PDA

View Full Version : Honest and possibly very political question...

phxspurfan
07-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Why is Trump so protective of his tax returns? I'm no tax expert, but my returns say basic shit like what I made, what I donated, stock trades, rental income, etc.

What are some reasons why someone would be so afraid of sharing it?

Trump sues to prevent the release of his tax returns
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/politics/trump-sues-tax-returns/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump has filed suit (http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/07/23/1-main.pdf) in federal court in Washington, DC, against the House Ways and Means Committee, the New York state attorney general and the New York tax commissioner to prevent the disclosure of his tax returns.

Reck
07-23-2019, 03:50 PM
Ego.

He's on the record saying how much of a billionaire he is. It would be a shot to his ego when its reavealed he only has like 50 or 60 million dollars to his name. :lol

Spurtacular
07-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Ego.

He's on the record saying how much of a billionaire he is. It would be a shot to his ego when its reavealed he only has like 50 or 60 million dollars to his name. :lol

I doubt you believe that, eunuch.

Forbes estimates his net worth at $3.5 billion.

hater
07-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Probably same reason why shillary is afraid of sharing her personal server :lol

basquetbol
07-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Trump has a fragile ego, he does not want people to know that he's not a billionaire. If banks know Trump is not as rich as he says he is they would either loan him less money or no money at all when he's no longer president being that Trump does not like honoring his debts as a businessman. Funny thing is that if Trump only invested in index funds instead of his past failed businesses more he would be worth more today than he is.

Chris
07-23-2019, 04:20 PM
You lost me at CNN.

Winehole23
07-23-2019, 05:24 PM
You lost me at CNN.You doubt that Trump sued NY?

Spurs Homer
07-23-2019, 05:40 PM
He is a criminal and commits crimes, tax fraud, bribery, etc

he will fight any and all transparency because that is what criminals do

Blake
07-23-2019, 06:08 PM
You lost me at CNN.

Close minded Chris is on the case.

Spurtacular
07-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Close minded Chris is on the case.

We'll remember you're the open-minded one for future reference, cuck.

Reck
07-23-2019, 06:24 PM
We'll remember you're the open-minded one for future reference, cuck.

Do you have some sort of man crush on Jamie?

Spurtacular
07-23-2019, 06:28 PM
Do you have some sort of man crush on Jamie?

Who the fuck is Jamie?

:lmao Did you come up with a girl name for blake? :lmao

rmt
07-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Why would anyone open himself up to the scrutiny of IRS (where if you call 3 times will get 3 DIFFERENT answers to the same question)? If he were to cure cancer, people would find something to criticize - what do you think Dems would do with creative (but legal) accounting in the headlines. I can hear the sound bites now.

Reck
07-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Who the fuck is Jamie?

:lmao Did you come up with a girl name for blake? :lmao

Well isn't this awkward for you.

You randomly look for male celebs and put them in your avatar because?

You out yourself and you dont even know it. :lol

Spurtacular
07-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Well isn't this awkward for you.

You randomly look for male celebs and put them in your avatar because?

You out yourself and you dont even know it. :lol

Oh, so you have a crush on the dude in my avatar No surprise there, eunuch.

baseline bum
07-23-2019, 07:04 PM
Why would anyone open himself up to the scrutiny of IRS (where if you call 3 times will get 3 DIFFERENT answers to the same question)? If he were to cure cancer, people would find something to criticize - what do you think Dems would do with creative (but legal) accounting in the headlines. I can hear the sound bites now.

Wow if he was a great guy people would shit all over him, so that's why they shit all over him for being a piece of shit.

CosmicCowboy
07-23-2019, 07:37 PM
I actually dont blame him for that one. I'm pretty sure his return is damn complicated. When they are released there will be thousands of volunteer "audit cops" digging through the minutia of his returns looking for discrepancies. There is no law he has to release his returns. Yes, it has been customary to release returns before the election, but it's not law. Anyone that had a problem with him not releasing tax returns was welcome to vote for Hillary.

ElNono
07-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Why would anyone open himself up to the scrutiny of IRS

Neither you or Trump get a say in that, and that’s not what this is about.

ElNono
07-23-2019, 07:58 PM
IMO, just doesn’t work for him politically. Dems are going to scrutinize and use any loophole he ever used against him (even if them or his donors do the same), and it’s also very likely he’s full of shit about how rich he is (which a centered person shouldn’t really care about either way, but we know he does).

Everybody knows he’s full of shit, however, this is the kind of thing where he won’t make an unforced error.

phxspurfan
07-23-2019, 09:39 PM
You lost me at CNN.

Sure but the linked doc is the actual court filing

Th'Pusher
07-23-2019, 10:24 PM

Why did he say his tax returns would be released once the “routine audit” was complete? And does it bother you at all that he lies so blatantly?

AaronY
07-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Probably same reason why shillary is afraid of sharing her personal server :lol
:cry but hillary :cry

Thread
07-23-2019, 10:44 PM
He's just trying to get under their skin. Media is always throwing the 3 equal branches of gov't in my face. He's using the Judicial branch to it's fullest extent.

If that tact is good enough for everyone else it's good enough for the old man. The motherfuckers wouldn't get a paper clip without 5 Justices compelling it.

rmt
07-24-2019, 02:24 AM
IMO, just doesn’t work for him politically. Dems are going to scrutinize and use any loophole he ever used against him (even if them or his donors do the same), and it’s also very likely he’s full of shit about how rich he is (which a centered person shouldn’t really care about either way, but we know he does).

Everybody knows he’s full of shit, however, this is the kind of thing where he won’t make an unforced error.

I don't think a tax return says how rich you are. It's about income you made/lost that year - not necessarily assets - especially real estate.

Thread
07-24-2019, 02:54 AM
It's a red herring, an old boot he's thrown out there for them to chase & chew on. A distraction & Media feels it in their bones, knows it, but, are in too deep now to quit it.

ElNono
07-24-2019, 05:16 AM
I don't think a tax return says how rich you are. It's about income you made/lost that year - not necessarily assets - especially real estate.

The inquiry is not just for federal taxes, but also for NY taxes. That would include property taxes, which are calculated as a percentage of the value of the property at the time. The inquiry also likely includes a span of years, not necessarily the last one. The supposed investigation is about the foreign emoluments clause, and dates back to 2016.

Spurtacular
07-24-2019, 05:31 AM
This isn't as tough as everyone thinks it is.

ElNono
07-24-2019, 06:55 AM
I agree. I doubt we’re going to find out something we don’t already suspect or know through this inquiry.

More dog and pony show.