PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Westbrook + Harden are this generation's Parker + Manu

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 02:19 AM
They're very similar players if you think about it. You have the slashing score-first point guard who can't really shoot threes and is labeled a hero for trying to win games by himself and then you have this efficient wizard of a left-handed pass-first shooting guard who is efficient, does shoot threes and gets to the foul line a lot and shoots a high percentage.

Anyone else thought of this comparison? It's very accurate.

FrostKing
07-13-2019, 02:24 AM
Manu was the slasher and Parker the change of pace guy. So your comparison is actually opposite

But if Harden is playing PG then I could see it

Clipper Nation
07-13-2019, 09:15 AM
Frauden wishes he was Manu. And Westbrook is way better than Porker ever was.

Raven
07-13-2019, 11:55 AM
has westbrook ever set up a pick and roll?

Seventyniner
07-13-2019, 11:59 AM
As in, won't ever win shit without an all-time great big man?

Trainwreck2100
07-13-2019, 11:59 AM

Harden ain't got Manu's clutch gene, yeah Manu fucked up alot, but that's cause he was never afraid to go at it defensively and offensively.

Laker_1995
07-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Lmao

Nivek_ogre
07-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Another stupid post

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Manu was the slasher and Parker the change of pace guy. So your comparison is actually opposite

But if Harden is playing PG then I could see it

Manu was listed at SG and Tony at PG, but that's mainly because of height/weight reasons... we all knew Manu was the real PG and Tony was the 2 guard, most of the time at least.

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 01:38 PM

Will you go emo if "Choke Paul" goes back to the Clippers? I don't think it would be a bad fit, but Beverley is still on the roster so that would be a weird fit on offense and mediocre spacing at best, even though they'd probably hold the opposition to 90 PPG.

Legacy
07-13-2019, 01:52 PM
That's cute. :lmao

DC23
07-13-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't see it. Just compare attitudes and usage rate.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Harden ain't got Manu's clutch gene, yeah Manu fucked up alot, but that's cause he was never afraid to go at it defensively and offensively.
Manu's "fuck-ups" were always exaggerated by Porker fans needing a scapegoat anyway. His foul on Dirk came during a series where Porker was chucking and bricking like Kobe. And while he was turning it over against the Heat, Porker was getting his shit swatted by Bosh and disappearing against Mario Chalmers.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Will you go emo if "Choke Paul" goes back to the Clippers? I don't think it would be a bad fit, but Beverley is still on the roster so that would be a weird fit on offense and mediocre spacing at best, even though they'd probably hold the opposition to 90 PPG.
I'd laugh my ass off at CP0 if he comes back to be Pat's backup, but it's never going to happen. He's not getting bought out. Even if he did, his ego wouldn't be able to handle being a role player on the team he quit on and talked shit about.

R. DeMurre
07-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Westbrook is mostly inflexible, which makes him most unlike Parker or Manu. Plus neither of those two would ever play a style where they approached a 40% usage rate. Manu didn't even do that on Argentina's National Team.

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 03:22 PM
I don't see it. Just compare attitudes and usage rate.

Parker was always a me-first diva like RW. No question.

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 03:24 PM
I'd laugh my ass off at CP0 if he comes back to be Pat's backup, but it's never going to happen. He's not getting bought out. Even if he did, his ego wouldn't be able to handle being a role player on the team he quit on and talked shit about.

Maybe get Shaun Livingston instead for the Clippers? I still don't think having PG's who can't shoot 3s alongside Kawhi/George is a smart move.

Also, who in the starting lineup is going to be the primary ballhandler for the Clips at status quo? Beverley isn't good at it, Lou Williams is the best they have but he's a bench microwave guy.

DMC
07-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Parker was always a me-first diva like RW. No question.

Except Tony has 4 rings. If Tony had Harden, Durant and Ibaka, he'd have another ring.

hater
07-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Hard on is 20 times the player Manu was. Yet manu was better defender and overall leader and clutch. It's like comparing a fire hydrant to a ladder

Chimp is 3 times the player Parker was. Yet Parker has a human brain VS a chimps and was 100 times the leader and champ. It's like comparing a rock to a bolt

Great thread op :lol

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Except Tony has 4 rings. If Tony had Harden, Durant and Ibaka, he'd have another ring.

If Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka had more than just 2012 together, they'd have 5 rings+... see, I could play that game too

jehawk81
07-13-2019, 05:53 PM
They're very similar players if you think about it. You have the slashing score-first point guard who can't really shoot threes and is labeled a hero for trying to win games by himself and then you have this efficient wizard of a left-handed pass-first shooting guard who is efficient, does shoot threes and gets to the foul line a lot and shoots a high percentage.

Anyone else thought of this comparison? It's very accurate.

Shut the fuck up!

Millennial_Messiah
07-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Shut the fuck up!

Homer response/10

MultiTroll
07-13-2019, 07:48 PM
PYF

Spurtacular
07-14-2019, 06:30 AM
CP and Harden were Parker and Manu. The former very unnecessary in both cases. Fortunately, Manu had TD. Harden only had Capella.

ElNono
07-14-2019, 03:28 PM
OP with the worst basketball takes ever, tbh...

Let's just help him find a buffet to take his manbeast for under $10.

DMC
07-15-2019, 05:34 PM
If Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka had more than just 2012 together, they'd have 5 rings+... see, I could play that game too

Except they also had 2011 together, idiot.

DMC
07-15-2019, 05:34 PM
PYF

Protect
Your
Food

Thread
07-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Manu, ripping out a heart with his hands, then just turning on his heels & walking away from it. It do not get better than that.

All this ranting & raving, pounding chests & carrying on only gave/gives the beaten one a cause, a shot of adrenaline. Dismissing that person as if he didn't even exist was graveling. Completely divorced from the proceedings he'd caused. & the kicker? It-wasn't-even-personal. That's when you're at peace in your own skin, top of the head-bottoms of your feet.

Millennial_Messiah
07-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Except they also had 2011 together, idiot.

They were still extremely raw at that point, and still played a hard fought 5 with the buzzsaw Mavs that year in the WCF.

SpursforSix
07-15-2019, 09:28 PM
They’re this generation’s Blacktard and Fuckwit