PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Kawhi now signs shorter contract to line up with Paul George in 2021

phxspurfan
07-10-2019, 11:12 PM
Can this dude get any gayer? Seriously

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27162014/kawhi-signs-shorter-3-year-clips-deal

:cry oh I'll sign but :cry
:cry gotta have an out for myself and my butt buddy :cry
:cry so we can ride out of town together on our tandem bicycle :cry

Laker_1995
07-11-2019, 12:36 AM
Hopefully kawahi stays healthy. Hope he does.

Spurtacular
07-11-2019, 01:01 AM
Not sure the OP is making the right read. In today's NBA, more and more is changing year to year. #2 is giving himself flexibility and exposure by not getting stuck in a possibly stagnant deal. Also, he just had the Clippers mortgage their future for this all chips in move. If it doesn't work out, he'll want the option to leave. I doubt it has little to do with going wherever PG goes. There will be other players he can team up with or other franchises with budding nucleuses.

Rusty
07-11-2019, 02:00 AM
I think he's doing this just to get the max contract. If Paul George doesn't work out they can just trade for Bradley Beal

Spurtacular
07-11-2019, 03:07 AM
I think he's doing this just to get the max contract. If Paul George doesn't work out they can just trade for Bradley Beal

Wizards aren't trading Beal to the Clippers, dude. They have nothing to offer.

Chris Fall
07-11-2019, 03:33 AM
2055, 2057, 2059 first round picks, right to swap 2056, 2058 first round picks?

LkrFan
07-11-2019, 05:43 AM
Coulda swore Cris Carter said he would not sign a short term contract? This is essentially a 2yr deal. He's betting on himself staying healthy, I guess. I would've went for the full bag. He can always leave early since we know contracts don't mean shit nowadays :lol

ambchang
07-11-2019, 06:05 AM
He didn’t need to. Couldn’t faked another injury to force a trade if things don’t work out. Get a years rest, pocket a few million and get what he wants.

LkrFan
07-11-2019, 07:07 AM

They say pressure bursts pipes :)

Legacy
07-11-2019, 07:49 AM

They say pressure bursts pipes :)

The new WWE, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
07-11-2019, 08:29 AM
The new WWE, tbh.

It's been this since February 1, 2008, though.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2019, 09:25 AM
This is all about money. Kawhi's maneuvering for that ten-year max in 2021. Clearly he's confident enough in his health going forward that he's willing to take the risk.

Thread
07-11-2019, 09:28 AM
He didn’t need to. Couldn’t faked another injury to force a trade if things don’t work out. Get a years rest, pocket a few million and get what he wants.

Pop met his match & then some. It happens.

MultiTroll
07-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Good move by Kwa.

One of Lebrons biggest mistakes was signing in Cleveland for 2 years instead of one after he tapped Warrior ass in 2016.
One year deal and he is a UFA summer 17.

Thread
07-11-2019, 09:49 AM
& no blasting this news from the mountain top. Nope. Nor all that materiel they had to send back to OKC. That too was a line or 2 buried in the morass.

"Doc" is gonna reach down that bench for Gallinari & you know what? He ain't gonna be there.

MultiTroll
07-11-2019, 09:54 AM
"Doc" is gonna reach down that bench for Gallinari & you know what? He ain't gonna be there.
Playoff soft Kobe type chucker so that is yet another good thing about the 2020 Clips.

SpursforSix
07-11-2019, 10:47 AM
This is all about money. Kawhi's maneuvering for that ten-year max in 2021. Clearly he's confident enough in his health going forward that he's willing to take the risk.

Agree but this is bad for the Clippers. He's going to be even more about that load management now.

Thread
07-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Playoff soft Kobe type chucker so that is yet another good thing about the 2020 Clips.

Sure, like that time you thought Kobe would chucker that shot top of that key v. Boston. Ha, Artest. & Pierce bucklin' his knees on the faint that Artest laid on him portending to drive. WTF would he drive from 23+ feet out?

Ainge, white as a ghost. Me too. tee, hee.

That was a long 3,000 mile charter flight back to Massachusetts, eh? Not as long though as that flight back from Florida. tee, hee.

Laker_1995
07-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Can’t even front bro. That edit looks clean

Thread
07-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Agree but this is bad for the Clippers. He's going to be even more about that load management now.

Absolutely. But, that don't fit the narrative set in cement that Leonard set down at decision. Media can't change that narrative. They'll brazen it out: "That's 2 years down the line."

That little SOB ain't no innocent babe as Pop & I had thought.

ambchang
07-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Pop met his match & then some. It happens.

No doubt. Pop dealt in good faith, Kawhi didn't.

Thread
07-11-2019, 11:12 AM
No doubt. Pop dealt in good faith, Kawhi didn't.

Let's not go overboard, Chief. Pop tried to bamboozle him at the first, found out he wasn't no (Tom) so then had to deal with him on a fresh level Pop had never dealt on. When Pop spoke, the Big 3 genuflected, their underlings as well. You got ambushed by Leonard. Instead of admitting "defeat" & winning the war, you sassed back. You drew on his bait instead of eyeballing exclusively your quest...girding that bridge you'd erected for the sole purpose of crossing over the expired bodies of that Big 3.

"It's not personal, Tom. It's strictly business." - "The Godfather" Pop shoulda taken his vengeance after, after-after, like "Michael" did.

LkrFan
07-11-2019, 11:27 AM

Whatever my nig. That's a HUGE risk for both the Clipps and Kiwi. The Clipps gave up a ton of capital to essentially acquire both Kiwi and Playoff P. I wouldn't be banking on health for Kiwi if I were him. He should have taken the full bag. The Clipps better hope he plays 70+ games or them Thunder draft picks gonna look sweet. Below is why.

Total games played and total games percentages

Kiwi (8yrs) 467/656=71%
AD (7yrs) 466/574 = 81%

Media narrative: AD is injury prone, but Kiwi isn't? AD played in 1 less game than Kiwi has despite playing 1 less season. :lol And AD ain't never missed 73 straight games. AD gets nicked here and there, true. Last year he was basically shut down before Silver stepped in. Otherwise he plays in 70+ games for a 3rd straight season. Previous two seasons? He played 75 games consecutively.

But Kawhi limped to the finish line just this past season even after 22 games missed due to "load management." I'd be nervous AF if I were a Clipper fan. That midnight heist of Kiwi just might blowup in your faces!

:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

ambchang
07-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Let's not go overboard, Chief. Pop tried to bamboozle him at the first, found out he wasn't no (Tom) so then had to deal with him on a fresh level Pop had never dealt on. When Pop spoke, the Big 3 genuflected, their underlings as well. You got ambushed by Leonard. Instead of admitting "defeat" & winning the war, you sassed back. You drew on his bait instead of eyeballing exclusively your quest...girding that bridge you'd erected for the sole purpose of crossing over the expired bodies of that Big 3.

"It's not personal, Tom. It's strictly business." - "The Godfather" Pop shoulda taken his vengeance after, after-after, like "Michael" did.

So ready to pull him for the year on a six week injury to please him is trying to bamboozle him? Could you spell it out?

Thread
07-11-2019, 11:52 AM
So ready to pull him for the year on a six week injury to please him is trying to bamboozle him? Could you spell it out?

No. You brazen it out. "You're under contract, Leonard. I will entertain no other scenario." At that point Pop had already tragicly misjudged Leonard and the situation. "Stop digging!" Stand your ground, do what is right. Act like somebody.

Sitting around lauding your haul for Leonard is vulgar, unseeingly and pedestrian. SAS in the Pop era have never been vulgar, unseemly nor pedestrian. He knew. Pop knew precisely the moment of truth and he chose wrong the path to take. & it cost you everything.

"I want out."
"Fuck it, then go."

---

"I want to be traded to the Lakers."

He just signed across the hallway.

Legacy
07-11-2019, 11:58 AM
kShvzr3BQSU

Finally this nig shows up to work.

:lmao 99% Kiwi stays in Toronto
:lmao ESPN "analysts"

lefty
07-11-2019, 12:25 PM
TEAM LEADER KAWHI

Legacy
07-11-2019, 12:36 PM
:lmao deflecting the convo to PG being the 1%

Thread
07-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Yep, and that's when I lost my positivity. & I never got it back. I was flying high till that 99% comment.

SpursforSix
07-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Yep, and that's when I lost my positivity. & I never got it back. I was flying high till that 99% comment.

It probably made it an easier let down for you.

weebo
07-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Get ready for his load management bull shit x10.

Chris
07-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Absolutely. But, that don't fit the narrative set in cement that Leonard set down at decision. Media can't change that narrative. They'll brazen it out: "That's 2 years down the line."

That little SOB ain't no innocent babe as Pop & I had thought.

He's a villain. The slow laugh; the passive aggressive malaise.

"Enjoy this moment (Toronto) and have fun with it"

Thread
07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
It probably made it an easier let down for you.

No. It was just a death knell deep in my gut when he said that. You remember I was aghast & alarmed. It was never the same after that. Just a death spiral straight into the earth. We augered in.

& upon reflection we never heard anything after he showed in Toronto. Not a peep thru back channels, or, a kind leak here & there. Nothing. Dead silence. I portended not to see it, but, I saw it & it lodged in my gourd & my gut. He soured. & nothing changed. James was there the entire time.

It happens. & we'd a had it knocked with him. That'd a been our bridge over the remnants of LeBron. We coulda augmented our ass off for the next 5 years and built a peerless team.

Thread
07-11-2019, 02:13 PM
He's a villain. The slow laugh; the passive aggressive malaise.

...the over delveloped forehead. Argyle socks, tan shorts, the long ones, bright red pullover t-shirt, undersized, those blue type burlap tennis shows popular at the Special Olympics. It was all there. We just chose to ignore it.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2019, 02:19 PM
kShvzr3BQSU

Finally this nig shows up to work.

:lmao 99% Kiwi stays in Toronto
:lmao ESPN "analysts"
He at least admitted he was wrong, unlike Chris Broussard, who just made lame excuses.

LkrFan
07-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Lakers and Raps got played. We'll see who gets the last laugh though :lol

ambchang
07-11-2019, 09:14 PM
No. You brazen it out. "You're under contract, Leonard. I will entertain no other scenario." At that point Pop had already tragicly misjudged Leonard and the situation. "Stop digging!" Stand your ground, do what is right. Act like somebody.

Sitting around lauding your haul for Leonard is vulgar, unseeingly and pedestrian. SAS in the Pop era have never been vulgar, unseemly nor pedestrian. He knew. Pop knew precisely the moment of truth and he chose wrong the path to take. & it cost you everything.

"I want out."
"Fuck it, then go."

---

"I want to be traded to the Lakers."

He just signed across the hallway.

Bullshit

All the information is readily available. You just chose to live in your own reality. Fine for you to do it, quit forcing every body else to by spamming your crap everywhere.

Besides, we know you will just go hide like a chickenshit when the going gets tough.

Thread
07-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Bullshit

All the information is readily available. You just chose to live in your own reality. Fine for you to do it, quit forcing every body else to by spamming your crap everywhere.

Besides, we know you will just go hide like a chickenshit when the going gets tough.

Ain't nobody forcing you, or, anybody else. The truth hurts & you're hurting something fearsome.

Just because Media let you offin' the hook holds nary sway with me. & that's just the way it's gonna be.

Let us proceed...

ambchang
07-12-2019, 05:43 AM
Ain't nobody forcing you, or, anybody else. The truth hurts & you're hurting something fearsome.

Just because Media let you offin' the hook holds nary sway with me. & that's just the way it's gonna be.

Let us proceed...

You are forcing crap everywhere. Your president took your cue Cully. Repeat some falsehood enough times and some idiot would believe it.

Thread
07-12-2019, 05:59 AM
You are forcing crap everywhere. Your president took your cue Cully. Repeat some falsehood enough times and some idiot would believe it.

I thought you didn't mix politics & Florida, amb? tee, hee.

But, as long as you led us in:::the night before Election Day in '16 she had a 98+% assurance of being President. He caught her the following night, put her mouth on that curb..."Now, say good night."

Just-like-that.

Nobody, amb, not a living soul does wet work like the old man. Nobody.

Legacy
07-12-2019, 08:13 AM
He at least admitted he was wrong, unlike Chris Broussard, who just made lame excuses.

99% was just a liiittle bit of a stretch, imo, especially since everybody was talking about him going to the Clipps forever.

As far as Broussard, I just listened to many of the ST posters here who were warning people to take his "takes" with a grain of salt.

Funny there are more people here who actually know what they're talking about more than these so-called "analysts" who actually do this for a living. :lol

Legacy
07-12-2019, 08:46 AM
Speaking of the prick...

uJhYoxVNrf4

ambchang
07-12-2019, 02:27 PM
I thought you didn't mix politics & Florida, amb? tee, hee.

But, as long as you led us in:::the night before Election Day in '16 she had a 98+% assurance of being President. He caught her the following night, put her mouth on that curb..."Now, say good night."

Just-like-that.

Nobody, amb, not a living soul does wet work like the old man. Nobody.

This isn’t about sports Cully, it’s about your total lack of integrity and I can see why you idolize your president. You just throw out bullshit and repeat it over and over to make shit sticks. Eventually there’d be enough dumbasses to believe it to revise history.

Not saying it doesn’t work, just saying it’s low.

Thread
07-12-2019, 02:34 PM
This isn’t about sports Cully, it’s about your total lack of integrity and I can see why you idolize your president. You just throw out bullshit and repeat it over and over to make shit sticks. Eventually there’d be enough dumbasses to believe it to revise history.

Not saying it doesn’t work, just saying it’s low.

You're a sorehead loser because of Trump being President & because of Florida & now Leonard.

You can dish it, but, you cannot take it, especially off the political grid. You believed bad things would never happen to you. That you'd never step in the shit, or, get touched. You're down in the shit with everybody else & have been since they sold your shit in Florida.

It happens, amb.

ambchang
07-12-2019, 08:37 PM
You're a sorehead loser because of Trump being President & because of Florida & now Leonard.

You can dish it, but, you cannot take it, especially off the political grid. You believed bad things would never happen to you. That you'd never step in the shit, or, get touched. You're down in the shit with everybody else & have been since they sold your shit in Florida.

It happens, amb.

I don’t know how many times I have to tell you, I don’t really care about trump

As for Leonard, he’s a psychopath, nothing spurs could've done.

But it’s not the point, point is that you keep putting revisionist history.

The additional point is you are the one who dish but can’t take. You cake up with lodging all this falsehood precisely because of it. You are just a walking breathing hypocrite.

DMC
07-12-2019, 08:56 PM

And the Thunder.. and now the Rockets.

DMC
07-12-2019, 08:57 PM
The 2 year thing is likely waiting out Lebron so they can both go to the Lakers and play alongside AD.

Thread
07-12-2019, 09:39 PM
I don’t know how many times I have to tell you, I don’t really care about trump

As for Leonard, he’s a psychopath, nothing spurs could've done.

But it’s not the point, point is that you keep putting revisionist history.

The additional point is you are the one who dish but can’t take. You cake up with lodging all this falsehood precisely because of it. You are just a walking breathing hypocrite.

You care about Trump, you just can't face the fact that's he's President.

I take it. I acknowledge & carry my burdens, be they political, or, Lakers.

You were just never touched until Florida and you don't know how to act. Then you got touched again when Trump made President & again when you lost Leonard. You're going to have to accept your Midas touch is 6 years gone, amb. You're in the shit with the rest of us.

It happens.

Ice009
07-13-2019, 12:04 AM
The 2 year thing is likely waiting out Lebron so they can both go to the Lakers and play alongside AD.

Interesting, never thought of that. Does Lebron contract expire in two years? if so, what if he wants to re-sign? I guess the Lakers could kick him to the curb and sign both Kawhi and PG instead. It would be very interesting to see if he can somehow win a ring with the Clippers and then goes to the Lakers to try and win a 4th with a different franchise. That would put him in very high standing on the all-time NBA players list.

DMC
07-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Interesting, never thought of that. Does Lebron contract expire in two years? if so, what if he wants to re-sign? I guess the Lakers could kick him to the curb and sign both Kawhi and PG instead. It would be very interesting to see if he can somehow win a ring with the Clippers and then goes to the Lakers to try and win a 4th with a different franchise. That would put him in very high standing on the all-time NBA players list.

Part of it too, I think, is to put pressure on Steve enBalmer to bring in talent to win now instead of shelving Kawhi and George and doing the "ran into a better team" excuse again.

ambchang
07-13-2019, 07:40 AM
You care about Trump, you just can't face the fact that's he's President.

I take it. I acknowledge & carry my burdens, be they political, or, Lakers.

You were just never touched until Florida and you don't know how to act. Then you got touched again when Trump made President & again when you lost Leonard. You're going to have to accept your Midas touch is 6 years gone, amb. You're in the shit with the rest of us.

It happens.

No matter how many times you say it, I don’t.

And you never take it. Ever.

yxGn8TMXVYk

Thread
07-13-2019, 10:10 AM
No matter how many times you say it, I don’t.

And you never take it. Ever.

yxGn8TMXVYk

Florida

Thread
07-13-2019, 10:12 AM

Doesn't hold water. Lebron was there on site when Leonard demanded that trade to the Lakers.

DMC
07-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Doesn't hold water. Lebron was there on site when Leonard demanded that trade to the Lakers.

Leonard had ample opportunity to join the Lakers. He didn't. He wants to be in LA but signs only a 3 year deal with a PO after 2. That doesn't scream out "I'm where I want to be" but then there's a reason he didn't go to LA. AD wasn't there when he demanded the trade, so being a 3rd wheel doesn't appeal to him. Instead he'd make George the 3rd wheel. chop chop

Kawhitstorm
07-13-2019, 03:10 PM

That right there made me the GOAT (c) LeBrat

Thread
07-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Leonard had ample opportunity to join the Lakers. He didn't. He wants to be in LA but signs only a 3 year deal with a PO after 2. That doesn't scream out "I'm where I want to be" but then there's a reason he didn't go to LA. AD wasn't there when he demanded the trade, so being a 3rd wheel doesn't appeal to him. Instead he'd make George the 3rd wheel. chop chop

chop chop. I see your point, D. Are we better off with James & Davis v. James & Leonard? I'd like to brazen it out and say "yes" but, that would not be the truth.
It's just that the 3 of 'em would not have been a lock, but, it'd a been as close to one as you can get.

DMC
07-13-2019, 03:38 PM
chop chop. I see your point, D. Are we better off with James & Davis v. James & Leonard? I'd like to brazen it out and say "yes" but, that would not be the truth.
It's just that the 3 of 'em would not have been a lock, but, it'd a been as close to one as you can get.

That's a good question. James and Leonard occupy roughly the same space, so I think AD would be better compliment to James, but I think Leonard, George and AD would be better than Leonard, George and Lebron simply because of the redundancy of roles in the latter.

DMC
07-13-2019, 03:40 PM
That right there made me the GOAT (c) LeBrat

Time for you to change your team again.

Nothing is worse than a groupie. Even a tick on the balls of a groupie has picked one.

Thread
07-13-2019, 03:48 PM
That's a good question. James and Leonard occupy roughly the same space, so I think AD would be better compliment to James, but I think Leonard, George and AD would be better than Leonard, George and Lebron simply because of the redundancy of roles in the latter.

I just don't care for George whatsoever. Don't trust his talent to be true top shelf. He's going to make the Clippers sorry.

Laker_1995
07-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Kawahi is that chick who every time you ask what’s wrong she says “ nothing” and the day you get mad and scream at her she lets it out and leaves. This is what happen in SA. Nigga acted like a bitch and didn’t wanna be a man and talk to the damn owners coaches etc. his gold digging uncle is the man of the crew

baseline bum
07-13-2019, 07:00 PM

Jerry West did.

LkrFan
07-13-2019, 07:26 PM
Jerry West did.

We'll see :toast

Clipper Nation
07-14-2019, 08:59 AM
We'll see :toast
David Griffin's also getting the last laugh when AD leaves after a year and the Pelicans still own the next decade's worth of your draft picks. :downspin:

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 12:11 PM
David Griffin's also getting the last laugh when AD leaves after a year and the Pelicans still own the next decade's worth of your draft picks. :downspin:

I know you not talking about a trade. :lol

We gave up less picks for a younger, better player (AD >> PG13) :lol

And AD is more likely to re-sign with the Lakers than Kiwi is with Clipps. So all the pressure is on the Clipps these next 2 years dealing with Uncle Fester. Good luck :toast

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Uncle Fester is WORSE than LaVar! :lmao

Clipper Nation
07-14-2019, 01:22 PM
I know you not talking about a trade. :lol

We gave up less picks for a younger, better player (AD >> PG13) :lol

And AD is more likely to re-sign with the Lakers than Kiwi is with Clipps. So all the pressure is on the Clipps these next 2 years dealing with Uncle Fester. Good luck :toast

By predictably sidestepping a question about his future beyond the upcoming season — "When that time comes around next year, then you can ask me that question and we'll revisit it," he said — he acknowledged realities that have to make the Lakers uncomfortable.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-anthony-davis-rob-pelinka-lakers-hernandez-20190713-story.html

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiittttt, Armando!

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 02:20 PM
By predictably sidestepping a question about his future beyond the upcoming season — "When that time comes around next year, then you can ask me that question and we'll revisit it," he said — he acknowledged realities that have to make the Lakers uncomfortable.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-anthony-davis-rob-pelinka-lakers-hernandez-20190713-story.html

:lol

This keeps the pressure on the Lakers FO to continue to put a good roster around him. He learned that from Bron. :downspin:

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Plus, the Lakers sat on their laurels many years during Kobe's prime. Led to him playing with the likes of Kwame, Smush, Puke, and Odumb. AD not tryna go out like det :downspin:

Thread
07-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Plus, the Lakers sat on their laurels many years during Kobe's prime. Led to him playing with the likes of Kwame, Smush, Puke, and Odumb. AD not tryna go out like det :downspin:

Only because he was in a funk after the rape, just wandering about in a haze of freedom, just happy to be rich & outside the walls.

"Oh, my God, I was this||close. Oh, my God."

Clipper Nation
07-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Plus, the Lakers sat on their laurels many years during Kobe's prime. Led to him playing with the likes of Kwame, Smush, Puke, and Odumb.

:lol No, Kobe running Shaq offPERIOD is why he was playing with Kwame, Smush, Luke, and Team Leader Odom.

Thread
07-14-2019, 03:08 PM
:lol No, Kobe running Shaq offPERIOD is why he was playing with Kwame, Smush, Luke, and Team Leader Odom.

Though Kobe won 2 without Daddy.

Daddy only won 1 without Kobe. Oh, my goodness that's all Media wanted to talk about was that 1. Once Kobe nailed that 2nd & another back-2-back Media didn't want anything to do with it ever again.

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Here's a good :downspin:

Now I wanna see Kiwi's dying love for the Clipps :lol

Thread
07-14-2019, 03:22 PM

Me? I wanna see those white panties she has on up under there. There ain't no nylon on those legs.

Ass-end first!!!!!!!!!

ambchang
07-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Florida
It’s a nice place. M I C K E Y M O U S E

Clipper Nation
07-15-2019, 09:03 AM

"I'm a guy who lives in the now, the present..."

Translation: "I'm leaving next offseason unless we ring." :downspin:

LkrFan
07-15-2019, 12:06 PM
"I'm a guy who lives in the now, the present..."

Translation: "I'm leaving next offseason unless we ring." :downspin:

:lol

phxspurfan
07-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Kawahi is that chick who every time you ask what’s wrong she says “ nothing” and the day you get mad and scream at her she lets it out and leaves. This is what happen in SA. Nigga acted like a bitch and didn’t wanna be a man and talk to the damn owners coaches etc. his gold digging uncle is the man of the crew

His kid sister also stuck up for his/the family interests a lot to comments on The Gram. It would be much more authentic if he could just talk, for once. But yes, there is a reason he’s called Mute Cancer here.