PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Morris Alternatives For The Spurs: Trey Lyles, Justin Holiday, Reggie Bullock, Andre Iguodala

timvp
07-10-2019, 06:38 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/trey-lyles-justin-holiday-spurs-sign-marcus-morris-plan-b/

I'm holding out hope that Marcus Morris signs with the Spurs. If he goes to the Knicks, here's a look at what the Spurs could do with their $9.2 million MLE.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Maybe just Iggy. But Singleton is still a free agent and REALLY seems to fit the bill more than any of the guys in this thread.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Uh...

Ummm...

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Maybe just Iggy. But Singleton is still a free agent and REALLY seems to fit the bill more than any of the guys in this thread.

Wait, Chris Singleton? The player Kawhi would have been if the Spurs never traded for him?

SpursDynasty85
07-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Was thinking might as well go for Bullock but I was never a fan but he fits the bill.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Wait, Chris Singleton? The player Kawhi would have been if the Spurs never traded for him?

The 6-8 defensive-minded combo forward who shot 50 percent from three last season in Europe, that Chris Singleton.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 06:47 PM
I was mildly okay with Lyles but didn't realize Rich Paul reps him. Lol, that ain't happening. A 23 year old flatlined/declining player that no one's burning a path to his door.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 06:47 PM
The 6-8 defensive-minded combo forward who shot 50 percent from three last season in Europe, that Chris Singleton.

I didn't realize he finally got decent. Always saw him as alterna-universe Kawhi if the Spurs never made him who he is.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 06:49 PM
I didn't realize he finally got decent. Always saw him as alterna-universe Kawhi if the Spurs never made him who he is.

Pretty sure TJastal or someone like him trolled the board in 2012 saying Singleton was the better player than Kawhi and that the Spurs made a mistake.

FkLA
07-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Iggy seems like a money guy. He never gave GS any discounts, encouraged Turner to take that POR contract and run, has a lot of investments, etc. Doesn't strike me as a guy that would take a discount to ring chase.

Bullock looks intriguing but I'm just basing it on that YT vid since I don't really watch scrub teams. If he's a solid defender and it's just plantar fasciitis I'd take him, tbh.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Could take a chance on Iggy if they think he's got anything left. Bullock is the best out of the rest because of the shooting, though like Chinook suggested it might pay to cast a wider net.

sasaint
07-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Isn’t Bullock more of a 2/3 than a 3/4?

SpursGuy91
07-10-2019, 06:56 PM
What about Anthony Randolph? He's been pretty good in Europe the last few years and is long and mobile with some range on his jumper.

timvp
07-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Isn’t Bullock more of a 2/3 than a 3/4?

Yeah, Bullock and Holiday are both 3/2s.

duncan2150
07-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Better option will be to trade for someone or take a big to fill the roster.

I’m not fond of others except iguo but he is a long shot

NASpurs
07-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Option Z: Keep the MLE and wait for the buyout market

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Isn’t Bullock more of a 2/3 than a 3/4?Yes, but I'm on board because he can be a volume 3pt shooter which helps everything IMO.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 07:05 PM
I dont understand, regardless of Morris, why SA wouldn’t be trying to trade for Iggy? SA definitely has the assets and if he is a good fit, go get him vs waiting?

Mills + Forbes + 1st (maybe it would be 2 firsts for Mills but Forbes makes it 1?).

Not like Memphis isn’t rebuilding for a couple years and it would not materially impact their cap situation functionally. Good mentor for Ja/JJJ and others?

r0drig0lac
07-10-2019, 07:05 PM
What about Anthony Randolph? He's been pretty good in Europe the last few years and is long and mobile with some range on his jumper.

he and Chris Singleton would probably be the two best players we could bring from Europe, although I also like Quincy Miller (and Melli who signed with the Pelicans)

Chinook
07-10-2019, 07:06 PM

There's little benefit to keeping the full MLE for that. They could spend $4 Million one a guy like Singleton and still have enough left to beat out most offers on the buyout market. Unless the rules changed, the min exception reduces by a prorated value starting early in the season (don't remember if it's day one or some time in the first month). The MLE only prorates after 1/10. So by February, the min exception is worth like $1 Million while the MLE still has like 75 percent of its value.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 07:08 PM
I dont understand, regardless of Morris, why SA wouldn’t be trying to trade for Iggy? SA definitely has the assets and if he is a good fit, go get him vs waiting?

Mills + Forbes + 1st (maybe it would be 2 firsts for Mills but Forbes makes it 1?).

Not like Memphis isn’t rebuilding for a couple years and it would not materially impact their cap situation functionally. Good mentor for Ja/JJJ and others?

You don't trade Forbes or a pick for Iggy (definitely not both). He's not worth it. If he were, someone would have taken him and just paid the toll to Memphis at the start. Andre gets bought out and you want to throw the MLE at him? That makes some sense even if it's not my favorite thing. But you don't erase your guard depth for a wing when you already have multiple wings to play and the ability to sign another in free agency.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 07:11 PM
You don't trade Forbes or a pick for Iggy (definitely not both). He's not worth it. If he were, someone would have taken him and just paid the toll to Memphis at the start. Andre gets bought out and you want to throw the MLE at him? That makes some sense even if it's not my favorite thing. But you don't erase your guard depth for a wing when you already have multiple wings to play and the ability to sign another in free agency.

Spurs would have plenty of depth with moving 2 of 3 of Beli/Mills/Forbes no problem. Spurs need another competent wing more than they need guard depth of Mills/Forbes and there just aren’t any difference makers in FA left.

My point was IF you feel Iggy is a great fit like OP said, then you have to consider a trade, no?

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Spurs got a peak at Cheick Diallo a couple seasons ago and put up some stats late last season.

Eh....
https://media.giphy.com/media/WVigNfVeqT7Nu/giphy.gif

Chinook
07-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Spurs would have plenty of depth with moving 2 of 3 of Beli/Mills/Forbes no problem. Spurs need another competent wing more than they need guard depth of Mills/Forbes and there just aren’t any difference makers in FA left.

My point was IF you feel Iggy is a great fit like OP said, then you have to consider a trade, no?

No. Forbes is going to play a lot of minutes next year barring injury. He could be the most consistently good guard on the team. He's not untouchable or anything, but you don't move him for Iggy when dude hasn't been a good regular-season player in years. As a buyout candidate, Iggy could make sense. But losing more depth to get a bench forward seems weird, even if you use the MLE to bring Weatherspoon up and find another player to help the rotation.

Most folks don't think Carroll was worth Bertans, but he was obviously worth the MLE. The two methods of acquisition aren't the same.

tonight...you
07-10-2019, 07:21 PM
I love this idea. Wow...

buttsR4rebounding
07-10-2019, 07:24 PM
I've been advocating for Singleton the last 2 years. He has been the equivalent of 1st team all defense at least the past 2 years and has set records for most 3s by a center in Europe. And he definitely wants to come to the NBA.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Trade Forbes/Beli/1st for something better.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Just saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3EfjD2jXag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwWuYSxo6Qs

I think he can help an NBA team.

ceperez
07-10-2019, 07:35 PM
I will go with Iggy. Heck, I would trade with Memphis, DeRozan for Iggy and an extra body.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 07:38 PM
I will go with Iggy. Heck, I would trade with Memphis, DeRozan for Iggy and an extra body.

If trading with Memphis, I would try to get Anderson back. I don't think Iguodala has much left.

spurraider21
07-10-2019, 07:52 PM
im open to the singleton idea of morris falls through. but dno if he's even on PATFO's radar

i wouldnt trade shit for iggy. he's basically gonna be mailing it in during the regular season. but i'd take a look if he gets waived

ideally morris comes through and we didnt throw away bertans for no reason. thats going to sting like hell because he had more potential as a trade asset than just being a trade exception (though with morris apparently available for the MLE, that became worthwhile)

ceperez
07-10-2019, 07:54 PM
If trading with Memphis, I would try to get Anderson back. I don't think Iguodala has much left.

Just trying to balance the contracts. :-D

sasaint
07-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Whatever the repercussions or alternatives PATFO should rescind the offer to Morris.

Pursue a deal for Covington, hopefully involving Dumbmar.

timvp
07-10-2019, 08:03 PM

I like Iguodala and I wouldn't mind giving him a two-year, $20 million contract. But I don't like the idea of giving up assets for him. He could fall off a cliff any second and there's a real possibility that he won't even be as good as Forbes going forward (despite how worthless ST edgelords say Forbes is).

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Fair enough you two :tu

LCM
07-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Is Christian Wood an automatic return for the Pelicans? Danny Ferry brought him in late last season, put up big numbers and he crushed G league with Bucks affiliate.

cjw
07-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Assuming Morris to the Knicks goes down, the Spurs will be tied with the Hornets as having the most money to throw at any one free agent (full non-taxpayer MLE). Every other team has used up nearly all cap space, or exceptions.

Too bad there is nobody worth using the full MLE on right now. But Spurs could outbid everyone in the buyout market.

Realdeal1
07-10-2019, 08:47 PM
At this point spurs are better off holding on to the MLE and wait it out to see if something better comes along during the season

YoungbuckMurray
07-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Go tamper with Bullock please. Just to fuck with the Knicks

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Wonder if SA could trade for Marvin Williams?

Chinook
07-10-2019, 09:09 PM

Was more possible before Bertans was moved. I don't see $10 Million in excess salary at this point, Morris or no. Really, there isn't a need for another rotation-caliber forward. Between big ball and playing wings at SF, they can make it work.

ace3g
07-10-2019, 09:10 PM

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/1148683746708721666

Floyd Pacquiao
07-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Forbes has turned into a good 10th man. Still slow footed defensively but he showed up in the playoffs.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Forbes has turned into a good 10th man. Still slow footed defensively but he showed up in the playoffs.

:lol Agreed except he isn't treated like a 10th man on this team.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Was more possible before Bertans was moved. I don't see $10 Million in excess salary at this point, Morris or no. Really, there isn't a need for another rotation-caliber forward. Between big ball and playing wings at SF, they can make it work.

Mills for him works straight up, no? Wonder if Mills + 2nd rounder (or two) would get it done. I think losing at least one of Beli Mills would be good for minutes at G and having more depth at SF/PF, especially someone that could start like Williams would be worth giving up some assets for.

Plus it gets SA out of Mills salary and more flexibility

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:16 PM

:lol smh

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Mills for him works straight up, no? Wonder if Mills + 2nd rounder (or two) would get it done. I think losing at least one of Beli Mills would be good for minutes at G and having more depth at SF/PF, especially someone that could start like Williams would be worth giving up some assets for.

Plus it gets SA out of Mills salary and more flexibility

Why keep including Mills in trades when you know he's not going anywhere this season....

Plus, the Spurs don't even need to deal him out in a Marvin Williams trade. That trade is a 10 second call if RC actually picked up the phone tbh.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Why keep including Mills in trades when you know he's not going anywhere this season....

Plus, the Spurs don't even need to deal him out in a Marvin Williams trade. That trade is a 10 second call if RC actually picked up the phone tbh.

Not following - you saying DeRozan?

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Not following - you saying DeRozan?

Forbes/Beli/Metu. Throw in a 2nd rounder if you need to. Charlotte takes that deal. Easy tbh.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Forbes/Beli/Metu. Throw in a 2nd rounder if you need to. Charlotte takes that deal. Easy tbh.

That trade doesn’t work

weebo
07-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:33 PM
That trade doesn’t work

? Worked for me tbh.

DPG21920
07-10-2019, 09:35 PM
? Worked for me tbh.

Where in your head :lol? Edit - you are correct. I was counting Morris. If Morris doesn’t come then yes, it works

Mugen
07-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Where in your head :lol?

:lol, trade machine tbh.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
07-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Option Z: Keep the MLE and wait for the buyout marketAgree, No point signing someone that ain't going to make the team any better. Play Luka and KJ at the back up forward spots and let them learn on the job.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Forbes/Beli/Metu. Throw in a 2nd rounder if you need to. Charlotte takes that deal. Easy tbh.Why does Charlotte do that?

Mugen
07-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Why does Charlotte do that?

Why wouldn't they? Younger player in Forbes and frees up minutes for Washington plus a 2nd rounder. All for a guy that's gone next year.

8FOR!3
07-10-2019, 10:09 PM
Iggy wouldn't hurt my feelings, every other name makes me cringe (I mean I don't hate having a guy like Holiday or Bullock on the team over Belinelli but I don't think they're important minutes players.) Chris Singleton would be obviously satisfying considering he's the guy I wanted us to draft the year we got Kawhi. As a matter of fact when I heard we traded up I just knew Singleton was the pick lol.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Why wouldn't they? Younger player in Forbes and frees up minutes for Washington plus a 2nd rounder. All for a guy that's gone next year.But you say Forbes is garbage.

Pick a lane.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 10:11 PM
There's also nothing wrong with bringing some guys into camp to compete for the job as well. The Celtics released Yabusele. I'm not giving him a lot of money, but I think he could still stick in the league. Let him and Metu duke it out with a couple other cast-offs.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 10:12 PM
But you say Forbes is garbage.

Pick a lane.

Forbes is garbage when you have Lonnie, DJ, and White ahead of him. The Hornets don't have that problem. Try to keep up, old man.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Forbes is garbage when you have Lonnie, DJ, and White ahead of him. The Hornets don't have that problem. Try to keep up, old man.Keep up with what?

You say they want garbage.

Teams don't want garbage.

Try to make sense.

Chinook
07-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Forbes is garbage when you have Lonnie, DJ, and White ahead of him. The Hornets don't have that problem. Try to keep up, old man.

But Forbes, Walker, White and Murray are the four best guards on the team. They should all get minutes next year and be a real positive for the roster. Going to Mills or Weatherspoon is a downgrade, and considering Lonnie and DJM both have injury concerns, it seems even more unwise to shirk guard depth.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-10-2019, 10:23 PM
So is there any truth to the rumor that now Morris is considering sticking with the Spurs?

What a shitshow.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 10:25 PM
So is there any truth to the rumor that now Morris is considering sticking with the Spurs?

What a shitshow.

Haven't seen that rumor at all.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 10:27 PM
But Forbes, Walker, White and Murray are the four best guards on the team. They should all get minutes next year and be a real positive for the roster. Going to Mills or Weatherspoon is a downgrade, and considering Lonnie and DJM both have injury concerns, it seems even more unwise to shirk guard depth.

I don't disagree with any of that, but the reality is that Fatty will play and he'll get his 20 minutes. I think DJ and White are a lock for 25ish as well (should be more for DWhite tbh). Knowing Pop, Lonnie will be the odd man out and I'm 100% certain he's a much better NBA player than Forbes.

Sure, I'd love to trade Patty and keep Bryn but that's not happening. The team doesn't get close to its ceiling next year unless Lonnie has a big role and the path to that is much easier with Forbes/Beli out of the picture.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Haven't seen that rumor at all.

I heard it mentioned on NBA radio that the Spurs were trying to salvage the deal. Maybe that just meant looking for a replacement.

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2019, 10:33 PM
How is going to Weatherspoon a downgrade? lmfao

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-10-2019, 10:37 PM

I like him. Something Mario Elie-esque about him.

Joseph Kony
07-10-2019, 10:38 PM

because he is a rookie who hasnt proven shit in the big leagues. i like him but ST has tendency to overrate young dudes that look solid in the g-league/summer league and then theyre trash on an NBA level. not saying that by any means about Q-Dub, but he definitely is a downgrade to Murray/White/Forbes. Forbes gets shit on a lot but he's a solid player, averaged over 10+ ppg on 40+ from deep over a season. not every guy can come in and do that.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 10:38 PM
But Forbes, Walker, White and Murray are the four best guards on the team. They should all get minutes next year and be a real positive for the roster. Going to Mills or Weatherspoon is a downgrade, and considering Lonnie and DJM both have injury concerns, it seems even more unwise to shirk guard depth.He's just making up shit to fit agenda.

"Easy"

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2019, 10:41 PM
because he is a rookie who hasnt proven shit in the big leagues. i like him but ST has tendency to overrate young dudes that look solid in the g-league/summer league and then theyre trash on an NBA level. not saying that by any means about Q-Dub, but he definitely is a downgrade to Murray/White/Forbes. Forbes gets shit on a lot but he's a solid player, averaged over 10+ ppg on 40+ from deep over a season. not every guy can come in and do that.
I’m referencing Mills. What can mills do that Q can’t? Honest question.

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 10:51 PM
I’m referencing Mills. What can mills do that Q can’t? Honest question.

Like everything?

Dude, if Patty Mills played a SL game, he'd score 50 points. They wouldn't be able to keep him out of the paint and he'd be drilling threes all over the place. The difference in skill and talent is beyond stunning.

FkLA
07-10-2019, 10:52 PM

What a shitshow.

Nothing new, but this is from Chris Haynes yesterday:

However, the Knicks now have a one-year, roughly $15 million offer on the table for Morris, sources said.

But there is optimism Morris and the Spurs will finalize their contract, sources said.

Word began circulating at Summer League of Morris’ hesitancy when he didn’t show up to take his physical a few days ago.

Morris averaged 13.9 points and 6.1 rebounds last season for the Celtics.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-considering-reneging-on-deal-with-spurs-in-favor-of-knicks-211335219.html (https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-considering-reneging-on-deal-with-spurs-in-favor-of-knicks-211335219.html)

Mr. Body
07-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Nothing new, but this is from Chris Haynes yesterday:

https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-considering-reneging-on-deal-with-spurs-in-favor-of-knicks-211335219.html (https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-considering-reneging-on-deal-with-spurs-in-favor-of-knicks-211335219.html)

"Are you optimistic you can still do a deal with Morris?"

"Sure."

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Yeah, for sure.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Why does Bullock even want to sign with a team that is now explicitly lowballing him to sign someone else?

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2019, 11:00 PM
Like everything?

Dude, if Patty Mills played a SL game, he'd score 50 points. They wouldn't be able to keep him out of the paint and he'd be drilling threes all over the place. The difference in skill and talent is beyond stunning.
No dude seriously. If patty played a SL game, he’d be getting his ass kicked on both ends. He wouldn’t look any better than Magette. Patty needs to be set up in order to succeed. Q has the ability to facilitate and create his own all the while, having the wherewithal to stay with his man.

FkLA
07-10-2019, 11:05 PM
No dude seriously. If patty played a SL game, he’d be getting his ass kicked on both ends. He wouldn’t look any better than Magette. Patty needs to be set up in order to succeed. Q has the ability to facilitate and create his own all the while, having the wherewithal to stay with his man.

Bro, prime Wombat was the leading scorer at the Olympics not that long ago. I don't like him but he would do well in SL.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 11:10 PM
:lol Patty would just drive to the basket before the defense was set every time for 40.

It's summer league.

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Bro, prime Wombat was the leading scorer at the Olympics not that long ago. I don't like him but he would do well in SL.
I get prime, but he is not that today

spurs10
07-10-2019, 11:16 PM

Not like Memphis isn’t rebuilding for a couple years and it would not materially impact their cap situation functionally. Good mentor for Ja/JJJ and others? My thoughts as well. Is it a one-way street regarding verbal deals and we have to wait since we offered him a deal? Are the Spurs just being a class act?

acoelho1
07-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Hopefully they work it out with Morris. His game is just too good of a fit and I don't like any of the free agents still available.

DesignatedT
07-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Mills is playing no matter what. It’s popovich. At least moving Bryn paves the way for DJ, White, and Walker getting their deserved minutes. Mills is playing... Forbes or no Forbes :lol

Cklbmk
07-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Belinelli + 1st for Crowder with a wink wink deal for them to waive Iggy too and then we give Iggy the MLE.

Dejounte/White/Forbes
Derozan/Mills/Lonnie
Carroll/Iggy/Gay/Keldon
LMA/Gay/Crowder/Metu/Luka
Poeltl/LMA/Gay

I'd be pretty content with that lineup

Mugen
07-10-2019, 11:22 PM
Mills is playing no matter what. It’s popovich. At least moving Bryn paves the way for DJ, White, and Walker getting their deserved minutes. Mills is playing... Forbes or no Forbes :lol

DT gets it.

DesignatedT
07-10-2019, 11:22 PM
It’s either work it out with Morris or try to deal for Covington. Everything else is a massive downgrade.

DesignatedT
07-10-2019, 11:27 PM
If Morris goes to NY I at least try for Covington. Forbes, Belinelli and a 1st might be enough, I dunno. Cov has a pretty friendly contract for the spurs moving forward.

Preferably would like to see it work out with Morris and he play his ass off here for a season or two. He just fits in perfectly for what the spurs need. Guy would slide right into the SL and play heavy minutes. Dude must be in some serious debt or something because that NY roster is an awful place for him to be.

Mugen
07-10-2019, 11:37 PM
If Morris goes to NY I at least try for Covington. Forbes, Belinelli and a 1st might be enough, I dunno. Cov has a pretty friendly contract for the spurs moving forward.

Preferably would like to see it work out with Morris and he play his ass off here for a season or two. He just fits in perfectly for what the spurs need. Guy would slide right into the SL and play heavy minutes. Dude must be in some serious debt or something because that NY roster is an awful place for him to be.

Dude is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Look at the contracts that Danny, Aminu, Thad Young, etc. got (solid rotation players on playoff teams) versus Ariza, Jabari, Kaminskis....guys on lottery teams...

TimDunkem
07-10-2019, 11:42 PM
DT gets it.

Anyone who watches or pays attention gets it. It's like some of these slurpers haven't watched Spurs basketball or read about how Mills is the "leader" of this team now. Sure, in an ideal world, Forbes would be the only one-dimensional midget getting minutes, but he's not. Patty is here to stay and get minutes.

Kawhitstorm
07-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Belinelli + 1st for Crowder with a wink wink deal for them to waive Iggy too and then we give Iggy the MLE.

Why would they waive Iggy when they could get a 1st for him from a desperate team at the deadline such as the Rockets.

Pavlov
07-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Anyone who watches or pays attention gets it. It's like some of these slurpers haven't watched Spurs basketball or read about how Mills is the "leader" of this team now. Sure, in an ideal world, Forbes would be the only one-dimensional midget getting minutes, but he's not. Patty is here to stay and get minutes.Why did Parker leave since he was going to be guaranteed big minutes?

daslicer
07-10-2019, 11:44 PM
Dude is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Look at the contracts that Danny, Aminu, Thad Young, etc. got (solid rotation players on playoff teams) versus Ariza, Jabari, Kaminskis....guys on lottery teams...

I would take the 2 years 20 mil if I was in his situation and this has nothing to do with me being homer. If you look at it risk wise the 2 year deal with the player option is a better deal in the sense it protects you if you get a major injury like an achilles or ACL tear.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2019, 02:27 AM
just offer Bullock 6 million and see if the Knicks match. Then they gotta decide between Bullock and Morris and we get at least one of them

Rummpd
07-11-2019, 05:43 AM
On board with Singleton... do Spurs have anyone stashed overseas? Would probably have to buy out a contract though.

szkorhetz
07-11-2019, 05:52 AM
On board with Singleton... do Spurs have anyone stashed overseas? Would probably have to buy out a contract though.
Hanga

JADG79
07-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Spurs need to watch Gallo in OKC if they cannot trade him, probably a buyout is coming and Spurs can offer him most than any other team.

Mr. Body
07-11-2019, 06:13 AM

You're a moron. Remind me of those dipshits who were like, Alabama's the greatest team ever, they could beat an NFL team. And then didn't even win the championship. Mills would crush anybody in the SL.

JuneJive
07-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Spurs need to watch Gallo in OKC if they cannot trade him, probably a buyout is coming and Spurs can offer him most than any other team.

Yup. Seems possible.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2019, 06:32 AM

that would be great

Ice009
07-11-2019, 06:35 AM
How do you know OKC will buyout Gallinari? They might end up holding onto him.

r0drig0lac
07-11-2019, 07:03 AM
How do you know OKC will buyout Gallinari? They might end up holding onto him.

they do not go, Danilo has value for practically any team in the dispute

smaka
07-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Hanga
No thanks.

Anthony Randolph could be interesting tho. Great defender, can hit a 3, athletic... But he is 4/5 not 3/4.

mo7888
07-11-2019, 08:27 AM
I also wonder if okc trades WB to Miami if we can edge in on that and pry Winslow out of that deal? I hear hes part of the trade but, okc doesn't really need him if they are trying to bottom out.

jjktkk
07-11-2019, 09:04 AM
]Anyone who watches or pays attention gets it.[/B] What, that's like 4 of you on here? With the daily shit you serve up on here, you get it?:lol

DesignatedT
07-11-2019, 09:07 AM
No thanks.

Anthony Randolph could be interesting tho. Great defender, can hit a 3, athletic... But he is 4/5 not 3/4.

He's a career .24% three pt shooter.

SpursGuy91
07-11-2019, 09:21 AM

During Euroleague play, he shot 40% from 3 last year and above 33% the two years before. Not sure why you would ignore the stats that matter the most... At worst, he's an average 3pt shooter.

GusT15
07-11-2019, 09:25 AM
During Euroleague play, he shot 40% from 3 last year and above 33% the two years before. Not sure why you would ignore the stats that matter the most... At worst, he's an average 3pt shooter.

Euroleague's 3 is a long 2 for the NBA so he'd fit right in.Sign him up.

vavvi
07-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Don't like those options. I'd rather have Bertans than any of those guys.
If Morris is lost, I think we should either wait for buyout guys, or think about trades.

DMC
07-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Iggy seems like a money guy. He never gave GS any discounts, encouraged Turner to take that POR contract and run, has a lot of investments, etc. Doesn't strike me as a guy that would take a discount to ring chase.

Bullock looks intriguing but I'm just basing it on that YT vid since I don't really watch scrub teams. If he's a solid defender and it's just plantar fasciitis I'd take him, tbh.

No one coming to the Spurs is ring chasing. Let's get that out of the way now.

DMC
07-11-2019, 10:39 AM

.24%??

Like less than half a percent? Shaq probably has better 3pt percentage.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see the Spurs make another move. They have some trade pieces now. I think they would have that puncher's chance this year if they could get that additional 3-4 player.

ceperez
07-12-2019, 02:37 PM
I'd like to see the Spurs make another move. They have some trade pieces now. I think they would have that puncher's chance this year if they could get that additional 3-4 player.

Take a chance on Yabusele!