View Full Version : NBA: Battle for the 8th seed: Mavs, Pels, Queens and Sp*rs

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 05:56 AM
Here's where they fell last year record wise:

Sp*rs 48-34 (7th)
Queens 39-43
Pels 33-49
Mavs 33-49

Gun to my head and based on their offseason additions, continuity and natural maturity/growth as players, here is how I rank them:

Sp*rs
Queens
Mavs
Pels

Sp*rs hung on for dear life and snuck in the playoffs last year as a 7th seed. 50-win streak snapped. :lol What have they really done to improve - other than get back Dejounte Murray? No Klutch Morris to help LMA either :lol Wouldn't surprise me if they missed the playoffs this year tbh.

The Queens are loaded with young talent. Wouldn't surprise me if they overtake the Sp*rs for a playoff spot this year. I got Sp*rs better ONLY due to MAGA Pop >>>>> Puke Walton.

Mavs is my X-factor in this. KP and Luka could be magical I'd KP comes back in all star form and Luka continues to build off his rookie season. Their coach is underrated too. They may push the Sp*rs out too :lol

I'm biased with the Pels. My young Lakers got traded for a top 5 talent, but didn't get their due because they were Lakers (Laker hate is REAL :lol). I am looking forward to Jrue and Zo locking the perimeter down, leading to a ton of fast breaks and Zion dunks. They'll be exciting but just miss the playoffs.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind as the season unfolds. I have the Sp*rs in the playoffs right now, but that could change. You farmers bet not slip tho. :lol

Ghazi
07-31-2019, 06:27 AM
Their 50 win streak was snapped the year before fwiw imo tbh

07-31-2019, 10:09 AM
On paper, Murray/DDR/LMA are better than anyone on the other teams mentioned. Barring injuries, Spurs should finish top 4.

Laker_1995
07-31-2019, 10:36 AM
Spurs will be fine. There much better than the other teams. Is Murray back ?

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 10:37 AM
On paper, Murray/DDR/LMA are better than anyone on the other teams mentioned. Barring injuries, Spurs should finish top 4.

Top 4? :wow

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 10:38 AM
Spurs will be fine. There much better than the other teams. Is Murray back ?

Yeah, he is supposed to be back.

Mugen
07-31-2019, 11:32 AM
This thread would have more merit if it was started by a fan of a team that hasn't missed the playoffs the last 6 years :lmao

Mugen
07-31-2019, 11:33 AM
"Playoff Mode Activated" :rollin

Mugen
07-31-2019, 11:34 AM
Kirby's last game being a meaningless regular season game cuz he didn't have any big men to carry him :lol

Not even man enough to produce a son with alpha Vanessa :lmao

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 12:20 PM
This thread would have more merit if it was started by a fan of a team that hasn't missed the playoffs the last 6 years :lmao

:lol

Chucho
07-31-2019, 12:35 PM
Spurs will finish with a better record than the Lakers...again.

DC23
07-31-2019, 12:37 PM
Come on! Nuggets, Clippers, Jazz, Blazers, and Lakers are the Top 5 teams in the West barring no injuries. I think the Spurs, Rockets, and Spurs finish 6-8 - not sure the order.

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 12:59 PM
Spurs will finish with a better record than the Lakers...again.

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Kirby's last game being a meaningless regular season game cuz he didn't have any big men to carry him :lol

Kobe has full custodyPERIOD! :lmao

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 01:01 PM
"Playoff Mode Activated" :rollin

LMA and Rudy Gay vs AD and Boogie :lol

Marcus Morris chose Dolan over MAGA Pop :lmao

DMC
07-31-2019, 01:04 PM

His son either was killed by him when Vanessa miscarried due to rape stress or he shot him down the shower in Eagle.

"Woah... son... that in the hole! Eagle!"

So you have Kobe without a son, Magic with a freakish side show Ms Thang and now I have to wonder about Lebron's kids, how they will progress up there with the Will Smith clinically skewed brood and the rest of that clown show.

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 01:11 PM
His son either was killed by him when Vanessa miscarried due to rape stress or he shot him down the shower in Eagle.

"Woah... son... that in the hole! Eagle!"

So you have Kobe without a son, Magic with a freakish side show Ms Thang and now I have to wonder about Lebron's kids, how they will progress up there with the Will Smith clinically skewed brood and the rest of that clown show.

You wrong for this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Chucho
07-31-2019, 01:15 PM

That was your response last year, too. Enjoy another flame out, Santana.

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 01:17 PM
That was your response last year, too. Enjoy another flame out, Santana.

Chucho
07-31-2019, 01:18 PM
Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind as the season unfolds. I have the Sp*rs in the playoffs right now, but that could change. You farmers bet not slip tho. :lol

I was never that high on the Lakers this season. Everyone knew about their health, the roster was put together janky, Vogel ain't never won shit and this wouldn't have happened if Kawhi didn't play us.

Spurtacular
07-31-2019, 01:35 PM

It'd have more merit if anyone was worried about the 8 seed right now. OP really didn't think this one out.

whitemamba
07-31-2019, 01:44 PM
Spurs are finito mi amigo

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Bean Boy

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 02:58 PM
Spurs are finito mi amigo

They gonna make MAGA Pop retire :lol

FkLA
07-31-2019, 03:08 PM

:lmao

Killakobe81
07-31-2019, 03:21 PM

I think they coast in to playoffs... But
4th seed is extremely optimistic. But what I pray for is a Spurs Clippers series round one. The comedy here and upstairs will be epic.

Mark Celibate
07-31-2019, 05:45 PM
meh, I think the Spurs are still in solid position for the 8th seed because of the veterans/system. Pelicans are lackluster outside of Zion, and Kings/Mavericks are atleast another year away IMO.

The Thunder are obviously out of the playoff picture, but the Lakers are now in. Don't see any other team falling off this season. I have a feeling next season one or two teams could fall off. idk maybe Utah and San Antonio

if OP had the mental capacity to trash talk correctly, he would make a quip about how being the 8th seed is worse than being a lottery team but no surprise that his brain is so dumb he can't even get that, faggy opinion + certainty = douchebag status, etc

weebo
07-31-2019, 08:59 PM
lakers are gonna be a shit show :lol

whitemamba
07-31-2019, 09:14 PM
They gonna make MAGA Pop retire :lol
Deporting superstars :lol

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 11:57 PM
Deporting superstars :lol

LkrFan
07-31-2019, 11:58 PM
meh, I think the Spurs are still in solid position for the 8th seed because of the veterans/system. Pelicans are lackluster outside of Zion, and Kings/Mavericks are atleast another year away IMO.

The Thunder are obviously out of the playoff picture, but the Lakers are now in. Don't see any other team falling off this season. I have a feeling next season one or two teams could fall off. idk maybe Utah and San Antonio

if OP had the mental capacity to trash talk correctly, he would make a quip about how being the 8th seed is worse than being a lottery team but no surprise that his brain is so dumb he can't even get that, faggy opinion + certainty = douchebag status, etc

Today's farmer :lol

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 12:03 AM
I think they coast in to playoffs... But
4th seed is extremely optimistic. But what I pray for is a Spurs Clippers series round one. The comedy here and upstairs will be epic.

Spurs vs Clipps? Can they both lose? :lol

TimmyBuckets
08-01-2019, 12:06 AM
OP talking about playoffs when fakers couldn't get in with Lebron is hilarious.

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 12:09 AM
OP talking about playoffs when fakers couldn't get in with Lebron is hilarious.

What year is this, 1983? :lol

TimmyBuckets
08-01-2019, 12:10 AM

Some things are timeless

ezau
08-01-2019, 12:31 AM
The West will be more wide open this season than in the last few years since Durbeta joined GSW. The only teams that should be an auto-lock at the top are the Clippers and Lakers. Spots 3-8 are wide open for healthy and hungry teams.

Chucho
08-01-2019, 12:50 AM

Said the son of a fruit picker who abuses the f-word.

Chucho
08-01-2019, 12:51 AM
The West will be more wide open this season than in the last few years since Durbeta joined GSW. The only teams that should be an auto-lock at the top are the Clippers and Lakers. Spots 3-8 are wide open for healthy and hungry teams.

:lol you're high as fuck, son.

venitian navigator
08-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Imho the thread title should be changed in battle for the 1 to 8 seed...
As someone already wrote the supposed two main forces in the Western conference are the ntwo LA teams...that last season were one just the 8 seed and the other one a lottery team.
I frankly don't think that things can change so quickly...both LA teams have an advantage on talent, but they changed their teams completely...it usually takes time to gel and looks that in this new WC there will be no time at all...'cause any team has a chance to really compete from the start foor a play ofs spot. Just simply think that the supposed last two teams in the ranking are Phoenix and Memphis that I see as two of the most improved teams from last year...

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 04:49 AM
Said the son of a fruit picker who abuses the f-word.

You wrong for this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

ezau
08-01-2019, 05:37 AM

Healthy AD and rested Lebron would be too much for any West team outside Kawhi/George.

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 10:58 AM

And your IQ is the same number as DMC's elastic belt: 55 :lol

Chucho
08-01-2019, 11:06 AM
And your IQ is the same number as DMC (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665)'s elastic belt: 55 :lol

Nah, Juanita. That's the average IQ of the typical wetback. You know who fucks their cousins the most between white people and white people who raped the survivors of the Indians they genocided (those would be Mexicans, fyi...but det Wetback IQ tho)? Mexicans. Mexicans are the biggest cousin fuckers compared to white trash and people like Mormons. FACT.

And 55 also happens to be the the number of inbred primos, tias and tios you fit in the ol Chevy Astro van with your Dr. Pepper cans with the theme park coupons printed on so you can save an amazing $3 per ticket per can. AYE FIESTA!

Also, please don't marry your first or second cousin. I know it's OK with you and your people, but it's really gross.

Chucho
08-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Healthy AD and rested Lebron would be too much for any West team outside Kawhi/George.

Arcadian
08-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Get ready to suck that Clippers dick. Sit back down.

DMC
08-01-2019, 01:57 PM
And your IQ is the same number as DMC's elastic belt: 55 :lol

You cannot stop thinking of your mental narrative of how you think I look. You probably fap to it.

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Nah, Juanita. That's the average IQ of the typical wetback. You know who fucks their cousins the most between white people and white people who raped the survivors of the Indians they genocided (those would be Mexicans, fyi...but det Wetback IQ tho)? Mexicans. Mexicans are the biggest cousin fuckers compared to white trash and people like Mormons. FACT.

And 55 also happens to be the the number of inbred primos, tias and tios you fit in the ol Chevy Astro van with your Dr. Pepper cans with the theme park coupons printed on so you can save an amazing $3 per ticket per can. AYE FIESTA!

Also, please don't marry your first or second cousin. I know it's OK with you and your people, but it's really gross.

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 04:43 PM
You cannot stop thinking of your mental narrative of how you think I look. You probably fap to it.
This us a pic you sent to me after you sat on your hands too long
https://www.jle.com/e-docs/00/01/88/D2/texte_alt_fig1.gif

Chucho
08-01-2019, 06:05 PM

What the fuck is that on his middle finger; a scar or some kind of parasite/worm? Gross AF.

LkrFan
08-01-2019, 07:21 PM
What the fuck is that on his middle finger; a scar or some kind of parasite/worm? Gross AF.

DMC
08-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Your wife probably would love to have something fat and white in her cosita.

LkrFan
08-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Your wife probably would love to have something fat and white in her cosita.

LkrFan
12-13-2019, 06:48 AM
*BUH-BUMP-BUMP* :lol

:lol Spurs 6 games under 0.500
:lol Jordan Clarkson with 25pts
:lol Kevin Love scored 30pts
:lol some dude name Sexton with 28pts
:lol Spurs in10th place
:lol Spurs 2 games out of 8th
:lol Pop starting Bryanna over Murray
:lol at no 3pt attempts for DeFrozen
:lol at DeFrozen's salary
:lol at LMA 16 shots for 18pts
:lol at LMA's salary
:lol Pop ruining the Spurs
:lol at the Cavs clapped dem Silver and Black cheeks

Spurtacular
12-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Spurs are battling for the 11 Seed if they're not gonna play IV, tbh.

LkrFan
12-14-2019, 11:42 AM

Yep! That's why I made this thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281810) :lol

Pop could have fleeced the Queens too, knowing Kiwi would have still left for LA. And as we know now, it would have been the Clipps. Then he could have drafted Luka. Oh well. :lol