PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Coach Nick: Lamelo Ball to be a top five pick in NBA Draft

Spurtacular
07-27-2019, 02:27 PM
3:20 - Coach Nick: "I have no doubt he'll be picked top five, next year, in the NBA Draft."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHINs2mLc0

That's shocking to me. I wouldn't use a second round pick on this guy, tbh.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2019, 02:35 PM
No Fucking Way.. Big Bro Sucks. Middle Bro could not dominate in a High School Gym.. And Daddy is a media hogging lunatic.. Plus no College ball.

He will seriously be lucky to get drafted..

dbreiden83080
07-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Watching the video he is the same as Lonzo. He can't shoot the ball for Jack Shit..

Chris
07-27-2019, 03:20 PM
WNBA draft maybe

Spurtacular
07-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Watching the video he is the same as Lonzo. He can't shoot the ball for Jack Shit..

An even worse shooter and less athletic.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2019, 04:24 PM
An even worse shooter and less athletic.

Yeah and he is not going to College

SO I have no idea where he is going to fit in with the other top 1 and done guys coming out? Playing in a handpicked overseas league so he can look pretty good.. And Daddy is such a problem..

Spurtacular
07-27-2019, 04:38 PM
Yeah and he is not going to College

SO I have no idea where he is going to fit in with the other top 1 and done guys coming out? Playing in a handpicked overseas league so he can look pretty good.. And Daddy is such a problem..

I just don't think he's an NBA talent, period.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2019, 04:39 PM
I just don't think he's an NBA talent, period.

I don't think any of the Balls are LOL.. Lonzo is straight garbage..

Spurtacular
07-27-2019, 04:40 PM
I don't think any of the Balls are LOL.. Lonzo is straight garbage..

Yea, Lamelo may have had an outside shot at developing if he didn't f*ck UCLA up. I don't see it going forward though.

DMC
07-27-2019, 11:31 PM
There's no need to keep going back to that well. It was empty the 1st time.

FkLA
07-28-2019, 11:49 AM
He's one of those annoying players that is more interested in looking cool out on the court than actually winning. It's cool to pull up from halfcourt but it's not cool to get back on defense. Probably learned it from his dumbass older brother except Melo took it a step further and doesn't play defense like his big bro.

He does look less wimpy and his athleticism has improved though. He was struggling to dunk despite being 6-5 not that long ago. He might be worth a late pick as a project, let an NBA development program work on his body for 2-3 years. Definitely not a Top 5 guy though. :lol

Killakobe81
07-28-2019, 12:14 PM
I don't know if he will be very good.
But he does have first round talent.
I hate his spoiled attitude... And lazy defense. But his shot and handle are better than his brother. His dad is a negative. But he is probably a late first rounder without the baggage... With it tho I would hesitate to draft him

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 12:36 PM
He's one of those annoying players that is more interested in looking cool out on the court than actually winning. It's cool to pull up from halfcourt but it's not cool to get back on defense. Probably learned it from his dumbass older brother except Melo took it a step further and doesn't play defense like his big bro.

He does look less wimpy and his athleticism has improved though. He was struggling to dunk despite being 6-5 not that long ago. He might be worth a late pick as a project, let an NBA development program work on his body for 2-3 years. Definitely not a Top 5 guy though. :lol

Tells you the mental state of blacks, that they regularly pack those gyms for that sh** though.

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 12:37 PM

Yea, I'd like to say Coach Nick was just getting carried away in the moment; but it's not like he doesn't edit his own videos.

phxspurfan
07-28-2019, 02:23 PM
who tf is Lamelo Ball. Does he play in China or whatever

ambchang
07-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Top five in the second round, maybe.

spurraider21
07-28-2019, 08:53 PM
he looks like a strictly worse lonzo tbh... same broken jump shot, not nearly as disciplined in his game, less twitchy athlete, and not a good defender.

he's also just 17... but looks way premature to be an NBA draft pick. dude really could have benefitted from 3-4 years of college ball. at this point he's going to have to settle for rising through the G-League

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 09:48 PM
Sh** I thought it was talking about the middle one....

Yea, the little one is the worst one of the bunch. Dude is f'ing cancer on top of just not being very good.

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 10:10 PM
read the comments, brutal.

Don't know if he is trying to appease his new black friend, the in the lab guy, or what.

It's comical, just as they comment about his "vision" and "football passes" the second one gets easily stolen.

They go ape shit over a missed dunk.

Make no commentary on the numerous bricks with horrible "ball family form" as he clanks brick after brick(and coach nick is a shot doctor) he just goes along within the lab guys talk of "flow."

Then he as they talk about his DEFENSE the BALL fouls out early on the way to many reach-ins that had NO way of being good.

Oh, in the lab guy even acknowledges Ball has "no fundamentals" but goes back to the mysterious "flow" (must be lime mediachorines)

The crux of their justification is "he is better than Lonzo was at this age"

OBLIVIOUS to how horrible Lonzo has been as a pro

Yea Coach Nick cucking hard on this one.

pad300
07-28-2019, 10:38 PM
The Stepien says he's got a chance to be really good as well. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/07/25/draft-notes-heuristics-love-lamelo-ball/

I definitely see a potentially good player. He's got a little of Lonzo's broken jumper - right hand on the left side of his face - but nowhere near as much. If Lonzo could shoot (even halfway decent), he'd be a valuable player. Lamelo's form isn't consistent, but not many 17 year olds are... Get the kid a decent shooting coach, should work out in time.

He's a flashy passer, but not bad at it.

Physically, Lamelo is taller than Lonzo, and the Ball's all have positive wingspans... The kid is 17 - he's skinny now, he'll grow into his body.

He's not a top candidate to me, but a first rounder easily. The single worst thing about him as a prospect is his relatives...

Spurtacular
07-28-2019, 11:21 PM
I definitely see a potentially good player. He's got a little of Lonzo's broken jumper

He's a poor shooter who doesn't want to put in the work. How do you think it's gonna end up?

spurraider21
08-02-2019, 01:44 PM
The Stepien says he's got a chance to be really good as well. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/07/25/draft-notes-heuristics-love-lamelo-ball/

I definitely see a potentially good player. He's got a little of Lonzo's broken jumper - right hand on the left side of his face - but nowhere near as much. If Lonzo could shoot (even halfway decent), he'd be a valuable player. Lamelo's form isn't consistent, but not many 17 year olds are... Get the kid a decent shooting coach, should work out in time.

He's a flashy passer, but not bad at it.

Physically, Lamelo is taller than Lonzo, and the Ball's all have positive wingspans... The kid is 17 - he's skinny now, he'll grow into his body.

He's not a top candidate to me, but a first rounder easily. The single worst thing about him as a prospect is his relatives...
even when he plays in these crappy Ball leagues, his shooting %'s are abhorrent but with massive volume

FkLA
08-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Sh** I thought it was talking about the middle one....

Yea, the little one is the worst one of the bunch. Dude is f'ing cancer on top of just not being very good.

:lol No. The middle one is by far the worst one. He's not as long as his brothers, he's the heaviest one, least athletic one, can't dribble. Everytime he talked about the draft I'd cringe. It was like bro I'm not even sure you're a G-League benchwarmer and you're over here talking about being drafted.

Spurtacular
08-02-2019, 04:00 PM
:lol No. The middle one is by far the worst one. He's not as long as his brothers, he's the heaviest one, least athletic one, can't dribble. Everytime he talked about the draft I'd cringe. It was like bro I'm not even sure you're a G-League benchwarmer and you're over here talking about being drafted.

The middle one has better fundamentals. It's a judgement call on who's worse, tbh.

baseline bum
08-02-2019, 04:02 PM
read the comments, brutal.

Don't know if he is trying to appease his new black friend, the in the lab guy, or what.

It's comical, just as they comment about his "vision" and "football passes" the second one gets easily stolen.

They go ape shit over a missed dunk.

Make no commentary on the numerous bricks with horrible "ball family form" as he clanks brick after brick(and coach nick is a shot doctor) he just goes along within the lab guys talk of "flow."

Then he as they talk about his DEFENSE the BALL fouls out early on the way to many reach-ins that had NO way of being good.

Oh, in the lab guy even acknowledges Ball has "no fundamentals" but goes back to the mysterious "flow" (must be like mediachorines)

The crux of their justification is "he is better than Lonzo was at this age"

OBLIVIOUS to how horrible Lonzo has been as a pro

Same guy a few years ago made a video about JJ Barea being the next Nash. :lol

FkLA
08-02-2019, 04:19 PM
The middle one has better fundamentals. It's a judgement call on who's worse, tbh.

Not really. The middle one was a jackass who cherry picked and didn't try on defense too. People make the mistake of thinking that because he was a more limited player (3s and post-ups) that he tried harder/was more humble than his more talented brothers which was really never the case.

His shooting form isn't as ugly as his brothers' but that's about all he has going for himself, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-28-2019, 06:16 PM
I weep for basketball.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/why-lamelo-ball-could-be-a-top-5-nba-draft-prospect-in-2020/ar-AAGskzJ?ocid=spartanntp

ambchang
08-28-2019, 09:49 PM
A dumber version of a bust is now a top prospect in the NBA.

:lol today’s nba

KobesAchilles
08-28-2019, 10:21 PM
Future Spur tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2019, 10:01 AM
YouTube basketball coaching "expert". :lol

Seventyniner
08-29-2019, 12:33 PM
The Lakers just won't be able to resist.

FkLA
08-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Derrick White >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LaFailo

Trill Clinton
09-13-2019, 01:14 PM

AussieFanKurt
09-15-2019, 08:54 AM
The NBL is such a shit league... its really hard to watch. I'm glad prospects are coming over here to play though.. at least get paid

DMC
09-15-2019, 09:22 PM
in b4 one of the race baiters makes an alt to nutride him.

Trill Clinton
09-20-2019, 08:54 AM
dropped 21, 12 and 7 against the 6X defensive player of the year.

xhP87xToEZ0

Spurtacular
09-20-2019, 08:34 PM
dropped 21, 12 and 7 against the 6X defensive player of the year.

xhP87xToEZ0

You excited?

ambchang
09-21-2019, 10:08 AM
Who’s the 6x DPoY?

Spurtacular
09-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Who’s the 6x DPoY?

6x unofficially at his park n' rec league.

Spurtacular
09-21-2019, 03:11 PM
I finally figured out the voice of the announcer. It's that fag from 'The Starters' on NBA TV. Dude apparently needs a paycheck in the offseason.

Trill Clinton
09-23-2019, 01:56 PM
You excited?

should i be?

Trill Clinton
09-24-2019, 12:07 PM

benefactor
09-24-2019, 07:38 PM
:lol thinking anyone is going to want to deal with dad after the shit he pulled with the Lakers

Spurtacular
09-24-2019, 11:11 PM

NBA GMs are the dumbest in all of sport. It's possible

daslicer
09-24-2019, 11:23 PM
NBA GMs are the dumbest in all of sport. It's possible

A lot of GMs will always buy into the hype factor hence why the Lakers picked Lonzo.

FrostKing
09-25-2019, 02:43 AM
Wouldn't crack the starting lineup for 2020 Duke

Killakobe81
09-25-2019, 06:19 AM
I think top 5 is a bit high..
But you guys are silly if you dont think he is worth a first, when dudes who can't shoot or foreign players with wingspan and potential who haven't done shit get picked there all the time.
It will be up to Ncaa stars and this year foreign prospects to move him down. Otherwise he may be top 20 at least, even factoring his pops.

Spurtacular
09-27-2019, 01:00 AM
But you guys are silly if you dont think he is worth a first, when dudes who can't shoot or foreign players with wingspan and potential who haven't done shit get picked there all the time.
It will be up to Ncaa stars and this year foreign prospects to move him down. Otherwise he may be top 20 at least, even factoring his pops.

He'll get picked top twenty, but that doesn't mean he should be. He's not worth a first round pick whatsoever, tbh.

Trill Clinton
04-03-2020, 09:34 AM
He bought his own team. Trade the 1st and Dejounte for Melo.

DMC
04-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Shit for talent then. Jeff Ayers would be a 1st overall.

Spurtacular
04-03-2020, 05:39 PM

If I was a GM I'd say F*ck that. Don't want that nigga in my building.

Spurtacular
04-24-2020, 11:37 AM
:lol NYK currently projected to draft LB with top pick according to one source I saw.
:lol Biggest train wreck of an organization in history.

R. DeMurre
04-25-2020, 10:09 PM
I don't understand how this guy is being ranked so highly. He had awful shooting percentages in Lithuania and Australia-- he shoots about 25% from three and his overall FG% is below 40%. Almost every scouting report says his defense is generally poor. Seems like a huge risk to waste a lottery pick on.

Spurtacular
04-26-2020, 11:41 AM
I don't understand how this guy is being ranked so highly. He had awful shooting percentages in Lithuania and Australia-- he shoots about 25% from three and his overall FG% is below 40%. Almost every scouting report says his defense is generally poor. Seems like a huge risk to waste a lottery pick on.

Maybe NBA horsetrading and getting a team to draft for publicity?

Trill Clinton
12-31-2020, 10:49 AM
dropped a career high on the Mavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBMEw98oTc

Spurtacular
01-01-2021, 03:39 AM
Danny Ainge would average 40 in today's NBA.

lefty
01-01-2021, 12:18 PM
Danny Ainge would average 40 in today's NBA.

:lol Ainge wouldn’t even be drafted in the NBA today

Would still be drafted by the Blue Jays though

Dirks_Finale
01-01-2021, 02:02 PM
:lol Ainge wouldn’t even be drafted in the NBA today

Would still be drafted by the Blue Jays though

Ainge has better overall FG% and 3FG% than man-boob MVP candidate Harden.

lefty
01-01-2021, 03:20 PM
Ainge has better overall FG% and 3FG% than man-boob MVP candidate Harden.

Manboob is a much better overall player than Danny Change, would have averaged 50 ppg in the 90s against those shit defenses :lol
Danny Chance wouldn’t have a better % if he took high difficulty shots and step back 3s :lol

:lol nostalgia smh

i'm_still_beta
01-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Are 80's and 90's lovers tell that Danny Ainge is better than lord Harden? :lmao My God, it gets better and better. Ainge coundn't even make MLB, imagine how bad NBA was back than

Lefty is right about 50 ppg for Harden and shot difficulty, obviously

P.S. Jordan is bald Demar Derozan with gambling addiction

Spurtacular
01-01-2021, 09:31 PM
Old Danny was putting up 20's and 30's for Phoenix as like a 6th option. :lol

He'd kill it in today's NBA.

How is anyone not getting that today's NBA is most conducive to guards who can bomb threes?

Spurtacular
01-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Are 80's and 90's lovers tell that Danny Ainge is better than lord Harden? :lmao My God, it gets better and better. Ainge coundn't even make MLB, imagine how bad NBA was back than

Bro, Ainge was in MLB while playing college basketball. Look it up. :lol

lefty
01-01-2021, 11:07 PM

:lol baseball is not a sport
:lol Blue Jays would draft him again today, at his current age

lefty
01-01-2021, 11:07 PM

:lol nostalgic 90s fans, they prefer hurr durr narratives over logic

i'm_still_beta
01-02-2021, 02:15 AM

Yes, he was playing in MLB, but he was out of the league in a few years and he was below average player. He was all-star in NBA. I should have been more precise bro

Spurtacular
01-02-2021, 03:38 AM
Ainge was throwing up bricks in the 85 Finals though. I don't think that Bird ever forgave him for that. :lol

Dirks_Finale
01-02-2021, 09:24 AM
Manboob is a much better overall player than Danny Change, would have averaged 50 ppg in the 90s against those shit defenses :lol
Danny Chance wouldn’t have a better % if he took high difficulty shots and step back 3s :lol

:lol nostalgia smh

As if such things existed in this age :lol

Ainge shot over 40% from 3FG like 4 times in his career. Manboob has never done that and he never will even if he became a set shooter :lol

Dirks_Finale
01-02-2021, 09:26 AM
Exactly.

For anyone who remembers his game, he was a poor man's Reggie Miller. He'd excel today with a green light to shoot 20 times per game. Oh, and unlike many of today's players, dude actually had a sack. Stood up to anyone, even the GOAT.

Old Danny was putting up 20's and 30's for Phoenix as like a 6th option. :lol

He'd kill it in today's NBA.

How is anyone not getting that today's NBA is most conducive to guards who can bomb threes?

lefty
01-02-2021, 12:47 PM
I won’t disagree on the cojones argument, Danny Change wasn’t afraid of the moment , he had the courage to take big shots tbh

Dirks_Finale
01-02-2021, 01:30 PM
No, not saying he is better than manboob. But there's a reason why manboob's percentages are not as good as Ainge or many other players - he takes plenty of bad shots. I mean seriously, I love Luka but he needs to either greatly improve his shot or stop shooting so many bombs per game. Save those wack-azz, Harden-esque step back threes for the final possession of a tied game and pray that trash goes in.

i'm_still_beta
01-02-2021, 03:00 PM
No, not saying he is better than manboob. But there's a reason why manboob's percentages are not as good as Ainge or many other players - he takes plenty of bad shots. I mean seriously, I love Luka but he needs to either greatly improve his shot or stop shooting so many bombs per game. Save those wack-azz, Harden-esque step back threes for the final possession of a tied game and pray that trash goes in.

Harden relies too much on 3-point chucking. If he wants to succeed in the playoffs, he needs to learn some post moves and shoot from mid-range a little bit.

lefty
01-02-2021, 04:32 PM
Ainge was throwing up bricks in the 85 Finals though. I don't think that Bird ever forgave him for that. :lol

to be fair, except for a few games, Bird underperformed in the Finals

Trill Clinton
01-11-2021, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMzpGpSUqWE

TimDunkem
01-11-2021, 11:51 AM
Turns out LaMelo isn't that bad. Actually plays team ball too.

Wanna trigger some ST PATFO Slurpers? Tell them how much he looks like Manu when he passes on the fastbreak. :lmao

Chucho
01-11-2021, 12:06 PM
So...the "Today's NBA :lol" schtick is now "Yesterday's NBA :lol " . Way to evolve.