PDA

View Full Version : ***** Official August 2019 Preseason Thread *****

Millennial_Messiah
08-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Excited to be #BackToFootball tonight for the HOF game. Looking forward to watching this new-look Broncos team with Fangio at the helm. They are one of my sleeper teams this year. I predict they will go 10-6 and earn a wild card playoff birth in the AFC in 2019.

:toast

Millennial_Messiah
08-01-2019, 07:14 PM
I remember when Schaub was considered a "good" QB. Seems like forever.

Millennial_Messiah
08-01-2019, 07:54 PM
The Failcons fired Matt Bryant in favor of this pathetic dagowop? :lmao

Sir Johnny
08-01-2019, 09:39 PM
The first player to score in this the 100th season....Khafani Muhammad.

Not sure where this guy has been, when he left HS he was nations number one 100m and some of his Cal runs were spectacular. I was wondering what happened to him.

Collinsworth...."this Muhammad kid has some speed".........he didn't know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud1hkxEFWf4

Other Cali State 100m champs who played in the NFL.

Javid Best
Justin Fargas....a lot bigger by the time he joined the Raiders. Son of Huggy Bear.
Curtis Conway
Napolean Kaufman

While at Cal....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUXOrY9iIw

Sir Johnny
08-08-2019, 08:12 PM
The first big night of NFL football, life is good.

phxspurfan
08-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Cardinals defense already sucks :lol

Millennial_Messiah
08-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Cardinals defense already sucks :lol
Still will manage to beat the 49ers twice as they have every year since like 2014

spurraider21
08-09-2019, 03:52 PM
:lmao anybody read this recent antonio brown shit?

SpursforSix
08-09-2019, 03:56 PM
:lmao anybody read this recent antonio brown shit?

he's a nut

https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/teams/secondary/2018-11/Oakland%20Raiders.png (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/oak/oakland-raiders) Antonio Brown (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11415/antonio-brown) WR, Oakland Raiders (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/oak/oakland-raiders)
https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/players/15/5698.jpg (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11415/antonio-brown)
According to Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver, Antonio Brown's "vocal" frustration over the league's new helmet rules has "contributed to a disconnect" with the Raiders.
Silver's thread is worth reading in its entirety. Brown, who flamed out of Pittsburgh in spectacular fashion last season, has reportedly been a similar headache since arriving in Oakland, lashing out over the league's new helmet requirements. Of the 32 players required to change helmets this year including Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, only Brown has refused to comply, going as far as to repaint his old helmet in hopes that the Raiders wouldn't notice (spoiler: it didn't work). One member of the Raiders organization called Brown's continued resistance "honestly the most insane thing I've ever heard" while another noted that AB "hasn't been here for awhile, and no one knows where he's at." Silver adds that Brown has also ruffled feathers by barely paying attention in team meetings, often showing up late while spending most of the time glued to his phone. The Raiders may be feeling buyer's remorse after seeing some of Brown's recent antics

SpursforSix
08-09-2019, 03:57 PM
oops...meant to post this one...the latest latest

https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/teams/secondary/2018-11/Oakland%20Raiders.png (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/oak/oakland-raiders) Antonio Brown (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11415/antonio-brown) WR, Oakland Raiders (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/oak/oakland-raiders)
https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/players/15/5698.jpg (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11415/antonio-brown)
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy, which will be heard next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now

Millennial_Messiah
08-09-2019, 03:57 PM
still a top 5 WR is a top 5 WR, diva or not

Darth_Pelican
08-09-2019, 04:14 PM
He has cold feet whether or not he wants to keep playing football.

SpursforSix
08-09-2019, 04:18 PM

LOL. I saw a good one yesterday...

"I was going to draft him on my fantasy team but I got cold feet"

Clipper Nation
08-09-2019, 04:34 PM
:lol Raiders
:lol GM Gruden

Millennial_Messiah
08-09-2019, 09:17 PM
LOL. I saw a good one yesterday...

"I was going to draft him on my fantasy team but I got cold feet"
Josh Gordon... I was gonna play pro football, but then I got high...

Chris
08-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Cowboys 9pm central??

look_at_g_shred
08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Frosty the Toe Man

look_at_g_shred
08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Football SZN (drool emoji)

spurraider21
08-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Raiders offense looked really smooth. Josh Jacobs picking up chunks on the ground. Carr throwing down the field to Tyrell Williams. One drive, one touchdown.

And AB was making plenty of sharp cuts during pre-game warmups. Looks like he should be good to start practicing this week.

spurraider21
08-15-2019, 07:55 PM
cardinals look like a trainwreck. its not that murray is bad, but the roster lacks so much talent, and mistakes galore. so many penalties in one quarter. reminds me of the awful mid-late 2000's raiders

Sir Johnny
08-15-2019, 08:02 PM
The Buffalo Bills lost every preseason game for years in their 4 SB in a row years, nobody but fringe players care about preseason. It tells us nothing actually.

QB's without the starting line, will look different. RB's vs second/third string defenders will look different.

The first half of game three we will see something, but other than that all that matters is injuries.

They really do need to cut it down to two preseason games. Or have none.

Millennial_Messiah
08-15-2019, 09:30 PM
Raiders offense looked really smooth. Josh Jacobs picking up chunks on the ground. Carr throwing down the field to Tyrell Williams. One drive, one touchdown.

And AB was making plenty of sharp cuts during pre-game warmups. Looks like he should be good to start practicing this week.

that's why I have the raiders going 8-8 this year... too many people are writing them off just because of their elite division and they've completely written Carr off just because he hasn't had a decent offensive line since 2016. I think their offense will be good enough to get them back into the mix after maybe a slow start due to their rough early schedule. Their defense still stinks.

Sir Johnny
08-19-2019, 04:00 AM
I was wrong about preseason not meaning anything, yes it does. We are seeing a lot of guys looking to make a roster who are shiniing. If they don't catch on with their current team somebody will bring them in.

That Gilbert kid who was the top QB in that league that just folded looks great, as do a few RB's.

Sir Johnny
08-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Finally get to see Jimmy G n acton tonight, still afraid he might be a fake. His body of work is just too small.

Love our skills position guys, especially Jalen Hurd, the guy is a stud.

Check out Broncos RB Khafani Muhammad, he came out of HS the fastest kid in the nation, was the fastest player in the NCAA. This cat can motor.

Millennial_Messiah
08-19-2019, 10:06 PM
Jeffrey Wilson!! That's my dude, hope he makes the 49ers or another team and lands a big role. He did have major fumbling problems @ UNT, as I remember too well.

KobesAchilles
08-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Jimmy G in fine condition! Exactly what I want to see from him this year tbh. Hope we draft that kid from Clemson :hungry::hungry:

Sir Johnny
08-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Jimmy G in fine condition! Exactly what I want to see from him this year tbh. Hope we draft that kid from Clemson :hungry::hungry:

I will give him two games, if he is still sucking then, we goofed.

Pelicans78
08-20-2019, 03:47 AM
Bridgewater has continued to look average in a Saints uniform. Accuracy has been way off especially with even a slight of pressure in the pocket. He’s also afraid to fit throws in tight windows and has to wait until someone is wide open. Seems like nothing more than the game manager he was at Minnesota. Spurtacular, what was your opinion of Bridgewater when he was a Vikings QB? He definitely doesn’t seem like the heir apparent to Brees.

Spurtacular
08-20-2019, 04:05 AM
Bridgewater has continued to look average in a Saints uniform. Accuracy has been way off especially with even a slight of pressure in the pocket. He’s also afraid to fit throws in tight windows and has to wait until someone is wide open. Seems like nothing more than the game manager he was at Minnesota. Spurtacular (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615), what was your opinion of Bridgewater when he was a Vikings QB? He definitely doesn’t seem like the heir apparent to Brees.

Let's put it this way; Sam Bradford made us not miss him almost instantly.

I'd rather see the Saints continue to develop Taysom Hill. That guy has heart and provides a spark. Bridgewater just wants to collect paychecks over the next six or seven years if he can.

Pelicans78
08-20-2019, 04:24 AM
Let's put it this way; Sam Bradford made us not miss him almost instantly.

I'd rather see the Saints continue to develop Taysom Hill. That guy has heart and provides a spark. Bridgewater just wants to collect paychecks over the next six or seven years if he can.

Taysom was amazing on Sunday at LA. Saints were down 17-3 at the halftime, but Taysom came in and just beasted by making big time throws in the pocket and making plays out of the pocket. I just hope he can stay durable but he’s solid as as a rock. I think most Saints fans have pretty much made their mind on Taysom over Teddy.

Spurtacular
08-20-2019, 04:47 AM
Taysom was amazing on Sunday at LA. Saints were down 17-3 at the halftime, but Taysom came in and just beasted by making big time throws in the pocket and making plays out of the pocket. I just hope he can stay durable but he’s solid as as a rock. I think most Saints fans have pretty much made their mind on Taysom over Teddy.

Yea, he's not great on paper; but he had games like that in college.

spurraider21
08-20-2019, 08:28 PM
he's not eligible until 2021

:lol

Millennial_Messiah
08-20-2019, 09:03 PM

But the media has Taysom pigeon holed as a swiss army knife, basically a not-so-stubborn version of Tebow. Nobody takes him seriously as a legit QB.

KobesAchilles
08-20-2019, 10:48 PM
he's not eligible until 2021

:lol
:pctoss

Pelicans78
08-21-2019, 06:31 AM
But the media has Taysom pigeon holed as a swiss army knife, basically a not-so-stubborn version of Tebow. Nobody takes him seriously as a legit QB.

Who cares how the media views him? It’s how Payton views him.

benefactor
08-21-2019, 07:13 AM
Taysom Hill still haunts my sleep from his BYU days tbh

leemajors
08-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Taysom Hill still haunts my sleep from his BYU days tbh

Yeah those were brutal games.

Raven
08-22-2019, 02:25 AM
i feel that the teams are getting consistently worse, skillwise

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 12:39 PM
i feel that the teams are getting consistently worse, skillwise
starters are getting less and less preseason run every year

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 07:47 PM
raiders - packers are playing on an 80 yard field because the winnipeg stadium is fucked up :lmao

Millennial_Messiah
08-22-2019, 09:19 PM
Josh McCown looking good

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Josh Allen (DE on Jags) looked awfully impressive today. he's holding up against NFL tackles better than i thought he would, from a strength perspective

Millennial_Messiah
08-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Josh Allen (DE on Jags) looked awfully impressive today. he's holding up against NFL tackles better than i thought he would, from a strength perspective
I guess it's too bad that the Jags don't play the Bills this year.

spurraider21
08-29-2019, 02:14 PM
seriously, wtf are the redskins trying to accomplish with trent williams?

Millennial_Messiah
08-29-2019, 02:25 PM
seriously, wtf are the redskins trying to accomplish with trent williams?

I don't think they want to trade him at least during Haskins' rookie contract if they plan on making Haskins the primary franchise QB. You have to have a stud tackle to start off a young QB's career or he'll end up like David Carr or Andrew Luck, retiring early due to bad line play and injuries.

spurraider21
08-29-2019, 02:54 PM
I don't think they want to trade him at least during Haskins' rookie contract if they plan on making Haskins the primary franchise QB. You have to have a stud tackle to start off a young QB's career or he'll end up like David Carr or Andrew Luck, retiring early due to bad line play and injuries.
except he's not playing, so they're fucking over their QB. they could use the draft pick and/or cap savings to get a real LT instead of the corpse of donald penn

Millennial_Messiah
08-29-2019, 05:02 PM
except he's not playing, so they're fucking over their QB. they could use the draft pick and/or cap savings to get a real LT instead of the corpse of donald penn
Yeah they can move Morgan Moses over but that's robbing Peter to pay Paul. After Penn their next tackle is Erwreck Flowers, aka the Kwame Brown level draft bust of left tackles, so that's that.

If TWill doesn't play, then they should trade him for a 1st, lots of tackle needy teams in the NFL... also need to play Keenum the year/redshirt Haskins, accept a lost season in a year that's probably going to be dominated anyway by the Cowboys and Eagles, and draft the best LT next year. Maybe the Cowboys lose Prescott and/or Elliott next year and tank to the bottom in 2020? But they're one of the best teams this year. Redskins should understand that right now they're 3rd in their division at best and not play for this year.

phxspurfan
08-30-2019, 01:26 PM
starters are getting less and less preseason run every year

Once OBJ got hurt in preseason last year owners were like

frsId3goYYE