PDA

View Full Version : Nick Wright said Spurs trade Russ for..

JuegaBonito
07-09-2019, 06:31 AM
In First things First Nick Wright said Spurs could trade Demar, Lonnie Walker and D White for Russ.... lmao about fell out of my chair dude must be on drugs, I wouldn’t even trade Demar for Russ straight up and Demar is trash.

lost all respect for nick wright if I ever had any , CC said hell no

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 06:43 AM
In First things First Nick Wright said Spurs could trade Demar, Lonnie Walker and D White for Russ.... lmao about fell out of my chair dude must be on drugs, I wouldn’t even trade Demar for Russ straight up and Demar is trash.

wouldnt trade Lonnie for brook.. to me him and white are off limits

jermaine
07-09-2019, 06:44 AM
I like Nick Wright, but even stupid ass Crhis Carter put him in his place. Like Chros said, Russ would drive Pop to an early grace with those Stupid ass shots. Then why in the fuck would we trade Derozan, White, an Lonnie for that loser!?! I wouldn't trade Mills, Marco, and Metu for Russ.

Mr. Body
07-09-2019, 06:48 AM
White and Lonnie have pretty high ceilings right now. No way you jettison them.

jermaine
07-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Russ would take time away from Murray.... I wanna see alot of him an White.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Another thing taking on that contract would make it very hard to resign any of or young core

jermaine
07-09-2019, 06:55 AM
I seriously got offended when I heard him say that. Just thinking what if our FO is considering that stupid shit. I hate Russ as a player. Demar is a better team player to me.

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Stupid idea from Nick Wright

baseline bum
07-09-2019, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't trade Steve Smith and Beno for Westbrook.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 07:09 AM
I might do rasho but that’s my top offer.

Chillen
07-09-2019, 07:10 AM
I am fine with trading DeMar for Westbrook but White and Walker should be off limits since Spurs would be taking on his salary. Let them have Forbes, Marco and a few future picks and DeRozan. It's better than what Miami is offering.

RC_Drunkford
07-09-2019, 07:16 AM
man I just hope we don't trade for him. There's no way I would want him or that contract on the Spurs

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 07:16 AM
I’d keep Murray out of it because even if you did trade Murray it be better to package him In another deal.. having said that I don’t want brook and would rather keep our young core together .. but if we did I want to see a mills belli forbs derozen picks trade.. none of our young core.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-09-2019, 07:20 AM
No, Russ will not be joining the Spurs...

baseline bum
07-09-2019, 07:22 AM
man I just hope we don't trade for him. There's no way I would want him or that contract on the Spurs

Even if his contract was half of what it is I would not want him. It's a shame because he's ridiculously talented. Back at UCLA he was a fucking lockdown defender and a hell of a weapon playing the two, but at PG with the ball in his hands every possession and with him not caring about defense since coming in the league do not want even at half price.

Dennis the Menace
07-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Do NOT TRADE Murray, White, or Walker. Those are 3 stars in the making. The future of the franchise.

Russ is an overpaid, inefficient, selfish, arrogant, constant knee surgery player who won’t be worth anything once his athleticism stalls out because he never developed/improved his shot.

It would be the sign of all signs that Popovich high-jacked the team and put his ego before the benefit of the organization if he traded the future core of the Spurs for some last ditch effort to Win Now in this season or next.

The Spurs are better now and in the future with Murray, White, Walker than with Russ. Hopefully the front office isn’t mentally unhinged

YGWHI
07-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Sometimes a team gives a player a deal to prevent him from signing with a conference rival but Lakers/Clippers/Warriors/Rockets/Nuggets/Blazers can't sign him...There is no need for Russ on the Spurs.

Ocotillo
07-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Too bad the Clippers don't have more assets to trade. Russ would be great on the Clips, Nephew would never see the ball.

FkLA
07-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Do NOT TRADE Murray, White, or Walker. Those are 3 stars in the making. The future of the franchise.

Russ is an overpaid, inefficient, selfish, arrogant, constant knee surgery player who won’t be worth anything once his athleticism stalls out because he never developed/improved his shot.

It would be the sign of all signs that Popovich high-jacked the team and put his ego before the benefit of the organization if he traded the future core of the Spurs for some last ditch effort to Win Now in this season or next.

The Spurs are better now and in the future with Murray, White, Walker than with Russ. Hopefully the front office isn’t mentally unhinged

It's White, Walker, Murray. You can argue for White, Murray, Walker but regardless White is always first.

When naming the Big 3 Timmy was never named second, right?

monty4329
07-09-2019, 07:54 AM
The best thing RW can do is going to Miami. Riley will make him play real basketball or kick his ass (he is still a super player, if he wants to be).

monty4329
07-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Even if his contract was half of what it is I would not want him. It's a shame because he's ridiculously talented. Back at UCLA he was a fucking lockdown defender and a hell of a weapon playing the two, but at PG with the ball in his hands every possession and with him not caring about defense since coming in the league do not want even at half price.

The guy needs to be in a real team, which OKC never was. I am curious to see him in Miami, Spo + Riley can bring the best out of him. The talent is off the charts. The will? we'll see.

3&D_TBH
07-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Really really hard to believe Nick Wright gets paid to talk basketball. He says dumb things all the time, but damn....

jermaine
07-09-2019, 08:28 AM
I might do rasho but that’s my top offer.

Hell no... Not Rasho... Rasho was pretty good. Best offer is Kevin Willis, Jackie Butler, Melvin Ely an maybe, just maybe unseen tapes of Manu in practice! Best an final offer..

GreekSpursfan
07-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Dumb suggestion by Right but people here have declared Lonnie as untouchable even though we have seen jack shit from him in an actual NBA game. After last nights game his value is the highest possible up to this point. If a team proposed me something interesting(not about Westbrook) i would listen.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Dumb suggestion by Right but people here have declared Lonnie as untouchable even though we have seen jack shit from him in an actual NBA game. After last nights game his value is the highest possible up to this point. If a team proposed me something interesting(not about Westbrook) i would listen.

You make a solid point as to he’s trade value is pretty high right now.. however I still say he’s untouchable.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Hell no... Not Rasho... Rasho was pretty good. Best offer is Kevin Willis, Jackie Butler, Melvin Ely an maybe, just maybe unseen tapes of Manu in practice! Best an final offer..
Russ for Quincy Pondexter straight up.. that’s legit

Harry Callahan
07-09-2019, 08:39 AM
The commentators have no clue about San Antonio and their players. Its a joke. The NBA color man last night did not even know where players went to school (Walker). I think the NBA TV color guy was half drunk TBH.

I think the Spurs already have a much less polished/developed version of Russ in Lonnie Walker and he costs a lot let money and is ten years younger. Hard pass.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 08:41 AM
The commentators have no clue about San Antonio and their players. Its a joke. The NBA color man last night did not even know where players went to school (Walker). I think the NBA TV color guy was half drunk TBH.

I think the Spurs already have a much less polished/developed version of Russ in Lonnie Walker and he costs a lot let money and is ten years younger. Hard pass.

You caught that to I was like no idiot he went to Miami

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 08:42 AM
They also said Ben Moore went to the wrong school .

GreekSpursfan
07-09-2019, 08:43 AM
You make a solid point as to he’s trade value is pretty high right now.. however I still say he’s untouchable.

If you are a competent GM nothing and no one is untouchable outside of mvp caliber players in their prime unless they have an uncle.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 08:45 AM
I’d trade giannis for him and a couple first

Poolboy5623
07-09-2019, 09:45 AM
"White, Murray, and Walker are untouchable" ... read this way too many times in this thread lol

RD2191
07-09-2019, 10:00 AM
"White, Murray, and Walker are untouchable" ... read this way too many times in this thread lol

Starting to sound like delusional Lakers fans tbh. 2 of those guys have proven jack shit in the NBA. And iirc White choked when it mattered against Denver.

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't consider anyone "untouchable," but Russ isn't the guy to lose young talent over... he's beginning his decline, he's got a bloated contract, and he doesn't improve the players around him.

EricB
07-09-2019, 10:19 AM

Lets not get crazy here

cd98
07-09-2019, 10:27 AM
That's silly talk. Spurs aren't trading for Westbrook. If I were OKC, I'd keep him and just do the best to win with him until his contract expires. But if they do trade him, it's probably a salary dump. It really speaks to the supermax and how it is mostly going to kill teams unless you sign a player young enough that the contract doesn't kill you when the player is in his 30s. And it ties your ability to improve your team. The owners are going to need to fix that rule if they want it to become an incentive for players to stay. Heck, Kawhi walked away from the supermax, so maybe money isn't the answer.

Gagnrath
07-09-2019, 10:31 AM
It's White, Walker, Murray. You can argue for White, Murray, Walker but regardless White is always first.

When naming the Big 3 Timmy was never named second, right?

Sometimes people listed them by first name in alphabetical order and said Manu, Timmy, and Tony but it was fairly rare and just to make it aesthetically look better not an indication of talent or importance.

Gagnrath
07-09-2019, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't consider anyone "untouchable," but Russ isn't the guy to lose young talent over... he's beginning his decline, he's got a bloated contract, and he doesn't improve the players around him.

Westbrook is untouchable unless you are an idiot. He has played with THREE 3 other MVP canidate talents and shown a tendency to freeze all of them off the ball to the detriment of winning. He has a contract that ties up salary cap wise and has shown signs of declining. He has also shown signs of attitude issues, and loafs at times on D. It only makes sense to take him if your team owns its own draft picks till his supermax is done and you want to sell casuals on regular season games. Then you hype getting MVP talent hard for two year while surrounding him with g-league talent and a couple of microwave guys. Win 42 games hope you get lucky in the lottery. After 2 years sit him for semi-extended games with bumps and bruises year 3. Go for a top 3 pick. Year 4 last year of his super max let him try and lead your neophytes get a low playoff seed get gob smacked. Let him know you are using his bird rights for basically MLE + 1 mill per year on a 2 year. Get a couple of good free agents to round your young core out. After he realizes there is no real market for a slightly better Rajon Rhondo. Inform him "hey Russ guess what you're the second team point guard and lead there... Play as a team player and you might get a closing curtain of your career ring."

Anything else is team suicide to treadmill and piss off any other high calibre players you might have.

Dhbsr555
07-09-2019, 10:56 AM
What you think we would have to pay Murray and white to keep them

Dex
07-09-2019, 11:01 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/13B1WmJg7HwjGU/giphy.gif

Mugen
07-09-2019, 11:04 AM
I don't really know who Nick Wright is. I know who Cris Carter is.

But I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that both of those guys are huge faggots that have no business talking about the Spurs.

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:05 AM

It's White and Murray. Better player always comes first. Would you say Manu and Tim OR Tim and Manu?

Anyways, White deserves the max already. Not sure about the other guy yet. Depends on if he's actually improved or if it's all instagram hype.

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Westbrook is untouchable unless you are an idiot. He has played with THREE 3 other MVP canidate talents and shown a tendency to freeze all of them off the ball to the detriment of winning. He has a contract that ties up salary cap wise and has shown signs of declining. He has also shown signs of attitude issues, and loafs at times on D. It only makes sense to take him if your team owns its own draft picks till his supermax is done and you want to sell casuals on regular season games. Then you hype getting MVP talent hard for two year while surrounding him with g-league talent and a couple of microwave guys. Win 42 games hope you get lucky in the lottery. After 2 years sit him for semi-extended games with bumps and bruises year 3. Go for a top 3 pick. Year 4 last year of his super max let him try and lead your neophytes get a low playoff seed get gob smacked. Let him know you are using his bird rights for basically MLE + 1 mill per year on a 2 year. Get a couple of good free agents to round your young core out. After he realizes there is no real market for a slightly better Rajon Rhondo. Inform him "hey Russ guess what you're the second team point guard and lead there... Play as a team player and you might get a closing curtain of your career ring."

Anything else is team suicide to treadmill and piss off any other high calibre players you might have.

:lol "Untouchable" was referring to players on the Spurs, not to Westbrook. Cool rant, though.

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:06 AM
It's White and Murray. Better player always comes first. Would you say Manu and Tim OR Tim and Manu?

Holy shit, you love to argue.

Gagnrath
07-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Well a lot depends on their play this year but White slightly front loaded unless there is another big jump in play should be available for 3 for 40 and 4 for 47 fourth year player option. Structure its something like 13.7, 13.5, 12.8. The four year one knock a mill off the first three years of each of the above and offer that last year at around 10. My bet is that he would take the 3 and bet on himself. Don't really see another team offering way more. Murray all depends on what he shows us this year injury and development make his market value anywhere.

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Holy shit, you love to argue.

Show White the respect he deserves. I've never seen a guy get disrespected by his own fanbase so much.

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Show White the respect he deserves. I've never seen a guy get disrespected by his own fanbase so much.

I love D White, but holy shit you love to argue.

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:15 AM
I love D White, but holy shit you love to argue.

Do you love him more than Instagram Baller?

Gagnrath
07-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Anyways, White deserves the max already. Not sure about the other guy yet. Depends on if he's actually improved or if it's all instagram hype.

White deserves max money like George Hill deserved an 18 million dollar contract this year. White has shown he is a quality starter and a good teammate. He keeps up his level of production and play for a second year now that the rest of the league knows about him, You sign him to quality starter combo guard money. Mid teens. He looses a bit of production with slightly better teammates around him and the league read for him you get him in the 13-14 mill range. He takes another step up and makes an all defensive team, all nba/all star team then then you talk all star canidate money. Throwing max contracts at every player who has a good year is how you become the knicks or bobcats.

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Do you love him more than Instagram Baller?

That's a dumb nickname, and kinda shows what a hypocrite you are. You demand respect while being blatantly disrespectful.

poopbox
07-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Westbrooks 47 million player option is going to Hiroshima some team to death and the mushroom cloud will affect their franchise for years to come...stay far away

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:27 AM
That's a dumb nickname, and kinda shows what a hypocrite you are. You demand respect while being blatantly disrespectful.

White or IB? Who's better?

Degoat
07-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Here me out.... lol this may not even work salary wise, I’m just messing around but as much as Westbrook is a negative player he’s still a superstar and would probably be are best player

portland receives LA, belinelli

okc receives 2 first rounders from the spurs and 1 from Portland, dejounte, Hassan whiteside (salary dump)

spurs receive Westbrook

Seventyniner
07-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Would you say Manu and Tim OR Tim and Manu?

I would say Tony and Manu.

JuegaBonito
07-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Here me out.... lol this may not even work salary wise, I’m just messing around but as much as Westbrook is a negative player he’s still a superstar and would probably be are best player

okc receives 2 first rounders from the spurs and 1 from Portland, dejounte, Hassan whiteside (salary dump)

spurs receive Westbrook

Lol Murray LaMarcus and a first rounder out for Russ. Wow this dude is on stronger drugs than Nick Wright . Ban him please

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:35 AM
White or IB? Who's better?

:lol Murray is 22 and has 77 instagram posts. I'd guess every single person in their 20s that works for me has far more posts, and it's probably not even close. You're obsessed with this ridiculous either/or argument, trying to pit teammates against one another. It's childish. You insult Murray constantly, then lament that people aren't respectful. It's kinda like wanting Bernie to be president but then calling people you disagree with "faggots." You're culturally schizophrenic. But have fun.. what do I care? (https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml)

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:38 AM
:lol Murray is 22 and has 77 instagram posts. I'd guess every single person in their 20s that works for me has far more posts, and it's probably not even close. You're obsessed with this ridiculous either/or argument, trying to pit teammates against one another. It's childish. You insult Murray constantly, then lament that people aren't respectful. It's kinda like wanting Bernie to be president but then calling people you disagree with "faggots." You're culturally schizophrenic. But have fun.. what do I care?

White >>> IB

Show White the respect he deserves.

I would say Tony and Manu.

No.

Degoat
07-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Lol Murray LaMarcus and a first rounder out for Russ. Wow this dude is on stronger drugs than Nick Wright . Ban him please

I wouldnt be stoked about it but people are acting like Westbrook isn’t an MVP caliber player, sure he can be bone headed but tell me what has Aldridge or dejounte done for us lately??

R. DeMurre
07-09-2019, 11:40 AM
White >>> IB

Show White the respect he deserves.

james evans
07-09-2019, 11:48 AM
I like Nick Wright, but even stupid ass Crhis Carter put him in his place. Like Chros said, Russ would drive Pop to an early grace with those Stupid ass shots. Then why in the fuck would we trade Derozan, White, an Lonnie for that loser!?! I wouldn't trade Mills, Marco, and Metu for Russ.
you're out of your goddamn mind hahaha. I would just give Mills and Marco away for nothing

FkLA
07-09-2019, 11:51 AM
I don't care about ST names. White gets made fun of for his forehead and hair all the time and I couldn't care less. He's a beast on the court and he's better than IB. That's the respect that matters.

Harry Callahan
07-09-2019, 12:12 PM

spurs receive Westbrook

Nope. OKC would need to SEND me #1s to take on that huge salary cap number. OKC does not need to be let off the hook on that contract.

wildbill2u
07-09-2019, 12:13 PM
We lose three potential 20+ ppg players including our best defensive stopper for a stat hog who can give us 30 ppg and a lot of publicity. I don't think that is a fair trade.

Spurs4#5
07-09-2019, 12:18 PM
I don't care about ST names. White gets made fun of for his forehead and hair all the time and I couldn't care less. He's a beast on the court and he's better than IB. That's the respect that matters.

I’d agree that white is better than Murray right now. But white is supposed to be better, he’s three years older. If you look at there stats they’re pretty comparable. White is a better shooter and is more composed but I think in the long run Murray has A higher ceiling than white does

DAF86
07-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Well that would be an instant way of fucking up the best offseason they have had in years.

DAF86
07-09-2019, 12:23 PM
We lose three potential 20+ ppg players including our best defensive stopper for a stat hog who can give us 30 ppg and a lot of publicity. I don't think that is a fair trade.

Westbrook can't score 30 ppg anymore. No matter how much he shoots.

jermaine
07-09-2019, 12:24 PM
you're out of your goddamn mind hahaha. I would just give Mills and Marco away for nothing

Call me dumb but I love Mills leadership. But I didnt say that cuz I love them so much. I said that cuz how trash an selfish I feel Russ is. He'd kill any kinda team chemistry we'd have.

weebo
07-09-2019, 12:27 PM

Well at some point you’re going to have to build a core of players if you want to have any kind of success...if not...might as well call ourselves the Sacramento Spurs