PDA

View Full Version : 2022 depth chart

Dhbsr555
07-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Name your future spurs depth chart

Excessive Egotist
07-12-2019, 09:52 AM
The Spurs' 2021 plan seems to be to load up on a very promising young roster (Murray, Walker, Luka, Johnson, Q, etc...) but leave back enough cap space for two max players, allowing someone like Giannis a very good core, his choice of a second max teammate, and, perhaps, a say in the next head coach. The rosiest scenario may include letting Giannis bring Bud with him. The odds are super long the Spurs could pull something like this off, but....

Murray
Walker
Johnson
Tatum
Giannis

Dhbsr555
07-12-2019, 09:56 AM
I think the question is how much are we gonna have to dish out for white and Murray

Excessive Egotist
07-12-2019, 10:06 AM
I think the question is how much are we gonna have to dish out for white and Murray

In order to maintain max space(s) in 2021, I don't think Spurs will extend White early and his cap hold is only like 9MM. The question is will his cap hold and extensions (Murray, Jakob) prevent the Spurs from having two max slots in 2021. Depends on cap. It will be tight.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2019, 10:13 AM
I think the development of the young talent will dictate direction for 2022...so really too early to call. I'd say we'll know a lot more after this season unfolds.

I would like to see Bud back here, though, also. Chances are, with the east being weak, that Milwaukee gets over the hump and gets into the Finals this year. Giannis might be the new king of the east thanks to Kawhi defecting. If Milwaukee makes the finals the next two years, even if they lose both, there's no way Milwaukee is going to part with Bud. And at that point he'll have his own Popovich legacy in that city so he won't be going anywhere by choice either.

Nice to think about though. :tu

Seventyniner
07-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Given how much priority PATFO is putting on 2021 free agency, I think the most important 2-3 players on the 2021-2022 Spurs might not even be on the team right now.

Excessive Egotist
07-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Agreed. Pop wants to win now, of course. But Buford will be thrilled if the team goes into summer 2021 with double max space and at least one player who is/will be an All Star on roster.

The challenge is getting an FA to move to SA. If Buford gets a big fish, that player can recruit the second.

If the Spurs take on any sizable non-extension money into 2021, it will only be for players who are easily moved. A guy with a certain trade market. Everyone has space that summer, so clearing cap will be easy.

SpurPadre
07-12-2019, 07:24 PM
C-Poetl-Random old fuck had for peanuts no one else wanted
PF-LMA-Another random old fuck no one else wanted-Luka still not ready cuz he's soft AF
SF-DeRozan-Keldon
SG-Forbes (while continuing to be a net negative and one of very worst starters in the league)-Another Euro trash overdraft
PG-Mills (after Murray bolts to LA and White is out of the league for being an overrated fuck)-Weatherspoon

Admit it, you guys know this is possible! To keep the "culture" :lmao

GrapplingYautja
07-12-2019, 07:33 PM
C-Poetl-Random old fuck had for peanuts no one else wanted
PF-LMA-Another random old fuck no one else wanted-Luka still not ready cuz he's soft AF
SF-DeRozan-Keldon
SG-Forbes (while continuing to be a net negative and one of very worst starters in the league)-Another Euro trash overdraft
PG-Mills (after Murray bolts to LA and White is out of the league for being an overrated fuck)-Weatherspoon

Admit it, you guys know this is possible! To keep the "culture" :lmao

Bend over. I'll show you "culture".

Dhbsr555
07-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Bend over. I'll show you "culture".
I like your confidence lol

TimDunkem
07-12-2019, 08:33 PM
All I know is that Patty Mills will still be on the team getting PT.

slick'81
07-12-2019, 08:55 PM
All I know is that Patty Mills will still be on the team getting PT.

Death,taxes and teachers pet tbh

spurraider21
07-12-2019, 09:10 PM
murray/white/walker/samanic/TBH