PDA

View Full Version : site offline

playblair
06-27-2019, 04:07 AM
was spurstalk sold? it says site offline coming soon & redirects to a video game site

Legacy
06-27-2019, 05:40 AM
I hope not. On ST right now..........

playblair
06-27-2019, 06:34 AM
I hope not. On ST right now..........

did you type spurstalk into search bar? i can only reach spurstalk if i open the bookmark.........if i type in spurstalk the above happens

GusT15
06-27-2019, 06:39 AM
did you type spurstalk into search bar? i can only reach spurstalk if i open the bookmark.........if i type in spurstalk the above happens

At one point in the past you typed "Spurstalk" in the address line and the site was offline.

Your browser "snapshotted" that it was offline and the automated search filler informed you about when you searched for it and it was offline.

playblair
06-27-2019, 06:48 AM
At one point in the past you typed "Spurstalk" in the address line and the site was offline.

Your browser "snapshotted" that it was offline and the automated search filler informed you about when you searched for it and it was offline.

happens on every browser/mobile & tablet as well
https://i.imgur.com/z8EGi7B.png

smaka
06-27-2019, 07:37 AM
happens on every browser/mobile & tablet as well
https://i.imgur.com/z8EGi7B.png

Sam with me. But if I click on suggested link when I start typing spurstalk in the address line, it works.

Legacy
06-27-2019, 08:52 AM

It works just fine for me either way.

timvp
06-27-2019, 09:10 AM
New homepage is being uploaded as we speak. Had to take it offline for the time being. Will be back soon. Forum shouldn't be disrupted in the meantime :tu

Mugen
06-27-2019, 09:33 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/028/015/cover3.jpg

DPG21920
06-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Thought DeRozan extension was announced tbh..

Dex
06-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Asks if SpursTalk is offline...by posting the question on SpursTalk.

Anybody else seeing the circular logic here?

bigfan
06-27-2019, 11:06 AM
its weird like I have to reenter password every time but seems to work ok once you are in

tbdog
06-27-2019, 07:26 PM
I have to re-enter my password as well. And the site then doesn't redirect back after entering your password.

DeadlyDynasty
06-27-2019, 07:51 PM
:lol

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 09:16 PM
It did something fun today. When I first went to the site, it gave me that big red banner at the top that said if I wanted to access forums I should sign up for an account and someone would get back to me soon. Then I clicked on a forum, and I was logged in as me.

timvp
06-27-2019, 09:54 PM
I have to re-enter my password as well. And the site then doesn't redirect back after entering your password.

its weird like I have to reenter password every time but seems to work ok once you are in

It did something fun today. When I first went to the site, it gave me that big red banner at the top that said if I wanted to access forums I should sign up for an account and someone would get back to me soon. Then I clicked on a forum, and I was logged in as me.

All those issues should be fixed now :tu

spurs10
06-27-2019, 09:59 PM
All those issues should be fixed now :tu :smokin

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 10:13 PM
All those issues should be fixed now :tu

Ahhh, I wasn't worried about it. You guys have run a top quality site for many years. Honestly, I don't know how you've avoided some of the issues with VBulletin problems and upgrades as well as you have. Today was just a little hiccup. I've seen those things go on for months on other sites, and it was only a few hours here. (And, yes, it's fixed now.)

SAGirl
06-27-2019, 10:24 PM
:)

ducks
06-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Site Offline
Coming soon. Meanwhile head over to our forums: http://spurstalk.com/forums/

playblair
06-28-2019, 12:44 AM
Asks if SpursTalk is offline...by posting the question on SpursTalk.

Anybody else seeing the circular logic here?

The unjustified sense of entitlement that so many millennials have sickens me, and since you guys have reached voting age, scares me to death. Millennials are about instant gratification, getting what they want when they want it and damn the consequences. You are the most irresponsible, sophomoric generation in American history. If you don’t have unfettered access to WiFi, lattes, air conditioning, cell phones and safe spaces you come unglued, have a complete meltdown and become completely incapacitated for over an hour. I have seen it with my own eyes so many times. This is what happens when you insist that everyone gets a trophy. This is what happens when you reward mediocrity. We get millennials who insist the world must change for them. Climate change? Who believes that? I bet half of you want your student debt wiped out too. Ungrateful bastards.

Legacy
06-28-2019, 01:01 AM
^^^^

https://media.giphy.com/media/fDzM81OYrNjJC/giphy.gif

Dex
06-28-2019, 02:29 AM
The unjustified sense of entitlement that so many millennials have sickens me, and since you guys have reached voting age, scares me to death. Millennials are about instant gratification, getting what they want when they want it and damn the consequences. You are the most irresponsible, sophomoric generation in American history. If you don’t have unfettered access to WiFi, lattes, air conditioning, cell phones and safe spaces you come unglued, have a complete meltdown and become completely incapacitated for over an hour. I have seen it with my own eyes so many times. This is what happens when you insist that everyone gets a trophy. This is what happens when you reward mediocrity. We get millennials who insist the world must change for them. Climate change? Who believes that? I bet half of you want your student debt wiped out too. Ungrateful bastards.

I'm not a millennial. I never had any student debt, because I paid for school myself with scholarships and hard work. And I spent today horseback riding in the Wyoming mountains, so I'm pretty cool being away from "the grid" for a while.

You are the one freaking out about a website being down for a few hours, and who doesn't seem to understand how the internet works.

spurraider21
06-28-2019, 03:26 AM
I'm not a millennial. I never had any student debt, because I paid for school myself with scholarships and hard work. And I spent today horseback riding in the Wyoming mountains, so I'm pretty cool being away from "the grid" for a while.

You are the one freaking out about a website being down for a few hours, and who doesn't seem to understand how the internet works.
its pretty clear ur not a millennial since that was an obvious copypasta. playblair never types in complete sentences, let alone with capitalization and punctuation :lol

Dex
06-28-2019, 11:25 AM
its pretty clear ur not a millennial since that was an obvious copypasta. playblair never types in complete sentences, let alone with capitalization and punctuation :lol

Good point, tbh. :lol

Legacy
06-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Glad I'm not a Millennial, either, tbh. :lol

phxspurfan
06-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Just got this message today