PDA

View Full Version : Things have been brutal since manu , Tim and Tony left

Sanjohnny2018
07-12-2019, 04:39 AM
Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal. It doesn’t even feel like I’m watching the Spurs anymore. And I thought things were bad when we had Kyle 13 minute mile Anderson. It’s been frustrating watching the Rockets land Westbrook ( even though some people here for some reason I don’t understand didn’t want him), the Lakers landed Davis, the Clippers landed the best player in the league ( who ESPN all of a sudden acknowledged when he left SA), the nets landed KD and can I go go on and on. And who did we get ? Some random dude Lyles? Another year of LA shooting fade away jumpers and DR scoring 19 points per game seems inevitable. You know things are bad when people were excited with a potential Morris signing. Will things change soon? The only two Spurs that somewhat remind me of the old guard are Mills and Beli, everyone else does not seem to have what the championship teams had. Expecting the classic ”shit thread” or “he only has x number of posts what can you expect” trash talk.

ceperez
07-12-2019, 04:46 AM
Just have to move on and not dwell on the past.

Spurs are elite in their player development. That's what I follow. White definitely a plus.

Walker looks ready to go.

Samanic and Johnson look like they have the talent to take it next level.

Surprised to see Forbes beat expectations.

Too bad we lost Bertans.

Hyperhypo
07-12-2019, 05:20 AM
Big markets are hurting competitive basketball even more so than ever before. Unfortunately small markets, in the long run, wont stand a chance unless something changes.

Spurs4#5
07-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Brutal would be the Kings, knicks, suns, and bulls. Spurs fans need to get a firmer grip on reality and stop being so fucking whinny because we didn’t get Marcus Morris.

Gervin44Silas13
07-12-2019, 06:29 AM
RELAX Bro!!!!

look at it this way

NBA IS WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Houston will imploded w/Westbrick
KD in Booklyn is a BIG question Mark......KD has ALOT of Miles on him....he wont be back the same
LA Fakers Lebron is on his last legs.....the HIV Fakers will start losing and he will be bitchin
GS ha ha No one is scared of them anymore that cocksucker Thompson...it will take him a whole season to recover (they are Spurs 2010)
Clippers only have 2 stars...KL is doing it for the money they wont win a championship....a injury will fuck this
team

Spurs will be up there and under the radar ......just watch

Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal. It doesn’t even feel like I’m watching the Spurs anymore. And I thought things were bad when we had Kyle 13 minute mile Anderson. It’s been frustrating watching the Rockets land Westbrook ( even though some people here for some reason I don’t understand didn’t want him), the Lakers landed Davis, the Clippers landed the best player in the league ( who ESPN all of a sudden acknowledged when he left SA), the nets landed KD and can I go go on and on. And who did we get ? Some random dude Lyles? Another year of LA shooting fade away jumpers and DR scoring 19 points per game seems inevitable. You know things are bad when people were excited with a potential Morris signing. Will things change soon? The only two Spurs that somewhat remind me of the old guard are Mills and Beli, everyone else does not seem to have what the championship teams had. Expecting the classic ”shit thread” or “he only has x number of posts what can you expect” trash talk.

Gervin44Silas13
07-12-2019, 06:31 AM
look at the contract he got in NY fat contracts make you fat and lazy

Brutal would be the Kings, knicks, suns, and bulls. Spurs fans need to get a firmer grip on reality and stop being so fucking whinny because we didn’t get Marcus Morris.

exstatic
07-12-2019, 06:32 AM
There are fans of other franchises that would be very happy with 2 consecutive playoff years, let alone 22.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 06:57 AM
The Duncan years were the best a fanbase can get. Now is normal. But it's a great normal -- the team is competitive with three bright young guards to be excited about. Nothing can compare to Tim Duncan, but be glad we had him. Nothing ever lasts.

hater
07-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Spurs made it worse by giving away Latino award contracts to the likes of washed up Evita.

We would be in a better situation without such fuckups

jhfenton
07-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal.

The lack of perspective is stunning.

RC_Drunkford
07-12-2019, 07:43 AM
the last 3 offseasons have been horrible. We're probably another 7th/8th seed with a first round out

3&D_TBH
07-12-2019, 07:45 AM
We just came out of a dynasty. You can’t expect an immediate return to another, especially given what happened with Kawhi. It just takes time. I still believe we have the best front office in the game. And if we get back to the promise land solely through the draft and development, it will make it all the more sweeter. Other teams can seemingly only compete through snagging up free agents. I like our program much better for doing it the right way. Patience. All it takes is a couple of our young guys to blossom and we are there. It’s still fun to watch tbh. The big market teams are a dumpster fire, and they will crumble. A star can only prop them up for so long until their shaky organizational foundation fails them.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 07:49 AM
the last 3 offseasons have been horrible. We're probably another 7th/8th seed with a first round out

Yeah, having three potential young guard stars really sucks.

BatManu20
07-12-2019, 07:52 AM
The Duncan years were the best a fanbase can get. Now is normal. But it's a great normal -- the team is competitive with three bright young guards to be excited about. Nothing can compare to Tim Duncan, but be glad we had him. Nothing ever lasts.

Prime BEEF
07-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Key word there is potential which means that they currently aren’t and there’s a chance they may not ever be. We’ll know a lot more after this season. Either way these young guards won’t be franchise saving good. Interesting to watch and entertaining but spurs need to make some other moves to add around them if they want to get out of the 7-8 seed annual cycle

RC_Drunkford
07-12-2019, 07:58 AM

having those 3 has nothing to do with the moves in the offseason. I don't factor in the draft and Murray was on the team before that

YGWHI
07-12-2019, 08:08 AM
To be honest, I don't give a shit about other teams power duos. We have plenty of young guys who will be great in next years.

But when I read that a stupid asshole like Morris doesn't want to play for us because money/new york bigger city-market...Please just :shootme:shootme me

ceperez
07-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Did the Raptors not show that given a good enough team, you can luck out and win the championship?

At the start of last season, would anyone have believed that the GSW would actually lose?

Now at least there's parity in the league. With a bit of luck, the Spurs could squeak it's way to the finals.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Key word there is potential which means that they currently aren’t and there’s a chance they may not ever be. We’ll know a lot more after this season. Either way these young guards won’t be franchise saving good. Interesting to watch and entertaining but spurs need to make some other moves to add around them if they want to get out of the 7-8 seed annual cycle

A shitload of franchises would love to have our problems.

TheDoctor
07-12-2019, 08:32 AM
I like this thread.

SAGirl
07-12-2019, 08:33 AM
The downward turn started with signing Pau when Timmy retired and his humongous deal, doubled down on Patty “the culture”. Went downhill from there.

The draft is their saving grace. I do look forward to watching the development of their picks since then.

K...
07-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Do people connect that overpaying Pau helps get people like Carroll? Agents know that San Antonio will low ball young players and overpay old.

Blackhaus
07-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Brutal is being like the knicks, magic, suns, fakers, etc etc. we have 3 hall of famers retire and continue to make the playoffs. Most if not all franchises are in dark times of that happened to them. Just shows how well run this organization is. Sure there’s some negative shit that’s happened lately but compared to the rest of the league, it’s not even close.

Extra Stout
07-12-2019, 08:59 AM
These are still “the good old days.” Come 2030 or so, we’ll look fondly on these shoulder years, the last few before Pop retired, before the team became a rudderless, lottery-bound mess under the feckless leadership of Peter Holt’s unqualified millennial kids, who would rather be running art galleries or playing Xbox with kids or whatever than running a business empire.

baseline bum
07-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Uh no, brutal was after Ice left.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 09:04 AM
What a sh!t thread. You shouldn’t be allowed to start a thread when you only have 13 posts.

That being said. This is just another emo Spurs fan rant, and you knew that when you put your disclaimer at the bottom of your post. You could have stuck this to any of the other threads containing an almost exact statement, but you chose to make a brand new one to say absolutely nothing informative or worthwhile or new....just cry like all the other emo fans in here. Welcome!! Nice job! :tu

playblair
07-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Big markets are hurting competitive basketball even more so than ever before. Unfortunately small markets, in the long run, wont stand a chance unless something changes.

the thing that will save the spurs & needs to change is a move to austin........its a quick & easy fix...........every free agent would line up to play for austin........the g league team should move to san antonio

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Yes, it has been brutal only because our expectations are to contend EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Only the Patriots can say they have done better than the Spurs. We never missed the playoffs and have a young core that is beginning to blossom. Spurs are still the model franchise, period.

KDKSpurs24
07-12-2019, 10:41 AM
This is a stupid thread from a spoiled fan. Other teams have been in way worse situations for even longer. This is nothing. We were not supposed to be good for this long. This isn’t normal. Even big market/legendary teams like the Lakers and Celtics have had shitty seasons. I’m really grateful we at least continue to be competitive. People like you are going to switch teams if we ever reach lottery team status. Pitiful.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 10:41 AM
The Spurs are consistently playoff bound and have 3 outstanding young guards that can make the leap plus two or three incoming rookies who each look promising. That the F.O. has maintained a good basis while weathering one of the biggest jerk-job backstabs in sports history (nephew was MADE by the Spurs), while generating potential stars -- it's remarkable. I wish they were doing better, sure, but it's still looking good.

TXstbobcat
07-12-2019, 10:54 AM
the thing that will save the spurs & needs to change is a move to austin........its a quick & easy fix...........every free agent would line up to play for austin........the g league team should move to san antonio

terrible idea. UT teams are the only teams that get fan support in Austin.

Proxy
07-12-2019, 10:59 AM
this is the most emo beta shit post I've ever seen on this board, jesus. Get a spine

playblair
07-12-2019, 11:03 AM
terrible idea. UT teams are the only teams that get fan support in Austin.

thats the old mentality........austin mls pro soccer has major fan support

Dhbsr555
07-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Spurs have a bright future

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 11:11 AM
These are still “the good old days.” Come 2030 or so, we’ll look fondly on these shoulder years, the last few before Pop retired, before the team became a rudderless, lottery-bound mess under the feckless leadership of Peter Holt’s unqualified millennial kids, who would rather be running art galleries or playing Xbox with kids or whatever than running a business empire.

:tu Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've been in SA. That's 4 out of 46 seasons. And Spurs fan wants a pity party. :lol

TimmyBuckets
07-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Timmy commanded a whole different plane of respect. Morris would dick slap Rich Paul before he did that to a team Tim Duncan was on.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Now that I think about it, DeRozan is the perfect Spur for Spurs fans. Making close to $30 mil a season and emo as fuck.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 11:18 AM
There are fans of other franchises that would be very happy with 2 consecutive playoff years, let alone 22.

And 42 out of 46 effing years since 1973. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Uh no, brutal was after Ice left.

:tu If there was a "brutal" time in Spurs history it was the late 80s when they missed the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons and the potential of relocation, not to mention whether or not DRob would actually be a Spur.

But otherwise, Spurs fans are some spoiled MFers.

TXstbobcat
07-12-2019, 11:26 AM
thats the old mentality........austin mls pro soccer has major fan support

that trendy Austin mentality. They will support it the first year when it’s new there and then move on to something else.

ZeusWillJudge
07-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Things have been brutal since manu , Tim and Tony left (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280506)

Brutal? You call this brutal?

Brutal is when Starbucks has a new barrista, and he doesn't re-order the soy milk.
Brutal is when you're in a non-4G town for, like, hours.
Brutal is when you come up with a really cool Challenge on YouTube, and it doesn't go viral.
Brutal is when they won't let you put Alize on the EBT.

Not winning a Championship in any of the last 5 consecutive playoff runs is not brutal.

rjv
07-12-2019, 11:55 AM
things have really been brutal in ST since then as well.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 11:59 AM
things have really been brutal in ST since then as well.

:tu

:lol

daslicer
07-12-2019, 12:03 PM
The only thing that has been brutal since the big 3 retired is all the drama and injuries the Spurs have had to endure the last few years. The drama with the #2 saga the last 2 years was tiring along with bs drama with Klutch/Morris. That's the thing that irritates me the most is how the Spurs have had to suffer reality TV bullshit the last few years.

TheSpurglar
07-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Had to expect some lean years once Duncan, Manu and Tony retired. And even still, up until Leonard decided to leave the team had a fairly bright outlook for contention. It's pretty obvious that San Antonio isn't a huge draw when it comes to free agency, for various reasons. The Spurs brass rightly recognize that and focus on scouting, the draft and player development. Unfortunately, unless you're picking in the lottery every year, which to their credit they aren't, it can take some time for those seeds to bear fruit. And if you lose a player like that it can really set you back because of the time it takes to develop them.

No, Aldridge and DeRozan aren't elite, but they're good enough to keep the Spurs winning more than losing. Murray, White and Walker all appear to be solid players with potential to be more. How much more? Unfortunately it'll take some time to figure out. And then somehow Samanic, Keldon and Spoon all look like potential impact players as well, and two of them are still in their teens.

Actually feel pretty cautiously optimistic overall.

TheSpurglar
07-12-2019, 12:34 PM

The horror, the horror...

TheSpurglar
07-12-2019, 12:42 PM
We just came out of a dynasty. You can’t expect an immediate return to another, especially given what happened with Kawhi. It just takes time. I still believe we have the best front office in the game. And if we get back to the promise land solely through the draft and development, it will make it all the more sweeter. Other teams can seemingly only compete through snagging up free agents. I like our program much better for doing it the right way. Patience. All it takes is a couple of our young guys to blossom and we are there. It’s still fun to watch tbh. The big market teams are a dumpster fire, and they will crumble. A star can only prop them up for so long until their shaky organizational foundation fails them.

This. The Spurs, at least, recognize what they are and focus on what they do well. The majority of NBA franchises(large market or not) shoot for the moon, miss terribly, and then don't have any other plan in place and are forced to scramble. Even the ones that do hit the target tend to rest on their laurels more often than not, content that merely landing the star is enough. You could argue even the Spurs weren't immune to this during some of the Duncan years, but that they realized it, adjusted, and contended late in his career is pretty impressive in and of itself.

rjv
07-12-2019, 12:44 PM
What a sh!t thread. You shouldn’t be allowed to start a thread when you only have 13 posts.

That being said. This is just another emo Spurs fan rant, and you knew that when you put your disclaimer at the bottom of your post. You could have stuck this to any of the other threads containing an almost exact statement, but you chose to make a brand new one to say absolutely nothing informative or worthwhile or new....just cry like all the other emo fans in here. Welcome!! Nice job! :tu

:bobo

TheSpurglar
07-12-2019, 12:46 PM
having those 3 has nothing to do with the moves in the offseason. I don't factor in the draft and Murray was on the team before that

Kind of a weird caveat. If you don't factor in the draft, how many offseasons for the Spurs could you even consider all that great?

OldMan88
07-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Since large market teams and small market teams are theoretically equal in the NBA pay scale due to the salary cap, the only monetary advantage the players in large markets have is the additional revenue individual players can earn off marketing themselves in the larger market. The NBA could help equalize this difference by imposing a “hard” salary cap on the large market teams, and allow small market teams a significantly higher salary cap to help make up for the marketing opportunity differences. Of course, you’ll never be able to equalize all the other differences, but giving more salary flexibility to small market teams might help.

K...
07-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Y'all remember 08 to 11? That's worse. Watching your Hall of Fame players on a treadmill path to retirement. But with good drafting, s lucky trade, we made it back. Whatching DeRozan and lsmacus waste away gives me no such feeling. It's seat warming until we find out if the young kids can be Hof quality

R. DeMurre
07-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Gotta disagree. Most franchises go through big time losing years after three legends retire. The Spurs are still making the playoffs, and the drafting has been absolutely brilliant: D White, D Murray, L Walker, Samanic, and and K Johnson all look to be pretty high quality picks. The Celts, 76ers, and others famously tanked for years and are barely (if at all) ahead of the Spurs right now. I like the Spurs better than Houston now and they have two MVPs!

Collins21
07-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Y'all remember 08 to 11? That's worse. Watching your Hall of Fame players on a treadmill path to retirement. But with good drafting, s lucky trade, we made it back. Whatching DeRozan and lsmacus waste away gives me no such feeling. It's seat warming until we find out if the young kids can be Hof quality

Thank you I've mentioned this s many times!!!!!!! 08-11 was the worst Spurs basketball I've seen since I've a fan starting in 94. They won 50 games but those teams sucked in the playoffs and were just hard to watch and they had the big 3.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Proud!

I'm a proud Spurs fan. And I'm proud of the fact that I'm completely spoiled by the perfect storm of quite a few things going right.

Tim Duncan was the best power forward in NBA history. I'll consider a discussion that mentions Karl Malone or Kevin McHale (or a few other short list of players) but other than that, I'm lucky to have lived in a time period when he played.

On top of that, the best HC from the late 90s to about mid 2010s has been Popovich. HE is the reason why teams rest superstar players regularly. HIS INFLUENCE on other people/coaches are the reason why there is much more parity in coaching - his tree is widespread and successful. Finally, PATFO has been the epitome of how small markets can sustain continued success. Some of it was luck (drafting some players who were very underrated) but most of it was elite coaching and elite player development. David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu, Sean Elliot, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Danny Green, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, Patty Mills (in the finals) and to some degree even guys like Steven Jackson are names we know about because of success on the Spurs.

OP is whining about the inevitable. Spurs will never be the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks. San Antonio is about 1/50th of the market when you factor in endorsements, etc. Only certain FAs will come here and tolerate the Pop and the culture. Hell, we've seen the youth of today spurn this franchise - some of which are who they are today BECAUSE OF the franchise. It is what it is.

My question is - are you a fair weather Spurs fan? If the Spurs don't win another title for 30+ years, do you still watch/cheer/hope/pray/be a fan? If so, I'll be right there with you. If not, deuces. Don't whine. Don't complain. Don't post and certainly do watch or cheer. I can't stand fair weather bitches...

Legacy
07-12-2019, 02:43 PM
The only thing that has been brutal since the big 3 retired is all the drama and injuries the Spurs have had to endure the last few years. The drama with the #2 saga the last 2 years was tiring along with bs drama with Klutch/Morris. That's the thing that irritates me the most is how the Spurs have had to suffer reality TV bullshit the last few years.

:tu Great post. Agreed 100 percent! I'll be a Spurs fan till I die. We don't have to buy or steal players-- we make players. Look at the Lakers. They bought "the best NBA player on the planet since MJ" and they still missed the playoffs for the 6th year in a row. Even if we were ever to go through something like that (hopefully not, lol) ... PLEASE just take your Jerry Springer bullshit elsewhere and stay the FUCK away from my team!

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 02:57 PM
:lol this thread. Fans of a team with 5 championship wins and which has made the playoffs 22 seasons in a row and 42 out of 46 seasons talking about how "brutal" it is to be a fan.

MannyIsGod
07-12-2019, 03:13 PM
:tu Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've been in SA. That's 4 out of 46 seasons. And Spurs fan wants a pity party. :lol

Sums up perfectly what 80% of this forum is now.

Fuck, we're old man.

Legacy
07-12-2019, 03:16 PM

This. The Spurs, at least, recognize what they are and focus on what they do well. The majority of NBA franchises(large market or not) shoot for the moon, miss terribly, and then don't have any other plan in place and are forced to scramble. Even the ones that do hit the target tend to rest on their laurels more often than not, content that merely landing the star is enough. You could argue even the Spurs weren't immune to this during some of the Duncan years, but that they realized it, adjusted, and contended late in his career is pretty impressive in and of itself.

:bobo

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2019, 03:17 PM
a gangbang with adriana chechik is brutal, the spurs situation is ok.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Sums up perfectly what 80% of this forum is now.

Fuck, we're old man.

:(

timvp
07-12-2019, 03:22 PM
What's amazing is the same people who are emo now were miserable during the golden years. Calling the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard Spurs gutless worms, etc, etc :lol

Chillen
07-12-2019, 03:31 PM
The Tim, Manu and Tony era was something special. Spurs can build a contender again but that era with those players will always be a special era in Spurs basketball. Getting Leonard was a plus and minus, it helped the Spurs with their aging trio in basketball years win another ring and than he wanted out when they all retired. Be grateful the Spurs won in 2014 as that was something special to behold.

Spurs are now going through the ups and downs of trying to build another contender. If that playoff streak ends next season or in the next few seasons than so be it that was a steak started by Tim, Manu, Tony and Drob with Pop. If it ends fine they are no longer there except Pop. Pop will try his hardest to keep it going but it's not fair to put all that on Pop as the streak really belongs to the players a coach can only do so much, the players decide the games, seasons, etc.

I hope the Spurs have a good upcoming season and shock the basketball world. Go Spurs Go.

Legacy
07-12-2019, 03:34 PM
What's amazing is the same people who are emo now were miserable during the golden years. Calling the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard Spurs gutless worms, etc, etc :lol

I saw a few posts today where they were still bitching about them (the Big 3). And they're RETIRED.. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Look at the Phoenix Suns if you want to see brutal. Heck, look at the Lakers the last six seasons. That's brutal.

"Challenging" is probably a more appropriate description, but I'd say the Spurs have persevered better than most teams would have. Look, we just saw the Oklahoma City Thunder get blown up in a two week span due to nephew...the Spurs have weathered the storm far better than folks give them credit for.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 03:38 PM

I've concluded it's compensating for a miserable existence. Folks project their own misery on whatever team they're supposedly a fan of.

phxspurfan
07-12-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm ready for Lonnie Walker to make his ascension tbh. And one of Murray/White to become the next great defender

phxspurfan
07-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Heck, look at the Lakers the last six seasons. That's brutal.

And yet every one of their games was on national TV, so we could watch them implode in front of everyone.

Realdeal1
07-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Losing Kawhi was brutal and a major setback to the franchise tbh but things are starting to look up with the future core of White , Murray, and Walker... hopefully one of them breaks out into a star...spurs also seem to be getting their cap situation in order for 2021 free agency ( hopefully having 2 max slots available to add to their young core . They may not be contenders this season but I’m excited to watch this team grow and develop...it’s the perfect blend of youth and veterans .. great mix of ( re-building and competing at the same time )

timtonymanu
07-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Lol shit thread tbh

Mugen
07-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Lol shit thread tbh

:lol "The 80s were worse so we're good with 1st round exits and being a treadmill team"
:lol "Drink Drain-O, I know the janitor at the AT&T Center"
:lol "You ungrateful fucks should be lucky to have Bryn Forbes on the team"

slick'81
07-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Watching patty mills in the playoffs was brutal

Marcus Bryant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MjgykuVq64

spurraider21
loved seeing that thread get bumped after falling behind 6-2 in the opening minute of the game

Marcus Bryant
I've concluded it's compensating for a miserable existence. Folks project their own misery on whatever team they're supposedly a fan of.

Basically.

baseline bum
07-12-2019, 05:02 PM
a gangbang with adriana chechik is brutal, the spurs situation is ok.

link?

timtonymanu
07-12-2019, 05:04 PM
:lol "The 80s were worse so we're good with 1st round exits and being a treadmill team"
:lol "Drink Drain-O, I know the janitor at the AT&T Center"
:lol "You ungrateful fucks should be lucky to have Bryn Forbes on the team"

I think the thread is dumb but lol at the old school guys circlejerking themselves in here again.

Mugen
07-12-2019, 05:05 PM
link?

kobyz
07-13-2019, 05:43 PM
It was pretty bad, but it's only the start and will get even worse, there is some kind of curse that keep lingering, it is here like forever, when we had Timmy we could be saved from it to a degree, but since he had been gone, I think the only solution for the curse is to move the team from San Antonio, and sooner the better...

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 05:50 PM

cutewizard
07-13-2019, 08:37 PM
:fro

cutewizard
07-13-2019, 08:42 PM
Cycles come and cycles go

DMC
07-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Ours was a mini-series. It's over. You don't need to stare at the screen and judge the next couple hours of static.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
07-13-2019, 10:48 PM
Tim, Manu and Tony got old and are gone, we all knew that would eventually happen. Losing Kawhitter is something to be pissed about.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 11:41 PM
Spurs fan is one spoiled MFer.

SAGirl
07-13-2019, 11:42 PM
Brutal? You call this brutal?

Brutal is when Starbucks has a new barrista, and he doesn't re-order the soy milk.
Brutal is when you're in a non-4G town for, like, hours.
Brutal is when you come up with a really cool Challenge on YouTube, and it doesn't go viral.
Brutal is when they won't let you put Alize on the EBT.

Not winning a Championship in any of the last 5 consecutive playoff runs is not brutal.
:rollinyour humor is on fire lately Zeus!

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-14-2019, 08:07 AM
Teams like Charlotte, Phoenix, Minnesota know what brutal is. I've been a fan of this team since 1989 and I can honestly say besides the year David got hurt that I've been blessed to always see a team that has been competitive.

I think we will be better this season barring injuries and I'm super excited to see the progression of our young guys. That's more than what the Hornets and Knicks fans can say about their team.