PDA

View Full Version : Atlético Madrid could have it's thread too . . .

dunkman
07-07-2019, 03:58 PM
The club is big nowadays, I think there's no question about, few teams have more financial muscle.

Some players left, Griezmann may leave if Barça pays the release clause or includes Semedo. Atleti doesn't want to deal with protracted payments.

News are:

- Morata, now on permanent basis, to replace Costa as started center forward. Costa seems to be headed to Everton, after one disappointing season in Madrid.
- Joao Felix from Benfica, the forth most expensive transfer ever. Set to replace Griezmann.
- Llorente, to replace Rodri, solid signing tbh. Lacks in creativity but great recovering.
- Herrera, another talented mid-fielder
- Monteiro, also from Porto, to replace Godin.

If Barça doesn't sign Griezmann in the end, maybe the Cholo can completely change it's style, play 4:3:3 and bring the ball playing all the way from the back. Or sell him anywhere, to PSG or United, and bring Dybala and another defender for his €120M clause and huge salary.

dunkman
07-13-2019, 09:30 PM
The latest news say, Cerezo has proves Griezmann signed a contract before July 1st, now demands full €200M release clause to be paid.

Rumors are James is eager to sign for Atleti instead of Napoli, because he loves Madrid. Icardi is another candidate to reinforce the forwards rotation, Inter wants him out. But I guess the may need to off-load Costa.

Divac Doesnt Flop
07-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Griezmann is Barca's. I doubt Atleti contend with that loss plus the loss of Godin & Hernandez. They have little defensive depth and their wingers don't score enough goals. Come to think of it neither do their other strikers. They better hope Felix comes through.

dunkman
07-15-2019, 10:47 AM
It seems James is a done deal too. Not sure where is he going to fit, maybe as spark from the bench, because he doesn't recover like Simeone exiges. His technical quality is out of question, though.

Center backs are excellent, the right and left backs not so much, in a sense they don't have offensive game.

If they sell Costa for something reasonable, I think they are going for Icardi or Dybala.

I'm sure Morata as starter can make 1 goal out of 2 games, if he shoots penalties like Griezmann did. Being top 10 player, will be hard to replace, but Atleti is buying top players this days.

dunkman
07-16-2019, 09:24 PM
Atlético to sign Trippier for £20M, a right back English international from Tottenham.

Divac Doesnt Flop
07-17-2019, 02:14 AM
He did not have a great season last year after a great world cup. Price sunk to 20 million. Maybe he'll return to form in Madrid, but at least they didn't pay a lot.

FrostKing
07-17-2019, 02:18 AM
Atletico rebuild will require time. Their decline was steady and they had an exodus of important parts from their machine type system. But most importantly they still have Simeone

pgardn
07-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Atlético to sign Trippier for £20M, a right back English international from Tottenham.

Excellent crosser of the ball. Possibly the best volley crosser I have seen.
Defense... not so great.
Which is a surprise to me that Simeone wanted him.

Also could become very good on free kicks. Eriksen should not have been taking all of them for Tottenham, Trippier was better from certain spots.

dunkman
07-20-2019, 07:47 AM
Excellent crosser of the ball. Possibly the best volley crosser I have seen.
Defense... not so great.
Which is a surprise to me that Simeone wanted him.

Also could become very good on free kicks. Eriksen should not have been taking all of them for Tottenham, Trippier was better from certain spots.

What's interesting, Eriksen was offered by Tottenham to Atlético Madrid for £60M.

Atlético is also about to complete the transfer of Mario Hermoso from Espanyol. I guess they are well covered now at CB, with Gimenez, Savic, Monteiro and now Hermoso. Reportedly, Espanyol accepted below his €40M release clause, given that has only one year left in his contract.

But I'm not sure Felix can bring what Griezmann was able to do. I think they should go out for a top forward, someone like Dybala.

I guess, the team was anemic on offensive production from left and right backs. Maybe el Cholo thinks Trippier will improve defense under his guidance, while offense goes down to talent and is harder to teach.

pgardn
07-20-2019, 08:10 AM
What's interesting, Eriksen was offered by Tottenham to Atlético Madrid for £60M.

Atlético is also about to complete the transfer of Mario Hermoso from Espanyol. I guess they are well covered now at CB, with Gimenez, Savic, Monteiro and now Hermoso. Reportedly, Espanyol accepted below his €40M release clause, given that has only one year left in his contract.

But I'm not sure Felix can bring what Griezmann was able to do. I think they should go out for a top forward, someone like Dybala.

I guess, the team was anemic on offensive production from left and right backs. Maybe el Cholo thinks Trippier will improve defense under his guidance, while offense goes down to talent and is harder to teach.

Where did you find the bolded?
Eriksen’s transfer fee is huge. Levy is finding that Eriksen is not as desired as thought. There have been zero negotiations for Eriksen ( in everything I have read.) As of right now Eriksen is staying and might benefit from the Spurs new mid fielder from Lyon.

pgardn
07-20-2019, 08:10 AM

Eriksen’s transfer fee is huge. Levy is finding that Eriksen is not as desired as thought. There have been zero negotiations for Eriksen ( in everything I have read.) As of right now Eriksen is staying and might benefit from the Spurs new mid fielder from Lyon.

dunkman
07-20-2019, 06:04 PM

https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/20/football/1563612652_667048.amp.html

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/07/19/5d319b8746163fb96c8b4594.html

Apparently Eriksen wants out and despite Griezmann leaving in strange circumstances the team isn’t short on resources.

pgardn
07-20-2019, 10:09 PM
https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/20/football/1563612652_667048.amp.html

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/07/19/5d319b8746163fb96c8b4594.html

Apparently Eriksen wants out and despite Griezmann leaving in strange circumstances the team isn’t short on resources.

Nothing about this in the English papers or club news.
Latest from them is Spurs keeping him for 200k per week for 2 more years past the contract he is still on

Thanks for the info though.

Whoa...

Harry Kane.
Poor Apo...

dunkman
07-25-2019, 05:56 PM
Atletico officially asked La Liga to block Griezmann’s transfer, saying he already had a deal with Barça when his clause was 200, not €120M.

Bynumite
07-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Atletico curbstomping Real in America, 4-0 it hasn't been 30 mins :lol

lefty
07-26-2019, 07:42 PM
I finally find the time to watch a preseason game and that’s what I get?

Lol

turkish spurs fan
07-26-2019, 08:04 PM
felix... pure class...

Bynumite
07-26-2019, 08:14 PM
50 mins, 6-0

RMAO :lmao

lefty
07-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Rmao

Bynumite
07-26-2019, 09:57 PM
Felix has pace and dribbling that you can't teach. The kid is special. His vision and playmaking at only 19 is outstanding too.

People can't expect every talented kid to come out of Portugal for peanuts like Ronaldo did :lol Specially in today's market. It's a gamble but the potential is obviously there if you watched him play for Benfica.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a ballon d'or winner in his prime, if he stays healthy.

lefty
07-26-2019, 10:41 PM
Felix has pace and dribbling that you can't teach. The kid is special. His vision and playmaking at only 19 is outstanding too.

People can't expect every talented kid to come out of Portugal for peanuts like Ronaldo did :lol Specially in today's market. It's a gamble but the potential is obviously there if you watched him play for Benfica.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a ballon d'or winner in his prime, if he stays healthy.

:lol some of the comments in this thread

https://reddit.com/r/realmadrid/comments/ci8uwn/hello_from_metlife_hala_madrid/

Jodelo
07-27-2019, 04:55 AM
What a shitshow :lol

lefty
07-27-2019, 01:47 PM
What a shitshow :lol

Marcelo definitely got Vietnam flashbacks from that score line

dunkman
07-28-2019, 02:32 AM
After all, maybe keeping Costa is a good option for Atlético. He had a bad season, maybe this time is going to be different.

About Real Madrid, Casemiro or not, that was a terrible showing, tbh. Even those 3 goals are fools gold, it was when Costa and Carvajal got expulsed, most players were changed and Atlético missed many chances. It could have been even worse.

The intensity certainly wasn't there for Madrid, but to allow 7, 5 by halftime, shows some serious problems.

dunkman
08-01-2019, 09:15 PM
By some reports, Atletico sent a new offer for James. EUR 50M and a deadline for Friday.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Atletico will win the league

dunkman
08-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Joao Felix is spectacular talent, it’s incredible how how he forced a penalty from so far in the mid-field while being guarded by three players. Morata is underrated too. I think Atleti stands a chance this season. They hit a wall with Griezmann, Godin, Rodri and company, there just wasn’t enough talent.

By some reports Valencia’s striker Rodrigo was near signing with Atlético.

lefty
08-19-2019, 01:30 PM
Joao Felix is spectacular talent, it’s incredible how how he forced a penalty from so far in the mid-field while being guarded by three players. Morata is underrated too. I think Atleti stands a chance this season. They hit a wall with Griezmann, Godin, Rodri and company, there just wasn’t enough talent.

By some reports Valencia’s striker Rodrigo was near signing with Atlético.
And then Morata missed that penalty:lol

dunkman
12-21-2019, 10:39 PM
It seems that the team is really struggling on offense, while defensively they are really solid, despite all the changes. I guess they are kicking themselves for not completing the transfers of Rodrigo from Valencia and James from the Madrid. Morata is certainly good, but the team is missing Griezmann. The team just can't make enough goals.

Reportedly, Nemanja Matic from the United is close to sign during the winter transfer. Not sure how could he help, though.

Good news is that Diego Costa should be available vs the champions game vs Liverpool.

apalisoc_9
12-22-2019, 05:05 AM
It seems that the team is really struggling on offense, while defensively they are really solid, despite all the changes. I guess they are kicking themselves for not completing the transfers of Rodrigo from Valencia and James from the Madrid. Morata is certainly good, but the team is missing Griezmann. The team just can't make enough goals.

Reportedly, Nemanja Matic from the United is close to sign during the winter transfer. Not sure how could he help, though.

Good news is that Diego Costa should be available vs the champions game vs Liverpool.

Simone too traditionalist upfront with morata And costa. They seriously need a modern Forward that has the skillsets to play wing and center.

lefty
12-22-2019, 12:04 PM
Yeah I think they assumed Joao Felix would be enough
Great talent but still young

lefty
12-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Big win @ Betis today

dunkman
12-23-2019, 11:25 PM
Big win @ Betis today

They trail Barça a lot, and given how few goals ther make and that they lost to Barcelona at home, I seriously doubt they have a shot at the title.

Last news are that Cavani agreed to 3-years contract, not sure if it's allowed to negotiate out of the transfer period, though:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-uruguay-striker-edinson-cavani-set-to-join-atletico-madrid-on-a-three-year-deal-1.1417509

How would Morata and Cavani play together? I guess Costa would be shipped out, or given that his contract is a sunk cost, maybe will stay as the third center forward. The team really needs an elite second striker, given that the Cholo mostly plays 4:4:2 till Felix gets ready for prime time.

Cerezo dropped a bomb saying he accepted the €50M Pérez wanted for James, but that was the player that wanted to stay at Real Madrid at that point:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/12/09/5ded8942ca4741f7728b4603.html

Dumb move by James, tbh, knowing that he doesn't count for Zidane. Was wondering how would Simeone take his approach to defense, but he does assist a lot. I guess with 4 midfielders, it's not vital all midfielders work at recovery, as is the case in 4:3:3 formations.

dunkman
12-24-2019, 07:09 AM
Simone too traditionalist upfront with morata And costa. They seriously need a modern Forward that has the skillsets to play wing and center.

Maybe they ship Llorente to sign Matic, or Simeone plans to play with two defensive midfielders, so needs 3 just in case.

I think they would need a second striker, though both Felix and Correa are good. The problem with benching Felix it that it could hit his confidence and it was a huge investment, Correa will probably produce more at this point.

dunkman
12-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Reports say Cavani has already agreed with Atlético for a 3-year contract. Apparently Cerezo is trying to convince PSG to let him go in January on the cheap (€5M), because his contract expires in July 2020. Not sure how are Morata, Félix, Costa, Correa and now Cavani going to play together.

I think Morata produced this half season what he did the second half of the previous season, the problem is that what they get from Félix in goals is nowhere near what Griezmann could do (around 1 goal every 2 games) in the defense focused 4:4:1:1 Cholo plays. Maybe they will have Morata at CF, Cavani as second striker and Felix alternating as attacking mid-fielder or as reserve second striker.

Matic is in the same situation as Cavani with United, but I guess Atlético will wait till July.

They get experienced quality players, for the cheap, while also buying young players.

lefty
01-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Reports say Cavani has already agreed with Atlético for a 3-year contract. Apparently Cerezo is trying to convince PSG to let him go in January on the cheap (€5M), because his contract expires in July 2020. Not sure how are Morata, Félix, Costa, Correa and now Cavani going to play together.

I think Morata produced this half season what he did the second half of the previous season, the problem is that what they get from Félix in goals is nowhere near what Griezmann could do (around 1 goal every 2 games) in the defense focused 4:4:1:1 Cholo plays. Maybe they will have Morata at CF, Cavani as second striker and Felix alternating as attacking mid-fielder or as reserve second striker.

Matic is in the same situation as Cavani with United, but I guess Atlético will wait till July.

They get experienced quality players, for the cheap, while also buying young players.
Looks like it’s official

PSG losing their Team Leader lmao

Bynumite
01-06-2020, 03:20 AM
This is the weakest Barca and Real have looked in years, a perfectly good time for Atletico to make a run at the lol liga title but Simeone is just too much of a conservative pussy to go for it.

Atletico is suffering from Pochettino syndrome, making finals and finishing in the top 3 seems to be good enough.

You'd expect more from a team willing to spend 120 mil on a single player.

dunkman
01-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Looks like it’s official

PSG losing their Team Leader lmao

Cavani doesn't want to be a reserve and PSG wants to focus on Icardi, being much younger. If Cavani got starter guarantees, I'm not sure how will all those forwards going to fit. Maybe Cholo is finally going to switch to 4:3:3?

dunkman
01-06-2020, 06:33 PM
This is the weakest Barca and Real have looked in years, a perfectly good time for Atletico to make a run at the lol liga title but Simeone is just too much of a conservative pussy to go for it.

Atletico is suffering from Pochettino syndrome, making finals and finishing in the top 3 seems to be good enough.

You'd expect more from a team willing to spend 120 mil on a single player.

Madrid's roster is nothing to write home about, but got Hazard and with Zidane the team does look much better than last season. And Barça got Griezmann, weakening Atlético while adding a top player to the best roster of the league.

The problem with Atlético is that they lost Griezmann, Godin, Rodri, Lucas, Filipe Luis and Juanfran. Top signing Diego Costa is too often injured and in bad form, Felix while being talented is nowhere as good as Griezmann at this point, Lemar isn't a great fit and Llorente had a rough start. Atlético isn't able to make much goals, I think it's near worst offense of all league. Simeone managed to still have great defense.

I guess they will unload Lemar and Costa, though Costa has a very high salary and it's not clear if he's ever going to play at high level again.

Cavani should be able solve much of the scoring problem and unlike Morata, he does assist too and used to play second striker with Ibra in PSG or Suárez in the NT, while still being very productive. He's not young, though in much better shape than Costa.

dunkman
01-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Atlético vs Barcelona 3:2 in the supercopa. Great game, but Felix is struggling a lot. Atlético defense was really good and Oblak saved a lot of chances. Barça got annulled two goal, the first one more a shoulder than a handball by Messi. The second a very close off-site. In the Liga or copa, that would have been goals.

The other result was Valencia vs Madrid 1:3.

It seems all is played in Saudi Arabia. It must be a new format. Before it was a winner of the liga vs the winner of the copa, or copa finalist if the same team win won liga and copa. This time it seems to be a cup of a winner of, 1st vs 3rd in the liga, vs winner of copa winner vs 2nd in the liga. It definitely seems more interesting.

lefty
01-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Atlético vs Barcelona 3:2 in the supercopa. Great game, but Felix is struggling a lot. Atlético defense was really good and Oblak saved a lot of chances. Barça got annulled two goal, the first one more a shoulder than a handball by Messi. The second a very close off-site. In the Liga or copa, that would have been goals.

The other result was Valencia vs Madrid 1:3.

It seems all is played in Saudi Arabia. It must be a new format. Before it was a winner of the liga vs the winner of the copa, or copa finalist if the same team win won liga and copa. This time it seems to be a cup of a winner of, 1st vs 3rd in the liga, vs winner of copa winner vs 2nd in the liga. It definitely seems more interesting.
Fuck this money grabbing format bs

dunkman
01-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Fuck this money grabbing format bs

Atlético pupas strikes again, chocking the penalty shootout. Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid 0:0 (1:4). Not the best result given that Hazard, Benzema and Bale were all out.

dunkman
01-28-2020, 07:31 AM
Pedrerol reports some news about Cavani:

4lbx8G8V96w

- Atlético offered €5M to PSG, then €10M and will make a last try with €15M.
- Cavani’s brother is asking 3 years and €13M after taxes x season.
- His actual salary is €12.7M after taxes.

It’s incredible how hard is to get out of PSG. After all Cavani has done for PSG, holding the record for most goals, they will risk the operation to fall a part, only to have Cavani benched in favor of Icardi. But looking how Chelsea forced Madrid to pay unprecedented €100M for Hazard with just one season left in the contract, €15M doesn’t seem that much with 6 months left. Besides, PSG would rather have Cavani on the bench than face Atlético with him in the Champions League, where advancing further could mean way more than €15M.

Given that Cavani has 32, it’s shocking how much is he offered. But the net €30M Juve pays Ronaldo for season looks great now in his second season. Maybe new training methods and advanced technologies make players productive way much longer than ever before.

Griezmann was earning around €20-25M after taxes, so it doesn’t look bad, though he’s still under 30.

lefty
01-28-2020, 12:09 PM
Lol Cagani

dunkman
01-28-2020, 06:38 PM
Lol Cagani

Very underrated, all his career. Made 104 goals in Napoli in only three seasons. Made almost 200 goals in around 300 games for PSG while deferring to Ibrahimović, Neymar and Mbappé. Made 50 for Uruguay while differing to Suárez. Except for Suárez that scored 59 goals with Uruguay, neither of the players he deferred to scored more goals for PSG (Zlatan is at 156, Neymar 66, Mbappé 81).

Excellent assist rate.

The only problem is how much is left in the tank. In theory, Costa should have been an excellent signing, but he didn’t do much in his last spell for Atlético Madrid.

lefty
01-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Very underrated, all his career. Made 104 goals in Napoli in only three seasons. Made almost 200 goals in around 300 games for PSG while deferring to Ibrahimović, Neymar and Mbappé. Made 50 for Uruguay while differing to Suárez. Except for Suárez that scored 59 goals with Uruguay, neither of the players he deferred to scored more goals for PSG (Zlatan is at 156, Neymar 66, Mbappé 81).

Excellent assist rate.

The only problem is how much is left in the tank. In theory, Costa should have been an excellent signing, but he didn’t do much in his last spell for Atlético Madrid.

Cavani is a true team leader tbh

dunkman
01-30-2020, 08:27 PM
Cavani is a true team leader tbh

Some reports said PSG demanded €30M for Cavani, others that PSG and Atlético were close to agree in the €15-18M range, but last minute Cavani’s representatives demanded a signing bonus.

Apparently the idea now is to bring back Yannick Carrasco on a loan from his Chinese club:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/01/30/5e333227268e3e52248b4609.html

lefty
01-30-2020, 08:48 PM
Some reports said PSG demanded €30M for Cavani, others that PSG and Atlético were close to agree in the €15-18M range, but last minute Cavani’s representatives demanded a signing bonus.

Apparently the idea now is to bring back Yannick Carrasco on a loan from his Chinese club:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/01/30/5e333227268e3e52248b4609.html

Carrasco :lol

lefty
01-31-2020, 07:35 AM
Done:

https://twitter.com/atleti/status/1223214827704922112?s=21

dunkman
01-31-2020, 06:47 PM
Done:

https://twitter.com/atleti/status/1223214827704922112?s=21

Not sure how can he help, time will tell . . .

qj5CCX_OQiQ

Most logical would have been to go all in with Cavani, but I guess they realized this season may be a ”nadaplete” anyways, and will be better to get Cavani on a free transfer. Though, Cavani is far from 100% sure.

I think it’s difficult to sign top players, particularly great strikers. Even Real Madrid can’t just pay and get Mbappé or Lewandowski. It took a lot of manoeuvring to get Hazard and they preferred to pay €100M for a player whose contract was to expire in just one season, than to wait and risk to lose him.

lefty
02-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Hello

dunkman
02-01-2020, 02:18 PM
Hello

:bobo

lefty
02-01-2020, 06:06 PM

dunkman
02-16-2020, 07:28 AM
Atlético Madrid looking for a center back (Alessio Romagnoli of AC Milan):

https://sempremilan.com/report-atletico-madrid-will-scout-milan-star-during-mondays-game-vs-torino/amp

dunkman
02-16-2020, 07:34 AM
And also for a center forward (Sergio Agüero of Machester City):

https://en.as.com/en/2020/02/15/football/1581765463_384104.html

Though if it will be a bidding war with Real Madrid, Atlético has no chances. Agüero's actual salary is in line of what Atlético offered to Cavani, the transfer though will be at least €100M. And to think Atlético sold him for €35M.

dunkman
09-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Luis Suárez signed with Atlético Madrid:

https://www.football-espana.net/2020/09/23/done-deal-atletico-madrid-sign-striker-luis-suarez-from-barcelona

Signed for free, but Atlético will have to pay E2M each time the team makes the Champions quarterfinals with Suárez in the squad. In his prime, one of the best, if not the best #9 in the world. How much has left in the tank, most say he cannot play for Barça, how will he play for Atlético if there are any serious ambitions?

dunkman
09-24-2020, 01:11 PM
Interesting enough, Alvaro Morata returned to Juventus on a loan from Atlético Madrid. Juve declined previously to make an offer when Morata was leaving Real Madrid for Chelsea. On loan must be a different story.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.football-espana.net/2020/09/21/atletico-madrid-striker-morata-returning-to-juventus-on-loan/amp

Says didn’t like Diego Costa was higher on the pecking order and also didn’t get the ball often due to Simeone’s defensive style.

lefty
09-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Apprently AM is trying to sign Cavani to pair him with Luis for chemistry

Personally, I would rather watch Costa+Suarez , should be fun :lol

dunkman
09-26-2020, 10:04 PM
Apprently AM is trying to sign Cavani to pair him with Luis for chemistry

Personally, I would rather watch Costa+Suarez , should be fun :lol

One of the two or both will certainly be good for Simeone. Cavani is free agent, so Cerezo will only play his salary. And Suárez left Barça practically for free. With Costa without injuries and Félix growing as player, the team will finally have a lot of firepower, maybe will be able to win a Champions next season.

dunkman
12-10-2020, 01:29 AM
Atlético is first in La Liga 1 point clear with 2 less games played. Though they are visiting Real Madrid and second Real Sociedad in their next 3 games. After a slow start in his first season Felix is considered the best player of La Liga, so far this season.

They advanced in the Champions, but were struggling a lot against Bayern Munich. Not sure how far could go there.

lefty
12-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Hola

Bynumite
12-12-2020, 07:38 PM
It doesn't matter how well they're playing and their placing, Atletico and Simeone just can't help but shit their pants every time they see Real :lol

lefty
12-12-2020, 08:59 PM
It doesn't matter how well they're playing and their placing, Atletico and Simeone just can't help but shit their pants every time they see Real :lol

:lol fuck those dirty stinky ugly peasants

but we play like against shit teams and get against big teams
A little consistency would be nice

lefty
05-22-2021, 12:30 PM
Congrats peasants !

dunkman
05-22-2021, 08:11 PM
In a moment of insanity Bartomeu sent Suárez for free to Atlético. He maybe thought Barça had no chances and wanted to be sure Madrid doesn't win another Liga.

Suarecito saving Atleti the last two games, definitely still has it. Kudos to Someone and his team, it's difficult to get the title being closely shadowed by Barça and Madrid.

Curiously Félix played less the last games. Atleti struggled with making goals, even when Griezmann was there, Suárez was perfect for the them.

Obviously Atleti is a quite big team now, they could field a good team out of their reserves too, it was a matter of time to win another Liga, and it won't be a surprise either if they win the champions one season.

Bynumite
05-22-2021, 08:22 PM
Simeone still is one of the most overrated head coaches in recent history. Especially, considering his ridiculous contract.

Bailed out by Suarez. Otherwise this would be another huge choke job on his resume.

dunkman
05-22-2021, 08:41 PM
Cerezo knows that with Simeone he can take it to the bank Atlético will be top-3 in la Liga and close to the champion.

Objectively, in the past Barça and Madrid had the luxury of having better players in their prime.

This season the difference was small, Madrid didn't want to spend enough to have top forwards, Barça is average defensively and the Cholo delivered.

He had some good champions runs too, it's not that he he doesn't know what he's doing. Probably just needs better players.

Last games are always tricky. Some teams really want to avoid relegation, other want a spot in Europe, and others get huge money to make the leader lose points so that the second or third can be champion.

They didn't finish strong, but still got 2 more points than Madrid.

dunkman
06-02-2021, 09:28 AM
New target is Dybala, apparently has a year left in the contract and doesn’t want to renew with Juventus. Reports from Italy say Atleti is redying a €50M offer. With various quality forwards, el Cholo maybe can afford to play 4:3:3 with good results.

dunkman
06-04-2021, 07:52 PM
Saúl Ñíguez agreed to join Bayern Munich for €80M. Saúl fell out of favor for Simeone last season and was starting irregularly.

Atlético has an eye on Argentine Rodrigo de Paul, from Udinese, and his release clause of €40M.

lefty
06-04-2021, 09:41 PM
Saúl Ñíguez agreed to join Bayern Munich for €80M. Saúl fell out of favor for Simeone last season and was starting irregularly.

Atlético has an eye on Argentine Rodrigo de Paul, from Udinese, and his release clause of €40M.

Saul was bad last season bh

dunkman
06-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Saul was bad last season bh

Hopefully he gets his game going in BM. Perhaps De Paul will be used more frequently and with the difference they can add little more and land Dybala, to make forward rotation better. Or perhaps they bring a right back reserve for Trippier.

dunkman
06-10-2021, 11:26 AM
It seems the deal with Bayern didn’t pass, also De Paul is close to Juventus as Atleti didn’t offer increased salaries. The deal now is that Atlético proposed a swap with Manchester City, Saúl for Bernardo Silva.

In other news Chelsea is also interested in Saúl. Simeone renewed till 2024, but requested Lautaro. Inter valued Lautaro at €90M and rejected the €40-50M Atleti offered.

United offered £10M for Trippier, but Atlético wants around £35M. Potential replacement at RB, Bellerin was quoted by Arsenal at £20M.

lefty
06-10-2021, 12:32 PM
Atleti have that weird policy of getting rid of a striker and replacing him with another one every year
They must be afraid they will be tired of the defensive style in their second year :lol

But Suarez is staying so that's good news for AM

dunkman
06-10-2021, 10:06 PM
If there's any true in Atlético wanting Lautaro and previously Dybala, I think Simeone wants a team that has more goal.

The team was always solid defensively in Simeone era, but even when Griezmann was there, the team as a whole couldn't score easily.

One problem was that left and right backs were poor offensively, something addressed in 2019 when Trippier and Lodi joined the team.

And now there's more quality in the group of forwards. Suárez, Llorente, Félix, Correa are all quite good and I doubt any of them gets transferred unless someone better joins the team.

dunkman
06-18-2021, 05:15 PM
Latest news are:
- Fluminense 20 years forward Marcos Paulo is in Madrid to sign a contract with Atleti
- Kieran Trippier would go to the United if €50M is paid
- Atleti offered Saúl for Dybala to Juventus
- Napoli’s Insigne has some interest from Atleti
- Atleti offered around €18M for Bakayoko to Chelsea
- Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese is still expected to sign soon

dunkman
06-21-2021, 09:47 AM
The club is set to approve a capital increase of €182M this Friday. It will be interesting to see if it’s for running cost or new signings like De Paul, for which Barça is interested too. There’s interest from PSG for Kieran Trippier, a part than from the United, which is apparently a bit short on budget for the signing.

dunkman
07-16-2021, 06:13 AM
Atleti signs De Paul from Udinese and brings back Griezmann in a swap for Saúl with Barcelona.

There is a reported interest for Lautaro, though it's unclear if the interest will continue after Griezmann joins the board.

Trippier seems set to stay since United was unwilling to pay the release clause.

I think those are good moves, making the forwards rotation far better than ever before. I guess the team is taking advantage that the prices of forwards aren't the same as few years before.

It seems the team aims for the Champions next season, not only for repeating as Liga champions.

DAF86
07-16-2021, 04:26 PM
De Paul is underrated. One of the best midfielders out there, tbh.

dunkman
07-16-2021, 11:37 PM

It seems that the strategy is to buy in this difficult situation. Under normal circumstances, players like Suárez, De Paul, Griezmann or Lautaro would be far more expensive.

In the past, Atlético had to pay huge amounts to bring Costa and Morata.

dunkman
07-23-2021, 11:28 AM
Cerezo said he “don’t think so”, about if Atlético fans would forgive Griezmann. Because of his salary, I’m not sure he would be a good option at all. Probably selling Saúl, paying something extra and bringing Lautaro makes more sense. His salary will be reasonable and he’s young so the team could recoup something if has to be sold. Griezmann is already 30. But to compete at the highest level, they may need both to bolster the forwards rotation that now includes Suárez and good but inconsistent players like Joao Felix, Angel Correa and Yannick Carrasco.

Strangely enough the best #9 option was actually maybe Morata, but he was loaned to Juventus. I guess it didn’t make sense he was second in pecking order to Diego Costa and with Suárez it will be complicated.

Could also be Cerezo’s strategy to force Barça to accept whatever Atleti offered.

lefty
07-23-2021, 01:10 PM
Carried Messi to CA tbh

Spurtacular
07-25-2021, 05:51 AM
AM have a crypto currency. It was doing good when I checked before the last crypto crash.

dunkman
07-28-2021, 08:17 PM
Arsenal offered Lacazette to Atlético for €17M, a cut price from previously quoted €35M for the 30-years old French striker. He made 17 goals in 43 games last season.

Though, his actual salary is substantial, at around £10M x year.

Suárez isn't getting younger, so it would be good to have a backup that offers some guarantee.

Still, it seems a short term solution. My guess is they will bring Lautaro if United pays €50M for Saúl.

As good as Trippier is, Simeone doesn't have much depth at right back.

dunkman
08-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Saúl's camp has said his preferred destination is Barcelona.

The news from Griezmann is that he would play for Barça or Atleti only.

The news from Milan say Atlético is again negotiating with Inter about Lautaro Martínez.

Atleti is also in contact with the City for Bernardo Silva. Apparently the City won't let him go for less than €40M.

dunkman
08-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Wolves striker Rafa Mir close to sign with Atlético for €15M. It made better sense than Lacazette, because Mir is younger.

Still think Atleti should go for Lautaro, not sure about Griezmann because of his salary, but I guess in any case they will want to unload Saúl first.

After selling so many great strikers, Atlético has lacked firepower their last seasons and once Suárez arrived, things immediately changed.

I think the team has chances in the Champions League, but needs another really effective forward.

dunkman
08-13-2021, 01:25 AM
Atlético made submitted a formal offer for Serbian striker Vlahovic, €60M + Argentine center back Neuén Pérez. Vlahovic made 21 goals in 37 Serie A matches for Florentina last season. Seems quite a bit for a player only had one good season, but Atleti linked Lautaro is same situation and he made even less goals last season for Inter.

Rafa Mir and the Wolves agreed on the transfer for €15M upfront plus €10M in variables. But it seems he would be third striker in pecking order, if the deal for Vlahovic or Lautaro materializes.

Reports from England say Arsenal has interest in Trippier. Saúl is now linked with Liverpool too. While Koeman says Griezmann will take the leading role from Messi, so a transfer to Atlético seems unlikely.

dunkman
08-18-2021, 06:35 AM
Finally the deal for Rafa Mir fell apart. The Wolverhampton wanted more than the €15M offered by Atlético, after the player had a good Euro 2020.

Atlético made an €70M offer for Dusan Vlahovic a Serbian striker from Florentina, the deal was accepted and the only thing missing is the confirmation from Florentina's owner.

It's quite a lot of money for a player that only had one good season. But it's the same situation with Lautaro, that made less goals than Vlahovic.

dunkman
08-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Latest rumours say Atlético is actually unwilling to pay €70M for Vlahović, but instead offered €50M, another €10M in bonuses and 20% of his rights if he gets sold. Though no one says what are the variables that kick the bonus and if the player will get sold later and for how much.

For a still relatively unproven striker, €50M seem more reasonable than €70M.

dunkman
08-21-2021, 11:47 AM
Rafa Mir eventually joined Sevilla from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £13.7M (€16M). One would wonder if Mir stopped the negotiations with Atleti because he wasn’t to start many games or if Atlético wanted a higher profile striker.

dunkman
08-24-2021, 01:15 PM
22 years old Brazilian striker Matheus Cunha from Hertha Berlin, lands in Madrid to sign with the colchoneros. The deal is apparently for €30M. Cunha toppled Ronaldinho’s all time goal record with the Brazil under-23 squad.

Apparently Atlético wasn’t able to convince Florentina to let Vlahović go for less money, or Rafa Mir to sign, or maybe was smoke and mirrors to hide the real target.

Saúl may go to Chelsea or the United in an all season loan, similar to the deal with Juve for Morata. Perhaps that had influence in going for Cunha, instead all in for Vlahović. Both are really still projects, paying €70-100M for such a player is very risky operation.

Several seasons after signing Joao Felix for €125M, he’s still reserve. By the time he hits his prime, the contract may be up.

dunkman
08-26-2021, 07:34 PM
Matheus Cunha is officially Atlético Madrid's player. Though he's not a classic center forward in the mould of Luis Suárez. The operation was in the €30M range.

dunkman
08-31-2021, 05:10 PM
Saúl was finally loaned to Chelsea for €5M and an option to buy for €35M. Atlético wanted to put an obligation to buy, but Chelsea insisted to be an option.

Griezmann was loaned to Atlético Madrid for two seasons with an option to buy. I didn’t saw the details of the deal, but loaning Saúl and unloading his salary certainly helps to pay Griezmann. No player was sent back to Barcelona, though they wanted Joao Felix.

dunkman
09-21-2021, 08:06 PM
Some reports from Spain say Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes explored the waters with Atlético Madrid, but the club say no, because of the backlash from the fans.

Given that if was necessary to unload Saúl to take on Griezmann and his salary, I'm thinking if the real reason was the club would be unable to pay Cristiano.

Simeone probably thought, we will pay half and get half the production and higher work rate on recovery. But it's a surprise Griezmann doesn't standup more between Suárez, João Félix, Carrasco and Correa. Perhaps arriving at the end of the transfer window played a factor.

I think Atlético made a mistake there. Sure, Cristiano's salary is higher than Griezmann's, but Cristiano cost United €15M and Griezmann will cost €50M.

lefty
09-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Atletico still salty about those hat tricks :lol

dunkman
09-23-2021, 06:44 PM
I think Ronaldo scored more goals vs Atlético than against any other team, but it was strange Simeone didn't worry about fan backlash when signing Griezmann.

Maybe they thought Mendes was just using them to spark interest from a bigger team which was Ronaldo's choice in the first place. And something like that eventually happened with the City.

dunkman
12-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Atlético Madrid eventually advanced in the Champions League in a red card ridden match against Porto. Liverpool helped winning against AC Milan, on visit. After a 1:0, another two goals in stoppage time sealed the deal, before Porto managed to short the distances in the dying seconds of the match trough a penalty.

While Liverpool won both games vs Atlético, the colchoneros looked good till the refs ruined the games. Depending on the opponents, the campaign could still be good.

However, in La Liga, Real Madrid has a 10 points lead and the derby is coming. Losing the game will slim the chances of repeating, but I think at this point, the main focus will be the Champions League.

dunkman
01-05-2022, 12:00 AM
Trippier is headed to Newcastle for €30M (less than the €40M of his release clause). Atlético is looking to sign Chelsea’s 32-years old skipper Aspilicueta or Wolves’ and ex-Barcelona Semedo as replacements.

===

After 4 consecutive lost games to end 2021, the team won a game vs Rayo Vallecano. Rayo’s striker “el Tigre” Falcao got ovations from Atlético fans, when entering as substitute late in the game.

lefty
01-16-2022, 12:55 PM
El Tigre!

dunkman
03-29-2022, 12:14 PM
Atlético is set to sign Dybala when his contract expires mid-2022, so is joining for free. Dybala would replace Suárez. Simeone is also interested in Lautaro Martínez, but Atlético will not pay €70M Inter is asking for him.

dunkman
05-14-2022, 11:19 AM
Cerezo said el Cholo Simeone has fulfilled the objectives. To finish in first three, and classify for Champions League for 10th consecutive time. But the team has conceded ever 40 goals this season, it seems trade mark defense wasn’t there.

It seems Suárez is done and Griezmann in decline.

Wondering if Emery or Lopetegui would do better with that players.

lefty
05-14-2022, 03:56 PM
Their defense has been declining since Godin left

Also it’s possible his message isn’t going through anymore

FrostKing
09-02-2022, 11:47 AM
https://i.ibb.co/LR7HV8T/Fbl-Hj-CXo-AEU7yx.jpg

dunkman
09-18-2022, 08:09 PM
Atlético lost the derby 1:2 at home. May have more chances, but Real Madrid chances were clearer. Rodrygo and Valverde are progressing quickly, that Benzema’s injury isn’t felt. Tcho also replaced Casemiro without problems.

lefty
09-19-2022, 07:56 AM
Atlético lost the derby 1:2 at home. May have more chances, but Real Madrid chances were clearer. Rodrygo and Valverde are progressing quickly, that Benzema’s injury isn’t felt. Tcho also replaced Casemiro without problems.

Tchou is amazing, better than Casemiro

Valverde is a beast

Vini and Rodrygo have amazing chemistry, them taking a dump on the Pathetico racist fans and that POS Koke was satisfying

dunkman
09-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Tchou is amazing, better than Casemiro

Valverde is a beast

Vini and Rodrygo have amazing chemistry, them taking a dump on the Pathetico racist fans and that POS Koke was satisfying

Too much negativity, no wonder Atlético always end short in the Champions and derbies.

lefty
09-20-2022, 08:36 AM
Too much negativity, no wonder Atlético always end short in the Champions and derbies.

This and Cholo is still coaching like it’s 2014

He doesn’t have the defenders he used to have and he has more offensive talent thsn before but is still stuck in his ways

dunkman
11-02-2022, 12:05 AM
Atlético is out of the Europa league too. Real Madrid does great, but maybe the league isn’t anymore what it was, when the second best team gets out the Champions in group stages and the third best team fails to make it to Europa league.

With all and international players on bench. Some better coaching seems to be missing.

lefty
11-02-2022, 12:17 PM
Atlético is out of the Europa league too. Real Madrid does great, but maybe the league isn’t anymore what it was, when the second best team gets out the Champions in group stages and the third best team fails to make it to Europa league.

With all and international players on bench. Some better coaching seems to be missing.
Agreed, Barca and Peasantico are not great
At least the former seems to be heading in the right direction, even if it's still a bit rocky

The latter needs to let Cholo go tbhm this club needs a shake up

FrostKing
11-02-2022, 02:19 PM
In terms of Barca

Average coach. Isn't innovative nor has he shown ability to make in-game changes.

Beyond time to replace Busquets and Pique

I saw a stat - roster breakdown by age. Essentially you have your 18-25, 26-32 and then above. The top clubs have majority of guys in the middle group. In their prime.

Barca is majority below and above.

dunkman
11-03-2022, 12:21 AM
Sevilla seems to be doing much better with Sampaoli replacing Lopetegui. Probably el Cholo got exhausted or something, perhaps the system isn’t working anymore. He didn’t manage well Joao Felix or Griezmann’s return. Atleti is also wondering why Joao wasn’t shipped to Bayern for €100M during summer, after several lacklustre seasons.

In the case of Barça, sure Lewandowski or Dembele are top talents, but other players aren’t really world class. Some are old, there are some injuries and Xavi doesn’t seem to adapt the game plan for what he has. Doing fine in La Liga, but simply not good enough for the champions.

dunkman
11-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Some reports pointing Simeone’s replacement could be Luis Enrique for next season. Given Simeone is best paid manager with quite some margin, there shouldn’t be a problem to bring almost anyone they want. But to guarantee success and consistent results is a different story.

Some are pointing Joao Felix and Llorente may be on their way out in January, though it will be difficult for a new manager if the talent gets thin. Joao has less than two seasons left and waiting more could prevent Atlético recouping most money spent on the transfer, since the forward most probably won’t renew the contract. Llorente seems less dynamic than previous seasons, initially was great but is considered expandable.

Apparently Cerezo and Gil may be selling the club for around $2B, say some sources.

dunkman
12-27-2022, 04:45 AM
The news from Madrid are that Mac Allister from Brighton may be set to reinforce the Atlético mid-field after the great Mundial campaign with Argentina. But competition will be strong with several big Premier League teams, also with Inter from Milan. The advantage Atlético has it that already has several Argentine players and the player may feel more comfortable there.

DAF86
12-27-2022, 01:38 PM
The news from Madrid are that Mac Allister from Brighton may be set to reinforce the Atlético mid-field after the great Mundial campaign with Argentina. But competition will be strong with several big Premier League teams, also with Inter from Milan. The advantage Atlético has it that already has several Argentine players and the player may feel more comfortable there.

Every Argentine player that has gone there has seen a huge dip in performance. Simeone doesn't stop trying to ruin Argentine players.