PDA

View Full Version : Perfect trade for the Spurs opinions please.........

Payote75
07-12-2019, 11:53 PM
What do you guys think of a swap of DD for Wiggins and I'm ok with his contract reason being mills and LA will still be coming off the books in two years and we still have belli or mills as a trade chip. Minny wants a star for Towns and worst case scenario for them they clear the space in one year or two depending on DD player option.

i think chip could help Wiggins as well as pop defensively his skills are all there just has to be awakened all around reminds me of kawitter light but the guy hasn't been coached up rt and I think it gives us a starting 5 of primarily youth accept for LA.

LA
Poertl
Wiggins
White
Murray
There is a lot of athleticism in that line up youth defense hustle I'd even sweeten the pot in the trade if I had to. Lol
Our bench solid still with some youth and vets good mix....along with flexibility to make another smaller move.
The reason I'd take this trade is the the kid is young and locked up for four years again what are the chances SA draws a superstar here with all the cap space and there will be cap space regardless in two years when it's needed cause next year free agent class I believe is awful.

thoughts???

Joseph Kony
07-12-2019, 11:56 PM
Wiggins is garbage. dude doesnt even like playing basketball :lmao

slick'81
07-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Dont want the extra two years and 65+mil

Rosewood
07-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Nah, Demar is a better player and a better fit.

In my opinion.

palangi
07-13-2019, 12:08 AM
If a could get Covington too then hell yeah. Add mills to it and the money adds up

Payote75
07-13-2019, 12:08 AM
Really??? I wouldn't call him garbage look at his numbers inside his numbers the guy hasn't had that fire lit. He was exiled by Lebron and has had coach after coach system after system and again in the right system he has a lot of untapped potential which we could unlock. And he scores 18.5 pts while looking like he is asleep disinterested kawitter looked sleepy to in the beginning then pop started poking him in the chest lol. But we unlocked kawitter. And taken on Wiggins contract we can take all the money off the books in two years with la mills and possibly DD but who we signing who will commit here? I'd rather have one locked up and put all my efforts into just luring one dude.
i get it though but just think with a white Murray back court and Lonnie looming Wiggins gives us more complete team and I think he be playing with a lot more talent to be honest.

Payote75
07-13-2019, 12:13 AM
Nah, Demar is a better player and a better fit.

In my opinion.

DD is the better player but what's the age difference? And what's the defensive difference? And grow much better?

Joseph Kony
07-13-2019, 12:15 AM
DeRozan scores points too, and did plenty more in Toronto. that doesnt mean shit tbh. Wiggins literally does nothing well on the court. all his advanced stats are bad and his shooting %s arent great either. would rather let Demar walk and free up space rather than take on another shit contract for the sake of making a move

Ignazzz
07-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Really??? I wouldn't call him garbage look at his numbers inside his numbers the guy hasn't had that fire lit. He was exiled by Lebron and has had coach after coach system after system and again in the right system he has a lot of untapped potential which we could unlock. And he scores 18.5 pts while looking like he is asleep disinterested kawitter looked sleepy to in the beginning then pop started poking him in the chest lol. But we unlocked kawitter. And taken on Wiggins contract we can take all the money off the books in two years with la mills and possibly DD but who we signing who will commit here? I'd rather have one locked up and put all my efforts into just luring one dude.
i get it though but just think with a white Murray back court and Lonnie looming Wiggins gives us more complete team and I think he be playing with a lot more talent to be honest.

very bad idea
he is cancer with large ego and some work ethic issue
please dont be box score „ ESPN” oriented guy
see adv stats

Payote75
07-13-2019, 12:25 AM
DeRozan scores points too, and did plenty more in Toronto. that doesnt mean shit tbh. Wiggins literally does nothing well on the court. all his advanced stats are bad and his shooting %s arent great either. would rather let Demar walk and free up space rather than take on another shit contract for the sake of making a move

The guy is a 44% career shooter who did he have on Minny to help him besides towns where were the shooters and scorers. And still 24 years old. Played for 50 coaches hasn't really had a firm base of development. I hear your point though.p but so we are clear not saying this for the sake of making a move I'm saying it for the sake of ,extinguish the youth play and Wiggins automatically becomes part of that core youth and I think pop and chip can get the best out of him. To emits a buy low candidate.

with that being said say we have all this money in two years who we bringing hoping that we developed Wiggins into a superstar it would be a lot easier drawing one star than two. We couldn't even land a bozo like Morris.

Mr. Body
07-13-2019, 12:29 AM
Wiggins is one of the worst contracts we have ever seen.

UnWantedTheory
07-13-2019, 12:30 AM
For starters, that isn't a perfect trade. We may not be doing much in the next two years but we would be better off with DD during that time. Wiggins is too expensive of a gamble just because you hope and pray Pop and Chip can miraculously transform him. Lay off the peyote bruh.

XDT76
07-13-2019, 12:33 AM
The guy is a 44% career shooter who did he have on Minny to help him besides towns where were the shooters and scorers. And still 24 years old. Played for 50 coaches hasn't really had a firm base of development. I hear your point though.p but so we are clear not saying this for the sake of making a move I'm saying it for the sake of ,extinguish the youth play and Wiggins automatically becomes part of that core youth and I think pop and chip can get the best out of him. To emits a buy low candidate.

with that being said say we have all this money in two years who we bringing hoping that we developed Wiggins into a superstar it would be a lot easier drawing one star than two. We couldn't even land a bozo like Morris.

If our guys develop as projected the money will go to Murray, Poeltl, White and Lonnie

Payote75
07-13-2019, 12:41 AM
For starters, that isn't a perfect trade. We may not be doing much in the next two years but we would be better off with DD during that time. Wiggins is too expensive of a gamble just because you hope and pray Pop and Chip can miraculously transform him. Lay off the peyote bruh.

i should of prefaced it "in my opinion" it's the perfect trade. And sometimes you do have to roll the dice to come out on top. Lakers rockets clippers philly Brooklyn that's all the league does is roll the dice and if I have to take a Leap of faith it's going be with our front office and our coaching staff. If your known for making careers it's worth it to me. It's teams that do not have the proven track record that usually risk with no reward but looking around the league over the years and now players and coaches etc that are from the Spurs tree are everywhere. Got to have faith somewhere and if we can't go out and get an Anthony Davis or Greek freak etc. sometimes you buy a moderate fixer upper and make it appreciate in value. And the spurs are known for doing that.

buujness
07-13-2019, 12:43 AM
The problem with Wiggins is that he doesn't seem to care about basketball all that much. Guy is in it for the money, not the winning or love of the game.

XDT76
07-13-2019, 12:51 AM
i should of prefaced it "in my opinion" it's the perfect trade. And sometimes you do have to roll the dice to come out on top. Lakers rockets clippers philly Brooklyn that's all the league does is roll the dice and if I have to take a Leap of faith it's going be with our front office and our coaching staff. If your known for making careers it's worth it to me. It's teams that do not have the proven track record that usually risk with no reward but looking around the league over the years and now players and coaches etc that are from the Spurs tree are everywhere. Got to have faith somewhere and if we can't go out and get an Anthony Davis or Greek freak etc. sometimes you buy a moderate fixer upper and make it appreciate in value. And the spurs are known for doing that.

If I were to take faith with the staffs I will stick to players that were developed by them from the start and not get someone who had developed bad habit and attitude from another team and try to change them.

TXstbobcat
07-13-2019, 01:39 AM
Wiggins is trash. All of my coworkers are Wolves fans and they all hate Wiggins and his overpaid contract.

gambit1990
07-13-2019, 01:51 AM
ugh.

gambit1990
07-13-2019, 01:53 AM
spurs had a shot at westbrook. it’s more clear than ever they won’t trade demar. and no one hopes i’m wrong more than me.

leo07251413
07-13-2019, 01:53 AM
Not a good idea at all.

Noey7448
07-13-2019, 02:57 AM
Now if wolves did Wiggins, covington, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd,
2022 pick swap for Derozen and Beli then I'd consider this trade. Remember your not just trading a bust, but they're also clearing up like 70mill in early cap space. This I would do with how well we developed talent. And yes I think it is reasonable considering what OKC got for Westbrook.

LASToog36
07-13-2019, 04:34 AM
Trippin..i think demar comes out ballin this year

Hyperhypo
07-13-2019, 05:29 AM
i agree. DeRozen didnt have a summer with pop, he was thrown in right before preseason. It looks like he is willing to grow as a player

Hyperhypo
07-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Patty Mills for Marcus Morris......

buttsR4rebounding
07-13-2019, 07:03 AM

I agree. I also believe he will have a much improved 3 pt shot. I have a hunch that the Spurs will be stressing the 3 ball more this year. Did you see that they added a 4 pt line at the practice facility?

John B
07-13-2019, 08:06 AM
Demar should be better in his 2nd and contract year. Already his defense improved with Spurs and I suspect it should just get better. He has a lot of chip on his shoulder and I want him to prove himself. He needs to be hitting them 3’s to improve his game. If it doesn’t work, then move him by mid-season. I believe Murray coming back, White’s progression, should allow him to slide back to his natural position. Likewise Carroll coming in, Demar no longer needs to defend the best perimeter threat. Besides that, I question Wiggins’ team attitude with his qualms with Butler’s minutes or being the 3rd option, which arguably ruined that team. That’s not very Spurs-like. A true team player should allow others to get better while continue to shine through. Until he learns to be a true leader, pass for me.

John B
07-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Now if wolves did Wiggins, covington, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd,
2022 pick swap for Derozen and Beli then I'd consider this trade. Remember your not just trading a bust, but they're also clearing up like 70mill in early cap space. This I would do with how well we developed talent. And yes I think it is reasonable considering what OKC got for Westbrook.
Now for something like this return, ship Demar and Beli now. I think Pop would pack and drive them to the airport himself :lol

Ocotillo
07-13-2019, 08:22 AM
With the emergence of Young Three, Demar may be in a position to improve without the stats. He showed a willingness to pass last season by being the lead assist man and if he buys in even more, he can be even more of a threat. We can only hope he is working on his three this offseason.

pad300
07-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Oh hell no. Wiggins is a reclamation project on a terrible contract. Demar is a almost all-star on a cheaper contract. They would have to put about 5 first round picks in play to make that trade make sense...

cjw
07-13-2019, 09:43 AM
If they send me two unprotected firsts plus two pick swaps, I’d consider it. And one of those firsts has to be in the 2022 “double draft”

Wiggins has been horrible and shown no improvement. Demar is on a reasonable contract right now all things considered compared to how other contracts across the league have shaken out.

OP should get a suspension on being able to start threads with an idea this bad :madrun

Chinook
07-13-2019, 10:07 AM
I literally don't get it. DeMar is better than Wiggins in every conceivable way. This isn't even a bad trade; it's a miserable one.

Proxy
07-13-2019, 11:20 AM
ST’s Demar trade ideas are embarrassing

R. DeMurre
07-13-2019, 11:25 AM
Wiggins is one of the few players I wouldn't trade DeRozan for. He just doesn't do anything very well. He's a completely average player with the contract of a superstar. At least you can count on DeRozan to do what he does well.

venitian navigator
07-13-2019, 11:32 AM
as for noe ddr is one year away to be a free agent...if he plays bad (i don't think he will) or is injured (I hope he won't) he'll pick up the option. If he play well to very well he could become an unrestricted free agent...
I understand people are all about the 21 summer plan but we just had a woke up on the fact that not a lot of free agents are going to choose us as their preferred destination...so, probably, if we want to stick with DDR probably we should have already proposed an extension...otherwise trades like the Wiggins one, also if he DDR plays better than him, makes sense...(he's a lot younger and under contract for at least other three years without player option).
however looks that the trade had been proposed some times ago to Minnesota by the raptors and Minny did not accepted...but a factor could have been Wiggins being canadian...

Scottstarbuck785
07-13-2019, 11:34 AM
1 A
1 B
With chris paul contact wise if wigg was 10-12 mil a year as a 3rd option great but paying him superstar money is dumb IMO. Lets see how we mesh as a team and wait for the BO market.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Spurs get Steven Adams

Thunder get Jakob Poeltl, Patty Mills, Marco Belinelli, 1-20 protected 2020 first rounder

Thunder get 2 expirings (a plus for their cheap front office), Poeltl who is on his last year of his rookie contract (Really, really, really don’t want the Spurs to give an extension to this dude), and a potential pick. I think they accept tbh we finally get someone who won’t get his shit pushed by that fatass in Denver and can defend a Davis and Cousins frontcourt with LMA

Seventyniner
07-13-2019, 11:50 AM
I don't think the Wolves have enough assets to include in a trade to make it worthwhile for the Spurs. That Wiggins contract is crippling.

Prime BEEF
07-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Spurs get Steven Adams

Thunder get Jakob Poeltl, Patty Mills, Marco Belinelli, 1-20 protected 2020 first rounder

Thunder get 2 expirings (a plus for their cheap front office), Poeltl who is on his last year of his rookie contract (Really, really, really don’t want the Spurs to give an extension to this dude), and a potential pick. I think they accept tbh we finally get someone who won’t get his shit pushed by that fatass in Denver and can defend a Davis and Cousins frontcourt with LMA

actually I think this trade works out well for both teams. Spurs would have to find a backup center though

Blackhaus
07-13-2019, 01:58 PM
If you could through mills and belli with depression, I’d do Wiggins and Covington in a heartbeat. Covington has to come with him though

james evans
07-13-2019, 02:21 PM
yall said that last year and look what happened. DD is gonna come out blazing for the first 2 months. By Christmas he will slow down a bit. By all star break he's gonna look average. for 15 games after All Star break he's gonna look good and when the playoffs get here he will disappear again. We'll offer his sorry ass max, he'll wisely accept it, guys will say in the summer of 2020, "Derozen is gonna ball this year"...-

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-13-2019, 02:27 PM
This thread must be sarcastic. But it probably isn’t.

Ron Swanson
07-13-2019, 02:33 PM
Wiggins? :lmao

MarCowMar
07-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Kudos to OP for finding a player that makes DeRozan look good in terms of contract, ability, and mental toughness.

John B
07-13-2019, 04:17 PM
yall said that last year and look what happened. DD is gonna come out blazing for the first 2 months. By Christmas he will slow down a bit. By all star break he's gonna look average. for 15 games after All Star break he's gonna look good and when the playoffs get here he will disappear again. We'll offer his sorry ass max, he'll wisely accept it, guys will say in the summer of 2020, "Derozen is gonna ball this year"...-
Last year was his 1st year. It’s typical for new players to adjust in their 1st year. He has a lot of chip on his shoulder. So he needs to be better especially on his contract year.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Spurs would effectively take on $60MM+ in guaranteed payroll from 2021-23 for what? Minnesota would need to send back picks at a minimum and a decent prospect on a rookie contract.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Do that and next season is Pop’s last.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 05:49 PM
If the Spurs did this trade they’d basically be paying $60 mil for whatever other than Wiggins they received from Minnesota.

Payote75
07-13-2019, 11:14 PM
A lot of people here just disregarding the fact that Wiggins numbers are almost as good as DD's with a ton more potential with some stability and the right coaching he could be light years beyond DD. He is only 24 yrs old vs 30. Then you have to factor in that he fits better at the spot we need and is way better defensively. If you get a young small forward who can grow with the rest of the young core you have a solid good young team with some money available in the future. But having Wiggins at small forward allows you to roll with the starting backcourt of our future in Murray and white and possible Walker replacing white or a thre headed monster.

Im all for the Spurs trying to lure big time free agents here but if DD opts in then two years from now all that money is free who we getting realistically speaking what mega stars will come to San a notion to form a super team???? Small markets have to catch lightening in a bottle and if Wiggins reaches potential it will be way easier to have this good young team with possible emerging stars and add just one. Beside LA when ever have we gotten the prized free agent on the market or two for that matter????

is there another young 24 year old that could be had at a position of need that you guys think can be had and not for a year? Our back court is set so basically any young forward would suffice but they have to average Wiggins numbers and have potential to grow.

I'd like to hear some ideas cause it lets me dream lol.....and this coming off a rumor about Fournier please lol

slick'81
07-13-2019, 11:25 PM
This scenario has also been discussed before at nauseam

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 11:27 PM
So Pop starts hitting the magnums earlier in the season, that's about it.

Payote75
07-13-2019, 11:30 PM
maybe the Spurs should trade for Paul and sign Dwight Howard lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2019, 11:36 PM
Handle checks out.

RC_Drunkford
07-14-2019, 06:00 AM
this is the dumbest trade idea I heard in a minute and OP is still trying to convince people that it makes sense:lmao

You must be smokin some heavy shit

tonski17
07-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Demar had a taste of SPURS basketball last season, I think he will just improve from there, his assist went higher last season and I expect it to improve including his defensive awareness. compared with wiggins, DDR has the willingness to learn and improve, while Wiggins is just banking on talent. just my opinion