PDA

View Full Version : Lions Fan

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
since we have a couple here.....how do you get rid of Joey Harrington since the dude is probably done in Motown.

Marklar MM
10-31-2005, 07:41 PM
since we have a couple here.....how do you get rid of Joey Harrington since the dude is probably done in Motown.

Break his throwing arm in 94 different places, and hope that it heals together allowing him to throw the ball better. Really, we need to upgrade our O-Line...it is horrendous. Who would have thought that our defense is as good as it is. Hell, without looking at stats, I would say our defense probably scored more than our offense this year.

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey..if it works! :spin

msufan420
10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Easy....just toss his ass out along with Garcia, Mooch, Ted Tollner, Mooch, and Dick Jauron. This team needs to start fresh with a GM who can pull his head out of his ass, a coach who takes command with a disciplined locker room, an offensive coordinator whose idea of a 3rd and long conversion is not that of a draw to Shaun Bryson, a defensive coordinator who does nothing but play zone coverage, and a QB who can throw more then 10 yards down the field.

I've never been a big Joey fan...I did think he was fully capable of doing something this year (I guess that was just buying too much into the hype). Is starting over with a young rookie behind center...maybe, if it's Leinart. I would personally like them to do something massive and go for a proven vet. Maybe package Potty McSmoke Smoke (C-Rog), Harrington, and a first round pick to see if you can lure Brees away from the Chargers...they still have their "wonderboy" in Rivers....Either way. It's through, there is too much talent on the team to waste with conservative, horrible play calling and shitty QB's.

Horry For 3!
10-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Easy....just toss his ass out along with Garcia, Mooch, Ted Tollner, Mooch, and Dick Jauron. This team needs to start fresh with a GM who can pull his head out of his ass, a coach who takes command with a disciplined locker room, an offensive coordinator whose idea of a 3rd and long conversion is not that of a draw to Shaun Bryson, a defensive coordinator who does nothing but play zone coverage, and a QB who can throw more then 10 yards down the field.

I've never been a big Joey fan...I did think he was fully capable of doing something this year (I guess that was just buying too much into the hype). Is starting over with a young rookie behind center...maybe, if it's Leinart. I would personally like them to do something massive and go for a proven vet. Maybe package Potty McSmoke Smoke (C-Rog), Harrington, and a first round pick to see if you can lure Brees away from the Chargers...they still have their "wonderboy" in Rivers....Either way. It's through, there is too much talent on the team to waste with conservative, horrible play calling and shitty QB's.
You'll never get Brees, you can get Rivers though. They are looking to trade him.

msufan420
10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Fuck Rivers.

j-6
10-31-2005, 11:40 PM
Joey Harrington sucks.

The Lions have all those young playmakers at the skill positions and no leadership from their top-3 draftee QB. They need to get Matt Schaub from Atlanta the same way that the Packers took Favre off their hands. With guys like Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Carlos Rogers, and Kevin Jones all they need is a young confident QB that isn't scared to make something happen.

I still think the Lions should have at least have kept Mike McMahon, who now holds a clipboard in Philly. Does anyone remember how crappy Jeff Garcia was in Cleveland last season, and now people couldn't wait for him to come off the injured list? One day soon people will want to know which Oregon QB was the shittest: Joey Harrington or Akili Smith.

He's not the complete answer to why the Lions are so shitty, but Harrington is at the very least half the problem.

samikeyp
11-01-2005, 12:04 AM
No but he is a big reason.

msufan420
11-01-2005, 01:01 AM
It's a clusterfuck of problems. Coddled college superstars with big egos. A passive coach with no control of the locker room. Horrible playcalling. Piss poor offensive line. Players who can't stay healthy (or pass drug tests). Quarterbacks who can't throw the ball, make the right decisions (never throw across your body Garcia), and just flat out suck. Last but not least, they are the Lions.

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 02:49 AM
All I know is that Garcia better fucking do good this coming Sunday because I have to start him in my 20 Team league.

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2005, 12:22 PM
All I know is that Garcia better fucking do good this coming Sunday because I have to start him in my 20 Team league.

I'd be careful about that:

Harrington could replace limping Garcia for Lions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2210207

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Then i'd have to start McCown. :bang

T Park
11-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Kurt Warner is starting this weekend.

Better fall back on your 3rd stringer.