PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Lakers

LakerLanny
06-27-2019, 07:21 PM
God's Team is back.

Never forget the Mighty Lakers, we are about to sign Kawhi to add to Anthony Davis and The King.

Thoughts?

GusT15
06-27-2019, 07:24 PM
I have a thought.Take it downstairs.

tbdog
06-27-2019, 07:25 PM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

Your a cunt.

Bynumite
06-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Spurs ran a top 3 player in his prime out of town and he rang in his first season with his new team.

You'd think that's an Hollywood script but no, it is a very true story.

timvp
06-27-2019, 07:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCzpYzTXsAANdpx.jpg

:lol Kobe ruining the franchise to the point they've been stuck in a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade.

tonight...you
06-27-2019, 07:36 PM
God's Team is back.

Never forget the Mighty Lakers, we are about to sign Kawhi to add to Anthony Davis and The King.

Thoughts?
God wouldn't make Jeanie Buss His... well anything for His team.
Unless you think ill of God...

Now we're getting somewhere.
What is your problem with God?

Dex
06-27-2019, 07:37 PM
Where have you been, Lanny?

Oh, that’s right...Laker fans haven’t had much to say in the last half-decade.

DeadlyDynasty
06-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Spurs ran a top 3 player in his prime out of town and he rang in his first season with his new team.

They traded Troy Aikman for Jason Garrett:wow

LakerLanny
06-27-2019, 07:50 PM

I am a notorious front runner. I haven't been to a Laker game in 7 years as I only attend playoff games.

MoSpur02
06-27-2019, 07:54 PM
Didn't people say this when LeBron signed last season? Didn't they say that when they had Malone and Payton join them? :lmao

TDomination
06-27-2019, 07:58 PM
Lol what a funny thread

DPG21920
06-27-2019, 08:00 PM
OP is right. If LA doesn’t ring this year it might go down as the biggest meltdown in nba history. This team is stacked and the clear cut favorite. Unfortunately LA is back.

picnroll
06-27-2019, 08:00 PM
Dwight Howard and Steve Nash say hi.

Dex
06-27-2019, 08:02 PM
OP is right. If LA doesn’t ring this year it might go down as the biggest meltdown in nba history. This team is stacked and the clear cut favorite. Unfortunately LA is back.

Eh. Lebron is aging, AD is injury-prone, and they have an entire bench to fill.

Call me crazy, but they have a long way to go to being a legit contender. A healthy Warriors team was much more formidable.

Larry O
06-27-2019, 08:21 PM
Bought and not built and thrown into the dumpster when it doesn't work...

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 08:23 PM
Nobody wants to compete for championships anymore..

I miss the 90's..

Marrow
06-27-2019, 08:24 PM
how many games do you think davis and lebron will last playing 48 mins with no bench???!!

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 08:25 PM

Yeah if only Spurs let him sit all 82 games, plus 22 more this season number 2 would still be here.

dbreiden83080
06-27-2019, 08:26 PM
how many games do you think davis and lebron will last playing 48 mins with no bench???!!

Lebron will be on a strict Load MGT schedule.. Doesn't allow himself to be coached, so he will just put himself in and out of games..

gambit1990
06-27-2019, 08:33 PM
lock this shit.

Marrow
06-27-2019, 08:36 PM
exactly... they lose either way...lebron plays >40 mins a night and wears down or he's on a load management schedule and they are playing with scrubs when he's off the court

reminds me of the Nash and Dwight lakers

gambit1990
06-27-2019, 09:01 PM
thread should be locked... that being said, this won’t be the nash / kobe / dwight team.

lebron is a) still playing at a high level and b) a team player. if they get kawhi then it’s... over.

rascal
06-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Didn't people say this when LeBron signed last season? Didn't they say that when they had Malone and Payton join them? :lmao

No, James alone was not bringing a title but he was the first piece to the rebuild to a championship contender that is happening this year.

06-27-2019, 09:06 PM
This. With GS out of the way, and their entire future punted for win now mode, anything less than a championship is an absolute travesty.

daslicer
06-27-2019, 09:07 PM
thread should be locked... that being said, this won’t be the nash / kobe / dwight team.

lebron is a) still playing at a high level and b) a team player. if they get kawhi then it’s... over.

Are you going to become a Lakers fan if they get #2 or are you going to stay with your new team the Raptors?

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 09:11 PM

LOL. But your team GOT at top 3 player and still missed the fucking playoffs. :lol

johnnymoore
06-27-2019, 09:16 PM
Just wait until the Lakers sign Kawhi (in about 4 days) . . .

tbdog
06-27-2019, 09:21 PM
I am still astonished why players are still so keen to join the Lakers. They just traded away 6 players on their roster in one offseason, not to mention how many players they will refuse to resign.

LakerLanny
06-27-2019, 09:34 PM

Do you know who I am?

I am a legend and not just in my own mind.

LakerLanny
06-27-2019, 09:35 PM
LOL. But your team GOT at top 3 player and still missed the fucking playoffs. :lol

That was alarming, I admit!:dizzy

baseline bum
06-27-2019, 09:36 PM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

Go fuck your mother some more?

LakerLanny
06-27-2019, 09:40 PM
Go fuck your mother some more?

I missed you too BB!:eyebrows

gambit1990
06-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Are you going to become a Lakers fan if they get #2 or are you going to stay with your new team the Raptors?
TBH... i would be a laker fan. was always a big fan of lebron and kawhi. don't care about AD.

raps were my team this past year because kawhi and siakam.

i've always hated demar so the spurs were practically begging me not be a spurs fan anymore. i still want them to prosper and compete but just not very interested in the roster outside or murray, white, luka. and pretty fed up with pop not willing to make belichick-like moves because family values. this is a business.

was a spurs fan for about 14 years but much more of an nba fan now. i want cp3 to ring more than anyone next year but outside of that... if kawhi was a laker, then yeah, i'd be a laker fan. still hate kobe... but i love the city of LA.

if kawhi joined kobe or the warriors then i wouldn't root for him / them. lebron's cool though :tu

diceman
06-27-2019, 09:53 PM
TBH... i would be a laker fan. was always a big fan of lebron and kawhi. don't care about AD.

i've always hated demar so the spurs were practically begging me not be a spurs fan anymore. i still want them to prosper and compete but just not very interested in the roster outside or murray, white, luka. and pretty fed up with pop not willing to make belichick-like moves because family values. this is a business.

was a spurs fan for about 14 years but much more of an nba fan now. i want cp3 to ring more than anyone next year but outside of that... if kawhi was a laker, then yeah, i'd be a laker fan. still hate kobe... but i love the city of LA.

if kawhi joined kobe or the warriors then i wouldn't root for him / them. lebron's cool though :tu

Move along kiddo .............https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/

GreekSpursfan
06-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Zaza where the hell are you, you have a job to do. Pop, this time before you retire you have to submit to the will of your people. Give Zaza a minimum contract, we're not doing shit anyway.

johnnymoore
06-27-2019, 09:59 PM
I am still astonished why players are still so keen to join the Lakers. They just traded away 6 players on their roster in one offseason, not to mention how many players they will refuse to resign.

1 - they're in Los Angeles. Being a Big Fish in an ocean is much better than being a big fish in a bathtub.

2 - choosing between Lakers vs. Clippers in LA is like choosing between a new Mercedes and a 88 Subaru Justy with transmission problems.

ZeusWillJudge
06-27-2019, 10:25 PM
Do you know who I am?

I am a legend and not just in my own mind.

I'm familiar with every legend and myth in the history of mankind. I was there when they were created.

You're not on the list.

DeadlyDynasty
06-27-2019, 10:26 PM
I am still astonished why players are still so keen to join the Lakers.
You're astonished that young millionaire entertainers would want to live in the entertainment capital of the world?

YGWHI
06-27-2019, 10:48 PM
Too many reasons to hate this move if Kawhi joins them.

1-Pop will have to spend his last years as coach, losing in playoffs against Kawhi (and Lebron/AD) but we know this is about KL.

2-Kawhi's joining "player's power" movement. "My former team didnt trade/allow me to play home? Well, they couldn't stop me. I'm coming home now"

3-Lakers fans legion making 1000 threads like this after every Lakers-Spurs game.

4-DeRozan in suicide mod. He will lose vs Lebron in playoffs...again.

5-It was so easy to root for Raptors in playoffs. Danny Marc Siakam...all good guys. A nice franchise that deserves better...I like them.

But Lakers??? C'mon Dennis. I've said before that's the limit. I hate more Lks than I love Kawhi's game.

YGWHI
06-27-2019, 11:05 PM

Agree. Kurt Rambis...runs the franchise. And the team's coached by...Vogel and Jason Kidd.

It's sad but this league is all about agents and their %-$...They don't care about players careers.

DMC
06-27-2019, 11:39 PM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/incoming/uu4x4t/picture6503208/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/1eOmT5.So.138.jpeg

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248573

Your last post was in 2015 when you got D Russell. You front running faggot.

DMC
06-27-2019, 11:54 PM

Yeah.. no one gives a fuck.

99 Problems
06-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Magic Pelinka working the phone to surround Ad & bRON

Kaman
g league guy from last season
Qu
Sacre
Some 2nd rounders from yrs gone but they’re not answering old cell numbers.

Ninja Roach
06-28-2019, 12:06 AM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?
Close your eyes for a moment.

Imagine you're a sports fan.

Imagine your favorite team has an impressive amount of success and championships in it's past.

Imagine it has had several successful runs that were stopped by a rival team.

Stopped in embarrassing fashion.

Swept even.

Shut down the forum even. The last humiliating memories of a historic arena.

Made the favorite player of your franchise's dumber half break down in tears after getting beat so bad kind of humiliation.

It would make you hate the franchise that did that to you and your guy. Wouldn't it?

Now open your eyes.

You're here.

Posting on that franchise's website because you have the slimmest of hopes of your franchise actually making the playoffs after signing a terribly fragile superstar to go along with an overweight, aging out of his prime superstar.

Life is............good? :bobo

Ninja Roach
06-28-2019, 12:11 AM

One would think you guys would know better than to prematurely ejaculate after signing a superstar what with the historical precedence set by the Malone/GP and Howard/Nash happenings, but nobody ever confused your fandom of being intelligent, have they?

Good to see how rent free the Spurs are in your minds though.:spin

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-28-2019, 12:15 AM
If James don't start cutting his minutes back his body is going to brake down like Kobe's Did.

LkrFan
06-28-2019, 01:27 AM
If James don't start cutting his minutes back his body is going to brake down like Kobe's Did.

Roscoe from Dukes of Hazzard? :lol

illusioNtEk
06-28-2019, 05:40 AM
I’m glad lakers are back tbh..... as a fan of LBJ I hope his team does well

Twisted_Dawg
06-28-2019, 06:51 AM
Dwight Howard and Steve Nash say hi.

So do Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

John B
06-28-2019, 09:07 AM
$32 mil and 12 more players to go. Good luck with getting depth and chemistry.

gambit1990
06-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah.. no one gives a fuck.
:lol was responding to the person who asked.

rascal
06-28-2019, 07:31 PM

Sound like you are a frontrunner and will switch to any team that wins the championship.

rascal
06-28-2019, 07:34 PM
$32 mil and 12 more players to go. Good luck with getting depth and chemistry.

Stop with the chemistry issues. If they get Kawhi they will put together a team that will easily be better than the Spurs.

gambit1990
06-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Sound like you are a frontrunner and will switch to any team that wins the championship.
:td:td

said the raps would win it all before the season started. watched them a lot more than i watched the spurs this past season. called lowry not folding in the POs and siakam winning MIP too.

and if i cared about switching to the frontrunner then i would've been a warriors "fan".

gambit1990
06-28-2019, 07:38 PM
also never rooted for the bucks and said they weren't for real during the season.

DMC
06-28-2019, 07:43 PM
also never rooted for the bucks and said they weren't for real during the season.

You're another Mavsfan1000 who basically swaps teams like underwear. Then you go to other teams' forums to talk about it like it makes you interesting.

gambit1990
06-28-2019, 08:02 PM
You're another Mavsfan1000 who basically swaps teams like underwear. Then you go to other teams' forums to talk about it like it makes you interesting.
dead wrong.

spurs were my team for about 14 years like i said. i have one user account on ST and ST is the only basketball forum i use.

JeffDuncan
06-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Stop with the chemistry issues. If they get Kawhi they will put together a team that will easily be better than the Spurs.

With no bench, load management for all three of their superstars could destroy them during the regular season, and the Fakers might not even make the playoffs. To win in the playoffs you have to get there.

But maybe Kawhi and Davis and LeBron will all be perfectly healthy for the entire season, so they can all average 36 minutes per game for the full 82 games. Har har.

Ron Swanson
06-28-2019, 10:10 PM

Wu36
06-28-2019, 10:19 PM
dead wrong.

spurs were my team for about 14 years like i said. i have one user account on ST and ST is the only basketball forum i use.
I respect your opinion as I do others, but you seem to be in closet. You may not front run on all the new teams as you say- but your not a true spurs fan. It’s ok to move on if you feel so.

gambit1990
06-28-2019, 10:40 PM
I respect your opinion as I do others, but you seem to be in closet. You may not front run on all the new teams as you say- but your not a true spurs fan. It’s ok to move on if you feel so.
oh, i agree. i don't think i'm a true spurs fan anymore... but it has nothing to do with them not being contenders... just no td / manu / kawhi (my three favorite players all time), i hate demar, and pop isn't cutthroat like belicheck.

i might not even have a team next year if kawhi played with KD or kyrie cause i hate those two players. i wish the spurs well though :toast

if spurs had cp3 instead of demar then i'd still be board. would be far from favorites to win it all but that's a ship i'd be willing to go down with.

Wu36
06-28-2019, 11:03 PM
oh, i agree. i don't think i'm a true spurs fan anymore... but it has nothing to do with them not being contenders... just no td / manu / kawhi (my three favorite players all time), i hate demar, and pop isn't cutthroat like belicheck.

i might not even have a team next year if kawhi played with KD or kyrie cause i hate those two players. i wish the spurs well though :toast

if spurs had cp3 instead of demar then i'd still be board. would be far from favorites to win it all but that's a ship i'd be willing to go down with.
It’s cool man. Spurs fans are weird these days. They remind me of entitled Lakers fans. Long gone is the small market Spurs are bringing it. Now it’s a what have you done for me lately feeling . PATFO isn’t perfect but they’ve done more than ever expected. I’m not backing out after over 30 years of fandom. People can feel whatever. I’ll cheer on.

DMC
06-29-2019, 12:31 AM
dead wrong.

And now you're a Raptors fan and now you're a where ever Kawhi goes fan.

RC_Drunkford
06-29-2019, 09:53 AM
Too many reasons to hate this move if Kawhi joins them.

1-Pop will have to spend his last years as coach, losing in playoffs against Kawhi (and Lebron/AD) but we know this is about KL.

2-Kawhi's joining "player's power" movement. "My former team didnt trade/allow me to play home? Well, they couldn't stop me. I'm coming home now"

3-Lakers fans legion making 1000 threads like this after every Lakers-Spurs game.

4-DeRozan in suicide mod. He will lose vs Lebron in playoffs...again.

5-It was so easy to root for Raptors in playoffs. Danny Marc Siakam...all good guys. A nice franchise that deserves better...I like them.

But Lakers??? C'mon Dennis. I've said before that's the limit. I hate more Lks than I love Kawhi's game.

Will Uncle Dennis then finally get you the job he promised you Jabari?

gambit1990
06-29-2019, 05:48 PM
And now you're a Raptors fan and now you're a where ever Kawhi goes fan.
pretty much, unless he teamed up with kd or kyrie.

if spurs move demar then it'd be easier for me to like them more again.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2019, 05:52 PM
if spurs had cp3 instead of demar then i'd still be board.

Seriously? CP0's washed and has one of the worst contracts ever.

Realdeal1
06-29-2019, 06:01 PM
Who will the lakers get as a 3rd star? Or will they whiff on a third superstar and just add good role players?

Kahwi ?
DeAngelo Russell ??
Jimmy Butler ??

Looks like Kemba, Klay, and Kyrie are out .. looks like Jimmy buckets is interested in the heat so for the lakers it’s either Kahwi or Deangelo

r0drig0lac
06-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Who will the lakers get as a 3rd star? Or will they whiff on a third superstar and just add good role players?

Kahwi ?
DeAngelo Russell ??
Jimmy Butler ??

Looks like Kemba, Klay, and Kyrie are out .. looks like Jimmy buckets is interested in the heat so for the lakers it’s either Kahwi or Deangelo

DAngelo

tonight...you
06-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Thread full of crap fans that say crap things.
Enjoy the smell.

Shakril
06-29-2019, 08:09 PM
I know that Spurs dont have much love for the Lakers, but damn is it possible to respect each others greatness without beeing dickish?

John B
06-29-2019, 09:22 PM
I know that Spurs dont have much love for the Lakers, but damn is it possible to respect each others greatness without beeing dickish?
Fuck you! :lol:lol

playbonner15
06-29-2019, 09:33 PM
I thought Lakers will be back in the playoffs once they add Lebron. But now for sure they're gonna be exciting to watch. I hope Nephew signs with the Clippers though coz the LA rivalry would be fun to watch

John B
07-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Lakers signing Troy Daniels, 6-4 SG, to a one year 2.1 mil. 11 more players to go :lol

Chris
07-01-2019, 03:32 PM
I am a notorious front runner. I haven't been to a Laker game in 7 years as I only attend playoff games.

Ah, a good time Charlie.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-01-2019, 03:48 PM

if as a lakers fan this is all you have left then damn you guys are really in shitty territory

stu scotts eye
07-01-2019, 11:50 PM
pretty much, unless he teamed up with kd or kyrie.

if spurs move demar then it'd be easier for me to like them more again.

How do people that don't really love the Spurs, waste time on Spurs messageboards... during the summer?

You obviously don't have a life or a woman, or the means to do something more productive in life. Im a diehard that browses a few minutes a day, tops, even during the season. When i dump.

gambit1990
07-02-2019, 01:22 AM
How do people that don't really love the Spurs, waste time on Spurs messageboards... during the summer?

You obviously don't have a life or a woman, or the means to do something more productive in life. Im a diehard that browses a few minutes a day, tops, even during the season. When i dump.
:lol

my post count isn’t even that high... i still post here cause i’m big fan of basketball itself / i used to love the spurs. really until the kawhi / demar trade.

i have a life and women are easy to come by. i also have a well paying job that isn’t demanding most of time so i have time to post on here during then tbh.

CosmicCowboy
07-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Sup Lanny? Talk about a blast from the past...

cpds421
07-02-2019, 12:20 PM

my post count isn’t even that high... i still post here cause i’m big fan of basketball itself / i used to love the spurs. really until the kawhi / demar trade.

You’re just a bandwagon fan then.

dbestpro
07-02-2019, 12:31 PM

You have to admit that if you always cheer for the team that is winning, you will never lose. Plus, you get to have so much fun irritating your friends.

Budkin
07-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Wow... Laker Lanny was just about the first Laker fan on this site...

gambit1990
07-02-2019, 01:36 PM
no, just a kawhi fan. liked the raptors since he was one. i wasn’t all of a sudden interested when they made the finals, i was interested as soon as the trade was made.

CosmicCowboy
07-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Wow... Laker Lanny was just about the first Laker fan on this site...

He even goes back through a couple that preceded this one. All the way back to the Express News site I think.

Ron Swanson
07-06-2019, 01:28 AM
:lmao

NASpurs
07-06-2019, 01:29 AM

slick'81
07-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Wonder how laker ground is doing

Budkin
07-06-2019, 01:34 AM
Wonder how laker ground is doing

You can tell by how long it’s taking to load.

timvp
07-06-2019, 01:39 AM
Not even the best team that uses the Staples Center :lol

NASpurs
07-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Not even the best team that uses the Staples Center :lol

Right behind the LA Sparks.

DJR210
07-06-2019, 01:47 AM
:lmao dumb fuck

phxspurfan
07-06-2019, 01:59 AM
cursed...

slick'81
07-06-2019, 02:01 AM
Bbb they got ldn

johnnymoore
07-06-2019, 02:02 AM
Wow.

spurs10
07-06-2019, 02:03 AM
AD should try to bolt.

slick'81
07-06-2019, 02:05 AM
Uh oh lakers got kcp

NASpurs
07-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Uh oh lakers got kcp

Talk about seismic news coming out of Cali.

duncan2k5
07-06-2019, 02:23 AM

NASpurs
07-06-2019, 02:27 AM

DC23
07-06-2019, 02:34 AM
I would have let KCP walk. He is horrible. Rajon Rondo and Marcus Morris?

timvp
07-06-2019, 02:39 AM
Damn, I thought they'd at least get Green and Marcus Morris. KCP and McGee? :lmao

polandprzem
07-06-2019, 04:36 AM
:D LJ not missing any chance to poke LA

Harry Callahan
07-06-2019, 05:34 AM
Where's Laker Lanny?

Danny Green isn't #2 is he? Nice consolation prize. NOT.

Where's mushmouth Shannon Sharpe? What he got to say? - Sorry about the poor grammar. I just wanted to Emulate Shannon. All that arrogance, preening, and obnoxiousness going down with that moron.

I guess Mr. Bayless will rub this in Shannons face for awhile.

RC_Drunkford
07-06-2019, 05:51 AM
done deal :lmao:lmao:lmao

bring on Melo

Uriel
07-06-2019, 07:21 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dverde
07-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Kingslayer with the goods. Best of luck next year Lebron with your shady antics and power trips.

baseline bum
07-06-2019, 07:34 AM
He even goes back through a couple that preceded this one. All the way back to the Express News site I think.

He was a prick then too. :lol

baseline bum
07-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Damn, I thought they'd at least get Green and Marcus Morris. KCP and McGee? :lmao

No shit, KCP is garbage.

picnroll
07-06-2019, 07:37 AM
LG fans now posting how kwitter is a sleaze bag and how he did the Spurs dirty. ��

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2019, 07:39 AM
man those Laker fans/cockroaches from downstairs nowhere to be found lmaoooooooooo

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2019, 07:39 AM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2019, 07:44 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=kobe+crying+after+loss+to+spurs&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO9-i4qaDjAhVbCc0KHX95AMUQ_AUoAnoECAsQAg&biw=768&bih=922

BackHome
07-06-2019, 07:58 AM
God I Do Love Karma :spin

buttsR4rebounding
07-06-2019, 08:01 AM
God I Do Love Karma :spin

widowmaker
07-06-2019, 08:11 AM
:claw:claw:claw:claw:claw

Russ
07-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Whether the Lakers got Kawhi or not, one thing is for sure that the media would never tell you (because it never occurred to them, they don't even understand it) -- the Lakers are going to be slower than hell this year, with Kawhi or without.

The Lakers will fill out their roster with old unathletic minimum contract vets. Then they will get run to death by younger more energetic teams (maybe even the Spurs).

pgardn
07-06-2019, 08:19 AM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

Uhhh...

Lakerfan will now leave the board in a massive suicide march out?

hitmantb
07-06-2019, 02:53 PM
The truth is with Steve Ballmer's money (and to a lesser extent Alibaba Joseph Tsai / Brooklyn Nets vs Knicks), the balance of power has really shifted.

Clippers is new money with a brighter future.

lebomb
07-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Bwahahaha. Lakeshow

One superstar
One declining superstar
And a host of 2nd team G leaguers
1st it was dropping DLO
2nd drafting Ball #2
3rd allowing Bron to manage the team

Damn this is classic shit.

daslicer
07-06-2019, 03:32 PM
LG fans now posting how kwitter is a sleaze bag and how he did the Spurs dirty. ��

The irony is that they are now maybe #2's biggest haters.

Gervin44Silas13
07-12-2019, 06:54 AM
The Lakers are a Fucken Joke

Get ready for multiple Lebron groin pulls and danny green massaging LBJs cock while bricking numerous 3 while reflecting on his 2013 Finals 3 record as Lebron tries to memorize the Space Jam 2 script while AD is having gender issues on becoming the 1st black Frida Kahlo impersonator....holy fuck hows that for a Hollywood script!!!

Yah fuck yo team clown!

Gervin44Silas13
07-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Get ready for multiple Lebron groin pulls and danny green massaging LBJs cock while bricking numerous 3 while reflecting on his 2013 Finals 3 record as Lebron tries to memorize the Space Jam 2 script while AD is having gender issues on becoming the 1st black Frida Kahlo impersonator....holy fuck hows that for a Hollywood script!!!

Yah fuck yo team clown!

Bwahahaha. Lakeshow

One superstar
One declining superstar
And a host of 2nd team G leaguers
1st it was dropping DLO
2nd drafting Ball #2
3rd allowing Bron to manage the team

Damn this is classic shit.

Gervin44Silas13
07-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Yah fuck yo team clown!

God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

GreekSpursfan
07-12-2019, 07:54 AM
I hate the Lakers more than any other team(now i hate the Clippers equally because kawhitter is there) but lets use our brain for a second. Lakers have AD to build around, who do we have? No cornerstone here. My prediction is that AD is gonna be the MVP next season, book it.

GusT15
07-12-2019, 08:11 AM
I hate the Lakers more than any other team(now i hate the Clippers equally because kawhitter is there) but lets use our brain for a second. Lakers have AD to build around, who do we have? No cornerstone here. My prediction is that AD is gonna be the MVP next season, book it.

AD is not winning MVP with LeBron on the team,unless LeBron gets injured or falls of a cliff stat wise.

GreekSpursfan
07-12-2019, 08:55 AM
AD is not winning MVP with LeBron on the team,unless LeBron gets injured or falls of a cliff stat wise.

LeBron will assist more but AD has to carry them offensively and defensively if they want to achieve anything and he has a lot to prove after saying a while back that he's the best player in the game and requesting a trade. People will be all over AD not LeBron imo. I'm betting my money on AD. LeBron will take a step back and let AD shine just like Wade let him shine with the Heat. LeBron knows that if he doesn't do that they don't have much of a chance because he's not a spring chicken any more. LeBron has a high bball iq to know all these things.

GusT15
07-12-2019, 09:10 AM
LeBron will assist more but AD has to carry them offensively and defensively if they want to achieve anything and he has a lot to prove after saying a while back that he's the best player in the game and requesting a trade. People will be all over AD not LeBron imo. I'm betting my money on AD. LeBron will take a step back and let AD shine just like Wade let him shine with the Heat. LeBron knows that if he doesn't do that they don't have much of a chance because he's not a spring chicken any more. LeBron has a high bball iq to know all these things.

I agree with you on how the Lakers will operate on the court.
My disagreement comes from the MVP voting method journalists have diplayed over the years.And as well as we both know,ESPN wants to keep pushing the LeBron GOAT narrative,so at least half of the voters will be biased to admit that Lebron is not even the MVP on his team.

Hence,votes will be split,or they will push the general narrative to another player as their focus.
So,imho,AD either is
a)gonna be the best player on a Lakers team that contends for the #1 seed-which means Lebron is close to 20-8-6.
b)gonna be the best player on a Lakers team that Lebron is struggling/injured so the Lakers are out of the top4 seed race.
c)gonna be underperforming cause LeBron is not gonna change his playstyle and he will turn into another Love/Bosh type player.
d)gonna carry a Lakers team without LeBron to a top3 seed.

The third scenario isn't as likely and the fourth is highly unlikely (cause the West is a bloodbath this year),but in the first 3,he's not going to have enough votes to win MVP.Cause of LeBron.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 09:13 AM
My guess is that the Lakers will swing some deal mid-season to bring in another key player. They’ve gone deep to be successful so I think they’ll do all they can to win now before LeBron’s window closes shut. The worst managed team in basketball (except for the Suns perhaps) still gets what they want because of where and who they are.

And Cousins might return to form. He and Davis were pretty good on the Pels together...better than I thought they’d be. I’d love for the Lakers to suck, but my guess is that they won’t. Injuries will be key for a team with no true depth. We’ll see.

GreekSpursfan
07-12-2019, 01:09 PM
I agree with you on how the Lakers will operate on the court.
My disagreement comes from the MVP voting method journalists have diplayed over the years.And as well as we both know,ESPN wants to keep pushing the LeBron GOAT narrative,so at least half of the voters will be biased to admit that Lebron is not even the MVP on his team.

Hence,votes will be split,or they will push the general narrative to another player as their focus.
So,imho,AD either is
a)gonna be the best player on a Lakers team that contends for the #1 seed-which means Lebron is close to 20-8-6.
b)gonna be the best player on a Lakers team that Lebron is struggling/injured so the Lakers are out of the top4 seed race.
c)gonna be underperforming cause LeBron is not gonna change his playstyle and he will turn into another Love/Bosh type player.
d)gonna carry a Lakers team without LeBron to a top3 seed.

The third scenario isn't as likely and the fourth is highly unlikely (cause the West is a bloodbath this year),but in the first 3,he's not going to have enough votes to win MVP.Cause of LeBron.

Unfortunately for us(lets not forget i still hate them) its gonna be the first scenario. Even as presently constracted i have them as the favorite to win it all. People forget who AD is and at his best he's better than anyone including Kawhi and Giannis and KD. Clippers have zero answer for him, nada, zilch.

Bill Walton Saga
07-13-2019, 05:40 PM
The Lakers are 2-17 in their last 19 games against Portland...lol

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/lillardmccollumplayoffs-e1555955119487.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

Ice009
07-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately for us(lets not forget i still hate them) its gonna be the first scenario. Even as presently constracted i have them as the favorite to win it all. People forget who AD is and at his best he's better than anyone including Kawhi and Giannis and KD. Clippers have zero answer for him, nada, zilch.

I don't want to really admit this, but when Kawhi asked out, I tried to think of who in the entire NBA I'd want if I could do a straight up trade for anyone, and I told my friend Anthony Davis is the only guy in the NBA I'd want to trade Kawhi straight up for. I guess I sort of forgot about him a little bit the past year or so due to his teams not doing well in the playoffs, but yeah, the guy at his best definitely has the talent to be the number 1 player in the NBA.

GreekSpursfan
07-14-2019, 07:26 AM
I don't want to really admit this, but when Kawhi asked out, I tried to think of who in the entire NBA I'd want if I could do a straight up trade for anyone, and I told my friend Anthony Davis is the only guy in the NBA I'd want to trade Kawhi straight up for. I guess I sort of forgot about him a little bit the past year or so due to his teams not doing well in the playoffs, but yeah, the guy at his best definitely has the talent to be the number 1 player in the NBA.

Right now i agree that AD is the only guy i would trade Kawhi for but if you have told me that a few years back when Giannis was 19 and Pop and his staff had a chance to develop him and not the worst coach in the NBA aka Jason Kidd, i would say Giannis because if Giannis would've been developed by the Spurs he would be the best player right now easily.

GusT15
07-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Right now i agree that AD is the only guy i would trade Kawhi for but if you have told me that a few years back when Giannis was 19 and Pop and his staff had a chance to develop him and not the worst coach in the NBA aka Jason Kidd, i would say Giannis because if Giannis would've been developed by the Spurs he would be the best player right now easily.

:tu
A 19 year old Giannis developed by the Spurs would be the SF/PF version of Nephew (SG/SF),with the ability to guard 1-5 at a DPOY level,with a reliable 3pt shot and jumper-adding court vision+durability to Nephew's version.
That's an amazing player with GOAT potential.

UZER
07-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Laker Lanny back to Laker Nanny.

buttsR4rebounding
07-14-2019, 08:02 PM
My guess is that the Lakers will swing some deal mid-season to bring in another key player. They’ve gone deep to be successful so I think they’ll do all they can to win now before LeBron’s window closes shut. The worst managed team in basketball (except for the Suns perhaps) still gets what they want because of where and who they are.

And Cousins might return to form. He and Davis were pretty good on the Pels together...better than I thought they’d be. I’d love for the Lakers to suck, but my guess is that they won’t. Injuries will be key for a team with no true depth. We’ll see.

The Pels were 27-21 with Cousins and after he went down they finished 21-13. IMO the Lakers are an injury away from a 7th straight year of lottery Bingo.

Ice009
07-15-2019, 01:40 AM

I can agree with that. Giannis would have been my second choice. When I was talking to my friend, you've also got to remember that it was over a year ago when Kawhi asked out, so Giannis wasn't even as good as he is now, but yeah, I'd take a 19 year old Giannis and maybe current Giannis in the Spurs system with the Spurs development staff over Anthony Davis too. It would have been even better to get a hold of him when he was younger, though, like you said. Good call. That would be about it, though, for players I would take in a straight swap. It really sucks losing Kawhi because there was hardly anyone in the NBA I even wanted if I could have traded (hypothetically) for whoever I wanted. I told my friend I really did not want to trade him because there is hardly anyone out there I consider as good/better when we were discussing it, so any trade, we're going to lose big on. It also sucks because he just got back into basketball after not following it for years and became a huge Kawhi fan and started following the Spurs (maybe due to Patty Mills at first because they are both part Aboriginal). He loved Kawhi.

GreekSpursfan
07-15-2019, 07:40 AM
I can agree with that. Giannis would have been my second choice. When I was talking to my friend, you've also got to remember that it was over a year ago when Kawhi asked out, so Giannis wasn't even as good as he is now, but yeah, I'd take a 19 year old Giannis and maybe current Giannis in the Spurs system with the Spurs development staff over Anthony Davis too. It would have been even better to get a hold of him when he was younger, though, like you said. Good call. That would be about it, though, for players I would take in a straight swap. It really sucks losing Kawhi because there was hardly anyone in the NBA I even wanted if I could have traded (hypothetically) for whoever I wanted. I told my friend I really did not want to trade him because there is hardly anyone out there I consider as good/better when we were discussing it, so any trade, we're going to lose big on. It also sucks because he just got back into basketball after not following it for years and became a huge Kawhi fan and started following the Spurs (maybe due to Patty Mills at first because they are both part Aboriginal). He loved Kawhi.

Bottom line, we need a cornerstone piece even if its not AD, Giannis lvl to really contend. I really hope one of the young guys emerges into one but i don't see it.

GreekSpursfan
07-15-2019, 07:41 AM
:tu
A 19 year old Giannis developed by the Spurs would be the SF/PF version of Nephew (SG/SF),with the ability to guard 1-5 at a DPOY level,with a reliable 3pt shot and jumper-adding court vision+durability to Nephew's version.
That's an amazing player with GOAT potential.

Agreed

Ice009
07-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Bottom line, we need a cornerstone piece even if its not AD, Giannis lvl to really contend. I really hope one of the young guys emerges into one but i don't see it.

Yeah, I agree with that too. Who do you think of the current young guys has the most potential?

Mr. Body
07-15-2019, 08:38 AM
My suspicion is Anthony Davis will get sidelined by LeBron's playing style. AD is not actually a competitive player and is probably okay with this, but his dominance may suffer. He'll get a lot of production out of dunks and put backs, but I don't see how the LAL are tons better. It's all down to role players.

RC_Drunkford
07-15-2019, 10:08 AM
AD has played 7 seasons and got to the playoffs twice as the first option while having JRue Holiday on the team and for the 2nd playoff appearance Boogie before the injury as well. LaMarcus got teams to the playoffs by himself. AD is overrated

GreekSpursfan
07-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I agree with that too. Who do you think of the current young guys has the most potential?

Theoretically its Walker but Murray will have the ball in his hands more so i would vote him but Murray hasn't shown me a great bball IQ. White on the other hand has the best bball IQ on both ends out of the bunch but he has limited athleticism. Samanic is a project with the most upside. It's too early to tell. We have to see if they actually improved their game(Murray, Walker) against real competition to see if there is something there.

exstatic
07-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Theoretically its Walker but Murray will have the ball in his hands more so i would vote him but Murray hasn't shown me a great bball IQ. White on the other hand has the best bball IQ on both ends out of the bunch but he has limited athleticism. Samanic is a project with the most upside. It's too early to tell. We have to see if they actually improved their game(Murray, Walker) against real competition to see if there is something there.

I'm really tired of this trope.

Colorado Guard Derrick White posted the second best three-quarter sprint time at 3.08 (97th percentile historically) and tied for the third best standing vertical leap at 35.5 (99th percentile historically). The D2 transfer combo guard was a rather unheralded prospect until this season. White measured 6'4.5 with shoes with a 6'7.5 wingspan which is very similar to the physical measurements of Chicago Bulls guard Jerian Grant, but his athletic testing results are very similar to those of Mike Conley's. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Derrick-White-95407/ ©DraftExpress

Ocotillo
07-15-2019, 03:10 PM

You are right. Thing is, his game is smart, measured and he plays at a pace so his athleticism does not hit you between the eyes like it does Westbrook for example. Derrick should have a long NBA career because while he is athletic, he does not solely rely on it.

GreekSpursfan
07-15-2019, 07:03 PM

In my eyes as a guard you've got to have an explosive first step in order to call you an above average and some cases elite athlete, i don't see it with him. Murray was more explosive than White when they went up against its other.

gambit1990
07-16-2019, 09:57 PM
danny green is in this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_5ZMOnfQj/ :lol

exstatic
07-17-2019, 06:24 AM
In my eyes as a guard you've got to have an explosive first step in order to call you an above average and some cases elite athlete, i don't see it with him. Murray was more explosive than White when they went up against its other.

Thank you for admitting that you’ll ignore actual measurements in favor of your personal definitions

Spurtacular
07-17-2019, 08:19 AM
I do think if AD stays healthy, the Lakers playoff-less streak will end at six.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/23/lakers-to-miss-playoffs-for-6th-consecutive-season-the-longest-streak-in-franchises-history/

Mr. Body
07-17-2019, 08:26 AM
I do think if AD stays healthy, the Lakers playoff-less streak will end at six.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/23/lakers-to-miss-playoffs-for-6th-consecutive-season-the-longest-streak-in-franchises-history/

It should, but I don't see the load for LeBron to carry being any less than last year, maybe even more. He had to play tons, leading him to breaking down, and we've never seen Davis lead a team into a playoff hunt on his own other than maybe once or twice. Production for LBJ and AD will have to be very high and, more important, almost constant.

Atl Spur
07-17-2019, 08:30 AM

No one thought he would either buuuuuuuttttt look at him now! Luka may not be finished growing and definitely isn’t a fully developed product skill wise! Give it a few.......

MultiTroll
07-17-2019, 08:34 AM
danny green is in this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_5ZMOnfQj/ :lol
:lol nicely done

rascal
10-16-2020, 08:57 AM
exactly... they lose either way...lebron plays >40 mins a night and wears down or he's on a load management schedule and they are playing with scrubs when he's off the court

reminds me of the Nash and Dwight lakers

Don't post anymore.

lefty
10-16-2020, 12:45 PM
Nobody wants to compete for championships anymore..

I miss the 90's..
Except Barkley I guess
That was in the 90s right?

widowmaker
10-16-2020, 02:23 PM
Thank god for helicopter crashes.

Marrow
10-19-2020, 10:51 PM
Don't post anymore.

Ok. Do you have any other advice that you feel is important that I could also disregard?

baseline bum
10-20-2020, 02:54 PM
God's Team is back.

Thoughts?

Fuck off Lanny. Still, congrats, glad to see LeBron ring again :bobo

Rummpd
10-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Sham *bubble title

1. Lost two games to injured JV team lite in sham finals
2. Benefited every series key injuries opponents and nebulous fouls early on opposing bigs
3. Dodged two best opponents
4. No travel - except LBJ all the time
5. Gave finals MVP to James who could not even get Fakers in playoffs prior season
6. Took 6 games for 3rd choice “plug and play” coach to start obvious lineup

Enjoy the ultimate asterisk sham title. No one cared or watched as well with ratings down 51 percent.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-26-2020, 11:03 AM
Hard to take too much from this tournament based on the circumstances. But, good for the Lakers. Someone had to win it I suppose.

LkrFan
10-26-2020, 04:20 PM
Fuck off Lanny. Still, congrats, glad to see LeBron ring again :bobo