PDA

View Full Version : trade target : Andre Iguodala

venitian navigator
07-03-2019, 04:54 AM
He's out of GS and the Grizzlies don't look to be immediate title contenders...I don't know his preferences but I think that if his project is to work on a buy out he could not be in the same line of his new team...that could obviously prefer to trade him having something playable in return instead of paying a big part of his salary for let him play for another team...
The fact that Memphis have already one of our "old" pieces in KA could entice them to take someone alse...maybe some veteran ones plus some young ones. Mills, Belli, Davis, Bryn...all of them looks more valuable in terms of culture and playing time for a non contending team than the nothing they would receive from a buy out...and AI would fill a role still waiting to be filled in our team...

slick'81
07-03-2019, 04:55 AM
Hes probably going to lakers sorry

venitian navigator
07-03-2019, 05:00 AM
Lakers have no trade pieces...they can take him just paying minimum via buy out. What kind of management would prefer to pay 14 millions dollars for let a player play for some other team if they can pay less for (for example) two or three players (say, for example, Belli, Forbes and Bertans) actually playing for their team?

monty4329
07-03-2019, 05:04 AM
The guy cannot play high level basketball anymore, we seen that in the PO. Besides, why on earth would he want to play for SA, he doesn't need to chase rings or anything.

The lakers rumor, after memphis waives him, makes a lot of sense. Especially if they get Leonard too.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-03-2019, 05:12 AM
Off topic but can’t believe the Knicks haven’t been all over deals like Iggy’s and collecting assets for their cap space instead of spending it on scrubs. They should have been all over teams over the tax like OKC, Miami and Portland and collecting all of their spare picks and stuff.

As for Iggy to Spurs, sure it wouldn’t be a bad deal but I wouldn’t want the Spurs giving picks for him, he’s pretty washed up and not sure at all about his fit on the current Spurs too.

venitian navigator
07-03-2019, 06:06 AM
The guy cannot play high level basketball anymore, we seen that in the PO. Besides, why on earth would he want to play for SA, he doesn't need to chase rings or anything.

The lakers rumor, after memphis waives him, makes a lot of sense. Especially if they get Leonard too.

Can't play high level basketball anymore? did you actually see the finals?
And the ring chasing thing is a lot more on the Lakers side than in ours, where he could actually still land, in case he would prefer to, a starting spot...(with good minutes management...but we're one of the best in business in minutes management for veterans...).

monty4329
07-03-2019, 06:28 AM
Can't play high level basketball anymore? did you actually see the finals?
And the ring chasing thing is a lot more on the Lakers side than in ours, where he could actually still land, in case he would prefer to, a starting spot...(with good minutes management...but we're one of the best in business in minutes management for veterans...).

I guess you didn't see the finals, or maybe you seen them but not watched them. The guy is totally washed up, and for the whole season there were rumors about retirement. He even wrote it in his book (have you read it?).

He doesn't need to chase rings, that is he has them already. What else can he look for in a team/city? Certainly SA has no appeal to him. Potentially LA and playing (again) with true superstars just for the fun of it. And that's it.

offset formation
07-03-2019, 08:00 AM

*we saw...

Sorry, but it just makes my ears bleed to hear it. And now my eyes.

monty4329
07-03-2019, 08:08 AM
*we saw...

Sorry, but it just makes my ears bleed to hear it. And now my eyes.

right...

hater
07-03-2019, 08:15 AM
LMAO why not sign King Tuts mummy and call it an off-season?

Jesus christ

DC23
07-03-2019, 10:13 AM
Iggy will go to Lakers after buyout. If not, then Rockets or 76ers.

ceperez
07-03-2019, 10:48 AM
I would trade DeRozan for him and another asset ( Kyle Anderson). This way, we get a rental and a cheaper contract.

GreekSpursfan
07-03-2019, 12:36 PM
I'm going with the Rockets, Morey is fast as fuck when it comes to shit like this.

rascal
07-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Pass Over the hill

Scottstarbuck785
07-03-2019, 10:08 PM
I would rather have Vince then iggy.

MultiTroll
07-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Don't want him near a Spurs uniform.
After the 1st Warrior *championship, and certainly as his Warrior identity has deepened he has become a bitch ass.
While not as large a twunt as the main twinkys, he has nonetheless transformed into an ass.

tmtcsc
07-03-2019, 10:45 PM
That dude is finished. He threw the club doctor's under the bus on his way out too. Not sure what the market would pay for him now.

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Too old to be an option for our young pups squad (sans LMA/DeMar/Gay ofc). Too old also to want to play for a non-contender most likely. Also probably wants to gravy train with one of the Chosen Teams

timvp
07-04-2019, 01:56 AM

RC_Drunkford
07-04-2019, 03:16 AM
people here say they don't want him, but is he a better player than Belinelli? Yes. So try to get him. Cousins/Iggy instead of Bertans/Belinelli or Mills/Belinelli is clearly an improvement

slick'81
07-04-2019, 03:26 AM
people here say they don't want him, but is he a better player than Belinelli? Yes. So try to get him. Cousins/Iggy instead of Bertans/Belinelli or Mills/Belinelli is clearly an improvement

Spurs arent moving mills or bertans but who knows with belli

sasaint
07-04-2019, 03:34 AM
Spurs arent moving mills or bertans but who knows with belli

Not so sure about Davis. Pop didn’t treat him like a favorite son during the playoffs.

slick'81
07-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Not so sure about Davis. Pop didn’t treat him like a favorite son during the playoffs.

I feel ya but word is teams have called about davis but spurs are hesitant at this time to move him

sasaint
07-04-2019, 03:37 AM

Boogie ain’t Spurs material. Pop would never have him on his team.

sasaint
07-04-2019, 03:39 AM
I feel ya but word is teams have called about davis but spurs are hesitant at this time to move him

I have no idea what the word is. But I strongly believe that if a team calls Pop with the right offer Davis is gone.

slick'81
07-04-2019, 03:44 AM
I have no idea what the word is. But I strongly believe that if a team calls Pop with the right offer Davis is gone.

The Spurs have received calls on Davis Bertans, but "don't appear to be ready to put him in any deal," according to Jabari Young of The Athletic.
He had a strong campaign in 2018-19, making 42.9% from deep, ranking sixth in the NBA in that department. Bertans is almost a one-trick pony on offense, so he likely won't see a major boost in output in most situations.

SOURCE: The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/1053501/2019/06/29/as-free-agency-nears-nba-rumblings-have-spurs-seeking-frontcourt-help-so-here-are-some-suggestions/)

sasaint
07-04-2019, 03:59 AM
The Spurs have received calls on Davis Bertans, but "don't appear to be ready to put him in any deal," according to Jabari Young of The Athletic.
He had a strong campaign in 2018-19, making 42.9% from deep, ranking sixth in the NBA in that department. Bertans is almost a one-trick pony on offense, so he likely won't see a major boost in output in most situations.

SOURCE: The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/1053501/2019/06/29/as-free-agency-nears-nba-rumblings-have-spurs-seeking-frontcourt-help-so-here-are-some-suggestions/)

Thanks for the source. Like I said, I believe that fact that Davis has not been dealt has more to do with the quality of offers (if any) rather than Pop’s commitment to him. Perhaps it is even an indication that Pop might be contemplating trading Dumbmar...

wildbill2u
07-04-2019, 12:15 PM
LMAO why not sign King Tuts mummy and call it an off-season?

Jesus christ

Word on the street is that the RA ptors have the inside track on Tut to replace Kwahi if they can get him. He wants to chase more bling from a championship