PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins Begging DeMar DeRozan To Get Spurs To Sign Him?

Pages : [1] 2

D WHITE
07-03-2019, 10:13 AM
b9aus

Should the Spurs sign him?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2019, 10:19 AM
On a vet minimum deal Cousins is going to provide some pretty good value for some team. He's not going to command much money, and he'll be needing a chance to prove he belongs in the league again, so I'd expect him to be a good team player. Not bad for a guy who was considered one of the top two or three bigs in the game a couple of years ago.

That said, I'm not sure I'd bring him to San Antonio.

mo7888
07-03-2019, 10:22 AM
b9aus

Yes

timvp
07-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Hard pass.

Ball hog, old school center who was still whining even on the Warriors. He knew he would be a low option with GS and still found ways to cry for more touches. There's a reason why the Warriors want no part of him even with all the talent that has been lost.

Bad defender. Injury prone. Angry emo personality. And let's not forget the disrespect he showed Duncan over the years and the time he tried to fight Sean Elliott.

I'd rather the Spurs dig up the corpse of Karl Malone and sign him or ink Patty Mills to a max extension than bring in Cousins, tbh.

TDomination
07-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Who is this guy talking?

But if its true, yeah i'd take him.

duncan2150
07-03-2019, 10:27 AM
If we can sign him, take the guy... you would not have a better option and imo with Pop he will ok.

Dex
07-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Hard pass.

Ball hog, old school center who was still whining even on the Warriors. He knew he would be a low option with GS and still found ways to cry for more touches. There's a reason why the Warriors want no part of him even with all the talent that has been lost.

Bad defender. Injury prone. Angry emo personality. And let's not forget the disrespect he showed Duncan over the years and the time he tried to fight Sean Elliott.

I'd rather the Spurs dig up the corpse of Karl Malone and sign him or ink Patty Mills to a max extension than bring in Cousins, tbh.

:wow

duncan2150
07-03-2019, 10:28 AM
:wow

I hope that's not true :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Hard pass.

That's a good point. If the Warriors are willing to sign Cauley-Stein over him, Cousins must still be a locker-room cancer.

TDomination
07-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Begging to come here?

duncan2150
07-03-2019, 10:33 AM
That's a good point. If the Warriors are willing to sign Cauley-Stein over him, Cousins must still be a locker-room cancer.

I think the main reason is that he did'nt want to come back and thinks he could have a better deal elswhere.

duncan2150
07-03-2019, 10:34 AM
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1146440697601507328

(https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1146440697601507328)

Degoat
07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
I’m cool with us signing him, let’s be honest we need all the talent we can get but only way I’d take him is if we waive Metu.. I wouldn’t want him if we had had to trade Bertans or Marco

bklynspursfan
07-03-2019, 10:41 AM
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1146440697601507328

(https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1146440697601507328)

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1146441420800233472

BWS-1994
07-03-2019, 10:44 AM
As I’ve read in Reddit...

“Demar... Demarre... Demarcus... Lamarcus”

:lol

BWS-1994
07-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Or make the starting unit:

Dejounte
Demar
Demarre
Demarcus
Lamarcus

RiverwalkParade
07-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Just another guy bringing up the Spurs to get signed somewhere else. Happens every year.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-03-2019, 10:50 AM
Hard pass.

Karl Malone, really? That's a bit much, bruh

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Hard pass.

man...

baseline bum
07-03-2019, 10:52 AM
b9aus

Spurs have already dug into the MLE, so the only viable scenario would be a sign and trade. Not sure the Warriors are going to want to take Mills back or a combo like Bertans + Belinelli.

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2019, 10:53 AM
hahaha OP's avatar..

kaji157
07-03-2019, 10:53 AM
I would offer him atradeable deal, 2 years 15 million, and try to showcase him the first part of the season to trade him.
I bet if you showcase him he would up his value a lot.

raybies
07-03-2019, 10:54 AM
:nope unplayable in the pnr, don't need the attitude problems.

Ignignokt
07-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Sup CBF!

John B
07-03-2019, 11:04 AM
I would offer him atradeable deal, 2 years 15 million, and try to showcase him the first part of the season to trade him.
Exactly. But if he fits, fuck we got a realistic chance to ring!

Come on RC/Pop. Let ST forget nephew and bring in Cousins!

MoSpur02
07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
For a minimum type deal why not? It's low risk. If it doesn't work out, you let him go. I'm not worried about his mental issues too much. I don't see him acting up too much with Pop. I could be wrong. He has talent. Not sure that talent will be displayed only because of his recent injuries. I'm more worried about his defense or lack thereof. He's pretty slow and we already have a slow big man that rhymes with DeMarcus. I don't see him complaining about touches if he plays here because he should know that Pop is about ball movement and getting over yourself. Cousins would know before coming to San Antonio that he isn't going to be getting too many plays called for him.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Bring him in. Maybe Pop reaches him and he starts playing team basketball and works on his attitude. The Spurs need a true big outside of Aldridge.

SpurSpike
07-03-2019, 11:10 AM
If we can get Cuz for cheap you do it. I think the media blows his "locker room cancer" thing out of proportion. Warriors had nothing but good things to say about him all season, they even went so far as to say he is misunderstood and actually a good presence in the locker room if memory serves me right. DeRozan must like him enough, with the way the media is these days i don't trust a damn thing they say about anyone tbh.

Dverde
07-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Obviously the Warriors no longer after him. I’m sure Pop can call Kerr and get the truth. He seems to have come off his high horse from the Sacramento days.

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Why not take a 1 year flyer on the guy. He should be better than he was this season without having to rehab. He could be a great scorer off the bench and if he wants to come to San Antonio he must be super humble by the fact nobody wants him.

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 11:18 AM
hahaha OP's avatar..

This. :lol

Looks like The Watcher from MCU.

Joseph Kony
07-03-2019, 11:19 AM
spurs dont have any capspace to offer 7.5 mil per year deal

John B
07-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Lakers probably have Lebron, AD, Kawhi. Nuggets, Jokic who we already had problem last playoff, Blazers got Whiteside, Jazz added Bogdanovic, even Dubs got Willie Cauley-Stein. Spurs can’t afford to stand pat. Spurs need to take a risk, and a small one given the potential huge return. Come on RC/Pop.

look_at_g_shred
07-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Locker room cancer already left last summer.

MoSpur02
07-03-2019, 11:27 AM
I doubt he comes to San Antonio, but if he does I'm cool with it if it's a one year deal for cheap. I think he'll go somewhere else like LA, Miami, or Dallas even.

Spursfanfromafar
07-03-2019, 11:28 AM
I actually think he showed a lot of character in the finals after coming from quad injury and playing hard despite limitations due to the injury. He pouts, has had a shitty attitude, has a warped idea of competitiveness and so on but he kind of redeemed himself in New Orleans and some in the half-season with the Warriors.. if the Spurs get him for the minimum and he is willing to put in the hard yards to recover ..He can be a decent backup to Aldridge and Poeltl. Better on offense than defense though.

james evans
07-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Hell no. We have enough defensive liabilities.

MoSpur02
07-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Never mind Dallas. They just signed Boban

Duncan87
07-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Boban went to Mavs sad day

Dex
07-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Never mind Dallas. They just signed Boban

Dey took our Boban!

:pctoss

Spurs9
07-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Yes plz

John B
07-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Dey took our Boban!

:pctoss
Next Green. Offer Mills, we’re on a roll :lol

FkLA
07-03-2019, 11:45 AM
I'd do it if it was a cheap deal and he was ok with not starting/having a big role. Big ifs. Maybe give him a Rudy Gay type promise that if he comes close to regaining his pre-injury form he'll get a bigger contract down the line.

Would be weird with Sean Elliott but I'm sure they'd squash their issues pretty easily, tbh.

FkLA
07-03-2019, 11:48 AM

WCS is just the better player unless Cousins comes close to regaining his pre-injury form. I don't think signing him over Cousins had anything to do with anything other than that.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Boban went to Mavs sad day

united nations dallas mavericks

cpds421
07-03-2019, 11:50 AM
I think there was a game were he apologized to Sean personally.

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 11:51 AM
I'm fine with the Spurs signing him as long it's cheap. At this stage, DMC probably already scared in not getting a big contract again and seeking a good team to regain his old self. He's probably at the stage as well where he's being guided to chew his ego and focus recovering physically and mentally.

lmbebo
07-03-2019, 11:51 AM
I doubt he comes to San Antonio, but if he does I'm cool with it if it's a one year deal for cheap. I think he'll go somewhere else like LA, Miami, or Dallas even.

Boban going to Dallas for 2 yr/7 mil

TDomination
07-03-2019, 11:53 AM
If Cousins came, I wonder if he would say anything to Timmy when he shows up at the practice facility.

MoSpur02
07-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Agreed there are risks signing Cousins, but if it's only 1 year for little money why not. The Spurs need some crazy/toughness. We had it with Ellie and Willis.

Crazymaddopeyo
07-03-2019, 11:54 AM
If we can get Cuz for cheap you do it. I think the media blows his "locker room cancer" thing out of proportion. Warriors had nothing but good things to say about him all season, they even went so far as to say he is misunderstood and actually a good presence in the locker room if memory serves me right. DeRozan must like him enough, with the way the media is these days i don't trust a damn thing they say about anyone tbh.

You don’t need the media to know this guys is a cancer. Just watch the numerous clips of him yelling at his coaches, his teammates and complaining about not playing. Not to mention him trying to fight Sean Elliot.

dubross
07-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Y’all really think WCS is a better player?!? Haha. WCS May be a better fit for teams but he is no near better than cousins now. Do y’all realize when he came back for the warriors he averaged 16,8,4 in like 25 minutes? WCS will never do that.

John B
07-03-2019, 11:56 AM
I think there was a game were he apologized to Sean personally.
That’s it then. Bring him in!

R. DeMurre
07-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Nope. I root for him to mature and change, but he's probably my least favorite player in the NBA.

spurs1990
07-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Hard pass.

Along with 28 other teams as well. Spurs fans wanting Cousins need to get a grip. He's completely outside the spectrum of Spurs material.
We already have DeRozan who can get floozy in the head.

Keepin' it real
07-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Boogie - Pop would be Sprewell-Carlisimo 2.0

NASpurs
07-03-2019, 12:14 PM
DeMarcus knows he'll get a loyalty contract from us if he behaves and becomes part of the coffee gang. Can't really fault him.

offset formation
07-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Hard pass.

Well that settles it then...

Hoops Czar
07-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Along with 28 other teams as well. Spurs fans wanting Cousins need to get a grip. He's completely outside the spectrum of Spurs material.
We already have DeRozan who can get floozy in the head.

Right, because Poeltl and Bertans are just so damn good.

SAGirl
07-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Hard pass.

When you show humor you do make me laugh lol
Him trying to fight Elliot, I missed. Didn't know about that.

But the last sentence was a jewel. :lol

Seventyniner
07-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Just put it this way: there's a reason Boogie is talking to DDR and not just going straight to Pop. His only way in is through the back door.

On a short-term low money deal, though, I think it's worth a flier. If he really cancers things up just cut him, like SJax in 2013.

John B
07-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Dude if he’s asking to take a chance on him, he’s over himself. What makes him different from all the other veterans Spurs signed who got over themselves? Also, we’re due for a veteran signing. :lol:lol

NASpurs
07-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Just put it this way: there's a reason Boogie is talking to DDR and not just going straight to Pop. His only way in is through the back door.

On a short-term low money deal, though, I think it's worth a flier. If he really cancers things up just cut him, like SJax in 2013.

Bend over, I'll show...eh nvm.

raybies
Agreed there are risks signing Cousins, but if it's only 1 year for little money why not. The Spurs need some crazy/toughness. We had it with Ellie and Willis.
they need some nasty not crazy :lol

You're better than this Mo

paperboy77
If true then absolutely do it! No way it’s a bad for the team. Mo-fo is a post beast but the guy can also shoot! He can hit 3’s for sure. Huge upside if gotten cheap. I think this guy would make Jokics life miserable... till he fouls out.

exstatic
07-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Boogie is a dinosaur. The rule changes that almost prohibit fighting through screens makes every pick and roll a switch situation. He got played off the floor on a number of occasions last year by mismatches due to switches.

GreekSpursfan
07-03-2019, 12:25 PM
We are not winning anything anyway for a couple of years, bring him in just to see. You can't win anything significant with him, thats a given but he's waaay better than anything we have at center so why not? Imagine him of the bench just to get buckets, instant upgrade. He can't play with LMA imo, we're gonna be slow as fuck

raybies
07-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Boogie is a dinosaur. The rule changes that almost prohibit fighting through screens makes every pick and roll a switch situation. He got played off the floor on a number of occasions last year by mismatches due to switches.
if Looney wasn't injured he would of been off the floor much more than he already was. He was absolutely horrendous on defense.

Gibbz
07-03-2019, 12:31 PM
The dude tore his quad in the playoffs--why is everyone writing him off for his Finals series? It showed grit that he even returned. He was very solid for GS in the regular season. If he's willing to come here for what little cap SA has remaining, it is an absolute no-brainer home run. This locker room has had far less talented cancers than Boogie Cousins in it.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 12:33 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Mikeanaro
07-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Slow, no shot, emo fag, locker room cancer.
Not even thread worthy.

Gordy58
07-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Hard pass.

He’s a great passer, he racks up a good amount of steals and blocks, he can hit three at a high rate, obviously still a force down low, great rebounder. If he can be had for 3 mil it’s too good of a bargain for a player of his talent.

TimmyBuckets
07-03-2019, 12:38 PM
How will he fit on team with Poetl and LMA and Rudy and Carrol? Poetl becomes his backup? He's Poetl's backup? LMA's backup? All that aside, if he didn't have the achilles tear, I'd still take him, but now his skills and talent no longer makeup for all of his negatives.

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 12:39 PM
The dude tore his quad in the playoffs--why is everyone writing him off for his Finals series? It showed grit that he even returned. He was very solid for GS in the regular season. If he's willing to come here for what little cap SA has remaining, it is an absolute no-brainer home run. This locker room has had far less talented cancers than Boogie Cousins in it.

He was big in Game 2 of the Finals but nvm the Game 5. :lol

John B
07-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Pop took a chance on Gay. This guy is 28! He will move bodies and create open looks to shooters.

if he’s good friends with Gay, I’m sure him and Demar already on Pop.

Any of Marco, Belli, Mills is a long shot, can be moved to a contender who needs shooters plus veteran.

I think we beat Fakers in WCF

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 12:41 PM

Dwight Howard liked this.

Leetonidas
He was big in Game 2 of the Finals but nvm the Game 5. :lol

The last 2 minutes of his in G5 were some of the most embarrassing sequences I have ever seen from an "all star" player. Cousins sucks :lol yall are so horny for names. A team of all stars couldn't even make this dude look good. He's done

Hoops Czar
He’s a great passer, he racks up a good amount of steals and blocks, he can hit three at a high rate, obviously still a force down low, great rebounder. If he can be had for 3 mil it’s too good of a bargain for a player of his talent.

Don't interrupt his agenda, he's on a roll. Absolute worst case scenario, he's David West and he could be let go. On the cheap, I'm not sure how anyone could think it's a bad signing.

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 12:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1083191049940545536/G8PAOa3E_400x400.jpg

https://pics.me.me/thumb_john-wall-drops-soap-dwight-howard-pick-it-up-john-37987053.png

tonight...you
07-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Ha ha ha! What in the ever-loving Hell?!

SequSpur
07-03-2019, 12:49 PM
hell yes!!!!!!!!!

Spurs would win next 5 ships.. FO!

Texas_Ranger
07-03-2019, 12:49 PM

wtf is this? our new summer league coach or something?

John B
07-03-2019, 12:55 PM
What makes Boggie signing worse than Gasol’s 3 years? This is a no brainer.

I hope Pop/RC just trying to shed salary to get this guy.

ulosturedge
07-03-2019, 12:58 PM
No way. He's a cancer, low BB IQ, and damaged goods at this point in his career. That ship has sailed. Anyways, someone is going to pay him more then he is worth once Kawhi signs somewhere. So this is not happening for many o reasons anyways.

TheGoatishere
07-03-2019, 01:00 PM
No way. He's a cancer, low BB IQ, and damaged goods at this point in his career. That ship has sailed. Anyways, someone is going to pay him more then he is worth once Kawhi signs somewhere. So this is not happening for many o reasons anyways.

There is no market from him atm.

nobody is lining up to sign this guy

ZeusWillJudge
07-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Cousins was a head case and a locker room problem from Day 1. (He's damn near as crazy as Metta World Peace.) Sacto had to bring in his high school coach to try and keep him under control. Ultimately, it cost Paul Westphal his job, because the Maloof brothers didn't think he did a good enough job of babysitting their talented problem child.

When he signed with Golden State, I remember an article about how Cousins was "shedding his reputation as being uncoachable". That was eight years later, so he obviously hadn't shed the reputation in all that time. The article was slobbering all over Kerr about how he could reach Cousins' softer side, or some such shit. Notice that Kerr doesn't want him back now, and figure out whether he is still uncoachable or not.

Here are just a couple of examples. Some of you will remember the second one, since it hits close to home:

---------
On January 1, 2012, head coach Paul Westphal sent Cousins home from the Kings' home game against the New Orleans Hornets, saying that Cousins was "unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team; it cannot be ignored indefinitely."
---------

Nov. 12, 2012 -
DeMarcus Cousins did an immature thing — he heard Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliot was hard on him during the telecast and came out of the locker room in his uniform to confront him “in a hostile manner.”

The league is not fond of players confronting media partners like that, so Cousins got a two-game suspension, sitting out the Kings loss to the Lakers Sunday and he is supposed to sit out Tuesday against Portland. But the players union is appealing the suspension as too harsh, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Dex
07-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Which should be a sign.

Even the dumb teams aren't willing to throw a minimum contract at the guy.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Hopefully Demar is suggesting he takes his talents to the Lakers.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2019, 01:10 PM
not just yes, but uh hell yes

cd98
07-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Cousins is a shell of what he was. No guarantee he can stay healthy and he wasn't all that impressive in limited minutes. GSW played him because they had no choice given their thin roster and injuries. That's without considering character issues. I'm sure someone will gamble on him for a minimum deal, they always do. But he's signing one year deals to prove his talent for a bigger contract down the road, how's he going to respond coming off the bench in limited minutes?

John B
07-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Again if it doesn’t work, Spurs can waive him mid-season

The point is, Boggie is a tier 1 talent when healthy. He brings toughness, rebound, low post defense. If successful, the return could be the championship. Not a stretch. For what, minimum? Fuck yeah! This is a no brainer. Bring him in please!!!

Emperor
07-03-2019, 01:18 PM
We need a big body to throw at Jokic, Embid, Davis, Capela etc. Very low risk pretty high reward tbh.

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-03-2019, 01:19 PM
When Cousins was in New Orleans and Golden State he wasn't a locker room issue. He was even one of the players that tried to deescalate the Dreymond Green and Kevin Durant sideline blow up.The guy was still recovering from being injured with the Warriors but he came back too early and still gave his all to try and help them win.

I honestly think if he is willing to take another short term deal and lost about 15-20lbs he can help our team immensely off the bench. He should be ready to roll at the start of the season unlike the last year also. Pop and RC would most definitely have to make things crystal clear initially before he signs the deal what they expect of him so there will be no confusion

John B
07-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Cousins is a shell of what he was. No guarantee he can stay healthy and he wasn't all that impressive in limited minutes. GSW played him because they had no choice given their thin roster and injuries. That's without considering character issues. I'm sure someone will gamble on him for a minimum deal, they always do. But he's signing one year deals to prove his talent for a bigger contract down the road, how's he going to respond coming off the bench in limited minutes?
2018 16.3 points 8.2 rebounds

kobyz
07-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Boogie is a great guy outside the court, not a cancer at all, you misunderstood him cause he's emotional, but we can really use his shooting and offensive skills as we can't survive 48 minutes with Jacob playing 4 on 5 on offense...

BackHome
07-03-2019, 01:24 PM
I hate the guy but was impressed with his play coming back from an Achilles tear for his size pretty damn impressive. I think for cheap he could really help the team one thing is he could be our enforcer we need no one is going to mess with him. If Pop talks to Kerr and gets a good report and Pop has a come to Jesus meeting with the understanding there is no second strikes and it’s Pop way or the highway.

John B
07-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Face it. Spurs currently are 6-8 seed, even people talking missing the playoffs. Suddenly, championship aspiration for a minimum?

cool cat
07-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Who is this guy talking?

Um, that's Shams one of only two real NBA insiders you can trust.

Larry O
07-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Hell no. We have enough defensive liabilities.

Yeah, this could be Boogie's shortcoming, his defense on guarding the perimeter against smaller, quicker players who are trying to penetrate to the basket. With his lateral movement becoming a possible issue since his Achilles injury, there's speculation that teams scouting on this, will pickup on this, & beat it like an old drum. :) But the question is: could he be used for other game situations when playing against a team with dominate bigs, to draw the big out our to do some paint work inside? We could use some NASTY, at least for a one year signing, just to see how it would work out. Yeah, his attitude & possible style of play could be issues, but at the same time, he could be an asset, too. The only problem would be to clear up a roster spot for him. Who would be the one to go? Metu, Eubanks, or Bertans? This could impede the progress for the youth movement, especially if it were just one year. Any who, it's just us fans hoping & wishing, but in the end, PATFO will do whatever they want.

TimmyBuckets
07-03-2019, 01:28 PM
Defensive liability, nowhere near where he was pre-achilles and quad tear, outdated position, terrible attitude on court and in locker room. There is no reason to sign him.

duncan2150
07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Sorry if that was mentioned before but what have the spurs to sign someone in the free agency ? Are we sure that caroll took a part of the MLE ? I saw something with caroll (cap), gay early bird...

Hoops Czar
07-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Defensive liability, nowhere near where he was pre-achilles and quad tear, outdated position, terrible attitude on court and in locker room. There is no reason to sign him.

LMAO, talking about defensive liabilities with DeRozan, Forbes and Mills on the team.

TimmyBuckets
07-03-2019, 01:34 PM
LMAO, talking about defensive liabilities with DeRozan, Forbes and Mills on the team.

More of a reason not to sign him...

Leetonidas
07-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Sorry if that was mentioned before but what have the spurs to sign someone in the free agency ? Are we sure that caroll took a part of the MLE ? I saw something with caroll (cap), gay early bird...

We don't have any cap space. We only have the MLE. Carroll signed for more than the vet min so logic dictates spurs used a portion of the MLE.

Leetonidas
07-03-2019, 01:42 PM

That's the point. Playing trash defenders on the perimeter is magnified when you're interior defense is shit. At least spurs have solid defense in the front court which is the only reason we aren't complete shit on defense

mookie2001
07-03-2019, 01:46 PM
He’s got to be better than Portl-Potty.

Ice009
07-03-2019, 01:50 PM
I want him in. If he is willing to come for what we have left to offer, then IMO you gotta give it a go.

koriwhat
07-03-2019, 01:52 PM
i'm in the minority camp of people who have always wished for cousins on the spurs. i would've like him more when he was younger but given the same role he had on the warriors i'd take him in a heartbeat on the spurs.

widowmaker
07-03-2019, 01:55 PM
He’s trying to infest the team with stage 4 cancer cause thats all he is is a cancer.

pad300
07-03-2019, 01:56 PM
I'm not at all sure I would bring in Cousins. That said,

Y The only problem would be to clear up a roster spot for him. Who would be the one to go? Metu, Eubanks, or Bertans?

It can't be Eubanks - he's on a two-way and Cousins can't take one of those, he's been in the league too long.

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 01:58 PM
On a vet minimum deal Cousins is going to provide some pretty good value for some team. He's not going to command much money, and he'll be needing a chance to prove he belongs in the league again, so I'd expect him to be a good team player. Not bad for a guy who was considered one of the top two or three bigs in the game a couple of years ago.

That said, I'm not sure I'd bring him to San Antonio.

No reason to given we have LMA and Purrtles the cat

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 02:01 PM
He’s got to be better than Portl-Potty.

Sure, until he gets hurt 10 games into the season

exstatic
07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Face it. Spurs currently are 6-8 seed, even people talking missing the playoffs. Suddenly, championship aspiration for a minimum?

Cousins doesn't move the needle nearly that much. If he moved it at all, there would be a market for him. This is the new 3 point, 7 seconds or less NBA, and he's basically irrelevant.

rjv
07-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Hard pass.

agreed. it's telling that he isn't getting any interest (not even from teams that are always trying to make a splash-like the rockets). he'll eventually get someone to bite but the dude in on the cusp of pouting himself out of the league.

tenbeersbold
07-03-2019, 02:09 PM
The Fuck,no way no how,complete cancer
Enjoyed Timmy clowning his ass every damn time

TDomination
07-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Um, that's Shams one of only two real NBA insiders you can trust.

thanks, would've never guessed. i thought it was just some random dude

ulosturedge
07-03-2019, 02:13 PM

He is still gonna get more then the Vet Min that people are remarking in this thread. NBA players getting max contracts that have no business getting such lucrative contracts. Today's NBA. Some Team is gonna take a flyer on this guy and over pay him. I guarantee it. Just not enough talented players to go around in the NBA.

cd98
07-03-2019, 02:14 PM
2018 16.3 points 8.2 rebounds

Yes, in 30 games. How's he going to look in 82 games and not have the spacing he gets when he plays with Curry, Thompson, and Durant? And what's he going to do to team chemistry when Pop plays him 10 minutes and he wants 30+ to go prove his value to the league?

TheGoatishere
07-03-2019, 02:16 PM
He is still gonna get more then the Vet Min that people are remarking in this thread. NBA players getting max contracts that have no business getting such lucrative contracts. Today's NBA. Some Team is gonna take a flyer on this guy and over pay him. I guarantee it. Just not enough talented players to go around in the NBA.

well if that was the case somebody would have offered him it already ?

woj reported not many teams have interest in him.

I can lakers or clippers offering him a good deal if kawhi returns to Toronto .

exstatic
07-03-2019, 02:21 PM

He doesn't fit today's NBA. If you can't defend at least a little bit in space, you can't play major minutes. He's completely lost in that environment, getting blown by or shot over nearly every time.

Keepin' it real
07-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Of course you sign him.

https://pics.me.me/duh-39847867.png

John B
07-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Cousins doesn't move the needle nearly that much. If he moved it at all, there would be a market for him. This is the new 3 point, 7 seconds or less NBA, and he's basically irrelevant.
The guy put up 16 points, 8 rebounds in 25mpg last year. That is way better than Poeltl. Check
He can depend Jokic or any low post bigs. Check
He would demand double team, open up our shooters. Check
He brings toughness, rebounds. Check

I still believe games will slow down with Dubs down, Rockets in disarray. Zion, Embiid, Jokic, Greek Freak, LeBron/Davis. Big men will start to dominate again, and it doesn’t hurt to have Cousins esp for the minimum.

Dennis the Menace
07-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Cousins can help this team. Him slowing down Jokic, Anthony Davis, etc so Aldridge doesn’t get worn out and has energy for the offensive end is reason enough you sign him up.

If he were to pull a Rudy Gay and bounce back with our training staff during next 2 years then you’re cooking with gas

Dennis the Menace
07-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Aldridge, Poetl, Cousins
Gay and Carroll

That’s solid, plus gives you good insurance in case someone gets injury bug heaven forbid

Gordy58
07-03-2019, 02:39 PM
People are crazy. He was coming off an Achilles injury, obviously he wasn’t t going to put up all star numbers right off the bat. Especially on the warriors with like 3 other scoring options. He’s a great value at 3 mil. He’d be the perfect backup for Jakob and would do great with the second unit his passing and ability to space the floor would mesh well imo. I understand he has his character concerns but what better coach to whip him into shape than Pop? Low risk, extremely high reward situation.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Already got metu and ewwbanks tbh

EricB
07-03-2019, 02:47 PM
You mean Patty the fearless leader of the team and the Cluture wouldn'be be able to mananga one guy?

Hard Pass?

Even if DDR says Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top?

Amazing how much this fanbase loves loves to shut on its own players.

EricB
07-03-2019, 02:47 PM
The guy put up 16 points, 8 rebounds in 25mpg last year. That is way better than Poeltl. Check
He can depend Jokic or any low post bigs. Check
He would demand double team, open up our shooters. Check
He brings toughness, rebounds. Check

I still believe games will slow down with Dubs down, Rockets in disarray. Zion, Embiid, Jokic, Greek Freak, LeBron/Davis. Big men will start to dominate again, and it doesn’t hurt to have Cousins esp for the minimum.

He cant defend so uncheck.

SuperCam
07-03-2019, 02:52 PM
PATFO must be desperate... cousins is a known super cancer in addition to being washed :lol

NASpurs
07-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Got this from reddit. Don't know who the fuck that is :lol

Leetonidas
07-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Got this from reddit

Who tf is this huang dude?

slick'81
07-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Ahh shit kim huang said that!?

NASpurs
07-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Korean TSpence.

John B
07-03-2019, 02:57 PM

I don’t care who Kim Huang is. But yeah! It’s happening :ihit:ihit:ihit

John B
07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Ahh shit kim huang said that!?
Probably Demar’s alter ego

timvp
07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Nov. 12, 2012 -
DeMarcus Cousins did an immature thing — he heard Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliot was hard on him during the telecast and came out of the locker room in his uniform to confront him “in a hostile manner.”

The dumbest part of that was Elliott didn't even say anything bad about Cousins. He was basically laughing at how much Duncan was dominating him.

But, yeah, I mean technically he's a good signing at the minimum on a cost per talent ratio.

However, he has the worst character in the NBA. Pouty, crybaby who always is whining about something. I wouldn't even say he's tough or good crazy (like SJax), Cousins is just a bad apple. With a team full of impressionable young players, he's the last person you want to add to the mix.

Even for basketball reasons, it doesn't make sense. Closing lineups will have Aldridge at center, so Cousins ability to help the team win games would be limited. Cousins and Aldridge together would be slooooow. Bringing Cousins off the bench, he'd have to be the focal point (or else he'd go into full pout mode) and the Spurs just gave Gay a lot of money to handle that role.

I'd be against Cousins for the minimum. Full stop. Even if the DeRozan begs RC and Aldridge tells his agent (same as Cousins now) to make it happen, my bet would be that Cousins gets waived faster than Ron Mercer did.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Already got metu and ewwbanks tbh

haha

tbdog
07-03-2019, 03:05 PM
You absolutely take him for the price we can only offer. We dealt with Gasol for threes years who was worse in nearly every category minus passing and IQ. Cousins compared to the stars of the NBA finals was underwhelming. Plus another offseason recovery from that injury.

Emperor
07-03-2019, 03:05 PM
But does he know about Whataburger being sold to Chicago? That might affect his decision.

John B
07-03-2019, 03:06 PM
The dumbest part of that was Elliott didn't even say anything bad about Cousins. He was basically laughing at how much Duncan was dominating him.

But, yeah, I mean technically he's a good signing at the minimum on a cost per talent ratio.

However, he has the worst character in the NBA. Pouty, crybaby who always is whining about something. I wouldn't even say he's tough or good crazy (like SJax), Cousins is just a bad apple. With a team full of impressionable young players, he's the last person you want to add to the mix.

Even for basketball reasons, it doesn't make sense. Closing lineups will have Aldridge at center, so Cousins ability to help the team win games would be limited. Cousins and Aldridge together would be slooooow. Bringing Cousins off the bench, he'd have to be the focal point (or else he'd go into full pout mode) and the Spurs just gave Gay a lot of money to handle that role.

I'd be against Cousins for the minimum. Full stop. Even if the DeRozan begs RC and Aldridge tells his agent (same as Cousins now) to make it happen, my bet would be that Cousins gets waived faster than Ron Mercer did.
If the glove doesn’t fit, cut holes. :lol:lol

He will be in his best behavior meeting with Pop :lol:lol

testies
07-03-2019, 03:13 PM
is there a way we can offload DePression?

slick'81
07-03-2019, 03:18 PM
is there a way we can offload DePression?

His new bff gay just resigned and now hes recruiting cousins...ddr isnt going anywhere

Big Empty
07-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Korean TSpence.
LMFAO TSPENCE is a legend around her because of Gasol a few years ago right? ��

KobesAchilles
07-03-2019, 03:22 PM
We already have Gay, Demar, Belli, Bertans, and Patty. 5 people I was hoping to unload during the offseason. Might as well add Cousins to the Spurs. It can’t make the team any more unlikeable for me. At the end of the day I will still say GSG

slick'81
07-03-2019, 03:25 PM
We already have Gay, Demar, Belli, Bertans, and Patty. 5 people I was hoping to unload during the offseason. Might as well add Cousins to the Spurs. It can’t make the team any more unlikeable for me. At the end of the day I will still say GSG

:lobt2::flag:

Drom John
07-03-2019, 03:26 PM
While I root for laundry, I preferred the Fiesta uniforms.

Pavlov
07-03-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm not crazy about dropping Metu this early and Boogie is pretty much limited to backup C. Will have to defer to the FO if they think they can handle all the baggage. Doesn't seem like a fit but what do I know?

tbdog
07-03-2019, 03:27 PM
If we get cousins, you absolutely try and trade for Covington for a 1st and salary.

Ron Swanson
07-03-2019, 03:29 PM
1. Woj/Shams
2. Huang
3. Amick

This shit is real, y’all.

Joseph Kony
07-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Oh my god if the Spurs sign this friggin loser im gonna be so annoyed. this isn't pre-achilles Cousins. this dude is useless in 2020's NBA

8FOR!3
07-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Hard pass.

I get your perspective. Here's the thing though, I don't think he's a bad person. He's definitely a punk, has highs and lows, but it could be a super low risk situation. I just think it'd give our team too much talent to pass on. LMA/Boogie would give teams a lot of fits. And there's a decent chance he comes back this year a substantially better player than last year. If it doesn't work out, cut him or try and get assets back for him if possible. I think our organization is strong enough not to have to worry about him causing chemistry problems with the team that getting rid of him wouldn't solve.

monty4329
07-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Each few years we see an anormous talent waste a career. DMC is one of those cases. Total headcase in SAC, unforgivable even in the pathetic organization he was in. Then came the injuries, and the game passed by him. If he had a good attitude, he could be a great backup, playable several minutes in some games.

Unfortunately, if he has a couple of good games he thinks he is the new Hakeem and starts asking for touches and whatnot. He is who he is. Pity, great talent. Pass.

MannyIsGod
07-03-2019, 03:35 PM

The young players is why I don't want him here. I don't think he moves the needle but he definitely is a bad person to have around a bunch of rookies and 2-3 year vets. The Spurs should be looking for a diamond in the rough right now and Cousins just doesn't help that.

Duncan(DonPerro)
07-03-2019, 03:36 PM
As I’ve read in Reddit...

“Demar... Demarre... Demarcus... Lamarcus”

:lol

+10

John B
07-03-2019, 03:40 PM
To me it seems that Cousin's is filling his perscription for an Emotional support animal in that mean old rabid dog.

If this shit about Cousins happens, I’d forget about nephew :lol:lol

Spurs9
07-03-2019, 03:43 PM
You guys are crazy if you don't want him for the vet min. He beasted when he was healthy for the Pelicans. Even a fraction of himself he can bang people down low in the paint and hit 3s from outside decently. He will continue to get healthier and he wasn't even a problem attitude wise with the Warriors.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2019, 03:57 PM
op with one of the bad takes of the year...

wtf do u want to extend wombat to max to bring back his bs towel waving diving on the court drawing charges that doesnt get calls anymore

Keepin' it real
07-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Some people being too smart for their own good (like Pop benching Tim when Spurs were one rebound from a title in 2013). Way too smart.

Signing him is a no-brainer with almost no downside and HUGE upside.

Drom John
07-03-2019, 03:58 PM
ESPN Real Plus Minus Center rates

RPM
11 Ed Davis
12 DeMarcus Cousins
13 Andre Drummond

19 Myles Turner
20 LaMarcus Aldridge
21 DeAndre Jordan

24 Nene Hilario
25 Jakob Poeltl
26 Nerlens Noel

39 Mitchell Robinson
40 Pau Gasol
41 Tyler Zeller

ORPM
11 Marc Gasol
12 LaMarcus Aldridge
13 Rudy Gobert

17 Enes Kanter
18 Jakob Poeltl
19 Dewayne Dedmon

26 Jarrett Allen
27 DeMarcus Cousins
28 Mitchell Robinson

55 Dwight Howard
56 Pau Gasol
57 Ante Zizac

DRPM
7 Nikola Vucevic
8 DeMarcus Cousins
9 Brook Lopez

23 Ian Mahimni
24 Pau Gasol
25 Ivica Zubac

38 Dwight Howard
39 Jakob Poeltl
40 Thomas Welch

46 Greg Monroe
47 LaMarcus Aldridge
48 Mitchell Robinson

WINS
11 Steven Adams
12 LaMarcus Aldridge
13 Willy Cauley-Stein

26 Alex Len
27 Jakob Poeltl
28 DeMarcus Cousins
29 Nerlens Noel

49 Ian Mahimni
50 Pau Gasol
51 Damian Jones

Hmm, upgrade on Gasol/Motiejunas, yes.

TD 21
07-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Never thought I'd see the day where Cousins was supposedly open to being a Spur (he must be desperate because it probably goes against ever fiber of his being) . . . still don't think I'll see the day where the Spurs are open to Cousins being one though.

I'd have no interest. Even though they could use a third center, he's practically everything they don't need for all the obvious reasons.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Some people being too smart for their own good (like Pop benching Tim when Spurs were one rebound from a title in 2013). Way too smart.

Signing him is a no-brainer with almost no downside and HUGE upside.

this

Mugen
07-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Hard pass.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 04:11 PM
If it means cutting dead weight like ewwbanks fck it i guess

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2019, 04:12 PM
At first I thought of it as a joke when someone mentioned him last week, but now that it’s realistic I’m actually intrigued ngl....

Jakoby or whatever that scrub’s name is, is not the answer. Dude brings nothing offensively and defense is supposed to be his specialty but could not be trusted to guard Jokic 1 on 1. Pop knew this and had to send the whole team to help, causing DEN role players to get an absurd amount of open shots. Puddle is a nice backup Center but a starter he’s not.

For being a 5th option and a recovery year, he really didn’t have that bad of a year last year. His advanced stats are positive as well. I’d welcome a good passer and strong inside presence that LMA often lacks, especially if it’s for half the MLE. You have to do it.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2019, 04:12 PM
cousins on the spurs, probably also wants to be on teamusa for the upcomming international tournaments?

Joseph Kony
07-03-2019, 04:15 PM
You guys are crazy if you don't want him for the vet min. He beasted when he was healthy for the Pelicans. Even a fraction of himself he can bang people down low in the paint and hit 3s from outside decently. He will continue to get healthier and he wasn't even a problem attitude wise with the Warriors.

no he didnt. they had a losing record with him and when he went down they actually played better and made the playoffs without him :lmao

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Cousins/Poeltl
Aldridge/Bertans
Gay/Johnson
DeRozan/Walker
White/Murray

Thoughts?

John B
07-03-2019, 04:21 PM
This would be the best move to extend his career tbh

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Pro - Low cost, relatively high upside. Spurs are set with the current roster for the next two years which even if it overachieves isn’t getting to the Finals. Gotta take some chances and unless Pop is going to coach until he’s 110 years old like Snyder at K State realistically these are his last two seasons.

Con - Covered already in thread. Potential locker room disruptor for a team with no drama since Nephew bailed.

Larry O
07-03-2019, 04:23 PM
+10

Ha, ha ha, yeah, it's gonna be a nightmare for play-by-play announcers & color commentators when they cover a Spurs game as they could possibly confuse these names! :)

John B
07-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Cousins/Poeltl
Aldridge/Bertans
Gay/Johnson
DeRozan/Walker
White/Murray

Thoughts?
You’re forgetting Carroll. But yeah, I’d run that against any team, any time.

Larry O
07-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Ha, ha ha, yeah, it's gonna be a nightmare for play-by-play announcers & color commentators when they cover a Spurs game as they could possibly confuse these names! :)

DeMar, DeMarre, DeMarcus, LaMarcus...

Hoops Czar
07-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Pro - Low cost, relatively high upside. Spurs are set with the current roster for the next two years which even if it overachieves isn’t getting to the Finals. Gotta take some chances and unless Pop is going to coach until he’s 110 years old like Snyder at K State realistically these are his last two seasons.

Con - Covered already in thread. Potential locker room disruptor for a team with no drama since Nephew bailed.

And like S-jax, he can be waived just as easily.

Budkin
07-03-2019, 04:34 PM
He just needs a Pop to whip him into shape... and a Tim Duncan to bring his game to next level status! :lol

Chillen
07-03-2019, 04:39 PM
He's a good fit for this team and he proved with Warriors he can keep his cool and compete. Spurs should sign him, nobody is even talking about the Spurs this offseason.

CGD
07-03-2019, 04:45 PM
This would be the best move to extend his career tbh

Yeah, it’s great for Cousins. Not a fan for the spurs

ducks
07-03-2019, 04:47 PM
For rest of mle why not
If he does not work out cut him

Degoat
07-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Well if kawhi goes back to Toronto, I’m sure one of the LA teams grab him

r0drig0lac
07-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Cousins/Poeltl
Aldridge/Bertans
Gay/Johnson
DeRozan/Walker
White/Murray

Thoughts?

except Kawhi on the Lakers, they could beat any team in the league

TimmyBuckets
07-03-2019, 04:56 PM
except Kawhi on the Lakers, they could beat any team in the league

Spurs can't beat shit. Couldn't even beat Nugs. Dejounte and DeMarkAssBitch aren't gonna miraculously make Spurs a contender.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 04:57 PM
He's a good fit for this team and he proved with Warriors he can keep his cool and compete. Spurs should sign him, nobody is even talking about the Spurs this offseason.

Because we havent done much but yea if hes willing bring dmc in

tbdog
07-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Cousins need spurs more than spurs need him. He should be in.his best behaviour. It's not like the guy is going through a court case which will disrupt things or is rehabbing. He is good to go and wants to show he can win. Gay came here for the same reason while rehabbing. Is see this as a win.

UZER
07-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Will he finally fight Sean?

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 05:06 PM

Fuuuu

phxspurfan
07-03-2019, 05:08 PM
He just needs a Pop to whip him into shape... and a Tim Duncan to bring his game to next level status! :lol

Rudy Gay tbh. Giving Spurs FO dat street cred coming off his own torn achilles and ballin out to a new deal

chunticakes
07-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Cousins/Poeltl
Aldridge/Bertans
Gay/Johnson
DeRozan/Walker
White/Murray

Thoughts?

Nice lineup, tbh.

Chillen
07-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Jakob isn't ready to be a starting center, sign Cousins bring Jakob off bench. It works for Cousins because Spurs can give him load management and start him.

tbdog
07-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Excellent lineup. I think LMA would enjoy working with Cousins. Cousins can spread the floor like Gasol did but also punish in the post. I can't imagine Harden guarding Cousins like he did with Gasol. Also Cousins specifically has reached out. He could sign for the Rockets for the minimum. And although Cousins has a rep for being a bad team mate, not much of that has surfaced the last two seasons. After his injury, he was still with the Pelicans, unlike what we dealt with. I think Cousins wanted to stay in NO, but they offered a deal he was humiliated with so decided to rehab with a cheap ring. It didn't pan out. He was overwhelmed by all the stars in the finals. But he was still out there closing the game.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Def would take him.

poopbox
07-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Hard pass.

So can you point me to your Pau Gasol is a cancer post? Cause that dude didn't do shit here but cry about his minutes...cry about being a starter...pout on the bench when he wasn't...and then soon as Poeltl took his spot he wanted out...he was a traffic cone the entire time he was here...broke his hand...got a stinger...pretty much missed all last year with a foot injury...

Oh and he did all of this on a 48 million dollar contract...and aren't we paying him next year more money than we could actually pay Boogie this year...?

There is a very specific type of front office that would give washed up Pau Gasol 48 million over 3 but won't sign Boogie for WAY less...and that type of front office is a fucking bad one...

Just trying to make sure posters here stay consistent...cause you can't be out here calling Boogie out for wining where if I go to Spurs.com and click on 10 pau gasol shootaround interviews 5 of them are about him and starting and his minutes and "he will talk to Pop about it"...

Dennis the Menace
07-03-2019, 05:29 PM
So can you point me to your Pau Gasol is a cancer post? Cause that dude didn't do shit here but cry about his minutes...cry about being a starter...pout on the bench when he wasn't...and then soon as Poeltl took his spot he wanted out...he was a traffic cone the entire time he was here...broke his hand...got a stinger...pretty much missed all last year with a foot injury...

Oh and he did all of this on a 48 million dollar contract...and aren't we paying him next year more money than we could actually pay Boogie this year...?

There is a very specific type of front office that would give washed up Pau Gasol 48 million over 3 but won't sign Boogie for WAY less...and that type of front office is a fucking bad one...

Just trying to make sure posters here stay consistent...cause you can't be out here calling Boogie out for wining where if I go to Spurs.com and click on 10 pau gasol shootaround interviews 5 of them are about him and starting and his minutes and "he will talk to Pop about it"...

ulosturedge
07-03-2019, 05:35 PM
He doesn't fit today's NBA. If you can't defend at least a little bit in space, you can't play major minutes. He's completely lost in that environment, getting blown by or shot over nearly every time.

So give me a price point. Vet Min for him would be what like 2.5mil a year? Derrick Rose got 2 years 15mil, and he's more washed up then DMC. Someone's gonna give him atleast what Derrick Rose got. What would be a good price for the Spurs?

Chillen
07-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Boogie looked alright in the Finals, but he fits in with the team the Spurs have so that would be a huge incentive to sign him

Pau was obviously washed up he was ok in 2017 but that's it. How many minutes did he play for Bucks before he broke down?

If Cousins wants to play for the Spurs and they don't find a way to get it done that's on the front office.

Blackhaus
07-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Boogie looked alright in the Finals, but he fits in with the team the Spurs have so that would be a huge incentive to sign him

Pau was obviously washed up he was ok in 2017 but that's it. How many minutes did he play for Bucks before he broke down?

If Cousins wants to play for the Spurs and they don't find a way to get it done that's on the front office.

he looked terrible in the finals, the injury killed all his lift. He couldn’t jump over a phone book, his outside shot was non existent and his bully ball was not effective. Dude is a shell of his former self.

Buuut, if he’s avail for the min, welcome aboard

DC23
07-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Boogie has no lift or explosiveness left. I am not a Boogie fan due to his poor attitude and childish behavior, however, he suffered a very sad, career ending injury. He'll never be a fraction of what he once was. Big guys don't come back from Achilles injuries. He'll be signing veteran minimums for the rest of his career, if he's fortunate enough to get picked up by an NBA team.

Blackhaus
07-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Yup, he better really fine tune his jump shot to an above 40% shooter if he wants any success

poopbox
07-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Also...as far as a real basketball take...the spurs have exactly one path to a title...and that is to be a top 5 offense...and with Boogie they could be the best offense in the league...he is a great passer...would be a willing passer here...and his passing would actually lead to open 3's unlike LMA's "i can only hand the ball to the guy next to me" passing...

Defense will be bad...but that is happening anyway since if it is not Boogie in the 3 big rotation it will be Eubanks...Meut...Luka...yet to be signed trash 3rd big...so the pick and roll defense is going to be trash either way...you might as well let it be trash with a guy who might put up 20 and 10 in 15 minutes...

As far as his attitude...he spent his career playing for arguably the most disorganized franchise in the league...of course he was a head case...like...Rudy has been nominated for teammate of the year...and even he flat out turned down 14 million to play for the Kings WHILE coming off an achilles tear...says a lot about them...

Funny enough...the pelicans culture is pretty dysfunctional but he was fine their...warriors culture is fine their...and that's who cousins is...he is going to rise or sink to the culture around him...the spurs hilariously enough still have a strong culture so i expect him to be fine...

Him and Pop wilt get along fine...this isn't 2002 and Pop isn't nearly the taskmaster he used to be...and Boogie probably would respect a coach like that instead of Ty Corbin who was scared to even look him in his eye...

gameFACE
07-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Get him to anger management therapy, summer league, Austin Spurs and then maybe.

YoungbuckMurray
07-03-2019, 06:02 PM
The fact that boogie seems to want to come here tells me he’s ready to work and get his game/career back on track. If we can get him and revive his career he would be a really good option now and in the future

MannyIsGod
07-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Also...as far as a real basketball take...the spurs have exactly one path to a title...and that is to be a top 5 offense...and with Boogie they could be the best offense in the league...he is a great passer...would be a willing passer here...and his passing would actually lead to open 3's unlike LMA's "i can only hand the ball to the guy next to me" passing...

Defense will be bad...but that is happening anyway since if it is not Boogie in the 3 big rotation it will be Eubanks...Meut...Luka...yet to be signed trash 3rd big...so the pick and roll defense is going to be trash either way...you might as well let it be trash with a guy who might put up 20 and 10 in 15 minutes...

As far as his attitude...he spent his career playing for arguably the most disorganized franchise in the league...of course he was a head case...like...Rudy has been nominated for teammate of the year...and even he flat out turned down 14 million to play for the Kings WHILE coming off an achilles tear...says a lot about them...

Funny enough...the pelicans culture is pretty dysfunctional but he was fine their...warriors culture is fine their...and that's who cousins is...he is going to rise or sink to the culture around him...the spurs hilariously enough still have a strong culture so i expect him to be fine...

Him and Pop wilt get along fine...this isn't 2002 and Pop isn't nearly the taskmaster he used to be...and Boogie probably would respect a coach like that instead of Ty Corbin who was scared to even look him in his eye...

If everything is so rosy, why isn't he resigning with GS? The fact of the matter is that they're run very much like the Spurs are and they apparently want nothing to do with him.

That's a HUGE red flag.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 06:05 PM
If everything is so rosy, why isn't he resigning with GS? The fact of the matter is that they're run very much like the Spurs are and they apparently want nothing to do with him.

That's a HUGE red flag.

They got a better younger option in stein

spurraider21
07-03-2019, 06:07 PM
If its for the minimum, why not

DC23
07-03-2019, 06:08 PM

That's a HUGE red flag.
Agreed 100%. Boogie whines and pouts non-stop. I don't think GSW wants to deal with him again. He was always complaining about not getting enough touches despite the expectations being made very clear to him in the beginning of the year.

GreekSpursfan
07-03-2019, 06:12 PM
If he doesn't lose weight its over for him. He gambled by going to GS and it backfired. I agree that nobody seems to want him besides the vet min imo.

BackHome
07-03-2019, 06:12 PM
If Kerr tells Pop he was a good soldier you sign him

Dennis the Menace
07-03-2019, 06:19 PM
It’s a now or never for him. Either he’s able to recover and develop his game at the next team or his NBA career is finished.

When someone comes to grips with this, is at the crossroads they either bend or break. I think he’ll do whatever is needed. Otherwise he’ll be in Europe or China and he knows this.

The spurs staff is his best chance of reviving his career. If this blossoms, Spurs struck gold.

tbdog
07-03-2019, 06:24 PM
So give me a price point. Vet Min for him would be what like 2.5mil a year? Derrick Rose got 2 years 15mil, and he's more washed up then DMC. Someone's gonna give him atleast what Derrick Rose got. What would be a good price for the Spurs?

Rose was healthy all year, shot well, had a 50 point and winning block game, played a position of need for Pistons.

tbdog
07-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Boogie has no lift or explosiveness left. I am not a Boogie fan due to his poor attitude and childish behavior, however, he suffered a very sad, career ending injury. He'll never be a fraction of what he once was. Big guys don't come back from Achilles injuries. He'll be signing veteran minimums for the rest of his career, if he's fortunate enough to get picked up by an NBA team.

He wss recovery from the injury and was looking better than expected but then he got another injury and somehow made it back. Give him a healthy offseason and you'd get more.

ZeusWillJudge
07-03-2019, 06:27 PM

Yep. Agree with all of it, including passing on him at the vet min. I'm convinced that little experiment in New Orleans played a part in Davis getting fed up and wanting out. Like any great player, Davis wanted the team to bring in other talent that gave them a shot at winning. Boogie wasn't that, even though his numbers were big.

I hadn't thought about Mercer, but I did think about Drew Gooden. He had averaged 13 and 9 the same year the Spurs brought him in. He was only here for a couple of months, and Pop didn't want any part of bringing him back. Cousins has more talent, but brings more baggage. The Warriors had a year with him, and they don't want any part of bringing him back - even though he's capable of putting up big numbers, and they will be without Durant and Klay. Logically, they ought to be begging him to come back. They fact that they aren't, even when it sounds like he'd sign for cheap? That ought to tell people everything they need to know.

I hope the rumor isn't true about the Spurs considering him. I guess it doesn't cost anything to talk to him. But the Spurs have a young core that should get them well into the playoffs, and I would much rather see them get the minutes. And I hate to even think about him ever being on the floor and hogging the ball from Aldridge. I know therapists don't count against the salary cap, but Pop would still have to give LMA days off to go to counselling.

Leetonidas
07-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Lol at the dummies in this thread thinkng cousins is a difference maker for SA. Dude is a loser thru and thru. Some of yall are way too enamored over sexy names and don't actual fucking watch basketball.

LASToog36
07-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Id take him.. he has something to prove to the world and would be a good enforcer

gambit1990
07-03-2019, 06:34 PM
if it’s for the minimum then that’s a no brainer.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Lol at the dummies in this thread thinkng cousins is a difference maker for SA. Dude is a loser thru and thru. Some of yall are way too enamored over sexy names and don't actual fucking watch basketball.

Hes beyond done soo hed be the perfect spur tbh

tbdog
07-03-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure why Warriors don't want him back. They can over offer him little more than he got last season. Perhaps he doesn't go to bible studies with Curry. But he did play in the finals including down the stretch. If your a starting center in the finals and relied upon by your coach down the stretch, I think you can play anywhere. And for the record I think Warriors have poor leaders other than Iggy.

timtonymanu
07-03-2019, 06:40 PM
I’d rather have Pau Gasol again than Cousins anywhere near a Spurs uniform.

LASToog36
I agree... i wanna see him and joker bang down low

exstatic

:lol. No one is giving boogie 2/15. His fucking agent can’t even get calls retuned.

drpill
I agree it’s probably a risk worth taking. It’s hilarious to imagine adding Boogie Cousins to our roster of veteran career losers, but there is the possibility that he is the spark plug the Spurs would need to actually think about contending this year and the next. IF they can feel confident that there’s a good chance he will buy in, and be a good soldier, then I think you have to give it a shot and see what comes of it.

I do understand the concern that he will have a poor attitude and that this will rub off on our younger players. But I think DJ, Derrick and Lonnie are all high character, hard working young men and probably wouldn’t absorb much of that, if any. Don’t know enough about the rookies to have the same confidence, yet.

Ulysses
07-03-2019, 06:42 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=54597&dateline=1558767719

DAF86
07-03-2019, 06:47 PM
If he accepts being a 3rd string center for the minimum, why not?

tbdog
07-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Go for it. It would be an interesting season, that's for sure. Personally it's an upgrade from Gasol. We go into the season with Cousins instead Gasol. Improved Walker, Poeltl and White. Carroll over Cunningham. And add Murray. That's a big upgrade.

raybies
07-03-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure why Warriors don't want him back. They can over offer him little more than he got last season. Perhaps he doesn't go to bible studies with Curry. But he did play in the finals including down the stretch. If your a starting center in the finals and relied upon by your coach down the stretch, I think you can play anywhere. And for the record I think Warriors have poor leaders other than Iggy.
bruh did you even watch the finals... he played very poorly and almost cost them one of the games they won. And they didn't rely upon him.. Looney played much better but was injured so they HAD to play him. They played much better without him. He was a liability on defense and on offense which is his bread and butter he played very passively and scared.

drpill
07-03-2019, 06:56 PM
I admit I did not see much of him in the playoffs. If he is as washed as all that then maybe forget I said anything. :lol

raybies
07-03-2019, 06:56 PM
wouldn't even touch him at the minimum with an agreed upon 3rd string role. Let someone else gamble.. we already have 2 headcases

DAF86
07-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Cousins should go to a lottery team that allows him to stat pad so that maybe he gets his price back up. He was guaranteed to get a max contract before getting injured. Tough break.

look_at_g_shred
07-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Y’all act like his strength beneath the rim wouldn’t help in the post season.

NASpurs
07-03-2019, 06:59 PM
I’d rather have Pau Gasol again than Cousins anywhere near a Spurs uniform.

raybies
07-03-2019, 07:02 PM
you act like thats worth anything when every point guard will destroy the team in the pnr rendering him useless. then have him pout when he has to come out.

DAF86
07-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Maybe word spread around about Spurs' loyalty contracts and Boogie figures this would be the safest way to make up for all the money he lost with his injury.

timtonymanu
07-03-2019, 07:04 PM

You don’t get it. He’s not a Pop guy, he would be even more soft and pouty than LMA is when things get tough. He threatened Sean Elliott. Just no.

DAF86
07-03-2019, 07:04 PM
I agree it’s probably a risk worth taking. It’s hilarious to imagine adding Boogie Cousins to our roster of veteran career losers, but there is the possibility that he is the spark plug the Spurs would need to actually think about contending this year and the next. IF they can feel confident that there’s a good chance he will buy in, and be a good soldier, then I think you have to give it a shot and see what comes of it.

I do understand the concern that he will have a poor attitude and that this will rub off on our younger players. But I think DJ, Derrick and Lonnie are all high character, hard working young men and probably wouldn’t absorb much of that, if any. Don’t know enough about the rookies to have the same confidence, yet.

If we sign Cousins we should just go all the way and sign Carmelo too.

DeRozan
Carmelo
Rudy
Aldridge
Cousins

John B
07-03-2019, 07:21 PM
You’ll think we are talking about a 39 yrs old Gasol. The guy is 28!

spurraider21
07-03-2019, 07:25 PM
look how much better gay was 2 years after his achilles as opposed to when he first returned. its an obvious yes to a vets minimum flier

raybies
07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
You’ll think we are talking about a 39 yrs old Gasol. The guy is 28!
https://media.giphy.com/media/fQSxKjKbAwjxqjJshU/giphy.gif

dbestpro
07-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Only true Spur fans would want Cousins on the team. All the rest sound like talking head puppets.

timtonymanu
07-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Only true Spur fans would want Cousins on the team. All the rest sound like talking head puppets.

Yet pop wouldn’t so shut up faggot

raybies
forgot the blue font

Slippy
No to Boogie. Since that injury his defense is not upto the required NBA standard. Not mobile enough . In the playoffs, he only had moments offensively and on the other end they carved him up. Was unplayable at times.

timtonymanu
07-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Funny how some are fine with shitting on Kawhi for his lockerroom issues but want an inefficient Demarcus cousins in the lockerroom as well :lol

89SpursFan
07-03-2019, 08:16 PM
DeMarcus tore his quad in game 2 against the Clippers so it's unfair to use his playoff performance against him. He was playing injured to help his team. Evidently he is better now so I would say he is worth the risk.

bayareaspursfan
07-03-2019, 08:30 PM
Hard pass.

I think the season after that cousins apologized to Elliot and elliot was all praise for cousins like "I see maturity and I appreciate the effort by cousins "

tbdog
07-03-2019, 08:36 PM
bruh did you even watch the finals... he played very poorly and almost cost them one of the games they won. And they didn't rely upon him.. Looney played much better but was injured so they HAD to play him. They played much better without him. He was a liability on defense and on offense which is his bread and butter he played very passively and scared.

I think he was the worse of the stars but he wasn't mess. He also was coming back from a significant injury and only had play 30 regular season games. Then was forced to play against the highest competition at its most significant part of the season whilst coming back from another big injury. To even be on the floor should be considered a success for him.

FireMicoHalili
07-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Who is this guy talking?

Jo Koy

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Some here still doesn't want Cousins even if the price is right but no one in the Spurs roster can do what Cousins did to Jokic - I'm referring to their one-on-one match-up:

https://youtu.be/KmZ7qGwKXVg

poopbox
07-03-2019, 08:44 PM

That's a HUGE red flag.

Why would he want to re-sign with golden state? They run a perimeter centered offense and they really only ever want their bigs to catch lobs...

They signed Looney for next to nothing...signed WCS for the minimum...they obviously don't value the center position very much...as they shouldn't with Steph and D Lo...

Also he is someone who really knows what went down with KD injury...and I'm someone who thinks the warriors actually did to KD what the media tries to convince everyone the spurs did to Kawhi...

How do we know that they didn't ask him to come back and he said no?

KD bounced up out of their quick...Iggy was talking really foul about the warriors in that breakfast club interview...Klay put it out their that unless he got the max he was going to field offers from other teams...JOrdan Bell bounced out quick...something is going on their that it seems like other players not named Boogie didn't want to be around either...

Uriel
07-03-2019, 08:49 PM
:lol at all the people here saying they'd take him for the minimum and a backup role. There's no way in hell he'd accept that, even for the Spurs.

donaldsonian
07-03-2019, 08:51 PM
My hope is that the Spurs can unload Belinelli. If that happens, I see no problem in taking a gamble on someone like Cousins.

NickiRasgo
07-03-2019, 08:55 PM
My hope is that the Spurs can unload Belinelli. If that happens, I see no problem in taking a gamble on someone like Cousins.

76ers is a good spot after losing Reddick.

DAF86
07-03-2019, 09:03 PM
:lol at all the people here saying they'd take him for the minimum and a backup role. There's no way in hell he'd accept that, even for the Spurs.

Then maybe you should consider the fact those comments as people's way of saying: "thanks you, but no" to Cousins.

slick'81
07-03-2019, 09:06 PM
76ers is a good spot after losing Reddick.

Except they dont want him