PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kawhi named as the best player in the NBA by GMs and Pro Scouts

apalisoc_9
07-26-2019, 08:53 PM
I know my good friend midnightpulp has him somewhere 7-10

DMC
07-26-2019, 09:18 PM
With Klay and Durant out, Kawhi could be up next.

DC23
07-26-2019, 09:52 PM
With Klay and Durant out, Kawhi could be up next.
I still think LBJ is #1. Kawhi is #2 with Durant injured. AD and Curry round out Top 5. Greek Freak doesn't crack Top 5 until he can develop some sort of consistent jump shot, imo.

lefty
07-26-2019, 11:59 PM
Klay?

MultiTroll
07-27-2019, 12:45 AM
No chit. Him and Lebron still 1-2 2-1. At least we don't have to hear any Durant fertilizer for at least 14 months.

DMC
07-27-2019, 12:54 AM
I still think LBJ is #1. Kawhi is #2 with Durant injured. AD and Curry round out Top 5. Greek Freak doesn't crack Top 5 until he can develop some sort of consistent jump shot, imo.

Are you only looking at offense? I wouldn't put Curry in the top 5 except on offense, because he's a liability on defense. Without Klay and KD to pull defenders, I don't feel that Curry is going to see as much rim as he saw in the past few years, maybe since he entered the league. He'll have some chuckers around him but they can be abandoned compared to him.

Othyus Lalanne
07-27-2019, 01:12 AM

Why is LBJ the best?

Thread
07-27-2019, 04:35 AM
& SAS has yet been compelled to answer for him.

Raven
07-27-2019, 08:19 AM
it's been a given for a while, not sure why people still argue it

DMC
07-27-2019, 10:08 AM
& SAS has yet been compelled to answer for him.

We got a ring from him. That's more than you got from Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Roy Hibbert, Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and Lonzo Ball combined.

Thread
07-27-2019, 10:20 AM
We got a ring from him. That's more than you got from Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Roy Hibbert, Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and Lonzo Ball combined.

Media won't even qualify him that-a-way, D. Media knows better. Media has no intention of going down that path with him. There's absolutely no upside. Whereas the Lakers are fertile ground; Media can whoop the dog shit outta them mercilessly without any cost whatsoever. It's free. Nothing bad can happen from them beating us day & night. Sure, it ain't as rich & robust as before '85 in Boston, but, it's better than nothing & certainly better than dragging Pop out & into the public square for an accounting.

FrostKing
07-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Jokic is better than James. For example

Rummpd
07-27-2019, 12:18 PM
Claw
Freak
LaBroom
KD
Brow-Steph - have to see on fifth

Kawhitstorm
07-27-2019, 02:58 PM
I know my good friend midnightpulp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) has him somewhere 7-10

He actually has him in his head:monkey

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/BBkKEBJkmFbTG/giphy.gif
https://giphy.com/gifs/stupid-homer-simpson-monkey-BBkKEBJkmFbTG

Down Under
07-27-2019, 07:29 PM
I didn't think his playoff run was historically great or anything tbh. I thought he was better in 2017 - much better defensively, more efficient offensively. Toronto will never get credit for being one of the greatest defensive teams of all time. Former DPOY Centre, one of the longest, most athletic, switchable PF's in the NBA, All-defense SG & All-defense PG.

KimmyGib
07-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Kind of crazy to see a player underrated for much of his career become so overrated.

DMC
07-27-2019, 11:37 PM
Media won't even qualify him that-a-way, D. Media knows better. Media has no intention of going down that path with him. There's absolutely no upside. Whereas the Lakers are fertile ground; Media can whoop the dog shit outta them mercilessly without any cost whatsoever. It's free. Nothing bad can happen from them beating us day & night. Sure, it ain't as rich & robust as before '85 in Boston, but, it's better than nothing & certainly better than dragging Pop out & into the public square for an accounting.

Because the Lakers have enough "count the rings" fans that they can sell copy even during losing years. No one outside of SA gives two shit about the Spurs even on winning years, much less losing ones.

DMC
07-27-2019, 11:38 PM
Jokic is better than James. For example

No

Thread
07-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Because the Lakers have enough "count the rings" fans that they can sell copy even during losing years. No one outside of SA gives two shit about the Spurs even on winning years, much less losing ones.

I suppose the press isn't as free as Media claims they are.

phxspurfan
07-28-2019, 02:35 AM
The best player in the league for half the season that he plays