PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bullock - 2019 Free Agent

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 10:25 AM
https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/headshots/nba/latest/260x190/203493.png

Reggie Bullock
Position: SF/SG
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 205
College: North Carolina
Years Pro: 6

Stats (https://www.nba.com/players/reggie/bullock/203493)

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Heh.

B1gduff
07-11-2019, 10:36 AM
How does this guy rate Defensively? looks like he can score and shoot the 3.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Besides him having 3 months to live because of plantar fasciitis he's a decent shooter and would add some depth at the 3.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 10:41 AM
On the one hand, making a MLE offer forecloses whatever possibility remains of Morris ending up in SA and solves an issue for the shady ass Knicks who just screwed you, but on the other you could conceivably end up with a talented player on a short deal and free up Carroll to spend more time playing the 4.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Not to mention the Knicks are trying to land both Morris and Bullock, so there would be some tit for tat if the Spurs extended an offer to Bullock.

exstatic
07-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Not to mention the Knicks are trying to land both Morris and Bullock, so there would be some tit for tat if the Spurs extended an offer to Bullock.

I'd offer about a mill more than NY can, using their room exception.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2019, 11:03 AM
offer him 6 Million, see if the Knicks match. You'll either get Morris or Bullock, nothing better out there anyway

SpurSpike
07-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Is it possible to try a sign and trade for Morris and then use the MLE on Bullock just to send a message to the Nicks?

ironman2886
07-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Is it possible to try a sign and trade for Morris and then use the MLE on Bullock just to send a message to the Nicks?
I wish.

Seventyniner
07-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Yes this is possible if Boston didn't have to renounce Morris's rights to clear enough space to sign Kemba. I'm still not sure about this.

But doing this would make the Spurs just as bad, even though it would be poetic justice.

look_at_g_shred
07-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Would rather play KJ

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-11-2019, 12:05 PM
If they traded Marco, maybe...?

8FOR!3
07-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Yes this is possible if Boston didn't have to renounce Morris's rights to clear enough space to sign Kemba. I'm still not sure about this.

But doing this would make the Spurs just as bad, even though it would be poetic justice.

Hey they started the shit, all is fair after that.

ZeusWillJudge
07-11-2019, 02:24 PM
On the one hand, making a MLE offer forecloses whatever possibility remains of Morris ending up in SA and solves an issue for the shady ass Knicks who just screwed you, but on the other you could conceivably end up with a talented player on a short deal and free up Carroll to spend more time playing the 4.

The Knicks want him specifically for spacing. He would do the same thing here. There's a lot to be said for developing young players, but Bullock is a proven player. It's not as bad as it looks.

After what's happened, I don't see how you being Morris on no matter what. I'm sure the rest of the team would say they don't think about it - but that doesn't mean they don't think about it. And I don't see how Pop could possibly not hold a bit of a grudge.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 02:35 PM
The Knicks want him specifically for spacing. He would do the same thing here. There's a lot to be said for developing young players, but Bullock is a proven player. It's not as bad as it looks.

After what's happened, I don't see how you being Morris on no matter what. I'm sure the rest of the team would say they don't think about it - but that doesn't mean they don't think about it. And I don't see how Pop could possibly not hold a bit of a grudge.

It was a mercenary agreement to begin with for both parties. Clearly his desire to have an option to enter free agency next season meant that he would've been one and done in SA after next season, only having taken the offer after the money dried up and having an opportunity to start. From the Spurs' side, I think they opted for skillset fit first and foremost and perhaps weren't thrilled by his representation.

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 03:00 PM
well i mean he's a guy in the nba and he's 6'7, so he meets the SpursTalk stanley johnson test

ZeusWillJudge
07-11-2019, 03:15 PM
well i mean he's a guy in the nba and he's 6'7, so he meets the SpursTalk stanley johnson test

Players have to pass a johnson test? No wonder there's hardly any white guys.

kobyz
07-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Danny Green clone!

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 03:59 PM
well i mean he's a guy in the nba and he's 6'7, so he meets the SpursTalk stanley johnson testThis guy can actually shoot though. Not ideal for the lineup but useful.

Guess the Spurs have to wait things out.

1) Bullock agrees to take less from the Knicks and they get both Bullock and Morris.

2) Bullock doesn't take less from the Knicks so the Knicks take Bullock. Spurs get Morris.

3) Bullock doesn't take less from the Knicks so the Knicks take Morris. Spurs can get Bullock.

4) The Spurs aren't interested in Bullock at all

Bah.

timvp
07-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Signing Bullock allows you to completely move on from Belinelli and possibly avoid having to overpay Forbes next summer. It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize ... as long as nothing is seriously wrong with him.

Mugen
07-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Signing Bullock allows you to completely move on from Belinelli and possibly avoid having to overpay Forbes next summer. It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize ... as long as nothing is seriously wrong with him.

:lol They can completely move on from Belinelli now

timvp
07-11-2019, 04:37 PM

There could still be situations where his three-point shot is needed, especially with Bertans gone. Unless you're cool with playing 1980s ball, tbh.

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Signing Bullock allows you to completely move on from Belinelli and possibly avoid having to overpay Forbes next summer. It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize ... as long as nothing is seriously wrong with him.:lol I just wrote pretty much the same thing in the other thread.

Furiously trying to make lemonade.

spurraider21

no chance. dude is basically belinelli but without the #coffeegang factor

RPM...

https://i.gyazo.com/e90063e66fa853146e8f11de03de8af6.png

spurraider21
:lol I just wrote pretty much the same thing in the other thread.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l1LbUHrJb7GpuOHK0/giphy.gif

tonight...you
07-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Opa!

timvp
Spurs fans: ":cry Pop is behind the times, the Spurs need to shoot more threes! :cry"

Also Spurs fans: ":cry Why do the Spurs have these one-dimensional three-point shooters on the roster? :cry"

:lol

Pavlov
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l1LbUHrJb7GpuOHK0/giphy.gifI was surprised after I hit post, that's all.

Like I said, trying to make lemonade. I thought about this as a lark yesterday but I'm warming up to it more and more.

What's your plan?

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Spurs fans: ":cry Pop is behind the times, the Spurs need to shoot more threes! :cry"

Also Spurs fans: ":cry Why do the Spurs have these one-dimensional three-point shooters on the roster? :cry"

And

Spurs need ballas!

Why can't Spurs keep ballas?

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 04:44 PM
I was surprised after I hit post, that's all.

Like I said, trying to make lemonade. I thought about this as a lark yesterday but I'm warming up to it more and more.

What's your plan?
im fuckin around tbh

my plan is to prayingdog.jpg that the knicks shit falls apart and we land morris. other than that, i dont know that bullock moves the needle. just adds redundancy. i prefer singleton who can at least occupy the position morris was meant to and bertans vacated

tonight...you
I was surprised after I hit post, that's all.

Like I said, trying to make lemonade.

What's your plan?
1st: we hit the power with a mini EMP.
It won't last long, but it will give us time to get through the initial barriers and shut down some cameras while the chaos is riding high...

Wait... you're talking about something else.

Mugen
There could still be situations where his three-point shot is needed, especially with Bertans gone. Unless you're cool with playing 1980s ball, tbh.

They have Fatty and your boy Bryn, right? I expect improvement from DWhite and Lonnie looks like he can at least be respectable from deep.

Sure, it's nice to have Beli as your 12th man to call upon if needed but if he's on the roster, I'd be more afraid of Pop playing him in front of Walker as soon as Lonnie shows any emotion after a big shot tbh.

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 04:45 PM
im fuckin around tbh

my plan is to prayingdog.jpg that the knicks shit falls apart and we land morris. other than that, i dont know that bullock moves the needle. just adds redundancy. i prefer singleton who can at least occupy the position morris was meant to and bertans vacatedThat would be great if he's even under consideration.

Dex
07-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Unpopular opinion: that haircut is stupid.

Same goes for Lonnie tbh.

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 04:46 PM
And I really don't know why grown men care so much about other men's hair.

Dex
Unpopular opinion: that haircut is stupid.

Same goes for Lonnie tbh.

Mugen
no chance. dude is basically belinelli but without the #coffeegang factor

I never once saw Beli in a coffeegang photo tbh. Maybe Pop might play Lonnie ahead of him after all...

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 04:52 PM
That would be great if he's even under consideration.
as opposed to bullock who wouldn't be moving the needle if he's even under consideration? do we have any indication that bullock is on the spurs radar any more than singleton is?

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 04:53 PM
as opposed to bullock who wouldn't be moving the needle if he's even under consideration? do we have any indication that bullock is on the spurs radar any more than singleton is?No.

Everything I have said is my own wishcasting.

I thought this was understood on a sports message board.

timvp
07-11-2019, 04:54 PM
They have Fatty and your boy Bryn, right? I expect improvement from DWhite and Lonnie looks like he can at least be respectable from deep.

Sure, it's nice to have Beli as your 12th man to call upon if needed but if he's on the roster, I'd be more afraid of Pop playing him in front of Walker as soon as Lonnie shows any emotion after a big shot tbh.

Belinelli is the most prolific three-point shooter of the bunch. Forbes is actually underwhelming in terms of volume.

The Spurs were last in the league in attempts last season. You take away Belinelli and Bertans -- and give Mills a lesser role (very likely to happen despite the shtick due to increased minutes for Murry and White) -- and you're looking at a team that shoots significantly fewer threes.

You good with that?

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 04:55 PM
No.

Everything I have said is my own wishcasting.

I thought this was understood on a sports message board.
if we're just wishcasting way as well aim higher than a marco replacement while we still have a marco lying around

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 04:56 PM
if we're just wishcasting way as well aim higher than a marco replacement while we still have a marco lying aroundSingleton isn't exactly shooting for the moon tbh.

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Singleton isn't exactly shooting for the moon tbh.
but he actually addresses the present concern (the void left by morris renege and bertans trade), unlike bullock

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 05:04 PM
but he actually addresses the present concern (the void left by morris renege and bertans trade), unlike bullockDoes he?

I guess we can hope.

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:08 PM
How many million need to be put aside for a guy like Singleton who averaged 9 and 4 in Europe? :lol

Mugen
07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Belinelli is the most prolific three-point shooter of the bunch. Forbes is actually underwhelming in terms of volume.

The Spurs were last in the league in attempts last season. You take away Belinelli and Bertans -- and give Mills a lesser role (very likely to happen despite the shtick due to increased minutes for Murry and White) -- and you're looking at a team that shoots significantly fewer threes.

You good with that?

I disagree with the significantly fewer threes assertion especially if DWhite, Derozan, and Dejounte have been asked to work on outside shooting. Add in Lonnie who looks to have a respectable appetite from shooting outside....

But even playing along with your scenario, ...You're telling me the Spurs replace Beli and Bertans in the rotation with Dejounte/Walker/Demarre and the trade off is less 3s? Yeah I'm good with that.

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 05:14 PM
How many million need to be put aside for a guy like Singleton who averaged 9 and 4 in Europe? :lolI'm squinting and aside from the improved 3 point shooting at the Euro arc, it's difficult to tell him apart from 22-23 year old reclamation projects we should be able to get for the minimum. Granted I only really saw highlight videos for any of them.

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:17 PM
I disagree with the significantly fewer threes assertion especially if DWhite, Derozan, and Dejounte have been asked to work on outside shooting. Add in Lonnie who looks to have a respectable appetite from shooting outside....The math doesn't work out unless you're factoring in one of those guys taking a huge jump, tbh.

But even playing along with your scenario, ...You're telling me the Spurs replace Beli and Bertans in the rotation with Dejounte/Walker/Demarre and the trade off is less 3s? Yeah I'm good with that.Alright, I'll remember this. Should come in handy at some point next season :lol

slick'81
07-11-2019, 05:21 PM
How many million need to be put aside for a guy like Singleton who averaged 9 and 4 in Europe? :lol

Not much tbh

Mugen
07-11-2019, 05:24 PM
The math doesn't work out unless you're factoring in one of those guys taking a huge jump, tbh.

Alright, I'll remember this. Should come in handy at some point next season :lol

1. I predict DWhite to be an above average outside shooter next season tbh. I think Derozan shoots closer to the 3.5 attempts he did his last year in Toronto and I think Dejounte probably shoots around the same amount.

2. Sounds good, homie. If I end up being right, please no disappearing for a season again because "It Hurts" tbh.

DAF86
07-11-2019, 05:27 PM

9 and 4 in Europe is 12 and 6 in the NBA, tbh.

timvp
1. I predict DWhite to be an above average outside shooter next season tbh. I think Derozan shoots closer to the 3.5 attempts he did his last year in Toronto and I think Dejounte probably shoots around the same amount.That's still last in the league in three-point attempts, FWIW.

2. Sounds good, homie. If I end up being right, please no disappearing for a season again because "It Hurts" tbh.7.5/10 :tu

Leetonidas
Multinov put up 11 and 7 so not that far off

spurraider21
If I end up being right, please no disappearing for a season again because "It Hurts" tbh.
:lmao

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:28 PM
:lmao

Mugen
07-11-2019, 05:34 PM
...but back to the point of the thread. I'd throw 1yr/9mil at Bullock just as a fuck you to Dolan and the Knicks tbh :lol

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 05:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tjat0CW.gif?noredirect

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 05:37 PM
...but back to the point of the thread. I'd throw 1yr/9mil at Bullock just as a fuck you to Dolan and the Knicks tbh :lolYeah, if they were waiting out Bullock and Morris that could be a masterwork of timing and guile.

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tjat0CW.gif?noredirect

https://media.giphy.com/media/RvM1T2Q0nDhao/giphy.gif

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:42 PM
...but back to the point of the thread. I'd throw 1yr/9mil at Bullock just as a fuck you to Dolan and the Knicks tbh :lol

Pretty true. Anything over $6-7 million should get the job done unless the Knicks have a backroom agreement in the works.

spurraider21
07-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Pretty true. Anything over $6-7 million should get the job done unless the Knicks have a backroom agreement in the works.
anything north of the room exception would get it done, no? or maybe less if muh state taxes is actually considered by players

Dex
07-11-2019, 05:44 PM

C'mon Mug....your response to the Knicks stealing Morris is to try to throw good money at the Knicks' broken goods? Just to "send a message" to one of the stupidest franchises and worst owners in the league?

The Knicks obviously don't give a shit what the Spurs think. Meanwhile, the last thing the Spurs need is another injured guard.

slick'81
07-11-2019, 05:44 PM
anything north of the room exception would get it done, no? or maybe less if muh state taxes is actually considered by players

Spurs would never pull that bs.besides spurs dont need another sg

Mugen
07-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Yeah, if they were waiting out Bullock and Morris that could be a masterwork of timing and guile.

Nothing stopping the Spurs from reaching out to Bullock's people saying hold out for the Knicks original offer or we''ll give you double the room exception.

Mugen
07-11-2019, 05:50 PM
C'mon Mug....your response to the Knicks stealing Morris is to try to throw good money at the Knicks' broken goods? Just to "send a message" to one of the stupidest franchises and worst owners in the league?

The Knicks obviously don't give a shit what the Spurs think. Meanwhile, the last thing the Spurs need is another injured guard.

Meh. I'd rather throw it at him than Trey Lyles / Klutch tbh.

He's also not even that hurt :lol

timtonymanu
07-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Shooters that aren’t defensive liabilities. At least get it right, tbh

Mugen
Anybody think Presti would have done Gallo for Forbes/Bertans/Beli and a 1st?

I'm going to be f'n pissed if the answer is yes tbh :lol

slick'81

You mean its not gonna require surgery like ny claims :(

timvp
07-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Shooters that aren’t defensive liabilities. At least get it right, tbh

Those cost $12 million and up, tbh.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Those cost $12 million and up, tbh.

Always funny how many message board GM criticisms end up holding role players to max player criteria.

Dex
07-11-2019, 05:58 PM

If he's not that hurt, he should be able to pass a physical.

I agree that the Knicks are blowing up the injury for their own gain, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Mugen
07-11-2019, 06:00 PM
If he's not that hurt, he should be able to pass a physical.

I agree that the Knicks are blowing up the injury for their own gain, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't put it past a trash organization like the Knicks to pull some sketch shit. Your best argument is why then is Bullock seemingly playing along?

timtonymanu
07-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Always funny how many message board GM criticisms end up holding role players to max player criteria.

Hardy har har. “Look at us OGs on Spurstalk. When’s the next GTG? t park needs his 9th meal of the day.”

Pavlov
07-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Hardy har har. “Look at us OGs on Spurstalk. When’s the next GTG? t park needs his 9th meal of the day.”If you're able to make that joke, how are you not OG?

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Uncanny how the timing of the problem discovered in Bullock's physical matched up with the report of the Knick offer to Morris.

Dex
07-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't put it past a trash organization like the Knicks to pull some sketch shit. Your best argument is why then is Bullock seemingly playing along?

He doesn't seem to be playing along. He is set to lose a big payday, whether it be due to legitimate injury or the Knick's making stuff up. That is the most likely reason why we haven't seen any new agreements reached yet.

Either way...the Spurs are gutted at guard. He has no incentive to come here, and the Spurs have no incentive to offer him money...especially just to do so out of spite.

Worst case scenario: Take the loss, and save the MLE for a buyout candidate.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Hardy har har. “Look at us OGs on Spurstalk. When’s the next GTG? t park needs his 9th meal of the day.”

https://media.giphy.com/media/SkAtcgGZ8ub1C/giphy.gif

Damn. You're hard bro.

BWS-1994
07-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Anybody think Presti would have done Gallo for Forbes/Bertans/Beli and a 1st?

I'm going to be f'n pissed if the answer is yes tbh :lol

Now that OKC is having a fire sale, Galo is who I’m hoping for.

But Grant was acquired in exchange for only a 1st rounder? Does Forbes, Beli, 1st work?

Mugen
07-11-2019, 06:32 PM

:lol Fuck

DAF86
07-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Pull a non-cuck move for once and sign this guy.

DAF86
07-11-2019, 06:57 PM
A lot of Bullock and Belinelli comparissons, but, at least, Bullock has the physical tools to at least compete on the defensive end. He would be a starter, imho.