PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rumor: Chris Paul went to Rockets owner, told him James Harden plays for stats and not for wins

AlexJones
07-14-2019, 01:53 AM

He may be right but damn, this nigga forced his hand :lol

It is weird that JH's usage rate went way up after Chris Paul got there. He was less ball dominant playing with Lou Will and Pat Bev.

Millennial_Messiah
07-14-2019, 02:00 AM
CP:lol

AlexJones
07-14-2019, 02:07 AM
Harden probably only cared about winning in 2018 tbh, just because that team was so good.. he definitely didn't give a shit in any playoff season before that (for good reason, they weren't contenders)..

Spurtacular
07-14-2019, 06:29 AM
Seems like the Rockets were rollin' when Harden was on his 40 streak. CP had a good thing, and he blew it again.

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 07:34 AM
CP0 talking bout winning is like a broken clock being right twice a day :lol

Clipper Nation
07-14-2019, 08:53 AM
:lol CP0 is the last person on earth who gets to talk about winning. This faggot prioritizes stats and money over winning.

Chris Fall
07-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Hypocrisy doesn’t discredit the truth.

He spoke the truth.

lefty
07-14-2019, 10:34 AM

He spoke the truth.

Yup

They are both stat padding faggets

Seventyniner
07-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Then the Rockets went and traded CP0 for a player who stat-whores even worse than Harden :lol

Clipper Nation
07-14-2019, 10:58 AM

He spoke the truth.
Sure, but it's amazing how CP0 has never had a teammate he's been satisfied with. It's almost like he's the problem.

Someone needs to tell CP0 this sage advice:

https://i.imgur.com/0VorYM0.png

LkrFan
07-14-2019, 12:33 PM
:lol CP0 is the last person on earth who gets to talk about winning. This faggot prioritizes stats and money over winning.

:lmao

Divac Doesnt Flop
07-14-2019, 03:39 PM
What is Paul on about, he barely had more assists than Harden in that series vs GSW. Harden took only 6 more shots than Paul in game 6. I thought the complaint about Harden is that he goes quiet in the clutch, not that he 'pads stats' in important games.

AaronY
07-14-2019, 03:50 PM

He spoke the truth.

Thread
07-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Media has it knocked. No accountability. No checks. Nary balances. Have a lull, a beef, an unrequited desire, et al?,,,just claim a "source" & write whatever the fuck you want.

I spit on them.

MultiTroll
07-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Seems like a much more accurate article here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/details-of-chris-paul-james-harden-playoff-argument-revealed/ar-AAEjQUd?ocid=spartanntp

Boiled down? Harden grew tired of CPOs control freak ways.

Thread
07-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Seems like a much more accurate article here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/details-of-chris-paul-james-harden-playoff-argument-revealed/ar-AAEjQUd?ocid=spartanntp

Boiled down? Harden grew tired of CPOs control freak ways.

& even though I can't stand Paul ya's just knew Media was goin' to come down on Harden's side & firmly. There's no upside left on Paul. & he can't complain, Media carried his lame ass for years, puttin' him up there with the big shots, how they did Cliff Robinson way back. They'd set his ass in there among the Jordan's & such.

They're gonna walk Paul to the rocks & beat his brains out with a nice round one.

Kawhitstorm
07-15-2019, 10:22 AM

He's an analytics Nazi which is why he refused to take more than 12 shots a game.:lol

MultiTroll
07-15-2019, 06:22 PM
So perhaps the NBA is not entirely rigged and retarded?

Report: ‘No appetite’ among some NBA teams to take on final year of Chris Paul deal

According to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, based on conversations with NBA general managers, there is “almost no appetite” around the league to touch Paul’s contract, particularly the $44 million player option in 2021-22. >end snippet

Then again it says "almost no" meaning CPO may still be able to work his scam with some team? Hey it only takes one.

DMC
07-15-2019, 10:58 PM
Players like Harden, right or wrong, choose the money over the rings/team. They will be competitive but they will choose individual stats and accolades over any non sure-shot ring. If his stats end up making him 20+ more million over the course of his career (and they will make a lot more than that for him) he'd be a fucking idiot to pay that to an already wealthy own... errr.. governor to get his franchise a better box office draw. It is what it is, but money trumps hardware everywhere but on forums and in bars.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't mean the NBA. I mean the game where the average fan prefers merchandise from stat padders over guys who sacrifice for the team.

Chucho
07-16-2019, 02:38 PM
So perhaps the NBA is not entirely rigged and retarded?

Report: ‘No appetite’ among some NBA teams to take on final year of Chris Paul deal

According to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, based on conversations with NBA general managers, there is “almost no appetite” around the league to touch Paul’s contract, particularly the $44 million player option in 2021-22. >end snippet

Then again it says "almost no" meaning CPO may still be able to work his scam with some team? Hey it only takes one.

What's the scam? He negotiated a contract, an employer agreed to the terms. It was a mutually agreeable relationship.

UZER
07-16-2019, 02:55 PM
Harden does only care about his stats. When the going gets really tough in the playoffs, he mentally checks out because he already had a stat padded season to his satisfaction. He’s good to shut it down.

Thread
07-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Players like Harden, right or wrong, choose the money over the rings/team. They will be competitive but they will choose individual stats and accolades over any non sure-shot ring. If his stats end up making him 20+ more million over the course of his career (and they will make a lot more than that for him) he'd be a fucking idiot to pay that to an already wealthy own... errr.. governor to get his franchise a better box office draw. It is what it is, but money trumps hardware everywhere but on forums and in bars.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't mean the NBA. I mean the game where the average fan prefers merchandise from stat padders over guys who sacrifice for the team.

It goes back to the showcased line by DeNiro---The Fan---when he lectures his son about (the sacrifice). (The player is rewarded by not charged an at bat). "Baseball is better than life, it's fair." --- it is a comprehensive lesson.

Thread
07-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Harden does only care about his stats. When the going gets really tough in the playoffs, he mentally checks out because he already had a stat padded season to his satisfaction. He’s good to shut it down.

Ooze.

Seventyniner
07-16-2019, 03:50 PM

The money is guaranteed, the rings aren't. It's hard to fault someone for choosing the cash.

And Harden got reasonably close to a ring. History remembers Barkley rather kindly despite him not winning one.

Othyus Lalanne
07-16-2019, 03:59 PM
The money is guaranteed, the rings aren't. It's hard to fault someone for choosing the cash.

And Harden got reasonably close to a ring. History remembers Barkley rather kindly despite him not winning one.
Barkley has a personality...

MultiTroll
07-16-2019, 04:31 PM
And Harden got reasonably close to a ring.
While we are pretty much unanimously negative on Paul, and deservedly so imo, he was nonetheless pretty good in some key games in 2018 when the Rockets went up 3-2 on Golden Phaggots. He was close. 2019 he sucked ass and I can't see him getting better with age. Props to him if he does.

If he gets bought out for anything over 5% I'll barf.

LkrFan
07-17-2019, 04:27 PM

:lol

LkrFan
07-17-2019, 04:42 PM

:lol