PDA

View Full Version : Weatherspoon is a stud

LASToog36
07-07-2019, 09:46 PM
He's our guy... Efficient scorer and just seems he has ice in his veins. He reminds me of a young ginobili. Not afraid of the moment and can move like a young d.wade. He's the real 19th pick and imo will make it on the rotation before the rest of the summer league spurs.

Dhbsr555
07-07-2019, 09:55 PM
For who? Y’all seem to think walker isn’t getting minutes... he is The Spurs are extremely high on him. Forbes isn’t going anywhere. You got beli and mills behind them. And I can guarantee white is starting with Murray .

BSfromTX
07-07-2019, 09:56 PM
I like the dude. Plays like a vet
is our plan to use him more as point guard or 2?

TXstbobcat
07-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Having a good summer league. Will spend the season playing in Austin.

Dejounte
07-07-2019, 10:02 PM
I like the dude. Plays like a vet
is our plan to use him more as point guard or 2?

Both. Dude is a stone cold killer. We have a really deep team and bright future no matter what happens. Plenty of assets and flexibility.

Ron Swanson
07-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Having a good summer league. Will spend the season playing in Austin.

John B
07-07-2019, 10:13 PM
He’s a steal at 49th. He has the poise of White, and strong 6’4” wihth 6’9 wingspan. While Luka and Keldon need 2-3 years seasoning, this guy is ready now but probably not going tobsee the big dance only because of Spurs depth. He reminds me of young Billups, strong, composed and can hit the 3.

Dhbsr555
07-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Spurs really do have a talent for getting talent in the draft

Dennis the Menace
07-07-2019, 10:36 PM

Its why their draft picks are worth their weight in gold. It’s why the fanbase gets pissed when they waste a pick on the euros/stashes because they know drafting talent that can be developed in a 2-3 year program is at the highest level in the NBA. The best in the entire league. It’s our saving grace

C-Dub
07-07-2019, 10:48 PM
He is already signed to the Spurs big team along with Eubanks on our 2 two way contracts. So he will get called up to play with the main squad from time to time. Let's hope it's at least the amount of times that Eubanks got called up last year compared to what Moore did last year when he was on a 2 way contract.

Hyperhypo
07-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Our last 2 picks in this draft are great

Dhbsr555
07-07-2019, 10:54 PM
Our last 2 picks in this draft are great
Really 3 Murray white and walker.. not to mention this years picks

Hyperhypo
07-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Really 3 Murray white and walker.. not to mention this years picks

Those guys are great. I was just talking about this year's draft though

leo07251413
07-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Quinn is 22, Luka & KJ are both 19, it's normal that Quinn looks more mature on the court.

cjw
07-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Hopefully they keep part of the MLE available next offseason to sign him to more than the typical minimum deal that second rounders get to push out free agency.

Dhbsr555
07-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Kinda seems we are getting better at drafting imo.

duncan2k5
07-07-2019, 11:48 PM

Bro... They played like three summer league games... I remember when yall were going crazy over fathead in the summer league too... I want them to succeed, but knowing Pop, they may not play solid minutes for YEARS... then will be used as trade fodder

Dhbsr555
07-07-2019, 11:50 PM
Bro... They played like three summer league games... I remember when yall were going crazy over fathead in the summer league too... I want them to succeed, but knowing Pop, they may not play solid minutes for YEARS... then will be used as trade fodder

I never was but are you gonna deny The Spurs can’t draft. I was making an overall point that they have a good scouting team

paperboy77
07-07-2019, 11:59 PM
He's our guy... Efficient scorer and just seems he has ice in his veins. He reminds me of a young ginobili. Not afraid of the moment and can move like a young d.wade. He's the real 19th pick and imo will make it on the rotation before the rest of the summer league spurs.

Ginobili? Come on dude. The guy is More like Larry Fields. D-Leage guy for sure.

paperboy77
07-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Young Billups sucked. It was the seasoned-on a different team Billups that worked out. Nothing in his early years told you he’d amount to something.

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Ginobili? Come on dude. The guy is More like Larry Fields. D-Leage guy for sure.
Let’s see how everyone does at Austin I mean it’s summer league guys.

timvp
07-08-2019, 12:12 AM
I don't know if he's a stud but Weatherspoon definitely passes the eye-test in summer league unlike a number of other Spurs second round draft picks in the past. I lost all confidence in Marcus Williams and Jack McClinton, as examples, during their first summer league due to them failing the eye-test.

duncan2k5
07-08-2019, 12:17 AM
I never was but are you gonna deny The Spurs can’t draft. I was making an overall point that they have a good scouting team

The players have to actually pan out in the NBA before u make that claim... These guys have played three summer league games... Not even preseason!

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 12:19 AM
The players have to actually pan out in the NBA before u make that claim... These guys have played three summer league games... Not even preseason!
Lol I agree I was making that point earlier . I was talking about earlier picks before them

duncan2k5
07-08-2019, 12:38 AM
Lol I agree I was making that point earlier . I was talking about earlier picks before them

Ok... I see... But we overrate them... Every year there are players chosen after us that end up better than the guys we pick... If our scouting was so great, they would have chosen those players instead... For goodness sakes Jokic was a second round draft pick

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Ok... I see... But we overrate them... Every year there are players chosen after us that end up better than the guys we pick... If our scouting was so great, they would have chosen those players instead... For goodness sakes Jokic was a second round draft pick
Ya that’s true. I was not a fan of drafting Luka I wanted nassir little or Brandon Clark .. so he’s gonna have to prove himself.

Hyperhypo
07-08-2019, 01:34 AM
Ya that’s true. I was not a fan of drafting Luka I wanted nassir little or Brandon Clark .. so he’s gonna have to prove himself.
Luka is not passing the eye test previously mentioned

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 01:41 AM
Luka is not passing the eye test previously mentioned

I will give him a chance but I don’t see it . I don’t see potential there I see maybe a bertans kind of player and that shouldn’t be our 19th pick

Pavlov
07-08-2019, 01:42 AM
Ok... I see... But we overrate them... Every year there are players chosen after us that end up better than the guys we pick... If our scouting was so great, they would have chosen those players instead... For goodness sakes Jokic was a second round draft pickAre you a fan of the San Antonio Spurs NBA basketball team?

You've never said anything positive about them.

Like ever.

They draft well. Don't be a bitch about that.

south side spur
07-08-2019, 01:45 AM
Are you a fan of the San Antonio Spurs NBA basketball team?

You've never said anything positive about them.

Like ever.

They draft well. Don't be a bitch about that.

Not true bro this guy loved him some Jonathon “dumb as a box of rocks” Simmons. Swore he was the 2nd coming.

Seventyniner
07-08-2019, 01:47 AM
QWERTY goin' in ALL CAPS MODE.

Pavlov
07-08-2019, 01:48 AM
Not true bro this guy loved him some Jonathon “dumb as a box of rocks” Simmons. Swore he was the 2nd coming.:lol that explains a lot. Probably wants him back.

Dhbsr555
07-08-2019, 01:52 AM
I know how much everyone loved the red rocket .. let’s resign him :spin

Spurtacular
07-08-2019, 02:49 AM

Not seeing it. Young Manu was quick AF. This guy was remind me more of Slo Mo on the speed side of it.

Spurtacular
07-08-2019, 02:49 AM
Are you a fan of the San Antonio Spurs NBA basketball team?

:lmao Lakers Fan Chump Spurs fan policing. :lmao

DJR210
07-08-2019, 02:50 AM
I don't know if he's a stud but Weatherspoon definitely passes the eye-test in summer league unlike a number of other Spurs second round draft picks in the past. I lost all confidence in Marcus Williams and Jack McClinton, as examples, during their first summer league due to them failing the eye-test.

DeShaun Thomas also comes to mind

r0drig0lac
07-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Derrick White 2.0

ceperez
07-08-2019, 07:04 AM
He is already signed to the Spurs big team along with Eubanks on our 2 two way contracts. So he will get called up to play with the main squad from time to time. Let's hope it's at least the amount of times that Eubanks got called up last year compared to what Moore did last year when he was on a 2 way contract.

He should be useful as a PG. Has enough size and athleticism to play that role in the NBA.

Although, we have to admit, Spurs are loaded with guards and it will help SGs to sometimes play PG. So guys like Forbes, Walker who aren't natural PGs should get some reps playing that role. Makes them better players.

The only real way he can crack the lineup if he shoots a ridiculous high percentage on his 3s.

Truth4sale$
07-08-2019, 09:00 AM
I like this guy, but I will admit I was dissapointed with the pick initially because Spurs have plenty of guards, and I wanted a small forward. Sometimes you pick the best available with a eye to the future. He clearly will replace Belineli next year. He is the second round pick who is showing he deserved a 3 year contract and roster spot..NOW! not Metu. Poor Metu who is likely still at least a year away and has shown he was raw and hasn't been healthy to show any growth this year so far, where as Weatherspoon is playing like he wants more than Austin. Gotta love that attitude.

RC_Drunkford
07-08-2019, 09:18 AM
I hope we can lock him up for a long time on a cheap deal. He's a perfect combo guard coming off the bench. They will probably let him do a lot of playmaking in Austin so he improves at running the offense

SpursDynasty85
07-08-2019, 09:50 AM

I agree that Quindarry is ready before thise other guys (the other guys are 19!). It woukd be interesting to see how PATFO handles this situation if Weatherspoon continues to impress because we have 6 other gaurds needing playing time too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately, will be playing in Austin so Pop can continue to clutch his Patty Mills culture doll.

jbspurs
07-08-2019, 10:03 AM

You don't see the Luka as a great draft? SMH

John B
07-08-2019, 10:17 AM
We are loaded at the guard position. If there’s any truth to the Westbrook trade, he could be on a trading block or any of our young guards. And I keep thinking why we drafted another guard, but now it’s working perfectly for the PATFO that QDarry is playing very well.

kobyz
07-08-2019, 11:06 AM
next Mario Elie

LASToog36
07-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Lebron was lebron at 19 so no excuses for luka

BackHome
07-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Say What? :rolleyes

Maddog
07-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Lebron was lebron at 19 so no excuses for luka