PDA

View Full Version : Masai Ujiri fires shots towards Spurstalk public enemy #1 Uncle Dennis

apalisoc_9
07-10-2019, 01:25 AM
:lmao

You can tell masai is mad as hell at uncle dennis :lmao

https://twitter.com/YahooCASports/status/1148784494465433600

DAF86
07-10-2019, 01:40 AM
Uncle Dennis is a greedy, lying person and Kawhi his personal puppet. These are the things we know.

John B
07-10-2019, 01:53 AM
There’s really nothing to be upset about. He got more than he bargained for, a championship. Now he goes back to his original plan with developing youth imo

apalisoc_9
07-10-2019, 01:57 AM
There’s really nothing to be upset about. He got more than he bargained for, a championship. Now he goes back to his original plan with developing youth imo

Sure but its pretty clear masai sees Dennis and his entourage as untrustworthy individuals. All reports point to that.

spurs10
07-10-2019, 02:33 AM
Good cop, bad cop. Masai should know Kawhi was just as 'to blame' for any deceit.

Kawhitstorm
07-10-2019, 03:30 AM
Good cop, bad cop. Masai should know Kawhi was just as 'to blame' for any deceit.

The "deceit" that he wanted to play in his hometown as a free-agent?:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-10-2019, 03:35 AM

It's not like Kawhi had a deal that he will re-sign when he was traded to the Raptors & reneged like Kyrie. He served his one year commitment & had no obligations to the Raptors one the season ended.

Were folks calling out Masai when he traded a loyal servant after he told him otherwise & ACTUALLY had a contract? But I guess a "business decision" is only acceptable when it's in the interest of the team that OWNED the player.:lol

monty4329
07-10-2019, 03:39 AM
Let's face it: Uncle outplayed everybody.

Like it or not (and I don't like it a bit), the guy is a genius. A three year plan which included a ring (maybe two), a year's rest, choosing the city and the team and the star to pair with. I mean, this is masterful.

And BTW he showed why being quiet and not talking to the press (or to people leaking to the press) works out better. Again, I don't like it, but we must give it to the Uncle.

venitian navigator
07-10-2019, 04:43 AM

Like it or not (and I don't like it a bit), the guy is a genius. A three year plan which included a ring (maybe two), a year's rest, choosing the city and the team and the star to pair with. I mean, this is masterful.

And BTW he showed why being quiet and not talking to the press (or to people leaking to the press) works out better. Again, I don't like it, but we must give it to the Uncle.

Sorry man, but its too easy to be considered a genius for the fact that you don't play by rules and fairness...its like a poker's player cheating. He can be considered smart in a vicious sense if he gets away with it, but not a genius...just because he cheated the other people. The point is that once the poker player is discovered cheating, he risks to be shoot in the head...in that sense there were means to discover the truth in Leonard's case, and probably they were adopted (I mean his supposed injury has been more than probably been eveluated by a nba doctor)...but is a fact and also a problem that the consequences provided from the nba rules also in case you are discovered chating in the sense if exagerating an injury or claim the existence of a non existent injury, are nothing to be scared about.
That's a big problem...
But that is also, imho (I'm not an american or nba lawyer), breach of contract and a fraud...and a very big one, considering you're collecting millions of dollars.
In any kind of logical system a behavior like this should, at least, take you off the system you so diligently disrespected...and banned from the game for life.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 04:48 AM
Sorry man, but its too easy to be considered a genius for the fact that you don't play by rules and fairness...its like a poker's player cheating. He can be considered smart in a vicious sense if he gets away with it, but not a genius...just because he cheated the other people. The point is that once the poker player is discovered cheating, he risks to be shoot in the head...in that sense there were means to discover the truth in Leonard's case, and probably they were adopted (I mean his supposed injury has been more than probably been eveluated by a nba doctor)...but is a fact and also a problem that the consequences provided from the nba rules also in case you are discovered chating in the sense if exagerating an injury or claim the existence of a non existent injury, are nothing to be scared about.
That's a big problem...
But that is also, imho (I'm not an american or nba lawyer), breach of contract and a fraud...and a very big one, considering you're collecting millions of dollars.
In any kind of logical system a behavior like this should, at least, take you off the system you so diligently disrespected...and banned from the game for life.

This only if you believe the injury was a fake.
Everything else was totally by the book. I don't like it but no rule prevents players from tampering. Rememebr LBJ-Miami.

The injury wasn't a fake, we have to admit it. Danny Green and the Pau foot misdiagnosis made me realize it.

azarel
07-10-2019, 04:55 AM
Everything else was totally by the book. I don't like it but no rule prevents players from tampering. Rememebr LBJ-Miami.

The injury wasn't a fake, we have to admit it. Danny Green and the Pau foot misdiagnosis made me realize it.

was danny green's injury a misdiagnosis? i thought he didn't report it and just kept playing till it got worse. he never had it checked out. as for pau... his body is breaking down.. not sure what else the medical team could do.

tbdog
07-10-2019, 05:00 AM
Uncle could have got Leonard a super max. And then further lost an extra year on the contract. I wouldn't call it masterful. And consider I'm unsure if any player would use his agency. And pretty sure teams will not want to deal with him.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 05:05 AM
was danny green's injury a misdiagnosis? i thought he didn't report it and just kept playing till it got worse. he never had it checked out. as for pau... his body is breaking down.. not sure what else the medical team could do.

Actually, the medical staff cleared Pau for practice but he had a broken foot, he had to pull off court after 5 minutes. Danny as I recall said he had to play injured. Which is OK anyway, they are paid to play as long as they can do it, not to play only when 100% healthy. My point was that Kawhi injury wasn't fake.

Spurtacular
07-10-2019, 05:07 AM
#2 not even willing to defend his title.

azarel
07-10-2019, 05:17 AM
Actually, the medical staff cleared Pau for practice but he had a broken foot, he had to pull off court after 5 minutes. Danny as I recall said he had to play injured. Which is OK anyway, they are paid to play as long as they can do it, not to play only when 100% healthy. My point was that Kawhi injury wasn't fake.

thanks for that clarification. but i thought its not whether kawhi was actually injured or not but spurs docs got it spot on that its a degenerative condition which he had to deal with it for the rest of his career. and the fact is clear that he can play through the 'pain' as he did last year in the playoffs. but he chose to sit out the rest of the season during his last season with us and hide away from the team etc...

venitian navigator
07-10-2019, 05:18 AM

You are missing then point. Only God knows if there was an injurt and what kind of injury...but we are humans, doctors included. That said, we as organizaion are not only extremely cautious with the health of our players (looks like a lot of other organizations are not) but we are also fair with players and their agents to the point of being naive...because non one in his right state of mind would delegate complete control of the health status of his main player to somebody outside of the organization...that tells the amount of trust and confidence we have with our players and their agents. In this case all his group behavior was in the sense to cheat...I mdon't know what kind of evidence you want more than this (all his subsequent behavior is in line with this...he just did not want to 'play anymore for us and he wanted to go to LA).
Back to the point.
If Spurs doctors, nba doctors and some other doctors (reportedly 7 before he found one of his convenience) say you are cleared too play, you have to play...you can always sign a big insurance in case you don't trust all of them...but you have to play and play by your strenghts...and remember that 90% of nba players play with some injury...simply because that's part of the game.
If you don't...well that should have to be sanctioned and sanctioned heavily...because if you're not scared of the system you are going to fuck the system any time you desire...and that's not acceptable.
The facts

monty4329
07-10-2019, 05:22 AM
You are missing then point. Only God knows if there was an injurt and what kind of injury...but we are humans, doctors included. That said, we as organizaion are not only extremely cautious with the health of our players (looks like a lot of other organizations are not) but we are also fair with players and their agents to the point of being naive...because non one in his right state of mind would delegate complete control of the health status of his main player to somebody outside of the organization...that tells the amount of trust and confidence we have with our players and their agents. In this case all his group behavior was in the sense to cheat...I mdon't know what kind of evidence you want more than this (all his subsequent behavior is in line with this...he just did not want to 'play anymore for us and he wanted to go to LA).
Back to the point.
If Spurs doctors, nba doctors and some other doctors (reportedly 7 before he found one of his convenience) say you are cleared too play, you have to play...you can always sign a big insurance in case you don't trust all of them...but you have to play and play by your strenghts...and remember that 90% of nba players play with some injury...simply because that's part of the game.
If you don't...well that should have to be sanctioned and sanctioned heavily...because if you're not scared of the system you are going to fuck the system any time you desire...and that's not acceptable.
The facts

You are basically saying PATFO didn't have the balls to sue Kawhi for breach of contract, and Uncle took advantage of it. Might be like that, sure

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-10-2019, 05:25 AM

And losing $80 mil along the way. Not like they’ll get even close to making up for it with the shit New Balance deal.It was a power trip, sure but an expensive one for the posse, make no mistake.

venitian navigator
07-10-2019, 05:34 AM
All the facts we both know are in the sense that they preferred not to go the hard way...in fact they did get at least something in a trade.
Better this or a lawsuit? this probably...with these kind of rules and sanctions.
But the point remains...these rules and sanctions are made in the fairness perspective...not in the chating perspective.
No adequate sanction means big risk of cheating.
Big sanction (from years of suspensions without pay till being banned for life...depending, for example, by how many millions you received) means big risk for the dishonest.
I can tell you that no agent is gonna risk his player entire career and money just for some more money or just appease his player will...

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2019, 05:39 AM
And losing $80 mil along the way. Not like they’ll get even close to making up for it with the shit New Balance deal.It was a power trip, sure but an expensive one for the posse, make no mistake.

:tu

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Leonard's sister had an instagram post lashing out at Toronto fans being upset at her autist brother for leaving. Her lashing out included the opinion that the Spurs "Screwed" her precious brother over by sending him him anywhere but LA and Toronto should be happy about the one year rental - I guess the sense of entitlement trickles down to family member leeches as well. If the Spurs truly wanted to screw the Neph, they would have kept him and leaked to the media that they don't know about his long term future. Or he would have been sent to a horrible eastern conference team.

Now Toronto's GM is saying that ONLY KL was being straight forward with him in the FA period. The chickens are now coming home to roost. The Spurs have been putting up with the "group" around their former star player for years and years. The Clips just made a deal with the devil.

John B
07-10-2019, 05:51 AM

I wouldn’t really call losing 80mil a genius. And he got really lucky with Dubs injury. Uncle Dennis probably think he’s a genius, until shit hits the pan. And it will with the amount of enemies they have created. I doubt any old Canadian would wear NB now

monty4329
07-10-2019, 05:54 AM

You make that money up quite quickly in LA. Plus the Ballmer proximity opens up investment doors otherwise tightly sealed.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 05:59 AM

Leonard will be chasing that $80MM the rest of his career. You don't make up that money easily. If he stayed in San Antonio, been a pro, and worked with the Spurs they would have paid him the SuperMax. They decided to Ghost the organization and destroy the relationship with the antics. Add to that the tax burden of California will eat up a lot of his gross salary - I'm not a tax accountant but he loses on that front. Just playing in California full time will easily burn off an additional $8MM to $10MM in salary. Maybe more. If the Chronic tendon issue gets even worse to the point of a rupture, the career is shortened considerably. That's also why a two year deal (to get to a 10 year SuperMax) was not considered. The group does not really know what's left in the tank for the Nephew.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 06:00 AM
You make that money up quite quickly in LA. Plus the Ballmer proximity opens up investment doors otherwise tightly sealed.

I bet Blake Griffin thought that too.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 06:05 AM
I bet Blake Griffin thought that too.

Do you know anything about Griffin's investments portfolio, present and future? You can safely bet Ballmer put him in several lucrative ventures.

dbestpro
07-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Anyone who owns a business and has spent significant time in teaching and developing their employees only to watch them go to their competitor will never be able to support KL position. It is just too hard to find and develop good employees.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 06:11 AM

The injury was definitely fake.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Do you know anything about Griffin's investments portfolio, present and future? You can safely bet Ballmer put him in several lucrative ventures.

No. Do you? I bet Blake doesn't have the direct line to Ballmer office anymore as well. Blake got tossed out like yesterday's trash to Detroit. That ship has sailed - the "Vault" of knowledge from Ballmer is closed for Griffin now.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 06:36 AM

Has anyone ever actually found out the SPECIFIC injury suffered outside of a sprained ankle #2 has suffered in the last 2 seasons? Anyone? Crickets.....no one will say. There was no injury the past 2 years. There is a chronic, painful, degenerative issue with the knee tendons and attached quads. The injury will come later (hopefully not much later). The discomfort and pain from the condition will never go away.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-10-2019, 07:03 AM
Has anyone ever actually found out the SPECIFIC injury suffered outside of a sprained ankle #2 has suffered in the last 2 seasons? Anyone? Crickets.....no one will say. There was no injury the past 2 years. There is a chronic, painful, degenerative issue with the knee tendons and attached quads. The injury will come later (hopefully not much later). The discomfort and pain from the condition will never go away.

Based on Kawhi needing "load management" after sitting out basically an entire season, never having surgery, and experiencing quad/leg pain/issues in playoffs it appears the Spurs medical staff was spot on in their assessment.

Totally understand why the Spurs felt the way they did, zero doubt Kawhi could have played if he wanted to, he simply didn't want to. He 100% quit on his team because he wanted to go play in LA.

Gianna
07-10-2019, 07:03 AM
He could be talking about OKC.

Gianna
07-10-2019, 07:08 AM
I have a question about Kawhi’s injury I’m not sure anyone can answer but was it caused or related to what Zaza did to him?

acoelho1
07-10-2019, 07:12 AM
He's definitely talking about Kawhi's group if you listen to the entire clip. He's basically implying that the decision was already made to go to L.A. and the process wasn't genuine by the uncle. Again, nothing really surprising after what they pulled on the Spurs. Hopefully this brings some finality to those on the forum that keep harping on this subject. I'm looking forward to head-to-head match ups against the Clippers in the playoffs. I think we are a better team but we'll see.

Shakril
07-10-2019, 07:12 AM
The Problem with this issue is not that Kwahi signed with Clippers and they traded for Paul George, but it was already a done deal and OKC and CLIPPS were only negotiating the terms.
But they did not tell the Lakers or Raptors and hold both Franchises hostage. Only as it seemed the Clippers had trouble they told the Raptors, but in the end it was always Clippers.
This is negotiating in bad faith, which in my opinion Adam Silver should step in and deny the Trade from Paul George.

Ginobili2Duncan
07-10-2019, 07:17 AM
https://youtu.be/qgykhf682ys

Carter pretty much summed up the Kawhi situation in this video. Might’ve been a Freudian slip.

Gianna
07-10-2019, 07:24 AM
He's definitely talking about Kawhi's group if you listen to the entire clip. He's basically implying that the decision was already made to go to L.A. and the process wasn't genuine by the uncle. Again, nothing really surprising after what they pulled on the Spurs. Hopefully this brings some finality to those on the forum that keep harping on this subject. I'm looking forward to head-to-head match ups against the Clippers in the playoffs. I think we are a better team but we'll see.

I watched it and I didn’t get all of that even if it was a shot at Dennis. I only brought up OKC because TOR media dropped an article saying Masai thought they were operating in bad faith.

YGWHI
07-10-2019, 07:32 AM
I'm not a tax accountant but he loses on that front. Just playing in California full time will easily burn off an additional $8MM to $10MM in salary. Maybe more.

His camp didn't have other option about this issue. Canadian taxes are even worse

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seanpackard/2019/07/02/11-4-million-reasons-kawhi-leonard-will-not-sign-with-toronto/#1ecd11be1d8d

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 07:33 AM

Do not accuse the Spurs doctors of medical malpractice.

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 07:37 AM
I have a question about Kawhi’s injury I’m not sure anyone can answer but was it caused or related to what Zaza did to him?

No, it was not related. The Zaza incident exacerbated a sprained ankle Leonard already had.

Gianna
07-10-2019, 07:40 AM
No, it was not related. The Zaza incident exacerbated a sprained ankle Leonard already had.

Thank you.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 07:41 AM
Do not accuse the Spurs doctors of medical malpractice.

I'm not. The injury nephew made up.

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 07:41 AM
You can tell masai is mad as hell at uncle dennis

No, in fact, you cannot tell any such thing from that clip.

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 07:42 AM
I'm not. The injury nephew made up.

Stop accusing the Spurs doctors of malpractice. You should not be doing that.

YGWHI
07-10-2019, 07:47 AM
No. Paul George's agent outplayed everybody. He signed with OKC and then asked for a trade.

The only way I would give Dennis credit if he would have signed the supermax with the Spurs and then ask for a trade the next year. Or signed with Raptors and ask for a trade in 2020-21.

Just get the deal then...ask for the trade. Uncle Dennis did everything wrong and cost the player $80M

weebo
07-10-2019, 08:05 AM

Loss what...80 mil in the process...ya a real genius

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Has anyone ever actually found out the SPECIFIC injury suffered outside of a sprained ankle #2 has suffered in the last 2 seasons? ...

Quadriceps tendinopathy, apparently with its ultimate origin in a deep thigh bruise suffered on 3/23/2016 against the Miami Heat, which caused Leonard to miss the next three games. So they say.

Of course the medical details have not been publicly released, nor should they be, since it is private medical information. If Leonard's private medical information could be released to the public then so could yours.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Loss what...80 mil in the process...ya a real genius

You really know shit about pro sport business, and business in general, quite obviously.

Dverde
07-10-2019, 08:42 AM
He was probably getting positive feedback from Nephew during the season. During the meeting, he probably kept his head down as Uncle Dennis made some ridiculous demands.

RC_Drunkford
07-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Spurs say it's tendinopathy which is chronic. The Sixers doctor who also misdiagnosed Markelle Fultz says it's atrophy which requires a lot of rest. That was basically Kawhi's camp excuse

JeffDuncan
07-10-2019, 08:47 AM

If Uncle Dennis were any kind of genius he would have done better on his own. His Impact Sports, or whatever its called, is no work of genius.

None of what you mention was achieved by Uncle Dennis. Kawhi, himself, recruited Paul George. Kawhi, himself, decided to sign with the Clippers.

weebo
07-10-2019, 08:51 AM
You really know shit about pro sport business, and business in general, quite obviously.

And you do? :lol...you must Dennis

DAF86
07-10-2019, 09:04 AM

lol at the idea of this inexperienced dumbass being any kind of genius. :lol

Dude cost his nephew millions over millions of dollars, still can't get him any really good deals off court and transformed him into one of, if not THE, most hated player in the league.

The only reason anyone can say this wasn't a total shitshow by Uncle is because Kawhi is the best fucking player in the World and PATFO were dumb enough to trade him to a stacked team.

GreekSpursfan
07-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Water is wet.

dbreiden83080
07-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Leonard is damn near 30 years old. It’s all on him. This uncle Dennis thing is fine for comedic value but at the end of the day obviously it is Leonard. The guy is a snake in the grass. Now they got a taste of it as well. At least they got a championship. Good for them. Now back to the lottery.

B1gduff
07-10-2019, 10:07 AM
The Slipper's can deal with that problem now, we didn't want it and neither did Masai.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 10:36 AM
And you do? :lol...you must Dennis

clearly so much more than you....But feel free to relax and enjoy ignorance, will not do good to your wallet though.

OldMan88
07-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Nephew & Uncle will basically be responsible for ending guaranteed contracts in the NBA. No play, no pay... regardless of reason. Demand a trade, sit out a year and team gets salary waiver to sign other player or pay team back.

FrankC
07-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Leonard's sister had an instagram post lashing out at Toronto fans being upset at her autist brother for leaving. Her lashing out included the opinion that the Spurs "Screwed" her precious brother over by sending him him anywhere but LA and Toronto should be happy about the one year rental
I believe you, but any chance you got a link? Please? Need to send it to someone else...

el contusione
07-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Hi don't blame Kawhi or his uncle for what they did this summer. He was a free agent and is entitled to sign with any team he wants. I don't think he broke any rules there. My real issue is the way he cheated the Spurs. They lied about Kawhi's injury. They cheated the contract obligations they had with the spurs. Spurs cooperated with all of Kawhi's request. Spurs agreed when Kawhi wanted his own specialist/doctor. Spurs are paying the guy and their team doctors wanted to see how kawhi is doing but what did he do, he hid from the team and didn't show face. The spurs players wanted to know how he was doing but his sensitive ass took offense to it. He got paid over 20M for lying and cheating. He lied and cheated the Spurs and thats my biggest issue with him. Kawhi will get Karma I believe. I just feel bad for the Clippers that Kawhi's karma will hit them as well.

GreekSpursfan
07-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Leonard is damn near 30 years old. It’s all on him. This uncle Dennis thing is fine for comedic value but at the end of the day obviously it is Leonard. The guy is a snake in the grass. Now they got a taste of it as well. At least they got a championship. Good for them. Now back to the lottery.

He's 30 with a 15 year old brain, you don't need to be a fuckin Sherlock Holmes to figure that out. He's a puppet and uncle runs the show. Uncle does everything behind the scenes

coachmac87
07-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Masai took the risk and it paid off...what’s unfortunate is the best case scenario happened and he still lost Kawhi..

All that did was just show Kawhi and his camps true colors. They wanted LA no matter what...Spurs could’ve offered the super max...he signed...they ring.. he 100% demands a trade.

The “injury” was just a way to weasel out of a top flight organization without really looking like a bitch he really is. Being homesick isn’t a justifiable reason to get out of a contract with your employer.

The SA organization knew this...now maybe the Raptors do as well.

weebo
07-10-2019, 11:16 AM
clearly so much more than you....But feel free to relax and enjoy ignorance, will not do good to your wallet though.

Believe me son...totally relaxed here...and my wallet is doing just fine :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Guys like Uncle Dennis and Rich Paul are changing the rules of the game. I think, historically, there was almost a gentleman's approach taken when it came to most negotiations between teams and players' agents/representatives, and certainly when it came to honoring commitments, you saw most players follow through. We definitely had exceptions over the years, but not nearly what happens now. As far back as the Lew Alcindor days we saw guys demanding trades while still under contract, but in the case of Kareem, he earned a negative reputation from that event, that, compounded with his personality and attitude at times, haunted him his whole career, in spite of his success. Now, guys like Rich Paul and Uncle Dennis are playing with a ruthlessness that is going to ultimately leave teams powerless when it comes to any sort of long-term planning, or an even playing field for teams in the league as more and more agents and players follow suit. And it appears, because it causes social media to blow up when the drama unfolds, Adam Silver and the NBA see these antics as a ratings booster and so they'll sit back and watch, smile, and do nothing about it.

IMO, something will need to change, because even though it's kind of exciting for fans to watch all the drama unfold from the sidelines, I think there's going to be long-term consequences for franchises in this league. Small market teams will suffer. Fans won't know who to root for. Fan loyalty will dwindle. And, ultimately, I think our short attention-span public will get bored with the NBA, and it's ever-growing core of prima donnas, and move on to something else. Teams like San Antonio don't stand a chance in an environment like this one, long-term, because every time we groom a talent they'll leave for a bigger market. Small market teams will be the bottom feeders, and we'll be back to the days that we're watching the same 2 or 3 elite franchises pile up championships while everyone else is out in the cold.

I hope guys like Murray prove me wrong. I hope he develops into a super star and stays here. Not because we pay him a super-max contract, but because he wants to build something great in San Antonio.

R. DeMurre
07-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Meh... if Durant and Klay stay healthy, the Warriors probably win the series and nobody's talking about the Uncle being a "genius."

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Quadriceps tendinopathy, apparently with its ultimate origin in a deep thigh bruise suffered on 3/23/2016 against the Miami Heat, which caused Leonard to miss the next three games. So they say.

Of course the medical details have not been publicly released, nor should they be, since it is private medical information. If Leonard's private medical information could be released to the public then so could yours.

There has to be some level of detail in 2017-2018 when an entire season is essentially missed. The Spurs stated Tendiopathy at the time the transition happened to the "Groups" medical team in the summer of 2017. There was nothing else, the ankle healed and this was a condition - not an injury. 73 games were missed for a condition that is not serious enough to miss an entire season. There was no transparency on the situation, but a thigh bruise from 2016 ain't cuttin it 18 months later. Neph has had an issue with patella tendonitis his ENTIRE pro career BTW.

When a player has no obvious injury (requiring surgery) and misses way more games than he should, there is a credibility issue. The "group" was allowed all the room they asked for the entire 2017-2018 season and they abused that while forcing their way out of town. The situation was exploited by the "Group" and the Spurs backed off. Then they got stabbed in the back by the collection of snakes.

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 11:50 AM
I believe you, but any chance you got a link? Please? Need to send it to someone else...

I saw it in one of the KL threads on spurstalk I think. It was a sister and she kind of ran some social media for KL in the past (not well or current BTW).

FvckMavs
07-10-2019, 11:50 AM
More leaks from Raptors writers:
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/raptors-focused-on-future-after-losing-kawhi-1.1335424?fbclid=IwAR3HqrUdi0wKEGQSXIitR5Rhr01rFxu 5JXWpwcFYAzXL0zrl_jLNHNeIj6A

"Robertson has a reputation for being hard to deal with and would have been hands on throughout the process. According to sources, Leonard and his camp – namely Uncle Dennis – asked for a lot from the Raptors in that meeting, things players don’t generally ask for in standard contract negotiations.

In some cases, they were asking for things that Ujiri – one of the most well-compensated executives in the league – wouldn’t have even had at his disposal. Their requests were “unreasonable”, a source said, which made the Raptors wonder whether Leonard was seriously considering them at all."

FvckMavs
07-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Nephew and his uncle are snakes.

ceperez
07-10-2019, 11:52 AM

Outplayed?

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1148986529253068800

coachmac87
07-10-2019, 11:53 AM
There has to be some level of detail in 2017-2018 when an entire season is essentially missed. The Spurs stated Tendiopathy at the time the transition happened to the "Groups" medical team in the summer of 2017. There was nothing else, the ankle healed and this was a condition - not an injury. 73 games were missed for a condition that is not serious enough to miss an entire season. There was no transparency on the situation, but a thigh bruise from 2016 ain't cuttin in for 18 months later. Neph has had an issue with patella tendonitis his ENTIRE pro career BTW.

When a player has no obvious injury (requiring surgery) and misses way more games than he should, there is a credibility issue. The "group" was allowed all the room they asked for the entire 2017-2018 season and they abused that while forcing their way out of town. The situation was exploited by the "Group" and the Spurs backed off. Then they got stabbed in the back by the collection of snakes.

monty4329
07-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Outplayed?

so what? you think he cannot make back those money multiple times? do you have any idea of the business opportunities he'll get in LA with the proximity to Ballmer?

(ask Nowitzki why he never left Cuban)

FkLA
07-10-2019, 12:09 PM
so what? you think he cannot make back those money multiple times? do you have any idea of the business opportunities he'll get in LA with the proximity to Ballmer?

(ask Nowitzki why he never left Cuban)

You're really comparing $118 million guaranteed to possibly making it back and then some? Who knows, maybe he does get a bigger shoe deal being in LA and maybe he does get in on some good investments...but until that happens his bank teller Uncle (which is all he was before he coattailed Neph's greatness) is anything but a genius.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 12:19 PM
More leaks from Raptors writers:
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/raptors-focused-on-future-after-losing-kawhi-1.1335424?fbclid=IwAR3HqrUdi0wKEGQSXIitR5Rhr01rFxu 5JXWpwcFYAzXL0zrl_jLNHNeIj6A

"Robertson has a reputation for being hard to deal with and would have been hands on throughout the process. According to sources, Leonard and his camp – namely Uncle Dennis – asked for a lot from the Raptors in that meeting, things players don’t generally ask for in standard contract negotiations.

In some cases, they were asking for things that Ujiri – one of the most well-compensated executives in the league – wouldn’t have even had at his disposal. Their requests were “unreasonable”, a source said, which made the Raptors wonder whether Leonard was seriously considering them at all."

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FailingContentGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

Dverde
07-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Uncle Dennis was told there would be elephants. That is disappointing.

Seventyniner
07-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Outplayed?

This makes Marcus Morris look downright petty if he reneges over $5M.

dbreiden83080
07-10-2019, 12:36 PM
He's 30 with a 15 year old brain, you don't need to be a fuckin Sherlock Holmes to figure that out. He's a puppet and uncle runs the show. Uncle does everything behind the scenes

You see what he just did in FA lol? Dude is very smart and a snake..

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 12:46 PM
So now KL signed a 2+1 deal with the Clippers. So the group is now lying to Cris Carter who said only a 4-5 year was being discussed. REALLY?

The chickens are coming home to roost now. So a short term deal is in place. The Clips get TWO years of neph for sure. Only two and they stripped the team of all its future draft picks with the PG deal. That is incredibly short sighted. I thought Jerry West was a genius. He'll be dead and gone before the three year deal is up anyway. He's got mental issues just like neph.

dbreiden83080
07-10-2019, 12:52 PM
So now KL signed a 2+1 deal with the Clippers. So the group is now lying to Cris Carter who said only a 4-5 year was being discussed. REALLY?

The chickens are coming home to roost now. So a short term deal is in place. The Clips get TWO years of neph for sure. Only two and they stripped the team of all its future draft picks with the PG deal. That is incredibly short sighted. I thought Jerry West was a genius. He'll be dead and gone before the three year deal is up anyway. He's got mental issues just like neph.

2 years unless number 2 gets mad. Then comes faking injuries and demanding trades..

spurs10
07-10-2019, 12:53 PM
The "deceit" that he wanted to play in his hometown as a free-agent?:lol I'm suggesting if there was something in the communication between them that wasn't 'up front and honest' that the Uncle wasn't alone in any of that. I also seem to remember a week of them not communicating anything to anyone. The problem is a lot of people are off the market while people wait. So being 'up front' would be letting them know. That's the way it goes.

BSfromTX
07-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Dealing with Nephew, any team is going to be risking something somewhere. KL really wanted Lakers imo, but LBJ beat him to the punch. Somehow, uncle Dennis is not concerned about contract money, which seems absolutely foolish if indeed he has had some kind of “hard to diagnose” injury. He’s obviously a great player, but seriously, not worth dealing with uncle and jumping through so many hoops.

KL could have a career ending injury at any time even with load management. He’s left over 100m on the table. How in the world does uncle figure they can make that up plus not suffer a career ending injury. SMH. I can’t figure these people out. Either they are idiots or there is big time stuff we just aren’t aware of.

UZER
07-10-2019, 01:31 PM
This makes Marcus Morris look downright petty if he reneges over $5M.

Or shows no one wants to play for Pop in SA, accept the aging veterans on their last legs.

SequSpur
07-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Pop and RC are fucking idiots. Stop drinking the got damn koolaid.. fo

Keepin' it real
07-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Those bitches Kenwi and George plan to play for Clippers until LeBum retires or moves again (they are betting 2 or 3 years).

Then they will sign with the Lakers.

As spurstalkers say, book it.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 01:48 PM

Here come injuries to George or Leonard. They gave up TONS to get George and their window will slide quickly shut.

GrapplingYautja
07-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Some of you need to change your favorite team, you fucks. Bitch and whine TOO much about our front office.

Always contending, envy of the league. Coaching tree and reach in league is vast. Go root for the flavor of the month teams! Mah Heat, mah Warriors, mah Raptors, mah Clippers!

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Those bitches Kenwi and George plan to play for Clippers until LeBum retires or moves again (they are betting 2 or 3 years).

Then they will sign with the Lakers.

As spurstalkers say, book it.

By then the Lakes will be stewing in Anthony Davis mediocrity with the cupboard bare.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-10-2019, 01:54 PM
most of his strategy was winning the championship so Kawhi would want to stay on - even with that accomplished, the plan was in motion all along where KL wanted to play in LA. That's why we insist there was nothing PATFO could have done. Among other things.

People in denial are people in denial

kobyz
07-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Masai refuse to trade for PG and that's why kawhi left, Masai eye is on Greek Freek 2021 who he's having a conaction with...

Harry Callahan
07-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Masai refuse to trade for PG and that's why kawhi left, Masai eye is on Greek Freek 2021 who he's having a conaction with...

Masai is not going to get players to willingly relocate to Canada when other options are available. Sorry.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-10-2019, 03:36 PM
So, to date, Kawhi has left $118M on the table. Uncle Dennis IS a genius. It takes some effort to purposely throw away that much money in two years.

I sure hope, for Kawhi's sake, his body doesn't break down in two years and he's left with limited options. We see him back here in 3 years on a Rudy Gay type deal.

exstatic
07-10-2019, 03:37 PM
You see what he just did in FA lol? Dude is very smart and a snake..

So, to date, Kawhi has left $118M on the table. Uncle Dennis IS a genius. It takes some effort to purposely throw away that much money in two years.

I sure hope, for Kawhi's sake, his body doesn't break down in two years and he's left with limited options. We see him back here in 3 years on a Rudy Gay type deal.

I doubt that would EVER happen.

Phenomanul
07-10-2019, 04:33 PM
I doubt that would EVER happen.

Pretty much...

Not seeing Kawhi in any of Manu's compiled highlight reel that was shown during his jersey retirement ceremony convinced me that the bridge with the Spurs Organization has been burned.

exstatic
07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Pretty much...

Not seeing Kawhi in any of Manu's compiled highlight reel that was shown during his jersey retirement ceremony convinced me that the bridge with the Spurs Organization has been burned.

It's like the Egyptians 'erasing' one of their Pharaohs. They took down any monuments, and left blank spots in the middle of a wall of hieroglyphics when said Pharaoh was mentioned.

SayTown
07-10-2019, 05:06 PM
The championship honeymoon is over and nobody likes going from eating steak and lobster everyday to eating hotdogs.