PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Parity restored?

lefty
07-06-2019, 08:31 AM
I hope so :cry

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2019, 08:36 AM
It's restored if you mean there are no longer any superteams, yes..

TDMVPDPOY
07-06-2019, 08:50 AM
lebronze aint goig to win shit with AD the most overraated scrub

midnightpulp
07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
No. Because one of the players in the league who've won the most rings over the past decade will likely collect another one, be it Curry (the Warriors are still a threat, don't be fooled. Curry plus Draymond is a contending core anyway you slice it. If D-Bust fits, they won't drop off much), Kiwi, or Lebron (if the Lakers happen to pull off some improbable trade deadline acquisition). "Parity" would have it where the Blazers and Nuggets are legit contenders. They aren't. It's Curry, Kiwi, Lebron's league. Bucks (Giannis still needs a jumper) and Sixers might make some noise, but I think the title is the Clippers to lose. Paul George was quietly the RPM leader last year.

ambchang
07-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Nope. The same few teams. Just that we have three clear favourites instead of one.

Seventyniner
07-06-2019, 10:51 AM
The East is back to being irrelevant too. We're right back to the days of the WCF being the actual Finals.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 10:58 AM
No. Because one of the players in the league who've won the most rings over the past decade will likely collect another one, be it Curry (the Warriors are still a threat, don't be fooled. Curry plus Draymond is a contending core anyway you slice it. If D-Bust fits, they won't drop off much), Kiwi, or Lebron (if the Lakers happen to pull off some improbable trade deadline acquisition). "Parity" would have it where the Blazers and Nuggets are legit contenders. They aren't. It's Curry, Kiwi, Lebron's league. Bucks (Giannis still needs a jumper) and Sixers might make some noise, but I think the title is the Clippers to lose. Paul George was quietly the RPM leader last year.

Sure...but it’s always been that way. Elite players are elite. One of them them is always going to get a ring somewhere. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Shaq. Even back to before then.

But we’re closer to that not happening than we’ve been in a while. Even if it doesn’t actually not happen.

Thread
07-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Sure...but it’s always been that way. Elite players are elite. One of them them is always going to get a ring somewhere. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Shaq.

Don't forget Kobe, he doubled after Daddy left.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Don't forget Kobe, he doubled after Daddy left.

I said “elite” players.

midnightpulp
07-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Sure...but it’s always been that way. Elite players are elite. One of them them is always going to get a ring somewhere. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Shaq. Even back to before then.

But we’re closer to that not happening than we’ve been in a while. Even if it doesn’t actually not happen.

Indeed. The NBA has never had parity. Whichever team has one (or more) of the top 5 players in the league, wins.

Thread
07-06-2019, 11:21 AM
I said “elite” players.

See, you can't be a partner in discussion when you act like this. You're in denial about Kobe just like you are about Leonard. You're a squirt.

Chucho
07-06-2019, 11:39 AM
See, you can't be a partner in discussion when you act like this. You're in denial about Kobe just like you are about Leonard. You're a squirt.

He said elite players, Cub. Kobe is not elite. We're talking Top 10 GOAT talent, not rapey chuckers no one liked and repayed the generosity of the stupid Buss kids by fucking that franchise straight dead.

I know it's been rough for you the last 7 years and you have no inclination to be honest about the present, but it is what it is. Your team is a laughing stock that a simple minded autist took for the biggest mind fucking ever right after your God, Rapey McFuckface, fucked yall raw and left you in the gutter to die.

God bless LBJ. He tried. A legit GOAT couldnt breathe life back into what your rapist did to your once beautiful franchise. Kobe killed the Lakers and his personal errand boy Pelinka is Kobe by extension. Years removed from playing and he's still fucking that carcass.

Millennial_Messiah
07-06-2019, 12:56 PM
I agree with this thread. Feels more like the 2003-February 2008 era of the West being a dogfight between multiple contenders, rather than a foregone conclusion. (The 2012-2014 era was fairly similar out west, but we all knew the Heatles were making the Finals out East.) But since 2015 the NBA has been super boring because the ending has been pretty much a given since October. Also, I hope we'll see less "tank" games from contenders and stars playing 70, 75, 80 games, like in the 2000s, instead of the customary 60-65 which has become the new norm.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2019, 01:04 PM
He said elite players, Cub. Kobe is not elite. We're talking Top 10 GOAT talent, not rapey chuckers no one liked and repayed the generosity of the stupid Buss kids by fucking that franchise straight dead.

I know it's been rough for you the last 7 years and you have no inclination to be honest about the present, but it is what it is. Your team is a laughing stock that a simple minded autist took for the biggest mind fucking ever right after your God, Rapey McFuckface, fucked yall raw and left you in the gutter to die.

God bless LBJ. He tried. A legit GOAT couldnt breathe life back into what your rapist did to your once beautiful franchise. Kobe killed the Lakers and his personal errand boy Pelinka is Kobe by extension. Years removed from playing and he's still fucking that carcass.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/vb.1727434234144435/1812214412333083/

Whitlock

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 01:27 PM

Bend over, I’ll fucking give you a squirt.

And how does anyone expect to have a discussion with you when you keep making up shit. Just wait until search is enabled.

chunticakes
07-06-2019, 01:32 PM

And how does anyone expect to have a discussion with you when you keep making up shit. Just wait until search is enabled.

Poor old Cub's gone senile. Hanging on to the ol' glory days.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Poor old Cub's gone senile. Hanging on to the ol' glory days.

Just wait until he sees Green’s ball handling for a full season.

chunticakes
07-06-2019, 01:42 PM

God, I've seen mongoloids with better handles than Verde.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 01:57 PM
God, I've seen mongoloids with better handles than Verde.

And I bet they didn’t make $15,000,000 per year.

Thread
07-06-2019, 02:13 PM

Kobe squeezed in that double after the rape.

Kobe: 5
Trump: 1

Thread
07-06-2019, 02:14 PM

Though you never said a word about such when he toiled for you. Then the sun rose & set on his ass.

Thread
07-06-2019, 02:17 PM

& you'll shit & fall back in it.

You had it, 5, then the 6th you ended up with, a back-to-back, Duncan: 6 Kobe: 5. But, you fucked up & I got you by those short hairs. Ewww. I'm gonna pull on 'em hard, nonetheless.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Though you never said a word about such when he toiled for you. Then the sun rose & set on his ass.

There you go again. I’ll give you some direct quotes should search ever be enabled.

Spurs Homer
07-06-2019, 02:18 PM

Kobe raped. Period.
Trump stole the election. Period.

Of course those two criminals are your heroes.

Millennial_Messiah
07-06-2019, 02:18 PM

Vanessa is fat

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 02:19 PM

You had it, 5, then the 6th you ended up with, a back-to-back, Duncan: 6 Kobe: 5. But, you fucked up & I got you by those short hairs. Ewww. I'm gonna pull on 'em hard, nonetheless.

I’ve got 1 with Leonard. You just lost a few of those.

Millennial_Messiah
07-06-2019, 02:20 PM

Definitely much less likely Spurs ring in 2014 without motivation from the loss of '13. The DPG were already on their way out. Yes Kawhi was turning star and they had an all-time great bench that year but, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili were just about done by '14.

Thread
07-06-2019, 06:20 PM
I’ve got 1 with Leonard. You just lost a few of those.

...so did you, daddy-O, including Florida.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 07:09 PM
...so did you, daddy-O, including Florida.

14 erased the sting. You’ll die waiting for that next ring and thinking what if. Grim business.

Thread
07-06-2019, 09:08 PM
14 erased the sting. You’ll die waiting for that next ring and thinking what if. Grim business.

You said the same thing standing in Divorce Court after Kobe&Daddy split. I nailed another double, just-like-that.

SpursforSix
07-06-2019, 10:16 PM
You said the same thing standing in Divorce Court after Kobe&Daddy split. I nailed another double, just-like-that.

Last champion out the door wins. You’re running out of time.

Thread
07-07-2019, 12:05 AM
Last champion out the door wins. You’re running out of time.

...you said the same damn thing just before Webber turned his back & started up that lane.

SpursforSix
07-07-2019, 12:55 AM
...you said the same damn thing just before Webber turned his back & started up that lane.

You pulled your puds!

Thread
07-07-2019, 02:19 AM
You pulled your puds!

Leonard