Genovaswitness
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
wishful thinking especially after we shit all over and broke up the heatles

benefactor
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
multiplesauces.gif

MultiTroll
07-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Another couple of no talent attention whores.
:lol todays NBA media

cool cat
I know Cowherd is a spurs hater but for the most part I thought Broussard respected us. Disappointing.

Chucho
What point in the season does he dust off the annual "it's the Spurs doing Spurs things" fallback?

cd98
07-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Certainly is possible. We barely made it last year. It all depends on how well the young players play.

benefactor
07-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Ah, the annual ritual has begun.
Still my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYfQQJs98aQ

cool cat
07-01-2019, 12:34 PM
What point in the season does he dust off the annual "it's the Spurs doing Spurs things" fallback?

When it's March and they are on their 10 game winning streak and in the hunt for homecourt spot in the playoffs.

Dverde
07-01-2019, 12:35 PM
With our depth I think playoffs are very likely. Won’t win the conference, but we should make it.

DeadlyDynasty
07-01-2019, 12:38 PM
They could make the 2nd round, but players like DeRozan and Mills will get heavy minutes so obviously there's a ceiling

Dverde
07-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Media pooping on the Spurs extra hard. I don’t recall anyone saying Luka was the “steal of the draft”.

TDomination
07-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Cool!

weve heard it so many times it’s become boring

we have heard it every year since Duncan left.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2019, 12:42 PM
I mean, he’s not wrong.

Blackhaus
07-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Hey at least someone mentioned the spurs, first time I’ve heard their name called in months. Was starting to think they got kicked out of the nba.

Blackhaus
07-01-2019, 12:44 PM
I mean, he’s not wrong. smdh

Blackhaus
07-01-2019, 12:45 PM
I mean, he’s not wrong. smdh

R. DeMurre
07-01-2019, 12:47 PM
I mean, he’s not wrong.

Didn't you say that last year?

MoSpur02
07-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Isn't he the one who just said Seth Curry was going to sign with the Lakers??? The same Seth Curry who just signed with Dallas?

Hoops Czar
07-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Must not have gotten the memo that the Spurs picked up DeMarre Caroll

toki9
07-01-2019, 12:51 PM
He's calling it on July 1st? Feels earlier than usual.

FkLA
07-01-2019, 12:52 PM
:lol idiot

Spurs are winning the West unless Nephew joins the Lakers. Top 4 seed regardless.

Blackhaus
07-01-2019, 12:53 PM
A moron saying stupid things, nothing to see here....move along

DAF86
07-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Lakers, Thunder, Clippers, Spurs. There you have 9 teams that very likely will be over 46 wins. Then you have teams like the Kings, Mavs, Wolves and maybe even Pels that could get on the fight.

Spurs missing the playoffs wouldn't be anything too crazy, tbh.

Texas_Ranger
07-01-2019, 12:57 PM
can't wait to prove him wrong and finish 8th and then get swept.

spurraider21
07-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Lakers, Thunder, Clippers, Spurs. There you have 9 teams that very likely will be over 46 wins. Then you have teams like the Kings, Mavs, Wolves and maybe even Pels that could get on the fight.

Do we break 65 wins if Bertans starts, tbh?

GreekSpursfan
07-01-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm afraid being a complete realist i agree with him and i wouldn't consider it a bad thing tbh. Lottery here we come.

Kurgan
07-01-2019, 01:08 PM

They were close to missing out last year and were ready to bust out the Murray injury excuse to the fans/media. This year, with everyone healthy, they have no excuse if they struggle. This is the team they built. If they don't make playoffs, PATFO need to have some accountability for once.

lmbebo
07-01-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm afraid being a complete realist i agree with him and i wouldn't consider it a bad thing tbh. Lottery here we come.

Next years lotto class supposed to be weak

Its possible to make the playoffs, yes. Possible Golden state doesn't do as well next year. Russell is no Durant or Klay. Warriors got weaker dumping Iguodala.

Clippers went into tank mode last year and surprised teams. Who is to say that they do as well this year if they don't get Quitter.

Injuries also happen.

DAF86
07-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Do we break 65 wins if Bertans starts, tbh?

If Bertans plays around 25 minutes per game we would probably be as good as we can be, tbh. 50+ wins.

superbigtime
07-01-2019, 01:12 PM
can't wait to prove him wrong and finish 8th and then get swept.

oh the satisfaction

weebo
07-01-2019, 01:14 PM
I think this year's team is going to surprise a lot of people...I actually like the make up of this team...mostly because the young guys (DJ, WIV and DW) will infuse this team with youth and athleticism...they should be better on all facets

John B
07-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Are the Spurs better than last year? Yep
Who got better? Spurs, Lakers, Trailblazers, Jazz, Pelicans
Who got worse? Warriors, Rockets, Clippers (will lose Beverly)

Lakers - if they get 8-9 caliber players. If not, could fall to 5-7
Nuggets
Trailblazers
Spurs
Jazz
Thunder
Warriors
Rockets

Kings
Clippers
Mavericks
Timberwolves
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Suns

No way Spurs miss playoffs!

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Didn't you say that last year?
No, DeMarre.

Everyone and their mothers knew regular season champion DeRozan was going to be good enough for us to avoid the lottery and get slapped around in the first round.

Budkin
07-01-2019, 01:19 PM
They say the same fucking thing almost every year, and they continue to be wrong. Every year.

Mugen
07-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Nuggets
Trailblazers
Spurs
Jazz
Thunder
Warriors
Rockets

Kings
Clippers
Mavericks
Timberwolves
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Suns

Beverly re-signed with the Clippers tbh. Though, I agree that unless they land Nephew, they will probably fall out of the playoffs.

John B
07-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Beverly re-signed with the Clippers tbh. Though, I agree that unless they land Nephew, they will probably fall out of the playoffs.
:lol:lol There goes another player not going to be a Laker. Tic tac tic tac :lol:lol

Kool Bob Love
07-01-2019, 01:22 PM
He’s right. Fire Coach Pop and send drink&drive RC to prison.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2019, 01:23 PM
He’s right. Fire Coach Pop and send drink&drive RC to prison.

JeffDuncan
07-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Such a shame, we'll miss the playoffs again, for the 23rd year in a row.....

Atl Spur
07-01-2019, 01:32 PM
I will take a bet ( money ) from any clown thinking we don’t make the playoffs; no bluff! Not to exceed 2,000 usd. I’m waiting.....BOAT

Atl Spur
07-01-2019, 01:33 PM
You got cash app I hope��������

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Hopefully

ulosturedge
07-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Murray back, White another year under his belt as well as Walker. If he was talking about not going deep in the playoffs I'd understand, but to not make the playoffs eh. That probably should have been last year with the bad timing of Dejounte's injury, but we still made it. I see us upticking with the musical chairs so far in free agency.

KobesAchilles
07-01-2019, 01:40 PM
If Kawhi re-signs with the Raps then we are a lock to make the playoffs. Houston is about to have a midsession implosion like you wouldn’t believe next year. I’m expecting Dantoni to be fired by December and Morey by the end of the year. Also Chris Paul is getting traded. I don’t know for who or how but he’s getting traded. The Pelicans and the Grizzles just aren’t ready to compete yet. And Poringod is still hurt and won’t return to form until atleast March. The rest of the West don’t matter bc we are going to win our division this coming year.

I only brought up Kawhi bc if he doesn’t sign with the west then we still make the playoffs since the worst I see us in our division is second and the Clips won’t surprise anyone this year and should have a fall from grace.

look_at_g_shred
07-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Ok

sananspursfan21
07-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Good. The moment we go an off-season without some bonehead saying it, streak snapped. I wonder what is reasoning is tbh. Pop’s still here, they didn’t lose anyone to free agency, they gained (albeit small), only team making a big leap out west is LA (which remains to be seen what the dividends will be), not to mention Murray will be back. Without knowing what he has to say, which I’m sure is a load of crap, I can’t really guess what his reasoning is beyond him just making a statement based on being annoyed with our guys doing it every year.

dbreiden83080
07-01-2019, 01:58 PM
And then when the pieces nobody is talking about produce, Spurs are back to being the best Org in the game.

ZeusWillJudge
07-01-2019, 02:19 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day. These jackasses haven't been right in 20 years.

Keepin' it real
07-01-2019, 02:31 PM
I guess that settles it. See y'all in 2020.

GreekSpursfan
07-01-2019, 02:31 PM
And then when the pieces nobody is talking about produce, Spurs are back to being the best Org in the game.

Spurs were always the best org in the game, we never lost that, an ungrateful uncle just decided to stab us in the back. Murray is a complete unknown at this point and he comes back from a significant injury, we drafted two young players that i expect nothing from next year and we got Caroll. So we basically remain the same and might get the same Murray back or even a worse version because of his injury. Obviously i hope the best possible version of Murray but right now as we speak the Spurs are the same as last year while all our competitors got better and potentially a lot better some of them and their young pieces might make strides towards greatness(Doncic, Fox, Bagley) just as we hope with Murray. As it stands i would bet that we're missing the playoffs.

Larry O
07-01-2019, 02:38 PM
YUP... every year, they keep pouring dirt on the Spurs, & every year the Phoenix Rises to burn them every time! It looks like it's going to be another competitive season coming up, which will be exciting for the fans! I can anticipate some close races, especially for those bottom seeds. Hoping with DJ being back, & most of the new guys having a year's experience under their belts, as well as some of the new additions, this will keep this team competitive. It seems that this is the goal which PATFO continues to do every year, up to this point. It doesn't seem that they have thrown in the competitive towel yet, so barring injuries, this team should make the playoffs again. BUT, what playoff round they could exit from, is the million dollar question. It will depend on how the West will play out once the #2 signing drama ends. UGG! Aldridge & De Rozen... that's another story as the Spurs try to get over the hump with them, but the 2019-2020 season will be interesting! GSG!!!

kobyz
07-01-2019, 02:41 PM
he already backpaddled from that statement...

Hoops Czar
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
:lol idiot

Spurs are winning the West unless Nephew joins the Lakers. Top 4 seed regardless.

He's the idiot, not Spurs fans claiming the Spurs will win the west.

UZER
07-01-2019, 02:51 PM
The Spurs will be better this year, significantly better. I just hope Pop pulls his head out of his ass, like the Patty Forbes combo.

But if they just keep saying the Spurs will miss the playoffs every year, one of these years they’re going to be right.

acoelho1
07-01-2019, 03:44 PM
These talking heads don't know much about basketball and I'm loving it that the Spurs are no where in the playoff conversation. We will be significantly improved from last year when adding Murray into the equation where he's had 2 off seasons to improve his shooting. His all-defense capabilities should make the Spurs top 3 in the league on that side of the ball.

Also, White shooting 500 jumpers everyday should translate to significant improvement on his 3pt shot. His defense is elite as well and with Murray, they should be able to terrorize any back court in the league. Walker is the wild card and if he makes a leap this year, we could make a championship run. Don't forget that DDR should be better in his 2nd year in the Spurs system. I like our team and our chances over anyone in the west.

rjv
07-01-2019, 03:52 PM

especially with broussard. such a know-nothing front runner.

TimDunkem
07-01-2019, 04:01 PM
They could make the 2nd round, but players like DeRozan and Mills will get heavy minutes so obviously there's a ceiling

Pretty much this. Perpetual NBA purgatory team until the deadweights are gone.

rjv
07-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Certainly is possible. We barely made it last year. It all depends on how well the young players play.

certainly, there are possibilities that the spurs don't make it but that would be a matter of staying healthy more than anything else. one would have to say that in for certain are: 1) Lakers 2) Portland 3) Utah 4) Houston (although they will fall) 5) Golden State 6) Denver 7) OKC and then that leaves the remaining slot. i think one can rule out sacramento (may even drop a bit, phoenix (new coach, no clear direction) right off the bat and the wolves (may be really bad). so, that would entail three teams that would be the pelicans, the mavs and the spurs and broussard is likely banking on the pelicans. but even one of the teams i listed as being in could slip out as they are not sure fire winners. the clippers would be one of the maybe/maybe not teams if leonard leaves them at the altar and OKC is on the fringes of a break down if this is the year tha they can't get it together. broussard may not be hating on the spurs, after all. he may just be thinking that the spurs are too young at this point. of course, it's broussard so there's just as likely a chance he doesn't know jack about the spurs.

John B
07-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Spurs are left without Kawhi. So Spurs would miss out. That’s the narrative. It sells air time.

Prime BEEF
07-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Assuming the roster stays the same, I think ceiling is 5th seed and the floor is 10th. Possibly could miss the playoffs but I don’t think it’s probable

Assuming Kawhitter goes to the clippers...

1)Utah
2)Denver
3)LA Clippers
4)Portland
5)New Orleans
6)OKC
7)San Antonio
8)Houston
9)LA Lakers
10)GS
11)Dallas

FkLA
07-01-2019, 05:50 PM
The LMA/DD duo isn't the elite duo some other teams have, but they also won't be surrounded by trash like those other duos. The depth of this team is seriously being underrated. 3 through 10, probably only DEN compares and they don't even have a #2 to go alongside Jokic (lol Jamal Murray). They also don't have the GOAT coach coaching them. The biggest weakness I see is Pop's love affair with Wombat. He's the 11th/12th best player on the team but will probably get 6th man minutes, unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm actually pretty confident that Belli will be moved or relegated to being a bench warmer, tbh.

Jsmythe
07-01-2019, 06:03 PM
I think the playoff locks are: Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz. All of these teams had 50+ wins last season and either stayed the same or improved.

Almost locks are Lakers and Rockets. Most would say these are locks but we don't yet know who will be on the Lakers and whether Lebron and AD can remain injury-free. Houston seems to be on the verge of imploding if Chris Paul and James Harden can't get along.

Assuming both the Lakers and Rockets get into the playoffs, that leaves 3 final spots. Fighting for these spots will be the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Clippers, and Kings.

The Warriors lost KD, Klay (to injury), Iguodala, and maybe Livingston (retirement) and Looney (free agency). They picked up D'Angelo Russell. If you look at their roster, it doesn't seem very intimidating. It's basically just Curry, D'lo, and Draymond with a bunch of role players.
The Thunder have the same team back, so they are in good shape to make the playoffs if Westbrook stays healthy.
The Clippers are a mystery because they seemed to do better after they traded away Tobias Harris. It remains to be seen if they can keep up their good play from the end of last season with so little talent. This assumes they won't get Kawhi, which seems likely at this point.
The Kings upgraded their roster with Harrison Barnes, Dewayne Dedmon, Trevor Ariza, and Cory Joseph. They will definitely be better than last year but they only had 39 wins last year and the other teams in this group all had 48+ wins. Can they improve enough? Maybe.
The Spurs have the same team but with Murray back, White a year more experienced, and LW4 possibly breaking out. With 48 wins last year, I think they can get 50 wins next year. I think that should be good enough to get into the playoffs.

Among the other teams, the Mavs could be good except Porzingis will miss at least half the year. The Grizzlies and Pelicans have nice young talent but both are in the first year of rebuilding. The Timberwolves and Suns I think will be at the bottom of the west.

If I had to guess, I think the Clippers and Kings will be the 9th and 10th teams in the west, with the Warriors taking the 8th seed through sheer determination by Curry.

buujness
07-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Just setting up the narrative for Pop to win COTY, tbh.

Raven
07-01-2019, 06:45 PM
I could see the argument the last bunch of years, I don't see it this year, with the west getting considerably weaker and the spurs getting murray back and standing pat.

Rosewood
07-01-2019, 06:48 PM
He's the idiot, not Spurs fans claiming the Spurs will win the west. Both idiots.

Spurs are making playoffs, you're just here to troll tbh.

crc21209
07-01-2019, 06:51 PM
The LMA/DD duo isn't the elite duo some other teams have, but they also won't be surrounded by trash like those other duos. The depth of this team is seriously being underrated. 3 through 10, probably only DEN compares and they don't even have a #2 to go alongside Jokic (lol Jamal Murray). They also don't have the GOAT coach coaching them. The biggest weakness I see is Pop's love affair with Wombat. He's the 11th/12th best player on the team but will probably get 6th man minutes, unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm actually pretty confident that Belli will be moved or relegated to being a bench warmer, tbh.

I’m all for trying to move Beli to try and free up some minutes for the young guns. However...Beli does bring an offensive punch off the bench sometimes when the offense is struggling.

r0drig0lac
07-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Just setting up the narrative for Pop to win COTY, tbh.

GreekSpursfan
07-01-2019, 07:20 PM

If you're saying (lol Jamal Murray) then someone might say (double lol Derrick White, your guy) for being severely outplayed in the series. Jaml Murray has a bigger ceiling than White, if he can reach it is beside point. He can shoot of the dribble, more athletic, can actually shoot the three unlike White, he's creative attacking the basket. Murray has the potential to become a No2, White on the other hand is more like a No3.

Barfunk
07-01-2019, 07:48 PM
I predicted Spurs would go 6th last season, but made 7th. We're making the playoffs again, and I'm going with 5th this time.

Barfunk
07-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Chris Broufucktard is yet another faggot Spurs hater by the way.

slick'81
07-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Spurs def not missing the playoffs barring injury of course

Leetonidas
07-01-2019, 07:53 PM

I agree. As long as Murray comes back and plays decently and White continues to improve, Spurs have a pretty deep roster. Spurs have go 12 deep at least imo. Our real problem is our 1 and 2 are soft and play an archaic style and some of the guys who should be the 11th and 12th men are the 6th or 8th (Mills/Belinelli)

offset formation
07-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Jesus told him so it must be true.

offset formation
07-01-2019, 08:06 PM

Lakers, Thunder, and Clippers are all questionable. Whichever LA team that doesn't get Kawhi is not making the playoffs.

Thunder are likely worse this year than last.

FkLA
07-01-2019, 08:13 PM
If you're saying (lol Jamal Murray) then someone might say (double lol Derrick White, your guy) for being severely outplayed in the series. Jaml Murray has a bigger ceiling than White, if he can reach it is beside point. He can shoot of the dribble, more athletic, can actually shoot the three unlike White, he's creative attacking the basket. Murray has the potential to become a No2, White on the other hand is more like a No3.

Jamal Murray is trash and now owns the worst contract in the NBA. He's an inefficient chucker with Mills-level defense. Is he a better pure scorer than White? Probably but White is and always will be the better player. Just lol at him having the "potential" to be a #2. For a weak ass pretender team maybe. :lol

It's like saying you'd take a pure scorer like Kevin Martin over a younger Nephew (the 12-16 PPG guy not the offensive monster he is now).

FkLA
07-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Also, Jamal Murray is not more athletic. Not even fucking close.

itzsoweezee
07-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Reasonable take considering that the Mavs, Lakers, and pelicans have all gotten better, as did most of the other Western conference playoff teams. If kawhi goes to the clippers, the Spurs' postseason chances probably drop below 50%.

LittleCriminal
07-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Spurs will get the 2nd seed..
Book it!!

LittleCriminal
07-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Spurs will get the 2nd seed..
Book it!!

ElNono
07-01-2019, 08:32 PM
I hope so! So we can get a solid pick for a change... stop spinning wheels, tbh

itzsoweezee
07-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Pretty much this. Perpetual NBA purgatory team until the deadweights are gone.

Yup, a wasted season

Uriel
07-01-2019, 08:36 PM
I can't wait to see the look on their faces when the Spurs win 50+ games and get home court in the first round :lol

cjw
07-01-2019, 08:39 PM
People have been saying this since at least 2011

The longest active streak besides the Spurs is 2013

Let that sink in for a second. People have been doubting the Spurs making the playoffs for longer than any other team’s playoff streak

EricB
07-01-2019, 08:58 PM

This fan base is amazing I tell ya.

JeffDuncan
07-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it's looking terrible. The Spurs may be the only team in the NBA with a losing record this year. That'll put us at, let's see, 42 times 29, omg we're going to lose 1,218 games this season!

99 Problems
07-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Media just move on from the GSW will win it all to the next circus without missing a beat.. lol.

DAF86
07-01-2019, 09:41 PM
This fan base is amazing I tell ya.

Why, because we aren't fucking blind homers? :lol

Dude, you do realize that we were the 7th seed last season not a top 3 team, right? :lol I'm not saying the Spurs won't make the playoffs, just that it wouldn't be anything crazy if they didn't. They are far from being a sure thing. They will be in the fight with teams like the Thunder, Clippers (if they don't get Kawhi), Kings and some other teams.

Chucho
07-01-2019, 09:41 PM
I can't wait to see the look on their faces when the Spurs win 50+ games and get home court in the first round :lol

Seriously. The Spurs give up about 5 to 10 games easily, every season. The Spurs should have won 50-53 games last year, but Pop does Pop things. This year's team is already better on paper so long DeJuante comes back at even 75% of his 2018 form, we'll win at least 3 to 5 more games than past season realistically.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2019, 09:43 PM
seems like media narative is to stomp on the spurs while they are still down...

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2019, 10:00 PM
The San Antonio Spurs have missed the playoffs in 4 out of 46 seasons.

callo1
07-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Honestly, at this point, I see Portland missing out, based on their roster as it stands now. I think the window while not shut, has closed a bit on Houston, again, that is as far as right now.

I see Utah moving into a playoff spot.

As far as the Spurs go, I see no way that they don't make the playoffs per the norm.

cjw
07-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Yeah, it's looking terrible. The Spurs may be the only team in the NBA with a losing record this year. That'll put us at, let's see, 42 times 29, omg we're going to lose 1,218 games this season!

If every single other team went 42-40, that’d put you at 12-70.

But could go 40-42 if all other teams except one were 41-41 (top at 42-40).

spurs1990
07-01-2019, 10:26 PM
The Streak is going to come to an end someday. Might as well throw this out every year and eventually they'll get it right.

EricB
07-02-2019, 12:51 AM
Why, because we aren't fucking blind homers? :lol

Dude, you do realize that we were the 7th seed last season not a top 3 team, right? :lol I'm not saying the Spurs won't make the playoffs, just that it wouldn't be anything crazy if they didn't. They are far from being a sure thing. They will be in the fight with teams like the Thunder, Clippers (if they don't get Kawhi), Kings and some other teams.

They were a 7th seed due to a shit load of injuries and a completely new roster.

but yeah they’re shit so why bother watching.

tbdog
07-02-2019, 01:27 AM
There will be injury bugs. Those teams fight to get into the playoffs. Hopefully it's our turn to stay healthy.

East could be a shit show again of Leonard leaves. A three horse race. But look at these teams: Bulls, Knicks, Hornets, Cavs, Hawks. My god.

venitian navigator
07-02-2019, 01:39 AM
A lot of west teams have improved their roster...and some have big big problems...but the latter's are teams so talented in their main men (GS, Houston) that is difficult to see them not making the play offs...

dg7md
07-02-2019, 05:52 AM
I hope so. Maybe we'll get a good lottery pick out of it. No sense in acting like we have a shot to ring with this roster.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-02-2019, 07:33 AM

The west will be a dogfight. I think the conference is getting pretty even in terms of talent. There will be some very good teams missing the playoffs this year.

Prime BEEF
07-02-2019, 07:36 AM

Unless there are a ton of injuries to other teams, no way this happens. The spurs will not be a top 4 seed in the west with this roster. Yes we get Murray back but a lot of teams in the west improved too

picnroll
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Spurs chances are entirely dependent on return and improvement of Murray and improvement of White and Walker which are a complete guess and hope right now. Virtually all the lower other end of playoff and just out of the playoffs teams in the West have made unequivocal improvements through free agents and in the case of NO the draft and free agents. And injuries of course.

SAGirl
07-02-2019, 07:48 AM
I am positive about the Spurs making the playoffs unless injuries decimate them but injuries can decimate anybody.

They may not have the highest ceiling, but also don't have the lowest currently and can even surprise some media that doesn't really follow them bc they have some promising less hyped up talent bc Pop hides them in the Gleague for a time and they need to get over themselves first etc. They add depth this season which helps win games in the regular season. I truly don't think they will miss the playoffs, what happens afterwards tho, that's the question.

Now, should they miss the playoffs, they need to reexamine that LMA-Demar core tbh.

bigfan
07-02-2019, 07:55 AM
I believe the Spurs are good enough on paper to make the playoffs if they stay healthy, after that no idea. No superstar caliber players but our starters are good and we still have the best coach in NBA history.

Rummpd
07-02-2019, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=bigfan;9860308]I believe the Spurs are good enough on paper to make the playoffs if they stay healthy, after that no idea. No superstar caliber players but our starters are good and we still have the best coach in NBA history.

You really believe best coach ever? Sitting Duncan against Heat ruined that alone...

YGWHI
07-02-2019, 08:38 AM

Nuggets
Trailblazers
Spurs
Jazz
Thunder
Warriors
Rockets

Kings
Clippers
Mavericks
Timberwolves
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Suns

Exactly! While Mavs Pels Suns and Kings play in the Western Conference...the Spurs will make the playoffs every f*cking year!

Atl Spur
07-02-2019, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=bigfan;9860308]I believe the Spurs are good enough on paper to make the playoffs if they stay healthy, after that no idea. No superstar caliber players but our starters are good and we still have the best coach in NBA history.

You really believe best coach ever? Sitting Duncan against Heat ruined that alone...

Best coach vs Perfect coach are two different things....... it’s pretty much recognized here on planet earth Pop is the best coach.:)

DAF86
07-02-2019, 09:48 AM
They were a 7th seed due to a shit load of injuries and a completely new roster.

Never said they were shit, so I don't know why you say that.

"Shit load of injuries"? Murray for the whole season, White for a bit and Gay for another one? That's hardly a shit load of injuries. That's just about common for every NBA team. A shit load of injuries would be having your go to players getting injured, tbh. And the Spurs were lucky on that regard last season.

Look, nobody is saying that the Spurs are shit, just that there is a lot of competition in the West. Admitting that doesn't make any of us less of a fan, tbh.

R. DeMurre
07-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Bobby Marks of ESPN predicted that the Warriors won't make the playoffs next season, either. I'm looking forward to next year more than any other season in recent memory... the field is wide open, and a dozen teams have a legit shot at a championship.

SAGirl
07-02-2019, 10:38 AM

"Shit load of injuries"? Murray for the whole season, White for a bit and Gay for another one? That's hardly a shit load of injuries. That's just about common for every NBA team. A shit load of injuries would be having your go to players getting injured, tbh. And the Spurs were lucky on that retard last season.

Look, nobody is saying that the Spurs are shit, just that there is a lot of competition in the West. Admitting that doesn't make any of us less of a fan, tbh.

I have to agree with you here. Injuries are part of the game and you hardly expect to have your 15 men in the regular roster available all 82 games. There will be games/minutes lost to injury every season. You only hope that the injuries are not to your main guys or not season ending.

Murray was important to last season's team for sure, but White (who had not been a factor the season prior) emerged a staring caliber player and a very good option last year. I can't quantify him vs. Murray (I'd leave that to the player fans in the site, and the ones who like to stir controversy, bc I personally have never cared about intra-team rivalry tbh).... Anyways, point is, Murray getting injured was a blow, but not a fatal one due to White stepping up.

Rudy Gay is going to be injured every season tbh. He will miss games here and there and will need load management. Not a guy you can play every night for 30 minutes for 80 games a year. They knew that going in, and this season got further depth in both Samanic and Carroll to help out.

What the Spurs got last season in terms of injuries was about average or expected. I do hope their young guys stay healthy next season and we can see them play together to see how they fit next to each other, plus just watch some of the truly new guys in the team develop into rotation players like Walker. There is always the hope that someone of the unknowns has a better season than expected too.

Anyways, I am rambling, but just wanted to agree with you that in terms of injuries the Spurs were average last year. We just aren't going to see the full 15 men remain available for all 82 games.

playbonner15
07-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Why we talking about playoffs at this time :lol

coachmac87
07-02-2019, 12:37 PM
It’s all recently bias...

Spurs took the Nuggets to a game 7 (barley lost). And tbh choked away game 2 of the series in which cost them from advancing.

With them not making early noise in the off-season and other teams “making moves” they’ll get moved down the poll. Yet we did all that without our point guard and 20+ games without White.

Just a vanilla take from a vanilla mainstream media head

tmtcsc
07-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Nuggets, Utah, Blazers, Houston should make it for sure. The rest of the West will be a battle for 4 spots -

Six teams: Spurs, Lakers, Pelicans, Warriors, Kings, Clippers will likely compete for the remaining slots.

bklynspursfan
07-02-2019, 01:06 PM
I have to agree with you here. Injuries are part of the game and you hardly expect to have your 15 men in the regular roster available all 82 games. There will be games/minutes lost to injury every season. You only hope that the injuries are not to your main guys or not season ending.

Murray was important to last season's team for sure, but White (who had not been a factor the season prior) emerged a staring caliber player and a very good option last year. I can't quantify him vs. Murray (I'd leave that to the player fans in the site, and the ones who like to stir controversy, bc I personally have never cared about intra-team rivalry tbh).... Anyways, point is, Murray getting injured was a blow, but not a fatal one due to White stepping up.

Rudy Gay is going to be injured every season tbh. He will miss games here and there and will need load management. Not a guy you can play every night for 30 minutes for 80 games a year. They knew that going in, and this season got further depth in both Samanic and Carroll to help out.

What the Spurs got last season in terms of injuries was about average or expected. I do hope their young guys stay healthy next season and we can see them play together to see how they fit next to each other, plus just watch some of the truly new guys in the team develop into rotation players like Walker. There is always the hope that someone of the unknowns has a better season than expected too.

Anyways, I am rambling, but just wanted to agree with you that in terms of injuries the Spurs were average last year. We just aren't going to see the full 15 men remain available for all 82 games.

Nope. Then we'd be the Warriors of 15-18 (sans this last playoff run of course lol)

DAF86
07-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Nope. Then we'd be the Warriors of 15-18 (sans this last playoff run of course lol)

Curry missed entire playoffs' series in that span. It's just that they were so good/stacked that it didn't make a difference.

itzsoweezee
07-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Nuggets, Utah, Blazers, Houston should make it for sure. The rest of the West will be a battle for 4 spots -

Six teams: Spurs, Lakers, Pelicans, Warriors, Kings, Clippers will likely compete for the remaining slots.

You forgot OKC, and Dallas will also be battling.

SAGirl
07-02-2019, 01:50 PM
I'll say it here bc it's an appropriate thread. If they don't make the playoffs with a healthy LMA and Derozan (for the most part) they really need to reconsider these two. It would have sucked to want to remain competitive and not achieve it, but the league only just got less loaded at the top, not more. Some teams got better but not to superteam status (yet to be seen with Kiwi decision). If they don't advance it's only due to them sucking... barring catastrophic injuries of course.

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-02-2019, 03:00 PM

White didn't get severely out played by Murray in that series. Murray had some good games as did White, and the numbers show that. Murray played more minutes and had Carte blanche to do whatever he wanted on offense while White played less minutes and was in a more structured situation. I will admit Jamal Murray came up bigger when it mattered but he also had more NBA experience than White and a deeper team.

Why do folks on here have to always exaggerate shit? Lol

Atl Spur
07-02-2019, 03:15 PM
We will be better than last year....... +8 games at least I’m thinking.

LCM
07-02-2019, 04:04 PM
We will be better than last year....... +8 games at least I’m thinking.

Just think of the bone head losses to Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Charlotte (twice), Knicks ... teams we let off the hook Bucks, Raptors, 76ers - all on the road! And the Kings swept the season series! This team can potentially be a 53 to 57 win team. Much depends on Murray returning, White and Lonnie's growth, DeMar and LMA getting theirs but not pitching a fit or hogging the ball if the young players are out shining them, but mostly it's Pop. Pop needs to coach better, get on people's cases, put players in better situations with better game plans. He needs to care more about Spurs basketball then anything else beyond that for the time he has left on that bench.

exstatic
07-02-2019, 04:10 PM

OKC is having a fire sale to cut payroll.

SpursDynasty85
07-02-2019, 04:17 PM

"Shit load of injuries"? Murray for the whole season, White for a bit and Gay for another one? That's hardly a shit load of injuries. That's just about common for every NBA team. A shit load of injuries would be having your go to players getting injured, tbh. And the Spurs were lucky on that regard last season.

Combined with integrating DeRozan in and I believe Murray was going to be groomed into a big part of the offense and mightve been our absolute goto defender, I would say Spurs definitely had some obstacles that arent nornally Spursy so ..

TD 21
07-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Obviously, Scumbag's decision will weigh heavily. With him, the Lakers or Clippers become virtual locks.

As ever, the Spurs will be a popular pick to miss because they don't play the media's game and they don't have a superstar. But the regular season is more so about depth than star power and during it, not being overly reliant on any one player (you could argue Aldridge, particularly if they don't bring in a credible third big, but it's not like he has carry the load Harden does, for example) can actually be an advantage.

The Thunder are the most vulnerable of presumed locks. George and Westbrook will both be coming off surgeries, the latter's decline appeared to commence last season and they're paper thin (Muscala and Burks aren't moving the needle).

slick'81
07-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Obviously, Scumbag's decision will weigh heavily. With him, the Lakers or Clippers become virtual locks.

As ever, the Spurs will be a popular pick to miss because the media doesn't like them since they don't play their game and they don't have a superstar. But the regular season is more so about depth than star power and during it, not being overly reliant on any one player (you could argue Aldridge, particularly if they don't bring in a credible third big, but it's not like he has carry the load Harden does, for example) can actually be an advantage.

The Thunder are the most vulnerable of presumed locks. George and Westbrook will both be coming off surgeries, the latter's decline appeared to commence last season and they're paper thin (Muscala and Burks aren't moving the needle).

Well warriors arent going anywhere juts yet so one team is gonna drop off if kawhi goes to lakers

TD 21
07-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Well warriors arent going anywhere juts yet so one team is gonna drop off if kawhi goes to lakers

The Warriors are in serious jeopardy of missing too. Their defense has been gutted and their depth is even worse than it was.

It's not like it's insane to think the Spurs could miss obviously, but the only teams at the moment who look like surer bets are the Nuggets, Rockets, Trail Blazers and Jazz.

tmtcsc
07-02-2019, 05:06 PM

I sure did. Thanks.

JeffDuncan
07-02-2019, 06:48 PM
I'll say it here bc it's an appropriate thread. If they don't make the playoffs with a healthy LMA and Derozan (for the most part) they really need to reconsider these two. It would have sucked to want to remain competitive and not achieve it, but the league only just got less loaded at the top, not more. Some teams got better but not to superteam status (yet to be seen with Kiwi decision). If they don't advance it's only due to them sucking... barring catastrophic injuries of course.

It depends. If LMA has another year of 21 pts and 9 rebs, and if DDR has another year of 21/6/6 or close to that, it will be very doubtful they are to blame for any lack of success.

Last season the major problem was too many traffic cones on defense. Mills was bad on D (and always will be,) Forbes was bad for most of the year, Beli has never been good on D, and Bertans is unplayable at times (like against Denver's bigs.) With so many of the same players back, there's a danger of too much bad D again. Fingers crossed that Murray and White stay healthy, and Gay, and that Carroll can help.

If you sent a healthy Kevin Durant, in his prime, out on the floor with Mills, Forbes, Beli, and Jeff Ayers, the result would not be pretty. Durant would probably fake an injury and hop on the next flight to Canada.

Supporting cast still matters.

LMA and DDR should be blamed only so far as they are truly to blame.

RC_Drunkford
07-02-2019, 08:08 PM
people try to say this shit all the time. What people forget about last season was that

A. the team had a slow start to the season due to the new roster. It took Pop a long time to figure out the right line ups
B: White was injured for the first 20 games and he wasn't the player that he was in the post season then
C: Spurs had a 9-man rotation which meant once one of those 9 players got injured they had a big problem and would likely lose. This years roster is a lot deeper, even Keldon Johnson might get minutes. You got like 12-13 bodies that compete for minutes

Combine that with guys knowing how to play with each other now, Murray and Walker cracking the rotation, the development of the young guys and adding Carroll Spurs should win 50 games easily.

We just gotta hope that LaMarcus and Rudy don't decline

Chomag
07-02-2019, 08:15 PM
They will make the playoffs , now being nothing more then 1at round fodder is a different story.

SAGirl
07-02-2019, 09:29 PM
If you sent a healthy Kevin Durant, in his prime, out on the floor with Mills, Forbes, Beli, and Jeff Ayers, the result would not be pretty. Durant would probably fake an injury and hop on the next flight to Canada.

Supporting cast still matters.

I see what you did there. :reading

This team has bettter depth than last season, they should be better. At some point some responsibility needs to go to the stars, and coach who play said traffic cones. (if that were the case).

However, this is more about making the playoffs than arguing on behalf of any specific seed/ceiling. They should make the playoffs with the two healthy stars tbh.

Bill Walton Saga
07-03-2019, 01:45 AM
The West is always tough year after year and I'm always surprised when an Eastern conference team wins it all.

spurraider21
07-03-2019, 02:03 AM
I hope so! So we can get a solid pick for a change... stop spinning wheels, tbh
dno what you're complaining about, none of your mexican boys (manu, oberto, splitter, laprovitolla) were picked in the lottery range tbh

GreekSpursfan
07-03-2019, 02:04 AM
If Kawhitter goes to the Clippers, Spurs will not make the playoffs and thats a very realistic approach tbh. I will follow this prediction therefore any other positive outcome will come to me as a pleasant surprise.

spurraider21
07-03-2019, 02:06 AM
spurs were starting bryn forbes at PG and rudy gat at SF to start the season because of injuries to the backcourt... the team should be a lot better off this year with a healthier and deeper rotation

white grew into his role gradually, now he has a full offseason to refine and improve where he knows he needs to. dejounte should be a positive contributor and take some of patty's minutes. lonnie looks ready to take some of the minutes off of forbes. keldon can take some of marcos minutes. carroll gives us a decent wing defender which we didn't really have.

hard to see the team not being better than last year, tbh, even if sammich is a non-factor. if sammich can graduate from the g-league in a few months, bertans becomes more expendable which can net us another piece if needed (combined with marco's expiring deal)

EricB
07-03-2019, 03:05 AM

Murray missed about 2 months worth of games. DeRozan also missed a 2-3 weeks. Lonnie Walker was in the rotation and because of his injury missed the year.

that shit matters.

Frenchfred
07-03-2019, 04:22 AM
Spurs will have the 7th or 8th spot and probably lose in the first round. If Murray and White play well, then second round.

monty4329
07-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Almost every team changed a lot since last season, except Spurs, Houston and Denver. Most of them will have a slow and/or complicated start so it is reasonable to expect several wins for SA off the gate. That will probably be enough to secure once again a PO spot.

It is certainly one of the most open seasons yet (in every sense). A deep bench will prove essential, in my opinion, as every game is winnable for everybody and many teams are front-loaded but very thin after the 6-7th man. On the injury side, I guess we should be done for a while: that alone means a few wins more than many other teams.

Unless Pop comes back from China too tired and gives the reins to Mr. Hammond.

DAF86
07-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Murray missed about 2 months worth of games. DeRozan also missed a 2-3 weeks. Lonnie Walker was in the rotation and because of his injury missed the year.

that shit matters.

Nos you are just making shit up. Lonnie was never in the rotation. :lol

Dhbsr555
07-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Everyone sleeping on The Spurs the are really deep this year. If everyone stays healthy they will get the 2 seed.

Mr. Body
07-04-2019, 11:12 AM
I can see the Spurs hitting around 50 wins. Their guard corps, especially healthy, should be a mess for teams to deal with.

Houston will decline, OKC hasn't done anything. It'll be a rumble, but the Spurs will make the playoffs.

Rummpd
07-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Without a trade, Spurs may well miss. Beyond 2 stars and Murray team weak unless White improves.

Brazil
07-04-2019, 03:24 PM
the annual spurs won't make the POs take... it would not be an offseason without tbh..

:lol

rascal
11-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Bump

rascal
11-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Everyone sleeping on The Spurs the are really deep this year. If everyone stays healthy they will get the 2 seed.

The 2 seed?

rascal
11-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Almost every team changed a lot since last season, except Spurs, Houston and Denver. Most of them will have a slow and/or complicated start so it is reasonable to expect several wins for SA off the gate. That will probably be enough to secure once again a PO spot.

It is certainly one of the most open seasons yet (in every sense). A deep bench will prove essential, in my opinion, as every game is winnable for everybody and many teams are front-loaded but very thin after the 6-7th man. On the injury side, I guess we should be done for a while: that alone means a few wins more than many other teams.

Unless Pop comes back from China too tired and gives the reins to Mr. Hammond.

Most teams will have a slow start?

rascal
11-28-2019, 11:10 AM

that shit matters.

Murray some type of team difference maker.

rascal
11-28-2019, 11:11 AM
If Kawhitter goes to the Clippers, Spurs will not make the playoffs and thats a very realistic approach tbh. I will follow this prediction therefore any other positive outcome will come to me as a pleasant surprise.

Good accurate post.

Prime BEEF
11-28-2019, 11:41 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

KDKSpurs24
11-28-2019, 12:36 PM
I think Broussard actually started changing this opinion when it got closer to the season though.

dbestpro
11-28-2019, 12:46 PM
I do not think they will make the playoffs without a significant trade. These guys do not believe in themselves and that alone is half the battle. Mental weakness on this team abounds.

Leetonidas
11-28-2019, 12:48 PM
I agree. As long as Murray comes back and plays decently and White continues to improve, Spurs have a pretty deep roster. Spurs have go 12 deep at least imo. Our real problem is our 1 and 2 are soft and play an archaic style and some of the guys who should be the 11th and 12th men are the 6th or 8th (Mills/Belinelli)

:depressed

monty4329
11-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Most teams will have a slow start?

Actually yes: last year after 18 games, the 8th seed in the west was 10-8, now it is 8-9.

Although I guess your -right- point was I was mistaken thinking that because many teams changed a lot during the summer '' Most of them will have a slow and/or complicated start so it is reasonable to expect several wins for SA off the gate. That will probably be enough to secure once again a PO spot.''

Clearly it wasn't the case. Others are trying to take some advantage of the situation (see Suns now 8th), not the Spurs.

DAF86
11-28-2019, 03:43 PM

Ok, and now what's the excuse for the Spurs being the 13th seed?

apalisoc_9
11-28-2019, 03:46 PM
imagine being so bad that chris brousard finally gets something right.

SAGirl
11-28-2019, 05:24 PM
the annual spurs won't make the POs take... it would not be an offseason without tbh..

:lol
One of these latest years they were bound to be right.

SAGirl
11-28-2019, 05:28 PM
I am positive about the Spurs making the playoffs unless injuries decimate them but injuries can decimate anybody.

They may not have the highest ceiling, but also don't have the lowest currently and can even surprise some media that doesn't really follow them bc they have some promising less hyped up talent bc Pop hides them in the Gleague for a time and they need to get over themselves first etc. They add depth this season which helps win games in the regular season. I truly don't think they will miss the playoffs, what happens afterwards tho, that's the question.

Now, should they miss the playoffs, they need to reexamine that LMA-Demar core tbh.

Well, gulp!
I was way too positive it turns out.
But even in there I said if they did miss the playoffs they need to re-examine their core.

Whats amazing is that without really knowing how the season would turn out, I referenced Pop hiding youngins in the Gleague. If only I had known to what degree.

BackHome
11-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Our record for the last 10 games is the 3rd worst in the whole NBA.

ZeusWillJudge
11-28-2019, 11:28 PM
Our record for the last 10 games is the 3rd worst in the whole NBA.

Spurs are 1-9 over their last 10 games. So is Atlanta. They are tied for worst 10-game streaks in the league.

Hard to say what it will take to make the playoffs in the West this season. It's hard to even think about .500, when the team is 1-9 in their last 10 games.