PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lakers waiting for Kawhi will be their downfall

apalisoc_9
06-30-2019, 11:56 PM
No more decent high end role players. Mostly taken now.

The Clippers and Raptors are also both standing still but at least they have enough depth and without a superstar no one is expecting anything from them.

This is a bad move. They must be super confident they'd beat Raps and Clipps but this is extremely unlikely.

07-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Even if they get him, it wouldn't have been worth the risk because they would have been better off getting some high end role players to take pay cuts. You can't win with* no high end role players and that's the situation it's looking like they'll be in this year with or without Kawhi.

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:02 AM
There wasn't anyone for us cept Leonard, ap's. Not after Irving exited the field. Russell was never considered. That was a Media troll. The rest of it is just so much ballast.

We have to hunker down & wait. I'm over here at the house & I'm hunkered. "What's wrong?" - the old lady.

"Nothing." Me

"Did you lose a game, or, money?" Her

"No. Now leave me alone, please." Me

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Even if they get him, it wouldn't have been worth the risk because they would have been better off getting some high end role players to take pay cuts. You can't win no high end role players and that's the situation it's looking like they'll be in this year with or without Kawhi.

Pardon me, 13, but, that's chickenshit. You're insulating yourself in case he comes to the Lakers. GD it, grow up & face it.

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Even if they get him, it wouldn't have been worth the risk because they would have been better off getting some high end role players to take pay cuts. You can't win no high end role players and that's the situation it's looking like they'll be in this year with or without Kawhi.

You don't need (high end role players) if Leonard comes. We just need some hungry black bohemians with hard-on's who want to aspire to a calling. That's what Toronto did, after a fashion.

07-01-2019, 12:20 AM
Pardon me, 13, but, that's chickenshit. You're insulating yourself in case he comes to the Lakers. GD it, grow up & face it.
You know what's chickenshit? You insulating yourself in the reading room while your man Bron misses the playoffs.

Glad your old ass still kicking, though. Couldn't have you miss out on the latest Lakers debacle.

07-01-2019, 12:27 AM
You don't need (high end role players) if Leonard comes. We just need some hungry black bohemians with hard-on's who want to aspire to a calling. That's what Toronto did, after a fashion.Lowry...Siakam...Fred...Jonas was good enough for them to get Gasol.

Toronto was an ECF Roster that swapped Derozen for Kawhi.

LA was a lottery team that sold the farm for AD and are functionally bankrupt when you look at their roster after bron/AD/Kuz. You better hope they at least land Kawhi or assholes are going to be tight in LaLa Land.

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:34 AM
You know what's chickenshit? You insulating yourself in the reading room while your man Bron misses the playoffs.

Glad your old ass still kicking, though. Couldn't have you miss out on the latest Lakers debacle.

You, SOB, you! Layin' in the weeds for me like this. I come sauntering thru there & you bamboozle me, 13. This is an outrage! You SOB!

Thebesteva
07-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Thread is a legend tbh

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 01:01 AM
dont worry lakers, if you don't get kawhi, you'll get dragic.

Thread
07-01-2019, 01:28 AM
Thread is a legend tbh

& another thing when Florida hit I let the AWOL alone...I had no problem letting 'em suffer off site & I never wrote their names down. That fuckin' 13 cleaning my clock of a Sunday evening. Now I can't even relax & enjoy my Sunday night. I'm all upset & put upon. I don't know whether to eat something, or, what to do. My chest is tight & palpitating for heaven's sake!

Millennial_Messiah
07-01-2019, 01:39 AM
we'll give you DeRozan for a 2nd round pick and 1/20th of the sun... deal?

FrostKing
07-01-2019, 01:55 AM
Thread is a legend tbh
Where you been hiding lately?

phxspurfan
07-01-2019, 02:15 AM
There's still Jimmer

johnnymoore
07-01-2019, 02:21 AM
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/1145573120058654720?s=19

Quote:

Kawhi to Lakers rumblings getting stronger & stronger. Iguodala likely to join Lakers after Memphis buyout. Danny Green & Seth Curry in Lakers’ scope. Lakers offered Rondo vet minimum & 24 hours to decide. Lakers on verge of building powerhouse.

Anthony Davis
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Andre Igoudala
Rajon Rondo
Seth Curry
Danny Green
Kyle Kuzma

AlexJones
07-01-2019, 02:37 AM
There wasn't anyone for us cept Leonard, ap's. Not after Irving exited the field. Russell was never considered. That was a Media troll. The rest of it is just so much ballast.

We have to hunker down & wait. I'm over here at the house & I'm hunkered. "What's wrong?" - the old lady.

"Nothing." Me

"Did you lose a game, or, money?" Her

"No. Now leave me alone, please." Me

I want you to be happy for James, old man. He's tying Kobe in the ring count 2 years from now :lol

Rusty
07-01-2019, 04:28 AM
I think he's really going to the Lakers

Chris
07-01-2019, 06:36 AM
There wasn't anyone for us cept Leonard

Look at you salivating over our sloppy #2nds.

Spoiler alert:

Leonard has a huge bush.

baseline bum
07-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Even if they get him, it wouldn't have been worth the risk because they would have been better off getting some high end role players to take pay cuts. You can't win with* no high end role players and that's the situation it's looking like they'll be in this year with or without Kawhi.

I completely disagree. They can do just like Miami did and land quality guys with the MLE the next couple of summers while being set for years with a Leonard + Davis core. Also no Golden State to deal with, no Toronto if Leonard bolts, and Milwaukee and Philly have been pretty badly weakened too. So they'll have an easier path to a title this year than they would in most others. I don't really see Houston taking them down.

Quadzilla99
07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Even if they get him, it wouldn't have been worth the risk

lmao

Thread
07-01-2019, 08:02 AM
I want you to be happy for James, old man. He's tying Kobe in the ring count 2 years from now :lol

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Will Hunting
07-01-2019, 08:10 AM
I completely disagree. They can do just like Miami did and land quality guys with the MLE the next couple of summers while being set for years with a Leonard + Davis core. Also no Golden State to deal with, no Toronto if Leonard bolts, and Milwaukee and Philly have been pretty badly weakened too. So they'll have an easier path to a title this year than they would in most others. I don't really see Houston taking them down.
I don't know why people still try to make the argument that spreading cap space between "quality role players" instead of focusing it on one max level player (of course, I'm talking about someone like Kawhi, not an overpaid max player like Tobias Harris) is the smarter move.

Every team in the last 10-15 years that's built a nucleus of 3-4 elite players (08 Celtics, Lebron's Heat, the Warriors, etc.) has been able to fill out the roster with the MLE, late 1st round picks who are good enough to fill a specific role, and veterans who are ring chasing. A nucleus of Lebron, Kawhi and AD would definitely fall into that bucket.

Raven
07-01-2019, 08:11 AM
I think he's really going to the Lakers

.. i mean... that has always been the plan, wasn't it? I don't see why he wouldn't go through with the plan tbh, he doesn't owe anybody anything..

Thebesteva
07-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Where you been hiding lately?

Havent been hiding. Working emergency now...have no life anymore. Too many piss pans

baseline bum
07-01-2019, 11:38 AM
.. i mean... that has always been the plan, wasn't it? I don't see why he wouldn't go through with the plan tbh, he doesn't owe anybody anything..

He owes the Spurs a season

baseline bum
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
I don't know why people still try to make the argument that spreading cap space between "quality role players" instead of focusing it on one max level player (of course, I'm talking about someone like Kawhi, not an overpaid max player like Tobias Harris) is the smarter move.

Every team in the last 10-15 years that's built a nucleus of 3-4 elite players (08 Celtics, Lebron's Heat, the Warriors, etc.) has been able to fill out the roster with the MLE, late 1st round picks who are good enough to fill a specific role, and veterans who are ring chasing. A nucleus of Lebron, Kawhi and AD would definitely fall into that bucket.

Especially with how the low max salary makes guys like Kawhi incredible bargains while making lower tier players grossly overpaid. Leonard is probably worth at least $50 million but can only make $32 million. No one in his right mind would rather have Malcolm Brogdon + Brook Lopez over Leonard.

InRareForm
07-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Is kawhi just stalling so either Lakers or clippers miss out on other free agents. Uncle Dennis playing chess

Arcadian
07-01-2019, 12:21 PM
& another thing when Florida hit I let the AWOL alone...I had no problem letting 'em suffer off site & I never wrote their names down. That fuckin' 13 cleaning my clock of a Sunday evening. Now I can't even relax & enjoy my Sunday night. I'm all upset & put upon. I don't know whether to eat something, or, what to do. My chest is tight & palpitating for heaven's sake!

Your posts are fucking unreadable. I just scroll past them at this point.

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Is kawhi just stalling so either Lakers or clippers miss out on other free agents. Uncle Dennis playing chess

There was only 1 other FA worth our time:::Irving...& he went early. It's Leonard, or, we're face ass down once & again.

Thread
07-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Your posts are fucking unreadable. I just scroll past them at this point.

You never cottoned to mePERIOD

R. DeMurre
07-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Still plenty of role players out there who would help Lebron & Co: Khem Birch, Darius Miller, Rondo, TJ McConnell, Jerebko...

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Feels like a lock that he's going to the Lakers, unfortunately..one last slap in Pop's face..

DAF86
07-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Feels like a lock that he's going to the Lakers, unfortunately..one last slap in Pop's face..

I guess, in a way. Another way to look at it is that if Kawhi won't resign with a team that fulfilled every single one of his desires and, in top of that, provided him with a good enough team to ring, then Kawhi had this planned all along and there was nothing Pop and the Spurs FO could have done.

Personally, I will give PATFO a much bigger pass if the fucking snake ends up in LA anyway, despite having an entire season of being endlessly sucked up by an entire country.

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2019, 05:29 PM
I guess, in a way. Another way to look at it is that if Kawhi won't resign with a team that fulfilled every single one of his desires and, in top of that, provided him with a good enough team to ring, then Kawhi had this planned all along and there was nothing Pop and the Spurs FO could have done.

Personally, I will give PATFO a much bigger pass if the fucking snake ends up in LA anyway, despite having an entire season of being endlessly sucked up by an entire country.

So would I, nothing they could have done, but Pop tried to prevent both Kawhi and Davis to get to LA, so it would be a slap in the face if they both end up there together:lol

apalisoc_9
07-01-2019, 06:31 PM
If he goes to Lakers, it would be a testement to how much kawhi trust dennis.

From a financial standpoint, kawhi cant get his endorsement wise im both clippers and raptors. From a legacy standpoint its not even a question.

The lakers is where dennis gets to benefit the most.

LkrFan
07-01-2019, 06:42 PM
If he goes to Lakers, it would be a testement to how much kawhi trust dennis.

From a financial standpoint, kawhi cant get his endorsement wise im both clippers and raptors. From a legacy standpoint its not even a question.

The lakers is where dennis gets to benefit the most.

Eat a bag of dicks son :lol

Lakers999
07-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Eat a bag of dicks son :lol

https://twitter.com/rdambition_/status/1145831903137632257?s=21

After this pop will eat the bag of dicks for not trading Kawhi to the lakers when he had a chance too

AlexJones
07-01-2019, 07:28 PM
The fact that they're waiting means they've already got him.

spurraider21
07-01-2019, 07:29 PM
or just that they haven't been ruled out

Thread
07-01-2019, 07:43 PM

There is nobody else, AJ, never was. I'd a waited for Irving, but, they didn't want him. It's either Leonard, or, coffee break is over---back on our heads.

DMC
07-01-2019, 07:45 PM
What downfall? They are in a dumpster fire. You cannot fall down from being down.

DMC
07-01-2019, 07:47 PM
So would I, nothing they could have done, but Pop tried to prevent both Kawhi and Davis to get to LA, so it would be a slap in the face if they both end up there together:lol

Then Pop is coaching Team USA :lol

It's the fuckin' WWE

DMC
07-01-2019, 07:49 PM
There was only 1 other FA worth our time:::Irving...& he went early. It's Leonard, or, we're face ass down once & again.

Even though Irving stepped up in 2016, he's a fuckin' loser. You know it.

Thread
07-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Even though Irving stepped up in 2016, he's a fuckin' loser. You know it.

Of course I know it, D, but, if Leonard ain't coming Irving a been the lone & decent alternative. Christ, next season is LeBron's contract year + another year older. This is it, right now. I want to feel the sun shine on my face 1 last time before I go on "into the dust that is always the end." Is it going to be Kobe good, or, Daddy&Kobe good? No.

Daddy at the 1st one there in IN., at the ropes lookin' for his pop, that look of anguish & consternation on his mug. I was all ready to celebrate, but, seeing that look I just eased on back into the Lazy Boy. "Oh."

Maybe I'd find (it) though as it went along. Maybe.

Thread
07-01-2019, 07:59 PM
What downfall? They are in a dumpster fire. You cannot fall down from being down.

Yep, and if Leonard doesn't come we have to hop back in that fully engulfed dumpster. James, bless his heart, won't go. "I ain't goin'."

DMC
07-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Of course I know it, D, but, if Leonard ain't coming Irving a been the lone & decent alternative. Christ, next season is LeBron's contract year + another year older. This is it, right now. I want to feel the sun shine on my face 1 last time before I go on "into the dust that is always the end." Is it going to be Kobe good, or, Daddy&Kobe good? No.

Daddy at the 1st one there in IN., at the ropes lookin' for his pop, that look of anguish & consternation on his mug. I was all ready to celebrate, but, seeing that look I just eased on back into the Lazy Boy. "Oh."

Maybe I'd find (it) though as it went along. Maybe.
You won't find a better opportunity to put Boston in your rearview until you're on the other side of the grass. There's a power vacuum in the West and if the Lakers don't capitalize on it, they don't have a hair on their balls.

AlexJones
07-01-2019, 09:59 PM
or just that they haven't been ruled out

There is nobody else, AJ, never was. I'd a waited for Irving, but, they didn't want him. It's either Leonard, or, coffee break is over---back on our heads.

The thing is, the Lakers would not be waiting like this if they're not 99.9% sure he's coming.

Lebron+AD+Free agent role players would already be good enough to win a title.

They wouldn't risk letting all the FA's go elsewhere just on the idea that Kawhi MIGHT choose them.

He HAS to choose them. That's the only explanation.

If Kawhi doesn't choose them? They're fucked, and they just wasted Lebron James's age 35 season.

AlexJones
07-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Put it this way: They would NEVER allow themselves to be put in the position where the fallback options are Danny Green and Alex Caruso at the guard positions. Kawhi is 100% coming.

Jeremy
07-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Yep, and if Leonard doesn't come we have to hop back in that fully engulfed dumpster. James, bless his heart, won't go. "I ain't goin'."

Lol, even without Kawhi you still have as good a chance as any team at winning the title this season.

Raven
07-01-2019, 11:49 PM
Put it this way: They would NEVER allow themselves to be put in the position where the fallback options are Danny Green and Alex Caruso at the guard positions. Kawhi is 100% coming.

clearly you haven't been watching the nba much the last two decades

phxspurfan
07-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Nope, they just got Jared Dudley. Championship

Thread
07-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Nope, they just got Jared Dudley. Championship

& the way he waddles around on the court during a game with a blank expression on his face. This is just sickening news.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2019, 12:04 AM
The Lakers will be fine without Kawhi...probably better off in terms of rounding out their roster. If they get him they probably won’t need high end role players when the big 3 are all playing. I could go out there and make wide open shots for them with as much attention as Lebron, AD, and Kawhi will warrant.

The negative for the Lakers is they’ll have 3 stars who will all need to load manage, and no bench or role players to turn to in order to provide that. Toronto has a decent core, a weaker conference, and only had Kawhi to cater to. LA will be fighting for playoff position in the West, will have 3 stars who will need to be rested, and no depth. Kawhi will face a much different situation should he choose the Lakers.

Vegas is making the Lakers the odds on favorites for the title, but I sure wouldn’t bet on them.

And if I’m Kawhi, I’m staying out East. No team there has risen that much, and I think their stiffest competition, the Bucks and Sixers, got slightly weaker. Boston improves on paper, but I’d still favor Toronto in a playoff matchup. Let the West beat each other up again, be King of the East, and get another Finals appearance.

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 01:33 PM
The Lakers will be fine without Kawhi...probably better off in terms of rounding out their roster. If they get him they probably won’t need high end role players when the big 3 are all playing. I could go out there and make wide open shots for them with as much attention as Lebron, AD, and Kawhi will warrant.

The negative for the Lakers is they’ll have 3 stars who will all need to load manage, and no bench or role players to turn to in order to provide that. Toronto has a decent core, a weaker conference, and only had Kawhi to cater to. LA will be fighting for playoff position in the West, will have 3 stars who will need to be rested, and no depth. Kawhi will face a much different situation should he choose the Lakers.

Vegas is making the Lakers the odds on favorites for the title, but I sure wouldn’t bet on them.

And if I’m Kawhi, I’m staying out East. No team there has risen that much, and I think their stiffest competition, the Bucks and Sixers, got slightly weaker. Boston improves on paper, but I’d still favor Toronto in a playoff matchup. Let the West beat each other up again, be King of the East, and get another Finals appearance.

You assume no decent role players will bandwagon with them. Don't underestimate the show, the same way the Heatles had. People will want to go on tour with them, valuable people. They will also want to live the glamorous LA life.