PDA

View Full Version : New Assistant Coach: The Great Timothy Theodore Duncan (Confirmed by Spurs!)

Pages : [1] 2

FkLA
07-20-2019, 06:41 PM
95% chance of happening

per my source MoSpur02

:wow :flag:

slick'81
07-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Hope that 5% dont fck it up tbh:smokin

playblair
07-20-2019, 06:48 PM
only if vanessa macias is allowed to be on the bench as well

Duncan87
07-20-2019, 06:52 PM
MoSpur new tspence. Lol

picnroll
07-20-2019, 06:54 PM
That should solve the Spurs’ culture thing. Maybe they could trade Patty.

Chillen
07-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Wow, having Tim on the bench again would be huge for this team just his presence alone. Maybe he might go on to replace Pop as head coach, Tim always struck me with his knowledge of the game as head coaching material.

timtonymanu
07-20-2019, 07:05 PM
MoSpur new tspence. Lol

MoSpur deserves more respect than that tbh

GreekSpursfan
07-20-2019, 07:06 PM
I'll believe when i see it. Lets hope Timmy got really bored and said why not try this shit but i'm not very optimistic.

Duncan87
07-20-2019, 07:13 PM
Been wrong as much as Chris Broussard lol

blizz
07-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Lock this shit.

slick'81
07-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Lock this shit.

Its mospur bro

gambit1990
07-20-2019, 08:02 PM
i think it should locked too. even if this turns out to be true, it’s premature regardless.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-20-2019, 08:04 PM
That should solve the Spurs’ culture thing. Maybe they could trade Patty.

This would actually mean Patty stays

phxspurfan
07-20-2019, 08:29 PM
congrats GOAT

ibtl

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2019, 08:54 PM
no chance dude's retired, and don't need the money. He ain't spending all that time away from his family neither

slick'81
07-20-2019, 08:56 PM
no chance dude's retired, and don't need the money. He ain't spending all that time away from his family neither

But the 95%

Russ
07-20-2019, 09:07 PM
95% chance of happening

per my source MoSpur02

Come on, man, you need to get to Chris Carter country (99%).

Emperor
07-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Done deal tbh.

BWS-1994
07-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Part of the deal says he’ll stay on the bench and join the team for away games when he feels like it...

Ron Swanson
07-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Done deal tbh.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/665f7e807b01ebfb0854ae10f8a790f4/tenor.gif?itemid=3545908

99 Problems
07-20-2019, 09:32 PM
This would actually mean Patty stays

:pop: Patty will take over from me

Roscoe P. Coltrane
07-21-2019, 12:10 AM
Wow, having Tim on the bench again would be huge for this team just his presence alone. Maybe he might go on to replace Pop as head coach, Tim always struck me with his knowledge of the game as head coaching material.Great players do not make great coaches. Scrub players make great coaches it's like that in all sports.

Dejounte
07-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Great players do not make great coaches. Scrub players make great coaches it's like that in all sports.

If it's never been done, there's no one better suited to be the first than Tim Duncan.

cjw
07-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Great players do not make great coaches. Scrub players make great coaches it's like that in all sports.

You forget Tim isn’t like most great players

phxspurfan
07-21-2019, 12:26 AM

He's not going to be head coach, just a damn good assistant. His bball IQ is insane, and he can teach all the guys great footwork, defense, and god forbid a post move instead of shooting step back 3s all day.

Dejounte
07-21-2019, 12:34 AM
He's not going to be head coach, just a damn good assistant. His bball IQ is insane, and he can teach all the guys great footwork, defense, and god forbid a post move instead of shooting step back 3s all day.

Honestly, he probably does all this already, given all the stories about him having practices with the team. He may just do it at a greater capacity if he accepts the role.
MoSpur022 man I hope youre legit and that this will come true.

dbreiden83080
07-21-2019, 01:05 AM
Honestly, he probably does all this already, given all the stories about him having practices with the team. He may just do it at a greater capacity if he accepts the role.

Well here is the thing, and this is 100% speculation on my part. We are talking about one of the greatest competitors that ever played the game. It’s hard when you are only in your early 40s to simply retire with basically nothing to do but hang out with the family. Yes obviously you want to spend time with your kids, but that competitive drive does not simply go away. It needs to be filled somehow. So if this is for real, I fully believe he wants to be a head coach in the league. He wants to win championships as a head coach like he did as a player. That’s just my opinion. And yes if Tim is fully committed to the spurs as an assistant coach, he will be the head coach at some point.

dbreiden83080
07-21-2019, 01:07 AM

Tim is one of the smartest players to ever play the game. Also what separates him from a lot of great players is the ego. He doesn’t have a massive ego that refuses to listen to anything other than his own opinion.

Dejounte
07-21-2019, 01:15 AM
Well here is the thing, and this is 100% speculation on my part. We are talking about one of the greatest competitors that ever played the game. It’s hard when you are only in your early 40s to simply retire with basically nothing to do but hang out with the family. Yes obviously you want to spend time with your kids, but that competitive drive does not simply go away. It needs to be filled somehow. So if this is for real, I fully believe he wants to be a head coach in the league. He wants to win championships as a head coach like he did as a player. That’s just my opinion. And yes if Tim is fully committed to the spurs as an assistant coach, he will be the head coach at some point.

What I believe is he is doing this because he feels sorry for Pop with the way #2 left him and his two main assistant coaches left him.... Thats probably where his competitive fire is motivating this. He doesnt want the franchise he helped built go down in flames.

Honestly if this happens, I hope Manu joins Tim on the bench as an assistant coach too.

dbreiden83080
07-21-2019, 01:21 AM
What I believe is he is doing this because he feels sorry for Pop with the way #2 left him and his two main assistant coaches left him.... Thats probably where his competitive fire is motivating this. He doesnt want the franchise he helped built go down in flames.

Honestly if this happens, I hope Manu joins Tim on the bench as an assistant coach too.

Spurs are still a pretty good team even without that snake ass bitch around. Not championship team but we are relevant. So I don’t think that has anything to do with it. I think if he wants to come back and coach, it’s simply about the competitive drive that is still inside him.

Hyperhypo
07-21-2019, 02:14 AM
Can someone tell Duncan to get on Team USA plz, everyone's pulling out and he could fit right in

Hyperhypo
07-21-2019, 02:15 AM
Manu as a coach....omg
his Bball IQ is thru the roof

Spurtacular
07-21-2019, 03:51 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/665f7e807b01ebfb0854ae10f8a790f4/tenor.gif?itemid=3545908

:lol

RC_Drunkford
07-21-2019, 06:10 AM
this would be huge for the future of the franchise. Team has been missing a leader like Timmy in the locker room

MoSpur02
07-21-2019, 07:07 AM

This is what I was told. He's accepted as far as I know. Not sure when the Spurs will officially announce it and Duncan can obviously change his mind, but from what I understand he will be an assistant coach.

picnroll
07-21-2019, 07:25 AM
Does that mean TD is going to sit on the bench and travel with the team or more like assist in practice, player assesment.

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-21-2019, 08:06 AM
Wow!!!!!

I hope he does take the job as assistant. I think he could really help the young players alot

GreekSpursfan
07-21-2019, 08:56 AM
Does that mean TD is going to sit on the bench and travel with the team or more like assist in practice, player assesment.

I could see the latter as more plausible

beirmeistr
07-21-2019, 09:21 AM

Good post

PHComassetto
07-21-2019, 10:19 AM
That would be the best news from this offseason by far

benefactor
07-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Best news of the offseason by a hundred fucking miles tbh

exstatic
07-21-2019, 10:30 AM

Snakes gonna snake. I’m sure pop has moved past load management’s exit. As for the assistants, pop wouldn’t be sad at all. Throughout his tenure, he has WANTED his guys to leave to advance their careers. He encourages it. Assistants become leads. Leads get head coaching jobs.

Ice009
07-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Ever heard of Larry Bird? He was a great head coach. Took the Pacers to 2 x ECF and 1 x finals in his 3 year coaching stint. Could have even beaten the Bulls in one of those series and went to the finals twice and won it all if not for some bad/favourable foul call/s at the end of one of those games at the end of series.

Wow. Just read MoSpurs02's post as I was still on the previous page when posting my initial reply. I am freaking excited if Tim is going to join the team as an assistant coach. That will be amazing. Do you know if he'd be a full-time assistant, MoSpur? One that travels with the team?

btw, is the 02 in your username anything to do with Kawhi?

Russ
07-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Tim is one of the smartest players to ever play the game. Also what separates him from a lot of great players is the ego. He doesn’t have a massive ego that refuses to listen to anything other than his own opinion.

I think TD does have a massive ego -- he just knows that the best way to feed that ego (by winning) is to listen to certain others.

MultiTroll
07-21-2019, 10:57 AM
This is what I was told.
By the waiter at IHOP?
One of your mothers card club playing members?
By a stripper you lap danced with?

I mean can you give some sort of reference for cred?

baseline bum
07-21-2019, 12:16 PM
By the waiter at IHOP?

Well he was the one who called the Autist to Toronto trade.

MultiTroll
07-21-2019, 12:30 PM
Well he was the one who called the Autist to Toronto trade.
I was unaware of that.
Any others he has called?
No intention to dis, just that with some on TrollTalks having a propensity to spout, just wanted a reference point.

spurraider21
07-21-2019, 12:30 PM
this would be huge for the future of the franchise. Team has been missing a leader like Timmy in the locker room
what are you talking about? we've had patty

BSfromTX
07-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Would love to see Timmy give nephew crippling nut tap on national tv while wearing a suit

offset formation
07-21-2019, 12:40 PM
I was unaware of that.
Any others he has called?
No intention to dis, just that with some on TrollTalks having a propensity to spout, just wanted a reference point.

Several that he's been the first to tell the board about MoSpur is legit --> has a friend in the front office IIRC.

EricB also. Maybe one or two others.

SpurSpike
07-21-2019, 01:29 PM
If this is true that would make Patty expendable since Tim IS the Spurs culture.

BillMc
07-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Hope its true.

SpursDynasty85
07-21-2019, 03:31 PM
This is what I was told. He's accepted as far as I know. Not sure when the Spurs will officially announce it and Duncan can obviously change his mind, but from what I understand he will be an assistant coach.

Wow. Great news. I thought this post was a joke. Timmy was notorious for being a gym rat so I'm glad he has an Avenue to help other playera and coaches!

BatManu20
07-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Excellent news if true. Need some Rastafarian Timmy on the sidelines tbh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_-SNcsWsAANcFG?format=jpg&name=large

Mugen
07-21-2019, 05:23 PM
:lol Why would he come back to be an assistant coach tbh?

tonight...you
07-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Maybe he wants to?

beirmeistr
07-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Excellent news if true. Need some Rastafarian Timmy on the sidelines tbh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_-SNcsWsAANcFG?format=jpg&name=large

Should get along great with walker

SpursDynasty85
07-21-2019, 05:42 PM

Make millions teaching things he was perfecting for 20+ years. Laying a foundation to rebuild the Spurs after the PR thrashing Kawhi gave them. Hanging out with friends. Making an impact for the community in SA and possibly broader in the NBA. Smarter question where else would his talents take him farther? Guy is too young to act fully retired.

Dejounte
07-21-2019, 05:49 PM
You make Tim an assistant coach, you become a city major free agents want to come to, IMO. This gives stars the perfect excuse to come here.

Giannis in 2021, " I wanted to learn from one of the GOATs, that's why I'm taking my talents to San Antonio,"

weebo
07-21-2019, 05:53 PM
You make Tim an assistant coach, you become a city major free agents want to come to, IMO. This gives stars the perfect excuse to come here.

Giannis in 2021, " I wanted to learn from one of the GOATs, that's why I'm taking my talents to San Antonio,"

^lol

I'm sorry TD is an all time great, but great players didn't want to come play with him while still active...what makes any of you think it's going to change now?

Dejounte
07-21-2019, 06:20 PM
^lol

I'm sorry TD is an all time great, but great players didn't want to come play with him while still active...what makes any of you think it's going to change now?

Correct me if im wrong but we never had cap space during his time here. Also, Tim wasnt as accomplished as he is now.

FkLA
07-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Correct me if im wrong but we never had cap space during his time here. Also, Tim wasnt as accomplished as he is now.

You are wrong. Summer of '03, fresh off a championship, fresh off back to back MVPs with cap space available after Robinson's retirement and the Spurs struck out. He doesn't have any negative impact on free agent recruiting, if anything it's probably positive but it's nowhere positive enough to where players will come to small-market SA because of him.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-21-2019, 06:56 PM

Sounds good, but other than Jason Kidd, he wasn’t a major draw to get free agents to consider SA even when he was playing. And Finley doesn’t count.

Edit: didn’t see you Weebo.

Big P
07-21-2019, 07:15 PM
You are wrong. Summer of '03, fresh off a championship, fresh off back to back MVPs with cap space available after Robinson's retirement and the Spurs struck out. He doesn't have any negative impact on free agent recruiting, if anything it's probably positive but it's nowhere positive enough to where players will come to small-market SA because of him.

This

DMC
07-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Pop will insert him during the last 5 minutes of a crucial game.

tp2021
07-21-2019, 08:04 PM
Pop will insert him during the last 5 minutes of a crucial game.

Do it, Brian!

Seventyniner
07-21-2019, 09:46 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/illZQHBIMDc/hqdefault.jpg

Fuckin' A

SpurPadre
07-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Wonder if TD as assistant coach will get t'd up or tossed out of games for laughing in the sidelines again.

timtonymanu
07-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Wonder if TD as assistant coach will get t'd up or tossed out of games for laughing in the sidelines again.

Good thing Joey Crawford retired

cutewizard
07-22-2019, 12:06 AM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

UZER
07-22-2019, 01:24 AM
Maybe this is fake the the Spurs are just trying to find the mole leaking the info to ST.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-22-2019, 02:50 AM
He’s the last one I’d imagine being an NBA coach but it’d be interesting. His leadership will be invaluable for a young rebuilding on the fly team. He could also stare snake into committing suicide on the court.

Will he be made to wear a jacket as well?

Dex
07-22-2019, 09:36 AM
This is truly surprising news, if true.

In fact, it seems so outlandish to me that I am still suspicious this is a troll post and have a hard time taking it seriously...even if it comes from the lips of the prophet MoSpur02.

I thought Timmy was ready to settle down, spend time with Vanessa and his family, and manage BlackJack. I'm sure he is still on the Spurs payroll to some degree and can show up at the gym whenever he feels like it.

Does he really want to sign back up for every game and practice and being on the road nearly 6-8 months out of the year, and doing all the homework and game-planning that being a coach requires?

Who knows...maybe the simple family life hasn't been all he made it out be. Maybe a guy who spent the last two decades immersed in basketball is struggling to find purpose without it. Maybe he is just tired of hearing the kids yelling and screaming after being home for a couple years :lol

Don't get me wrong...I will be ecstatic if this news is true. Duncan is still my favorite player to this day, and any way you can incorporate him into the fold is a major win...but I still need to see a press release before I get my hopes up on this. I figured Timmy would never be the type to go into coaching.

exstatic
07-22-2019, 09:43 AM
I'm thinking this might just be formalizing his current situation. He's been doing player development almost since the day he retired. I have a hard time seeing him as a bench coach and travelling with the team all season.

Dex
07-22-2019, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking this might just be formalizing his current situation. He's been doing player development almost since the day he retired. I have a hard time seeing him as a bench coach and travelling with the team all season.

That would make a lot more sense, tbh.

daslicer
07-22-2019, 09:56 AM
I don’t believe this is going to happen.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-22-2019, 10:00 AM
That would make a lot more sense, tbh.

That’s what I’m thinking. He only works at the practice facility. Can easily pop in from Blackjack.

MoSpur02
07-22-2019, 11:24 AM

I don't know if he will be traveling with the team to be completely honest. Maybe he will, but not I'm not sure.

barakz21
07-22-2019, 11:32 AM
TD coming back as an assistant coach would be like like leaving the army as an enlisted and going back in as an officer. But honestly, I would be excited if this is true. The man was the reason I became a spurfan 17 years ago.

cd98
07-22-2019, 01:40 PM
I like Tim and it would be cool to see him coach, but I can't get overly excited about it. He's a big man in a game that no longer benefits big men. Can he coach a game he doesn't know? I'd love to see what Manu could do, though. With his international experience and what he did in the Olympics, etc., I would think he could be much better at drawing Xs and Os and coming up with schemes based on today's rules.

mo7888
07-22-2019, 03:49 PM
It was just announced by Shams...

Gordy58
07-22-2019, 03:50 PM
Nailed it

YoungbuckMurray
07-22-2019, 03:51 PM
TD yes!!

r0drig0lac
07-22-2019, 03:52 PM
nba = fucked

Shams Charania
ShamsCharania
·
58 s
Spurs legend Tim Duncan has joined Gregg Popovich's coaching staff as an assistant coach.

Ron Swanson
07-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Done deal. Don’t doubt MoSpur02.

Big Empty
07-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Hell ya!

phxspurfan
07-22-2019, 03:54 PM
:danceclub :danceclub

:flag: :flag:

:danceclub :danceclub

:lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt2:

sasaint
I like Tim and it would be cool to see him coach, but I can't get overly excited about it. He's a big man in a game that no longer benefits big men. Can he coach a game he doesn't know? I'd love to see what Manu could do, though. With his international experience and what he did in the Olympics, etc., I would think he could be much better at drawing Xs and Os and coming up with schemes based on today's rules.

Sadly, you make a good point.

szkorhetz
Timmmmmyyyy

Floyd Pacquiao
07-22-2019, 03:56 PM
Holy shit :lol a sign that we need some vet leadership?

Cardinal
07-22-2019, 03:56 PM
Holy moly. Still wondering if it is just a formalization of his existing relationship with the team (i.e. helping out with player development and practices) or if it is a full-time, on-the-bench position.

SPURt
07-22-2019, 03:57 PM
95% chance of happening

per my source MoSpur02 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11593)

FkLA with the goods!! With all the guessing cloaked as breaking news from other users, it’s dope to see this one become real!

Russ
07-22-2019, 03:58 PM
TD coming back as an assistant coach would be like like leaving the army as an enlisted and going back in as an officer.

Maybe just the opposite?

coachmac87
07-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Pop would just like Timmy around more for his last run as HC..

Kinda like a undercover farewell tour for the both of them.

szkorhetz
07-22-2019, 04:01 PM
“It is only fitting, that after I served loyally for 19 years as Tim Duncan’s assistant, that he returns the favor,” said Popovich

aintjustthem
07-22-2019, 04:02 PM
I wonder how how his suit game has evolved since the baggy suits of the past ��

r0drig0lac
07-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Gregg Popovich on Tim Duncan joining the Spurs’ coaching staff: “It is only fitting, after I served loyally for 19 years as Tim Duncan’s assistant, that he returns the favor.”

Pop knows

Chinook
07-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Now trade Beli?

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 04:06 PM
People that still doubt MoSpur like he’s that faggot TSpence :lol

Realdeal1
07-22-2019, 04:09 PM
Mospur is the real deal.. anyone that doubts him is a fool

Mugen
Props to my nig, MoSpurs as always.

BatManu20
Let’s goooooooo

ceperez
07-22-2019, 04:11 PM
95% chance of happening

per my source MoSpur02

:bobo

look_at_g_shred
07-22-2019, 04:11 PM
Id' be lying if i said this wasn't weird..cool, but weird.

NASpurs
07-22-2019, 04:13 PM
MoShams :wow

TDomination
07-22-2019, 04:14 PM
ahhhh this is awesome! Future Head Coach? Who knows, and who knows if hes even on the bench. Like someone said earlier, he was already helping players out but maybe now its official but with the same position he had?

Either way, i'm stoked to know he's officially on the staff!

Chucho
07-22-2019, 04:15 PM
MOMO!

gospursgojas
07-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Who’s lead assistant now?

Mugen

Super weird tbh, but I'm happy he's back.

Still, is he going to coach LMA into being a winner or talk Derozan off the ledge every other month :lol

Hyperhypo
I'm so happy. Thanks for the heads up

Chucho

How's it weird? Maybe because you never see truly great players like Timmy hit the bench? Or just seeing the most iconic of all Spurs on the bench in a different role? Or seeing Tim in a honest-to-God real suit?

TDomination
Props MoSpur. Props.

gospursgojas
07-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Are coaches allowed to wear jeans and flip flops?

Dennis the Menace
07-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Thank you Mo for sharing your insight

Mugen
07-22-2019, 04:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAG9eoFVAAArFlU.jpg:large

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Team really does need a culture boost that’s not just Patty’s towel waving and coffee buying. Someone that actually has BBIQ. Hopefully Manu isn’t too far behind being back on the bench with Tim too.

Man In Black
07-22-2019, 04:19 PM
That was calling BANK! Nice.

barakz21
07-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Maybe just the opposite?

Well, on the enlisted side you have more hands on stuff, where as on the officer side it’s more about behind the scenes stuff, planning, managing and to a certain degree of mentoring/developing people though that’s more an nco’s job. As a player, he did the hands on stuff and now as a coach he gets to do the planning, and some of the managing. And we all know he’s always been a good mentor to his teammates. I see no reason why he wouldn’t be as a coach.

Also, YES!!! Timmy is baaaaaacccccccckkkkkkk!!!

barakz21
07-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Thank you Mospur!!!

PHComassetto

Dude, hold on... What you mean a game he doesn't know!? Duncan's Basketball IQ is unparalleled...

gambit1990
trading demar is a step in the right direction to getting td another ring.

slick'81
07-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Never hurts to have greatness on the sidelines:tu

FlAVaK
07-22-2019, 04:22 PM

Mugen
07-22-2019, 04:23 PM
Also, Will Hardy sucks. Hopefully he's gotten a lot better since the SL he had a year ago since he was horrible, light years behind Becky tbh.

acoelho1
07-22-2019, 04:23 PM
The greatest teammate and leader in NBA history as an assistant coach. I like it. I hope Pop is grooming him to take over once he retires. I think he’s going to be a fantastic coach given his humility and smarts.

cmspur
07-22-2019, 04:24 PM
Just in..Kobe to join lakers bench...per Ego!

Dex
07-22-2019, 04:24 PM
MoSpur02 the real deal, per par.

Looking forward to seeing Timmy around more again!

bklynspursfan
07-22-2019, 04:25 PM

ginobilized
07-22-2019, 04:26 PM
This is great news! So psyched to see TD again. Too many positives to mention.
The down side is he may not be wardrobe ready for the gig.

slick'81
07-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Dude was always at the facilitys anyway .might as well try out coaching while pop is still around

MoSpur02
07-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Glad it was confirmed. Gonna be good for these young guys.

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 04:31 PM

I heard he’s only going to be at the home games/practices and will only travel for some of the road games. Not a bad gig at all if true.

phxspurfan
07-22-2019, 04:32 PM
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Bynumite
07-22-2019, 04:38 PM
Just in..Kobe to join lakers bench...per Ego!

Kobe is retired from basketball and making oscar winning content.

Duncan has no choice but to sit on that bench after Amy, Amy's side dude and Duncan's financial advisors all took him to the cleaners :lol

Dennis the Menace
07-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Becky the next head coach in waiting and lead assistant.
Timmy as the OG, mentor, development, and culture cog. Murray, White, Walker being around Timmy will do wonders for their growth, leadership, and as franchise players.

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 04:42 PM

Duncan has no choice but to sit on that bench after Amy, Amy's side dude and Duncan's financial advisors all took him to the cleaners :lol

At least Duncan didn't kill the Spurs like Kobe killed the Lakers. But dense Laker fans will deflect per par.

Keepin' it real
07-22-2019, 04:43 PM
Can't wait to see spurstalk criticize Timmeh's coaching.

jdelar03
07-22-2019, 04:43 PM
Lol Nba thought The Spurs were done yet I guarantee you even though nobody knows the impact of this move every teams butt hole just puckered up at hearing this news.

DPG21920
07-22-2019, 04:46 PM
Now trade Beli?

From what I just heard, they have been trying but teams are asking for compensation to take him. His market is D R Y at the moment.

TimDunkem
Lol Nba thought The Spurs were done yet I guarantee you even though nobody knows the impact of this move every teams butt hole just puckered up at hearing this news.
This team is led by DD and LMA. No one is worried about us, tbh.

davidbowie

remember when kobe raped that girl

DPG21920
07-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Glad it was confirmed. Gonna be good for these young guys.

Not just good for the young guys (well, that too for sure!) but makes SA a more attractive place for free agents, will re-stabilize a great culture (which means a lot in small markets) and will be an attraction for fans as well.

LkrFan
07-22-2019, 04:48 PM
Broke :lol

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 04:49 PM

cjw
07-22-2019, 04:49 PM

Kobe probably spent as much money on that ring and his lawyers after his Colorado incident as Duncan lost on his crappy advisor. Also, imagine if that Kobe incident had happened a good 10 years later.

RD2191
07-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Broke :lol

I can't believe your cousin Gilberto did Timmy so wrong tbh.

Dennis the Menace
The NBA is fucked with this news.

Spurs are drafting and developing talent far better than other organizations. PLUS the drafting eligibility is about to change with younger kids being eligible for draft, which makes drafting even more risky/difficult. So the majority of teams that suck at drafting college kids are gonna suck even more with high schoolers available.

Having Tim will help cement the spurs young cores as sticking to the organization. So the league won’t fleece the Spurs after they’ve spent 5 years of developing.

Larry O
I heard he’s only going to be at the home games/practices and will only travel for some of the road games. Not a bad gig at all if true.

Yeah, my thoughts on this as well... GOAT doesn't seem like he's ready for the primetime rigors of being an assistant coach right now, due to his family life & business ventures, etc. I think that Pop will allow Timmy to do pretty much what he wants; just to feel it out to see how if this is something that he would really want to commit to in a full-time basis. I think he enjoys teaching; being around Pop & the guys; staying in shape & his love for the game. There's already some discussion about if the opportunity arises, would Tim leapfrog Becky in seniority & even be the top candidate as the HC when that time comes. Let the discussions & debates begin on this matter! :) GSG!!!

timvp
07-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Awesome news. Best news of the offseason, tbh.

:tu MoSpur02 for the legendary call.

r0drig0lac
07-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
·
2 min

@TheSteinLine
League source confirms that Hammon-Hardy-Duncan will indeed be the Spurs’ on-the-bench alignment next to Pop next season. Timmy is NOT taking a mere player development role

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Assistant coaching lineup looks so much better. Ettore was addition by subtraction.

NASpurs
But seriously, Timmy is looking like a 7' Wombat. Cut that shit off brah.

BackHome

YEP .. Kobe making Porn Movies “Kobe Goes Back Door”. Some Oscar winning shit no pun intended :eyebrows

Spurs9
07-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Broke as soon as tspence returned to the forum

DAF86
lol this is actually true. I thought my hermano FkLA was just fucking around. :lol

Cool ass shit, tbh.

timtonymanu
But seriously, Timmy is looking like a 7' Wombat. Cut that shit off brah.

Looks great tbh. Not his fault Patty is a scrub.

Kori Ellis
07-22-2019, 05:01 PM
Some people owe MoSpur02 an apology after comparing him to TSpence.

phxspurfan
07-22-2019, 05:04 PM
:reading I wonder if this mean's BlackJack is going Bankrupt...

JuneJive
07-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Great news.

Timmy mentoring the younguns.

Dre_7
07-22-2019, 05:11 PM

This quote is fucking poetic :bobo

SayTown
07-22-2019, 05:13 PM
MoDuncan

ducks
07-22-2019, 05:13 PM
95% chance of happening

per my source MoSpur02

:wow :flag:damm good call

MoSpur02
07-22-2019, 05:15 PM

To be honest TSpence is legendary. :lol

ducks
07-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Maybe spurs should extend ... before he works with Duncan

Dejounte
07-22-2019, 05:16 PM
Do you guys really think that Tim of all people, the same player who took no shortcuts during his professional basketball career, would skip out on road games??

Budkin
07-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Holy shit this is awesome! Props to MoSpur

MoSpur02
07-22-2019, 05:21 PM
From my understanding the Spurs also made the same offer to Manu, but he declined.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-22-2019, 05:22 PM
I wonder how long he can last before he decides to suit up for games? In seriousness, his competitive nature will probably have him itching to take the floor.

phxspurfan
07-22-2019, 05:24 PM
From my understanding the Spurs also made the same offer to Manu, but he declined.

I don't see Manu ever coming back to pro sports. His family bonds are too deep. Maaaybe as a side role like an announcer once his kids leave the nest, but that's about it. Not in a competitive role like coaching.

Dex
07-22-2019, 05:24 PM

Give Manu a couple of years to get tired of being Dad, then try again :lmao

MoSpur02
07-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Yeah Manu is enjoying retirement/traveling way too much

Floyd Pacquiao
Good to see spurstalk in good spirits for a change

Duncan87
Good shit MoSpur props for giving us the goods will always hold your word Good

Duncan87
07-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Official SpursTalk legend

DavidTheGoliath
07-22-2019, 05:29 PM

Huh? Mo called this weeks/days before it happened. Spence called the Pau signing YEARS before. Put a lil respek on the guys name. :madrun
/bluefont

No but seriously thaks Mo! Cheers!

BWS-1994
07-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
·
2 min

@TheSteinLine
League source confirms that Hammon-Hardy-Duncan will indeed be the Spurs’ on-the-bench alignment next to Pop next season. Timmy is NOT taking a mere player development role

He’s going to add to the X’s and Y’s? Wow!

BWS-1994
07-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Awesome news. Best news of the offseason, tbh.

:tu MoSpur02 for the legendary call.

Props to MoSpur02 :toast

I think he deserves to have one of those old ST medals or avatars that were being given back then.

GreekSpursfan
07-22-2019, 05:35 PM
The greatest Spur is coming back but we shouldn't let that distract us from criticizing him for his current job. We have criticized previous assistant coaches and Tim will not be the exception, no one is beyond criticism.

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 05:44 PM
The greatest Spur is coming back but we shouldn't let that distract us from criticizing him for his current job. We have criticized previous assistant coaches and Tim will not be the exception, no one is beyond criticism.

No one can be worse than Ettore "hold my clipboard" Messina.

Dejounte
07-22-2019, 05:49 PM
Manu and Tim as assistant coaches would have been EPIC

Degoat
07-22-2019, 05:51 PM
So Becky will be the head coach if pop gets ejected right??

jjktkk
07-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Thanks MoSpur02. :toast

DAF86
07-22-2019, 05:57 PM
From what I just heard, they have been trying but teams are asking for compensation to take him. His market is D R Y at the moment.

Son, how long do you plan to keep this "I have sauces" shtick? :lol

south side spur
07-22-2019, 06:02 PM
At least Duncan didn't kill the Spurs like Kobe killed the Lakers. But dense Laker fans will deflect per par.

Bro Lakers fans are so pathetic they claim shit that happened in fucking Minnesota. Pathetic Boston wannabes.

Mugen
07-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Yeah Manu is enjoying retirement/traveling way too much

Manu's only a year out tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a standing offer and he eventually takes them up on it. Maybe not assistant coach but some kind of competitive capacity.

My sources said they also reached out to TP about an Assistant Manager role for the in-arena Whataburger tbh.

K...
07-22-2019, 06:05 PM
but my all time best spurs PG can't even get onto the film team? FUCK THE SPORS I am not a clippers fAN

beirmeistr
07-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Manu's only a year out tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a standing offer and he eventually takes them up on it. Maybe not assistant coach but some kind of competitive capacity.

My sources said they also reached out to TP about an Assistant Manager role for the in-arena Whataburger tbh.

Hilarious

RD2191
07-22-2019, 06:12 PM
So Becky will be the head coach if pop gets ejected right??

That would be awesome.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Been wrong as much as Chris Broussard lol
Woof

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2019, 06:15 PM
By the waiter at IHOP?

Big oof

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2019, 06:17 PM
I don’t believe this is going to happen.
Me neither lmfao

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Done deal. Don’t doubt MoSpur02.

You ain't never lied MoSpur02 is the Woj of all things Spurs.

Great reporting MoSpur02!

cmspur
07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
was just messing with laker fans to see if they paying attention. This is not only proof but they are already shitting on their pants for the thought of seeing timmy sitting in the damn bench in a suit!:lol:lol

daslicer
07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Me neither lmfao

Hey I'm glad to eat crow on this one.

DAF86
07-22-2019, 06:23 PM

Spurs hurried to sign Barry so that they had an excuse when offering Tim and Manu assistant positions but not Tony, imho. :lol

DPG21920
07-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Son, how long do you plan to keep this "I have sauces" shtick? :lol

I really don’t know what to tell you. Have I ever had a credibility issue on the board or lied? Can you point to something where I just made stuff up? I don’t claim to have “sources” but I have spoken with people that definitely do and get some info passed along to me.

FireMicoHalili
07-22-2019, 06:40 PM
to piss off fat internet trolls is my guess

SpurPadre
07-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Manu the next head coach in waiting and lead assistant.
Timmy as the OG, mentor, development, and culture cog. Murray, White, Walker being around Timmy will do wonders for their growth, leadership, and as franchise players.

FIFY

SpurPadre
07-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Weird to have God as an assistant but I'll fucking take it, tbh.

picnroll
07-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Sit your ass on that bench Manu.

Seventyniner
07-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Let’s goooooooo

:lol naming Hardy before Timmy.

Seventyniner
07-22-2019, 07:05 PM
One Twitter comment stuck out. Does this mean that Becky is the lead assistant and will be head coach if Pop gets himself tossed or takes a game off?

TheRemix
07-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Seems strange, Tim is above this. Must be bored

Dennis the Menace
07-22-2019, 07:07 PM
One Twitter comment stuck out. Does this mean that Becky is the lead assistant and will be head coach if Pop gets himself tossed or takes a game off?

My guess would be yes, which is good

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 07:10 PM

I believe so. Which would be the right move. Better than Hardy or Timmy right now certainly.

Genovaswitness
07-22-2019, 07:14 PM
how long until he’s HC?

MultiTroll
07-22-2019, 07:16 PM
how long until he’s HC?
Will assess as year goes on.

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 07:18 PM

I believe so. Which would be the right move. Better than Hardy or Timmy right now certainly.

Kool Bob Love
07-22-2019, 07:21 PM
It’s Tim fucking Duncan brah.

picnroll
07-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Timmy and Becky, the younguns may get nurtured to death.

Joseph Kony
07-22-2019, 07:23 PM
It’s Tim fucking Duncan brah.

literally the only player ST unanimously loves :lol

SpurPadre
07-22-2019, 07:23 PM
Timmy and Becky, the younguns may get nurtured to death.

Better than TP being an assistant and fucking their wives to death, tbh.

SpurPadre
07-22-2019, 07:24 PM
literally the only player ST unanimously loves :lol

No, the Admiral is universally loved as well.

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Becky Hammon
Will Hardy
Chip Engelland
Tim Duncan

Who’da thought tbh.

BatManu20
07-22-2019, 07:27 PM

Marrow
07-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Best signing of the offseason

BillMc
07-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Best signing of the offseason

Until he reneges and coaches for the Knicks. :lol

tonight...you
07-22-2019, 07:38 PM
Donchu put that evil on this team Ricky Bobby!

Marrow
07-22-2019, 07:39 PM

haha hopefully Timmy hangs up the phone when Rich Paul calls :lol

TD 21
07-22-2019, 07:40 PM

I was going to come with a take that would have been perceived as being negative (not about the hire, which is obviously above reproach, but about the possible perception), but I decided to not risk putting a damper on the mood. :lol

timtonymanu
07-22-2019, 07:41 PM
I was going to come with a take that would have been perceived as being negative (not about the hire, which is obviously above reproach, but about the possible perception), but I decided to not risk putting a damper on the mood. :lol

Do it. Some of us like how you get rise out of people lol

TD 21
07-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Do it. Some of us like how you get rise out of people lol

Nah, the timing is inappropriate. It's been a rough few years for Spurs fans, we need all the good news we can get . . . they'll be plenty of other opportunities for me to get people worked up.

dbreiden83080
07-22-2019, 07:54 PM
Happy Dance!!!!

SpursDynasty85
07-22-2019, 08:03 PM

:lol so true. He was the coach out there!

picnroll
07-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Will TD coach with Pop in the Olympics and ring? Bizarro world.

LkrFan
07-22-2019, 08:16 PM
I can't believe your cousin Gilberto did Timmy so wrong tbh.

:lol

Dennis the Menace
07-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Becky Hammon
Will Hardy
Chip Engelland
Tim Duncan

Who’da thought tbh.

Best assistant assembly since Bud, Brett Brown, Carlesimo?

Robz4000
07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Been said already, but best news of the offseason tbh.

NickiRasgo
07-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Not really a fan of players that'll become part of coaching staff/front office who had an all-star/superstar status because it usually went bad but this is a good news.

I'll be happy to see Timmy again considering he doesn't have a social media. :lol

Dingle Barry
07-22-2019, 09:47 PM

This is the NBA. There are a limited number of coaching spots, and they aren't part time.

DAF86
07-22-2019, 09:57 PM
I really don’t know what to tell you. Have I ever had a credibility issue on the board or lied? Can you point to something where I just made stuff up? I don’t claim to have “sources” but I have spoken with people that definitely do and get some info passed along to me.

So far I have only seen you jump on the info of others and/or call inside info to moves everybody expects the Spurs to make, for example you would say something like: "yeah, I've been told they are trying to move Belinelli" when every Spursfan that follows the team somewhat regularly knows that if there's one Spurs player likely to be moved, it's him, tbh.

Funny thing is that, despite these being obvious guesses with a more than decent % of occurrence, they all have yet to come to fruition, tbh. :lol

ZeusWillJudge
07-22-2019, 10:04 PM
He's got a great basketball mind. He knows X's and O's as well as anyone. We were told that he got involved with personnel issues while he was playing - not to mention his own salary negotiations that looked at the bigger picture and not just him. He knows more about the mental game than nearly anyone on the planet. And he commands respect. I don't know if any assistant coach ever arrived with more tools in his box.

I don't know if it's even possible to get a 4-year strikout like Lyles to live up to his potential. But having Tim Duncan there as a mentor has to be the best chance I could think of.

FkLA
07-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Do not doubt my nigga MoSpur02. Give the man a spur or some sort of badge, imo. :tu

Mikeanaro
07-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Awesome.

RGMCSE
07-22-2019, 10:21 PM
This confirms its pops last year as Spurs head coach. Duncan wants to share one last season with him.

XDT76
07-22-2019, 10:21 PM
This will be the guy to help poeltl and lyles to get better contracts next off seasons.

DPG21920
07-22-2019, 10:24 PM
So far I have only seen you jump on the info of others and/or call inside info to moves everybody expects the Spurs to make, for example you would say something like: "yeah, I've been told they are trying to move Belinelli" when every Spursfan that follows the team somewhat regularly knows that if there's one Spurs player likely to be moved, it's him, tbh.

Funny thing is that, despite these being obvious guesses with a more than decent % of occurrence, they all have yet to come to fruition, tbh. :lol

Uh no. I was one of the loudest Kawhi is going to the Clippers posters on here for the better part of a year and even had people asking me why I was so confident.

I don’t claim to know everything and I certainly don’t do what you’re saying.

Also a huge difference in thinking something and hearing something similar to others which then makes everything more credible.

Like in the case of Beli. Heard the same thing that then Mo posted which is why I commented. You’ve seen Mo be accurate so are you saying Mo just made the Beli stuff up and was reading tea leaves because it did not happen? No.

The Beli thing is the only example you have of what you say. Go back and look at the Kawhi stuff and what I was posting vs what all the media and most everyone on here thought was the “likely” out come.

I don’t know any sources but talk to people Ive developed a friendly relationship with that share some stuff with me and I post it when I think it helps

playblair
07-22-2019, 10:25 PM
Will TD coach with Pop in the Olympics and ring? Bizarro world.
usa is not winning gold if the trend continues into 2020 of players dropping out

dbreiden83080
07-22-2019, 10:29 PM

I get it about a pecking order.. But Tim could have been a player/coach his last few years like Bill Russell was. No way Becky has more knowledge than Timmy..

dbreiden83080
07-22-2019, 10:35 PM

Doubtful. If he is not all in, there is no point. You hire someone else. Tim gets that. He is not about special treatment.

davidbowie
07-22-2019, 10:59 PM
all hail MoSpur02 what a scoop

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

DAF86
07-22-2019, 11:09 PM
Uh no. I was one of the loudest Kawhi is going to the Clippers posters on here for the better part of a year and even had people asking me why I was so confident.

I don’t claim to know everything and I certainly don’t do what you’re saying.

Also a huge difference in thinking something and hearing something similar to others which then makes everything more credible.

Like in the case of Beli. Heard the same thing that then Mo posted which is why I commented. You’ve seen Mo be accurate so are you saying Mo just made the Beli stuff up and was reading tea leaves because it did not happen? No.

The Beli thing is the only example you have of what you say. Go back and look at the Kawhi stuff and what I was posting vs what all the media and most everyone on here thought was the “likely” out come.

I don’t know any sources but talk to people Ive developed a friendly relationship with that share some stuff with me and I post it when I think it helps

I'm not acussing Mo of inventing anything, tbh. I'm acussing you of acting like you have inside sources while never actually providing any real new Intel of interest, tbh. :lol

ShutUp SayItAgain!
07-22-2019, 11:25 PM
Super weird tbh, but I'm happy he's back.

Still, is he going to coach LMA into being a winner or talk Derozan off the ledge every other month :lol

Your posts kill me dawg :lol

ShutUp SayItAgain!
07-22-2019, 11:30 PM

That's wrong, but I lol'ed

ShutUp SayItAgain!
07-22-2019, 11:38 PM

:lmao

DPG21920
07-22-2019, 11:43 PM
I'm not acussing Mo of inventing anything, tbh. I'm acussing you of acting like you have inside sources while never actually providing any real new Intel of interest, tbh. :lol

Ok. I don’t know anywhere near as much as Mo, I don’t break anything nor do I claim to. My style of posting is to share insight to what I have heard when I think it makes sense.

You just picking a fight like a miserable person makes no sense to me. Skim past it - don’t know why it seems to bother you so much (like everything).

But again, go look at the Kawhi/Clippers stuff vs what the board/media were saying. That literally goes against everything you are saying.

But no need to argue with you; you are literally the only one that thinks this way and just in general is a whiny poster that nitpicks and makes very little sense.

Big P
07-22-2019, 11:46 PM
This will be the guy to help poeltl and lyles to get better contracts next off seasons.

Who cares about those two...TD is gonna teach Luka..we could not ask for anything better.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2019, 12:09 AM
Meh. Not really a fan of ex players coaching. 90% of the time its a huge failure

DPG21920
07-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Meh. Not really a fan of ex players coaching. 90% of the time its a huge failure

Not sure about that...Ex players GM’ing :lol Sure. But coaching? Been pretty decent ones at all levels.

ZeusWillJudge
07-23-2019, 12:34 AM

Lots of ex-players have been great coaches. Mostly mid-tier and even lower-tier players. It's the top tier stars who have struggled. That would argue against Duncan. But, all bullshit aside, he really was a natural leader. Is a natural leader. Guys like Jordan or Kidd would bitch out a teammate who didn't do something right. Tim was just as likely to encourage teammates, or sit on the sideline teaching them. That's not hero worship talking - we all watched him do those things over the years. I think Tim can be one of the exceptions to the rule, just because he really is a different personality than most of the star players who have tried coaching.