PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

easjer
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I do.

Anyone got any good stories?

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I do.

Anyone got any good stories?

I was watching TV in my room, when out of no where, my garbage can lid(the swinging kind) started swinging. I was freaked out, but figured it probably was paper or something blocking the lid from closing, and it just fell letting it swing.

SWC Bonfire
10-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I used to believe in ghosts as a child, but then my parents explained that the blood on my bedroom walls was just from nearby vagrants passing through my room.

Arragontigo
10-31-2005, 12:25 PM
i grew up in a house full of fucking ghosts hell yeah i believe in them ive experienced some creepy ass shit

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
i grew up in a house full of fucking ghosts hell yeah i believe in them ive experienced some creepy ass shit

Ever get smacked on the head.

easjer
10-31-2005, 12:31 PM
When I was 9, we lived in an old farmhouse (Victorian) while our house was being built. I was a pretty responsible kid, so I was allowed to stay home alone one weekend while my parents met with the architect. Since I wasn't old enough to watch my brother he went with them.

The house was divided, so that the bedrooms were shut off from the living room, dining room and kitchen by a doorway with a door that had to be pushed or pulled open because it drug on the shag carpet. I was in the living room watching TV, and it started to get really cold. The door to the bedrooms was open (almost always left open to circluate the airflow). The TV went wonky for a second, then I felt like I was being watched. I turned around, and saw the door slam shut. SLAM shut - now that's tough, because we had to push it. I freaked out. But I didn't want to leave, because it meant walking past the door.

Then the TV changed channels (pre-remote TV). That was it. I turned it off, ran pas the door and out of the house. I spent the next hour + sitting on the deck outside the house, waiting for my parents. I was bored to tears, with nothing to do, but too scared to go back in.

When they got home, we went in, but I didn't tell them about it. The TV was on. I know I turned it off, because we would get in trouble for leaving it on when no one was watching. I never told my parents that I hadn't just run outside when they pulled up. But it freaked me out big time. I slept with a light on for years.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
10 pm..Ghost Hunters Special on Sci-Fi.

Arragontigo
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
hell yeah ive been smacked on my head, pushed, woke up with what seemed to be bird scractches that went away after my mother washed it down with holy water and prayed

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
When I was 9, we lived in an old farmhouse (Victorian) while our house was being built. I was a pretty responsible kid, so I was allowed to stay home alone one weekend while my parents met with the architect. Since I wasn't old enough to watch my brother he went with them.

The house was divided, so that the bedrooms were shut off from the living room, dining room and kitchen by a doorway with a door that had to be pushed or pulled open because it drug on the shag carpet. I was in the living room watching TV, and it started to get really cold. The door to the bedrooms was open (almost always left open to circluate the airflow). The TV went wonky for a second, then I felt like I was being watched. I turned around, and saw the door slam shut. SLAM shut - now that's tough, because we had to push it. I freaked out. But I didn't want to leave, because it meant walking past the door.

Then the TV changed channels (pre-remote TV). That was it. I turned it off, ran pas the door and out of the house. I spent the next hour + sitting on the deck outside the house, waiting for my parents. I was bored to tears, with nothing to do, but too scared to go back in.

When they got home, we went in, but I didn't tell them about it. The TV was on. I know I turned it off, because we would get in trouble for leaving it on when no one was watching. I never told my parents that I hadn't just run outside when they pulled up. But it freaked me out big time. I slept with a light on for years.

It is always freaky when you hear the door slam, and you know that no one is near it.

Arragontigo
10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
the creepiest crap ive ever heard was little kids playing from the kitchen area at like 2 in the damn morning, hearing adults and crap is nothing compared to hearing children

easjer
10-31-2005, 12:37 PM

My husband and I love that show - we were at such a loss this week without the new episodes.

Summers
10-31-2005, 12:46 PM

I love that show!

batman2883
10-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Summers How Are You???

Summers
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Quite well, thanks. And yourself?

easjer
10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Summers which episode did you like best? My favorite is probably the battleship they did. I like the show better without Brian around and watching Jay while all that thumping was happening and everyone accounted for was pretty cool.

batman2883
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Quite well, thanks. And yourself?
Im fantastically swell

Swishy McJackass
10-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Don't believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, etc.

Anything "spooky" that I have experienced ended up having a rational explanation.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Don't believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, etc.

Anything "spooky" that I have experienced ended up having a rational explanation.

Igor make basket.

tlongII
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
There is no such thing as ghosts.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM
You remember that video TAPS got at the prison. I was watching it, and it really doesn't look real. You watch it, it comes forward fast, and goes out fast. But if you look at the dust that is falling, it all goes south while the ghost goes forward, but once it starts going backwards, the dust goes up, and when the ghost disappears, it starts coming down again. The way the dust moves, it looks like frames were chopped out, and they reversed the ghost, which would result in dust changing direction.

easjer
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
You think they faked it or someone else? Like that footage from the Queen Mary? I remember the footage, but I wonder if it looked to you like they may have looped the footage backwards.

JoeChalupa
10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
If you'd record our house at night you'd hear plenty of strange noises but they can all be explained by "natural" causes.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
I was just watching it. Yes I believe it is a fake. The ghost comes forward, and if you look at the rail, it looks like there is a leg. I also think they had someone in a brown hooded robe sort of jog forward, then sped up the tape. They put it going forward fast, then reversed it. This would account for the dust coming down, then going up when the ghost is going backwards. After the ghost leaves, you can see the dust moving, then it looks like frames were chopped because the dust sort of twitches.

I could be wrong, but who knows.

HB22inSA
10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
No.

Mad Martigan
10-31-2005, 04:05 PM
i have battled goblins

midgetonadonkey
10-31-2005, 04:11 PM
I believe in ghosts but have never seen one or had anything odd happen. I want to see one, but not in my house.

Marcus Bryant
10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Not sure if this was exactly due to something paranormal, but when I was younger a couple of times when I was asleep in the middle of the night I would wake up, well be in a half awake state and become quite aware of the feeling that someone was sitting on the bed, as if I couldn't roll over. Honestly it felt more like my legs were paralyzed than that an object was in my way. It weirded me out because I was aware of it yet couldn't do anything about it.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I love waking up, and your arms are completely asleep, and you can't move them because they weigh 2 tons.

jcrod
10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Not sure if this was exactly due to something paranormal, but when I was younger a couple of times when I was asleep in the middle of the night I would wake up, well be in a half awake state and become quite aware of the feeling that someone was sitting on the bed, as if I couldn't roll over. Honestly it felt more like my legs were paralyzed than that an object was in my way. It weirded me out because I was aware of it yet couldn't do anything about it.

You know i have some what of the same feelings every now and then.

I wake up, or half awake and I see everything around me, but i can't move. It feels like someone is on top of me and holding every part of my body down. I can't move an inch and damn if I don't try my hardest.

Marcus Bryant
10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Yep, that's it.

valluco
10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Did anyone see the season finale? The thermal footage of the man wearing old style clothes and a hat in the mourge of that old hospital in Arkansas gave me chills. And the number on the locker was glowing hot behind him. Good show.

easjer
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Did anyone see the season finale? The thermal footage of the man wearing old style clothes and a hat in the mourge of that old hospital in Arkansas gave me chills. And the number on the locker was glowing hot behind him. Good show.

Oh I know! That kicked ass! I don't know how that could possibly reproduced.

But I laughed, because they clearly saved the best for last - all the drama with having Steve there with them on the tours for camera set up? He was setting up cameras half way through the season and going on tours with them. Now I know why!

Sonia_TX
10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Ok..so I wrote this years ago (when I was in middle school or high school)... it's about the stuff that has happened at my house... read if you want.

http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/boardwalk/9519/halloween.html

The recent stuff that has happened is that before grandpa died in June he used to always feel someone hit his leg to wake him up... or he'd hear my mom telling him to get out of bed but he was usually home alone.

My sister and I saw a white shadow pass from the living room where we were watching TV to the kitchen. I saw it but didn't say anything and my sister said "I must be seeing things"...I looked at her and said "what did you see?" Turns out we saw the same thing.

I've felt someone rub against my leg (like a cat) while I was putting clothes in the washer... mom and I saw a flash of light go across the ceiling. Nothing has happened recently though (within the last 4 months)...

spurs=bling
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Well i live in a ranch. so its fucking scary out here

well one time i was like 12 and it was raining. i was outside, and across our fence is a old wood shed ( scary looking) and that door is always closed. i went outside to get the mop because they spilled soda on the floor. so there i go and nobody else was outside. when i hear this scary creaking, i turn and the door to the shed is open :wow . i run back inside and tell my mom and dad what happened. so my dad goes outside to see, and my mom and i go behind him. the door is closed, and my dad tries to open it. but he couldn't because it the hinges were rusted.

danyel
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM

I don't remember exactly now but I believed I've heard a scientific explanation for that, its like you regain conciousness while your body is still in sleeping mode and therefor you can't move or something similiar.

E20
10-31-2005, 07:03 PM
I don't know if my brain lapsed or my eyes played tricks on me, but one time at night I was walking down the hallway to go get a bag it was dark. I blinked and right when I closed my eyes I saw an old lady with like black/gray eyes. And then I when I opened my eyes nothing was there. This all happend like half a second but when I opened my eyes I ran to the living room pretty damn fast.

Faccia di Angelo
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
I do believe in Ghosts. I can't seem to believe in UFO's and aliens but when it comes to ghosts, yup, I'm a believer.

I believe what you experienced is referred to as sleep paralysis . My sister had it happen to her once and she was terrified. It scared her really bad. She couldn't settle down for a while. She's a paranormal freak and into ghosts and such and she connected it to something having to do with that so it spooked her even more, but then she came to believe it was just SP after reading up on it.