PDA

View Full Version : If became available, SPURS should go after Beal

el contusione
07-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Bradley Beal is the most likely player to be on trading block next. It is reported that wizards are going to offer him $111 Million 3 year max but Beal is going to reject it to make more money once his current contract expires and that is after 2020-2021 season. Bradley Beal is a really good player on both ends and seems like a Spurs type of player.

If we can somehow get a guarantee or something close to a guarantee that he will sign a max deal with the Spurs then it just makes sense to go after him. Spurs can offer:
Derrick White
Demar
2 First Round Picks

This way Spurs don't have to pay Demar. Wizards get DW who is still young, cheap and getting better every season. They get 2 future picks for their rebuilt and expiring contract of DD.

Spurs speed up their reboot and can have a young core of Murray, Beal, Lonnie, Samanic (hopefully).

:lobt2:GO SPURS GO:lobt2:

exstatic
07-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Wash is going to offer him a 3/111 extension.

look_at_g_shred
07-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Once offered, he'll have to think really hard about if Wash is were he wants to spend the rest of his prime years. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he asks for a trade when they offer him the extension.

YGWHI
07-24-2019, 11:30 AM
I would love to have Beal instead of Derozan on the Spurs but having to add young talent like White to the trading block doesn't worth it. And if he's free agent the Spurs don't have the money to sign him this offseason.

koriwhat
07-24-2019, 02:04 PM
i don't want to lose DW. he was our only spark last season.

DAF86
07-24-2019, 02:05 PM
Reports have indicated that Beal isn't on the trading block. One player that is is Otto Porter. I know a lot of folks don't feel comfortable trading an "all-star" level player for a high end role player, but I would do it in a heartbeat, especially if we can get a draft pick or two out of it.

Mugen
07-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Once offered, he'll have to think really hard about if Wash is were he wants to spend the rest of his prime years. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he asks for a trade when they offer him the extension.

Just sign the extension and demand a trade by October. Today's NBA tbh.

Arcadian
07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
But I don't want to trade White.

exstatic
07-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Reports have indicated that Beal isn't on the trading block. One player that is is Otto Porter. I know a lot of folks don't feel comfortable trading an "all-star" level player for a high end role player, but I would do it in a heartbeat, especially if we can get a draft pick or two out of it.

Normally, that's true, but if you see them both rolling off next summer (I do), you go with the better fit, which is OP.

BatManu20
07-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Just sign the extension and demand a trade by October. Today's NBA tbh.

What I was about to say. He’d be hard-pressed to turn down $37M/per. Will likely sign the extension and demand a trade next summer tbh.

Dex
07-24-2019, 02:24 PM

With Murray, White, and Walker waiting in the wings...we really don't need DeRozan, and definitely don't need to overpay him. Getting Porter and some picks for him would be gravy.

BatManu20
07-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Doubt Chicago would give us any picks for DeRozan that aren’t heavily protected. And they’re likely going to be a lottery team for the next couple seasons, even if they had DeMar, so they’d be pointless tbh.

DAF86
07-24-2019, 02:38 PM
Normally, that's true, but if you see them both rolling off next summer (I do), you go with the better fit, which is OP.

Actually, in terms of "fit", I would argue that Porter fits better than Beal. Porter provides that long 3 and D combo forward that we are so desperately needing. While Beal is an undersized shooting guard. We have plenty of guys on that position. Of course you still have to take Bradley over Porter because he's just the much better player.

Mugen
07-24-2019, 02:38 PM
There really isn't a trade out there (not involving CP3 or John Wall) that I wouldn't do in a heartbeat for Demar tbh :lol

Yogatti
07-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Adam Silver's going to send Beal to the Lakers to help Lebron

DAF86
07-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Doubt Chicago would give us any picks for DeRozan that aren’t heavily protected. And they’re likely going to be a lottery team for the next couple seasons, even if they had DeMar, so they’d be pointless tbh.

The draft picks are just gravy. Porter for DeRozan straight up is a win in my book.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-24-2019, 03:58 PM
Porter would be a nice addition to our young core. Definitely a move I'd make.

el contusione
07-24-2019, 03:59 PM

Exactly cuz until John Wall is there wizards have tied up financially and it will be very difficult to build a contending team. He is entering the prime of his career and I think he shouldn't waste it on playing for a team that might have difficulty making the playoffs in the east

el contusione
07-24-2019, 04:06 PM
I would love to have Beal instead of Derozan on the Spurs but having to add young talent like White to the trading block doesn't worth it. And if he's free agent the Spurs don't have the money to sign him this offseason.

White is entering his third year and is still unproven. Beal is entering the prime of his career and has showed when Wall when down that he can carry a team. White can be a good player but I think Beal is better. Beal is signed until 2020-2021 season so if the spurs trade for him this year they will have a complete season with him for 2020-2021 season.

barakz21
07-24-2019, 04:13 PM
While I hope they do jettison DD at some point, I wouldn’t really mind him being retained if it were at a discounted price. The question is, what would you guys think to be a fair price range for him?

Poolboy5623
07-24-2019, 04:15 PM
No big name is getting traded to the Spurs... he has no buddies on the team..

Spurtacular
07-24-2019, 04:27 PM
If the Wizards are stupid enough to take DePression off our hands.

tbdog
07-24-2019, 05:06 PM
I actually prefer DD over Beal as a player and fit. Regardless if Beal is a win or not, the difference would be minimal.

tbdog
07-24-2019, 05:06 PM
While I hope they do jettison DD at some point, I wouldn’t really mind him being retained if it were at a discounted price. The question is, what would you guys think to be a fair price range for him?

The exact deal LMA got probably.

phxspurfan
07-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Porter or Oubre yes, Beal no. Overvalued. People would hate him like they hate DeRozan

spurraider21
07-24-2019, 05:18 PM
i think beal is really good tbh, and a much better player than porter. but upgrading the SG position isn't really the best way to go about improving the team...

derozan for porter and protected pick(s) and im good with that

Duncan87
07-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Wont get Beal their Gm said even if he doesn’t except extension they won’t trade

exstatic
07-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Wont get Beal their Gm said even if he doesn’t except extension they won’t trade

Which means he'll be working the phones 5 minutes later. The longer you hold on to a player who is giving signs of leaving, the less you get. He's got two years left. If you try to talk him into staying and fail, you'll get about half the return next summer that you would get this summer.

RC_Drunkford
07-24-2019, 06:04 PM
only an idiot would trade Derrick White, DeRozan and 2 first rounders for Beal. DeRozan + 1 pick yeah, but no way in hell am I giving up any young prospects

BD24
07-24-2019, 07:18 PM
Wizards aren’t trading Beal tbh. Close thread

sasaint
07-24-2019, 07:23 PM
only an idiot would trade Derrick White, DeRozan and 2 first rounders for Beal. DeRozan + 1 pick yeah, but no way in hell am I giving up any young prospects

I would love to pair White and Beal. Derozan plus a young prospect plus one pick would be a coup. Beal would be that good on the Spurs with a good playmaker.

TimDunkem
07-24-2019, 07:26 PM

They will...Eventually. It's only a question of when.

C-Dub
07-24-2019, 08:09 PM
It would be wise to keep DDR for this upcoming season because White, DJM, LW4 and Poeltl are 1 to 2 seasons away from being a legitimate force. They all are still growing and learning and to have a more comfortable DDR who will most likely be better player for the Spurs this coming season because of familiarity alone not to mention he's probably going to add 3 to his game. The following and last season of his contract is a player option. If he opts out then peace out because our young guys will have that extra needed year under their belts and will be closer to ready to take that we are NBA experience ready. If he opts in for that 27mil for the last year of the contract then I believe barring serious injuries the Spurs could compete for the Chip that year if LMA hasn't fell completely off the cliff. Either of those scenarios would be better than trading DDR for Beal whom would stunt LW4 progression or Porter who fits a need as a true SF but he is not better than DDR even at that position and would leave the Spurs really scraping to even sniff the 8th seed.

james evans
07-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Adam Silver's going to send Beal to the Lakers to help Lebron
Pretty much how I see it in the future

sasaint
07-24-2019, 09:09 PM
Pretty much how I see it in the future

Interesting. Compensate the Lakers for losing Number 2 by awarding them an arguably better fit.

tmtcsc
07-25-2019, 12:17 AM
i don't want to lose DW. he was our only spark last season.

DW was terrific.

cutewizard
07-25-2019, 12:48 AM
:flipoff

DW is our court general ascendant,

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2019, 03:15 AM
beal isnt a difference maker to offload the spurs youth...

cd98
07-25-2019, 08:04 AM
The Wizards are going to trade Beal, but they aren't trading him for DeRozen and parts. They are going to want what Thunder got for Paul George. They are going to want a ton of draft picks and they are going to want a young player with star potential. They can't trade Wall, so when they realize they are stuck and can't improve any other way, they will trade Beal for a haul.

tbdog
07-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Thunder and Clippers deal was a one off historical moment. Clippers weren't trading for George. They were trading for him and Leonard.

mookie2001
07-25-2019, 09:18 AM
beal isnt a difference maker to offload the spurs youth...

beal 26 white 25?

sasaint
07-25-2019, 10:12 AM
They will...Eventually. It's only a question of when.

Definitely. This movie is so old it’s in the public domain.

TimDunkem
07-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Definitely. This movie is so old it’s in the public domain.

We've seen just about every star in the league move within the past few seasons and people in here are saying the failing Wizards would never trade Beal. :lol

Really though...Based on what? It's been proven time and time again that nobody is untouchable except for Patty Mills.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-25-2019, 10:40 AM
I guess if the Spurs got Beal he could replace DeRozan as the star that Spurstalkers complain about as sucking the most.

J_Paco
07-25-2019, 11:02 AM
I guess if the Spurs got Beal he could replace DeRozan as the star that Spurstalkers complain about as sucking the most.

Truth.

Although, Patty & Marco are still around to get some residual hate too.

I like Beal a lot (top 5 SG), but not sure he is a good fit on a team that is already so guard/combo guard heavy.

The log jam would be similar to Boston last season - with so many guards/swing men on the roster - and everyone saw how that mess played out.

exstatic
07-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Truth.

Although, Patty & Marco are still around to get some residual hate too.

I like Beal a lot (top 5 SG), but not sure he is a good fit on a team that is already so guard/combo guard heavy.

The log jam would be similar to Boston last season - with so many guards/swing men on the roster - and everyone saw how that mess played out.

Their roster composition wasn't the issue. Their supposed leader had one foot out the door, already planning his exit in 2018.

el contusione
07-25-2019, 01:53 PM

Lol so you want to get an all star level player without giving away anything. Beal is 26 and DW is 25. Beal is entering his prime and DW will still take at least 2 season to fully develop. Spurs have a good/great track record when it comes to drafting but that will take years and if we want to win now when the league is kinda wide open then we need star players not prospects who will take years to develop. LA is probably going to request a trade if he sees he's no going to win anything with the Spurs and he also shown desire to go back to Portland. A core of Murray, Beal, Lonnie and then you add other role players is good to compete and they are still young to compete for 5-6 years if they stay intact.

J_Paco
07-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Their roster composition wasn't the issue. Their supposed leader had one foot out the door, already planning his exit in 2018.

True, but Steven's inability to keep everyone happy (role, minutes, shots, etc) also played a huge role.

And who is to say Beal wouldn't have "one foot out the door" in San Antonio?

exstatic
07-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Lol so you want to get an all star level player without giving away anything. Beal is 26 and DW is 25. Beal is entering his prime and DW will still take at least 2 season to fully develop. Spurs have a good/great track record when it comes to drafting but that will take years and if we want to win now when the league is kinda wide open then we need star players not prospects who will take years to develop. LA is probably going to request a trade if he sees he's no going to win anything with the Spurs and he also shown desire to go back to Portland. A core of Murray, Beal, Lonnie and then you add other role players is good to compete and they are still young to compete for 5-6 years if they stay intact.

Players who are JUST All Stars are often fools gold, and not worth giving up your best prospects for. There are a minimum of 24 ASs every year, sometimes 3-4 more if there are injuries. All NBA, otoh, is a much higher hurdle. There are 15 every year, no more no less. BB has never been All NBA, and probably won't. The closest comparison I can come up with is a poor man's Ray Allen. Two teams tried to build themselves around Ray. Didn't work out so well for Milwaukee or Seattle. Only when he took a back seat to PP and KG in Boston, and then LBJ, DW, and Bosh in Miami did he have success winning. Think of this type of player as a super duper role player on steroids.

exstatic
07-25-2019, 02:19 PM
True, but Steven's inability to keep everyone happy (role, minutes, shots, etc) also played a huge role.

And who is to say Beal wouldn't have "one foot out the door" in San Antonio?

Let me be clear: I don't want Beal. He makes too much money, and would cost too many assets to get. I was just commenting on the Boston roster comment.

spurspl
07-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Beal is a better player than DDR but hes not worth ddr plus young players. He wont stay in a spurs longer than his recent contract. DDR + 2nd rounder(s) for beal is a wise move but not gonna happen.
Porter is overpaid, his contract is bigger than kardashians ass comparing to his skills.
The only option is gordon or trade with nets. If not, better he stays in spurs and trade him for picks or young player with some potential.

Prime BEEF
07-25-2019, 06:21 PM
DeRozen for Gordon and Okeke is the best option. But this FO doesn’t like big moves

hater
07-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Beal is so fucking overrated. He's basically Gilbert Arenas after the knee injury

TimDunkem
07-25-2019, 08:59 PM
^DD is worse. He's a choker who can't even shoot the 3. :lol

J_Paco
07-26-2019, 12:51 AM
Beal is so fucking overrated. He's basically Gilbert Arenas after the knee injury

What?!

He's a lot more like an undersized version of young Ray Allen. His game is nothing like Gil - Zero, man.

And he's definitely a top 5 SG especially with the serious injuries to Oladipo and Thompson.

I wouldn't take him on the Spurs, though, since guard is their strongest, deepest position and the least of need. They need to acquire one more combo forward (with more size or athleticism than Johnson) over anything else.

JPB
07-26-2019, 03:06 AM
Spurs can offer:
Derrick White
Demar
2 First Round Picks

You trolling, right?

cd98
07-26-2019, 09:31 AM
Beal is a better player than DDR but hes not worth ddr plus young players. He wont stay in a spurs longer than his recent contract. DDR + 2nd rounder(s) for beal is a wise move but not gonna happen.
Porter is overpaid, his contract is bigger than kardashians ass comparing to his skills.
The only option is gordon or trade with nets. If not, better he stays in spurs and trade him for picks or young player with some potential.

The issue is not how close Beal and Derozen are in skill, the issue is why would the Wizards trade their best asset for a 30 year old player and two second round draft picks? If you are trading Beal, you are starting over and rebuilding. You can't trade Wall for assets; he makes too much. But you can trade Beal. Essentially, you are giving up, but you want young players and draft picks. Derozen doesn't make you competitive and 2 draft picks in the second round doesn't justify moving an asset like Beal. You have to give up future value because a trade for Beal is about the future, not the present.

John B
07-26-2019, 09:50 AM
Why would Spurs need another 6’5” guard? Any of White, Lonnie or Murray would eclipse him tbh. If we can’t get a legit 3andD for Demar, Spurs should just stand pat. I’d wait what Demar improved over the summer him knowing he needs a 3pt range and better defense.

spurspl
07-26-2019, 09:58 AM
The issue is not how close Beal and Derozen are in skill, the issue is why would the Wizards trade their best asset for a 30 year old player and two second round draft picks? If you are trading Beal, you are starting over and rebuilding. You can't trade Wall for assets; he makes too much. But you can trade Beal. Essentially, you are giving up, but you want young players and draft picks. Derozen doesn't make you competitive and 2 draft picks in the second round doesn't justify moving an asset like Beal. You have to give up future value because a trade for Beal is about the future, not the present.
thats why i said it wont happen....

sasaint
07-26-2019, 02:55 PM
DeRozen for Gordon and Okeke is the best option. But this FO doesn’t like big moves

I wouldn't really mind this, but it doesn't really help us this season. Gordon is a PF, and we are pretty well covered there. And Okeke, the SF, is out for the season. If PATFO were more aggressive, your proposed deal would set the stage for a companion deal to move LMA, since Gordon would be on hand to replace him. But everybody knows that PATFO is never going to turnover the roster to that extent.

exstatic
07-26-2019, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't really mind this, but it doesn't really help us this season. Gordon is a PF, and we are pretty well covered there. And Okeke, the SF, is out for the season. If PATFO were more aggressive, your proposed deal would set the stage for a companion deal to move LMA, since Gordon would be on hand to replace him. But everybody knows that PATFO is never going to turnover the roster to that extent.

Doesn’t matter how he’s listed, just like Duncan, LMA is our center.

sasaint
07-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Doesn’t matter how he’s listed, just like Duncan, LMA is our center.

True enough. But I think Gordon/Poodle could still suffice for a year. Then bring in Milutinov - retaining Poodle or not.

exstatic
07-26-2019, 06:42 PM
True enough. But I think Gordon/Poodle could still suffice for a year. Then bring in Milutinov - retaining Poodle or not.

With the new NBA, chances are that Mulitinov will make as much or more in Europe, so he won’t come. I’d put him in the Hanga category.

sasaint
07-26-2019, 06:58 PM
With the new NBA, chances are that Mulitinov will make as much or more in Europe, so he won’t come. I’d put him in the Hanga category.

That's okay, too. We can find another 5. My original point was that with Okeke out for the year, I would still like to have a starting 3.

exstatic
07-27-2019, 06:43 AM
That's okay, too. We can find another 5. My original point was that with Okeke out for the year, I would still like to have a starting 3.

OP. He’s a fit, and like DD, is likely gone next summer in FA, clearing the way for our young forwards.

Gordon isn’t a 3. Coupla Orlando GMs lost their jobs thinking he could be.

sasaint
07-27-2019, 10:25 AM
OP. He’s a fit, and like DD, is likely gone next summer in FA, clearing the way for our young forwards.

Gordon isn’t a 3. Coupla Orlando GMs lost their jobs thinking he could be.

Exactly. Because Gordon is a 4 I would still want a starting 3 for next season. Hence my suggestion of an additional trade of LMA to acquire a starting 3.

exstatic
07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Exactly. Because Gordon is a 4 I would still want a starting 3 for next season. Hence my suggestion of an additional trade of LMA to acquire a starting 3.

They won’t trade both LMA and DD.

r0drig0lac
07-28-2019, 03:02 PM

r0drig0lac
07-28-2019, 04:05 PM
What?!

He's a lot more like an undersized version of young Ray Allen. His game is nothing like Gil - Zero, man.

And he's definitely a top 5 SG especially with the serious injuries to Oladipo and Thompson.

I wouldn't take him on the Spurs, though, since guard is their strongest, deepest position and the least of need. They need to acquire one more combo forward (with more size or athleticism than Johnson) over anything else.

he's more like an 2.0 version of ray allen (size, skills, stats, etc)

sasaint
07-28-2019, 06:15 PM
They won’t trade both LMA and DD.

That's what I said in my original post.

spurs10
07-28-2019, 07:19 PM
He is staying with the Wizards for a max contract.

exstatic
07-28-2019, 07:29 PM
he's more like an 2.0 version of ray allen (size, skills, stats, etc)

No. He isn’t as good as ray ray. Ray was a three time All star for three different teams; Milwaukee 3 times, Seattle 4 times, and Boston 3 times. Ray shot 40% from 3 for his career on almost 7500 attempts. He also averaged 4.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists. I never liked him, but recognized his greatness. People forget how good he was.

r0drig0lac
07-28-2019, 07:56 PM
No. He isn’t as good as ray ray. Ray was a three time All star for three different teams; Milwaukee 3 times, Seattle 4 times, and Boston 3 times. Ray shot 40% from 3 for his career on almost 7500 attempts. He also averaged 4.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists. I never liked him, but recognized his greatness. People forget how good he was.

indeed they are, and have very similar individual statistics and achievements (although I still find Ray a little better, he's not MUCH better than Beal)

in2deep
07-29-2019, 07:43 PM
:lmao comparing that chucker to Ray Allen :lmao millenials

KobesAchilles
07-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Think Boston would be open to a DDR for Hayward trade?
i think the dude would be perfect for us

exstatic
07-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Think Boston would be open to a DDR for Hayward trade?
i think the dude would be perfect for us

He’s the 3rd best SF on his team, and I’m sure Ainge would be delighted to dump that albatross contract on any team foolish enough to call.

KobesAchilles
07-29-2019, 09:33 PM
He’s the 3rd best SF on his team, and I’m sure Ainge would be delighted to dump that albatross contract on any team foolish enough to call.
I’m just the fool :lol
he knows how to play the game. He can create for others, plays well off ball, and hits the corner 3. He is done being a primary offensive player but I see no reason why he can’t come in and give us good solid minutes at the 3 while providing some spacing for DJ and LMA on the starting unit.

exstatic
07-29-2019, 10:21 PM
I’m just the fool :lol
he knows how to play the game. He can create for others, plays well off ball, and hits the corner 3. He is done being a primary offensive player but I see no reason why he can’t come in and give us good solid minutes at the 3 while providing some spacing for DJ and LMA on the starting unit.

He’s owed almost $67M over the next two seasons, and he’s an 11ppg scorer. Hard pass. If he were owed maybe half that, you could bring him in as a glorified role player, but not at that salary.