PDA

View Full Version : Change Topic: Dallas is pursuing Jack!

SequSpur
07-29-2003, 04:04 PM
I am watching the Spurs DVD right now and after watching the main video and now I am on the 4th Quarters of each Game 6 and I want him back!!!!

Please.

ducks
07-29-2003, 04:05 PM
why do you say you like him one minute but hates his ass and say he sucks the next minute:Q

SequSpur
07-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Its called being a Spurs fan.

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Of course...if you were watching him in the first half of game six instead of the fourth quarter you would be willing to trade him for a used jock strap and a dozen cream filled donuts...

Jimcs50
07-29-2003, 04:20 PM
CC, you should know, it is not how your drive, but how you arrive. Jax is the best clutch performer on the team. He never chokes FTs, he has led comebacks too many times to count, he has the best first step on the team and he gets opponents in foul trouble with his dribble penetrations and dishes or layups or dunks. He is also Tim's best recipient of passes in the paint.

ducks
07-29-2003, 04:23 PM
tim has been on record how he likes manu passes to him not jackson:wacko

Jimcs50
07-29-2003, 04:25 PM
I said recipient Ducks...that means who Tim passes to. Pay Attention!!!

ducks
07-29-2003, 04:29 PM
I hope Duncan does not pass to him anymore (if he resigns eleswhere):drunk

pseudofan
07-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah.....

Sign Steven Jackson to a one year, $500, Invisilign braces commercial.....

That's the only thing he's good for!

STEVEN JACKSON SUCKS HIS OWN ASS AND MINE TOO!!!!

Jimcs50
07-29-2003, 04:56 PM
^^^Sequ is rubbing off on you, I'm affraid. :)

Jax is great, he does not suck.His agent sucks.

pseudofan
07-29-2003, 05:02 PM
There is a tremendous difference between GREAT and SUCKS. And if you ask me....he's alot closer to SUCKS than he will ever be to GREAT.

Check please..

SequSpur
07-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Stephen Jackson was kind of like a rookie this year... And if you graded him on that scale, he was very good.

In Game 6 vs. Dallas we were down 15ish to the Mavs and Jackson got hot and closed the gap while Kerr came in and put the game away. During the Phoenix series, Jax was the difference in scoring and some key steals down the stretch of those games.

Honey, that is what you call scoreboard. And Jackson is a scoreboard player. He has made a lot of mistakes, but that goes to his rookieness. If given another chance, man... the sky is the limit.

Jackson does not suck, he is just young and learning. To bad he is not coming back.

timvp
07-29-2003, 05:24 PM
After thinking it over the last couple days, I believe the smart thing to do is keep Jack. Even if you have to give him slightly more money then you thought you'd have to give him, you need to do it.

Get rid of Mercer. Sign Jack. Then you have a young core of perimeter players you can go to war with for the next 8 years.

He's too damn clutch.

Damn.

:hang

pseudofan
07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
How long does he get to keep his "rookie" status???

So as long as he keeps screwing up, but manages to hit a few important baskets he can chalk it up to "rookieness"???

BS....

kohai
07-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Jax is the best clutch performer on the team. He never chokes FTs...

If you have the DVD, go re-watch the Phoenix game 6 4th quarter. Jack clangs like 3 out of 4 at one point, making the game MUCH closer than it had to be.

timvp - Nice idea, but his agent isn't known for compromising. You give his player what he demands, or he takes him elsewhere. See: Eisely, Howard; Anderson, Shandon.

SequSpur
07-29-2003, 05:39 PM
So, any trades we would take from Dallas for Jack? They are officially as reported pursuing Jack.

Frickin Nelson is going to piss me off.

Milton
07-29-2003, 05:44 PM
The Spurs aren't really under the gun to Fegan since they're covered if he walks. I believe Jack is still a restricted free agent. The Spurs can match any deal from Dallas that Jack signs as a free agent except through a sign and trade. Dallas could give him that long term deal and if they do I am sure the Spurs will let Dallas have him.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2003, 05:44 PM
He won't go to dallas, thats no diffrent than our situation and he'd be on the bench. How much does he really want to start?

But, if Cuban wants tos crew up his cap situation and add a swingman who scores when he needs is interior D, fine.

SequSpur
07-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah.. its interesting that they would pursue him as they are loaded in the scoring department, but there defense is still suspect... Somethings up... somewhere.. Pop goes media on Jack and now Dallas is pursuing him? hmmmmm

Milton
07-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Dallas needs some sort of free agency score now to placate their fans. Signing Jack "away" from the Spurs would look like a win for the Mavs. That would be true if the Spurs did not make the trade for Turkoglu and Mercer. Another way it would make sense would be if Dallas was to trade away one or more of their perimeter players for size.

ducks
07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
if the mavs traded a one of the big three for a big man jack might acutally see playing time there.

kohai
07-29-2003, 06:01 PM
He won't go to dallas, thats no diffrent than our situation and he'd be on the bench.

He'd be getting PAYED, though.

Admiral
07-29-2003, 06:49 PM
I agree with timvp. :fro

If it costs a little more than we originally planned to re-sign SJax, go ahead and do it anyway. He's clutch, he's young, he's athletic, and most importantly, he's proven that he is coachable. He worked his butt off to go from castaway to the most fearless and most emotional player we have. It's hard to put a price tag on that, but I am willing to pay him on potential. I guarantee you that Stephen would continue to improve in our system.

ducks
07-29-2003, 06:53 PM
how he will not see the minutes now?

if he does come back who minutes will he take?

do you bring him back and take hedo's or manu's minutes away from them and give them to jack?

and not see what you have in hedo or manu

KoriEllis
07-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Jack's agent wants years (five) and some sort of clause to start. The Spurs have already offered him 3-year/$12M. I don't see them offering him five years and a promise to start.

What more do you want the Spurs to do?

I would never give Jack a five-year contract as much as I love him and want him back. You don't tie up money for five years in a guy that gave you a solid (yet erratic), clutch season.

genghisrex
07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
If Dallas trades Finley then Jackson would see some solid minutes on the Mavs. That's not outside the realm of possibility either seeing as how Fin's name always comes up in trade speculation and if Dallas wants to get tougher inside Nellie and Cuban are obviously going to have to give up somebody. How Stephen might do under Nelson would remain to be seen, but the Mavs never saw a 3 pointer they didn't like and neither did Jackson so they could be a good match.

scott
07-29-2003, 07:32 PM
I could see Jack's game seriously regressing and him averaging about 5 TOs a game for the Mavs, if he got the PT. That system is successful because Nash, Dirk, Finley, and NVE are at least somewhat diciplined, not to mention a lot better than Jack. I just picture Jack going gonzo in the Mavs wide open season and shooting about 25% from the field.

ducks
07-29-2003, 07:47 PM
dallas needs a big and youare right they need to give one of there big three up to get one.

how much is finely making?