PDA

View Full Version : Female Coach of Chile's Wheelchair Basketball Team Hired by Spurs to Coach at Summer League

D WHITE
06-27-2019, 10:31 AM
True story.

Lorena Infantes Nunez, who is from Spain, recently coached at the Latin American Academy in Mexico City as a development coach, with the goal of developing players ot compete at Division I schools. She also served as coach of the U17 Chilean Women's National Team and the Chilean Wheelchair National Basketball Team.

Linky (https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Summer-League-staff-includes-two-female-14055383.php)

https://as.com/baloncesto/imagenes/2019/06/27/nba/1561636302_668731_1561636352_noticia_normal.jpg

Trill Clinton
06-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Dope

K...
06-27-2019, 10:40 AM
The story is that two female coaches are helping Blake ahearn.... The other is

. GCurry is an assistant coach with the University of Maine, the only female assistant coach in Division I.

Black Bears coach Richard Barron hired Curry, a former WNBA guard, last season.

Dex
06-27-2019, 10:48 AM
Good stuff. I'm all for the Spurs giving people the opportunity to break down barriers. :tu

bigfan
06-27-2019, 11:05 AM
sure, why not? Sounds like she knows her business.

Dverde
06-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Becky made sense, this is just a make-a-wish stunt.

diego
06-27-2019, 11:11 AM
huh im a bit confused, i live in chile and was under the impression the youth womens team was coached by a costa rican dude (theyve been in the news because they placed 3rd in an americas cup behind us and canada recently), havent heard of this lady; i guess it must be a different age category

Spurtacular
06-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Good stuff. I'm all for the Spurs giving people the opportunity to break down barriers. :tu

Pop's a hero, amirite?

Sorry to be cynical; I'm actually happy for this girl.

Dex
06-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Becky made sense, this is just a make-a-wish stunt.

It's just Summer League. Why not give her a chance?

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 11:31 AM
I'M GOING TO GET UPSET ABOUT SOMEONE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF BECAUSE REASONS

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-27-2019, 12:26 PM
It's just Summer League. Why not give her a chance?because they belong in the WNBA.

hater
06-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Let me guess she's lgbthzy too right?

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Let me guess she's lgbthzy too right?

no need to guess... they all are in womens basketball. can we even call what they "play" basketball when the ball goes in the hoop once every 20th possession?

John B
06-27-2019, 03:09 PM
If she helps win us more games, and promote women in NBA, hey good job!

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 04:06 PM

she won't help us win anything tbh and why do women need to be in the nba anyhow? they got their own league which is a joke in its own right and the big boys have theirs which actually generates money.

all i know is if i was a bball player in the nba i wouldn't listen to anything a woman had to tell me about bball. has nothing to do with men vs women and everything to do with, "you're a chick and i'd beat the shit out of you on the court any day of the week so why would i listen to you who can't even jump an inch off the ground, run the floor, jump out of the arena, etc? fuck what you have to say!"

Mugen
06-27-2019, 04:10 PM
she won't help us win anything tbh and why do women need to be in the nba anyhow? they got their own league which is a joke in its own right and the big boys have theirs which actually generates money.

all i know is if i was a bball player in the nba i wouldn't listen to anything a woman had to tell me about bball. has nothing to do with men vs women and everything to do with, "you're a chick and i'd beat the shit out of you on the court any day of the week so why would i listen to you who can't even jump an inch off the ground, run the floor, jump out of the arena, etc? fuck what you have to say!"

You should put that in your FarmersOnly bio tbh.

SAGirl
06-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Good for her resume. I’d imagine it compares to a top internship as a learning opportunity.

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 04:23 PM
You should put that in your FarmersOnly bio tbh.

you think texans are all farmers? i can't even name one person i know that farms. sorry i'm no sjw faux virtue signaling lib.

John B
06-27-2019, 04:24 PM

I suppose Coach Pop, Kerr, Bud, Van Gundy brothers, all can outjump anybody, coz they sure know how to coach. While MJ, Magic, Isiah, Kareem, all suck at either owner/coaching. Best coaches don’t need to be athletic bruh

DMC
06-27-2019, 04:28 PM
So I'm guessing maybe Tony Parker enters wheelchair League to try to hook up.

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 04:28 PM
I suppose Coach Pop, Kerr, Bud, Van Gundy brothers, all can outjump anybody, coz they sure know how to coach. While MJ, Magic, Isiah, Kareem, all suck at either owner/coaching. Best coaches don’t need to be athletic bruh

they at least played and not in a women's league. all this bs equality nonsense is just that.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2019, 04:37 PM
It's time for a woman to be a Head Coach in the NBA, tbh..the fact that it hasn't happened yet is embarrassing and inexcusable..

Really hope the Spurs are the first team to do it, it would be almost as satisfying as winning a title..

SpursforSix
06-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Great...now that Leonard's already gone.

Bynumite
06-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Spurs desperately trying to win back the classy points they lost when they ran Kiwi out of town. Pathetic :lol

K...
06-27-2019, 05:05 PM
Spurs desperately trying to win back the classy points they lost when they ran Kiwi out of town. Pathetic :lol

Uh we gifted him a ring and took a cancer back in exchange. We're classy as fuck here

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 05:09 PM

all i know is if i was a bball player in the nba i wouldn't listen to anything a woman had to tell me about bball. has nothing to do with men vs women and everything to do with, "you're a chick and i'd beat the shit out of you on the court any day of the week so why would i listen to you who can't even jump an inch off the ground, run the floor, jump out of the arena, etc? fuck what you have to say!"Uh, that's exactly men vs women.:lol

I'm sure she's better at basketball and coaching than you.

slick'81
06-27-2019, 05:22 PM
Are we the only team thats has a female assistant?

John B
06-27-2019, 05:29 PM
Are we the only team thats has a female assistant?
I think Cleveland, Boston, Sacramento besides D-league and Big 3

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Uh, that's exactly men vs women.:lol

:lol

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Uh, that's exactly men vs women.:lol

she might be but my scenario i explained has nothing to do with whether or not she can kick my ass in a pickup game. you're just a weak sjw is all. :tu

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 05:52 PM

^ another faggot sjw right there

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 05:58 PM
she might be but my scenario i explained has nothing to do with whether or not she can kick my ass in a pickup game. you're just a weak sjw is all. :tuRight, your scenario was men vs women based purely on your emotions. Pro basketball players (most of them black) are more mature and rational than you and have accepted several female coaches without your kind of meltdown. The mostly black players who are better than you will have no problem with this latina coach who is also better than you.

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 06:02 PM
Right, your scenario was men vs women based purely on your emotions. Pro basketball players (most of them black) are more mature and rational than you and have accepted several female coaches without your kind of meltdown. The mostly black players who are better than you will have no problem with this latina coach who is also better than you.

i don't think you know many black dudes at all with what you just stated. they'll have no problem and are accepting because they're employees and not the ceo picking FO help.

you're just mad because no matter how much bs sjw'ing you do my scenario is still the more realistic one regardless of how much you just want to troll me. hahaha you're bitchmade.

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 06:06 PM
i don't think you know many black dudes at all with what you just stated. they'll have no problem and are accepting because they're employees and not the ceo picking FO help.

you're just mad because no matter how much bs sjw'ing you do my scenario is still the more realistic one regardless of how much you just want to troll me. hahaha you're bitchmade.Your scenario isn't realistic because there have been a few female coaches at the pro level and no one ever had any problem with them whatsoever. You're really emotional about this -- why? Did a girl beat you at basketball in front of other dudes? Did she make you her bitch?

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 06:07 PM
https://twitter.com/Trobinson0/status/1144311855994810374:cryHE BITCHMADE:cry

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 06:10 PM
Your scenario isn't realistic because there have been a few female coaches at the pro level and no one ever had any problem with them whatsoever. You're really emotional about this -- why? Did a girl beat you at basketball in front of other dudes? Did she make you her bitch?

not emotional about this whatsoever. you want to keep up your stupid bs games as usual and then label those who don't give a fuck about you nor your bs games.

you're a sjw faggot, cool story bro. :tu

i, on the other hand, don't buy your bs scenario so move along. you stated it, i acknowledged i don't believe it and don't give a fuck about it, and here you are still chatting it up as if i give a fuck about your pansy ass stance.

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 06:11 PM
not emotional about this whatsoever. you want to keep up your stupid bs games as usual and then label those who don't give a fuck about you nor your bs games.

you're a sjw faggot, cool story bro. :tu

i, on the other hand, don't buy your bs scenario so move along. you stated it, i acknowledged i don't believe it and don't give a fuck about it, and here you are still chatting it up as if i give a fuck about your pansy ass stance.:lol you keep responding to my posts, genius.

Sorry you never went pro, dude. Women are better than you.

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 06:28 PM
We've all seen that there is a big difference between NBA play and the G-League. There are loads of players who look okay in G-League, but just can't cut it at the next level. If a one of those guys who couldn't cut it in the NBA got made an instant head coach, he would face a lot of skepticism. There's no reason why a woman who never played in the WNBA should be exempt from the same skepticism.

All we know about this woman is what is in the MySA article. If she's got deeper credentials, I'm sure we'll hear about it. But if that's the extent of her experience, she got put ahead in line to make a statement. It's their team, so they can do that if they want. But being a pussy about people questioning it is pretty stupid. They get to do that, too.

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 06:33 PM
:lol you keep responding to my posts, genius.

Sorry you never went pro, dude. Women are better than you.

never tried, never cared, never was that even a thought of mine in the first place. keep beating your chest like you've one upped someone when in fact you made a case for how big of a pussy you actually are.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2019, 06:34 PM

you're just mad because no matter how much bs sjw'ing you do my scenario is still the more realistic one regardless of how much you just want to troll me. hahaha you're bitchmade.

Why are you so angry all the time? And racist? And sexist? And homophobic?

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 06:38 PM
Why are you so angry all the time? And racist? And sexist? And homophobic?

why do yall pussies think someone is angry all the time? that's your dumb fucking problem. i cuss all the time, doesn't mean i'm angry.

show me where i was racist, sexist, or homophobic. real substantial proof. either way, idgaf what you think of me HH. you're one of the biggest bitches here on this forum no doubt.

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 06:41 PM
never tried, never cared, never was that even a thought of mine in the first place. keep beating your chest like you've one upped someone when in fact you made a case for how big of a pussy you actually are.:lol you're caring all over yourself.

Pavlov
06-27-2019, 06:43 PM
We've all seen that there is a big difference between NBA play and the G-League. There are loads of players who look okay in G-League, but just can't cut it at the next level. If a one of those guys who couldn't cut it in the NBA got made an instant head coach, he would face a lot of skepticism. There's no reason why a woman who never played in the WNBA should be exempt from the same skepticism.

All we know about this woman is what is in the MySA article. If she's got deeper credentials, I'm sure we'll hear about it. But if that's the extent of her experience, she got put ahead in line to make a statement. It's their team, so they can do that if they want. But being a pussy about people questioning it is pretty stupid. They get to do that, too.:lol it's summer league. You're not scouring the net judging the background of every coach hired. The first woman I can remember coaching on the American pro level basically had to be the best woman ever to play, who played in men's leagues and on an NBA summer league. In short, we're past that.

Being one of ~20 on a team's summer league coaching staff just isn't a big deal.

koriwhat
06-27-2019, 06:47 PM
:lol you're caring all over yourself.

nah i'm responding to your bitchass. the day i care about you is the day you're dropped 6ft under so i can piss all over your grave.

K...
06-27-2019, 07:01 PM
For real though, the other woman is more important, former wnba and current NCAA assistant. I could see NBA teams going 60/40 make/female pretty fast if the league and NCAA both want it. There's no new basketball strategy to learn, and the thing spurstalk tags pop with the most , not giving a shit, is what women are good at?

Play Boban
06-27-2019, 07:10 PM
:pop: Affirmative Action Pop :pop:

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 07:10 PM
:lol it's summer league. You're not scouring the net judging the background of every coach hired. The first woman I can remember coaching on the American pro level basically had to be the best woman ever to play, who played in men's leagues and on an NBA summer league. In short, we're past that.

Being one of ~20 on a team's summer league coaching staff just isn't a big deal.

How do you know what I'm doing? Explain the source of your knowledge of what I'm scouring or judging. Otherwise you're just writing fan fiction.

How do you know it's not a big deal to people who are trying to break into coaching? Are you a coach on a summer league team? If she got jumped ahead in line, it's probably a big deal to anyone who didn't. You just lack empathy. Do you know what they call people who lack empathy?

tonight...you
06-27-2019, 07:13 PM
How do you know what I'm doing? Explain the source of your knowledge of what I'm scouring or judging. Otherwise you're just writing fan fiction.

How do you know it's not a big deal to people who are trying to break into coaching? Are you a coach on a summer league team? If she got jumped ahead in line, it's probably a big deal to anyone who didn't. You just lack empathy. Do you know what they call people who lack empathy?
I know what you're doing. I employ hackers.

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 09:19 PM
I know what you're doing. I employ hackers.

Well just for the record, I didn't mean to go to that MILFs in Latex site. That was an accident.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Pretty cool to have two females getting some OJT during the Summer League in Utah. Hopefully they can take something away from the experience and the Spurs can learn some stuff also

DMC
06-27-2019, 11:57 PM
:pop: Affirmative Action Pop :pop:

Pretty sure his next pick will be a transsexual.

Pavlov
06-28-2019, 03:17 AM
How do you know what I'm doing?Are you researching the background of every member of every coaching staff in summer league?

Yes or no.

ZeusWillJudge
06-28-2019, 07:59 AM
Are you researching the background of every member of every coaching staff in summer league?

Yes or no.

You're the one who made the claim. Do you have any basis for it or not? If you can't justify your claim, just say so.

Pavlov
06-28-2019, 08:16 AM
You're the one who made the claim. Do you have any basis for it or not? If you can't justify your claim, just say so.My claim is you are not checking the background of every member of every coaching staff in summer league. My basis for that is you haven't said anything about any other coaching staff members.

K...
06-28-2019, 08:23 AM
I'll start listing assistant coach summer league coaches..

Golden state warriors Kris weems. Former Stanford player, friend of owner, gleague coach for warriors

Texas_Ranger
06-28-2019, 08:55 AM
next year we'll probably hire a blind person. Gotta break new ground!!

tonight...you
06-28-2019, 09:09 AM
Well just for the record, I didn't mean to go to that MILFs in Latex site. That was an accident.
:lmao

Nathan89
06-28-2019, 09:35 AM
Spurs are a joke organization tbh.

Kool Bob Love
06-28-2019, 10:06 AM
The spurs have not won a championship since Becky Hammon has joined as an assistant coach. Pure coincidence.

heyheymymy
06-28-2019, 10:16 AM
A wheelchair basketball coach? We must be getting Kawhi back!

ZeusWillJudge
06-28-2019, 11:07 AM
My claim is you are not checking the background of every member of every coaching staff in summer league. My basis for that is you haven't said anything about any other coaching staff members.

So you're claiming that you searched through all my posts to see what I have said about other summer league coaches? I was pretty sure I made a comment about Ahearn's background just a few days ago, but if you're saying you researched me, I guess I must be wrong.

I only comment in the Spurs forum, so if there are other summer league coaches who got moved up in line for social reasons, it probably wouldn't be up here. Can you give me a link to those threads, so I can go comment in them?

Why can't you just admit that you made something up about a person you don't know?

I'M GOING TO GET UPSET ABOUT SOMEONE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF BECAUSE REASONS

Pavlov
06-28-2019, 11:18 AM
So you're claiming that you searched through all my posts to see what I have said about other summer league coaches? I was pretty sure I made a comment about Ahearn's background just a few days ago, but if you're saying you researched me, I guess I must be wrong.That's one.

Where are the rest for every member of every coaching staff in SL?

My claim is you didn't scour the backgrounds of every one of them.

And you didn't.

That's all.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
06-28-2019, 12:11 PM
Trumptard snowflakes are very angry about this.

monty4329
06-28-2019, 03:09 PM
I am sure she's there by merit. Like Mr. Hammond.

Nobody with better credentials available.

Meantime, a totally unrelated news... the two assistant coaches of (supposedly) higher ranking than Mr.Hammond, they both left.

Next Pop will sign a female Euro free agent.

koriwhat
06-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Why can't you just admit that you made something up about a person you don't know?

it's his MO tbh and don't hold your breath on him owning up to his bs ever.

Pavlov
06-28-2019, 03:58 PM
:lol snowflake tears

cd98
06-28-2019, 03:58 PM
No offense to women anywhere because I don't think you have to be a man to coach, but her credentials are pretty weak. Why not hire one of the staff on a G-League team and give them an opportunity?

Pavlov
06-28-2019, 04:20 PM
No offense to women anywhere because I don't think you have to be a man to coach, but her credentials are pretty weak. Why not hire one of the staff on a G-League team and give them an opportunity?They have two from Austin going to SLC in addition to Ahearn. This resistance is so weird.

diego
06-28-2019, 05:27 PM
No offense to women anywhere because I don't think you have to be a man to coach, but her credentials are pretty weak. Why not hire one of the staff on a G-League team and give them an opportunity?

Living in Chile, being into basketball and having never heard of her I thought the same but apparently nobody has bothered to look at her credentials- she was a pro in Spain for a long time (her and Becky may have played against each other, both were in the league at the same time), and apparently she killed it at a NBA development camp, she didn't get hired for what she did with a wheelchair team (or anything in Chile for that matter, it just happened to be what she was employed at the time- and from the sounds of it she was the women's under 17 coach and the wheelchair team was a sidejob/favor).

tonight...you
06-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Living in Chile, being into basketball and having never heard of her I thought the same but apparently nobody has bothered to look at her credentials- she was a pro in Spain for a long time (her and Becky may have played against each other, both were in the league at the same time), and apparently she killed it at a NBA development camp, she didn't get hired for what she did with a wheelchair team (or anything in Chile for that matter, it just happened to be what she was employed at the time- and from the sounds of it she was the women's under 17 coach and the wheelchair team was a sidejob/favor).
Very cool. Thank you for the added info.

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 09:07 AM
That's one.

Where are the rest for every member of every coaching staff in SL?

My claim is you didn't scour the backgrounds of every one of them.

And you didn't.

That's all.

So you made a claim, but you can't say where you got your information. "Just becuz mah intuition tells me so." Do you make up everything you say here?

What do you normally charge for rent space in your head?

Othyus Lalanne
06-29-2019, 09:15 AM

If she is competent fine.

Why should i give a fuck about promoting women in the NBA?

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 09:20 AM

All we know about this woman is what is in the MySA article. If she's got deeper credentials, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Looks like MySA must hire Pavlov to do their research for them, when he's not busy being the coach of a SL team. :lol

The articles all mention that the other female assistant the Spurs brought in played professional ball. Two years, where she averaged 1.7 PPG and 1.8 PPG. So she's definitely qualified.

But they don't even mention Lorena Infantes Nunez' pro experience. MySa probably just doesn't like Spaniards. (It's not a conspiracy theory, because Pavlov's intuition says it's a real conspiracy.)

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 09:23 AM
So you made a claim, but you can't say where you got your information. "Just becuz mah intuition tells me so." Do you make up everything you say here?

What do you normally charge for rent space in your head?Am I wrong in my claim that you didn't check the background of every coach?

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Looks like MySA must hire Pavlov to do their research for them, when he's not busy being the coach of a SL team. :lol

Most of that information was in the OP.

Did you not read it?

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Am I wrong in my claim that you didn't check the background of every coach?

You must really like me, or you'd be charging some serious rent for that headspace of yours.

So you just make things up, and then try to change the subject?

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 09:34 AM
Most of that information was in the OP.

Did you not read it?

What did the original article say about Nunez' professional basketball experience? You seem to be able to see things the rest of us can't.

But I trust you. Just tell me what it said about Nunez' pro experience, and I'll be satisfied.

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 09:35 AM
You must really like me, or you'd be charging some serious rent for that headspace of yours.

So you just make things up, and then try to change the subject?The subject is my claim you didn't check the background of all the SL coaches.

Turns out you didn't check the background of the coach in the OP, even though her background was posted in the OP.

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 09:39 AM
The subject is my claim you didn't check the background of all the SL coaches.

Turns out you didn't check the background of the coach in the OP, even though her background was posted in the OP.

LOL. That's just you trying to change the subject, because you can't say where you get your vast information about me.

Now you can't say where the original article mentions that she played pro ball, so you want to talk about the wheelchair team.

"I've got muh sources." :lol

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 09:44 AM
LOL. That's just you trying to change the subject, because you can't say where you get your vast information about me.

Now you can't say where the original article mentions that she played pro ball, so you want to talk about the wheelchair team.

"I've got muh sources." :lol
My information about your NOT researching all the SL coaches?

You didn't even know the background of the coach whose background was in the very first post of this thread.

You got suckered by the thread title. It happens. I've done it. I sure didn't do it here.

ZeusWillJudge
06-29-2019, 10:05 AM
My information about your NOT researching all the SL coaches?

You didn't even know the background of the coach whose background was in the very first post of this thread.

You got suckered by the thread title. It happens. I've done it. I sure didn't do it here.

Oh, you really do like me. You respond to everything I say, and you make up little stories about me. But you wont admit it. Are you afraid I'll be disappointed? You made a specific claim - but you won't say where your information comes from. You claim the article says that she was a professional player. You can't point to the place, but you know it's in there.

See, I said that all the information I had about the woman was in the MySA article. But I didn't make up any stories about her, like you did about me. I just said that IF that's it, she got jumped ahead in line.

All we know about this woman is what is in the MySA article. If she's got deeper credentials, I'm sure we'll hear about it. But if that's the extent of her experience, she got put ahead in line to make a statement.

Admit you made it up, and you'll feel better.

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 10:09 AM
Oh, you really do like me. You respond to everything I say, and you make up little stories about me. But you wont admit it. Are you afraid I'll be disappointed? You made a specific claim - but you won't say where your information comes from. You claim the article says that she was a professional player. You can't point to the place, but you know it's in there.

See, I said that all the information I had about the woman was in the MySA article. But I didn't make up any stories about her, like you did about me. I just said that IF that's it, she got jumped ahead in line.

Admit you made it up, and you'll feel better.
Oh shit, you knew all that and were still bitching about her?

:lol that's even funnier

She definitely has enough credentials to be a guest SL coach. I'm basing that on some of the hires that the Spurs themselves have made in the recent past like nephew's college buddy. There's really not much more to say but if you want to keep responding to me, have at it. Getting bent out of shape about a guest SL coach is a good look for you.

monty4329
06-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Enough you two, it is a publicity stunt, just about like Mr.Hammond as first 'female' HC.

Pavlov
06-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Enough you two, it is a publicity stunt, just about like Mr.Hammond as first 'female' HC.:lol snowflake

K...
06-29-2019, 12:12 PM

This post was a foul by zues. Chump used "you are not scouring or judging" to refer to teams /coach. Zues is not a coach, and thus failed reading comprehension and context.

EricB
06-30-2019, 12:35 AM
This thread makes me sad. God this fucking site can be shit sometimes.

JeffDuncan
06-30-2019, 12:47 AM
It's all part of the great panoply of human experience, from the heights to the depths. What do you know of the heights, if you haven't seen the depths?