PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Spurs fans on Twitter are delusional

AlexJones
07-06-2019, 06:46 PM

:lmao:lmao

AlexJones
07-06-2019, 06:47 PM
:lmao The Spurs are going to beat the Warriors round 1, the Rockets round 2 and the Lakers round 3 according to Spurs Twitter

Kyle Kashuv
07-06-2019, 06:51 PM
:lmao

The Spurs are in a 5-team battle for the 8 seed with Sacramento, Dallas, New Orleans, and Minnesota. Thinking they’re better than that is just delusional.

FkLA
07-06-2019, 06:57 PM
I don't see the issue. Barring major injuries, we are winning the West. Srs.

Robz4000
07-06-2019, 07:02 PM
The Lakers' locker room won't survive half the season tbh, the Rockets are a bit worse than last season (assuming CP0 doesn't completely fall off a cliff), and they just went to Game 7 against the Nuggets who didn't add anyone of note. Spurs can land anywhere between the 3rd seed and 10th imo.

timtonymanu
07-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Not that far off. They could be like OP calling Houston in 7 or that the Warriors were gonna win without Durant.

ElNono
07-06-2019, 07:24 PM
They are delusional. Clippers obviously way superior and Rockets and Warriors still head and shoulders over the Spurs. Lakers likely better too (although I don't have the Lakeshow better than the other 3 teams).

DeadlyDynasty
07-06-2019, 07:29 PM
I don't see the issue. Barring major injuries, we are winning the West. Srs.

I'll take that action. How much we betting?

Kyle Kashuv
07-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Fkla is such a shit take factory at this point he’s just throwing out shit takes on purpose to make everyone think he was trolling this whole time.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-06-2019, 07:52 PM
That piece of shit Moore has always had a thing against the spurs. He sucked off Chris Paul so much throughout his career and has been proven wrong thinking Chris was that good. He's wrong about so much stuff regularly. Fuck him lol

FkLA
07-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Aight. We'll revisit this when that time comes.

Fkla is such a shit take factory at this point he’s just throwing out shit takes on purpose to make everyone think he was trolling this whole time.

Links?

davethedope
07-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Spurs fans need to,realize they caught lightning ins a bottle wi a once in a lifetime draft pick. Odds are that team will never ring again.

Dirks_Finale
07-06-2019, 08:00 PM
They have Pop so they overachieve practically every year -- low turnovers, not many fouls, always get back on defense.

I could see them getting a 4 seed if the young guys develop.

2nd round is the ceiling, imo.

Swap out DeFrozen for a impact player(Even marginal impact) and they could go further.

Early, but I have my top 8 here:

1.) Clippers
2.) Utah
3.) Lakers
4.) Nugz
5.) Blazers
6.) Spurs
7.) Rockets
8.) Mavs or GSW

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2019, 08:06 PM
They have Pop so they overachieve practically every year -- low turnovers, not many fouls, always get back on defense.

I could see them getting a 4 seed if the young guys develop.

2nd round is the ceiling, imo.

Swap out DeFrozen for a impact player(Even marginal impact) and they could go further.

Early, but I have my top 8 here:

1.) Clippers
2.) Utah
3.) Lakers
4.) Nugz
5.) Blazers
6.) Spurs
7.) Rockets
8.) Mavs or GSW

:lol

FkLA
07-06-2019, 08:22 PM
8.) Mavs or GSW

https://media.tenor.com/images/f7354b8c66dcf774a0cd75d1806e0d56/tenor.gif

RD2191
07-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Spurs will make the WCF. I guarantee it.

Thread
07-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Spurs fans need to,realize they caught lightning ins a bottle wi a once in a lifetime draft pick. Odds are that team will never ring again.

As long as were checking assholes they tanked to get said "once in a lifetime draft pick."

DAF86
07-06-2019, 09:00 PM
I don't think it's delusional to think the Spurs could win 50+ and be a top 4 seed, tbh.

baseline bum
07-06-2019, 09:14 PM
I don't know why Utah keeps getting rated so highly like they're the ones who just landed Kawhi. Tier 1 is Clippers, Tier 2 is Lakers, Tier 3 is Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs, Warriors in no particular order. I could see Tier 3 finishing in pretty much any order but I'd be shocked to not see Clippers with the best record in the West and Lakers second. But 3-8 look very close, assuming Golden State doesn't rush Klay back after seeing how much of a disaster rushing players back was this year. If Klay comes back looking decent then they're right there with LeBron.

Thread
07-06-2019, 09:17 PM
I don't know why Utah keeps getting rated so highly like they're the ones who just landed Kawhi. Tier 1 is Clippers, Tier 2 is Lakers, Tier 3 is Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs, Warriors in no particular order. I could see Tier 3 finishing in pretty much any order but I'd be shocked to not see Clippers with the best record in the West and Lakers second. But 3-8 look very close, assuming Golden State doesn't rush Klay back >>>>>>>>>after seeing how much of a disaster rushing players back was this year.<<<<<<<<<

...that was the player's decision. You could not have stopped them with a gun. But, again Media doesn't want to rattle the player's & their agent's cages. Just easier, less risky to blame it on the team.

baseline bum
07-06-2019, 09:18 PM
...that was the player's decision. You could not have stopped them with a gun. But, again Media doesn't want to rattle the player's & their agent's cages. Just easier, less risky to blame it on the team.

Pop stopped Duncan in 2000. Nellie stopped Nowitzki in 2003.

baseline bum
07-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Now George Irvine ruined Grant Hill's career in 2000. And it looks like Kerr did Durant's in 2019.

Thread
07-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Pop stopped Duncan in 2000. Nellie stopped Nowitzki in 2003.

Like I said you could not have stopped them with a gun. They wanted to go. Me? I'd a went.

Thread
07-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Now George Irvine ruined Grant Hill's career in 2000. And it looks like Kerr did Durant's in 2019.

Nobody forced Durant to go out there. That was his choice. & it just as easily could have worked out to another ring and/or no injury.

(They) probably never even considered it past about what, less than 5 minutes, less than 3? Something like that.

Dirks_Finale
07-06-2019, 09:32 PM
I don't know why Utah keeps getting rated so highly like they're the ones who just landed Kawhi. Tier 1 is Clippers, Tier 2 is Lakers, Tier 3 is Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs, Warriors in no particular order. I could see Tier 3 finishing in pretty much any order but I'd be shocked to not see Clippers with the best record in the West and Lakers second. But 3-8 look very close, assuming Golden State doesn't rush Klay back after seeing how much of a disaster rushing players back was this year. If Klay comes back looking decent then they're right there with LeBron.

I dont think the Lakers are going to hold up health wise.

AD is made of porcelain and Lebron is finally starting to crack.

spurraider21
07-06-2019, 09:35 PM
top 4 team that swapped rubio for conley... that's a big deal. bogdanovic is nice, but i still wanna see how they look without favors

Thread
07-06-2019, 09:36 PM
top 4 team that swapped rubio for conley... that's a big deal. bogdanovic is nice, but i still wanna see how they look without favors

...don't start with the officiating, 21. I broke you fuckers of that habit years ago.

ElNono
07-06-2019, 09:38 PM

Removing Favors is an upgrade. Addition by subtraction.

ambchang
07-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Spurs can be this years nuggets. Overachieve by playing an inside outish offense. Defend hard.

I won’t be surprised if the spurs get a 3 or 4 seed but would realistically stick then at 5 or 6.

My only concern is Morris destroying team chemistry.

Spurtacular
07-07-2019, 03:14 AM
Spurs have some pieces that they didn't have last season in addition to returning players. It's too early to discount them.

Othyus Lalanne
07-07-2019, 03:29 AM
:lmao

The Spurs are in a 5-team battle for the 8 seed with Sacramento, Dallas, New Orleans, and Minnesota. Thinking they’re better than that is just delusional.

Why not?

Our team actually overachieves.

dg7md
07-07-2019, 06:23 AM
5th seed at best tbh, and that implies the absolute best case scenario. More likely we are 6.

playbonner15
07-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Meh health is still a huge factor with any team. And with Spurs' luck the past seasons, I'll just enjoy the wins and shit post on losses

Thread
07-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Why not?

Our team actually overachieves.

Please. If you didn't tank for Duncan you'd be O & forever with the Suns.

benefactor
07-07-2019, 10:48 AM
A top 4 seed is doable tbh. As Harlem has mentioned, this team has a solid regular season build with plenty of depth to churn out a good record. WCF is probably their ceiling.

Chucho
07-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Spurs will finish with a better record than the Lakers again. That's all that matters to me. Called it last year, calling it again this year.

We have a decent punchers chance against the Clips too. Paul George is a massive loser and Doc Rivers is a shit coach who should have at least 1 more ring.

benefactor
07-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Spurs will finish with a better record than the Lakers again. That's all that matters to me. Called it last year, calling it again this year.

We have a decent punchers chance against the Clips too. Paul George is a massive loser and Doc Rivers is a shit coach who should have at least 1 more ring.
The West is set up perfect for the NBA this year. If you told me a Spurs/Clips WCF would bring huge ratings a few years back I'd fucking laugh at you...but no there's no doubt it would with all the story lines involved.

Othyus Lalanne
07-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Please. If you didn't tank for Duncan you'd be O & forever with the Suns.

So if the Spurs don't do that very smart thing they did...

Thread
07-07-2019, 12:22 PM
So if the Spurs don't do that very smart thing they did...

Precisely, OL. Just don't portend to have walked in the front door. You went thru the back door just like every other crook in the line.

Othyus Lalanne
07-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Precisely, OL. Just don't portend to have walked in the front door. You went thru the back door just like every other crook in the line.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Thread
07-07-2019, 12:30 PM
The West is set up perfect for the NBA this year. If you told me a Spurs/Clips WCF would bring huge ratings a few years back I'd fucking laugh at you...but no there's no doubt it would with all the story lines involved.

& all because your stupid asses couldn't keep your ass scratchers on the gd kid.

& the kicker, the livin' fuckin' end? Media called off the dogs when Pop ran him off to another country, but, the cocksuckers land on their gd feet as they usually do because we sniffed. Didn't touch, no, uh, uh, we just sniffed. Now Media gets a free fuckin' ride for years. Media guessed so fuckin' wrong on the old man. "We're safe, let's give him some oxygen (Summer '16) so that when he augers in (1st Tuesday November '16) we can gather round the crash site and bury his big fuckin' white ass." Uh, uh, it was the old man who stood gaffe, laughed last..."Put your fuckin' mouth on that curb. Now, say good night."

But, Media got straightened out here. The fucks.

Thread
07-07-2019, 12:34 PM
What the fuck does that even mean?

That means you were as crooked as a dog's hind leg in the amassing of those 5 rings. You got those 5 rings, yes, but, don't act like you're pure and we're dirty. You've nary room. You're just as dirty as us.

Now do you fucking understand? Jesus Christ, if it ain't "Spurs suck" you blanket headed motherfuckers don't understand a fucking thing.

Othyus Lalanne
07-07-2019, 12:40 PM
That means you were as crooked as a dog's hind leg in the amassing of those 5 rings. You got those 5 rings, yes, but, don't act like you're pure and we're dirty. You've nary room. You're just as dirty as us.

Now do you fucking understand? Jesus Christ, if it ain't "Spurs suck" you blanket headed motherfuckers don't understand a fucking thing.
That is some dumb horseshit.

Thread
07-07-2019, 12:46 PM
That is some dumb horseshit.

You asked. I set your ass straight. You throw our shit in our face and act like you attained your shit through a purely honest portal. HA! Everything you own, every fucking ring sprang from that stained pool of the Duncan tank.

& you always knew it. You just didn't have Media telling you the facts thru the portal of truth. You never have.

ambchang
07-07-2019, 01:34 PM
You asked. I set your ass straight. You throw our shit in our face and act like you attained your shit through a purely honest portal. HA! Everything you own, every fucking ring sprang from that stained pool of the Duncan tank.

& you always knew it. You just didn't have Media telling you the facts thru the portal of truth. You never have.

Spurs were never investigated for tanking like they were investigated for collusion when they got Shaq. So no, by definition, the Spurs were clean and you are not. And don't come up with some random "rules" that you do not abide by yourself, you two faced hypocrite chickenshit.

Othyus Lalanne
07-07-2019, 01:44 PM

You mean the holy pool of Duncan?

Thread
07-07-2019, 01:48 PM
You mean the holy pool of Duncan?

I mean you ain't no better than the next asshole in the line. You tanked. You had your shit sold. You lost Leonard.

You ain't nothing special. You're scarred just like everybody else.

Thread
07-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Spurs were never investigated for tanking like they were investigated for collusion when they got Shaq. So no, by definition, the Spurs were clean and you are not. And don't come up with some random "rules" that you do not abide by yourself, you two faced hypocrite chickenshit.

You tanked for Duncan. Ipso facto everything attained after that tank is because of said tank.

Let us proceed...

ambchang
07-07-2019, 01:51 PM
You tanked for Duncan. Ipso facto everything attained after that tank is because of said tank.

Let us proceed...

3rd worst record, got a great record (by that year's standard) the last 20 games, so you have no room.

The only argument is that they shut down Robinson early, but Robinson was proven to be hurt, his career was never the same.

See, Cubs, you can't just spew your mouth off, have something to back up your bullshit, or it's just bullshit.

Thread
07-07-2019, 01:53 PM
3rd worst record, got a great record (by that year's standard) the last 20 games, so you have no room.

The only argument is that they shut down Robinson early, but Robinson was proven to be hurt, his career was never the same.

See, Cubs, you can't just spew your mouth off, have something to back up your bullshit, or it's just bullshit.

You tanked in order to get Duncan. Everything attained after that tank is affected. Your regrets are your own. I've no sympathy for you.

ambchang
07-07-2019, 01:54 PM
You tanked in order to get Duncan. Everything attained after that tank is affected. Your regrets are your own. I've no sympathy for you.

What regrets? How did the Spurs tank to get Duncan, by breaking Robinson's back?

Thread
07-07-2019, 01:56 PM
What regrets? How did the Spurs tank to get Duncan, by breaking Robinson's back?

You tankedPERIOD I'm gonna drag your asses thru the mud over this & Leonard + Florida. & you can't stop me!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chucho
07-07-2019, 04:46 PM
You tankedPERIOD I'm gonna drag your asses thru the mud over this & Leonard + Florida. & you can't stop me!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Oh, so telling lies is the way you're revising history now? You're more like a Democrat than you realize.

GAustex
07-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Cully is a ‘Crat

Chucho
07-07-2019, 04:51 PM
Scully's about as broken and stale as the myth of Laker allure.

Hes crawling on his belly with his lies.

RC_Drunkford
07-07-2019, 05:39 PM

says a Knicks fan. What do the Knicks know about winning? Spurs will win over 50 games

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Oh, so telling lies is the way you're revising history now? You're more like a Democrat than you realize.

You've been duly warned, motherfucker..."Fight's commenced. Get to fighting, or, get away."

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Cully is a ‘Crat

You owned him. You lost him. & this cat ain't lettin' ya's walk away from it. No GD way.

Let us proceed...

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Scully's about as broken and stale as the myth of Laker allure.

Hes crawling on his belly with his lies.

LMEMULATEDAO!!!

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:45 PM

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Will Hunting
07-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Thread, are you a fan of Lebron?

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320), are you a fan of Lebron?

No. He's a loser in a winner's circle. It happens.

Will Hunting
07-07-2019, 05:53 PM
No. He's a loser in a winner's circle. It happens.
Fair.

It still seems weird seeing him in a Lakers jersey. It just looks like he doesn’t belong.

Thread
07-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Fair.

It still seems weird seeing him in a Lakers jersey. It just looks like he doesn’t belong.

He doesn't & he ain't ta home. You can see it. He's just at the end of his career & doesn't know how to arrange an exit. As soon as it doesn't work precisely to plan he mentally wanders off leaving other interested players & parties lost in the backwash. He has no conviction & never has. As soon as we (dip) out this season he'll start in with the contract expiration strategy.

We should have insisted on 4 years, not 3.

Will Hunting
07-07-2019, 06:09 PM
He doesn't & he ain't ta home. You can see it. He's just at the end of his career & doesn't know how to arrange an exit. As soon as it doesn't work precisely to plan he mentally wanders off leaving other interested players & parties lost in the backwash. He has no conviction & never has. As soon as we (dip) out this season he'll start in with the contract expiration strategy.

We should have insisted on 4 years, not 3.
Yeah that’s a good way to put it, he knew he didn’t want to stay in Cleveland after 2018, so he reluctantly signed with the Lakers and hasn’t known what to do since then.

Thread
07-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Yeah that’s a good way to put it, he knew he didn’t want to stay in Cleveland after 2018, so he reluctantly signed with the Lakers and hasn’t known what to do since then.

Yep, and I can't understand for the life of me why. But, it was never questioned by a living soul in OR out of Media. He was leaving and that was that. Didn't make a lick of sense. Gets out there and the clock just went berserk with speed and he's 2/3 the way thru before with blinked with all hands on the panic button.

It's an unmitigated disaster hitched to all the disasters that preceded it. We ain't hit bottom yet. We're still in free fall.

Will Hunting
07-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Yep, and I can't understand for the life of me why. But, it was never questioned by a living soul in OR out of Media. He was leaving and that was that. Didn't make a lick of sense. Gets out there and the clock just went berserk with speed and he's 2/3 the way thru before with blinked with all hands on the panic button.

It's an unmitigated disaster hitched to all the disasters that preceded it. We ain't hit bottom yet. We're still in free fall.
I still think his big fuck up was leaving Miami. He had a home there and Riley would have been able to retool after Wade + Bosh. Even though he won a ring his 2nd stint in Cleveland never seemed right either, from the moment he forced a Kevin fucking Love trade.

Thread
07-07-2019, 06:20 PM
I still think his big fuck up was leaving Miami. He had a home there and Riley would have been able to retool after Wade + Bosh. Even though he won a ring his 2nd stint in Cleveland never seemed right either, from the moment he forced a Kevin fucking Love trade.

Absolutely, Will. I thought the same thing, but, again it was a foregone conclusion & understood by all cept (us). It was over & that was it.

ambchang
07-07-2019, 07:32 PM

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

You can say whatever you want, you just look like an idiot. I’m asking for evidence to back up your claim, you can’t. You have nothing to back your assertion.

Spurtacular
07-07-2019, 07:44 PM

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

You saying Stern rigged the #1 for the Spurs instead of the Celtics?

Thread
07-07-2019, 07:45 PM
You can say whatever you want, you just look like an idiot. I’m asking for evidence to back up your claim, you can’t. You have nothing to back your assertion.

Don't be ashamed. Everybody cheats, amb. You cheated, hit the Lottery & gleaned 5 NBA Titles offin' that single cheat. Don't act all tender & in disbelief. You've lived the cheat for 20 years & benefited from it greatly.

Ya look pisser.

Thread
07-07-2019, 07:46 PM
You saying Stern rigged the #1 for the Spurs instead of the Celtics?

He fixed them up with Bias, but, that didn't quite work out so well. tee, hee.

Spurtacular
07-07-2019, 07:52 PM
He fixed them up with Bias, but, that didn't quite work out so well. tee, hee.

Actually, that was a 2 pick. Are you saying he paid off the Cavs to draft Daugherty instead?

Thread
07-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Actually, that was a 2 pick. Are you saying he paid off the Cavs to draft Daugherty instead?

I'm saying Bias was promised to them & was delivered, slabbed & tagged.