PDA

View Full Version : Curry and Duncan Comparison

BillMc
08-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Curry and Duncan briefly compared as the rock of their respective teams.

Offense. Sure.

Leadership. Maybe.

Off the Court Stability: Maybe

Defense....:lmao

Longevity: Unlikely

Success: 3 < 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHQa09uXAM

phxspurfan
08-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Not a great comparison. Curry is more like the Wade of the Warriors. Won one before the super team, super team left, let's see what the team can do with him now

dbreiden83080
08-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Duncan is a far better player.

FkLA
08-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Duncan - 3 FMVPs (should be 4-5)
Curry - 0 FMVPs (should be 1)

spurraider21
08-02-2019, 06:38 PM
the insecurity in starting this thread tbh

Arcadian
08-02-2019, 06:43 PM
The comparison I always make is that they both caused offensive "gravity" - Duncan by sucking in the defense so they collapsed around him, and Curry by pulling the defense out to spread the floor. So their gravity is equal in magnitude but opposite in direction.

Equal and opposite forces - just imagine if they had played together! Can anyone imagine a more hypothetically dominant duo?

Spurtacular
08-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Was watching Durant-less Warriors game earlier. Any time the Warriors got down by 6 or more, they had to rely on Curry and Thompson chucking. That worked well enough in an apparently weak era. And then they got the needed supplemental help of Durant. But Curry in and of himself as a rock? No, not at all.

Spurtacular
08-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Tell us about it.

sasaint
08-02-2019, 08:31 PM
The comparison I always make is that they both caused offensive "gravity" - Duncan by sucking in the defense so they collapsed around him, and Curry by pulling the defense out to spread the floor. So their gravity is equal in magnitude but opposite in direction.

Equal and opposite forces - just imagine if they had played together! Can anyone imagine a more hypothetically dominant duo?

Especially with Tim’s passing ability. Excellent observations. :toast

Mr. Body
08-02-2019, 09:19 PM
No real comparison in my mind. Curry is like a turbocharged Steve Nash or Dwyane Wade with insane shooting. The defense was anchored by Green and they won xtra championships because Durant is a schmuck. Let's see Curry anchor a team for twenty years.

Spurs Homer
08-03-2019, 12:21 AM
Lets see...

Curry needed the NBA to allow moving screens on every play so he could have open shots and the NBA would not allow a defender to breathe within 3 feet of Curry -

Duncan was pretty much hacked on every play and the NBA allowed any scrub to get the benefit of the calls against Duncan even though Timmy was already proven and a champion - yet still any scrub would somehow get more calls when matched against Duncan.

No comparison.

Spurtacular
08-03-2019, 03:06 AM
No real comparison in my mind. Curry is like a turbocharged Steve Nash or Dwyane Wade with insane shooting. The defense was anchored by Green and they won xtra championships because Durant is a schmuck. Let's see Curry anchor a team for twenty years.

Their 3 percentages are roughly the same. And Nash was actually better at his peak (47 3FG to 45.5 3FG). The more I look at it, the more I think Nash is frankly the better player. Curry could never create for teammates like Nash did.

R to the P McMurphy
08-03-2019, 04:03 AM
well....dumbass comparison

r0drig0lac
08-03-2019, 07:18 AM

no doubt....but without Durbeta making the weakest decision in sports history, that question would never be asked

BillMc
08-03-2019, 10:01 AM

No insecurity bro, just something to do on here in the doldrums of August.

sananspursfan21
08-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Not a great comparison. Curry is more like the Wade of the Warriors. Won one before the super team, super team left, let's see what the team can do with him now

This. While he’ll never be Timmy, this season will be a great litmus test for his “greatness”. I’ll be a believer if he can do some magic this season. Although his lack of defensive prowess is glaring

DMC
08-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Tell us about it.

He got his passive aggressive jab in. He's content. Don't expect any basketball talk.

MultiTroll
08-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Leadership. Maybe.
:wow
What?