PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: vs Clipps on Opening Night?

LkrFan
08-03-2019, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1157690998874443781?s=19

Let's get this shit started. :ihit

apalisoc_9
08-03-2019, 11:52 AM
What a waste. Geroge is out till Jan or Dec. Why waste that game?

LkrFan
08-03-2019, 12:07 PM
What a waste. Geroge is out till Jan or Dec. Why waste that game?

How is that a waste? Kiwi is the GOAT. He don't need any help. :downspin:

daslicer
08-03-2019, 01:41 PM
How is that a waste? Kiwi is the GOAT. He don't need any help. :downspin:

Agreed it's never a waste to see #2 get embarrassed on national TV.

KobesAchilles
08-03-2019, 01:47 PM
AD about to do work. I would love for Kawhi to come out wearing a belt though like Rasheed used to. Media is trying to hype this up like some sort of rivalry, but when have the Clips ever been relevant enough to even have a rival :lol

i want some good ol fashioned trash talking and bravado this year between these two teams

DC23
08-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Raptors and Pelicans on both opening night and Christmas? Raptors are going to suck this year and Zion is way overhyped.

Killakobe81
08-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Raptors and Pelicans on both opening night and Christmas? Raptors are going to suck this year and Zion is way overhyped.

That's the point... Hype.
They see LeBron 2.0
I don't... I think he a bigger (which is not always good) but potentially slightly better Blake Griffin. Thing is people forget the first few years Blake dunked on everybody much like VC did too... Neither guy is anywhere close to Bron. And both had hype too. Not like this tho... We will see.
I hate Duke but not rooting against the kid
BTW.. Black coach that(Sam Mitchell?!) used to coach raptors (now on nbatv) says he foresees him as the best player on a title team like Kawhi cuz he can defend and play make just needs a jumper... I disagree...

ambchang
08-03-2019, 04:41 PM
They see LeBron 2.0
I don't... I think he a bigger (which is not always good) but potentially slightly better Blake Griffin. Thing is people forget the first few years Blake dunked on everybody much like VC did too... Neither guy is anywhere close to Bron. And both had hype too. Not like this tho... We will see.
I hate Duke but not rootibg against the kud
BTW.. Black coach tat used to coach raptors (now on nbatv) says he foresees him as best player on a title team like Kawhi cuz he can defend and play make just needs a jumper... I disagree...

Blake was Kemp 0.7, not Carter. Carter was Nique 2.0.

baseline bum
08-03-2019, 05:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1157690998874443781?s=19

Let's get this shit started. :ihit

Not saying I'm rooting for the big one to hit... but if it does, would be the optimal time.

Pelicans78
08-03-2019, 05:18 PM
They see LeBron 2.0
I hate Duke but not rootibg against the kud
BTW.. Black coach tat used to coach raptors (now on nbatv) says he foresees him as best player on a title team like Kawhi cuz he can defend and play make just needs a jumper... I disagree...

Zion is way ahead of Blake at this point in their careers. Much better shooter, passer, and defender. Zion won't be like Lebron, but he'll dominate in the paint like an old school Barkley unlike Lebron who had no post game whatsoever coming out of high school. Plus, Blake was already 2-3 years older than Zion in hi rookie season. I'm not worried about Zion's conditioning either since Griffin has assembled an elite training team for the Pels.

Killakobe81
08-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Zion is way ahead of Blake at this point in their careers. Much better shooter, passer, and defender. Zion won't be like Lebron, but he'll dominate in the paint like an old school Barkley unlike Lebron who had no post game whatsoever coming out of high school. Plus, Blake was already 2-3 years older than Zion in hi rookie season. I'm not worried about Zion's conditioning either since Griffin has assembled an elite training team for the Pels.

Barkley is a tough comp.
He handles the ball much better but I doubt he will ever shoot as good as Chuck and he ain't close to Bron either and Chuck was a beast . We will see young Chuck dunked like Kemp rebound like Rodman but could shoot better than Zion or Kemp who didn't develop a jumper til later

Killakobe81
08-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Btw rooting for Lakers/Duke south young Pelicans should be fun to watch even if Zion is underrated and I hate Dookies...

daslicer
08-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Barkley is a tough comp.
He handles the ball much better but I don't he will ever shoot as good as Chuck and he ain't close to Bron either and Chuck was a beast . We will see young Chuck dunked like Kemp rebound like Rodman but could shoot better than Zion or Kemp who didn't develop a jumper til later

Zion to me is a hybrid mix of Charlotte Larry Johnson/Charles Barkley.

LkrFan
08-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Not saying I'm rooting for the big one to hit... but if it does, would be the optimal time.

:lol

apalisoc_9
08-03-2019, 09:48 PM
AD about to do work. I would love for Kawhi to come out wearing a belt though like Rasheed used to. Media is trying to hype this up like some sort of rivalry, but when have the Clips ever been relevant enough to even have a rival :lol

i want some good ol fashioned trash talking and bravado this year between these two teams

I mean Kawhi is the best clipper to ever wear a uniform and is coming of a FMVP. :lol

KobesAchilles
08-03-2019, 11:48 PM
I mean Kawhi is the best clipper to ever wear a uniform and is coming of a FMVP. :lol

Even better than Danny Manning?? Hmm I wouldn’t go that far :lol

LkrFan
08-06-2019, 06:40 AM
Somali look like he been running from ICE agents all night
https://twitter.com/LakersEmpire/status/1158492892060475393?s=19

apalisoc_9
08-06-2019, 12:46 PM

Might be most hyped up "rivalry" ive ever seen

Killakobe81
08-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Things that's funny pat bev and avery Bradley and Rondo only rivalry type guys on either side. Bron PG AD and apparently even Kawhi are to buddy for real rivalries... We need Rajon to slug Pat to get it on and popping

tlongII
08-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Just another diss on the Blazers. The Blazers have the best team in the league and that will be apparent soon enough.

LkrFan
08-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Just another diss on the Blazers. The Blazers have the best team in the league and that will be apparent soon enough.

I actually have high expectations for the Blazers this year. I like your team 78 games/year :lol

Laker_1995
08-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Hopefully Portland stays healthy. If they do this is the final year of that duo in my opinion. If it doesn’t work out one must go. Portland should have traded CJ for PG. ( didn’t CJ have one year left? Or was he a FA this summer I forgot). PG and Dame would be nice together.

baseline bum
08-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Hopefully Portland stays healthy. If they do this is the final year of that duo in my opinion. If it doesn’t work out one must go. Portland should have traded CJ for PG. ( didn’t CJ have one year left? Or was he a FA this summer I forgot). PG and Dame would be nice together.

Why would OKC have done that trade?

Laker_1995
08-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Why would OKC have done that trade?

I mean they took Chris Paul. Plus CJ is younger and would have his own team but who knows. Throwing shit out there

FkLA
08-06-2019, 05:59 PM
I don't get the Zion hype.

Opening night and Christmas Day game for a poor man's Julian Randle?

Laker_1995
08-06-2019, 06:59 PM

He jumps super high. That makes him Charles Barkley/Blake griffin/ 5.0.

baseline bum
08-06-2019, 07:22 PM
I mean they took Chris Paul. Plus CJ is younger and would have his own team but who knows. Throwing shit out there

PG forced his way to LA though, don't see him doing that with Portland. Plus I'd much rather have SGA + picks than CJ.

LkrFan
08-06-2019, 08:55 PM

He'll make Oliver Miller look like Brandon Ingram by his 3rd year in New Orleans :lol

spurraider21
08-06-2019, 10:08 PM

kawhi gonna "load manage" at least 3 of the lakers games tbh :lol

IronMexican
08-06-2019, 11:48 PM

For real

All these dudes are gonna be at each others houses on their free time.

LkrFan
08-07-2019, 05:30 AM
kawhi gonna "load manage" at least 3 of the lakers games tbh :lol

I saw a pic of him still wearing a knee wrap yesterday. Hate to see it. :lol

I can't believe after all this time he still ain't healthy. Welp, Clipps problem now. They better hope he plays at least 65+ games. Especially in the West.

FkLA
08-07-2019, 05:38 PM

CJ with his own team? Since when do guys with 0 all-star nods, 0 all-NBA nods, and 0 memorable playoff moments get their own team? The guy is like a third banana at best. :lol