PDA

View Full Version : [Wasserman] Spurs have the best, 16th best and 24th best summer league performers

D WHITE
07-12-2019, 02:53 PM
At least the young ballers are showing out.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844987-ranking-the-top-25-nba-summer-league-players-so-far

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2019, 02:55 PM
:tu

ceperez
07-12-2019, 02:59 PM
and the best player in Summer League?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844987-ranking-the-top-25-nba-summer-league-players-so-far#slide13

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Doesn't mean a ton, but for Lonnie, if he is to amount to shit this is exactly what he should be doing against this level of talent :tu

Glad to see him dominating on limited time at that

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:05 PM
None of the most HYPED lottery picks are even in the Top 10....

lol

A lot of lottery picks aren't even playing..

r0drig0lac
07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
it's normal

cjw
07-12-2019, 03:18 PM
A lot of lottery picks aren't even playing..

Is it nagging injuries or the fact that they’re not signed yet?

rjv
07-12-2019, 03:19 PM
the spurs success this year will be predicated upon the growth of lonnie, derrick and murray more than anything else. and also, water is wet.

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2019, 03:20 PM

probably scared of injuries. Some are still playing. That Barrett kid has been shit.

exstatic
07-12-2019, 03:22 PM
They shouldn't even rate a guy like Cameron Payne, who has been in the NBA for 5 years. WTF?

ceperez
07-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Knicks pick #3 RJ Barrett underwelming: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2845100-buying-or-selling-rj-barretts-bizarre-summer-league-showing-so-far

Too bad Lonnie Walker IV didn't face up with him and totally destroy his confidence.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Idk, haven't looked more into it.. I just don't think their teams want them playing, especially after they saw Zion get banged up.

probably scared of injuries. Some are still playing. That Barrett kid has been shit.

Yeah, he's had one good game thus far. It's the effect that NY has on a man's career :tu

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Zion wasn't much better

He played what? 9 minutes in the SL? Scored 11? Fucking mugged Kevin Knox for the ball and threw down a powerful slam over him?

tonight...you
07-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Who was the poster here saying Zion is a fat fuck and not worth a shit?
He's looking like a prophet right about now.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:39 PM
Knicks pick #3 RJ Barrett underwelming: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2845100-buying-or-selling-rj-barretts-bizarre-summer-league-showing-so-far

Too bad Lonnie Walker IV didn't face up with him and totally destroy his confidence.

Lonnie's jumper and confidence has been on point so far.. He is elevating high for the jumper, which he will be able to rely on in the big league. He's been active in passing lanes.. Him hustling back for chase down blocks are well loved plays here for the coaching staff (see Danny and Jonathan)

At this point IMO for Lonnie, any issue will be between his ears. Either he sits and defers to the older men that have more experience, or he takes the bull by the horns and forces his PT.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Ok stan

Use whatever cute Internet term you want, couldn't give a fuck less about him or the Pelicans. What I said is fact.

Only thing you've said that isn't hating is him being fat.. He definitely needs to slim down.

tonight...you
07-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Lonnie's jumper and confidence has been on point so far.. He is elevating high for the jumper, which he will be able to rely on in the big league. He's been active in passing lanes.. Him hustling back for chase down blocks are well loved plays here for the coaching staff (see Danny and Jonathan)

At this point IMO for Lonnie, any issue will be between his ears. Either he sits and defers to the older men that have more experience, or he takes the bull by the horns and forces his PT.
You hit the nail on the head.

John B
07-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Tbh Lonnie looks like a man among boys out there. This kid’s development has been off the chart!

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Tbh Lonnie looks like a man among boys out there. This kid’s development has been off the chart!

He's having fun too.. smiling and clapping (the good kind not the Jeff Ayers kind) after plays. He's clearly comfortable. Hope he brings that same attitude come October :tu

I've been noticing Murray trying to talk down to him (in a motivational type of way) on Instagram (even though he's a year and one season ahead of him) would be nice to see Lonnie tell him to go fuck himself (figuratively at least) and assert his own claim to a leadership role on the squad.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:48 PM
All of whom were better than Zion, in my opinion.

/Discussion

John B
07-12-2019, 03:53 PM
I was hoping Metu would show off his development. Ewwbanks has displayed a lot of offensive skills and could very much get picked up by another team, in case he doesn’t pan out with Spurs.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Zion wasn't much better

but zionstans will stan

Both RJ and Zion look a lot shorter and "not long" as a consequence Zion had problems with length and strength in summer league. What does he doe when he is up against Davis or even Poltl in the paint?

but he is fat

lol

ESPN hyped that Duke team up to the gills. Best team ever. A lot of teams bit.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 03:59 PM
I was hoping Metu would show off his development. Ewwbanks has displayed a lot of offensive skills and could very much get picked up by another team, in case he doesn’t pan out with Spurs.

I think Eubanks scoring has been boosted because decent post play from the bigs overall in the SL has been almost non-existent.. at least I haven't seen it. It's been all guards and forwards. He has shown the good timing, tracking, and recovery skills on the blocks though..

Metu.. smh. He should be a SF, just has zero SF skills.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 04:00 PM
ESPN hyped that Duke team up to the gills. Best team ever. A lot of teams bit.

Who would you have drafted 1st overall?

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Who would you have drafted 1st overall?

A GM in that position probably gets fired for trading that pick away, but I probably would have. Maybe Zion is good, but he doesn't even project in a position in the NBA. The fact that he's a fat fuck right now isn't a good sign. Barrett has the same entitled mentality with few skills to speak of.

BackHome
07-12-2019, 04:09 PM
I said it before this draft was really weak on game changing talent. Lots of decent players but no dominant will be franchise altering type of player. I think a lot of players were over hyped which was good for us in getting the silent but deadly kinda players.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Meanwhile, I like Drew Eubanks a lot. He's really athletic for his size and is a chippy dick to opposing players on the court. He has nice hands and seems to know where to cut to get to the basket. I don't project him much beyond a third center, but if he can develop a J and cut down on the fouls, he's not bad.

DJR210
07-12-2019, 04:16 PM
The fact that he's a fat fuck right now isn't a good sign. Barrett has the same entitled mentality with few skills to speak of.

Kids eat a lot of junk food. They have to crack the whip and assign him an assistant/chef tbh. He is gonna get the cardio now w/ the NBA schedule, but he obviously needs to change his diet.

Mr. Body
07-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Kids eat a lot of junk food. They have to crack the whip and assign him an assistant/chef tbh. He is gonna get the cardio now w/ the NBA schedule, but he obviously needs to change his diet.

Kids eat a lot of junk food but they also run around and play outside. Zion looks like he's been sitting on his ass since March.

ceperez
07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I said it before this draft was really weak on game changing talent. Lots of decent players but no dominant will be franchise altering type of player. I think a lot of players were over hyped which was good for us in getting the silent but deadly kinda players.

Can't just be this year's draft but also last year!

Who was drafted in 2018 and didn't show up?

Didn't Keldon Johnson matchup up well against Miles Bridges (#12 2018 NBA Draft)?

DJR210
07-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Kids eat a lot of junk food but they also run around and play outside. Zion looks like he's been sitting on his ass since March.

Yeah, dude looked more out of shape than his usual in game 1

phxspurfan
07-12-2019, 05:04 PM
None of the most HYPED lottery picks are even in the Top 10....

lol

Those guys are beyond SL. They are busy working on their shoe deals.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
I think Eubanks scoring has been boosted because decent post play from the bigs overall in the SL has been almost non-existent.. at least I haven't seen it. It's been all guards and forwards. He has shown the good timing, tracking, and recovery skills on the blocks though..

Metu.. smh. He should be a SF, just has zero SF skills.and zero PF and C skills.

phxspurfan
07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Meanwhile, I like Drew Eubanks a lot. He's really athletic for his size and is a chippy dick to opposing players on the court. He has nice hands and seems to know where to cut to get to the basket. I don't project him much beyond a third center, but if he can develop a J and cut down on the fouls, he's not bad.

If he can develop into a Kelly Olynyk type (spry, average defense, average jumper) that would be more than enough to stay on an NBA roster

exstatic
07-12-2019, 05:10 PM
He's having fun too.. smiling and clapping (the good kind not the Jeff Ayers kind) after plays. He's clearly comfortable. Hope he brings that same attitude come October :tu

I've been noticing Murray trying to talk down to him (in a motivational type of way) on Instagram (even though he's a year and one season ahead of him) would be nice to see Lonnie tell him to go fuck himself (figuratively at least) and assert his own claim to a leadership role on the squad.

The ABSOLUTE last thing we need is a replay of the Mavericks 3Js disaster, where they bickered and fought, and ultimately all left the franchise.

phxspurfan
07-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Yeah but like his surname's sake John "hot plate" Williams(and DeMarcus Russel NFL)

JaMarcus Russell didn't fail because of fat, he failed because he was a knuclehead

DJR210
07-12-2019, 07:15 PM
and zero PF and C skills.

True.. all I can honestly say I've seen him do that looks like a strength is a quick jump and decent vertical

DJR210
07-12-2019, 07:18 PM
The ABSOLUTE last thing we need is a replay of the Mavericks 3Js disaster, where they bickered and fought, and ultimately all left the franchise.

I don't want that either, but you walk a fine line as an unproven player trying to be the alpha and talk to people like they're beneath you. I've been seeing some of these motivational messages DJ has been sending to Lonnie and it's like Lonnie is a kid under his wing, but dude is only 2 years ahead of him. We'll see how it plays out

DJR210
07-12-2019, 07:19 PM
JaMarcus Russell didn't fail because of fat, he failed because he was a knuclehead

JaMarcus Russell failed IMO because he was sipping (and selling apparently) drank by the gallon and eating a fuck load of food when he was leaning and high