PDA

View Full Version : Spurs depth chart?

Dhbsr555
06-30-2019, 08:02 PM
I知 pretty sure white will start but I知 hoping walker will get playing time this year any idea how much?

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-30-2019, 08:23 PM
I’m pretty sure white will start but I’m hoping walker will get playing time this year any idea how much? He'll get a lot of minutes in the G league.

cd021
06-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Murray, White, DDR, Gay, LMA
Mill's, Forbes, Walker/Bertans/ Beli, Carroll, Poeltl

TD 21
06-30-2019, 10:00 PM
At the moment, my best guess for the rotation is as follows . . .

Most matchups . . .

Aldridge/Gay/Carroll
DeRozan/Belinelli
Poeltl/Aldridge
Forbes/Mills
Murray/White

Some matchups . . .

Carroll/Gay
DeRozan/Belinelli
Aldridge/Poeltl
Forbes/Mills
Murray/White

I suspect Murray, Gay and Carroll, will all be given more than a few rest games though. Of course, they'll be injuries and random variance (Bertans and Walker over Carroll and Belinelli at times) too.

playblair
06-30-2019, 11:58 PM
murray/white
forbes/walker
derozan/johnson
aldridge/samanic
jakob/eubanks

11-carroll
12-gay
13-bertans
14-belinelli
15-mills
16-wheterspoon
17-metu/blair call up from austin

vavvi
07-01-2019, 04:16 AM
I think Pop will start the season with:
Murray - White - DDR - Gay - LMA
Mills - Forbes - Walker - Carroll - Poeltl
Beli - Bertans

But he'll change it pretty soon.

But I don't see playing Murray-White-DDR-LMA-Poelt for long stretches. That's just spacing suicide.

venitian navigator
07-01-2019, 05:18 AM
I think it will take some time for DJM to be again in the starting line up...and and in any case last season White and Forbes have gained the right to start. Plus one shooter is actually essential for spacing reasons and White has developed a quite good chemistry with LMA.
Imho it will start this way:

White - Forbes - DDR - Gay - LMA
Murray - Mills Carroll - Bertans - Poeltl
Walker - Belli - Johnson - Samanic - Metu

Than it all will develop in the course of the season...but for sure the idea wil be to let Walker take in time Mills and then Forbes place to be paired with our main potential back court young guys (white/DJM) and see how fast Samanic and Johnson can grow...(in the perspectibve to become our sf and pf of the future)...

John B
07-01-2019, 05:23 AM
Depending on match-ups
Murray, White, Demar, Aldridge, Poeltl
Lonnie, Forbes, Gay, Carroll, backup big ? (Eubanks/Metu)
Mills
Semanic, Keldon, Dairy Queen - Austin
I知 hoping they move any of Mills/Belli/Bertans plus left of MLE for Bayne type of bruiser
I知 really hoping White improved his 3pt shooting to replace Forbes at SG
I suspect DDR will be shooting more 3痴 to increase his stock

monty4329
07-01-2019, 06:05 AM
I’m pretty sure white will start but I’m hoping walker will get playing time this year any idea how much?

Unless he has a giant leap forward this summer, Walker cannot play in the NBA.

tbdog
07-01-2019, 06:38 AM
Walker will get his minutes. Murray will have some load management games. Then theres injuries. And I expect Walker starts eating Beli and Mills minutes as the season progresses. We've seen Spurs sophomores often start making regular rotational minutes.

monty4329
07-01-2019, 07:31 AM
Depending on match-ups
Murray, White, Demar, Aldridge, Poeltl
Lonnie, Forbes, Gay, Carroll, backup big ? (Eubanks/Metu)
Mills
Semanic, Keldon, Dairy Queen - Austin
I’m hoping they move any of Mills/Belli/Bertans plus left of MLE for Bayne type of bruiser
I’m really hoping White improved his 3pt shooting to replace Forbes at SG
I suspect DDR will be shooting more 3’s to increase his stock

A starting five where the only half decent 3pt shooter is White....Do you drive a DeLorean?

ismael-robert
07-01-2019, 08:15 AM
He asked for estimate of minutes played but honestly stupid question to ask a bunch of guys in their living rooms that question cause their guess is as good as yours...only the spurs could answer that

John B
07-01-2019, 08:45 AM
A starting five where the only half decent 3pt shooter is White....Do you drive a DeLorean?
:lol:lol Yup and I’ve seen Demar proving his critics wrong and ST bandwagons praising PATFO has done it again :lol

4lifecowboy
07-01-2019, 09:43 AM
No way White and Murray are both starting. They are the only two 1s on the team. Forbes or Walker will start at the 2.

John B
07-01-2019, 11:20 AM
No way White and Murray are both starting. They are the only two 1s on the team. Forbes or Walker will start at the 2.
I think Walker is a 1 or combo guard. He facilitates and needs a shooter with him when he penetrate and suck the defense.