PDA

View Full Version : ICE's most wanted alleged human-trafficker "Tone / Ghost" nabbed in Michigan

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Federal agents apprehended a member of Immigration and Custom Enforcement’s Most Wanted List Wednesday who has been on the run for more than two years for his alleged role in operating a large-scale human trafficking and drug operation out of a Detroit motel.

© U.S. Immigration And Customs Enforcement
FBI RE-EVALUATES HUMAN TRAFFICKING STING OPERATION
Darrick Bell, 50, was arrested at the Econo Lodge, a motel in Monroe, Mich., an ICE spokesperson told the Detroit Free Press.

Bell--also known as Tone or Ghost-- was nabbed at the motel on Wednesday with about $12,000 in cash and cocaine, the Detroit Free Press reported. A woman was also arrested.
Bell, a U.S. citizen, escaped arrest on Jan. 12, 2017 when more than 200 law enforcement personnel descended on the Victoria Inn to break up the operation. Women who lived at the motel were allegedly drugged and forced through coercion, threats and isolation to perform commercial sex acts for the financial benefit of Bell and his associates, ICE said.
Bell and five other defendants were charged in a 9-count indictment with trafficking in persons, forced labor, drug trafficking, money laundering, extortion collection and conspiracy, among other charges, ICE said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ice-s-most-wanted-alleged-human-trafficker-nabbed-in-michigan/ar-AAF9ws6?ocid=spartanntp

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Water under the bridge but I'm curious to know who tipped off this bitch ass in Jan 2017 when 200 agents desceneded upon the Econolodge.

Civilian or corrupt LE?

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 12:37 PM
https://stg-ec-ore-u.uplynk.com/slices/f61/be88c4e651db4a7dbe102614d7272948/f615ed356da048f78efeab877206a313/poster_03bd6f74b3a0453b89d885321fd5842f.jpg

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
“It was the worst scene you could imagine, just girls high as you can imagine, passed out on the ground, shivering, freezing cold, incoherent, couldn’t make a statement even when we first encountered them,” Special Agent Jeremy Forys of Homeland Security said.
It was a horrendous and sophisticated sex trafficking right here in Detroit.
“Reports of severe beatings, overdoses involved, the sheer amount of human trafficking that we discovered was going on- it lit a fire under me personally that we were going to take this on,” Forys said.
Months of investigation led to the raid the morning of January 12 when nearly 200 local and federal law enforcement officials raided the Victory Inn Motel.
“They were cooking crack cocaine right on site, there were numerous overdoses, some resulting in fatalities involved on the premises and off the premises,” Forys said.
The raid resulted in several arrests with more to come but none ranking higher than the man police believe was behind the horrifying activity: 48-year-old Darrick Bell.
“He’s a pathetic pimp, the stuff he’s doing to these young girls, you know they’re somebody’s daughter,” Deputy U.S. Marshal Aaron Garcia said.

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Convicted of murder in 1996, after prison the career criminal went right back to a life of crime.
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

koriwhat
08-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Convicted of murder in 1996, after prison the career criminal went right back to a life of crime.
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

should've killed him the same way he murdered his victim and called it a day. there'd be no article to post about his trafficking if we would've taken care of business back in 96.

Millennial_Messiah
08-01-2019, 02:21 PM
should've killed him the same way he murdered his victim and called it a day. there'd be no article to post about his trafficking if we would've taken care of business back in 96.

Depends. You can't sentence a guy to life for manslaughter.

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Can't say 100% but certainly am not contesting you.

Check out the some of the mainstays of *Tones krew and their history. Including his *girlfriend* Tawfik:
The InJustice system. :lmao

5. Tawfik's Co-Conspirators

Tawfik has one recent fraud conviction. Her co-conspirators have extensive records of violent, drug, and weapons convictions. Randol has six felony controlled-substance convictions and a firearms conviction. Nero has six felony controlled-substance convictions. Pruitt has four felony controlled-substance convictions, a felony-firearm conviction, and an armed-robbery conviction. Avery has at least six felonies, including firearm and controlled-substance convictions. And Bell has three felony weapons convictions, two felony controlled-substance convictions, an assault-with-a-dangerous-weapon conviction, and a murder conviction. In the detention hearing before the magistrate judge, defense counsel, on behalf of Tawfik, "vehemently denie[d] any type of romantic relationship with this individual . . . [Bell]." See Detention Hr'g Audio at 39:52-4:03 (Dkt. 26). In contrast, in a series of Tawfik's text messages from November 30, 2016, Tawfik stated to a close family member, whom she referred to as "My Pride & Joy," that "whoever tried to harm him or use his name in a negative format will be by worst enemy . . . I love him and am madly in love w/him!!!! He completes me. I'm praying for the day that we unite as one in front of god and the world." Tawfik then texted to "My Pride & Joy" that "yo[u] and [three other family members] and [T]one [i.e., Bell] are my life[,] I'm living for the 5 of [yo]u!!!!" Tawfik also texted that Bell is "the definition of man he's the paragon of man[,] power[,] respect[,] and dignity[,] he has become the beacon of light in my life . . . He's my halo and that's on [yo]ur life."

MultiTroll
08-01-2019, 02:41 PM
If I ruled the world, defense liarwers who willingly, knowingly schemed to get their clients off would suffer the same sentence.

In the detention hearing before the magistrate judge, defense counsel, on behalf of Tawfik, "vehemently denie[d] any type of romantic relationship with this individual . . .(Darrick Tone) [Bell]."

koriwhat
08-01-2019, 05:31 PM
If I ruled the world, defense liarwers who willingly, knowingly schemed to get their clients off would suffer the same sentence.

In the detention hearing before the magistrate judge, defense counsel, on behalf of Tawfik, "vehemently denie[d] any type of romantic relationship with this individual . . .(Darrick Tone) [Bell]."

:tu