PDA

View Full Version : Black Little Mermaid?

FrostKing
07-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Little Mermaid

Black

FrostKing
07-07-2019, 09:02 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1bxMP0Z/D-m-CR6-W4-AE2-Krf.jpg

koriwhat
07-07-2019, 09:56 PM
our society is fucking stupid these days with its bs sjw virtue signaling masses. either way, wgaf what disney does anyhow because they fizzled out in the 90's and have done nothing but regurgitate the same bs in various different mediums.

spurraider21
07-07-2019, 10:23 PM
wgaf
exactly :tu

Bynumite
07-07-2019, 10:23 PM
They finally learned how to swim. Congrats :tu

Pavlov
07-07-2019, 10:34 PM
lol triggered

Xevious
07-07-2019, 10:51 PM
:lol Who gives a fuck?

And :lol at people getting upset at these live action remakes anyway. When people stop seeing them, they'll stop making them. They may be creative bankrupt decisions, but they're drawing interest to their old properties for a new generation viewers/Disney park visitors. It's a solid business decision.

GAustex
07-07-2019, 11:12 PM
That one (and only) time on a cruise to Bahamas went snorkling and the brothers who watched over us swam like fish.

Saw lots of cool fish and an eel-it was green and looked like it could mess you up

DJR210
07-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Mary Jane Watson is black now too, as is Nick Fury. Who gives a fuck. Spurstalk race baiting got old like 5 years ago broski

FrostKing
07-08-2019, 12:09 AM

And :lol at people getting upset at these live action remakes anyway. When people stop seeing them, they'll stop making them. They may be creative bankrupt decisions, but they're drawing interest to their old properties for a new generation viewers/Disney park visitors. It's a solid business decision.
In 10 years the Mermaid will be a biological male with testosterone breast. Will it still be "who gives a fuck then"?

They are brainwashing your youth into acceptance. Disney wrote an explanation where they argue there exists "black Danes". You might be okay with that explanation as American with decades of black brainwashing but I am betting if the Mermaid wore a headscarf you wouldn't be as accepting.

This is not a coicidence.
This is a deliberate attempt to replace

https://i.ibb.co/7rCK4CS/IMG-20190707-WA0027.jpg

Spurtacular
07-08-2019, 01:29 AM
Who gives a fuck.

People who like to see franchises stay true to the characters/stories and not dabble in this snowflake BS.

Spurtacular
07-08-2019, 01:30 AM
In 10 years the Mermaid will be a biological male with testosterone breast. Will it still be "who gives a fuck then"?

Homosexuals like Blake (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460), Reck (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) and Pavlov (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7343) will like it.

DJR210
07-08-2019, 02:33 AM

:lol

DJR210
07-08-2019, 02:35 AM

They are brainwashing your youth into acceptance. Disney wrote an explanation where they argue there exists "black Danes". You might be okay with that explanation as American with decades of black brainwashing but I am betting if the Mermaid wore a headscarf you wouldn't be as accepting.

:lol why are you so emotionally invested in Disney princess movies?

Yes, it will still be who gives a fuck then :lol

Xevious
07-08-2019, 04:40 AM

It's a fucking mermaid. Relax.

Millennial_Messiah
07-08-2019, 07:08 AM
In a few years she'll be cute, I guess. Too young right now

BD24
07-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Imagine being a grown man and caring about the skin color of the little mermaid :lol

benefactor
07-08-2019, 10:25 AM

benefactor
07-08-2019, 10:26 AM
I don't give a shit at all, but some of race movie poster swaps I've seen over the past week have been gold.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Imagine being a grown man and caring about the skin color of the little mermaid :lol

lol

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2019, 11:20 AM

Can't lie, I laughed at this:lol

mrsmaalox
07-08-2019, 12:09 PM

mrsmaalox
07-08-2019, 12:14 PM

:lmao I was at HEB this morning and about 75% of the biological males I passed had testosterone breasts. I didn’t give a fuck lol

TimDunkem
07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Mermaids aren't even real. Who gives a shit what color they are?

DeadlyDynasty
07-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Mermaids aren't even real.
Wait...what?

Spurminator
07-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Don't worry, Frosty, you can still spank it your copy of the original on VHS. As far as I know, they're not re-animating that one or confiscating older copies.... YET. :oops

DAF86
07-08-2019, 03:06 PM
They should come up with new characters instead of re-colouring old ones. And anyone who thinks that people are instant racists just because they have a problem with classic characters being physically changed, should open their minds a bit more.

Nobody changed the ethnicity of Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman but folks had a problem with Eisenberg because he looked nothing like Luthor. Luthor is suppossed to be a big, bold grown up not an annoying longhaired manchild.

I'm a Spawn fan and I wouldn't want a remake made with a white male playing Spawn.

It's not about racism or ethnicity, it's about familiarity.

FrostKing
07-08-2019, 03:12 PM

Black population isn't growing. So throw out that "drawing interest" argument

"The Princess and the Frog" is the #118th highest grossing Disney film. The only other films in that range from the 2000's are considered bombs

So there is no market for black films. They are hijacking European stories & characters and repackaging as social experiment. Scary stuff tbh

SpursforSix
07-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Disney was a racist and misogynist. I'm surprised that the company hasn't been boycotted yet.

Chucho
07-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Disney was a racist and misogynist. I'm surprised that the company hasn't been boycotted yet.

Marketing to a society polluted with cognitive dissonance isn't very hard.

Spurminator
07-08-2019, 05:07 PM
They should come up with new characters instead of re-colouring old ones. And anyone who thinks that people are instant racists just because they have a problem with classic characters being physically changed, should open their minds a bit more.

Nobody changed the ethnicity of Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman but folks had a problem with Eisenberg because he looked nothing like Luthor. Luthor is suppossed to be a big, bold grown up not an annoying longhaired manchild.

I'm a Spawn fan and I wouldn't want a remake made with a white male playing Spawn.

Are you going to be upset if Ursula isn't purple?

I find the familiarity argument weak and selective, tbh. The Little Mermaid wasn't a new character when the cartoon movie came out either. Did the red-head Americanized Ariel screw up your image of Hans Christian Andersen's brown-haired Danish Ariel?

Skin color isn't the same as build or other physical traits that are central to a character. It's not like casting Rapunzel with a bald chick. Lex Luthor was bald for a reason specific to his origin story. Ariel's skin color is not central to her story or her character.

Aside from The Princess and the Frog, black girls have been going to Disney movies for over 80 years to watch stories about white princesses. So now they get an Ariel that looks like them. Good. I wouldn't have any issue with them remaking every Disney movie with black leads.

If you or your white daughters can't relate for some reason, the white cartoon version of Ariel is still available literally everywhere and will probably always be the most popular version.

clambake
07-08-2019, 05:14 PM

oh......you were the spawn fan.

Pavlov
07-08-2019, 05:25 PM
WHY IS SHE NOT SPEAKING DANISH LIKE REAL MERMAIDS?

Darth_Pelican
07-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Daryl Hannah was so hot in Splash.

Blake
07-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Next they'll have the voice of African lion King Simba be a pasty white guy.

Det nasty slippery slope

spurraider21
07-08-2019, 05:46 PM
you tell me. are you going to give a shit about the little mermaid in 10 years? how old are you going to be?

TimmyBuckets
07-08-2019, 05:51 PM
:lmao

Blake
07-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Homosexuals like Blake (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460), Reck (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) and Pavlov (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7343) will like it.

Oh look who's gay searching in a mermaid thread.

Just another day

Spurtacular
07-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Oh look who's gay searching in a mermaid thread.

Just another day

Found one.

:rollin

FrostKing
07-08-2019, 06:11 PM
you tell me. are you going to give a shit about the little mermaid in 10 years? how old are you going to be?
I'll be raising children. My Asian friend said he discussed with wife and they won't be showing this one or other similar to their child

Pavlov
07-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I'll be raising children.:lmao

My Asian friend:rollin

Chris
07-08-2019, 06:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D--qUxVVUAALbUY.jpg:large

Chris
07-08-2019, 06:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-_VO4pWsAE_LTQ.jpg:large

DMC
07-08-2019, 08:57 PM
It's not wrong to give black kids something they can relate to other than rappers, gangs and athletes. Non-issue.

DMC
07-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Pop culture exists and it's not right that little black kids are made to feel like they aren't part of anything. You can remember how you want. The market will decide.

Xevious
07-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Black population isn't growing. So throw out that "drawing interest" argument
I wasn't referring to race at all when I said drawing interest. I meant these are aging properties and it gives them exposure to a younger generation.

FrostKing
07-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Pop culture exists and it's not right that little black kids are made to feel like they aren't part of anything. You can remember how you want. The market will decide.
They are 13% of the population and get almost 1/3 of the roles. They are vastly over-represented

DMC
07-08-2019, 09:13 PM
They are 13% of the population and get almost 1/3 of the roles. They are vastly over-represented

Then don't pay to see the films. That will create an instant correction.

DAF86
07-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Are you going to be upset if Ursula isn't purple?

I find the familiarity argument weak and selective, tbh. The Little Mermaid wasn't a new character when the cartoon movie came out either. Did the red-head Americanized Ariel screw up your image of Hans Christian Andersen's brown-haired Danish Ariel?

Skin color isn't the same as build or other physical traits that are central to a character. It's not like casting Rapunzel with a bald chick. Lex Luthor was bald for a reason specific to his origin story. Ariel's skin color is not central to her story or her character.

Aside from The Princess and the Frog, black girls have been going to Disney movies for over 80 years to watch stories about white princesses. So now they get an Ariel that looks like them. Good. I wouldn't have any issue with them remaking every Disney movie with black leads.

If you or your white daughters can't relate for some reason, the white cartoon version of Ariel is still available literally everywhere and will probably always be the most popular version.

What specific reason had Luthor to be bald? I'm not saying it isn't the case, I'm just asking. I'm not a big Superman fan.

Also, depending who you ask, I'm not White, tbh. :lol

DAF86
07-08-2019, 09:42 PM

Come up with new shit like that new Spiderman whose name wasn't forced to be Peter Parker. That's the right way to do it. I took my little sister to watch that movie and we loved it.

DJR210
07-08-2019, 10:28 PM

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 12:52 PM
"Imagine being a grown man and caring about a 90 second song before kickoff"

Blake
07-09-2019, 12:57 PM

Lol because that's exactly the same thing!

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 01:04 PM
The Star Spangled Banner doesn't even involve Police

BD24
07-09-2019, 01:36 PM
So the national anthem and little mermaid are equally important to you?
good to know

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 01:39 PM
So the national anthem and little mermaid are equally important to you?
good to know
Disney is more powerful & influential than the national anthem

DAF86
07-09-2019, 01:53 PM
oh......you were the spawn fan.

Not the movie. The Cartoon and toys as a kid.

Spurminator
07-09-2019, 01:55 PM
What specific reason had Luthor to be bald? I'm not saying it isn't the case, I'm just asking. I'm not a big Superman fan.

I had to look it up. Several versions but looks like the most canonical one is that his hair burned off in a lab experiment at an early age.

Only Lex I care about is Gene Hackman.

Blake
07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
The Star Spangled Banner doesn't even involve Police

Chris
07-09-2019, 04:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_CmtMBWsAAIfwa.jpg:large

Chris
07-09-2019, 04:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_C5HUXXkAAYHvn.jpg:large

Millennial_Messiah
07-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Disney is more powerful & influential than the national anthem

Who cares? If she's hot, she's hot, doesn't matter what color she is, as long as she's fit, got good hips, tits, and legs and a natural pussy, my dick is all up in it tbh

The Gemini Method
07-09-2019, 06:02 PM
I mean the story itself is a skewed one. Where a an underage Mermaid longs for the di** of a dude that would be slapped with a statutory rape charges if it were to happen in today's world. I mean, if you don't find a curious disgust with the original premise, well then, why are you outraged over a 1/2 breed playing Ariel? The funny part is this: Most of the people bitching about it (sans Spurstalk) is Latinas. Sort of the Morissey worshipping obsession that still seems odd to me.

spurraider21
07-09-2019, 08:07 PM
is ariel being white relevant to the plot or character at all? no.

if its an historical character like MLK? obviously you'd cast a black person. that trait is quite important.

obviously, you'd cast a british man for james bond.

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 08:16 PM

if its an historical character like MLK? obviously you'd cast a black person. that trait is quite important.

It is uncomfortable that blacks are cast for 95/100 of these no-white remakes. There needs to be more diversity

spurraider21
07-09-2019, 08:22 PM
It is uncomfortable that blacks are cast for 95/100 of these no-white remakes. There needs to be more diversity
not enough white lead roles for you?

Millennial_Messiah
07-09-2019, 08:36 PM

good point, but any tall short hair white dude for james bond would be ok, don't know why he'd have to be british if he can pull off the accent like the American lord of the rings characters for instance

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 08:38 PM
not enough white lead roles for you?
Not enough non-black

spurraider21
07-09-2019, 08:39 PM
good point, but any tall short hair white dude for james bond would be ok, don't know why he'd have to be british if he can pull off the accent like the American lord of the rings characters for instance
true. nobody gave a shit that hugh jackman was australian and not canadian when he portrayed wolverine

Blake
07-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Lol "uncomfortable"

FrostKing
07-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Lol "uncomfortable"
I don't live in africa

Blake
07-09-2019, 11:36 PM
I don't live in africa

I know.

I bet the kids sitting next to a bitter white guy in the theater won't be comfortable either.

Sir Johnny
07-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Without blacks involved...

track
blues
jazz
rap
basketball
football
R&B
soul
reggae
funk
boxing

....would totally suck.

The USA Olympic teams with no blacks on it would get trounced.

Read up on the history of American music, you won't go far before you start reading about the huge influence the black man made on what came later.

Imagine an all white NBA....zzzzzzzz.

Blacks simply possess more rhythmn, and are physically superior in general, and it really is very obvious.

Chucho
07-09-2019, 11:52 PM
Without blacks involved...

track
blues
jazz
rap
basketball
football
R&B
soul
reggae
funk
boxing

....would totally suck.

The USA Olympic teams with no blacks on it would get trounced.

Read up on the history of American music, you won't go far before you start reading about the huge influence the black man made on what came later.

Imagine an all white NBA....zzzzzzzz.

Blacks simply possess more rhythmn, and are physically superior in general, and it really is very obvious.

Happy Birthday, Sir Johnny!

Millennial_Messiah
07-09-2019, 11:57 PM
Happy Birthday, Sir Johnny (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=53785)!

He's got stockholm syndrome from husband-in-law Stan, it shows

Sir Johnny
07-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Happy Birthday, Sir Johnny (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=53785)!

Thank you.

I need to post the video of me going out for a pass with Mason at QB, I faked out a black garbage can. Yep, caught the pass then .....spike!

70 years old going out for passes, just something I wanted to do.

Larry....that will be Deion Sanders (pointing at black garbage can)
Mason.....he's trash.

Hahahaha~~~

Sir Johnny
07-10-2019, 12:10 AM
He's got stockholm syndrome from husband-in-law Stan, it shows

translation

Hell, no wonder he knows all the stuff, he was there and saw it happen.

DAF86
07-10-2019, 09:38 AM
I like how Hollywood produces remakes changing the ethnicity and gender of well known characters but any new film and lead character that appears is still played 90% of the time by a white male. :lol

I'm all for equality, but real one. Not this fake one where the main objective is to create controversy, notoriety and publicity.

I can already picture a fat white producer off screen saying "let's make James Bond black. We won't even need to advertise the movie. LOL" "Hey! What about this potentially Oscar winning script?" "oh right! Get me Di Caprio for that one".

Mitch
07-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Don't see the big deal, tbh. It's likely going to be a shitshow of a movie no matter who is cast :lol

FrostKing
07-15-2019, 09:53 PM
https://i.ibb.co/nBT1SJk/Screenshot-2019-07-15-19-47-24-1.png

Blake
07-15-2019, 10:04 PM
^

Uh oh snowflake storm looming on the horizon

FrostKing
07-16-2019, 01:10 AM
^
MLK was a snowflake?

Blake
07-16-2019, 01:24 AM
MLK was a snowflake?

You're a snow storm

Pavlov
07-16-2019, 03:36 AM
https://i.ibb.co/nBT1SJk/Screenshot-2019-07-15-19-47-24-1.pngSo she'll be the next 007 after Daniel Craig's James Bond retires in this movie and three years from now some other dude will be playing 007 James Bond in the next movie and you can pretend this never happened.

Texas_Ranger
07-16-2019, 07:22 AM
Don't see the big deal, tbh. It's likely going to be a shitshow of a movie no matter who is cast :lol

this. Just look at the Lion King. This ''live action'' Disney remakes are just one giant shit.