whatever it was no matter the scenario. Insofar as there was any, the fluidity came from the decision to trade Splitter instead of Diaw and Tim's contract. Once the Spurs decided to go with a Splitter trade, there wasn't any excuse for stashing a pick, because Tim was willing to leave enough on the table to sign Boban. Marjanovic's deal took a larger slice of cap space than the pick would have.

None of this is hindsight. I and other posters here went over the math extensively surrounding that summer. The only thing we didn't know was Tim's number. Now that we know that, we know it never made any sense to not just draft someone who'd've been in the US right away (like Harrell). You can go so far as to argue that that oversight directly led to the team getting screwed in the DeRozan trade, because they would not have valued Poeltl so highly had they already had a promising young big on their roster.
Plus overpaying for Pau, resigning him when they didn’t have any other big aside from LMA that could play center, it would have prevented experiments like Joffrey Lauvergne and they never were going to be able to pay to keep Boban (there was even some discussion about that at the time)... I just don’t understand what their rationale was with Milutinov at any point.

edit: would have prevented some turd towers combinations perhaps, just as well.

Mugen
06-26-2019, 12:16 PM
I was fine with Eubanks being the 3rd string C last season and I'm still good with it this year. They can always pick up somebody like Montejunas off the scrap heap if LMA or Jakob goes down.

SAGirl
06-26-2019, 12:20 PM
I think this means that the Spurs are trying to use the full MLE on one player. Even if Milutinov would have taken only part of it, there would be little reason to use the rest because it isn't worth clogging the rotation more with a ~$4M player.

Milutinov is always in the team's back pocket in case Poeltl gets a big offer or demands more than the Spurs are willing to pay. That decision comes next summer, right?
I think you are right.

JeffDuncan
06-26-2019, 12:24 PM
We do not want him in a hat,
We do not want him with a cat;

We do not want him on a lake,
We do not want him in a cake;

We do not want him eating peas,
We do not want him shooting 3s;

We do not want him with a wrench,
We do not want him on the bench;

We do not want his pick and roll,
We do not want him near the goal;

We do not want him at the door,
We do not want him any more;

We do not want him on the court,
We do not want him in the sport;

We do not want him with the ball,
We do not want him here at all.

duncan2150
06-26-2019, 12:28 PM
I was fine with Eubanks being the 3rd string C last season and I'm still good with it this year. They can always pick up somebody like Montejunas off the scrap heap if LMA or Jakob goes down.

You don’t think we need a real pf/c ? A good one, better than Eubanks.

Imo we need one, gay or Bertans will be in trouble, especially the second, against big PF.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Euro big turns out to be a bust. Another Draft and stash fail for drunkford.

Keepin' it real
06-26-2019, 01:49 PM

I think you are right.

Then they should bring him over this year so he can get NBA experience. Do you really think if Poetl leaves that Malotov would get any playing time as an NBA newbie?? Hell no.

Drom John
06-26-2019, 02:06 PM
I believe the Spurs get the Standard MLE.
So, $9,246,000ish yearly for three years.
Fourth highest paid Spur, fifth if Gay signs.

timtonymanu
06-26-2019, 02:59 PM

or Pau Gasol

Tyrone Jenkins
06-26-2019, 03:04 PM
I will never understand the continued obsession w/ slower Euro bigs who are decent offensive players but defensive liabilities on a team that saw the likes of Gasol, Bertans, Bellinelli and others blow right by them or not step out on the pick and roll and watch opposing PGs shoot 3s on them.

K...
06-26-2019, 03:50 PM
I will never understand the continued obsession w/ slower Euro bigs who are decent offensive players but defensive liabilities on a team that saw the likes of Gasol, Bertans, Bellinelli and others blow right by them or not step out on the pick and roll and watch opposing PGs shoot 3s on them.

How long have you been alive? Gasol had good day and was a hall of fame lock, you forgot splitter the golden God, belli is no big, gobert is a monster, zaza altered history, gortat, mozgov etc.... We just got eliminated by jokic!

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Eubanks kinda came out of nowhere last year and seemed pretty decent, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bigger role this year.

BackHome
06-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Yeah people are saying the Center position is dead yet the two teams battling for a ring both had big centers that impacted the game.

BackHome
06-26-2019, 03:58 PM
You don’t think we need a real pf/c ? A good one, better than Eubanks.

Imo we need one, gay or Bertans will be in trouble, especially the second, against big PF.

Yeah Denver bigs killed both Gay and Bertans it was embarrassing to be honest.

spurraider21
06-26-2019, 04:01 PM
first round pick who might never see the floor in a spurs uni. that's a whiff of a pick

he might be wilt chamberlain 2.0 and be the greatest basketball player in the galaxy. if he doesnt do shit to help the spurs win, it was a botched pick

it's not that i think using cap space on him this offseason would even be the best move... but it calls into question the draft and stash routine when the team really needed talent that could help right away. if we wanted a center at the time, the bigs taken following milutinov were kevon looney, montrezl harrell, willy hernangomez.

TimDunkem
06-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Yeah people are saying the Center position is dead yet the two teams battling for a ring both had big centers that impacted the game.

Unfortunately, our bigs can't shoot, and our only specialist at the position can't do anything else very well.

spurraider21
06-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Yeah Denver bigs killed both Gay and Bertans it was embarrassing to be honest.
not really. it was millsap who was eating their lunch. jokic was going up against poodle and LMA

slick'81
06-26-2019, 04:16 PM
Was kinda hoping we werent using part of that mle on him anyway

TD 21
06-26-2019, 04:23 PM
What a waste of a pick. I realize you're not going to nail them all, especially picking in the late 20s like they generally have, but to literally get nothing (not even 2 seasons of underwhelming development/play before you cut the cord) out of '13 and for what will be at least 5 years and counting, '15, is ridiculous.

Even if the selection was motivated by a need to save money for Aldridge, they could have traded it for 2 early 2nds, possibly a future 1st, etc. To essentially throw it in the garbage with an outdated archetype that they've never seemed particularly high on, is asinine.

kobyz
06-26-2019, 06:54 PM
I think Milutinov staying in Europe for years, until he's like 40 and then one day come to the Spurs and demand to sign his rookie contract!

Uriel
06-26-2019, 09:10 PM
I disagree that this is a wasted pick. Milutinov has emerged as one of the best centers in Europe. He'll be a very useful trade asset.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2019, 10:59 PM
lol is that Greek retard who used to post here their source?

kobyz
06-27-2019, 05:00 AM
We should try trade him to Vlada and the Kings...

GusT15
06-27-2019, 05:26 AM

:lol
Nah,the source is an actual Greek Basketball Journalist

(He is a Laker fan tho :downspin:)

tmtcsc
06-27-2019, 01:17 PM
The only "music" Metu's ears should be listening to is the ball bouncing against the hardwood as he trains constantly to make an actual NBA player out of himself tbh

Milutinov was the least of his concerns.

EXACTLY. Metu offered very little at the NBA level. He's weak and undersized. Chinese League fodder unfortunately.

phxspurfan
06-27-2019, 01:40 PM
Who tf is Nicola Muffinov

Uriel
06-30-2019, 09:55 PM
So we still have about 3M from the MLE. Is that enough to bring him over?

stxspurs
07-01-2019, 08:06 AM

Killbillpana?

Ocotillo
07-01-2019, 08:16 AM
I said in another thread, we should just ship him to a team that will take his rights for a future second round pick. I would prefer it to be a team that is likely to be in the lottery next year but it appears he is not coming here and since that is the case, he will likely sign a longer term deal over there and we ultimately will get nothing for him.

The guy is more in the old school mold of centers but he appears to be able to play in the NBA and that should be worth at least a second rounder.

exstatic
07-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I was using Basketball-Reference's team salary page, and it shows Metu as not having any guarantee this year. So I thought the Spurs had an extra roster spot. But Metu is guaranteed for the whole 19-20 season, and they already have 14 spots accounted for.

I also heard yesterday that Milutinov's agent is saying it's a full MLE 3-year deal or nothing, and the Spurs aren't playing. I know at one point he really wanted to play in the NBA. But he may be another one who got his panties twisted because the Spurs didn't treat him the way he wanted. In a way I don't blame him. Pau's dead money from the buyout will count almost as much against this year's cap as what Milutinov would get with the full MLE.

I hope this means draft and stash is dead. Hell, trade the pick to somebody for a future pick.

As I understand it, Pau's dead money from this year is ~$5M. That's not even close to MLE money.

exstatic
07-01-2019, 09:50 AM
What a waste of a pick. I realize you're not going to nail them all, especially picking in the late 20s like they generally have, but to literally get nothing (not even 2 seasons of underwhelming development/play before you cut the cord) out of '13 and for what will be at least 5 years and counting, '15, is ridiculous.

Even if the selection was motivated by a need to save money for Aldridge, they could have traded it for 2 early 2nds, possibly a future 1st, etc. To essentially throw it in the garbage with an outdated archetype that they've never seemed particularly high on, is asinine.

It wasn't outdated when they made the pick. The NBA changed the rules on fighting over picks, essentially mandating a switch for every PnR, AFTER we picked Mulitinov. Sometimes, you're going to get nothing. Best if that happens at 29. Look up the history of the #2 overall picks in the NBA draft, and get back to me. You say that you realize that they're not going to nail them all, and then proceed to whine for the rest of your post about one missed pick in basically the last decade.

vander
07-01-2019, 10:02 AM
I said in another thread, we should just ship him to a team that will take his rights for a future second round pick. I would prefer it to be a team that is likely to be in the lottery next year but it appears he is not coming here and since that is the case, he will likely sign a longer term deal over there and we ultimately will get nothing for him.

The guy is more in the old school mold of centers but he appears to be able to play in the NBA and that should be worth at least a second rounder.

Yeah. Spurs, as a small market team that can't attract star free agents, need to get value for everyone that leaves, need to pick up extra draft picks whenever they can.

Can't have Derozen just walk away in one or two years either, gotta get pick(s)

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 10:02 AM
this sucks cause Milutinov is 10X better than Jakob.

Ice009
07-01-2019, 10:11 AM

Darn, is he actually a pretty decent player?

GusT15
07-01-2019, 10:14 AM

Here's the thing,he has looked 10X better than Poeltl at times,hell,there were games that he looked like Rudy Gobert.

But he has only looked that way in Euroleague... So we can't really say that he's actually 10X better than Poodle.
The competition level is 10x worse.
(That's why most people are saying they're practically the same player)

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Here's the thing,he has looked 10X better than Poeltl at times,hell,there were games that he looked like Rudy Gobert.

But he has only looked that way in Euroleague... So we can't really say that he's actually 10X better than Poodle.
The competition level is 10x worse.
(That's why most people are saying they're practically the same player)

yea the competition sucs so much that Doncic played much better in the NBA.

also, Milutinov and Jakob are not nearly the same player. Poltl is a static big that moves like shit, while Milutinov is a n athletic big that moves like Tyson Chandler.

in the worst case scenario Milutinov would be a Thiago.

GusT15
07-01-2019, 10:24 AM

alaso, Milutinov and Jakob are not nearly the same player. Poeltl is a static big that moves like shit, while Milutinov is athletic big that moves like Tyson Chandler.

Yes,the competition on the frontcourt really is THAT bad in Euroleague.It's so bad that dudes that couldn't guard the 3 in the NBA are playing Center.

And again,Milutinov looks that athletic and like Tyson Chandler in Europe.Rim protection,rebounding,finishing at the rim in Euroleague is NOT how it's in the NBA.

You may bring Milutinov over and get devastated as he looks exactly like a static big that moves like shit.But then you would've paid him 3/21 and you would be stuck with him.

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Darn, is he actually a pretty decent player?

yea, he was probably the best big in the Euroleague this season. And had the second best PER in the wjole league.

Drom John
07-01-2019, 10:31 AM
yea, he was probably the best big in the Euroleague this season. And had the second best PER in the wjole league.

Hmm, the 4th best "Value" was Vincent Poirier.

EuroLeague 2018-19 individual rankings
Playoffs

#1 in Defensive Rebounds (23)
#1 in Offensive Rebounds (17)
#1 in Total Rebounds (40)
#1 in Index Rating (111)
#2 in 2-pointers attempted (33)
#2 in 2-pointers made (26)
#3 in True Shooting % (79.5%)
#3 in Field goals made (26)
#3 in Field goal % (78.8%)
#3 in Free throws made (14)
#3 in Points (66)
#4 in Steals (7)
#5 in Blocks (3)
#5 in 2-point % (78.8%)
#5 in Free throws attempted (17)
#7 in Fouls Drawn (18)
#9 in Turnovers (8)
#10 in Minutes Played (106:58)
#13 in Field goals attempted (33)
#17 in Games Played (4)
#20 in Free throw % (82.4%)
#21 in Fouls Commited (10)

Regular Season

#1 in Games Played (30)
#1 in Offensive Rebounds (100)
#1 in Total Rebounds (242)
#2 in 2-pointers made (143)
#3 in Defensive Rebounds (142)
#3 in 2-pointers attempted (241)
#6 in Index Rating (491)
#7 in Blocks (25)
#7 in Field goals made (143)
#8 in Fouls Commited (79)
#9 in Minutes Played (764:45)
#14 in Points (340)
#19 in True Shooting % (60.9%)
#21 in Games Started (25)
#22 in Field goal % (59.3%)
#23 in Field goals attempted (241)
#23 in Free throws attempted (76)

Drom John
07-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Whoops, wrong Poirier. We have Darel.

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Whoops, wrong Poirier. We have Darel.

the wrong Poirier was a beast during the playoffs in 4 games. Milutinov's team didn't make it there. Anyway, both of this guys are better than Poltl.

exstatic
07-01-2019, 11:25 AM

No, he's not. He's nowhere near the NBA caliber player that Jakob is.

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 11:27 AM
No, he's not. He's nowhere near the NBA caliber player that Jakob is.

yea he's nowher near, cause Jakob is way below him.

exstatic
07-01-2019, 11:36 AM
yea he's nowher near, cause Jakob is way below him.

Nope. Mulitinov would get played off the floor with constant PnR switches. Hell, it happened to Capela in the playoffs. Mulitinov's a classic big, but is FAR more suited to the physical euro game than the run and gun NBA game.

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Nope. Mulitinov would get played off the floor with constant PnR switches. Hell, it happened to Capela in the playoffs. Mulitinov's a classic big, but is FAR more suited to the physical euro game than the run and gun NBA game.

and you see Poltl as capable of those things. The guy is slower than Milutinov.

Gordy58
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM

also, Milutinov and Jakob are not nearly the same player. Poltl is a static big that moves like shit, while Milutinov is a n athletic big that moves like Tyson Chandler.

in the worst case scenario Milutinov would be a Thiago.
what are you talking about lmao Jakob is actually pretty athletic he moves well to the rim

exstatic
07-01-2019, 11:49 AM
and you see Poltl as capable of those things. The guy is slower than Milutinov.

No he's not! Do you even watch games? Poeltl can do a credible job on switches.

ZeusWillJudge
07-01-2019, 02:26 PM
As I understand it, Pau's dead money from this year is ~$5M. That's not even close to MLE money.

The point was that the Spurs paid the corpse of Pau Gasol $16M per year. This year they're paying the ghost of Pau Gasol $5M for not playing here. So it makes some sense that Milutinov would get insulted about signing for less than the full MLE. "If you'll pay Pau $5M to go away, you ought to at least pay me more than that to actually play."

Did you ever try to point something out to a dog? They always look at the finger instead.

GreekSpursfan
07-01-2019, 02:39 PM

He's not, he might even be worse actually, trust me i have watched him about 100 times. When it mattered he was mediocre to bad. He will be in over his head in the NBA, i wouldn't bring him either, i would trade him though.

kobyz
07-01-2019, 02:43 PM
his team also had the most catastrophic season in the team history!

exstatic
07-01-2019, 02:49 PM
The point was that the Spurs paid the corpse of Pau Gasol $16M per year. This year they're paying the ghost of Pau Gasol $5M for not playing here. So it makes some sense that Milutinov would get insulted about signing for less than the full MLE. "If you'll pay Pau $5M to go away, you ought to at least pay me more than that to actually play."

Did you ever try to point something out to a dog? They always look at the finger instead.

Woof!

ZeusWillJudge
07-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Woof!

LOL. The comment I made was harsh. You made me laugh.

Chinook
07-01-2019, 03:02 PM

Dogs totally understand pointing. If they're looking at your finger, it's because they don't realize/believe you're trying to help them.

John B
07-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Forget Milutinov, Kanter and Holmes went 10 mil/ 2 years. Isn’t PATFO bringing a big guy to back Poeltl?