ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 11:56 AM
It's safe to say KJ is better than DD at

Defense
3pt shooting
Athleticism
Younger
Not emo

All im asking is why does everyone ride DD's nuts like he's a good player? Not even a good 2 way player. More like a 1/2 way player since he's not even complete on offense. Trade him and give his minutes to KJ. I bet we're a better team.

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Oops I misspelled DeMar's name. ��

duncan2k5
06-26-2019, 12:00 PM

Defense
3pt shooting
Athleticism
Younger
Not emo

All im asking is why does everyone ride DD's nuts like he's a good player? Not even a good 2 way player. More like a 1/2 way player since he's not even complete on offense. Trade him and give his minutes to KJ. I bet we're a better team.

Completely agree... Easily a better team... Similar to how the Rockets immediately became better without melo

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 12:01 PM
I'm not too good with stats but weren't we a better team last year with him on the bench?

timvp
06-26-2019, 12:06 PM
DeRozan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keldon Johnson.

Come on now.

Dverde
06-26-2019, 12:07 PM
Billups’ comp for Keldon Johnson was a young Lebron James

JeffDuncan
06-26-2019, 12:33 PM

Nothing at all.

Yet.

Strategic
06-26-2019, 12:42 PM
You folks gonna run Blondie and Hagar out of bidness.

SpurSpike
06-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Your saying DDR is worse than a late 1st round unproven rookie... You really believe that?

Drom John
06-26-2019, 01:20 PM
FiveThirtyEight Carmelo projection
26th best NCAA player in the draft with a second best comp of DeRozan. The comp is based on DeRozan in college.

26 Keldon Johnson SF 20 20 3.2 M. Beasley D. DeRozan

jermaine
06-26-2019, 01:21 PM
Sometimes idk if some of you are trolling or you're really dumb AF. This dude hasnt played one game an it's being asked if he's better than a proven Demar. This can not be a serious question! This was DeMar's first season with the Spurs. What happened to everyone plays better the second season with the Spurs cuz they know the system better!?! I swear some of yal get a tingle in your pussy an say anything.

Drom John
06-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Proven DeMar > Unproven DeMar = Unproven Johnson

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2019, 02:39 PM

Defense
3pt shooting
Athleticism
Younger
Not emo

I believe you may be the emo.

To say a rookie is better than a proven all-star at anything is just stupid. The fact that St. Croix boy agrees with you is all the confirmation you should need to recognize that your post is beyond stupid, because only an idiot would agree with you.

DJR210
06-26-2019, 02:46 PM
The fact that St. Croix boy agrees with you is all the confirmation you should need to recognize that your post is beyond stupid, because only an idiot would agree with you.

:lol

TimmyBuckets
06-26-2019, 03:12 PM
OP you burped this one out

acoelho1
06-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Multiple all star selection and averaged 21 pts 6 assists & 6 rebounds last year. There is only a handful of players with those kind of numbers in the entire league and some how a player who hasn't played a minute in the league is somehow better. :pctoss

slick'81
06-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Wow just wow and hes bolded

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 05:31 PM
All I'm saying is I don't think we'll have a big drop off in production and defense if Johnson took all of Derozans minutes. Same reason why we sent Richard Jefferson packing. So young Kawhi Leonard could get them touches

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 05:32 PM
Wow just wow and hes bolded:eyebrows

BatManu20
06-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Billups’ comp for Keldon Johnson was a young Lebron James

:lol

RVSTX
06-26-2019, 06:00 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO DEMAR AND HIS 3 BALL, DUDE SHOT ALMOST 300 3'S IN LAST YEAR IN TORONTO, ONLY 45 ATTEMPTS IN SA...WHAT A DROP OFF...

GusT15
06-26-2019, 06:10 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO DEMAR AND HIS 3 BALL, DUDE SHOT ALMOST 300 3'S IN LAST YEAR IN TORONTO, ONLY 45 ATTEMPTS IN SA...WHAT A DROP OFF...

The 2018 playoffs happened.He went 0-13 in three consecutive games (0-4,0-4,0-5,the last game of the first round and the first 2 games of the ECSF vs Lebron) and he stopped shooting completely.

RVSTX
06-26-2019, 06:19 PM
The 2018 playoffs happened.He went 0-13 in three consecutive games (0-4,0-4,0-5,the last game of the first round and the first 2 games of the ECSF vs Lebron) and he stopped shooting completely.

HE JUST QUIT ON HIS 3 BALL...I HOPE HE WORKED ON IT THIS SUMMER...

BackHome
06-26-2019, 06:43 PM
Sometimes idk if some of you are trolling or you're really dumb AF. This dude hasnt played one game an it's being asked if he's better than a proven Demar. This can not be a serious question! This was DeMar's first season with the Spurs. What happened to everyone plays better the second season with the Spurs cuz they know the system better!?! I swear some of yal get a tingle in your pussy an say anything.

I am going with dumb AF.

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2019, 06:54 PM
His second season with the Spurs is not going to make him a 3-point shooter or a better Defender.

ismael-robert
06-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Mods already clarified bold means nothing...anyone can get it if u just ask

duncan2k5
06-27-2019, 08:03 AM

DeMar got worse as the season went on

duncan2k5
06-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Spurs fans of all ppl should know better... Having good stats doesn't mean ur a good player, nor does it mean ur good for a team... Duncan Parker and Ginobili never had the best stats, but they were the best at their position for most years they played... By yall logic, Melo should be on the team instead of Keldon Johnson since he is "proven"

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-27-2019, 08:43 AM

Sadly, I think alot of them just don't know the game. They play 2K or look at stats without any context and proudly state their knee jerk reactions about a team they like not living up to their expectations. It's pretty much people being overly emotional.

Big Empty
06-27-2019, 08:57 AM
Its fair to say we traded Kawhi for Keldon/DeMar/Peotle

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Defense
3pt shooting
Athleticism
Younger
Not emo

All im asking is why does everyone ride DD's nuts like he's a good player? Not even a good 2 way player. More like a 1/2 way player since he's not even complete on offense. Trade him and give his minutes to KJ. I bet we're a better team. DeRozan may not be a superstar but he is a good player. We don't know what KJ is he could be a career G leaguer for all we know.

John B
06-27-2019, 10:13 AM
Keldon has a lot of promise but that’s what it is for now.

JeffDuncan
06-27-2019, 10:20 AM
Spurs fans of all ppl should know better... Having good stats doesn't mean ur a good player, nor does it mean ur good for a team... Duncan Parker and Ginobili never had the best stats, but they were the best at their position for most years they played... By yall logic, Melo should be on the team instead of Keldon Johnson since he is "proven"

And by your logic, Bol Bol is better than Tim Duncan, because actual stats and actual achievements are meaningless.

You should know better.

itzsoweezee
06-27-2019, 10:20 AM
DeMar fans really shouldn't look at his plus-minus numbers, lol. He SUCKS

Chucho
06-27-2019, 10:29 AM
DeRozan may not be a superstar but he is a good player. We don't know what KJ is he could be a career G leaguer for all we know.

He's a god-damned bottom of the barrel 1st Rd. NBA draft choice, the equivalent of a 7th round NFL choice- essentially a warm body with little to no expectations. The Spurs drafts are pretty over rated, most of the last 20 years, our best picks were given away for nothing (Barbosa, Dragic and Scola) and the latest two successes play the same god damned position. I don't see the Lonnie Walker optimism either.

Chucho
06-27-2019, 10:32 AM
DeMar fans really shouldn't look at his plus-minus numbers, lol. He SUCKS

LOL, "advanced stats" don't mean dick. Boban Marjonovich is the most efficient player in history per "advanced stats" and no one is knocking down his door to sign him. There are a lot of low-efficiency players who fill up stat sheets that make more in a season than Boban will make on his next contract.

Genovaswitness
06-27-2019, 11:17 AM
LOL, "advanced stats" don't mean dick. Boban Marjonovich is the most efficient player in history per "advanced stats" and no one is knocking down his door to sign him. There are a lot of low-efficiency players who fill up stat sheets that make more in a season than Boban will make on his next contract.

what? +/- is one of the least advanced stats out there :dizzy

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-27-2019, 12:17 PM
He's a god-damned bottom of the barrel 1st Rd. NBA draft choice, the equivalent of a 7th round NFL choice- essentially a warm body with little to no expectations. The Spurs drafts are pretty over rated, most of the last 20 years, our best picks were given away for nothing (Barbosa, Dragic and Scola) and the latest two successes play the same god damned position. I don't see the Lonnie Walker optimism either.I don't see the walker optimism either. Wasn't even the best player on the Austin Spurs and looked horrible in the minutes he played for the Spurs. If he's as good as people on here make him out to be than he should of been a much more dominant G league player.

itzsoweezee
06-27-2019, 12:58 PM

+/- is an advanced stat? And advanced stats don't mean shit because of one outlier? Maybe sit this one out because you don't know what you're talking about, which is typical of DeMar fans

Chucho
06-27-2019, 01:05 PM
+/- is an advanced stat? And advanced stats don't mean shit because of one outlier? Maybe sit this one out because you don't know what you're talking about, which is typical of DeMar fans

+/- is a stupid stat as well. Moneyball was a fad that only got you so far. Sports aren't as complicated as people want to make them out to be, it's simple math and patterns.

I'm not a DMR fan, but he's a great player. He's a "star". Players like him have made way more money than guys that advanced stats would tell us are "better". If you're taking the side of the fence that thinks KJ>DMR, you're in no position to insult anyone.

itzsoweezee
06-27-2019, 01:30 PM
+/- is a stupid stat as well. Moneyball was a fad that only got you so far. Sports aren't as complicated as people want to make them out to be, it's simple math and patterns.

I'm not a DMR fan, but he's a great player. He's a "star". Players like him have made way more money than guys that advanced stats would tell us are "better". If you're taking the side of the fence that thinks KJ>DMR, you're in no position to insult anyone.

Amazing. Every single sentence in this diatribe is wrong.

JeffDuncan
06-27-2019, 01:46 PM
DDR played in 77 games last regular season. He was a + player in 41 games, and a - player in 33 games. (And 0 in the other three games.) In game terms, he was +7. His + games exceeded his - games by 7.

For a comparison, Mills played in all 82 games, and he was a - player 37 times, and a + 44 times. (A 0 once.) In game terms, Mills was also +7. Same as DDR. He was a + player in a game seven more times than he was a - player.

The team itself went 48 and 34. A + of 14. So to speak. Fun with numbers.

Some other players, viewed in game terms for +/-.

Name, number of + games, number of - games, number of 0 games if any.

Aldridge, 40, 37, 4. DNP 1. In game terms, LMA was +3. Not as good as DDR or Mills, in these terms.

Gay, 38, 31, 0. DNP 13. A +7.

Forbes, 39, 42, 1. Played in all 82. A -3.

Bertans, 41, 29, 6. DNP 6. A +12.

Belinelli, 41, 34, 4. DNP 3. A +7, once again.

Derrick White, 38, 28, 1. DNP 15. A +10.

How the Spurs players ranked last season in terms of "net plus games" I don't know. I haven't looked at all of them. It might turn out to be rather interesting.

As a control group, (or an out of control group,) here's a few players selected at random from other teams.

Jimmy Butler, 40, 25, 0. DNP 17. Gives a (raw) score of +15.

Anthony Davis, 33, 21, 2. DNP 26. Score of +12.

Kevin Durant, 52, 25, 1. DNP 4. Score of +27.

Kawhi Leonard, 44, 12, 4. DNP 22. Score of +32.

Giannis Antetokounmpo, 57, 14, 1. DNP 10. Score of +43.

What does it all mean? FIIK. Fuck if I know. Except, it does appear to be significant to a team's success when players have more + games than - games. Another fascinating statistical insight from Professor Obvious.

TheCerebral1
06-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Keldon, or a European Free Agent over DeMar.

slick'81
06-28-2019, 05:19 PM
He's a god-damned bottom of the barrel 1st Rd. NBA draft choice, the equivalent of a 7th round NFL choice- essentially a warm body with little to no expectations. The Spurs drafts are pretty over rated, most of the last 20 years, our best picks were given away for nothing (Barbosa, Dragic and Scola) and the latest two successes play the same god damned position. I don't see the Lonnie Walker optimism either.

Spurs are known for drafting david,sean and timmy but those were top 3 picks.Obviously they stole guys like manu and parker by being ahead of the game with exstensive oversea scouting.Obviously most teams caught up but lately spurs struck on a few late round finds in murray/white that seems to say theyre back on the right track.Thats why theres so much optimism lately in guys like kj and lonnie

offset formation
06-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Its fair to say we traded Kawhi for Keldon/DeMar/Peotle

Basically. I think we've seen DeMars max. Hopefully, we'll have 10-15 years more of Poeltl and KJ and them giving back lots of growth to make us feel better about it all.

I wonder what kind of motivation Poeltl now has given his former team just rang without him. Hopefully he's a beast next year.

Kurgan
06-28-2019, 06:17 PM
Demar is my least favorite Spur in recent memory. I hate everything about him...his Kobe-influenced style, his poor shot selection, his empty stats, his zero effort on defense, his horrible contract. But even I find this thread ridiculous. Spurs fans have a really bad tendency to overhype young unproven scrubs into future saviors. Remember James Gist? Keldon's a Kentucky hypejob that didn't have a very strong season in college despite coming in with a lot of high expectations. There's a reason why Kentucy fans have been critical of him all year. There's a reason why he fell so low in the draft. We got people calling him our small forward of the future, our next 3-and-D threat when he wasn't an amazing three point shooter and an even worse defender. Someone even compared him to Draymond(which is beyond stupid as Keldon was among the worst passing players in his position). The potential is there but he's currently nowhere near Defrozen's level unfortunately.

I'm on the same page as the posters that are concerned about the vets stealing playing time from the rookies but that shouldn't apply to Demar. Direct your anger at the no-hopers like Cunningham and Pondexter who averaged a combined 20 mpg in the regular season and provided absolutely nothing in the post-season. Those are the guys stealing minutes from the youngsters. Spurs are not averse to giving rookies playing time if they show something in the summer league. In rare cases, those with star potential like Kawhi or Parker have gotten the starting job in their rookie seasons. If Keldon is as good as the hopeful posters here think he is, he'll get playing time.

r0drig0lac
06-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Demar is my least favorite Spur in recent memory. I hate everything about him...his Kobe-influenced style, his poor shot selection, his empty stats, his zero effort on defense, his horrible contract. But even I find this thread ridiculous. Spurs fans have a really bad tendency to overhype young unproven scrubs into future saviors. Remember James Gist? Keldon's a Kentucky hypejob that didn't have a very strong season in college despite coming in with a lot of high expectations. There's a reason why Kentucy fans have been critical of him all year. There's a reason why he fell so low in the draft. We got people calling him our small forward of the future, our next 3-and-D threat when he wasn't an amazing three point shooter and an even worse defender. Someone even compared him to Draymond(which is beyond stupid as Keldon was among the worst passing players in his position). The potential is there but he's currently nowhere near Defrozen's level unfortunately.

I'm on the same page as the posters that are concerned about the vets stealing playing time from the rookies but that shouldn't apply to Demar. Direct your anger at the no-hopers like Cunningham and Pondexter who averaged a combined 20 mpg in the regular season and provided absolutely nothing in the post-season. Those are the guys stealing minutes from the youngsters. Spurs are not averse to giving rookies playing time if they show something in the summer league. In rare cases, those with star potential like Kawhi or Parker have gotten the starting job in their rookie seasons. If Keldon is as good as the hopeful posters here think he is, he'll get playing time.

agree

NASpurs
07-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Bump :wow

slick'81
07-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Bump :wow

Derozan who:cry

spurstalk123456
07-02-2019, 07:56 PM
wow!

phxspurfan
07-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Keldon tbh

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=159262&type=card

slick'81
07-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Keldon tbh

yea plus waaay cheaper

phxspurfan
07-02-2019, 08:03 PM
yea plus waaay cheaper

Not sure if srs, Keldon is up to 169.99, quite expensive

https://www.ebay.com/i/143096873216?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=143096873216&targetid=593772107693&device=c&adtype=pla&googleloc=9031924&poi=&campaignid=1689799129&adgroupid=66574332395&rlsatarget=pla-593772107693&abcId=1140466&merchantid=6579564&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgezoBRDNARIsAGzEfe477JvLlyrZDd8yF4wD dPLCKwi_TEw6VFPz_xlB2__N2XSwzIPUxTgaAg18EALw_wcB

Dennis the Menace
07-02-2019, 08:15 PM
RC said “Keldon was their top guy at his position”, well I’m starting to believe that.

ironman2886
07-02-2019, 08:25 PM
RC said “Keldon was their top guy at his position”, well I’m starting to believe that.
At #29 though? They picked Luka S. Before Keldon at #19

Dennis the Menace
07-02-2019, 08:44 PM
At #29 though? They picked Luka S. Before Keldon at #19

Thoughts seem to be that they got wind/believed Samanic would get snatched before #29 and good chance Keldon would still be available at #29. So they rolled the dice.

That’s what was floated around on Twitter by people covering the draft

KobesAchilles
07-02-2019, 08:49 PM
I’m convinced. He’s already the best #3 in Spurs history. Stephen Jackson gonna be salty as hell at KJs jersey hanging from the rafters.

phxspurfan
07-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Thoughts seem to be that they got wind/believed Samanic would get snatched before #29 and good chance Keldon would still be available at #29. So they rolled the dice.

That’s what was floated around on Twitter by people covering the draft

Sammich has been super shitty so far, but it makes sense. Lanky White Euros are en Vogue these days

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2019, 12:16 AM
The Demar hate is strong in this group if you honestly would think a 19 year old rookie is better than a multi-time all-star. Nice summer league game though. Who was the competition again? :tu

slick'81
07-03-2019, 12:44 AM
The Demar hate is strong in this group if you honestly would think a 19 year old rookie is better than a multi-time all-star. Nice summer league game though. Who was the competition again? :tu

the grizz z team

Seventyniner
07-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Keldon tbh

Naw, you need the Alpha version for KJ.