PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Brogdon to Pacers

lefty
06-30-2019, 05:32 PM
Per Woj

Thread
06-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Thank Christ! I thought he was comin' here. It's quiet here 30 minutes in. That's a good harbinger. It means they had nobody in the back room.

I'm still as a nervous as a queer at a weiner roast.

DAF86
06-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Damn, huge blow for the Bucks.

DC23
06-30-2019, 05:36 PM
4 year $85 million! Wow! Nice pickup for the Pacers.

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 05:37 PM
I thought the Bucks had the ability to match. Have they already said they’re not going to?

06-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Thank Christ! I thought he was comin' here. It's quiet here 30 minutes in. That's a good harbinger. It means they had nobody in the back room.

I'm still as a nervous as a queer at a weiner roast.
Suns got Rubio, Cub

DeadlyDynasty
06-30-2019, 05:39 PM
sucks tbh, wanted him in P&G

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Suns got Rubio, Cub
:lmao god, that’s a terrible signing

Thread
06-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Suns got Rubio, Cub

Even that pisses me off, 140. The fuckers will be tooting about that like it's the 2nd coming. "I said I didn't want him for Phoenix, but, the more I thought about it the more I really wanted him and now we got him. & with our new coaching staff he'll be a better shooter."

I hate these bastards here with a passion that is boundless.

Thread
06-30-2019, 05:45 PM
:lmao god, that’s a terrible signing

Watch the SOB transcend into something upon arrival.

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Even that pisses me off, 140. The fuckers will be tooting about that like it's the 2nd coming. "I said I didn't want him for Phoenix, but, the more I thought about it the more I really wanted him and now we got him. & with our new coaching staff he'll be a better shooter."

I hate these bastards here with a passion that is boundless.
Just curious Cub, why? They’re about as irrelevant as it gets :lol

Thread
06-30-2019, 05:48 PM
Just curious Cub, why? They’re about as irrelevant as it gets :lol

I know, it's a sickness I can't shed.

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 05:49 PM
Watch the SOB transcend into something upon arrival.
I doubt it. If he hasn’t become a reliable shooter after nearly a decade in the NBA he’s not going to, regardless of how great the new coaching staff supposedly is.

This is going to piss Devin Booker off to no end. He wanted his buddy Russell and instead he got a grimy looking Spaniard who can’t shoot.

You should be celebrating this, tbh.

Thread
06-30-2019, 05:52 PM
I doubt it. If he hasn’t become a reliable shooter after nearly a decade in the NBA he’s not going to, regardless of how great the new coaching staff supposedly is.

This is going to piss Devin Booker off to no end. He wanted his buddy Russell and instead he got a grimy looking Spaniard who can’t shoot.

I'll be glad when Russell is off the screen. Hope it holds. If it does it'll be great sports talk radio all day tomorrow.

Kawhitstorm
06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Damn, huge blow for the Bucks.

With the Bucks/Sixers losing Brogdon/ReDick/Mirotic + possibly Butler........Siakam about to lead the Raptors to a 2nd straight chip while Snake rehabs.

Will Hunting
06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
I'll be glad when Russell is off the screen. Hope it holds. If it does it'll be great sports talk radio all day tomorrow.
They’re already saying on ESPN that the Rubio signing takes them out of the Russell sweepstakes. There’s zero chance they get Russell now, not sure if they even have the cap room now to make a competitive offer.

Thread
06-30-2019, 06:03 PM
They’re already saying on ESPN that the Rubio signing takes them out of the Russell sweepstakes. There’s zero chance they get Russell now, not sure if they even have the cap room now to make a competitive offer.

Yep, I just read that same thing on the Suns site. The fans are pissed over there something fearsome. Here's a sample:::

[[[Sarver you have no business owning an NBA team.. There was a real chance to better the team and its future!!
Its clear players are steering clear of you!! Not Monty, not Booker, not, Ayton, not even Tom Chambers in the booth! They don't want anything to do with you! Such an embarrassment!!]]]

baseline bum
06-30-2019, 06:04 PM

If Kidd could learn to shoot threes as a washed up shitbag it's not impossible.

baseline bum
06-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Don't know WTF Milwaukee is thinking letting him walk. Especially after how shit Bledsoe was in the ECF and with them losing Mirotic.

BD24
06-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Don't know WTF Milwaukee is thinking letting him walk. Especially after how shit Bledsoe was in the ECF and with them losing Mirotic.
I don't think they would have had the cap room after resigning Middlhton and Lopez tbh.

spurraider21
06-30-2019, 09:39 PM
I don't think they would have had the cap room after resigning Middlhton and Lopez tbh.
they have all the bird rights...

baseline bum
06-30-2019, 09:40 PM

You don't need cap room to sign your own guys.

BD24
06-30-2019, 09:42 PM
You don't need cap room to sign your own guys.
Still puts you in the luxury cap though if you go over though no?

baseline bum
06-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Still puts you in the luxury cap though if you go over though no?

They would have been $9 million under the luxury tax if they signed Middleton, Lopez, and Brogdon and let Hill walk.

BD24
06-30-2019, 11:47 PM
Well fuck me then lol. They should have resigned him in that case

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2019, 10:42 PM
They would have been $9 million under the luxury tax if they signed Middleton, Lopez, and Brogdon and let Hill walk.

WRONG!

They are currently 2 mill under the tax but if you swap Hill/Robin Lopez's contract (14mill) for Brogdon's (21mill) then they would 5mill into the luxury tax without a replacement for Mirotic/Hill.

baseline bum
07-01-2019, 11:43 PM
WRONG!

They are currently 2 mill under the tax but if you swap Hill/Robin Lopez's contract (14mill) for Brogdon's (21mill) then they would 5mill into the luxury tax without a replacement for Mirotic/Hill.

Luxury tax is what, $139M?

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee_bucks/

Greek Freak $25.8M
Middleton ~$32M
Brogdon ~$20M
Lopez ~$12M
Bledsoe $15.6M
Leuer $9.5M
Ilyasova $7M
Wilson $3M
Divencenzo $2.9M
Hawes $2.0M
Connaughton $1.7M

Comes out to $131.5M. Did Hill have a partial guarantee on that $18M before they waived him to get out of that contract? Why would you even need a Hill replacement if you keep Brogdon and are stuck with Bledsoe?

Kawhitstorm
07-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Luxury tax is what, $139M?

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee_bucks/

Greek Freak $25.8M
Middleton ~$32M
Brogdon ~$20M
Lopez ~$12M
Bledsoe $15.6M
Leuer $9.5M
Ilyasova $7M
Wilson $3M
Divencenzo $2.9M
Hawes $2.0M
Connaughton $1.7M

Comes out to $131.5M. Did Hill have a partial guarantee on that $18M before they waived him to get out of that contract? Why would you even need a Hill replacement if you keep Brogdon and are stuck with Bledsoe?
'

Larry Sanders + Hill have dead salaries (~3mill). As far as Hill, he was playing over Bledsoe in the playoffs so they DO need him especially with Brogdon's injury history.