PDA

View Full Version : So who makes the playoffs in the West?

alpha_HaZE
07-07-2019, 02:18 AM
There are five teams that made the playoffs last year and got better:

Spurs -We are essentially bringing everyone back, and add Dejounte, Lonnie, DeMarre and non other than Marcus Morris.
Nuggets -- One year older and that much more playoff experience.
Jazz --Added Mike Conley and Bojan! And Donovan Mitchell at year 3.
Blazers --They added 3 and D guys and if healthy will be better than last year.
Clippers --Duh

Then there are 3 playoff teams that got worse

Warriors, HOU and OKC.

It's safe to say OKC definetely misses and HOU makes the playoffs. GSW is a question mark for me.

Then you have one non-playoff team that improved tremendously.

Dallas --Kristaps and Luka would be fun to watch for year to come.

and another one that's a question mark.

Lakers --Added AD but lost lots of players. New coaches, new players, it will take some time to figure things out. Question is how long and can they still make the playoffs. I have to say, Danny at 15mi is just too much.

So I think its something like this

Clippers
Nuggets
Utah
Spurs
Rockets
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors/Lakers

JuegaBonito
07-07-2019, 02:42 AM
There are five teams that made the playoffs last year and got better:

Spurs -We are essentially bringing everyone back, and add Dejounte, Lonnie, DeMarre and non other than Marcus Morris.
Nuggets -- One year older and that much more playoff experience.
Jazz --Added Mike Conley and Bojan! And Donovan Mitchell at year 3.
Blazers --They added 3 and D guys and if healthy will be better than last year.
Clippers --Duh

Then there are 3 playoff teams that got worse

Warriors, HOU and OKC.

It's safe to say OKC definetely misses and HOU makes the playoffs. GSW is a question mark for me.

Then you have one non-playoff team that improved tremendously.

Dallas --Kristaps and Luka would be fun to watch for year to come.

and another one that's a question mark.

Lakers --Added AD but lost lots of players. New coaches, new players, it will take some time to figure things out. Question is how long and can they still make the playoffs. I have to say, Danny at 15mi is just too much.

So I think its something like this

Clippers
Nuggets
Utah
Spurs
Rockets
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors/Lakers

BackHome
07-07-2019, 02:42 AM
That’s pretty spot on a lot will be determined who can stay healthy the most.

JuegaBonito
07-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Wildly disrespectful to say Dallas will finish ahead of the Lakers and warriors. Doubt Kristaps even stays healthy all year.

slick'81
07-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Lakers arent finishing 8th

smaka
07-07-2019, 02:47 AM
Wildly disrespectful to say Dallas will finish ahead of the Lakers and warriors. Doubt Kristaps even stays healthy all year.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Dallas basically brings back the same team as last year + Porzingis, but I have huge doubts about his health. Doubt they get higher than 11th seed, and I am big Luka fan.

I think those teams make playoffs:
SAS, LAC, LAL, UTA, DEN, POR, GSW, HOU.

Babyboy
07-07-2019, 03:16 AM
how did Denver improve lol, same exact team as last year

Hyperhypo
07-07-2019, 03:21 AM
Houston
Portland
Warriors
Denver
Clippers
Warriors
Spurs
Utah

GreekSpursfan
07-07-2019, 03:21 AM
If Dubs make the playoffs, we are the odd team out tbh.

tbdog
07-07-2019, 03:59 AM
I didn't see blazers improving. They lost Aminu and Harkless. They traded Turner for Bazemore. Whiteside is a black horse.

Biggems
07-07-2019, 08:19 AM
how did Denver improve lol, same exact team as last year

Experience....a very young team that went 2 rounds deep, and played in 2 game 7. Now they have a taste, a hunger, and a better understanding of the next level. So while they may be the same team, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE are the huge, and quite underrated, additions they made to the roster.

Light
07-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Other than swapping out OKC for the Lakers, I think we'll see the same playoff teams as last year.

Bonner
07-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Kings will be in the hunt too.

ceperez
07-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Experience....a very young team that went 2 rounds deep, and played in 2 game 7. Now they have a taste, a hunger, and a better understanding of the next level. So while they may be the same team, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE are the huge, and quite underrated, additions they made to the roster.

I agree experience is huge!

That's why when Spurs didn't call a time out in game 7 with , it was a disaster. Lack of experience. No Parker, Manu or Tim.

Dverde
07-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Locks
Utah
Clippers
Spurs
Portland

Probably get in
Lakers

Bubble
Denver
Thunder (Assuming Westbrick stays)
Kings
Rockets
Mavericks

Out
Golden State

dbestpro
07-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Locks
Utah
Clippers
Spurs
Portland

Probably get in
Lakers

Bubble
Denver
Thunder (Assuming Westbrick stays)
Kings
Rockets
Mavericks

Out
Golden State

Denver is a lock. The Rockets are the team that I think will go bust. This could be the year the Wolves or Kings sneak into the playoffs. Not sold on Mavs or Lakers. Lakers are extremely fragile.

Mr. Body
07-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Denver and Portland will hold steady. Very good teams.

Rockets will dip. Not only didn't do anything and are trying to jettison players, their end-of-series performance was so atrocious, especially Harden, it has to be demoralizing.

Warriors will fall to the second half of the bracket, I think. OKC will push for playoffs with Sacto and Dallas.

Lakers will be better than many say. Their pick-ups aren't bad.

Utah will be better, but not tons better.

I could see the top four from last year not in the top four this year.

offset formation
07-07-2019, 09:00 AM
I think the Lakers implode. Too many places where it can all go wrong. One injury to either star. One bad losing streak will create disfunction in the locker room. Coaching jealousy will enter the picture at some point.

I cannot wait to see bad things happen to an organization that only deserves bad things.

ceperez
07-07-2019, 09:06 AM
I think the Lakers implode. Too many places where it can all go wrong. One injury to either star. One bad losing streak will create disfunction in the locker room. Coaching jealousy will enter the picture at some point.

I cannot wait to see bad things happen to an organization that only deserves bad things.

This is entirely possible. Lakers don't have enough 3 point shooters.

vavvi
07-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Can’t see LeBron missing the playoffs two years in a row. The league won’t let it.

LAL, LAC, Houston are locks for me.
Utah, Denver, Spurs, GS, Portland are almost locks.

Dallas and Sacramento will try to get in but will likely fail

widowmaker
07-07-2019, 10:00 AM
I agree not in that order thats just something thats gonna have to play out people still have to put it together on the floor anything can happen

monty4329
07-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Injuries will determine who makes the PO. It will be so tight that 11 teams will fight for the 8 spots.
I guess it is safe to say MIN, PHX, MEM, NO don't have a chance. Everybody else can squeeze in, with GS, SAC and DAL probably having the hardest path.

I trust SA will have a fast start that will prove critical in making one of the last two spots.

BSfromTX
07-07-2019, 10:10 AM
So hard to predict if everyone is healthy and plays. If load management is in full effect, some teams will pick up unexpected wins. Lakers if healthy should make it. It really comes down to injuries, but it do expect OKC and HOU to be worse

monty4329
07-07-2019, 10:10 AM
This is entirely possible. Lakers don't have enough 3 point shooters.

They actually have quite a nice roster now. They might even win it all, frankly. And watch out for the buyout market in february.

DC23
07-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Not in order but:

1. Jazz
2. Rockets
3. Blazers
4. Clippers
5. Lakers
6. Spurs
7. Nuggets
8. Warriors

Kings and Mavs will be better but just misss IMO.

Nivek_ogre
07-07-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure about Portland. They lost defense in aminu and offense in nurkic. Not really convinced that Rodney hood, Kent bazemore and Whiteside are improvements.

Nivek_ogre
07-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't automatically put golden state in the playoffs either. Curry will be asked to carry the team for a while and he's not the most durable player.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Denver will definitely take a step back, their record last year was fluky and they didn't make any improvements..Jokic and their HCA will keep them in the playoffs, though..

Portland got slightly better just by moving Evan Turner, but nothing significant..

LAC, LAL and Utah clearly improved..Houston will be slightly worse from progressive decline and not making any moves..

Warriors are completely dependent on when Klay returns healthy..Curry/Draymond can keep them afloat..I'll assume he doesn't return healthy in time, though..

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Blazers
4. Spurs
5. Rockets(I think we'll start seeing Harden rest more often now)
6. Nuggets
7. Lakers
8. Warriors

ducks
07-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Russel is going to be traded let’s see where first
Heat want him but will he go there?
Rockets want him to...

John B
07-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Russel is going to be traded let’s see where first
Heat want him but will he go there?
Rockets want him to...
:lmao Funny when CP3 reports to work with 2 ballhogs. He might just call it quits :lmao:lmao

RC_Drunkford
07-07-2019, 05:17 PM
I think the Spurs will go back to resting players occassionally. Especially Rudy, he looked gassed in the Nuggets series. Our team is very deep so they can afford it, we should end up in the top 4

mo7888
07-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Top 6
LAC
Utah
Spurs
Denver
Houston
LAL

Fighting for 7&8
POR
SAC
GSW
DAL
Nola

Truth4sale$
07-07-2019, 08:08 PM
The west coast will beat up on each other, so the main thing is win the games you are supposed to win, especially against the record against the East opponents. Sacramento and even Phoenix will be challenging. Phoenix needed a point guard, and a pass first Rick Rubio is exactly what they needed. Expect them to get 30 wins, and Sacramento was right there until the last month.
Without 3pt spacing in the starting lineup, Spurs might not make the cut.

tonski17
07-07-2019, 08:21 PM
clippers
Spurs
Utah
Lakers
Blazers
Denver
warriors
Houston

callo1
07-07-2019, 08:55 PM
I didn't see blazers improving. They lost Aminu and Harkless. They traded Turner for Bazemore. Whiteside is a black horse.

Couldn't agree more.

TheDoctor
07-07-2019, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't automatically put golden state in the playoffs either. Curry will be asked to carry the team for a while and he's not the most durable player.

Remember they acquired DRussell from the Nets.

rascal
11-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Wrong