PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Marcus Morris Screwed Us

azzkicker007
07-23-2019, 09:40 AM
Things moved very fast at the start of free agency (more than 50 contracts were agreed to in the first 24 hours) and that left Morris not wanting the music to stop without him having a chair. That’s when he accepted the two-year, $20 million offer from San Antonio. Morris said he didn’t expect another offer, but when the Knicks came through with one year, $15 million he wanted it and tried to be up front about the situation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-explains-change-plans-025511538.html

The Facts:

1. Rich Paul advised Marcus Morris to sign the Clippers deal - he declined
2. Marcus Morris worked out the Knicks deal without Rich Paul's involvement

TimmyBuckets
07-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Players just don't give a fuck because there are no repercussions.

TrueSpursFan
07-23-2019, 10:18 AM
It seems at least Paul wanted him to keep his word with the spurs but he refused to and that’s probably why they split. Interesting, I would have imagined Paul to be the one pushing him to sign with Knicks.

TimmyBuckets
07-23-2019, 10:22 AM
What a nonchalant way of being a fucking bitch.

“I have a good relationship with those guys and I have so much respect for (head coach) Pop (Gregg Popovich), (general manager) RC (Buford) and (assistant GM) Brian Wright,” Morris told The Athletic. “The first thing that I did when I knew I would be going another direction, I called and made sure they knew. There was no shade. There’s no disrespect. I had great conversations afterward, and as long as I feel that I’m clear with them and gave them my truth, I feel good about moving forward.
“I was under the impression that I didn’t have anything left. I thought at the time that the Spurs deal was all that I had. The process wasn’t what I expected and it didn’t go the right way.”

cd98
07-23-2019, 10:24 AM
How do you expect a player that isn't getting a bunch of max contracts to not jump at the chance to make another $5 million? Not only that, but the higher contract gives him more options for more money on future deals and he is likely to get a much better contract next year when there are less free agents to gobble up the money. I expect that every person on this forum would take the additional $5 million if they were in his shoes.

Spurs Homer
07-23-2019, 10:27 AM
How do you expect a player that isn't getting a bunch of max contracts to not jump at the chance to make another $5 million? Not only that, but the higher contract gives him more options for more money on future deals and he is likely to get a much better contract next year when there are less free agents to gobble up the money. I expect that every person on this forum would take the additional $5 million if they were in his shoes.

no

once you commit and once the spurs traded bertans that was crossing a line

Dex
07-23-2019, 10:33 AM
no

This. If the Spurs had just offered him a contract and something bigger came along, that's fine.

He made a verbal commitment which was very publicly broadcast. The Spurs made several moves based on that verbal commitment. And then he reneged.

I don't blame him for wanting $5M more (who wouldn't), but that doesn't mean he isn't a little bitch for getting it the way that he did.

I also think that it could have negative repercussions on his career (negative reputation, wallowing away on a shitty Knicks team that is overloaded at the PF spot, losing money on state taxes and cost of living in New York) that it won't be worth it in the long run, but what's done is done.

Degoat
07-23-2019, 10:34 AM

spurs offered 20 million for 2 years, I’m taking the guaranteed 20 million over 15/1 year

cd98
07-23-2019, 10:35 AM
no

It crossed the line for Spurs fans, but front office understood; they blame the Knicks. But for a player and a rational business person, you take the $5 million.

JPB
07-23-2019, 11:01 AM
It crossed the line for Spurs fans, but front office understood; they blame the Knicks. But for a player and a rational business person, you take the $5 million.

If you're a rationale asshole, yeah you take the 5M.

If you have a minimum of values and self-esteem, after an organisation traded a rotation player and gave a third year to another one to make place for you, you take what at the end of the day is still 20 fucking millions dollars...

You won't end up in the street and still get the big house, the hoes and the coke.

And where did you see Spurs were OK with it? MORRIS says they're fine and has a lot of respect for people he just fucked up.

Go ask Pop and Rc if they're OK having lost Bertans for nada.

playblair
07-23-2019, 11:34 AM
marcus morris basically called us a pity signing.........spurs will never sign marquee free agents or even middle of the road players in their prime until they relocate to austin

“I was under the impression that I didn’t have anything left. I thought at the time that the Spurs deal was all that I had. The process wasn’t what I expected and it didn’t go the right way.”

superbigtime
07-23-2019, 11:39 AM
sucks

Harry Callahan
07-23-2019, 11:55 AM
We are trying to fit MARCUS MORRIS into the thinking, rational human being round hole. That doesn't add up.

We are talking about a weird guy who has had "issues" for awhile. They want their money by any means necessary. Integrity is not a life skill often displayed by current NBA players. Jeez, contracts mean nothing now.

SpursforSix
07-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Happens all the time in the real world.

Dunder Mifflin was basing a reorganization around Josh Porter but he bolted once he got a better offer. Forcing DM to shut down the Stamford branch.

DJR210
07-23-2019, 12:39 PM
Dude is understandably in it for himself, but couldn't have cared less about his word. I guess not having a Father around growing up may have had a hand in that. He would have caused locker room chemistry issues more than likely anyway, I can't see dude sipping espressos with a bunch of nice guys with manners and morals.

DMC
07-23-2019, 12:44 PM
This is only a precursor of the further erosion of the facade of team loyalty both toward the player and from the player. Players will be moved in the middle of the night, without their knowledge, and there will be no mercy. Then a team like SA will emerge with a different approach that pretends to give a shit about the player. I say "pretends" because in the boardroom it's all about the bottom line. Even if the GM and HC genuinely care about the player, the board is looking for capital gain. Someone has to give. Small market teams will need a shtick to acquire talent. With all teams being basically merc hunters, why would a talented player pick a market that doesn't capitalize on their relatively short prime both for NBA/media spotlight and endorsements? Not to mention actually living in those areas.

The NBA needs to create a better profit sharing model, but as long as their are franchises, they will likely undercut each other and the product will suffer eventually.

spurraider21
07-23-2019, 12:46 PM
if the spurs offered him 2/20 and the knicks simultaneously offered him 1/15... then fine. pick whichever deal is best for you. nobody here complains when guys we are targeting get paid more elsewhere. the difference is the commitment/agreement during the moratorium period, which triggered the moves the spurs made. dont say "you've got a deal" and then back out. instead you can say "thanks for the offer, i'm considering it and will let you know"

DMC
07-23-2019, 12:48 PM
if the spurs offered him 2/20 and the knicks simultaneously offered him 1/15... then fine. pick whichever deal is best for you. nobody here complains when guys we are targeting get paid more elsewhere. the difference is the commitment/agreement during the moratorium period, which triggered the moves the spurs made. dont say "you've got a deal" and then back out. instead you can say "thanks for the offer, i'm considering it and will let you know"

Unless "you've got a deal" isn't in any way binding. As a lawyer you should know that you cannot rely on good faith to secure a multimillion dollar business deal.

spurraider21
07-23-2019, 01:04 PM
Unless "you've got a deal" isn't in any way binding. As a lawyer you should know that you cannot rely on good faith to secure a multimillion dollar business deal.
Philo

did i say its legally binding? its the course of business. the moratorium period is specifically designed to allow teams to make multiple agreements and make moves in a particular order to facilitate the transactions. that's why these reneged deals (deandre, boozer) always end up with this sort of coverage. it's a big deal.

SupremeGuy
07-23-2019, 01:05 PM
How do you expect a player that isn't getting a bunch of max contracts to not jump at the chance to make another $5 million? Not only that, but the higher contract gives him more options for more money on future deals and he is likely to get a much better contract next year when there are less free agents to gobble up the money. I expect that every person on this forum would take the additional $5 million if they were in his shoes.Bro. We traded people and tweeked contracts.

Seventyniner
07-23-2019, 01:10 PM
did i say its legally binding? its the course of business. the moratorium period is specifically designed to allow teams to make multiple agreements and make moves in a particular order to facilitate the transactions. that's why these reneged deals (deandre, boozer) always end up with this sort of coverage. it's a big deal.

Agree. Why have a moratorium and verbal agreements at all if they can't be trusted? If reneging becomes widespread enough then the moratorium period will just have to go away.

spurraider21
07-23-2019, 01:21 PM
i mean to sign aldridge, the spurs had to quickly come to agreements with duncan/manu to lower their cap holds. manu was actually renounced and then signed under the room exception for a very specific dollar amount. but ginobili had to sign that deal AFTER the aldridge signing. then kawhi had to be signed after LMA as well. but duncan's deal had to come first.

if LMA chose to sign elsewhere, its very likely the spurs would have instead given duncan/manu more money and they would have just operated above the cap to have the full MLE

cd98
07-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Bro. We traded people and tweeked contracts.

I know, but if you are Morris, you take the $5 million. It sucks for the Spurs, but I don't blame Morris. The deal wasn't there when he agreed with the Spurs. Yes the Spurs made moves and yes the Spurs got screwed, but the Spurs were getting a steal with Morris on the MLE. When the new deal opened up, he took it. He has a limited number of years to get contracts and then he's done. If the Spurs lost a bench player that probably would have played minimal minutes this season, Morris can live with that.

Should the Spurs be mad? Yes, but they can't blame a player. The Spurs will recover from the Bertans trade. Heck, Lyes could end up being better for all we know. But regardless, Spurs biggest beef would have to be with NY. A player like Morris has to chase the money, but the Knicks knew the Spurs had a deal and that the Spurs traded a player and they still made the offer anyway knowing they had a bunch of power forward assets already on the team. They know they'll likely be dealing Morris at the deadline. They basically through some cash at him to turn him into an asset down the road, like a draft pick to a contender that needs help at that petition and is desperate. Spurs should be pissed at NY because they tanked the deal.

Dverde
07-23-2019, 01:26 PM
What a nonchalant way of being a fucking bitch.

“I have a good relationship with those guys and I have so much respect for (head coach) Pop (Gregg Popovich), (general manager) RC (Buford) and (assistant GM) Brian Wright,” Morris told The Athletic. “The first thing that I did when I knew I would be going another direction, I called and made sure they knew. There was no shade. There’s no disrespect. I had great conversations afterward, and as long as I feel that I’m clear with them and gave them my truth, I feel good about moving forward.

He only signed with the Spurs because there were no other offers. No shade in that comment whatsoever:lol

cd98
07-23-2019, 01:29 PM
He only signed with the Spurs because there were no other offers. No shade in that comment whatsoever:lol

Eh, people are too sensitive. If NY offered the same dollar amount, he'd be a Spur. Players on his level are looking for the biggest payday. San Antonio isn't a market players avoid. It's just that most of the time we do not have the money to bag the best free agents. That's because we've always had Tim, Manu, and Tony and that ate up much of the room that could have gotten other big time free agents.

Chinook
07-23-2019, 01:31 PM
Having a reason for doing something doesn't remove blame. Kawhi had a reason for being a bitch too.

I'd still love to have Morris as a buyout candidate this spring though.

BSfromTX
07-23-2019, 01:44 PM

I would agree except it is not that simple

1. New York income tax
2. New York property tax
3. Cost of living
4. Spurs made sacrifices based off his word
5. He could have said, "hey, I will sign, but can you give me a few days to see if I can do better" .....at the very least

1-3 will chew up a good part of 5M and 4 and 5 are just simply being upfront and stand up guy.

gambit1990
07-23-2019, 02:00 PM
seems like nba players aren’t allowed to sign right away after agreeing is so they could have a chance of changing their mind...

TimDunkem
07-23-2019, 02:02 PM
I would agree except it is not that simple

1. New York income tax
2. New York property tax
3. Cost of living
4. Spurs made sacrifices based off his word
5. He could have said, "hey, I will sign, but can you give me a few days to see if I can do better" .....at the very least

1-3 will chew up a good part of 5M and 4 and 5 are just simply being upfront and stand up guy.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways for an athlete to make up that money in the NYC market. They have more than HEBs and Taco Cabanas.

DPG21920
07-23-2019, 02:15 PM
seems like nba players aren’t allowed to sign right away after agreeing is so they could have a chance of changing their mind...

That is literally the opposite of the INTENT of the moratorium period.

Seventyniner
07-23-2019, 02:32 PM
That is literally the opposite of the INTENT of the moratorium period.

I thought the intent was to give the NBA bean counters time to calculate the exact amount of the cap and tax because contracts can't have specific salaries and terms until that happens. However, I don't see why that should take 5-6 days. I would be in favor of opening free agency on July 3 at noon eastern time but not having a moratorium at all.

DAF86
07-23-2019, 02:46 PM
We are the fat chick at the end of the night :(

DPG21920
07-23-2019, 02:57 PM
I thought the intent was to give the NBA bean counters time to calculate the exact amount of the cap and tax because contracts can't have specific salaries and terms until that happens. However, I don't see why that should take 5-6 days. I would be in favor of opening free agency on July 3 at noon eastern time but not having a moratorium at all.

NBA seems to be talking about this exact thing amongst other things; but you are correct. Moratorium is not so “players can change their mind”. It’s so teams can get everything in order along with the NBA to execute legally all the agreed upon moves.

GreekSpursfan
07-23-2019, 03:01 PM
spurs offered 20 million for 2 years, I’m taking the guaranteed 20 million over 15/1 year

This is not the NFL, this is the NBA where he will play for a tanking organization. Its basically a one year vacation with limited to zero possibility of injury being paid 15m. At the end of the season he will be the freshest free agent out there.

DPG21920
07-23-2019, 03:03 PM
This is not the NFL, this is the NBA where he will play for a tanking organization. Its basically a one year vacation with limited to zero possibility of injury being paid 15m. At the end of the season he will be the freshest free agent out there.

Teams had money this year and he still was not a big deal to them. Now? After this? He’s not good enough to worry about for teams in light of his issues.

GreekSpursfan
07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Teams had money this year and he still was not a big deal to them. Now? After this? He’s not good enough to worry about for teams in light of his issues.

You have a point there since Boston elected to let him go and even though Ainge made some questionable decisions last season i still think very highly of him so he must know a thing or two about Morris's personality

phxspurfan
07-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Happens all the time in the real world.

Dunder Mifflin was basing a reorganization around Josh Porter but he bolted once he got a better offer. Forcing DM to shut down the Stamford branch.

Just watched S01E01 on Netflix. Funny shit

phxspurfan
07-23-2019, 03:17 PM
You have a point there since Boston elected to let him go and even though Ainge made some questionable decisions last season i still think very highly of him so he must know a thing or two about Morris's personality

Boston also traded IT at his absolute peak. Good move. But could have also traded only one of Brown or Tatum, at their peaks, to get Kawhi. They would have rang easily last year with Kawhi, Brown or Tatum, Horford, Hayward, Kyrie and Scary Terry. Big mistake

Arcadian
07-23-2019, 03:19 PM
We are the fat chick at the end of the night :(
Yeah, and Marcus Morris is the belligerent douche desperately searching for something to fuck.

Dex
07-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Just watched S01E01 on Netflix. Funny shit

If you are just starting The Office for the first time, you are in for a fun ride my friend.

sasaint
07-23-2019, 04:41 PM
Having a reason for doing something doesn't remove blame. Kawhi had a reason for being a bitch too.

Nah, not now. He burned that bridge.

sasaint
07-23-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of ways for an athlete to make up that money in the NYC market. They have more than HEBs and Taco Cabanas.

I don't know how many revenue streams are available to an afterthought like Marcus, though.

weebo
07-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Why are you agreeing to anything if you're not sure about the deal you just agreed to? This can't be good for Morris or free agency moving forward...at what point will teams take player's word at face value?...with the KL situation (Raps/Lakers) and now Morris players are losing a lot of credibility among front offices and fans

urunobili
07-23-2019, 05:09 PM
I wish him nothing but the best TBH. Same for Nephew. Don’t let the door hitcha homeboy

cd98
07-23-2019, 05:14 PM
Why are you agreeing to anything if you're not sure about the deal you just agreed to? This can't be good for Morris or free agency moving forward...at what point will teams take player's word at face value?...with the KL situation (Raps/Lakers) and now Morris players are losing a lot of credibility among front offices and fans

Eh, not really. It probably means a team will not trade a player like the Spurs did until a contract is signed. But I guess it might hurt where teams have to make a trade to finalize the deal. In those instances, maybe the team passes on the deal, though I'd bet that doesn't even stop the deal from happening.

TimmyBuckets
07-23-2019, 05:16 PM
marcus morris basically called us a pity signing.........spurs will never sign marquee free agents or even middle of the road players in their prime until they relocate to austin

LMA

weebo
07-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Eh, not really. It probably means a team will not trade a player like the Spurs did until a contract is signed. But I guess it might hurt where teams have to make a trade to finalize the deal. In those instances, maybe the team passes on the deal, though I'd bet that doesn't even stop the deal from happening.

Just saying it might hurt players especially those with shady/wishy washy histories...why attempt to negotiate with a guy like Morris if there's a chance he's going to pull this kinda crap?...I'd just rather shop elsewhere...also it's great for teams that get their guy but what happens to the ones end up holding the bag?

SequSpur
07-23-2019, 05:25 PM
We are trying to fit MARCUS MORRIS into the thinking, rational human being round hole. That doesn't add up.

We are talking about a weird guy who has had "issues" for awhile. They want their money by any means necessary. Integrity is not a life skill often displayed by current NBA players. Jeez, contracts mean nothing now.

EXACTLY!!!!

BackHome
07-23-2019, 06:59 PM
I think any team dealing with New York in the future are going to dot their eyes and cross their T.

Spurtacular
07-23-2019, 07:01 PM

Why? Do you think there's that much of a chance of the wheels falling off? He can sign for another 15 next year and live in NY.

Chucho
07-23-2019, 08:16 PM
It was a smart move for Morris' bank account. He's getting $5 million more on a bad team, in a major market. He's going to inflate his stats and get paid next off-season which is slim pickings. Knowing how shit the NY FO is, there's a good chance they brick what little there is next off-season and re-up Morris for that big deal.

Mr. Body
07-23-2019, 08:33 PM
It was a smart move for Morris' bank account. He's getting $5 million more on a bad team, in a major market. He's going to inflate his stats and get paid next off-season which is slim pickings. Knowing how shit the NY FO is, there's a good chance they brick what little there is next off-season and re-up Morris for that big deal.

Maybe. Beyond the expense of living in New York City, he has like five other power forwards to compete against. He'll have no visibility whatsoever, as the Knicks may be the worst team of all time, and he's perceived as both having broken his word to the Spurs and not wanting to compete. Also, he turned down a better offer from the Clippers, so no one knows what he wants. Plus, the second year from the Spurs could be seen as an insurance of $10 million in case he got hurt. Passing on all this for five million more doesn't seem the wisest.

exstatic
07-25-2019, 01:56 PM

That $5M isn't but a fraction of that amount, because of city and state taxes, and cost of living differences. He won't be able to pad his stats as one of FIVE PFs on the roster.

Dverde
07-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Maybe. Beyond the expense of living in New York City, he has like five other power forwards to compete against. He'll have no visibility whatsoever, as the Knicks may be the worst team of all time, and he's perceived as both having broken his word to the Spurs and not wanting to compete. Also, he turned down a better offer from the Clippers, so no one knows what he wants. Plus, the second year from the Spurs could be seen as an insurance of $10 million in case he got hurt. Passing on all this for five million more doesn't seem the wisest.

You have a good point on the player option. I wonder why he couldn’t get one with NYK. Spurs deal was more guaranteed cash.

cd98
07-25-2019, 02:08 PM
You have a good point on the player option. I wonder why he couldn’t get one with NYK. Spurs deal was more guaranteed cash.

He doesn't care about the 2nd year. He wants to reenter free agency next year when there is a dearth of talent and he has a better chance of getting a big, multi-year contract. The free agency money dried up before he could get this big deal. That's why the Spurs guaranteed money over two years didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the first year.

cd98
07-25-2019, 02:10 PM

His stats won't matter. I bet he's traded before the deadline. It was always intended that he was signing a one year deal. He'll get traded and bank on getting a much bigger deal than what the Clippers offered. We'll see if he gets it.

exstatic
07-25-2019, 02:10 PM

He's a cap place holder. They needed to pay someone, probably to hit minimum salary threshold. They have no interest in Morris, long term. They want to get punked in FA again next summer, which is why he only got a one year deal. He has no interest in them, either. Think of it as not a one night stand, but a one year stand for both parties.

Dverde
07-25-2019, 03:08 PM
He doesn't care about the 2nd year. He wants to reenter free agency next year when there is a dearth of talent and he has a better chance of getting a big, multi-year contract. The free agency money dried up before he could get this big deal. That's why the Spurs guaranteed money over two years didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the first year.

He gets an ACL injury like Dejounte, he just lost 5 million dollars. That is why his dumbass should have made the NYK give him a second year player option to break his Spurs deal. What a fool.

heyheymymy
07-25-2019, 04:30 PM
5 million extra at the cost of damaging your reputation when you'll be looking for another contract as soon as next year, putting yourself behind a positional logjam where you wont even be able to display your talents as much, that 5 million is more like 1.6 million after cost of living and tax comps between NY and TX, and the chance to develop under a better coaching staff and most likely a deeper run in the season.

Costly 5 million right there. Morris is an idiot and if this is his shit decision making off the court I dont wanna see his decision making on the court for my favorite team.

james evans
07-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Once again, spurs fans thinking they actually own players. In this case, a player that had never even played for us. Even if he was playing us from the start, it’s his choice. I personally don’t feel his talent isn’t anything to get upset over. Y’all acting like this mf is Dominique Wilkins.

cutewizard
07-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Luka is enough

baseline bum
07-27-2019, 11:51 PM
If you are just starting The Office for the first time, you are in for a fun ride my friend.

The British original is better IMO. US Office was really good until the final two seasons, but on English TV you can get away with lots of jokes you couldn't do in America without pissing our so easily offended population off.

Clipper Nation
07-28-2019, 10:28 AM

He wasn't a priority this offseason because the free agent market was so stacked. Next year's market is trash, so unless he has a major decline out of nowhere this season, he'll have more interest then.

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 11:09 AM

If it works out for him like that. If I were a GM, I wouldn't offer a contract to a guy (in the margins) who might bail.

DPG21920
07-28-2019, 12:56 PM
He wasn't a priority this offseason because the free agent market was so stacked. Next year's market is trash, so unless he has a major decline out of nowhere this season, he'll have more interest then.

I am really not sure about that. He’s an obvious head case, BOS didn’t want him after losing Horford and Kyrie and with this stunt? I don’t think his market will be what you think it will be.

We will see though.

spurs10
07-28-2019, 02:25 PM
I am really not sure about that. He’s an obvious head case, BOS didn’t want him after losing Horford and Kyrie and with this stunt? I don’t think his market will be what you think it will be.

We will see though.
He also will be shopping for representation which I'm sure if there is money involved won't be a problem. I do think his dealings with Boston and us will not go unnoticed. Doesn't sound like a great locker-room presence.

alpha_HaZE
07-28-2019, 11:09 PM

That would be great, but what makes you think NY will want to buy him out?

Play Boban
07-28-2019, 11:27 PM

I’d rather kiss Kawhitter’s foot than have this cancerous scum play for our beloved Spurs tbh.....

james evans
07-28-2019, 11:59 PM
I’d rather kiss Kawhitter’s foot than have this cancerous scum play for our beloved Spurs tbh.....
I don’t give a shit if a mf is the grand dragon of the kkk. If he can hit jump shots, play defense and pass, I want him on my team. Get out of your fucking feelings.

Chinook
07-29-2019, 01:36 AM
That would be great, but what makes you think NY will want to buy him out?

They likely signed him with the hopes of trading him to a contender for a pick. If they don't accomplish that, they'll probably buy him out.

Shit if the Spurs weren't the other team in this fiasco, I'd be looking at the Knicks as a decent partner for a Mills dump/roster upgrade. Morris, Portis or Gibson could help team a team this season.

alpha_HaZE
07-29-2019, 07:10 PM
They likely signed him with the hopes of trading him to a contender for a pick. If they don't accomplish that, they'll probably buy him out.

Shit if the Spurs weren't the other team in this fiasco, I'd be looking at the Knicks as a decent partner for a Mills dump/roster upgrade. Morris, Portis or Gibson could help team a team this season.

That makes sense, thank you!

ace3g
10-07-2019, 07:27 PM
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1181365137313280001

Joseph Kony
10-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Lol wtf. Probably best we didnt sign this retard

gambit1990
10-07-2019, 08:04 PM
^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh.

Mr. Body
10-07-2019, 08:07 PM
^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh.

That's not toughness, it's stupidity.

Genovaswitness
10-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Lol wtf. Probably best we didnt sign this retard

seems like it's the alpha type of personality this team needs tbh. every one of our players would cuck out in that situation

Joseph Kony
10-07-2019, 08:12 PM
seems like it's the alpha type of personality this team needs tbh. every one of our players would cuck out in that situation
i get that you're trolling 99% of the time but this dude was just asshurt someone was D'ing him up in a preseason game and if he had connected with that elbow probably would have been suspended for at least 5 games. seems pretty bitchmade to react like that imho

Em-City
10-07-2019, 08:16 PM

what a dirtbag

Genovaswitness
10-07-2019, 08:16 PM
i get that you're trolling 99% of the time but this dude was just asshurt someone was D'ing him up in a preseason game and if he had connected with that elbow probably would have been suspended for at least 5 games. seems pretty bitchmade to react like that imho

that ho ass defender won't try that again I guarantee you. meanwhile our guys get abused every playoffs series with no resistance...kawhi didn't start complaining for calls until he had one foot out the door..the "spurs way"

Joseph Kony
10-07-2019, 08:20 PM
that ho ass defender won't try that again I guarantee you. meanwhile our guys get abused every playoffs series with no resistance...kawhi didn't start complaining for calls until he had one foot out the door..the "spurs way"

:lol sure he will, because Morris is out of the game and now the refs will be watching for it

gambit1990
10-07-2019, 08:40 PM
yeah, was dumb but he still brings an edge / is an enforcer type. when not ejected :lol

Pavlov
10-07-2019, 08:45 PM
^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh.:lmao those pussy moves are the opposite of toughness.

Pavlov
10-07-2019, 08:46 PM
seems like it's the alpha type of personality this team needs tbh. every one of our players would cuck out in that situationThey certainly wouldn't have a meltdown because someone is guarding them.

DC23
10-07-2019, 09:00 PM
This should be a suspendable offense. Great way to give someone a concussion or neck injury.

ZeusWillJudge
10-07-2019, 09:44 PM
LOL. I was just going to post that. Never mind what should happen to him, and never mind if it could have hurt the guy's neck or whatever. If dumbshit Morris had pulled that here, he'd be in Pop's doghouse forever. And if he'll do it in preseason, he would have done something sooner or later here. He would have been an absolute waste of a roster slot, and cap space. He did us a favor.

And, yeah, it was a bitch move. Maybe he's got the redass because it's finally sunk in that he's playing for the fucking Knicks.

ZeusWillJudge
10-07-2019, 09:46 PM
They certainly wouldn't have a meltdown because someone is guarding them.

:tu

I like a guy with toughness, and even a bit of an attitude. I loved it when Bertans' came up and had his teammate's back, even if Pop didn't appreciate it. But losing your shit over a guy doing his job, and getting yourself ejected over it? Pass.

GAustex
10-07-2019, 09:49 PM
:tu

I like a guy with toughness, and even a bit of an attitude. I loved it when Bertans' came up and had his teammate's back, even if Pop didn't appreciate it. But losing your shit over a guy doing his job, and getting yourself ejected over it? Pass.
Pretty sure Davis bowed up on Monroe-Davis is not wise.

Mr. Body
10-07-2019, 09:53 PM
yeah, was dumb but he still brings an edge / is an enforcer type. when not ejected :lol

betas think this is tough

ZeusWillJudge
10-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Pretty sure Davis bowed up on Monroe-Davis is not wise.

Really, really good input. I'm guessing you've actually measured penis-length on both of them. :lol

You've explained that you wouldn't have a teammate's back, if the guy was big and you was ascared of him. I guess it's no surprise that you don't understand what I was saying.
It's a guy thing.

GAustex
10-07-2019, 10:34 PM
Really, really good input. I'm guessing you've actually measured penis-length on both of them. :lol

You've explained that you wouldn't have a teammate's back, if the guy was big and you was ascared of him. I guess it's no surprise that you don't understand what I was saying.
It's a guy thing.
You got me wrong. I thought it was cool Davis stepped in and was not happy Pop doghoused him.
I do think it unwise to pick fights that you have a real good chance to lose.
And your reply seems overdone but oh well message board are where things like this happens.
Kind of a quick temper you have there...

KobesAchilles
10-07-2019, 11:09 PM
That's exactly what I wanted for this team the. Guy who gets in ur face for no reason and seems angry all the time. Makes a person think twice about messing with our stars. I think that mindset would do wonders for a guy like DeRozan who gets off his game so easy. Make him tougher by osmosis.

Morris comes in and gives us double digit scoring with Good D and toughness all while getting tossed out of 10 games. Perfect for us

toki9
10-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Apparently it's going to get reviewed for possible suspension, which would be served (if it happens) during the regular season home opener against the Spurs:

"Morris, who often cites his toughness as being from “North Philly,” was given a Flagrant 2 foul, which carries an automatic ejection. An NBA official said all Flagant 2’s are reviewed for potential suspension and the penalty would be served at the start of the regular season."

https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/knicks-marcus-morris-ejected-after-bizarre-move-against-wizards/

Roscoe P. Coltrane
10-07-2019, 11:25 PM
^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh. He'd get traded or benched for the rest of the year for something like that.

ZeusWillJudge
10-07-2019, 11:38 PM
You got me wrong. I thought it was cool Davis stepped in and was not happy Pop doghoused him.
I do think it unwise to pick fights that you have a real good chance to lose.
And your reply seems overdone but oh well message board are where things like this happens.
Kind of a quick temper you have there...

No need to be embarrassed about your man-love. I don't judge.

Okay, I do judge. But not that. I mean, when you're a Greek god, you have to learn to overlook man-love or you'd never be able to raise an army. And nose hair. Gods I hate all that Greek nose hair. But that's not important now. What is important is that you understand that the big guy doesn't always win. If he did, I wouldn't have had any chance against the Titans. Have you seen those guys? They're like... giant.

Look, what Davis did was have a teammate's back. What Morris did was just chickenshit. I hope we can agree on that much? We've seen guys get in Pop's doghouse before, but the stunt Morris pulled tonight? Unless Pop has really mellowed, that would be a death sentence for playing time.

Beartrucci
10-08-2019, 12:11 AM
Just saw highlights on NBA TV...absolutely should be suspended for that BS. Could have seriously injured defender with that elbow, add onto it the ridiculously unprofessional head bop with the ball after it. Guy’s a joke

Budkin
10-08-2019, 12:34 AM

Smashing the ball into a defender’s face because they are playing good D is not “alpha.” It’s bush-league immaturity.

Slippy
10-08-2019, 02:00 AM
That was pussy . Couldn't handle tight defense .

Hopefully nba don't do him any favours by suspending him for that first spurs game.

RC_Drunkford
10-08-2019, 02:22 AM
Spursfans: Morris ain't a submissive bitch, we're better off without him

also Spursfans: Pop wants all of our players to be submissive bitches, I wish he would retire

ElNono
10-08-2019, 02:32 AM
some people here still excited about Marcus fucking Morris?

kobyz
10-08-2019, 04:11 AM
some people here still excited about Marcus fucking Morris?

He surely would improve us and make us a threat to go out of the first round... Adding Marcus Morris to our rotation would have fix a lot of things and fit other players to their place better...

Beartrucci
10-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Matt Barnes on The Jump about what Morris did “I love it” :lol

Dex
10-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Matt Barnes on The Jump about what Morris did “I love it” :lol

Pieces of shit lump together, no surprises here

jermaine
10-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Lol, I just seen the video of him elbowing Justin Anderson an hitting him in the head with the ball... Say what the fuck you want, but we dodged a bullet with this dick in the booty ass nigga. Fuck that nigga man. Who does that!?!

spurraider21
10-08-2019, 02:55 PM
if he did this for the spurs you'd all be jerking him off

:wow so smart, this guys setting the tone, putting guys in the league on notice that they cant punk us, and did it during the preseason instead of actually costing the team when it matters. love it! :wow

Beartrucci
10-08-2019, 03:10 PM
if he did this for the spurs you'd all be jerking him off

:wow so smart, this guys setting the tone, putting guys in the league on notice that they cant punk us, and did it during the preseason instead of actually costing the team when it matters. love it! :wow

Not a chance. Never respect maliciously swinging an elbow like that essentially trying to knock someone unconscious

I could live with the bonehead head bop cuz he’s an idiot, but that elbow is dangerous

RD2191
10-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Morris is a fucking idiot tbh. Pop probably would've cut his ass midseason.

james evans
10-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Pieces of shit lump together, no surprises here

I could live with the bonehead head bop cuz he’s an idiot, but that elbow is dangerous[/QUOTE]
You are aware that Duncan did the same thing to Birdman too right? :lol

james evans
10-08-2019, 11:46 PM
I'm glad that you aren't advising me financially..

daslicer
10-08-2019, 11:47 PM
I could live with the bonehead head bop cuz he’s an idiot, but that elbow is dangerous
You are aware that Duncan did the same thing to Birdman too right? :lol[/QUOTE]

He hit him in the face with the ball and it doesn't seem intentional. It looked inadvertent.
Bz7cX_akV7U

daslicer
10-08-2019, 11:50 PM
I'm glad that you aren't advising me financially..

It looks like Morris move most likely is going to payoff financially for him but if he ends up with a horrible injury like acl/achilles tear then he will regret it. Odds are it won't happen but it's not as clear cut as you make it from a risk perspective.

timtonymanu
10-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Hope he fractured his elbow

John B
10-09-2019, 01:25 AM
You are aware that Duncan did the same thing to Birdman too right? :lol

He hit him in the face with the ball and it doesn't seem intentional. It looked inadvertent.
Bz7cX_akV7U[/QUOTE]
Nah Timmy’s was classy and within his space. But great post though. I love it :lol

kobyz
10-19-2019, 03:13 PM

Washington waived veteran forward Justin Anderson, a former first-round pick out of Virginia

we need to sign him just to mess with Morris!