PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Warriors will reportedly offer Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson max contracts — and it could cost them more than $200 million in taxes

ducks
06-29-2019, 09:27 AM
https://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-durant-klay-thompson-nba-warriors-luxury-tax-free-agents-2019-6?utm_content=buffer99ef1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-sports&fbclid=IwAR0MokDHviHXkbOA9hzPDIW2zOXveP3fO0ZQvhajz mle5y0zmO1k2VmIJ4I

Thread
06-29-2019, 10:23 AM
"I know his Achilles is blown out, and he won't be able to play again for at least a year. And I know he will never be the same again. And I know I snickered & guffawed when Kobe blew out his flip flop, but, this is different."

I'll just bet it is.

FrostKing
06-29-2019, 11:29 AM
https://youtu.be/hgryJhw8SzA

KobesAchilles
06-29-2019, 05:22 PM
Trade Raymond for a 1st rounder and sit out Curry for the year. TANNNK to get that draft pick and solidify a dynasty for the next 5 years.

Millennial_Messiah
06-30-2019, 01:01 AM
Trade Raymond for a 1st rounder and sit out Curry for the year. TANNNK to get that draft pick and solidify a dynasty for the next 5 years.

straight up? lol, this isn't the NFL?

KobesAchilles
06-30-2019, 07:55 AM
straight up? lol, this isn't the NFL?

The dude is done. He ain’t making no more all star games. He can’t shoot the ball worth shit and he doesn’t even play defense anymore. They’d be lucky to even get a 1st rounder for him. They have to take on a contract of course but it’s worth it to get rid of him for something while some people still think he’s good.

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 10:10 AM
The dude is done. He ain’t making no more all star games. He can’t shoot the ball worth shit and he doesn’t even play defense anymore. They’d be lucky to even get a 1st rounder for him. They have to take on a contract of course but it’s worth it to get rid of him for something while some people still think he’s good.
He was fine in the playoffs once he wasn’t fat anymore. He still has plenty left, they could get a lot more than a 1st (unless we’re talking about a high 1st).

KobesAchilles
06-30-2019, 10:57 AM
He was fine in the playoffs once he wasn’t fat anymore. He still has plenty left, they could get a lot more than a 1st (unless we’re talking about a high 1st).

I think the Portland series was his swan song. I’m not sure which team really values him to get more than a 1st for him. He did lose weight and improve his play to be sure as the season progressed. But will he stay motivated once he gets his pay day? He has already shown otherwise once before. I think he has one year left on his contract and then Golden St will have to pay him. I rather move him now then pay him later (or lose him for nothing).

ducks
06-30-2019, 02:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Source: Kevin Durant will announce his free agent decision tonight on his company owned sports business network: .....O

lefty
06-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Source: Kevin Durant will announce his free agent decision tonight on his company owned sports business network: .....O

Se Queda

Capt Bringdown
06-30-2019, 03:10 PM

Without 3 All-Stars to spread the floor his value plummets.

K...
06-30-2019, 03:16 PM
Define Irony.

A publication called "Business Insider" Publishes an article that states that A business is willing to pay an escalating yearly penalty of 200 million over 4 or five years (Throw away $800 million to $1 billion) and not label the article SATIRE.

Bbbbb but because of Silicone Valley

What makes you think they are losing money? It's a pricy and risky asset but it's still a name to sell. Also Durant too is a brand and business, so yes it's business