PDA

View Full Version : OT: "Back" A Short Story by Culburn

Thread
07-03-2019, 01:26 AM
To pass the time waiting on this decision I whipped this up tonight. Hope you all enjoy it.
---
---
---

"Back"

A short story by Culburn

11:11am local time, Bexar County, San Antonio

His cell phone lit. He'd had it on silent, in LOS, making use of a lull in an otherwise hectic morning to keep track of who was left and who was gone on a yellow-legal-pad.

[Buford James]---"What the fuck?" [Buford James] was Kawhi Leonard's assigned code name while he was employed by the Spurs. Used to bypass protocol and Media. "Who'd you give it to, kid?" He punched it. "What do you want, wiseass?"

"Mr. Popovich."

"Kawhi?"

"Yes, sir."

---------

"Can I come up? I'm in the parking structure. I'm alone."

He closed his eyes as the blood rushed into his stomach. "Of course, you know the way." There was a staircase, a confidential access to his office. They cut the line.

He clipped the intercom: "Mary, no interruptions, nothing."

"Uhhhhhh, of course, Gre" He cut the intercom, double checked it, locked his office door, unlocked the access door & settled back down.

The cell phone lit again. xxxxx xxxxxx from the Express. "Mother.........fucker!"

He punched it: "What?"

"What's he doing up there, Pop?"

"Off the record?"

"Off the record."

"I don't know. I just got the call."

"What do you think he wants?"

"Goodbye, xxxxx." He turned the cell phone off.

The soft tap on the access door caused him to stop breathing yet again.

"It's open."

---------

"Your people know you're here, Kawhi?" No handshake, just a simple nod to the hard back chair in front of his non descript desk.

He eased into the chair. "Sure. They're waiting back at the hotel." He gestured to the closed access door.

"Christ, I ain't had a one-on-one without agents & mouth pieces since God knows when. What, what is it then? Are you wired?"

"No. I swear it." He opened his sports jacket.

"Well, kid, are you going to California, or, staying in Cana..."

Leonard cut him off: "I want to come back."

It wasn't a lark, nor a stunt, Popovich knew the tone, the grip from long and maddening experience. The room began to shrink, the lights to dim.

"I, I, I I can't...I haven't got any, not enough mon..." He tailed off and caught the figure on the yellow-legal-pad---lower right hand corner in No. 2 lead.

"It's not important. Doesn't matter. I want back, coach. I want back."

The hard buzzing in his ears hardened as Popovich would not raise his face from the desk top. Neither would Leonard. Then just a whisper across the space: "Please. coach."

"It's all I got, kid. Lower right hand corner." He turned, squared it and started to slide the yellow-legal-pad under Leonard's face, got a few inches in and felt reverse pressure as the slide halted.

"Doesn't matter, coach. Write it up,,,now. I'll sign it."

"My heart can't take this shit." He tersely admonished to himself. "Play it!" Again to himself. "I'd have to call the lawyers."

"I understand. No problem. Call them. I'll sign it."

"Kawhi, c'mon, you need your people here. It's only prop..." He cut him off again...

"No, coach. Call them. It's over. I'll sign. Call them, please."

Popovich started to speak and instead he clipped the intercom. "Call legal, Mary, get the complete set in here. I need the whole bunch...they haven't went to lunch have they? If they have, call them back and tell them "at once." Understand?

"Greg, is everything okay in th..."

"Mary-dear-now. Let me know when they're on their way up. All of 'em, Mary. Now."

"I'm sorry, Kawhi." He extended his hand.
"So am I, coach." The grasp was firm and warm.

---The End---

apalisoc_9
07-03-2019, 01:46 AM
:lmao

Post this upstairs :lol

FrostKing
07-03-2019, 02:24 AM
BRO

When do we buy the 2020 Trump hat?

apalisoc_9
07-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Dale too chickenshit to post this upstairs.

Thread
07-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Dale too chickenshit to post this upstairs.

No. I'm still banned up there. You have my blessings if you'd like to take it up & lodge it, aps. I'd appreciate it.

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2019, 11:31 AM
What's your NFL team, Culburn?

Thread
07-03-2019, 12:00 PM
What's your NFL team, Culburn?

Browns. I'm from Cleveland.

07-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Browns. I'm from Cleveland.
Hope you're not an OSU fan, Dale. Go blue :hungry:

Thread
07-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Hope you're not an OSU fan, Dale. Go blue :hungry:

No, Alabama.

Always loved Hayes though.

07-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Lakers and Bama fan from Cleveland :lol

Thread
07-03-2019, 12:17 PM

Don't start in on me this morning, 13. I ain't changed underwear in 3 days because I feel it'd jinx it. I'm raw & ripe. "Dale, this is awful. Now you need to shower and get clean clothes on. This isn't right." - the old lady.

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2019, 12:58 PM

"I never defend my fandom. It's my religion."

:lmao

Probably a St Louis Cardinals fan in baseball as well and a Joey Chestnut stan in eating. Tbh. How does he not like the Patriots?

BD24
07-03-2019, 01:05 PM
No, Alabama.

Always loved Hayes though.
What a fucking front runner you are dale :lol

Surprised the Pats aren’t your football team tbh

Thread
07-03-2019, 01:21 PM
What a fucking front runner you are dale :lol

Surprised the Pats aren’t your football team tbh

Florida

Thread
07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
"I never defend my fandom. It's my religion."

Me

BD24
07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Florida
Deflecting from your Chicken Shit front running ways Dale :lol

Thread
07-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Deflecting from your Chicken Shit front running ways Dale :lol

Florida

Chucho
07-03-2019, 01:33 PM
The Answer: Back

The Question: "What is the thing Kobe Bryant rode to his championships?"

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 01:56 PM
BRO

When do we buy the 2020 Trump hat?

Hasn’t he been selling one since the day after he got elected

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2019, 01:57 PM
The Answer: Dicks

Fify

Thread
07-03-2019, 02:54 PM
The Answer: Back

Kobe: 5

Daddy: 4

Thread
07-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Fify

You'd have that 1 if Duncan hadn't a tried to hold on to Her. Instead?

Florida

Chucho
07-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Backs rode:

Daddy: 0
Rapey McFuckface: 2

Thread
07-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Backs rode:

You thought he was done at 4-3 Daddy. Uh, uh. Not by a jugful. Perkins fell over & Howard showed up at the center court jump. Just like that: 5-4 Kobe.

ha, ha.

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Belichick: 6

Browns: Goose egg

Thread
07-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Belichick: 6

Browns: Goose egg

Browns have '64.

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Browns have '64.

Too bad Super Bowl I was in '67, :lol

DAF86
07-03-2019, 07:18 PM

Remember when you could do:

"Kobe: 5

TOSB Duncan: 4"

???

Thread
07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Too bad Super Bowl I was in '67, :lol

Moot point, MM. They still won the NFL Championship. Don't be absurd.

Thread
07-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Remember when you could do:

"Kobe: 5

TOSB Duncan: 4"

???

Yeah, and ironically just last night I almost did it again it'd been so long since I been here. I had it loaded, DAF! I Googled quick, thank Christ. Though I'd forgotten the TOSB part of it.

07-03-2019, 07:43 PM
No. I'm still banned up there. You have my blessings if you'd like to take it up & lodge it, aps. I'd appreciate it.
Only pussies & assholes do banning tbh. They can dish it but they can't take it, Cub

Thread
07-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Only pussies & assholes do banning tbh. They can dish it but they can't take it, Cub

It's okay, I never liked posting up there. It's a different crowd. Did he lodge that story up there, 140? I can't even see the page. I'm completely locked out.

DMC
07-03-2019, 09:09 PM
I thought this was about Dale coming back to the forum. No KL prodigal son story is complete without RC, you know that Dale.

DMC
07-03-2019, 09:11 PM
:pop: "Am I being punked?"

Thread
07-03-2019, 09:49 PM
I thought this was about Dale coming back to the forum. No KL prodigal son story is complete without RC, you know that Dale.

I thought about that, of course after I'd posted it.

Should have been:::"Mary, I need the legal team,,,,,,blah, blah, blah,,,,,and can you ask RC to step in, it's critical."

Damn it!

07-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Yeah, and ironically just last night I almost did it again it'd been so long since I been here. I had it loaded, DAF! I Googled quick, thank Christ. Though I'd forgotten the TOSB part of it.:lol I forgot for a second too, had to reread that a few times. "Looks right to me, wonder why he doesn't use it anymore"

Tim: 3 FMVPs

TOSB Rapist: 2 FMVPs

and that's that on that.

Millennial_Messiah
07-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Moot point, MM. They still won the NFL Championship. Don't be absurd.

NFL championships pre-historic era (SB 1) don't count. NFL rings are measured in SBs; that's why the Eagles only have 1 title to their name, in 2017, for example. The Celtics "championships" of the 1920s and 1930s before the NBA championship era, for example, don't count either.

If I'm a Lakers fan I don't count the Minnesota championships with the LA Lakers franchise, either. To me those are separate for the Minny Lakers and the LA Lakers have how many since the start of the LA Lakers franchise.

Thread
07-04-2019, 02:21 PM
NFL championships pre-historic era (SB 1) don't count. NFL rings are measured in SBs; that's why the Eagles only have 1 title to their name, in 2017, for example. The Celtics "championships" of the 1920s and 1930s before the NBA championship era, for example, don't count either.

If I'm a Lakers fan I don't count the Minnesota championships with the LA Lakers franchise, either. To me those are separate for the Minny Lakers and the LA Lakers have how many since the start of the LA Lakers franchise.

Nonsense. They made the playoffs & won the last game they played. There is nothing else.

---------

& Minnesota was counted until '85 when we broke thru in Massachusetts and the count began to crest on Boston. At that point Media initiated this campaign to denigrate the count outta MN.. No. We ain't doin' that. We started with MN., and sweetheart, daddy-O, we ain't turnin' back.

And that's just the way it's gonna be.

Let us proceed...

phxspurfan
07-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Backs rode:

:rollin

Detail that

Thread
07-04-2019, 02:24 PM
:rollin

Detail that

When it was 4-3 Daddy Media was having the time of their life beating us about the head & shoulders with that count. Once Bryant doubled again, Media didn't want to play anymore. We didn't have to go home, but, we had to get the hell outta there.

Just shows ta go ya.

DMC
07-04-2019, 04:04 PM
I thought about that, of course after I'd posted it.

Should have been:::"Mary, I need the legal team,,,,,,blah, blah, blah,,,,,and can you ask RC to step in, it's critical."

Damn it!

"RC is indisposed, Gregg"

"My ass. Get him coffee, Mary and tell him ricky tick"

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Jim was outed as a fag by his wife, then forced to buy a gym for the bull that was drilling her. No amount of FMVPs can erase that eternal shame

FrostKing
07-04-2019, 11:54 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AlarmedEllipticalAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

Thread
07-05-2019, 12:21 AM
^^^

spurraider21
07-05-2019, 12:46 AM
Jim was outed as a fag by his wife, then forced to buy a gym for the bull that was drilling her. No amount of FMVPs can erase that eternal shame
this is a basketball board though

apalisoc_9
07-05-2019, 01:32 AM

Wasnt that dude a 5'7 mexican or something?

Shit was must be emasculating. Getting cucked by a 5'7 mexican as a 6'10 guy.

Thread
07-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Wasnt that dude a 5'7 mexican or something?

Shit was must be emasculating. Getting cucked by a 5'7 mexican as a 6'10 guy.

...he probably believed he wanted it...then when he got it he realized he didn't want it.

07-05-2019, 10:38 AM
...he probably believed he wanted it...then when he got it he realized he didn't want it.

Imagine his face when he first saw that big bush of hers, Cub. Christ a mighty!!!

Thread
07-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Imagine his face when he first saw that big bush of hers, Cub. Christ a mighty!!!

& you can damn well bet it was a wet bush. You know, naturally wet.

K...
07-06-2019, 11:43 AM
To pass the time waiting on this decision I whipped this up tonight. Hope you all enjoy it.
---
---
---

"Back"

A short story by Culburn

"Greg, is everything okay in th..."

"Mary-dear-now. Let me know when they're on their way up. All of 'em, Mary. Now."

"I'm sorry, Kawhi." He extended his hand.
"So am I, coach." The grasp was firm and warm.

---The End---

The two men hugged, like a father and son reunited after years apart. Each man hid a smile inside.

Kawhi signed the letter. Each man left. The letter lay in the empty room for hours before anyone saw it. The team official who picked it up was baffled as to why the document was left out in the open, he read it and the letter simply said"

" I Kawhi, do hereby agree, FUCK THE LAKERS"

The letter was preserved for generations and brought solace to the Spurs in years of rebuilding as the team slowly built up for another championship run.

Thread
07-06-2019, 11:47 AM
The two men hugged, like a father and son reunited after years apart. Each man hid a smile inside.

Kawhi signed the letter. Each man left. The letter lay in the empty room for hours before anyone saw it. The team official who picked it up was baffled as to why the document was left out in the open, he read it and the letter simply said"

" I Kawhi, do hereby agree, FUCK THE LAKERS"

The letter was preserved for generations and brought solace to the Spurs in years of rebuilding as the team slowly built up for another championship run.

K, you don't rewrite another guy's story without permish. Act like somebody.

FrostKing
07-06-2019, 03:25 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JQgFN6L/Screenshot-2019-07-06-13-23-58-1.png

Thread
07-06-2019, 03:30 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JQgFN6L/Screenshot-2019-07-06-13-23-58-1.png

tee, hee.

lil_penny
07-07-2019, 11:57 PM
DALE

DMC
07-08-2019, 12:26 AM
& you can damn well bet it was a wet bush. You know, naturally wet.

Hirsute from asshole to appetite.